• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Fire Emblem: Twisting Horizons (Mechanics)

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

GojiBean

Your resident irradiated Kaiju King
Roleplay Type(s)

Please Do Not Reply To This Thread. It's For Information Purposes Only. Thanks!

Hoyo all!

Welcome to the Mechanics page!!

As it's Fire Emblem, most of this will be familiar if you've played more than one game in the franchise.

So, let's get straight into it!

Calculating Your "Relative" Strength!

This is the only real calculation you'll ever have to do in this RP.

I will provide your Level and Stats to you every time they change. So, you don't have to calculate those. Just keep them in mind as best you can for the next Mission/Chapter.

However, you will need to track your stats in relation to the enemies in each Mission. And don't worry, I'll always provide a list of enemies that are present as well as their stats so you have something to compare to.

This comparison is relative, meaning it's not set in stone as if two shots and you're dead if you don't dodge like in the games. It's all just a way to compare your strength to your enemy's in a numerical way.

For example:

Enemy

HP
Strength - 6
Magic - 0
Skill - 4
Speed - 5
Defense - 3
Resistance - 0

Your Character

HP
Strength - 7
Magic - 1
Skill - 6
Speed - 7
Defense - 4
Resistance - 2

As you can see, your character is clearly stronger than this enemy. Not by much. But by enough to have a distinct advantage in combat. Particularly in Skill and Speed which are both 2 points higher.

In the heat of actual combat in the RP's posting section, you'll be able to move more fluidly than your enemy and reliably hit them with more precision than they can hit you with. However, because the difference is minimal in the grand scheme of things, this means that this enemy would still give you a good fight and at least get you a bit winded before you finished them off.

Let's look at the other end of the spectrum for a second.

Enemy

HP
Strength - 10
Magic - 2
Skill - 8
Speed - 9
Defense - 6
Resistance - 2

Your Character

HP
Strength - 7
Magic - 1
Skill - 6
Speed - 7
Defense - 4
Resistance - 2

My, oh my how the tables have turned. This enemy is, relatively speaking, quite a bit stronger than your character as opposed to the last one. So, who has the advantage in combat?

Your enemy.

However, does this mean you're fated to lose? Not at all.

This kind of enemy would give your character a serious run for their money and likely get more good hits in on you than their weaker counterpart. You can still beat this enemy. But not only will you be winded, for certain you will be injured and either need to find a safe spot to use a Healing Item, or get the help of a Healing unit in our group such as Sei'rina.

Again, the main point is that the numbers are all relative. They're not hard and set in stone like the games where you have to do exact calculations of Str+Mt = total Attack, then subtract your enemy's defense.

That's for the games.

Just use the enemy stats as a basic relative reference for how you stack up against them. The more your stats outweigh the enemy's, the easier time you'll have fighting them.

Speaking of which...

Combat and Supports in the RP!!

You've probably been wondering how combat in the RP works, right?

Well, never fear! GojiBean is here to explain!

On every Mission, I will provide a basic scenario such as "We're outside of town and it's raining, so the ground is slippery. We have four enemy types (I will provide the Enemy Classes and their stats)."

I will have a rough number in my head (and on a personal word Document so I can keep tally and not forget) of how many enemies are in play. However, I will keep that number to myself.

Once I start the Mission you all are free to enjoy posting combat focused scenes for your character to your heart's content. You can also talk to other group members OOC and coordinate back interactions between your characters in combat so they can fight near each other, or back to back. Or you can try collaborative posting where you both work out what happens in PM's and then one of you post's the finished result of that section of the fight.

Once everyone has, collectively, taken out the number of enemies I have in my notes I will make a very obvious post to end the battle and call on everyone to regroup. I will also be tallying how many enemies each of you defeated, and how much EXP you earned. Providing your characters level up, I will send you a PM with your new Level and Stats. From there we will all go to the Down Time portion between now and the next mission where we can post simple interactions between our characters.

In a way, this can be our Support mechanic. The more our characters interact during down time at Base and in the Convoy when on the road, the stronger their bonds can grow. The stronger their bonds, the better they fight together, and the greater their morale is when in combat knowing someone they trust is nearby.

But what about the ever popular element of... Romance?

Well, that's up to you really.

Personally, I've always been a fan of romance in these kinds of games. So I'm personally open to Sei'rina finding someone special if it just so happens to work out that way. However, it needs to happen naturally for my little Shrine Maiden. If the interactions between our characters don't lead her down the path of opening her heart to your character, romance won't be happening. And no, I won't "work out" a way for your character to woo her. You'll have to figure her out all on your own.

But that's just me.

If you want to work out romance between your character and another one owned by another player then feel free to do so. I will not micromanage your romantic adventures between each other if you'd like to pursue them and decide to do so together.

Obviously if romance blooms we won't be doing the "Children" mechanic. I found that rather dumb, to be honest. But what can and will happen if you romance another character is that when the two of you are in close proximity on the battlefield you will both gain a "Lover's Warmth" buff. What's the buff? A whopping +5 to both Skill and Speed. Your lover being nearby gets your heart pumping. So you can fight with more speed and skill!

So romantic! Right?

Well, kinda. Lol!

Shapeshifters!

So, how does being a Shapeshifting class work?

If you are a Shapeshifting class, you will require the shapeshifting item of your race in order to transform.

Beast Gem for Taguel, Wolfskin, and Kitsune.

Laguz Gem for Cat, Tiger, Wolf, Hawk, Raven, and Heron Laguz.

These Gems are usually worn either as necklaces, bracelets, or some other form of jewelry that has a space large enough to fit a gem that's about the size of an American silver dollar coin in terms of diameter. That's roughly 1.5 inches, or 3.8 centimeters, in diameter.

Not insubstantial, all things considered. So find a space for it.

Once transformed, your stamina drains rapidly and you'll be forced to either get the job done fast or get as much done as possible before retreating to a safe place to rest and recover. Once you're back in your humanoid form you're more than likely out for the remainder of the battle. After all Healing Staves don't restore stamina. They heal wounds.

When in your transformed state, all stats except for HP will receive a 1.5x multiplier (founded down to the nearest whole number) just like Volug did while using his Halfshift skill in Radiant Dawn.

So, an example would look like this:

HP - 30
Strength - 12 -> 18
Magic - 1 -> 1
Skill - 12 -> 18
Speed - 16 -> 24
Defense - 7 -> 10
Resistance - 4 -> 6

And don't worry. I'll be doing all of this calculation for you and, just as I provide you your stats every time you level up, I'll also provide you your new "Transformed Stats" along with them so you know where you stand.

I've run some tests on the various bases and growth rates of a few of the various species, and they all turn out appropriately powerful without being overly broken.

In order to remain competitive, the Beorc will add their weapon's Mt to their natural Strength stat to determine roughly how strong they are in combat just as is done in the games.

Say for instance a Beorc is a Lance Unit with 15 Strength, and is using the Steel Greatlance with an Mt of 8. 15+8 is 23.

In the case of this Beorc versus the above example shifter, it would likely be a relatively even fight since the shifter is likely much faster and probably has an equal, if not greater amount of Skill.

If this were a Player vs NPC, with the Player being the Beroc, I'd expect them to allow the shifter to put up a good fight and make it a difficult victory. And the same is true of the other way around. The shifter, if it were under the Player's control, would need to make it a good fight and a difficult win. No clean and easy victories in this matchup.

Classes, Tiers, and Promotions! Oh My!!

As you will soon see, I've taken some liberties with the classes here and there. I've also taken some liberties with the stat requirements to meet them, and have intentionally made some of the more coveted Classes harder to reach for the sake of making you work for it and basking in the glory of success when it inevitably comes around! So enjoy!

Everyone will start as a Level, 1 Tier 1 Class unit. However, unlike the original Fire Emblem games where promotions were fixed to certain paths, this RP allows you to promote across Classes and weapon specialties. There are two conditions for this, however. And they are: One, that your character's stats match the "Promotion Prerequisites" (which we'll get to in a bit). Two, that your character demonstrate an interest and put in the work to train in the weapons and skills needed for the new Classes promotion.

For example, if you're a Cavalier (Sword Specific) and want to promote to a General (Lance Specific). In order to do so your character would need to have bee doing Heavy Armor training at Base, while also maintaining their horsemanship for their current Class, and their stats will have to be going the way of the General (i.e. very Strength and especially Defense focused). If your character's stats don't meet the prerequisites for a General's promotion, you won't be able to promote to that Class until you reach it.

Luckily, this RP is also giving you the chance to get as many as +2 points to any one stat of your choice while at Base through the use of Special Training. This isn't free, however. It comes with a fairly hefty monetary price tag and will also fatigue your character (aka, provide a debuff) for the Chapter (battle) that follows. After all if you're doing proper training for your own current Class and doing special training on the side, you're gonna get worn out pretty bad from all the extra work.

But hey. A slight debuff for a Chapter is a small price to pay for a permanent +2 to any one stat of your choice, yeah?

Reclassing!

Just as there was in Three Houses, all of our characters will have the option to "Reclass" at any time of their choosing during this adventure. Reclassing maintains your current Level, but shifts your growth rates and makes subtle changes to your existing stats to reflect the strengths of your new Class. When Reclassing to a Class in the same weapon category as the one you started in, the stat loss is quite minimal.

However, if you Reclass to something with a different weapon type than the one you started with (such as going from a Myrmidon (sword) to a Soldier (lance)), you will not only have a larger stat change (with heavier losses in the stats that are not inherent strengths for your new Class), but you will have a 3-Mission debuff applied to your stats as a way to simulate getting used to your new role. It will be a bit like Silence where the debuff starts off strong, and then gets weaker every turn (though in this case it's every Mission, not turn). Once the debuff goes away you will have attained enough proficiency in your new Class to continue progressing normally.

How the "Promotion Prerequisites" Work!

"Promotion Prerequisites" are exactly what they sound like. Your character needs to hit certain statistical milestones to promote to any Tier 2 Class that's listed below. The growth rates for all classes will be fairly generous. But there's still the RNG element we'll all have to contend with which may either help or hinder our efforts. But hey. If the RNG Goddess decides to hinder our growth in one direction it will be all the more satisfying when we finally reach it. Or, if we're feeling bold, we can choose another Class to promote to which our stats favor and see what comes of it as we progress.

Swords

Tier 1

* Cavalier (Sword Specific)
* Dancer
* Knight (Sword Specific)
* Lord (Sword Specific)
* Myrmidon
* Mercenary
* Ninja
* Pegasus Knight (Sword Specific)
* Ranger
* Samurai
* Thief

Tier 2

* Assassin (Skill/Speed 22+)
* Blade Lord (Str/Skill 20+)
* Falcon Knight (Sword Specific) (Speed 22+/Res 15+)
* General (Sword Specific) (Str 20+/Def 24+)
* Hero (Str/Skill 22+)
* Master Ninja (Skill/Speed 22+)
* Paladin (Sword Specific) (Skill/Speed 20+)
* Performer (Speed 25+/Res 18+)
* Rogue (Skill/Speed 22+)
* Swordmaster (Str/Speed 22+)
* Samurai Master (Str/Speed 24+)

Axes

Tier 1

* Cavalier (Axe Specific)
* Barbarian
* Brigand
* Dracoknight (Axe Specific)
* Fighter
* Knight (Axe Specific)
* Lord (Axe Specific)
* Oni Savage
* Pirate

Tier 2

* Axe Lord (Str 22+/Def 18+)
* Berserker (Strength 24+)
* Dread Fighter (Str 26+/Def 20+)
* General (Axe Specific) (Str 20+/Def 24+)
* Great Knight (Axe Specific) (Skill 25+/Def 22+)
* Hero (Str/Skill 22+)
* Knight Lord (Axe Specific) (Str 26+/Def 23+)
* Oni Chieftan (Str 22+/Def 20+)
* Paladin (Axe Specific) (Str 24+/Skill 20+)
* Warrior (Str 25+)
* Wyvern Lord (Axe Specific) (Strength 26+/Speed 20+)

Lances

Tier 1

* Cavalier (Lance Specific)
* Dancer
* Dracoknight (Lance Specific)
* Knight (Lance Specific)
* Lord (Lance Specific)
* Soldier
* Spear Fighter
* Pegasus Knight (Sword Specific)
* Recruit
* Villager (please seek my permission if you want this class as it's an oddball among the Lance units in this RP)

Tier 2

* Baron (Str 24+/Def 22+)
* Dark Knight (Str 24+/Skill 24+)
* Falcon Knight (Lance Specific) (Speed 22+/Res 15+)
* General (Lance Specific) (Str 24+/Def 26+)
* Great Lord (Lance Specific) (Str 22+/Def 24+)
* Halberdier (Str 22+/Def 24+)
* Knight Lord (Lance Specific) (Str 24+/Def 24+)
* Songstress (Skill 25+/Speed 25+)
* Wyvern Lord (Lance Specific) (Strength 24+/Speed 22+)

Bows

Tier 1

* Archer
* Arch Knight
* Bow Fighter
* Cavalier (Bow Specific)
* Horseman
* Hunter
* Outlaw

Tier 2

* Assassin (Spd 24+/Skill 26+)
* Paladin (Bow Specific) (Str 24+/Skill 26+)
* Bow Ranger (Str 23+/Skill 25+)
* Marksman (Str 24+/Skill 26+)
* Sniper (Str 20+/Skill 28+)

Magic

Tier 1

* Fire Mage
* Lightning Mage
* Wind Mage

* Light Mage
* Dark Mage

Tier 2

* Fire Sage
* Lighting Sage
* Wind Sage

* Light Sage
* Dark Sage

Staves

Tier 1

* Cleric (Female Only)
* Priest (Male Only)
* Shrine Maiden (Female Only)
* Monk (Male Only)

Tier 2

* Bishop (Male/Female) (Mag 24+/Res 25+)
* Priestess (Female Only) (Mag 26+/Res 26+)

Hybrid

Tier 2

* Dark Flier (Sword/Lance, Dark Magic[/i]) (Str 22+/Speed 25+)
* Kinshi Knight (Sword/Bow, Light Magic[/i]) (Str 22+/Speed 25+)
* Trickster (Swords, Magic) (Mag 18+/Skill 24+)
* Valkyrie (Swords, Staves) (Mag 26+/Speed 26+)
* War Cleric (Lances, Staves) (Str 20+/Mag 20+)
* War Monk (Axes, Staves) (Str 24+/Mag 18+)

Those are the classes for right now. If I've missed any of your favorites and you want to make an argument for adding them please do hit me up in the OOC thread and we can discuss it!

Items, Weapons, and Armor!

Items

* Herb (HP +5)
* Vulnerary (HP +10)
* Concoction (HP +20)
* Elixer (HP Full Restore)

* Antidote
* Antiparalytic
* Antiburn
* Panacea (Nullify All Ailments)

* Beast Gem (Taguel, Wolfskin, Kitsune Transformation Item)
* Laguz Gem (Laguz Transformation Item)

Weapons

(Mt = Might, and is a number provided purely for the purpose of giving a measure to weapon strength, or power scaling, if you will)

Swords

* Training Sword (2 Mt)
* Slim Sword (3 Mt)
* Iron Sword (4 Mt)
* Steel Sword (6 Mt)
* Silver Sword (9 Mt)

* Wind Edge (2 Mt)
* Venin Sword (3 Mt)
* Sonic Sword (4 Mt, Mag)
* Brave Sword (5 Mt)
* Rune Sword (5 Mt, Mag)
* Flame Sword (6 Mt, Mag)
* Killer Sword (7 Mt)
* Levin Sword (7 Mt, Mag)
* Tempest Blade (10 Mt, Mag)

Legendary Swords

* Amatsu (15 Mt)
* Astra (15 Mt)
* Falchion (15 Mt)
* Sol Katti (15 Mt)
* Sieglinde (16 Mt)
* Yato (16 Mt)
* Thunderbrand (17 Mt)
* Alondite (18 Mt)
* Mercurius (18 Mt)
* Ragnell (18 Mt)
* Gurgurant (20 Mt)
* Sword of the Creator (20 Mt)

Axes

* Training Axe (2 Mt)
* Club (3 Mt)
* Light Axe (3 Mt)
* Bronze Axe (4 Mt)
* Iron Club (4 Mt)
* Iron Axe (5 Mt)
* Steel Club (6 Mt)
* Steel Axe (8 Mt)
* Silver Club (10 Mt)
* Silver Axe (12 Mt)

* Venin Axe (4 Mt)
* Brave Axe (7 Mt)
* Iron Poleaxe (8 Mt, Cavalry Effective)
* Flame Axe (8 Mt, Mag)
* Killer Axe (10 Mt)
* Levin Axe (10 Mt, Mag)
* Steel Poleaxe (10 Mt, Cavalry Effective)
* Silver Poleaxe (12 Mt, Cavalry Effective)
* Devil Axe (12 Mt, drains user's life force the longer it's held)

Legendary Axes

* Helswatch (15 Mt)
* Armads (15 Mt)
* Nifl's Bite (15 Mt)
* Mjolnir (16 Mt)
* Glitnir (16 Mt)
* Hel's Reaper (17 Mt)
* Aurgelmir (18 Mt)
* Aymr (18 Mt)
* Urvan (20 Mt)
* Hauteclere (20 Mt)

Lances

* Training Lance (2 Mt)
* Slim Lance (3 Mt)
* Bronze Lance (3 Mt)
* Brass Naginata (3 Mt)
* Iron Lance (4 Mt)
* Iron Greatlance (5 Mt)
* Iron Naginata (5 Mt)
* Steel Lance (6 Mt)
* Steel Greatlance (8 Mt)
* Steel Naginata (9 Mt)
* Silver Lance (10 Mt)
* Silver Greatlance (12 Mt)
* Silver Naginata (13 Mt)

* Venin Lance (4 Mt)
* Javelin (5 Mt, Ranged Capable)
* Brave Lance ( 6Mt)
* Beast Killer (8 Mt, Beast Shifter Effective)
* Laguz Lance (8 Mt, Laguz Effective)
* Flame Lance (8 Mt, Mag)
* Spear (8 Mt)
* Killer Lance (9 Mt)
* Levin Lance (9 Mt, Mag)
* Heavy Spear (10 Mt, Armor Effective)
* Horse Slayer (10 Mt, Cavalry Effective)
* Devil Lance (12 Mt, drains user's life force the longer it's held)

Legendary Lances

* Hrimfaxi (15 Mt)
* Astra (16 Mt)
* Luna (16 Mt)
* Sol (16 Mt)
* Gae Bolg (17 Mt)
* Gungnir (17 Mt)
* Gradivus (18 Mt)
* Vidofnir (18 Mt)
* Wishblade (20 Mt)
* Lance Of Ruin (20 Mt)

Bows

* Training Bow (1 Mt)
* Light Bow (2 Mt)
* Bronze Bow (2 Mt)
* Iron Bow (3 Mt)
* Iron Longbow (4 Mt)
* Iron Yumi (4 Mt)
* Steel Bow (5 Mt)
* Steel Longbow (6 Mt)
* Steel Yumi (6 Mt)
* Silver Bow (7 Mt)
* Silver Longbow (7 Mt)
* Silver Yumi (8 Mt)

* Venin Bow (2 Mt)
* Brave Bow (4 Mt)
* Beast Bow (6 Mt, Beast Shifter Effective)
* Laguz Bow (6 Mt, Laguz Effective)
* Flame Bow (6 Mt, Mag)
* Killer Bow (7 Mt)
* Levin Bow (7 Mt, Mag)
* Piercer (8 Mt, Armor Effective) (original to this RP)

Legendary Bows

* Fujin Yumi (14 Mt)
* Thogn (15 Mt)
* Flame of Muspell (16 Mt)
* Nidhogg (16 Mt)
* Yewfelle (16 Mt)
* Parthia (18 Mt)
* Double Bow (18 Mt)

Staves

* Heal (1 Mt, +5 HP)
* Bloom Festival (1 Mt, +5 HP)
* Balmwood Staff (1 Mt, +8 HP)
* Mend (1 Mt, +10 HP)
* Sun Festival (1 Mt, +12 HP)
* Physic (1 Mt, +15 HP, long range capable)
* Catharsis (1 Mt, +18 HP)
* Recover (1 Mt, +20 HP)
* Moon Festival (1 Mt, +25 HP)
* Fortify (1 Mt, +30 HP, 360 degrees + long range capable)
* Great Festival (1 Mt, +30 HP)

Legendary Staves

* Aum's Staff (1 Mt, Restore All Ailments)
* Matrona (1 Mt, Restore All HP)
* Ashera's Staff (1 Mt, Restore All Ailments and HP)

Daggers

* Training Knife (1 Mt)
* Knife (1 Mt)
* Dagger (2 Mt)
* Iron Knife (2 Mt)
* Iron Dagger (3 Mt)
* Iron Shuriken (3 Mt, Range Capable)
* Steel Knife (4 Mt)
* Steel Dagger (4 Mt)
* Steel Shuriken (4 Mt, Range Capable)
* Silver Knife (5 Mt)
* Silver Dagger (5 Mt)
* Silver Shuriken (5 Mt, Range Capable)

* Venin Knife (2 Mt)
* Kard (4 Mt)
* Beastfoe (6 Mt, Beast Shifter Effective)
* Stiletto (6 Mt)

Legendary Daggers

* Chakram (10 Mt)
* Peshkatz (12 Mt)
* Sylgr (12 Mt)
* Baselard (14 Mt)

Magic Tomes

* Fire Tome (2 Mt)
* Elfire (4 Mt)
* Archfire (7 Mt)
* Bolganone (8 Mt)
* Cymballine (10 Mt)

* Wind Tome (2 Mt)
* Elwind (4 Mt)
* Cutting Gale (5 Mt)
* Archwind (7 Mt)
* Tornado (8 Mt)
* Blizzard (8 Mt)

* Thunder Tome (3 Mt)
* Elthunder (5 Mt)
* Thoron (6 Mt)
* Archthunder (8 Mt)
* Tornado (8 Mt)
* Bolting (10 Mt)

* LightTome (2 Mt)
* Ellight (3 Mt)
* Shine (4 Mt)
* Nosferatu (6 Mt)
* Purge (8 Mt)
* Thani (8 Mt, Armor/Cavalry Effective)
* Seraphim (10 Mt)

* Miasma (3 Mt)
* Flux (3 Mt)
* Swarm (5 Mt)
* Fenrir (5 Mt)
* Carreau (6 Mt)
* Banshee (8 Mt)
* Ruin (8 Mt)
* Mire (10 Mt)
* Goetia (10)
* Void (12)

Legendary Tomes

* Valflame (12 Mt)
* Forblaze (12 Mt)
* Ragnarok (14 Mt)
* Waste (14 Mt)
* Hades (14 Mt)
* Foreseti (15 Mt)
* Excalibur (15 Mt)
* Rexflame (16 Mt)
* Rexcalibur (16 Mt)
* Apocalypse (18 Mt)
* Rexbolt (18 Mt)
* Mjolnir (18 Mt)
* Balberith (20 Mt)
* Naglfar (20 Mt)
* Aura (20 Mt)
* Starlight (20 Mt)
* Book Of Naga (20 Mt)
* Imhullu (20 Mt)

Armor!

Armor in this RP is going to be very simple. The term "armor" refers to all of the armor your character is wearing. Aka, the "set" of armor.

Armor is typically only worn by Beorc, as shifters and Laguz rely on their bodies to fight while in their transformed state. However, if they wish to wear armor while in their humanoid form it is an option. Though ill advised as the Armor will break the moment they transform as their transformed state is much larger than their humanoid form.

So yeah, there's not a whole lot more to this!

Nice and simple!

* Leather Armor = +1 Def
* Bronze Armor = +2 Def
* Iron Armor = +3 Def
* Steel Armor = +5 Def
* Silver Armor = +7 Def

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back