• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Filming Together 1x1

Alexander woke up groggily at 12:34. 12:34! He had to be there to pick up Celeste in less than 30 minutes! He couldn't believe he slept that late! Alexander quickly brushed through his hair and put on some fresh clothes before running out of his apartment. He looked both ways, realizing he forgot his sunglasses. He would just have to make a run for it. He arrived at the nearest bus stop an got off at her street with only 3 minutes remaining. He sprinted to the door and rang the doorbell at precisely 1:00. "Victory," he said to himself under his breath.

Celeste has this inkling that Alexander is going to bail on her. What happened yesterday doesn't exactly scream: I'm still going to be interested in you. But she only sits at the table, staring at the newspaper laid out in front of her. She's doing a crossword puzzle, but that isn't working very well. Especially when the letters start arranging themselves into Alexander's name, almost as if they know exactly who she's thinking about. She's about to write a word when the doorbell suddenly rings.

She hurries to open it, pretending that she hasn't been waiting. A small smile creeps on her face when she finds Alexander on the other side. "Hey," she says. She looks at his face, at the beads of sweat forming on his forehead. Her eyebrows draw together. "Are you okay? You look like you're about to faint."

"Yeah. I'm fine," he said, trying to act cool. "So I'm here to pick you up for our date. I have the car waiting outs-" Alexander remembered that he ran over. "I mean... Would it be okay if we took the bus?"

Actually, he looks like he's dehydrated, like he's ran all the way here. Celeste narrows her eyes, but she doesn't say anything. She doesn't want to make him uncomfortable and just - ruin everything. "Yeah, I don't mind." She inserts her keys in her pocket, stepping outside. She locks the door behind her and shoots Alexander a reassuring smile. "So, you ready to go?"

"Uh, yeah," he said unsure, knowing he forgot something, but not able to pinpoint just exactly what it was. He walked down the street to the bus stop at the end and waited. The bus had just left when he was dropped off, so it probably wouldn't be here again for at least another ten minutes, so he decided to make some friendly conversation. "So how was your morning?"

"It was . . . Okay." Celeste doesn't like mornings, to be honest. Too boring. The world has just woken up. The mornings news were blaring over the television set, and the newspapers aren't much better. "It was pretty boring." She smiles. "I'm guessing you were sleeping?"

"P-p-phhhhh. What are you talking about. I was... lifting weights," said Alexander, obviously joking. "So um... did you by any chance see me on tv yesterday? I have no idea what channel it must have been on."

Lifting weights. Celeste tries to imagine that, and she ends up blushing, the image of Alexander's muscles stuck to her head. She hides that with a smirk in his direction. "I did, actually," Celeste says slyly. "So, special someone, huh?"

"G-g-guh, well, yes. I never specified who it was though. You must have some little ego assuming it was you," he said with a hammy smile while squinting his eyes and holding up a hand as to say "please don't kill me."

Celeste is actually considering it, but she cracks a smile, instead. Of course, she'd assumed that it was her, because she was hoping - rather desperately that his feelings were also real - but if it weren't her, then that's okay, too. They're only together for business, nothing more than that. If Celeste wants to have a boyfriend, she can. Alexander isn't the only guy in the world. She just wishes that it were that easy. "Jerk," she finally says, her tone playful. She punches him lightly on the shoulder, trying for a laugh.

Alexander laughed and put his hands up. "Okay, fine! You caught me! You're the only girl I've thought about in the past day." After Alexander spoke, he realized how awful what he said came out sounding. "Wait! No! It's not like that! I'm not a player! I promise!"

Right now, she's not sure what to think. She hasn't heard any rumours about Alexander going out with anyone else. She doubts he even goes on dates, just for the heck of it. But . . . Alexander is a celebrity, and she's worked enough with a lot of them to know that relationships don't last long. Celeste pouts playfully, smacking his arm. "Sometimes, I don't know what to think of you." She narrows her eyes. "Do you like me or not?"

Alexander jumped a little in surprise as she asked such a straight forward type of question. He respected that characteristic, but he had to admit that it caught him a little of guard. "Oh course I like you. Why else would I ask you out on a date? I just joke around a lot. More than I probably should. Half the things I say aren't meant to be taken seriously. I'll watch my tongue a little more from now on, okay."

"No!" Celeste immediately says, and she catches herself in time. She wants to stapler her mouth together, so that she won't have another outburst. "No . . . I like that about you." She lowers her gaze. She can't believe she's actually acting shy. "I like that you say whatever's on your mind. It's really cute . . ." She covers her neck with her palm, glancing at the other direction.

Alexander smiled. "You don't have to look away. I find it cute when you're not trying to be all flirtatious." Alexander placeed a tender hand on her cheek. "Is that a blush I see?"

Celeste's cheeks puff in defiance. The blush only grows stronger, crawling to the sides of her neck. "W-Whatever," she stutters out. She's usually used to being in control. Now that she's not, she finds herself on the edge of her seat - but in a good way.

Alexander removed his hand and laughed. "I'm sorry, I'll stop bugging you now," he said with a devious smile. He started twiddling his thumbs together. "So, about that special someone remark, would you like to make it more than that?"

Celeste snaps her head at the question. Would she? Does Alexander even have to ask? It's obvious that she's feeling something for him, that the butterflies floating in her stomach are making her knees wobble. And it's all because of him. "Yeah," she says softly. "I would like that."

Alexander thought for a moment not exactly sure how to go about this. He knew some part of him, he wasn't quite sure yet how big or small, but that some part definately did have feelings for her. He would like to make it official since she was a really pretty girl and he didn't want some random guy stealing his girl. "Then, would you like to be my girlfriend?" he asked awkwardly.

I'm so sorry I took so long to answer! I've been really busy with school and Christmas and stuff! I hope you still want to write! :)

Celeste almost laughs at how awkward he is. She peers up at him curiously, fiddling with her fingers. "I do have a question, though," she says. And then, her gaze turns cold, her eyes steely. "Do you really want to be with me, or is this just a joke?" Celeste may be a flirt, but that doesn't mean that she's not tired of dating guys who don't even genuinely care for her. This time, she wants a real relationship - with him. She realises just how mean she sounds and immediately blushes. "I-I mean . . ." She ducks her head. "I just don't want to get hurt, I guess . . ."

(Yeah, no problem! And I do :) )

Last edited by a moderator:
Andrew stuttered for a little bit as what small of an ego he had just broke. He didn't really consider the possibility that she might not say yes. "Well, Celeste, I'm not going to lie to you," he said, knowing it would be a mistake to start any kind of a relationship out with lies, "but I'm not really sure how I feel yet. Girls are always hitting on me and it makes me feel, well, proud. Something feels different with you, but more than anything I'm just confused. I understand not wanting to get hurt, but I promise I will do everything I can to always put your emotions as my number one. I would be really honored if you would give me a chance."

Celeste blinks out the surprise from her face. She looks at Alexander with a smile. She takes his hand in hers and laces their fingers together. She's never met a guy like him before, that's for sure. They're both still confused about their feelings, but if Celeste gives him a chance . . . She just knows that it's worth it. "Okay," she says softly. "I guess you're my boyfriend now."

"Whew! That was a relief!" said Alexander comically, wiping his brow with his free hand. He looked down at their intertwined hands and asked a question that he was almost scared to now the answer to due to some of her previous comments. "So, have you done anything like this before? Been in a serious relationship?" he asked.

"Unfortunately," she answers. "I've been in a lot of relationships." She realises what she just said and blushes. "I mean, not like a lot. But most of them were pretty dumb, you know?" Dumbs because she got hurt, she was cheated, she was lied to. Not exactly the kind of memory she wants to think about when her new boyfriend is right there beside her.

"Oh yeah, I guess that makes sense. This is actually my first one, I mean unless you count Jennifer Pickens from the third grade who only dated me to take my juice boxes," he said, trying to lighten the mood, not wanting to think about how inexperienced he must have seemed compared to her other boyfriends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back