• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Fire Emblem: Twisting Horizons (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Do we handle our starting inventory, or is that managed post-approval?

Do we handle our starting inventory, or is that managed post-approval?

So long as your starting inventory makes sense for a noob who's part of a ragtag resistance group that's scrounging for survival, it's all good with me if you put it together in your CS.

Ah right I cN go then, lets see what people are up to ic.

Also, everyone, just to make it perfectly clear since I think there's been some confusion, we are currently part of a convoy that's now in motion and heading south after a battle. We're not pitched at camp, so there are no tents up or any major stationary positions. Everything is mobile.

Once night falls, which I'll make clear in one of my future posts, then we'll pitch camp and set up tents and all that. But right now, we're moving. So if you need to make any adjustments to the posts then please do so. Minor ones should be fine. Wounded who need healing can be packed into the backs of the carts on top of the supplies and/or squished in open spaces between them, or in the wagons. 5 carts, 2 wagons. So there's room.

Otherwise if you want to be part of a stationary camp that gets in motion soon to join up with us at the border, that's fine too.

I just want to make sure there's no early contradictions.

Cheers!

Also, everyone, just to make it perfectly clear since I think there's been some confusion, we are currently part of a convoy that's now in motion and heading south after a battle. We're not pitched at camp, so there are no tents up or any major stationary positions. Everything is mobile.

Once night falls, which I'll make clear in one of my future posts, then we'll pitch camp and set up tents and all that. But right now, we're moving. So if you need to make any adjustments to the posts then please do so. Minor ones should be fine. Wounded who need healing can be packed into the backs of the carts on top of the supplies and/or squished in open spaces between them, or in the wagons. 5 carts, 2 wagons. So there's room.

Otherwise if you want to be part of a stationary camp that gets in motion soon to join up with us at the border, that's fine too.

I just want to make sure there's no early contradictions.

Cheers!
Made a few adjustments, as requested. Turned the tent into a wagon. Hope it reads better now. If there is anything else that needs changing, be sure to let me know. 🙂

What's the process of CS approval here? Do you ping us in OOC letting us know we can post, or should we expect a DM or something?

Hi! I'm a bit new here, but excited to play if accepted

Quick question: do we have a leader?

Who says who can join/makes company wide decisions?

Thanks!

What's the process of CS approval here? Do you ping us in OOC letting us know we can post, or should we expect a DM or something?
You'll get a DM with stats from the GM, so I'd wait for that as your acceptance notice.

Thanks!
Doesn't seem like it yet, it's more a ragtag group at the moment. If the GMPC doesn't end up leading the band, it'll probably be figured out on the way to Lenmea.

Thanks!

Hoyo!

Zombehs is right. There's no true "leader" at the moment. This is a ragtag group who's trying to reach the border where they'll at least be in neutral, if not safer territory. Once there they hope genuine leadership will come around. It's all still very unclear at the moment given how sudden the invasion was and how little time they've had to really stop and collect themselves while fleeing the carnage behind them.

I looked down for what felt like a second and a whole surge of activity occurred! Welcome, everyone!

In other news, I think I will follow this trend of coloured text. It certainly makes things easier to parse, at least by my eyes.

I have looked over all of the mechanics and still am interested. Now the hard part, deciding what type of character to play

Well holy heckled, currently I'm the only mage that the party will have. So you know fun and interesting.

Don't count me out of the running. I may have 0 magic, BUT I CAN ALWAYS CHANGE CLASSES WITH A SECOND SEAL!

To be fair I said currently for a reason
Pew Pew Thumbs Up GIF by The Weekly with Charlie Pickering

Don't count me out of the running. I may have 0 magic, BUT I CAN ALWAYS CHANGE CLASSES WITH A SECOND SEAL!

You don't need Seals. That's a mechanic for the games. Lol.

In this RP you can Class Change whenever you want, but doing so will result in a 3-Mission debuff to your stats as you get used to the new role, with the debuff getting weaker in each of the three missions one by one.

Also, before a Class Change, you have to make sure that your character shows interest in the new Class during your down time posts (like right now while we're moving from one place to another). Class Changes won't be allowed to just come out of nowhere with no interest or forewarning. So make sure your character addresses it before trying to make the change. Cause it'll be jarring for them to just change jobs and roles, and have to adopt a whole new skillset in which to use in combat.

This may be based off the games, but I'm still injecting as much realism as I can wherever possible. XD

You don't need Seals. That's a mechanic for the games. Lol.

In this RP you can Class Change whenever you want, but doing so will result in a 3-Mission debuff to your stats as you get used to the new role, with the debuff getting weaker in each of the three missions one by one.

Also, before a Class Change, you have to make sure that your character shows interest in the new Class during your down time posts (like right now while we're moving from one place to another). Class Changes won't be allowed to just come out of nowhere with no interest or forewarning. So make sure your character addresses it before trying to make the change. Cause it'll be jarring for them to just change jobs and roles, and have to adopt a whole new skillset in which to use in combat.

This may be based off the games, but I'm still injecting as much realism as I can wherever possible. XD

That's good knowledge! Thank you. I myself cannot see a use out of changing classes unless I follow the joke of a buff and well constituted mage like Moulder (look at that buff dude with 9 CON as a priest and 11 CON as a sage/bishop), but I think this is a lovely mechanic that I should try to make use of if Varna kicks the bucket or I decide swords suit him better.

Krishnas Krishnas Hey, I noticed that in your post reacting to the wagon scene, you didn't refer to my character at all or include me in the mentions, when my character (Lucille) just made their entrance there before yours. It's no big deal, I just wanted to make sure that you saw my post before you went ahead with yours.

Man, this really is moving fast... hrmm...

Should I really fully join if I wont get the chance to post every few hours? Worrisome.

That is fair.

I work 12 hour night shifts, so posting is oft timrs when i can.

Ie, when i can slack off on break

Actually, abit too many folks for my liking, I think i'm gonna get out.

Ya'll have fun now, don't worry i'll see myself out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back