File Island

AMY WARREN
...Showtime...
The sound of growls and high pitched squeals caught Amy's and she sat up suddenly from where she had been relaxing.

"What the hell was that?!" she snapped, standing up as Hopman, well, hopped in agitation next her.

"The village is under attack! It's that jerk Ogremon trying to get back at Leomon!" The little digimon explained furiously, between his heightened state and the furious up and down motion his hopping generated it was rather difficult to understand him but Amy understood the gist of the situation. Back home it wasn't that uncommon for street kids to settle a grudge by getting their mates together and ambushing their enemy. Amy wasn't all that surprised to find out that digimon pulled the same crap but going after the squishy little babies was inexcusable in her books.

Amy's gaze settled on a nearby group of three goblimon who between them had managed to corner a group of baby digimon and her expression hardened.

"Wait here," she said bluntly to Hopmon, striding purposely towards the goblimon as one picked up a baby and pretended to eat the protesting creature while its compatriots cackled maliciously.

"Hey wait you can't leave me behind!" protested Hopmon, struggling to match pace with her. "This is MY village if anyone's gonna send these losers packing it's gonna be me!"

"Talk to me when you're above my ankles kid," Amy replied, without breaking her stride. "They'll just step on you. Now go find somewhere safe to hide, round up any of your little mates you see on the way,"

"Are you even listening to me!" demanded Hopmon furiously. "No way in hell am I gonna go hide while you steal all the glory with your dumb hand and stupid long le-"

Hopmon's tirade was cut off as Amy snatched him out of the air with one hand, taking off her hat with the other. "I was hoping not to have to do this," she said calmly, stuffing the roughly head sized digimon into the hat and turning around. "But it looks like I don't really have a choice," In one smooth motion Amy cocked her hand and then hurled the hat containing Hopmon towards the little river flowing alongside the village.

The digimon flew through the air, cursing angrily all the way and landed with a small splash. With the hat acting as a little raft, Hopmon floated helplessly away, out of the village where Amy was reasonably certain he wouldn't get himself killed. With that little issue resolved Amy turned her attention back to the village.

---

"HMM SHOULD ME EATS? OR NOT EATS?" This question, posed by a particularly brutish goblimon as it dangled a baby digimon over its mouth, drew guffaws from its friends and a bout of panicked squealing from the captive. The goblimon moved the baby towards its mouth, then away in turn, as if it was having trouble deciding. "ON ONE HAND ME NOT WANT TO RUIN APPETITE FOR DINNER," said the Goblimon, displaying commendable foresight as it moved the baby away from its mouth. "ON OTHER HAND, DIS SURE LOOK TASTY" it continued, moving the baby back towards its mouth. HEY WAT YOO GUYS THINK?" It said, addressing its compatriots.

"Eat this!" Suggested a voice from behind the Goblimon and an instant later something solid smashed into its head, sending it crumpling to the ground as the baby sprang free from its grasp and hopped over to to join its friends. Amy stood over the goblimon's sprawled form, massaging her fist and glaring viciously at the other Goblimon. "How bout it? You guys hungry as well?" she asked.

The two remaining goblimon backed up a pace and for a moment Amy though her plan of intimidating them had succeeded, then an angry glowing light began to form in their mouths before erupting out as small fireballs that sped towards Amy. Shocked, Amy barely managing to escape by hurling backwards, landing rather unthreateningly on her butt.

"Alright," she said, scrabbling to her feet and brushing herself off as the Goblimon closed in. "I gotta give it to you that was actually pretty cool. Guess I'd better get serious too," Amy adopted a loose fighting stance and the goblimon tensed, waiting for her next move.

Which was to vault through an open window and leg it out the door. It was a shortcut Hopmon had taken during their earlier chase, though Amy hadn't really expected to have to make use of it herself. Still this seemed like the best option, the baby digimon had quietly fled while she distracted the goblimon and she didn't really like her odds against three fire breathing monsters.

A chorus of angry shouting alerted Amy to the fact that her pursuers weren't far behind. Hoping to lead them on without getting close enough to get hit by one of those fireballs, Amy ducked around buildings, down alleyways and generally lead them through as convoluted a chase as possible. It was going well until Amy sprinted around a corner and ran straight into a pair of goblimon. Hastily Amy turned around only to see the original three Goblimon come up behind her, cutting off any route of escape.

"...Shit," Amy muttered, putting up her fists for real this time, it didn't look good but maybe she could quickly smack one and slip past the-

Suddenly there was a flash of light from behind the three goblimon and a familiar voice cried out.

"Hopmon digivolve to MONODRAMON!"

Amy's brow furrowed in disbelief as she tried to parse exactly what she was looking at.

"What. The. He-"

HOPMON (TEN MINUTES EARLIER)
...Hey Don't forget about me!..
"EEEEEEELLLLLLLLL!" Hopmon screamed as he sailed through the air in Amy's hat, propelled by her impressive throw. Before he had time to say anything else he hit the water, splashing into the river and surfacing a moment later coughing and spluttering. "ARGGH WHERE DOES THAT DUMB HUMAN GET OFF!" Hopmon fumed between coughs. Seriously who cared if she was bigger then him? It wasn't fair to hog all the glory and anyway, did she really think she could take on all those Goblimon alone? She didn't have any claws, or much in the way of teeth, wasn't she just gonna get beat up?

The thought of that weird human his rival losing to some dumb goblimon pissed Hopmon off to know end. No way was he just gonna float here while that happened. A rough plan began to develop in Hopmon's head and, grumbling the hwole time he took a mouthful of hat between his teeth and then rolled over, capsizing his little raft. There was a small air pocket trapped between Hopmon and the the hat so it floated quite well, allowing the little digimon to focus on paddling back to shore.

Finally, the black and red cap made it back to dry land, Hopmon concealed underneath it. He didn't really have time to worry about getting out from under it so he just left it and continued on. Nobody else took any notice due to all the chaos going on in the village but if they had they would have seen a rather strange sight. A stylish, black and red cap shuffling along the ground, seemingly of it's own accord, occasionally muttering things like.

"Why does everybody have to walk so fast just cause they've got legs?" Or

"How dare she leave me behind!? Cause I'm short!? So what? I bet when I grow up I'll be way taller then her then she'll be the one who has to catch up!"

And so in that fashion Amy's hat, with Hopmon underneath it, traveled a good distance, following the tracks they left behind until he finally caught up just in time to see Amy be surrounded. Just like he'd figured, his rival had got herself in way above his head. All those Goblimon were leering at her, just cause there were more of them! That didn't sit right with Hopmon, he had to do something even if they were bigger than him! With determination the little digimon started hopping towards a goblimon, planning to bite down on his toes.

That's when he felt it. Power? But also something else, a feeling or an emotion. It felt hot and angry, it felt like the burning desire to do something, to stand up no matter what. For some reasons Hopmon knew the feeling was coming from his rival, his partner. Hopmon felt that power course through his body as he changed, grew. There was a flash of light and cry came unbidden to his lips.

"Hopmon digivolve to MONODRAMON!"

Were Hopmon stood previously there was now a small, purple creature, rather dragonish in appearance with small, wing like protrusions on its arms and a small horn pointing backwards on its head. Admittedly the horn was somewhat obscured, somehow Amy's hat had managed to cling to Monodramon throughout his transformation and it was now perched backwards on his head, giving him a rather thuggish appearance.

"What the Hell?" This was Amy, staring open-mouthed at the small dragon, wearing a hat, her hat!

"I told you right?"
Monodramon grinned at his rival "this is MY village. If anyone's gonna send those losers packing it's gonna be me!"

At that moment the goblimon turned around, losing interest in Amy as they figured out how to deal with this new threat. Monodramon didn't give them a chance to plan, wihtout losing his cocky grin he lauched forward, power gathering in his claws.

"Beat Knuckle!" he cried, his claws colliding solidly with the nearest goblimon and sending it flying into a nearby wall.

Otonashi Keiran and Puka "Don't Call Me Puka" Pukamon

Despite the fact a nagging voice in the back of his head reminded him that he should be trying to dry off, Otonashi had somehow found it irresistible to return to swinging his ankles in the clear froth of the pool. By Otonashi logic, he was already wet, so rather than make the tedious trek back through the Village of Beginnings to hunt down the foreigners, it only made sense to enjoy the quietude of the stream. Besides, with all those rambunctious little Digimon running around, all it would take was one to catch him unawares and...well, the uniform that was his pride and joy would be one dirt-smattering closer to the garbage bin.

Besides, his new friend seemed much more content to float than slither across the dry land. The way Puka bobbed up and down so peacefully really made Otonashi wish he had learned how to swim. Not that it was really his fault he hadn't. There weren't many options in the concrete jungle, and even if there had been, there hadn't ever been anyone to take an interest in teaching him. Maybe he could get Pukamon to...if he only could get him to stop prattling. The dinosaur-like critter had wasted no time in bombarding the boy with all manner of questions about himself and human life, but somewhere along the way he had gotten sidetracked and was now on a particularly verbose tangent about the properties of tree roots.

Thirty seconds in and Otonashi had already long zoned out. Maybe having a Japanese-speaking digipal wasn't all that it was cracked up to be. Besides, Puka seemed to prefer English for the most part, only lapsing into the more comfortable language at random. Well, it sure wasn't the worst thing to get some English practice in if he was planning to return to school-- Yikes. No time to think about
that while playing this crazy game.

Instead, Otonashi found himself curiously examining this "fated" partner of his. The fact that Puka had no ears and a sort of toothy, self-satisfied grin reminded him of a grey tabby that used to prowl around the nearby park. Most of the street cats bragged battle scars, which was one of the things Otonashi liked most about them, along with the fact that they walked to the beat of their own drum- but the fact that this one had lost both of its ears had made it especially cool in the youngster's eyes. If only he could get along with humans the way he did with felines, he'd never want for friends. He had wanted a cat, though. But even if his apartment had allowed pets, such a thing was impossible.

So he had merely contented himself to sneaking out treats for the local strays when he could. Which wasn't often, but still, he tried his best.
I wonder what Pukamons eat...

プカモンが何を食べるかしら。。。
Pukamon ga nani wo taberu kashira...

"Otonashi Keiran, aren't you going to answer me?"
"Huh? What? Oh...uhm.........yes?"
"Yes? Yes!? You think that soil runoff is less of a threat than overbreeding! Well let me tell you--"
"Hey, wait. Did you hear that?"

From somewhere down the stream there had come an elongated cry, followed by a weighty splash, as if a very heavy object (or a loudly protesting Digimon) had been tossed in. In fact, there seemed to be several screams shredding the peace of the sunny afternoon.

Which could only mean one thing...

Level 2 had begun.

"Oh my. It sounds as if trouble is afoot."

With a bright grin Otonashi slammed his fist into his palm. "Great! It's about time this thing was fun."

Shedding off the river's water, he began to set off in the direction of the noise. Puka immediately followed suit, struggling to keep up with his eager partner as his movements on land were much more awkward than his sleek aquatics. However, through sheer tenacity, he managed to whip himself in front, throwing up shining flippers in protest.

"Otonashi Keiran, wait! We're probably safe here on the village outskirts. These kind of attacks happen semi-frequently. It's wisest to lay low and let Leomon and Wizarmon take care of it."

Otonashi grimaced. "What!? That's the exact opposite of what we should do. Look, I may be pretty worthless, but I've been in plenty of fights. Trust me." With the utmost ease he sidestepped the creature, quickening his stride.

"Otonashi Keiran! Waaait!!!"

In what could only be a move of desperation, Puka slammed himself into Otonashi's legs, sending the human sprawling into the grass and Ayumu's much-beleaguered phone flying from his pocket.

"Ow! Wh-Why...?"

"イタ!! な-なぜ。。。?"

"Ita! Na-Naze...?"
"It is much too dangerous!"

"それは危なすぎますよ!As your partner, I can't allow you to unnecessarily risk your life! We need to gather data before we--"
"Sore wa abunasugimasuyo!"

"Gather data!!?? How is that gonna help? Don't be such a worrywart. I can handle myself. And even if I can't...well, it's not like it's really a problem....."
"You're my partner now, Otonashi Keiran! Of course it's a problem!!"
"What's more of a problem is the way you keep calling me by my full name, Puka. It's kinda creepy."
"Then don't call me 'Puka'!"

With the two of them continuing to argue, they completely failed to notice the eventual advance of what could only be described as twin stocky, green-skinned goblins. The pair of Goblimon, apparently on the lazier side of their warmongering brethren, had decided to take a nice stroll away from the action, munching on some of the fresh fruit growing alongside the riverbank. Sun high in the sky, plush terrain beneath their feet, and food ripe for the picking...all they could chatter about was how these baby Digimon didn't know how good they had it, and probably deserved the destruction that was coming their way.

However, unlike the odd couple on the ground, the Goblimons started at the sound of shouts, freezing at the bizarre sight before them...

A near-to-tears Pukamon had desperately wrapped his flippers around the thrashing legs of an equally desparate Otonashi who was doing his best to claw his way through the weeds to the village. The both of them, still soaking wet, were now covered in grass and dirt stains. So much for that precious, expensive uniform...

"Hmm...that long one is a very strange Digimon."
"And Pukamon aren't usually seen this far from the ocean."
"Ogremon would be proud of us if we could bring them in!"
"Yeah, and maybe he'd finally forgive us for ditching practice..."
"Alright! Prepare for trouble, you two!"

The Goblimons threw away the remains of their snack, pulling out their clubs and a wide rope net to look as threatening as possible.

However, the Pukamon and its strange companion were far from taking any notice...

"Why do you feel like you have to protect me!? If I'm playing a game, the point is to have fun! Ever hear of that!?"
"Game? You think fighting for your life is a game!? Battle is a very serious issue!"
"The only thing serious is what a serious pain you're being! Lemme go! It's been weeks since I was last beaten up!"
"No! Not until we know what we're dealing with and can formulate a plan! These are the basics of logic!! I'm severely worried for your mental state!"

The Goblimons looked at each other, more than a little offended.

"I said, PREPARE FOR TROUBLE, YOU TWO!!"

Well, that caught their attention.

In perfect unison Otonashi and Pukamon whipped around.
"What do you want!?" Then, blinking with recognition, their minds finally became one. Leaping into position, Otonashi instinctively stepped defensively before a shocked and cowering Puka, making no effort to hide his sizing of these new opponents up and down.

"So, you're this level's boss. Hmm...pretty ugly, even by my standards. But if you plan on playing with those bats and rope I'm mooore than game~"
"Who you calling ugly!?"
"Look in the mirror, you'll figure it out~"
"Otonashi Keiran, be caref--"

But Pukamon's warning came too late, as the bigger of the creatures was already stepping in, raising its nail-adorned club to strike at the human's head.

Otonashi couldn't wait.

However, luck was, as usual, not on his side. The monster's advanced apparently triggered something, causing a glow and strange voice to emanate from where Ayumu's phone had landed in the grass. All froze as they stared at the mysterious third party.

Goblimon: A troublesome Digimon in the form of a small oni that love evilness. With a nature that has no courage and a lot of slyness, it never acts alone. This Digimon’s club isn’t its only form of attack. Watch out for fireballs that explode on impact and the large stones it can summon and throw.

"Huh. So the iPhone7 has that kind of capability..."

But before either partner could figure out what to make of the new information, the now extremely agitated Gobliomons decided that enough was enough.

"I've had about as much as I can take!"

The sharp sound of a whoosh shorn the air as the club at last came thundering down.

Last edited:

Ren Lawless and Nyaromon
Cat?Danger? What is pain?
a762c87b35cd489ac2a3ef14e9eb574e.jpg
[color= white]
Ren quickly dispersed from the others to look at the... odd... squishy ball... digimon bouncing around. How did a blob with no arms or legs become some great big lion thing like Leomon? He had so many questions but no answers seemed to be being provided. He would've liked if one thing would provide him an answer, or perhaps a pair of actual pants. Answers were preferable, but he really would've liked to wear something other than the dress he was in. For the first time since he appeared in this strange universe, an emotion other than confusion crossed his face: irritation. He ran his hand through his hair, pulling a few tangles out with his fingers. It was just so damned annoying that nothing in the entire damn universe seemed to be able to explain what the actual fuck was going on.

He stopped when he heard a yowl under his foot and staggered back to see a unfortonate small... squishy... cat... blob... thing digimon whose tail had just so happened to be in the path that he was walking. In his staggering he lost his footing, and fell flat on his ass. [color= yellow]"Serves ya right! Wait, are ya okay? That looked like it woulda hurt,"[/color] the blob squeaked up at him as it bounced over to him. It was sort of cute, he supposed. Looked like it would've rolled directly off of a cliff if it was on the edge of one.

tumblr_o3ht99U4zI1r4jf9no1_250.png
[color= blue]"Oh, uhm, yeah, I'm fine. Are you okay... Uhm... What's your name? I kind of stepped on your tail there,"
Ren asked the Digimon, whom had taken it upon itself to bounce up onto his lap. Hesitantly, he reached over toward the top of the cat blob's... head... and rubbed between it's ears. It didn't purr like he was expecting it to, but it did seem to enjoy the pets.

[color= yellow]"I'm Nyaromon! And I'm fine, my tail hardly hurts anymore! What kinda digimon are ya? Don't think I've ever seen one like ya,"[/color] Nyaromon replied, rubbing it's head up against Ren's hand. Well, the small digimon didn't seem half bad, Ren supposed. It wasn't trying to bite his nose off for stepping on it's tail, and was talking to him. Seemed decent in his book. Suddenly, he felt like he had some really low standards if this was what made him thing someone was a decent person... digimon.
latest
[color= blue]"I'm not a digimon. I'm human, my name is Ren,"[/color] Nyaromon suddenly stopped rubbing against his hand to shoot him a confused look. What did this person mean 'hu-mon'? It had never heard of that kind of digimon. Then again, it also wasn't all that old, so maybe hu-mon was foreign digimon. What confused it even more was the fact that the hu-mon had a specific name for itself. That was weird. [color= yellow]"What kind of digimon is a hu-mon?"[/color]

Ren didn't get a chance to respond to this because, suddenly, a whole lot of small, green, violent digimon burst into the village. What kind of anime timing was that? How many times was he going to face his inevitable demise in one day? He scrambled to his feet, scooping up Nyaromon in his arms. The green digimon seemed to be... taking the baby squishy blob digimon? Fuck, fuck, fuck! He might have felt like he was in danger, but Nyaromon was trembling against him and seemed about ready to cry. He wasn't the best with emotions, but he wasn't heartless enough to leave babies to the wrath of the goblin...mons? yeah, he'd go with Goblinmon until he knew a better name for them.

He started to go toward a couple other baby digimon when he heard something shout [color= green]"Hey! Lookit her! Get her!"[/color] A single glance over his shoulder confirmed the worst for Ren; there were a group of three Goblinmon running toward him. [color= blue]"Fuck! I..."[/color] Would have died if he tried to save the little baby digimon. Clutching Nyaromon closer to his chest, he started running as fast as he could from the Goblinmon.
[/color]
[/color]
[color= white][/color]
[color= white][/color]
[color= white][/color]

Heinrich
The chaos surrounding the man resounded through the air, battle was being raged all across the village. Fires were blazing, fireballs were being thrown/spat, baby digimon were crying, and all heinrich could think of in the moments as the peace was broken was.

"Can't we go five minutes without another problem?"

"Doesn't seem *Num num num* So! Come on we gotta hurry up and go!" the little digimon urged the man who's palm she rested in, as she chewed on her cookie, to run away from the spot of which he sat.

"Hmm... True... The others are quite.... helpless... if I don't do something they will most certainly find themselves dead.."
"Eh? What!? you can't be serious. What're you gona do? Kick the Goblimon's butts? they'll burn yea alive!"
"Can't leave all the work to the kittyman..."
"Kittyman? You mean leomon?"
"Yes, that."

Heinrich replied gruffly, standing up and dusting off his apron, hoping the fact it was flame retardant should prove some worth with all that was going on. No sooner did he begin to stand up, he noticed the strange device he had on him when he woke up started to... well.. make noise and be shine to life. As any good handheld machine should. "Hmmph." he grunted once more, before glancing up towards one of the ne'erdowell digimon skulking behind a nearby wall, not noticing Heinrich or his little friend.

"Hey.. mister you're not thinking of... Come on! We gotta go!" the little digimon spoke in a hushed whisper. "..Stay inside..." he plopped the little seed-like being in his pocket once more before sneaking up towards the goblimon. Just how strong were these things? Could it be taken down with one punch? he couldn't say he was a martial artist, but he was strong, that could carry him through this, right?

Plucking up a thick stick from nearby and approaching the snickering goblimon he reeled the armament up high.. and then attempted to bring it down upon the digimon's head!

Only for the stick to crack in two upon impact of the creature's skull.

"...Shit..."

With the speed of a man possessed the man began to run, run like a fool who.. Just hit an impossible creature on the back of the head with a rotting stick. Sure enough, the goblimon, with a new big welt on his head, pursued in quite a fit of rage.

"What made you think that'd be a good idea!?"
"It was the closest thing."
"Jeeze aren't you smart, yea sure pick up a stupid stick and not a rock or something."
"Language."
-One fireball flies over head-
"This is not the time to worry about that!"
-Another fireball flies and explodes nearby-
"There is not time that a child should be cursing. Now apologize for your behavior."

the duo leap a nearby fallen tree for cover, the man in a frilly pink apron laying down against the tree to hide from the fiery bombardment. "Hrmm.. this is a problem.." heinrich stated, as the small seed-like digimon plopped out of his pocket. "You think!? We're gonna get roasted if we don't do something!" "Ah, now you wish to help?" "BECAUSE WE'RE BACKED INTO A CORNER!" "How courageous of you, to fight only when forced to." "Shut up you!" the seed-like digimon yelled, as the Goblimon drew closer.

"Language... Now.. I'm going to go take this thing down.. You stay here."
"Oh and that went so well last time!!"
"Do you have a better plan?"
"Umm... uhh...."
"..."
"..Runaway?"

The silence from the man was palpable, but quickly interrupted by A fireball exploding nearby, showering the two in a array of sparks and cinders. "..I'm going." Heinrich stood up once more to rush up and fight the incoming digimon.. Only to get a rock clean on his head, knocking him back on his ass.

"AH!! big guy!!" screamed the little digimon whose name still escapes the narrator. "Ah! What do I do what do I do!?!" she shouted, frantically searching for a way to escape.. But only for the Goblimon to finally be upon them! Club raised high and standing upon the fallen tree, it aimed to crush the strange looking digimon below it!

But not before the wonderful powers of Deus Ex Machina appeared!

Transforming the adorable little seed-like digimon whose name still escapes the narrator as he vehemently neglects to check the gods damned wiki, digivolved into....

LALAMON!

Just in time to unleash a devastating, and.. seemingly endless... stream of nuts upon the goblimon, raising high into the air with the endless pelleting of nuts upon it's body, until the constant stream finally relented, dropping the thing to the ground in a rather bludgeoned and pained heap of limbs.

The now freshly changed digimon, now free of any current pursuers, began to drag Heinrich away to find help. All while freely uttering whatever curse it finds relevant at the time.

After a solid 15 minutes of Jupiter cursing, shooing, and venting to the little horned creature in a mixture of French and English, it still remained. She had even tried to kick it away with a bare foot, only for it to bounce just out of her reach. All the while, it continued to quietly observe her with those stunning red eyes. Jupiter had to hand it to the creature, it had a lot of patience... or maybe it was just stupid. Probably the latter. Now she could see why her father had never allowed her to have a pet. They were dull, mindless creatures.

She gave an annoyed hiss, throwing her hands in the air. "Fine, you win. I'm going... don't follow after me." Her voice was a little hoarse after all the screaming and shouting she had done. Unsurprisingly, the horned fuzzball followed after her. At this point she didn't even care, she was too busy stressing over the ungodly state of her feet. Tears stung in the corners of her eyes as she imagined all the filth that would be under her freshly manicured toe-nails. "Eck! 'Sacre bleu! I'm absolutely disgusting!" she whined, wishing she hadn’t thrown her shoe back in the jungle. "This is the worst day of my life..."

Jupiter was walking back into the village when it suddenly occurred to her that she couldn't see any of the little fluffballs anywhere. This wasn't an ambush for another chase was it? Then she smelt the smoke, now collecting in billowing clouds above the huts. Fire. She listened, and what she had thought was bird calls began to sound more like terrified squeaks and chirps.

"What's going on?" she muttered, her voice cracking a bit. Was it that lion again?

Her suspicions were put to rest when she rounded the corner to find two little green digimon laughing over something. Jupiter never thought she would be glad to see one of the little beasties. She opened her mouth with the intent to demand an explanation of the current situation when one of them conjured a ball of flame in its hand and lobbed it towards the nearest building.

In perfect timing, the horned digimon that had been following her bounced away to disappear between a grouping of houses, leaving Jupiter alone.

“Where are you going?” Jupiter hissed after it, her voice hushed for once and laced with concern. The creature did not return.

'What do I do? What do I do?'
she thought frantically. The green monsters still had their back to her, if she was quiet enough maybe she could get away without their notice? She chewed on her lip and crept around one of the huts, slowly at first before starting into a half-jog once she was far enough. All she could think of was getting out of here, but where would she go? The jungle? Follow the river? The Rayvn girl said that villages or something where usually located near the river… so maybe there would be another?

She was so busy looking over her shoulder that she unintentionally bowled over one of the goblin creatures as she rounded a corner. Jupiter tripped over the short digimon and let out a surprised ‘eep’ while she fell forward. Tiny rocks dug into her palms as she threw them under her to catch herself. The collision had caused the goblin to drop the hoard of items it was carrying, scattering plundered food, eggs, and shiny valuables onto the dirt path.

The green digimon recovered faster than the human and got to its feet with a series of grumbles, clearly distressed at dropping its stuff. “Oi, watch et!” it said, before stopping itself in realizing that Jupiter was not another Goblinmon.

Jupiter had sat up by that time and both parties took a minute to register the peculiarity of the other. Now that she was up close, Jupiter could see the misshapen features of the goblinmon’s face. With a squashed in nose, wormy lips and two uneven tusks it was not a looker to begin with, but combined with the hack-job of makeup it was enough to win an ugly competition. Lipstick was smeared all over its lower jaw and lips, with a generous amount of blush and eyeshadow to match. Really, it looked like some washed up clown. Jupiter wanted to laugh, until she noticed what the creature was holding. Grasped in its grubby hand was a familiar white purse. Her purse, carrying her makeup.

“Hey! That’s my purse!” she shouted, shooting back onto her feet

The creature gave a surprised gasp and turned to make a getaway while crying, “It MINE!”. Jupiter managed to grab the purse’s strap just before it got out of reach and pulled the creature back.

“Vouleur!” she screeched, the creature now tugging back with surprising strength. “Get your filthy paws off of my purse!”

As the struggle for dominance continued something inside of the purse began buzzing frantically, like a phone receiving countless notifications after being disconnected for some time. Inside there was what sounded like a muffled voice that was cut off by itself every now and then. Jupiter was hardly paying any attention to it -- as most people would while having a tug of war with a goblin over a purse -- but there were a few words she could piece together.

Trainer Jupiter Bourgeois and digimon... - Tsunomon regis.. - Goblimon: A troublesome digimon in the form of a small oni that love.... - Gabumon registered.

Naturally, the noise drew the attention of other goblins who gathered around the scene just as Jupiter pried her purse away from her combatant. The rush of victory she felt soon faded when she realized there were others around her.

“What going on?” one of the newcomers asked.
“Pink-thing stole my loots!” the thief sputtered in response, almost in a hurt manner.
Jupiter clutched the white Valentino bag to her chest. She could feel her heart pounding.“This is my bag! I bought it myself! H-he stole it from-!"
"Stahp it." The questioner cut off Jupiter and rubbed its temples. "You makin my head hurt. Bag doesn't matter. Boss said get da shiney loots, roight, and pink-thing's got the loots. So we take the loots from the pink-thing." Jupiter flinched at the words, remembering the diamond studded earrings, necklace and bracelet she was currently wearing. She backed away as they readied clubs, rocks, or fireballs in preparation to an attack. Jupiter dropped her bag, spilling out what little contents remained in it.

Before any blow could be dealt there was a blur of blue followed by a cloud of disturbed dust. Standing between she and the goblins was an unfamiliar creature. What looked like white fur striped in blue covered its back while It crouched down low to the ground on four limbs and growled menacingly, allowing Jupiter to spot a yellow tail lashing from beneath the fur.

"Garurumon!" she heard some of the goblins shout before fleeing, crawling over each other in an attempt to get away.

Once the goblins had been made scarce, the striped creature rose onto it's hind legs in a hunched over position that reminded the posh french girl of a bear. Or at least, the bears she had seen in a circus the one time her father had let her go. The creature slowly began to turn towards Jupiter, and as it rotated she could make out a single horn from behind its raised hackles. "You can have it just don't hurt me! Please!" she stammered.Somehow the creature reminded her of something, but she couldn't quite place it. Then she saw the red eyes. Could it be?

“You… you’re…” she began in a perplexed manner only to have it quickly turn into anger. “You left me! Why did you leave me alone with those... monsters! I almost died because of you!”

The creature regarded her with a blank expression before getting bored and rooting through the dropped plunder. It reached out with a clawed hand to grab a bushel of berries before cramming it into its mouth. It seemed oblivious to Jupiter's bickering, which only served to irritate the french girl further. "Don't you dare ignore me! You need to escort me away from this village! I demand it!" she said sternly. The creature turned its head at that, giving Jupiter a flicker of hope, before it bashed it completely by giving a yawn, curling up and promptly taking a nap in the middle of the flaming village.

"YOU STUPID ANIMAL!" she shouted, balling her hands into a fist.

≈Lukanis Williams≈

When Leomon went off on patrol, Luka looked to each member of the group. For the majority of the trip towards the village, and after their arrival, he had chosen to keep to himself. He knew he'd probably given everyone a bad impression of himself when he'd reacted to the Jupiter girl, and it was still bugging him. He didn't mean to act harshly to anyone, but she'd been nothing but a snob. Seeing her get chased away by a bunch of the little Digimon creatures had made him smirk with suppressed chuckles, but it looked like everyone else was going off to do their own thing.

So he decided to do the same.

He wandered about for a bit, avoiding the various Digimon as well as the other humans in the area. Finally he stopped and sat under a lone tree that stood off by itself, glancing up at the fruit hanging in the tree with curious eyes. He was getting to be a bit hungry, and he didn't have anything with him. Nothing except...

Luka looked down at his hand, clutching the strange device. Plain gray plastic and metal greeted him, and he hummed as he looked it over. Why did he have this? Everyone in the group had one, but why? Was this connected to them all being brought here? It just bugged him.

"Could this be the key to getting home?"

He wasn't sure why the thought had struck him, but his eyes widened as he muttered the idea aloud. If this device was somehow tied to them all being here, then maybe it could provide the way to get home. But... How to make it work? He hadn't seen anyone else's device work yet, and his wasn't doing anything either. He'd tried the buttons, every single one, and nothing worked. What more could he do? He wasn't a tech guy; he only played games, he didn't build gadgets.

Sighing, he tucked the device back into his pocket and stood up. He looked up and hummed, eyes locked on one of the apple-like fruits in the tree. He turned and jumped, grabbing the lowest branch he could, and started to climb, going slowly upwards. The fruit around here had to at least be edible, or else Leomon would've probably at least blocked the tree off, if not cut it down–can't exactly have toxic fruit around babies, right? But just as his fingers were able to brush up against a bright reddish-orange fruit...

"Excuse me."

Luka yelped and almost fell, slipping from where he had been standing on a thick limb to having to brace himself on one with his arms, keeping it at chest height as his legs dangled freely. He looked down to the ground below and quirked a brow, staring at a fluffy yellow creature. It looked like some sort of yellow-furred football with stub legs and a mouth, but something about its eyes–bright blue and big as saucers–made it hard for him to not smile as he looked at it.

The creature's ears, small and fluffy as the rest of it, slowly drooped as it said, "Oh, sorry... I didn't mean to startle you. I was just wondering..." Slowly it sat back on its rear end, almost like a dog on its haunches, and pointed a foreleg at the fruit he'd almost grabbed. "...could you maybe send one of those down here for me? I'd get it myself, but..."

Luka finally let the smile he'd been fighting grace his face as he nodded, pulling himself up onto the branch. He grabbed the fruit and deftly pulled it free then tossed it down to the creature, who caught it in its forelegs with a little squeal of surprised delight. Then he plucked a fruit for himself before jumping down to land beside the creature, watching with a grin as it bit into the fruit and hummed in joy.

While he bit into his own fruit, the creature looked up at Luka curiously and asked, "Um, a-are you... Are you human...?"

Raising an eyebrow, Luka nodded and asked, "How'd you...?"

"I overheard a couple of the others who came into town with you talking to some of the other Digimon. Um, what's a human, exactly?"

"Well," he began, "we're not from this Digital World of yours. We're from another world called Earth."

"Earth?"

So, for the next long while, Luka sat and quietly talked to the little creature, telling it little bits about earth as it asked questions. At the same time, he also looked it over with a critical eye. It sounded like a child, same as all of the others, though it seemed to be a bit quiet by nature, and the difference in its voice to the other Digimon's voices implied it was a female. But something quickly occurred to him as they chatted.

"By the way," he asked, "what do I call you?"

She blushed very slightly, her cheek fur turning pink, and answered, "Oh, I'm Viximon. It's a pleasure to meet you, uh..."

"Luka."

She smiled at him and nodded. "It's very nice to meet you, then, Luka."

"Likewise," he answered, gently petting her head.

Suddenly, a bright flash came from Luka's pocket that made both him and the little Digimon gasp and jump slightly before he reached into his pocket and stared at what he pulled out. It was the device, it's screen lit up and glowing brightly, but now the dull gray colors had faded into ocean and sky blues with a golden ring around the space occupied by the screen. Gold symbols appeared on the buttons to show what each one did, and a bright beam of light blasted forward to land on both the human and the yellow Digimon before him. Both stared, transfixed, as new symbols of same strange text seemed to be formed in thin air, drawn from their bodies, and sucked into the screen before the light show finally ceased.

Then the device beeped three times, the screen flashing for a moment, and emitted a monotonous computerized voice that said,

Digivice activated. Tamer and Digimon data registered. Awaiting command.

Luke stared, confused and awed, before he quirked a brow and asked, "What in-"

"-the world...?" Viximon finished helpfully, her eyes sparkling with curiosity as she, too, stared at the device.

Noticing a flickering light on the screen, Luka pressed a button, the one that seemed to stand for "enter", and watched as a small, round hologram appeared in front of the device. In the center was a picture of Viximon, with her name and some strange, unknown symbols forming a ring around her picture.

"Viximon," the device's voice said, "a Free Type In-Training Digimon. A fox-like Digimon that is quiet but clever and often curious."

Luka blinked, glancing from the hologram to the Digimon itself and back before he finally grinned and said, "Well, that about sums you up, doesn't it?"

Viximon blushed again, but smiled and nodded slightly. "Yep."

Suddenly a there was the sound of explosions, and both human and Digimon turned with a jump as a startling realization hit them.

"The village is under attack."

cid:BA0250A6-7DDC-41E1-85DE-DC321A87D9CB

Last edited:
Orgemon_collectors.png
Ogremon could only laugh in sadistic glee as the flames consumed the village surrounding them, thick plumes of smoke threatening to block out the warm sun. White ash began to drift down on all of them, a mockery of a peaceful snowfall. "You shouldn't have let your guard down, Leomon," the slackjawed digimon said with the closest thing to a smirk he could muster.

He sidestepped a swing of Leomon's blade before bringing his club down on the guardian's shoulder. A sickening snap and pained growl could be heard over the panicked cries of the village's young occupants.

Amber eyes darted around her surroundings as Ravyn approached the great tree at the heart of the village. She'd picked up a few more terrified Digimon along the way, struggling to hold them all. The falling ash was making it hard to see, let alone breathe. Finding a steep tunnel that led underground, she moved down the path.

Only to promptly fall on her ass and slide the rest of the way down.

"....dammit." She muttered under her breath, the Digimon bounding from her arms. With a groan, Ravyn pushed herself back to her feet. Her eyes scanned the various Digimon hudled on the floor around one that stood in the center. He looked a lot like Wizarmon, save for the white cloak and paler skin. Must be that Socerimon Wizarmon had mentioned...

His staff had been pointed at her, though once he saw the small Digimon she'd been carrying he promptly lowered it. "Thank you for bringing them here safely," His voice was low and measured.

Ravyn shifted her weight slightly, "It's... not like I could stand there and do nothing."

The older Digimon nodded in understanding. "You must be one of the humans that arrived here not too long ago."

"Yeah-"

The ground above them shove slightly, small bits of dirt raining down on them. "We'll talk once this is over."

Ogremon coughed, gasping for air as he struggled to push himself back to his feet. Leomon's Juuouken wasn't something to be taken lightly. And he'd just taken one point blank to the chest. "Still have some fight left you, eh furball?" He spat between pained breaths.

"Be silent," Leomon growled, pointing his sword at the ogre. His left arm hung limply at his side having been shattered by his opponent's club. One that now lay several feet away, well out of reach. "Leave this village, don't ever show your face here again."

"Now why would I do that?" Ogremon cackled as a barrage of hurled stones and fireballs brought Leomon to his knees.

"Bastard..."

"What good's this honor of yours when it just gets you killed!?" Ogremon roared as he snatched his club from the ground and raced forward, ready to bring it down and end that miserable cat once and for all.

Only to find himself stopped in his tracks.

"...eh?" His jaw seemed to hang even lower as he looked down to find he'd been run through by leomon's sword. "When did...? How did...? Ogremon gasped and staggered back as the blade was wrenched free.

"You shouldn't have let your guard down."

"Damn... you...!" The demon-like Digimon hissed, trying to raise his club before collapsing to the ground. Data scattered everywhere in small sparks of light.

Leomon slowly stood, casting a venomous glare over his should at the gathered Goblimon as he did. Quickly losing any will to fight, the smaller Digimon yelped and scattered from his sight.

With Ogremon dead, morale will quickly fall apart. Finish off any Goblimon and let your partner evolve if you haven't and then gather at the great tree.

Darya De Lucia
Kokomon​
A stone knocked Darya's legs out from under her. A shrill yelp escaped her as she fell, twisting to protect Kokomon, still in her arms. She hit the ground, scrapping her shins and elbows. The pursuing Goblimon cackled and shot a ball of flames from its hand. Darya saw it flying towards her. She screamed and curled around Kokomon even more. The fire exploded just over her head, showering her with hot cinders. The smell of burning hair wafted around her. Darya trembled, tears pouring down her cheeks. What are they going to do to us?
Kokomon squirmed in her arms.
"Run," Darya whispered, "get somewhere safe." She gave the little creature one last squeeze before opening her arms.
Kokomon darted out, her brown ears flying behind her. She turned to the Goblimon. "You big meanie!" She ran at the Goblimon.
"No!"
There was a flash of light and the little brown creature turned into . . . a brown rabbit.
"Lopmon!" It yelled. The brown and pink creature darted forward, spinning its ears like propellers. "Tiny twister!" A gust of wind swirled and formed a tornado spinning at the Goblimons. The winds picked up. The ugly goblins stared up at it, backing up a few steps before turning and running away. "And don't come back!"
Lopmon stood there for a moment, letting the wind die down before turning back to Darya. Her dark eyes took Darya's scraps and singed hair. "Darya-mon . . ." Tears welled up in her eyes. "I'm sorry!" Lopmon launched herself at Darya, catching her in a hug, wrapping her long ears around Darya. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry! I should have Digivolved sooner."
Darya held the little rabbit creature as it cried into her neck. Were's Kokomon? What the hell just happened? She patted Lopmon's back. "It's okay. It's okay, don't cry."
It nuzzled against her, still crying.
Looking around, Darya noticed there weren't any more Goblimons nearby. The buildings all burned around them.
"Come on," she held Lopmon and, wincing, struggled to her feet. "We need to get somewhere safe." Picking a direction with the least amount of smoke, she carried the little rabbit away. The buildings burned around them. Flowers wilted and the grass was trampled into dirt. Ash rained down in thick plumes of white and gray. Darya stumbled along, struggling not to cough.
"There," Lopmon pointed to the right with one of her small paws. "I think I can see the edge of the forest. Go that way."
Darya did as she was told.
Finally, they were out of the burning village. Darya hurried across the cool grass and stopped under a cluster of saplings. She looked back at the village. Are the others okay?
"We should wait here," Lopmon said. "Leomon will find us and tell us what to do."
Nodding, Darya sat down to wait.

As Lilly hobbled her way through the wreckage of the once prestene little village she felt a deep disparity. Sorrowful tear stung her eyes as she looked at the playgrounds and hopscotch boards from only a few moments ago. Now everything was smashed or burning.
Lilly hated feeling so helpless to stop this destruction.. But what could she do?
She was just a frail little swedish girl.

Palmon however was more conserned with keeping Lilly safe.
She hadn't twisted her ankle badly,
But Palmon knew there were still Goblinmon around.
She wasn't blind to the destruction of her home, but she had to find Leomon and the other Hu-mons before she could worry about that.

Near by, the two of them could hear. Several names being called out from every direction.
Palmon looked up at Lilly and asked "it looks like lots of digimon are digivolving to combat the Goblinmon..I wonder why you haven't"
Lilly only shook her head frustrated and reminded Palmon what she alresdy had told her "I can't digivolve I'm a human!"
Palmons mouth hung open for a moment before she asked "you mean this is your champion level form?"
Reminding Palmon of the danger they were still in, Lilly asked "can we please talk about this later.?"

A bit embarresed that she forgot the mortal danger, Palmon agreed with a sheepish grin "oh yea..the Goblinmon."
But it was at that moment they noticed that they handnt ran across any for some time now.
Sounds of ruckus told them there was still a few here or there, but much fewer then they had seen befor.

Suddenly Lilly spotted a familiar sight: it was Heinrich, but something was wrong.
It looked like he was out cold and being dragged off by something that looked like some kind of strage plant digimon.
If it was anything like Palmon, Lilly felt she could trust it.

As the two hurred to help Heinrich, Palmon called out "hey Lalamon! Look at me, I digivolved to!"
Lilly spared giving Palmon the same lecture as before and simply focused on trying to wake up
Heinrich

AMY WARREN
...What a Day...
"NYHAHA! Whassa matter nerds? Stand and fight!" Monodramon had waded into the Goblimon like a gleeful, purple wrecking ball, a wild flurry of claws teeth and occasionally tail that drove the goblimon before it. It wasn't entirely that he was stronger then them, between the whole group they probably had the advantage, but Monodramon's unbridled enthusiasm for combat seemed to put the goblimon off their game.

"Jussh Geth In line!" The purple digimon crowed, his voice mangled by the goblimon whose head he had clamped down on with his sharp teeth. Amy noted his bite left behind and interesting effect that looked almost like a computer glitch. She also noted the hapless goblimon he had trapped in a headlock and was noogying with his other hand, all without releasing his bite on the second goblimon.

He's a real multi tasker Amy mused, turning her attention to the huddled mass of baby digimon as Monodramon chased the goblimon out of town.

"Alrighty brats, it looks like things are calming down, head back into the center of town and we'll sort out our next move," Amy instructed trying to remain brusque. This became harder to manage as they clustered around her ankles, bouncing exctiedly and squeaking about the "epic battle" that had taken place.

"Go on, get! Keep moving," Amy instructed as Monodramon returned, looking extremely pleased with himself.

"Heh, can ya blame 'em?" Monodramon asked, inspecting his claws casually. "I mean I was pretty freaking awesome back there. It's just too bad I didn't run into Ogremon as well or I'd shown him as well,"

"Don't get ahead of yourself mate," Amy muttered, snatching her hat back returning it to its rightful position atop her bright, green hair. "I think you've still got a bit more growing to do before you worry about him,"

---

With Monodramon's help herding the blobs back into the village was relatively simple. They followed Monodramon, showerring him with praise and a thousand questions. While he lapped up the attention and lead the way Amy trailed behind, corralling any stragglers back into the main group.

The task wasn't mentally taxing and Amy found herself reviewing recent events as she walked. Hopmon had changed into a totally different creature, yet he didn't seem surprised at all by the transformation and even had a new name for himself. His attitude suggested this kind of transformation was at least relatively common here but what kind of mechanism could make that possible. The only thing Amy had noticed was that weird device going off like a siren.

Amy fished the digivice out of her pocket and turned it around in her hand. She didn't see how this thing that looked like an out of date cell phone could affect the kind of change Hopmon had gone through, she didn't have any other leads though.

I guess I won't break it for now Amy decided, putting it back into her pocket. The little group had arrived at the large tree in the center of the village, with a recognizable landmark in sight the baby digimon seemed content to part from their escort and seek more familiar company. Amy noticed some of the other humans, although it was weird to think about them in those terms, and raised her hand in a loose greeting.

"Yo," she said, then "Shit," The wave had exposed the back of her hand to her line of sight and she noticed a large gash there that until now had escaped her attention, likely due to the adrenalin running through her and the tension of the recent events.

Did I cut it on the teeth of that thing I punched? Amy wondered. Shit, I hope it doesn't get infected.

"Wait, is he okay?" Amy asked, noticing Heinrich's sprawled out form for the first time.

"As long as there are no wounds on his back then he can die with honor," chimed in Monodramon sagely, apparently deciding his grand total of one fight qualified him to be some kind of warrior philosopher.

"I'd prefer nobody die at all," Amy replied tiredly as her hand throbbed.

V viska Orikanyo Orikanyo

Heinrich and Lalamon.

How odd life is, a fully grown man, in but a few moments, finds himself in a strange new world, nearly killed by a lion man, get shoved to his village of adorable little balls of.... Whatever their made of, knocked unconscious, then dragged 48 feet towards the closest source of help lalamon could find. Which of course was two young women with their digimon friends, as they are the first people she could find even after dragging the poor man over just about whatever lay upon the ground, doing likely far more damage than any of the goblimon did to him.

"Eh? Palmon? You were tanemon yea? And you were... Hopmon. You both look so weird." the digimon looked to the other one in the area, dropping the scruff of heinrich's shirt as the two humans went towards her human.

heinrich stirred, the last bump finally shaking the brain back into working order. the man grumbled and groaned, leaning up and rubbing the bump on the back of his head. "What...?" He questioned slightly, opening his eyes they met lily's, prompting abit of a raised eyebrow from her proximity. "..I was out for a second. not a sleeping princess, I need no kiss to awaken again." he joked, though sadly his tone wasn't following that fact. Main problem with him joking around really, everyone took him so seriously...

"Ehmn... regardless, is the village safe? Where is that kittyman?" he asked as he stood tall once again, brushing off a couple of stray grasses from his still unsoiled apron. lalamon hopped around to face him "About time you woke up! I thought you were dead!" "Dead? I expect if that was true you would have left me." "What!? what kind of digimon do you take me for? I would never leave a friend in need!" "Says the one who talked about running away..."

It seems heinrich was all better, or at least tougher then whatever punishment he took.

V viska AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy

Otonashi Keiran and Pu--Gomamon??

Otonashi allowed the hiss of the club to fill him as it - at last! - came thundering down towards his head. All those long weeks of trying to "keep clean" and "bide his time" had been leading up to this point, he was sure. And the wait will have been worth it--

Just before the moment of impact, however, he remembered something.

With an angry thud the Goblimon's weapon landed uselessly in the grass. A muddled look upon his face, the Digimon glanced up to see its intended target had rolled away just in the nick of time, and was now gently placing the odd device from earlier back into his pocket.

"I reeeally can't risk anything else happening to this phone."

While the first Goblimon yanked furiously to free his club from the sod, the second began an angry charge, swiping at Otonashi just to have the human dart as easily away as he had before. Even with the two minions taking turns, it seemed as if their quarry was always one step ahead.

"You are trying to hit me, aren't you?" Otonashi laughed, only making their attacks more frustrated and wild. The lazy Goblimons' moves were easily telegraphed long before they had any hope of landing; he'd had fights way more interesting with kindergartners! (Long story...don't ask). The would-be delinquent was completely in his element, growing more bold as the dance prolonged. Everything was going as planned. It was his trusty tactic: Get the enemy to miss enough to whip up a fervor, so that when they did finally land, it was sure to be a beautiful impact that would open up the gates to Valhalla itself---

But while Otonashi may have been having the time of his life, his partner continued to shake with a strange mixture of fear and awe. Perhaps he had underestimated the abilities of his human. Watching him slide so seamlessly between motions reminded Pukamon of the simple, graceful freedom he felt while gliding through the river's gentle currents. A clumsy water Digimon like himself could never hope to travel so beautifully across the land...so watching the joyful movements transposed upon the plain fascinated him. It was like a water ballet with bubbles replaced by tufts of grass caught up in the light breeze.

Pukamon had always fled to hide in the river or some secret grotto whenever Ogremon and his minions had showed up to torment them in the past. After all, one needed to be alive in order to complete their studies! He had never been bothered by his logical actions before, feeling that his mental contributions to life at the village were just as important as Leomon's protective paw, and that everything had its time and its place. But somehow, seeing Otonashi Keiran stand bravely before the Goblimon with such nonchalance and glee, it made the Digimon feel...strangely guilty.

But what was a weak little scholar to do?

If only there were some way even I could be of use...

Meanwhile Otonashi was reaching his limits, and figured it was about time to let the Goblimons land a strike. However, just as he was preparing his foot to catch in slippery grass - creating the perfect opening for the attack - the Digimon froze. Otonashi cocked his head as he watched them throw each other a glance, and then appear to start running away.

He had never felt such crushing disappointment.

"Huh--!? C-Come back!"

"えぇぇー!?もー戻ろ! You can't leave in the middle of a fight! We were just about to have fuuuun!"
"Eee--!? Mo-Modoro!"

With the expression of a pouting child who has just been denied a favorite toy, the young man placed his hands on his hips. As he did so, however, his fingers brushed against the blonde woman's shoe from earlier. He had half forgotten he'd been holding onto it...and, truth be told, was a bit surprised it had managed to stay stuck in his belt.

"I said, come baaack!"

Using all of his force (which, to be honest, wasn't much), the malnourished youth flung the fashion accessory at the Goblimons' retreating backs. It...harmlessly bounced off. Not even causing a flinch.

Well...that was completely useless.

ないか。。。メチャ無用。
Naika...Mecha muyou.

He really wished he knew a way to do an inventory upgrade in this game. Wasn't there supposed to be some kind of shop for that...?

Or perhaps his tactics weren't so useless after all! Reaching an outcrop of rocks along the riverbank, the Goblimon proceeded to duck down. Pukamon crept closer to his partner, wondering at their mysterious actions as he observed...trying to remember what the voice of the device had earlier said...

Something only I can do--

Something about...fireballs?

"Otonashi Keiran, watch out!"

Having completely forgotten that he was not alone, Otonashi jolted at the sudden, loud shout near his feet, causing him to leap back in surprise. Luckily so, because just where he had been standing was now a fiery crater caused by the flaming ball the Goblimon had thrown.

"Whaa-!? That was totally awesome!"

"わぁぁー!?チョウスゲェェェ!"

"Waa-!? Chou sugeee!"

But instead of feeling any urgency at the rising stakes, the boy merely gripped his sides in laughter. Of course, none of the fights in his life had ever come close to anything like this!

"Otonashi Keiran, stop that! The situation has gotten dangerous! We have to go!"

While Pukamon desperately tried to drag at his human's arms, Otonashi merely went limp. Until the next fireball came crashing towards them. Luckily this one had much less accurate aim than the first, though it still managed to singe the bottom of the student's loafers. But even then Otonashi could only stare down in wonder.

"Awesome..."

"すげ。。。Never thought I'd get to try ~pyro~ in this kind of setting."
"Suge..."

"Otonashi Keiran! I have an idea, you just need to--"

But, of course, he wasn't about to pay the Digimon any mind. By this point Pukamon was both panicked and irritated. How was he supposed to be of any use to his partner when he just wouldn't listen!?

As the third fireball began to fly high over their heads, the tiny Digimon had had enough. It was time to fight fire with...water!

"FROOOTH BUBBLE!"

A cascade of frothing spit leapt from his mouth to fizzle the missile mid-air, causing it to fall uselessly a few feet away. However, in the process, Pukamon nearly drenched his unwitting partner.

"Ew, gross. Can you, like, never do that again...?"
"What? But I just saved you!"
"Yeah, but....spit? Really?"

But there wasn't time to argue. The Goblimon were grumbling behind their rocky fort. This fight was taking much longer than it was supposed to, and the lethargic pair were getting fed up. They didn't understand why these weird Digimon didn't just throw themselves before them, begging for mercy. That's usually what all the other village babies did. But these two were harder nuts to crack. It was time for the final attack.

This time, instead of a flaming boulder, a huge hunk of stone came hurtling at the pair.

At this Otonashi leapt up. Fighting from a distance just wasn't fair. He planned to go stop the menaces at the source. But Pukamon saw that just as his partner was darting out of the way, the second Goblimon was waiting with a net.

Oh no--!

Doing the only thing he could think to do, the Digimon slammed into the human, causing him to trip and fall into the river...again. Pukamon wasn't sure if he had saved his partner, or just unwittingly caused his death. To make matters worse, before he could rush to save him, the tiny creature felt the rough texture of ropes falling around him. He was caught.

No...this cannot be the end! I finally got to meet Otonashi Keiran...after waiting for so long...and yet, in no time at all, I've already failed him..........I really am useless....If only my body could keep up with my mind...If only I had just a little more power...

Otonashi was thinking something similar as his strange hazel eyes watched the circle of sunlight that signified dry land growing smaller and further away.

Guess I'm gonna finally find out what happens once you lose a life in this game. If only it could have been for some cool reason, like those fireballs, or after getting beaten and broken by those bats...

He closed his eyes, wondering if one felt any pain from dying in a game. Maybe he would finally return to reality, sitting peacefully at Ayumu's desk. But instead of the cold hand of death, a weird glow began to surround him, though not as weird as the words echoing in his mind.

"Pukamon Digivolve to...GOMAMON!"

"FISH POWER!"

From the clutches of a humiliating end, Otonashi suddenly found himself lifted on...what felt to be...a writhing raft composed of a makeshift myriad of rainbow-colored fish. But he scarcely had the brain capacity to question the turn of events, kneeling on their floundering bodies to cough out water and suck in as much oxygen as possible to his already damaged-enough brain.

"I...really thought I was gonna die that time. Also, I might be into Breath Play--"

"You'll never die as long as I am here!"

Looking up, the boy saw that the speaker of those noble words was yet another new creature, this one rather seal-like in appearance, covered in white fur with purple markings and red-orange...hair? It stood proudly in the torn remains of a net, its chest puffed out against the Goblimon surrounding it. Even though the creature was still much smaller than them...somehow, it looked so cool.

"My hero~!"

"Wh-Where's Pu--?" Otonashi began, before his eyes caught notice of something barely hanging onto the bizarre newcomer's claw-adorned flipper. It was a bandaid. The bandaid. "Puka! Is that really you!? マイヒーロー〜!" He exclaimed, making one of the girlish poses that made people give him strange looks at school.
"Mai hiirou~!"

"That's right, Otonashi Keiran! It seems as if somehow that device of yours allowed me to Digivolve into Gomamon. Most fascinating!"

"Digiwhatnow?"

"Hey, you're not gonna get distracted again, are ye?"

"Yeah, don't forget who you're fighting here!"

The Goblimon were just as confused at this sudden, dramatic turn, but had long cast away any signs of the laziness of before. They thrust another boulder at the new threat, but--

"SHARP EDGE!"

Gomamon gracefully leapt into the air, slicing the boulder as easily as sashimi with his thick, sharp claws.

Otonashi's eyes sparkled.

"Aaa! So cool!"

"アアア! ソクール!"

"Aaa! So kuuru!"

Well, that was more or less the end of the line for the Goblimon. They had given it their best, and they weren't about to sacrifice their lives for a lost cause. Throwing each other one more glance, they began to run. However this time, they really were blasting off again.

Gomamon chased after them a few steps, yelping some very uncharacteristic threats, but he looked much too pleased with his current contribution to take any serious chase.

I did it! Even someone like me...proved useful in a fight!
"W-Wait up!"

Otonashi, however, wasn't so happy with how things had ended, shouting as he attempted to stumble from his raft to the shore. "ま−待ってよ!" Clumsily he threw himself onto the safety of the river bank, but it was far too late to have any hope of catching up.
"Ma-Matteyo!"

"Aww...I really wanted to get my hands on one of those clubs."
"I am sure there will be plenty more opportunities in the future. Now that I can Digivolve, I feel like I can do anything!"
"Yeah, Puka! What was that? You suddenly grew up!"
"It's Gomamon now. Though it was never Puka..."
"Did you get all those fish to come save me?"
"Prince of the goldfish!"
"Indeed I did."
"Wow! That's amazing! You're like a prince! 金魚王子!"

"Kingyou Ouji!"
"Well...I wouldn't go that far..." Despite his words, across Gomamon's face appeared a very self-satisfied grin.
"Yes, yes, Your Majesty!
"はい、はい閉会式!Whatever you say."

"Hai, hai Heika!"
"Hmm...I could get used to this. But for now, we're still in danger. Since we know how to take care of those cretans, we should return to the village posthaste!"
"You mean I can fight those...uh...whatever they're called now?"
"Of course not. I'll have enough to tend to helping the little ones without having to worry about what trouble you're getting into."

"Huuh?"
"えぇ? I was doing just fine on my own!"
Ee?
"Big words from someone I had to save...what was it...three, four times? I seem to have lost count."
"P-Puka--! ...I-It's not my fault if I can't swim..."
"It's hard to overlook your flaws when you can't even remember my name. Though, if you wanted to continue calling me 'Your Majesty,' that would be acceptable...."

Continuing their never-ending chatter, the two eventually finished the long trek back to the village, dripping wet, covered in stains and scratches...and yet with huge triumphant smiles born of the exhilaration of success.
That is...until they saw what the once peaceful haven had become.

"Th-This is terrible..."
"Who would have thought throwing around fireballs would cause this much damage?"

Strangely enough, there didn't seem to be any more Goblimon about. Most of the tiny, tasty-looking critters also seemed to have disappeared. Just as Otonashi was beginning to scratch his head, wondering how to make it to the next level, he caught sight of something fluffy, familiar, and dark pink.

"ヤハロー〜!It's me, do you remember? Though I never got your name. You know, the foreigners back at school were a lot better at actually introducing themselves." He babbled as he ran towards the blonde woman, waving cheerfully. He proudly explained to Gomamon, who was just moments behind, that this was one of the humans he had arrived with.

"Yaharou~!"

"Indeed..."

If Otonashi had been in any position to catch the faint traces of a blush ruddying his partner's furry cheeks as he took the beautiful (if disheveled) woman in, he was much too distracted by the creature she was preoccupied with yelling at to take any notice.

"アラ?So you have one too? Betya mine's better. He's a hero, and a prince!" Otonashi finished his announcement with a wink. Though the striped fur of the blonde's partner did look rather comfy. And...removable? Perhaps he wouldn't mind letting a poor student sleep in it.
"Oh yeah! I had your shoe earlier, cause I thought you'd be happy if I held onto it, or, maybe mad, either way, but its turns out, it was completely useless. Wait! ...I was gonna give it back to you, but I guess I...kind of forgot?"

In his frustration with the Goblimon he had thrown it and made no attempt to get it retrieve it after. Ah well. He could just complete that「side quest」on his next play through. If there ever was one.

"Otonashi Keiran, is this what you are referring to?"

From seemingly out of nowhere, like Prince Charming kneeling before Cinderella, Gomamon gracefully produced the sad little heel, presenting it to the woman with as much pomp as a fingerless Digimon might possess.

"I recovered it since I thought it was an important artifact of the human world, and wanted to make further study. But if it belongs to someone..."

"Wow! Heika! You're just full of amazingness today! But, it's kind of pointless to give it back like that. She broke it after I failed to get slapped..."

The foreigner looked as if she had something to say about all this...after all, she did appear rather out of sorts. Hair mussed, makeup smeared. Only wearing a single shoe. But Otonashi was, as usual, lost in his own little world, and between the two chatterboxes it was pretty hard to get a word in edgewise. The blue furry creature that was her assumed partner didn't seem to be to pressed to contribute anything, in any case. And perhaps the blonde had given up trying to fight the audacity of this strange new world.

"Hey, Puka's really smart, I bet he could fix it for ya! But, first...it's...like, kind of a mess around here. Do you know where the others are?"

The woman neither knew nor cared. Otonashi shrugged. He already had made a friend to help him pass the demo, and one who could speak Japanese and had big claws, no less! So the issue of befriending the nameless foreigners had become much less pressing. Though that wasn't to say he was against it should the challenge ever ease up, or that he would mind getting to know a few of them a bit more intimately if the opportunity presented itself.

"In desperate times we typically gather around the trunk of the great tree. Leomon may even be there now, if he was indeed able to chase away Ogremon and his minions. I doubt it not we would find the other humans if we made that our goal."
"Let's goo!"

"You sure have an answer to everything! Alright, 行きましょうぜ!"

"Ikimashouze!"

Energetically Otonashi led the way towards the sparkling tree's trunk, pulling the blonde woman behind him like an excited child with an exasperated parent, while the more practical Puka, though just as enthusiastic to finally meet the others from the human world, forced along the lazy Digimon that was her companion.

[ Bunnying Jupiter and Gabumon for Juju Juju ]

Last edited:
Lukanis Williams

"So, what're gonna do again?"
The question from the yellow bundle of fur in his arms almost made Luka stop, particularly with the timid tone it was asked in. Yet he forced himself to keep running, hopping over running baby Digimon and ducking obstacles as he went, headed towards the great tree at the center of the village.
"We're heading for the tree; it's the biggest shelter in this whole place, so that's where everyone else is likely going. We're gonna meet up with them there, hopefully with Leomon there too, and figure out a plan of how to deal with these green dudes."
Though he spoke calmly, inside Luka could feel himself shaking just as much as Viximon. He wouldn't let her know, but he was scared. These "Goblimon" were far from the most grotesque thing he'd ever seen–television was a blessing and curse for that–but they weren't images on a screen; they were real, and dangerously so.
How unfortunate one decided to emphasize that by blasting through a wall to the youth's left right as he was trying to round a corner.
Luka gasped and skidded to a stop, staring into the madly grinning face of the Goblimon, then turned and ran, ducking a wild swing of the beast's club. Panting, he ran as fast as he could to down the path ahead, now headed away from the great tree. He gasped, sliding to a stop once again, and growled softly under his breath upon realizing he'd run straight into a dead end.
Why'd it have to be now of all times I get lost somewhere? So much for sense of direction–thanks, Dad.
Luka turned around, only for Viximon to cry out, "Watch out, Luka!"
He looked up and had just enough to gasp before a Goblimon, flanked on each side by another of his kind, stepped in his path and raised its club to strike. He backpedaled, stumbling a bit before a root, hidden in the grass, caused him to trip and fall backwards, the club just barely missing crushing his pelvis as it drove into the ground between his sprawled legs. Thrown from his arms, Viximon squealed in fear as she soared up into a tree, getting caught in the branches. Luka groaned, then gasped and stared in fear as the Goblimon approached him, each of the three with their clubs raised high over their heads, the center one grinning viciously.
Luka steeled himself, face slowly turning from fearful to resigned but confident. "Do your worst, monster," he said.
The grinning Goblimon growled back, "With pleasure, punk!"
Above, Viximon screamed.
"LUKAAAAA!"
Suddenly, before the club could fall, a bright light shone from within Luka's pocket, blinding all three Goblimon and causing them to each step back. The light brightened and Luka quickly pulled out the source: the strange device. All at once the light flared into an even more blinding glow, a single beam firing from the screen to strike Viximon in the branches above, and both human and Digimon gasped as the glow turned blue and enveloped the fur ball.
DIGIVOLUTION
"Viximon Digivolve to...!"
A small ball of fur with a fox's tail began to stretch, distorting into a slender feminine torso, hind legs stretching out and restructuring into a pair of long digitigrade legs tipped by soft white paws, forelegs stretching out to form slender arms with three-fingered hands. Tiny fox ears stretched out behind a fox-like head, the tiny tail at the other end of the body lengthening and growing fluffier by the second. Purple gloves slowly formed from nothing over the slender arms until they had formed fingerless elbow-length sleeves, the symbol of a yin-yang circle on the back of each. Bright blue eyes burst open to greet the world, and a sly little smirk formed on the fox-like muzzle of the new being so that a single fang poked out over her bottom lip.
"RENAMON!"
Luka stared in awe at the creature that landed in front of him, an athletic anthropomorphic fox knelt before him with her back turned towards him. She slowly rose to her full height, about a half a head taller than his own full height, and flexed her claw-tipped fingers slowly. A soft, melodic voice issued from her lips as she spoke.
"Don't you dare just give up, Luka. You told me you have a sister, correct? Will you so easily resign yourself to 'fate' and let these monsters keep you from protecting her?"
Luka simply continued to stare, amazed, as the vixen looked at him over her shoulder. "You said earlier you would do anything for her, yes?" Her question earned a nod from him. "Then tell me: are you going to sit around all day, or are you going to fight?"
Luka looked down, then clenched his hands into fists. The Goblimon, though shocked by the fox's appearance, growled and slowly started to grin again, the leader stepping forward. It raised its club again and said, "He ain't gonna fight, foxy. He's weak, like all of you little baby Digimon!"
"I am not weak."
Luka's sudden words made the Goblimon pause, but it full-out recoiled when the youth looked up, glaring from beneath his silver-white bangs, and shouted, "I am not weak! You're weak!" The youth suddenly lunged forward, tackling the Goblimon about the middle, and dragged it to the ground, driving his knee into its gut as he said, "Only the weak attack the defenseless! Only the weak attack the helpless! Only the truly weak become bullies! And I! Hate! BULLIES!"
The Goblimon roared in pain as the youth's knee dug into its stomach before it was dragged across the ground before being flung aside. It slowly tried to rise to its feet, using its club for leverage, only to look up in time for a running uppercut from Luka to catch it on the chin, causing it to flip backwards and crash with a groan onto its back. It comrades, too stunned to move, were given no time to recover from their shock before Renamon lashed out, striking one across the cheek with a right hook so that its head slammed into that of the one next to it.
"Don't forget little ol' me, boys," she said with a cold smile. "Little Renamon is here to play, too, and I hate bullies just as much as he does."
One of the two Goblimon growled and ran at her, raising its club, only to grunt in pain as she twisted and struck out with her right leg, catching him in the chest before following up with a spin kick from the left that caught him in the cheek, sending him tumbling to the side. His partner dashed forward, ready to catch her with his club swinging from her left, only to perform an even more impressive backflip than their leader as she did a backward cartwheel, catching him with her right foot at the chin, landing him on his stomach. The vixen smiled slyly, her tail twitching in excitement, as she glanced to the side and watched Luka back pedaling from his own opponent, the Goblimon's club missing him by mere inches time after time before getting caught on a tree–the very tree she'd dropped from after Digivolving from Viximon–giving the youth a clear opening to duck, dash forward and strike the Goblimon with an elbow to the face.
Turning back to her own opponents, Renamon shook her head and said, "Better try harder, boys! A lady doesn't like to be kept waiting, you know."
Her two opponent growled and charged at her, clubs raised, ready to slam them down onto her head–only for her to drop into a split, roll between them both, stop in a kneeling position behind them, and push herself up and back into a backflip, landing with her feet on their heads before jumping off of them, the force of her launch sending them face first into the ground as she front flipped to the ground, landing with a solid stamp of her feet. She chuckled and turned to face them, jumping backwards as they slowly rose to their feet.
"No more games, boys," she said, her hands and eyes dimly glowing pale blue. "This charade ends here."
Both Goblimon charged forward, but faltered as glowing shards, glittering like crystal in a cavern, formed around her in twin rings.
Renamon smirked and let her fangs poke out over her bottom lip once more as she called out, "Diamond... STORM!"
All at once, the rings of crystal shards surged forward, ripping through the two Goblimon until each gave a death scream and fell apart, bursting into particles of red light that slowly turned blue and disappeared. Renamon landed lightly on her feet and chuckled softly, clicking her tongue as she said, "Not bad for a little fox, wouldn't you agree?"
Meanwhile, Luka was lashing out, grunting as he landed punch after punch against the face and chest of his opponent, the Goblimon's club long since abandoned as it struggled to block the onslaught. It growled and tried to speak, saying, "How can you be this strong?! You were cowering just a minute ago!"
Luka replied, with a punch emphasizing each word, "I don't like fighting, but I'll gladly do it to teach guys like you a lesson! And you. Just! Got! Schooled!"
With this final word, Luka drew his right fist back, flexed it, and swung it forward in the hardest, most powerful crushing blow he could, driving it into the Golbimon's face so that it knocked it clear off of its feet, sending it sprawling against the tree. Luka then sighed and ran a hand through his hair before pointing at the beast and saying, "Let this be a lesson for you: Never, never make me angry."
As the beast slumped down, unconscious, Renamon stepped up beside Luka and asked, "And how do they not make you angry, Tamer?"
Choosing to ignore the title for now, Luka glanced at her and replied, "Simple: don't be a bully." The two then shared a nod before dashing off, headed for the great tree.

(Okay, this was a little bit rushed in my opinion, but I seriously wanted to make this scene. It's not my best writing work, but I like it. :) I'm editing as I have time.)

Cori hadn't honestly done too much to keep track of the group she'd been following around. In fact if anything it took them a bit longer to actually get into town due to Nick's persistence that going into town would only cause more trouble. Personally Cori didn't see a reason to worry about it, and if anyone was going to make a move against him she had ten knuckles and two gloves of reasoning why it was a bad idea. Still, he was a persistent little guy, and the attack on the town only had him cowering even more. That said, it wasn't too long before the goblins running about the town started clearing out and with persistence she finally convinced him to head into town.

And to be honest, it was a mess. Frankly she hadn't been too worried about the green guys running around. Once you fight a guy trying to take a baseball bat to your head, someone closer to your height wielding a club didn't seem any scary. That and they seemed like bullies that needed a group to amount to anything. That said, houses were in taters, and little... whatever they were, were running about the streets trying to fix this or that.

Not one to avoid lending a hand when needed Cori shifted some rubble here or there as she made her way through the streets, Nick not leaving her heels once as they went. Corriander was starting to understand why as well. While many seemed to give her partner a shifty look or two, she noticed that even while helping, some of the 'softer' looking Digimon would jump at the sight of her, apparently having an unintentionally fearsome look about her. Regardless she continued to extend her aid to those that needed it and started making her way towards a larger tree. Hopefully it would-

"No one move! I will smash her! Don't come closer! I'll do it!"

Knocked out of her musings by the harsh voice Cori's eye quickly isolated the speaker, a single goblin holding a small round... thing... in its hand, with its other hand hefting its club threateningly. It seemed no one was quite sure what to do about it, and honestly Cori just knew she needed to get the smaller one away from the goblin. Stepping forward with her hands up in surrender she spoke.

"Easy there, whatcha want? To go? Be my guest, ain't no one gonna stop you. Are we? So just put the, uh, little one down, and you can be on yer way. Sound fair, compadre?"

Catching the goblimon's attention with her words and actions, Cori watched as the thing levelled its club threateningly, but hesitated. Apparently whatever intelligence it had was reasoning that the idea was a solid one. Keeping her eye on the goblin, she watched as he looked away to the right, down a path, and took her chance. Leaping forward, the knocked the club off to her right sending it clattering across the path. A moment later she kicked up, yelling for Nick to catch as her boot knocked the goblimon's hand up and sent his hostage flying into the air. Following it up, Cori sent her right fist clean into the goblin's nose, staggering it backwards as it held its face.

"You saib I coulb go!" it cried, voice muffled by its hands.

Cori just cocked her head to the side, gesturing to the path it'd looked at. Taking the message, the goblimon took off, only slowing for a second to reach for its club, but Cori's words made sure that didn't happen.

"Go on and git, and just let me see you grab that club. I'll catch you up and give yer hide such a beating yer grandma's gonna feel it!"

Turning to her companion Cori saw that he had managed to catch the smaller creature, and despite a look of guarded mistrust the little ball thing thanked Impmon and left him looking quite pleased with himself. The turn around was notable as not just Cori but Impmon too were met with a handful of thanks. It wasn't a parade, and many just walked off, but Cori could see it made Nick seem far more chipper.

In the few hours she'd known him he'd told her as much as he could about his home, but Cori had admittedly had most of it go over her head. What had caught her attention was that he was apparently mostly kicked out of anywhere he'd tried to go, so she knew that this interaction was certainly good for him. Personally, though, she just wanted to get to where they were going, figuring this for some weird dream or something. That and if it was somehow real, she could perhaps get a map for figuring out how to go home.

As she came closer she noticed some of the other actual people had arrived, and when her eyes fell on the big lion with the sword she couldn't help but laugh as she spoke out loud.

"Well shit, that settles it, I sure as sugar ain't in Oz, cos ain't you just the furthest thing from a cowardly lion I've seen all day. Well," she started, "Glad to see I'm not the only one having a helluva day."

Feeling a tug at her vest, Cori looked down to see Impmon doing his best to hide behind her.

"Cori, that's Leomon. He upholds the law around here. Maybe we should go before he sees me..."

"Don't worry about it Nick," she shrugged, "Like I said, if anyone has a problem, they can take it up with me."

With the armload of baby digimon brought to safety Ravyn shifted, unsure of what to do. She couldn't really put up much in the way of a fight. It was a miracle in itself that she got away with only a few bruises. "Seems the fighting has stopped," Sorcerimon mused as old grey eyes peered outside. "Let's head on out, I'm certain all of you have questions. I only hope I can answer them" He stepped past her, climbing the steep slope outside.

Sword sheathed, Leomon held onto the arm that hung uselessly at his side. Blue eyes scanned the damage that had been done to the village. Most of the fires were already going out. He could see a gomamon helping to put out a few of the more stubborn ones. But where had the gomamon even come from? Sure, there was a Pukamon living in the village but he didn't seem anywhere near evolving yet.

Actually...

There was suddenly a lot of Rookie level digimon in the village. Each one seemed to be with one of the humans too. Could they have had something to do with it?

"Well shit, that settles it, I sure as sugar ain't in Oz, cos ain't you just the furthest thing from a cowardly lion I've seen all day. Well, glad to see I'm not the only one having a helluva day."

At the Tamer's voice, Leomon turned to look at the approaching pair. He studied Impmon for a moment before noticing how he followed and clung to Cori. While unusual for that particular digimon, it made it unlike he was one of the little devils that made a mess of their food stores last month.

"Well, you certainly look a little worse for wear." Sorcerimon commented as he made his way over. The unsteady digimon using his staff to keep from falling.

"Sorcerimon, you should be-" Leomon found himself cut off by the older digimon.

"I'm perfectly fine, thank you. Besides, there are injuries that need tending to." Sorcerimon nodded to the guardian's shattered arm. His staff glowed as he moved closer, the glow soon washing over Leomon's injured arm and mending it. He stepped back to observe his work before nodding. It would be some time before it could be used at its full strength, but the limb wasn't useless anymore.

Nodding, Sorcerimon turned to look at the group that had now congregated around the tree. For the most part it seemed their unusual visitors had made it through the ordeal relatively unharmed, with only two having obvious injuries. He first hobbled over to Amy, ignoring any protests from her and Monodramon as he took her injured hand. While he did manage to mend the wound, healing it hurt much more than the injury itself did. A scar was left in its wake.

"I knew healing humans would be more difficult, but I didn't think by that much." Sorcerimon murmured as he took a few steps back and sat, clearly drained. "I'm sorry it hurt… I would have said something had I known that would happen."

"So, um…" Ravyn shifted as she spoke up, not sure how to even go about things. Hell, the last time she tried to step in and take over in a sense it hadn't exactly gone too well… Caused more problems than anything, really. "Sorcerimon, right? You sounded like you had some information for us earlier…"

"I probably can't answer every question you have, such as why you were brought here, but I'll answer what I can."

Meanwhile…

A small digimon ran through along the river towards the village. His breaths were heavy as his small legs carried him as fast as they could. He'd started running the moment the thick plumes of smoke began rising over the horizon. Please don't let me be too late… Ash floated down the stream beside him, making the water murky.

The little digimon skidded to a stop as the village finally came into view. "No… no, no, no." This was all wrong. He'd worked so hard to make it all the way to the island, to find out where the Village of Beginnings sat. He was finally supposed to get some answers.

Instead, he found a ruined village waiting for him.

Feel free to ask any questions to Sorcerimon/interact with the others. My next post will bring Arc 1 to an end.

Darya De Lucia
Lopmon​
Sitting under the cluster of saplings, it was hard not to watch as the village burned. Flames licked the houses as they slowly died out and ash fell like snow. Lopmon trembled in Darya's arms. She rubbed the rabbit's soft back, trying to comfort her. "I'm sure everyone made it out safely," she watched as the roof of a house fell in on itself. "Once the fires are out, I can stay and help all of you build new houses. I'm pretty good with tools."
Lopmon sniffled and wiped her eyes with one of her long ears. "I'm such a baby."
"No, you're not."
"I am too! I cry all the time and--"
Darya turned the Digimon to face her. "You're not a baby. You saved me from something very scary. And now you have to wait for help. None of that is easy, and seeing your home on fire only makes it worse. You're allowed to cry and be scared and feel bad, but you're not allowed to blame yourself or be mad at yourself. Feeling means you're a good person. Do you understand?" It was scary how similar her speech sounded like the one her dad had given her after her mom ran off.
Lopmon wiped another tear from her eyes and nodded.
"Now," Darya looked around the open grass. She could make out a small group of people gathering near the large tree, "how about we go over and see if anyone else needs our help. It'll be better than sitting here." She stood up, brushing the grass and dirt from her pants. A dull ache throbbed in her knees and elbows but she ignored it. They would heal, eventually.
"Darya-mon," Lopmon bounced beside her, her arms outstretched like a toddler on a trampoline, "will you carry me?"
Smiling, Darya picked her up and cradled her like a baby as she started across the grass. She recognized Ravyn and Leomon as they drew nearer. Darya sighed. They were okay. That was a good first step.
"Are you alright?" She moved to Ravyn's side, eyeing the older-looking digimon that stood nearby. "Do you know if anyone else made it out?"

KageYuuki KageYuuki

Oh good... it was the weirdo who had asked her to hit him. That was wrong on so many levels. Who did that? It was just downright unwholesome. He must be really messed up in the head or perhaps had been dropped on it when he was younger. Jupiter did her best to ignore him, hoping that he would go away in time. When he didn't Jupiter was forced to tune into what he was babbling about... something concerning a shoe. Wait, her shoe! The posh French girl whipped around, her attention instantly locked onto him at the mention of her expensive shoes. Unfortunately it turned out he didn't have the shoe, angering her, but the distaste was somewhat softened when his digimon appeared with the shoe.

Jupiter had been surprised by the creature, frightened even, but she regained her composure and took the shoe from the seal-thing while at the same time trying not to touch his dirty claws. At least he was friendly, unlike those ugly things that had tried to make off with her purse and burn her alive. That reminded her; the striped lizard... bear.. creature... was still following her. Jupiter glanced back to find it staring up at her with those beady eyes and quickly snapped her eyes away. Dammit... she could not shake this thing!

Both Jupiter and her plus one followed after Otonashi, one having no where else to go and the other seemingly having nothing else to do. The creature hadn't moved an inch for Jupiter, but when Gomamon tried it had gotten up... lazily... but it still counted for something. Jupiter was for the most part okay with the situation until Otonashi grabbed her hand.

"What are you d- eeek!" Jupiter let out a girlish cry of alarm when Otonashi began running towards the giant tree, forcing her to sprint with him or fall over "No, no, no! Stop this now... Stoooppp!!!"

It took a great effort for her to keep up, her long legs flailing underneath her frantically while she kept pace with his mad dash. He was short, but man could this guy move when he wanted to. The wind flowed through her blond hair and tugged at the frills of her dirtied dress. With her free hand she clutched the strap of her purse, barely noticing the tiny trinkets and mysterious berries that fell out of it every time she would scramble over an uneven patch of earth. Creature noticed them, and would stop in his tracks every now and then to happily stuff a berry into his mouth. He never let Jupiter out of his sight however, and always kept his amused gaze on her. It was hard to tell if it was just the cat-like snout of his pelt, but he almost looked to be wearing a subtle smile.

When they had made it to the tree -- and after a long time of recovering from that surprise cardio workout -- Jupiter took the chance to sort through her bag. It had been stuffed with pilfered trinkets and berries which she promptly tossed onto the grass beneath her (much to the joy of Creature, who happily ate the berries). She was in the process of emptying out these useless items when she came across a strange looking device. It was yellow on the front, where a screen could be seen, while the underside was white with blue veins streaking across it like marble. It almost looked like one of the vintage phones her father had shown her when she was younger. Jupiter contemplated throwing it away just for that reason, when she caught a glimpse of some wretched girl in the reflection of the screen. Her heart stopped and she put the device back into her bag so that she could forage for a make-up mirror.

She looked at her reflection for no more than a second before letting out a high-pitched scream of undiluted disgust, dropping the tiny make-up mirror onto the grass below. If she didn't look upset then, she certainly removed all doubt when she began to fan her face with a hand.

"Oh...my...god! My make-up!" she stammered breathlessly before running her fingers through her hair, her face contorting in disgust when she pulled out a leaf. "My hair! Eck, this will not do. Don't look at me, I'm a mess!" There was a clattering of various plastic containers while she searched for her salvation.

The pelted creature had seen the mirror fall down and took a moment to crouch down and pick it up off of the ground. With utmost delicacy he pried it open with his claws and looked at his reflection, gnashing his fangs and turning his head from side to side to get a view from other angles as Jupiter had done. Then he stuck out his tongue, which unfortunately for him drew Jupiter's attention.

"Tsk! Give me that!" she snapped, swiping the mirror from the creature. "Keep your thieving little paws to yourself! Hmp!"

The next few minutes were entirely devoted to reapplying make up and brushing out the tangles (and other unsavory filth) from her hair. It wasn't the same as a shower, which was dearly needed, but at least she didn't look like she had been dragged through a bush backwards. It would do for now.

Pretzel Heart Pretzel Heart
(thanks again for helping me out ^_^ Otonashi is so kawaii)

Lilly's eyes widened even as her pupils shrank to tiny dots of horror as Heinrich woke up.
She had knelt down to try and help him which put his face dangerously close to hers after he sat up.
His joke certainly didn't help either.

Lilly's face quickly turned blood red as she scooted away spouting "förlåt ! förlåt !" (Sorry ! Sorry!)
Eventually she stopped using words and only vocalize in tiny squeeks.

Palmon was just about to correct her friend that she didn't look 'weird'
She looked awesome.
But then she saw her new Hu-mon friend was acting strange.
Palmon ran up to her rapidly scuttling away friend and asked "hey, what's wrong? You look redder then a Tentomon."
Lilly's embarrassment only grew with Palmon drawing attention to it.
She hid her face with her hands and didn't even realize the others that had arrived at about the same time.
She remained quiet as the others took charge, which was common for her anyway

It was then the group decided to head to the great tree that Palmon had the idea to speak to her in thier 'secret language'.
She wasn't sure how or why she knew it; but what she was sure of was that only her and Lilly seemed to know this 'seedish'

As they walked Palmon tried to comfort and pry information out of Lilly in Swedish.
And after several attempts Lilly finally started giving short answers.
Eventually the Palmon spoke up in English saying "wa?! So you've got the hots-"
Lilly firmly covered Palmon's mouth with one hand and chastised with the other. "var tyst! Det är oförskämt-" (be quiet ! Its rude-)

This time it was Palmon cutting Lilly off by pointing at the others and the attention she was drawing.
A mutual understanding was silently gained as the two stopped bickering and marched along with the others to the great tree.

Once there, everyone was again reunited.
The now rookie level digimon, and all the humen, or Humons as some of the digimon called them.
While a good number of baby digimon crowded around the weakened Liomon, it was very clear that each human had a Digimon that seemed attached to them.
Everyone seemed to have a little partner.
Even Lilly who was usually slow to make friends already felt a bond with Palmon.

When Sorcerimon offered to answer questions Palmon waisted no time in asking "What kind of Digimon is a Hu-mon?"
Lilly groaned as she pinched the bridge of her nose.
Palmon defended her case saying "what? I mean this can't be your champion form? So what are you gonna be? Some kind of flower..Like a Rosemon?. You've a'll got colorful blossoms on your heads like me."
Lilly whispered "I told you that's hair"
Her whisper carried all the annoyance of an embarrassed older sister.

While a bit misguided, Palmon did bring a good question.
What is a humon..err.Human.?

AMY WARREN
...Q and A...
Nodding, Sorcerimon turned to look at the group that had now congregated around the tree. For the most part it seemed their unusual visitors had made it through the ordeal relatively unharmed, with only two having obvious injuries. He first hobbled over to Amy, ignoring any protests from her and Monodramon as he took her injured hand. While he did manage to mend the wound, healing it hurt much more than the injury itself did. A scar was left in its wake.

"I knew healing humans would be more difficult, but I didn't think by that much." Sorcerimon murmured as he took a few steps back and sat, clearly drained. "I'm sorry it hurt… I would have said something had I known that would happen."

Amy hissed sharply and snapped her palm and back as her palm lit up with a painful, burning sensation. "Don't mention it,"she muttered through gritted teeth, before opening her palm to study the thin, silvery line left behind.

This isn't so bad, Amy thought. If I get home and still have the scar, I'll know this wasn't all some crazy dream.

"Not bad!" said Monodramon approvingly, peeking over Amy's shoulder to get a look. "Scars are proof of how tough you are! To be honest I couldn't let someone with no scars at all be my rival,"

"Yeah I bet there were tonnes of other applicants to that role." Said Amy, rolling her eyes.

"It's not about appli-whatevers!" Monodramon shot back indignantly. "If you're strong everyone who's strong is your rival!"

"You just said someone who didn't have any scars could be your rival!" Amy shot back, sounding frustrated. "What if someone is strong but doesn't have any scars?"

"No way," Monodramon shook his head confidently "You can't be strong without fighting in tough, manly battles and getting a bunch of scars!"

"YOU DON'T HAVE ANY!" Amy practically shouted as her frustration boiled over. "YOU WERE A BLOB LIKE TWENTY MINUTES AGO!"

"Yeah well I'm working on it!" Monodramon shot back, crossing his arms over his purple chest defensively. "It's not my fault the goblimon were too weak to give me any!" Then he cast his gaze around the gathered digimon with their partners. "You guys just got stronger as well right? Don't you wanna see who's the toughest now?" Mondramon held up his claws in a rough fighting stance, bouncing on his feet like a tiny, reptilian boxer. "C'mon! Come at me! I'll take you all on at once! That way you might have a chance hah!-Garkh!"

Monodramon's boastful taunting was cut off sharply as Amy slipped her arms under his and caught him in a shoulder lock. "Nobody's taking anybody on," she said grumpily, over his angry spluttering.

"Garrgh Lemme go!" Monodramon protested, his smaller arms preventing him from getting any leverage over his human captor. "I need to fight and get tougher!" He locked eyes with the other rookie digimon, doing his best to looking intimidating despite his predicament. "Screw it I'll fight you like this! You think I need my arms to beat you up? No way, not even a challenge! C''mon fight me!"

Lukanis Williams​
AMY WARREN
...Q and A...

Amy hissed sharply and snapped her palm and back as her palm lit up with a painful, burning sensation. "Don't mention it,"she muttered through gritted teeth, before opening her palm to study the thin, silvery line left behind.

This isn't so bad, Amy thought. If I get home and still have the scar, I'll know this wasn't all some crazy dream.

"Not bad!" said Monodramon approvingly, peeking over Amy's shoulder to get a look. "Scars are proof of how tough you are! To be honest I couldn't let someone with no scars at all be my rival,"

"Yeah I bet there were tonnes of other applicants to that role." Said Amy, rolling her eyes.

"It's not about appli-whatevers!" Monodramon shot back indignantly. "If you're strong everyone who's strong is your rival!"

"You just said someone who didn't have any scars could be your rival!" Amy shot back, sounding frustrated. "What if someone is strong but doesn't have any scars?"

"No way," Monodramon shook his head confidently "You can't be strong without fighting in tough, manly battles and getting a bunch of scars!"

"YOU DON'T HAVE ANY!" Amy practically shouted as her frustration boiled over. "YOU WERE A BLOB LIKE TWENTY MINUTES AGO!"

"Yeah well I'm working on it!" Monodramon shot back, crossing his arms over his purple chest defensively. "It's not my fault the goblimon were too weak to give me any!" Then he cast his gaze around the gathered digimon with their partners. "You guys just got stronger as well right? Don't you wanna see who's the toughest now?" Mondramon held up his claws in a rough fighting stance, bouncing on his feet like a tiny, reptilian boxer. "C'mon! Come at me! I'll take you all on at once! That way you might have a chance hah!-Garkh!"

Monodramon's boastful taunting was cut off sharply as Amy slipped her arms under his and caught him in a shoulder lock. "Nobody's taking anybody on," she said grumpily, over his angry spluttering.

"Garrgh Lemme go!" Monodramon protested, his smaller arms preventing him from getting any leverage over his human captor. "I need to fight and get tougher!" He locked eyes with the other rookie digimon, doing his best to looking intimidating despite his predicament. "Screw it I'll fight you like this! You think I need my arms to beat you up? No way, not even a challenge! C''mon fight me!"
Having just caught up with the remainder of the group, Luka and Renamon slid to a stop and panted slightly–well, slightly in Luka's case, while Renamon didn't seem to be much fazed, although her chest still rose and fell heavily. Luka slowly dropped into a kneel on one knee, a hand pressed to his chest as he tried to regain control of his breathing. The rush from his earlier anger and adrenaline from standing up to the Goblimon had started to wear off, and he was distinctively not used to this much fast motion.

Renamon, when she saw Monodramon acting up, rolled her eyes and just turned away from him, instead focusing on watching her partner. She quirked a brow, and he glanced up to meet her eyes with a slight smile. "I'm fine," he said. "I just need a moment."

"Thank you." He stared at her and she clarified, "For reassuring me. I was concerned; having to kneel seemed like a bad sign. I was afraid you were going to be sick."

Luka chuckled and shook his head. She's like a big child in a way. Aloud, he said, "I'm just not used to moving so fast. The last fight I'd been in was against only one guy, and it was months ago. I haven't been keeping up with my exercises lately, getting ready for... other things, instead."

Renamon simply nodded and looked over to Sorcerimon. Slowly, she walked over to him and asked, "Your healing powers... Can my species learn to utilize them, or something skin to them...?"

KageYuuki KageYuuki

Heinrich
A snort was all that came from Heinrich with lily's freak out, along with a small smirk. Little one was cute, though he couldn't quite place the language she was speaking. "it's alright, no need to... Apologize.." he guessed, but there were more important matters at hand. The group was heading over to some common place to meet up, not that he was going to complain, they needed to regroup after all of that shit. No doubt some people were hurt, more than he was for that matter, and they likely will need some of this gauze he has within his apron, you never know when you could cut your hands deep enough to warrant them, especially when cooking. Proper medical attention was crucial in times of emergencies.

But for now, he had to follow and meet with the others, he had a few questions in mind to ask that Lionman once he was able to find him... if he survived this attack.

And so, after some words between the groups, the lionman and the... Sorceri...mon... Heinrich got a good look at the rest of the group, none worse for wear naturally, his little friend was currently taking a ride upon the front pocket of his apron, sticking her three holed expressionless face out like a plant based wierd looking kangaroo baby. But thankfully, as there were an immense amount of questions, the Sorcerimon offered to answer any they might have. Heinrich was about to rattle off a few... But the others went before him.

And naturally.

They all missed the point by a mile.

Not a single person asked the crucial questions they needed to damn well know.

Its as if the very important questions never came to their minds...

At all...

Heinrich took in a very, very, very deep breath before letting it out, naturally, he had to be the one to push them forwards. Leave it to the german man to be the workhorse, leave it to him to face the big scary lionman with fire powers and a sword without pissing him off, leave it to him to ask the important questions they should be asking from the start. Would this be the ongoing trend? Would he need to do most the important shit?

It's almost like he never left work at all.

"...Perhaps... We should focus on the more important questions at hand. As in, how did we get here? How do we leave this world? And why does this place even exists if we're not all sharing some shared nightmare. I shall be frank, we do not belong here, and in truth, I'd like to find the best way out of here as soon as possible... I have things that are relying upon me back home, and I would like to return to them..." Like work and his god damn muffins.

"...And why is this world so very dangerous... And... what exactly happened to the little ones?" he sighed, looking upon the village and the dying fires all around. Just what drove those creatures to attack this village? And what happened to his little seed friend? It was apparently lalamon now, do they often change shape? Does he have to change what name he uses each time?

That... could get annoying...

Otonashi Keiran and His Highness, Prince Gomamon

As soon as Gomamon's prediction proved true, bringing the strange smattering of foreigners and Digimon into view, Otonashi lost interest in his exercise partner, dropping her hand to wave energetically at the others. At least until he remembered that...well...they weren't exactly friends, and it was doubtful any of them had been awaiting his arrival, if they had even realized he was gone at all. The realization stung a bit, but he decided not to let it damper his mood. Now that everyone had reunited, Keiran had another chance to find out the truth behind these foreigners. Who they were, where they came from, and, most importantly, how hard they could punch him in the face. Other than Heinrich, he still didn't even know any of their names. There was even one woman with a funny accent that he would have bet one of his rare choco melon pan hadn't been there before. Not that it wasn't impossible he had simply overlooked her or forgotten, with so many things happening in such short succession.

Which seemed to be the case again.

Perhaps befriending his own partner had given Otonashi a renewed sense of confidence, because he was showing absolutely no reservation in bouncing around poking his nose into everyone's business and appraising their companions (the fact that he was still on an adrenaline rush after nearly drowning, getting into a fight, and sprinting to the tree probably didn't help). Some of the new Digimon looked like bunnies and talking flowers (kind of lame in his book, he was happy he didn't get stuck with something like that), a little purple dragon and cat-looking thing (now that was getting warmer), and...a full-grown battle fox!!?

Despite the fact that, by this point, Otonashi was somewhat enamored with the big metal claws and fish-commanding powers that had saved his life, there was no doubt that the tall yellow fox was cool...much more up his alley than a talking seal. Not to mention, from the way her and her foreigner were speaking, it seemed as if they had been up to some incredible action. Damn...he was a little sad to have missed it.

With a somewhat disappointed look, the would-be high school student turned back to his own Digimon, who had, at some point, slipped away from curiously eyeing the blonde woman's makeup routine to help put out the lingering fires. Seeing the inviting spouts reminded Otonashi that he was still pretty damp, and the cold glitters of the gushing water made him want to run through them and get wet all over again. Gee, Puka would sure be useful to have for the hot Tokyo summers! If only Keiran could take him out of the game and bring him back home, he would be the neighborhood favorite in no time! That is, if people could overlook the fact he was a talking mutant thing.

Still, their battle earlier could have been even more awesome if only Puka hadn't been so focused on trying to stop him in the first place. Otonashi pursed his lips. Watching how well everyone else seemed to be getting along with their Digimon, he really wished his wasn't such a busybody and worrywart. There were only going to be more fights going into the later levels, he assumed...were they going to have to get into an argument every time he wanted to join in the fun? Because that would kind of defeat the point.

Speaking of arguments...

"C'mon! Come at me! I'll take you all on at once!"

Otonashi's spiraling attention was grabbed by the little dragon wrestling with a green-haired girl. Thinking it might be easier to get to know some of the other Digimon than their unfriendly partners, he slid up to the pair with a wild sparkle in his eye.
"Which is kind of unfair...isn't it?"

"Oh, pick me! Pick me! I wanna fight! Though...I'm already, like, twice your size. ずるいよね。。。"

"Zurui yo ne..."

But before Otonashi could get into it with his mismatched rival, its foreigner was already wrangling it away.

"Maybe next time, then--"

"I'm gone for two minutes and you're already getting into trouble!"

Otonashi's own handler had suddenly appeared behind him, giving him another thwack on the shin. Which hurt a lot more now that he had claws.

"Ow!"

"イタ!Is that gonna be, like, a thing with you?"

"Ita!"

Otonashi bent down a bit to rub his smarting leg, but Puka had already launched into lecture mode, losing any last trace of coolness in the human's eyes.

"Didn't you hear what Sorcerimon said? The time for fighting is over. Now that we've regrouped, we should be focused on gathering data."
"Geeze..."

"まったく Puka. You really know how to kill fun."

"Mattaku"

"For the last time, it's not Puka!"

Gomamon was more than a little worried that if Otonashi Keiran kept spouting off nonsense, the other humans would get the wrong idea, and he would be stuck with the nickname forever. He was quite proud of his newfound ability to Digivolve, even if he didn't completely understand what had caused it, and didn't need a constant reminder of the weakling he used to be.

With a sigh Otonashi turned towards what he assumed was "Sorcerimon" - in other words, a little kid in a wizard costume who had been speaking to the others, trying to "help." Well, Otonashi thought that giving people cool scars was pretty useful, even if some of his companions might disagree. He briefly wondered if he should cut himself open so that he could be the one to try it next.

A few of the others were taking the kid up on his more prudent offer of information, spouting out questions which Otonashi found boring and Gomamon thought were entirely missing the point.

Until...

"What kind of Digimon is a Humon?"

Gomamon's whole body practically perked up, a smug expression spreading across his face as he pushed through the crowd to take center stage.

"They're not Digimon, Palmon. They're from an entirely different realm of existence which I believe runs parallel to our own: the Human World."

Sorcerimon had always been something of a...mystical presence in the village. Gomamon doubted not that he knew of many things, vast and wonderful, and he would be lying if he said he wasn't a bit jealous of how much the other Digimon relied on him. But did Sorcerimon know how much fungi could grow on a Miracle Fruit Tree before it stopped being able to flower? Or the metallic content of the vending machines in the forest just outside the village? Or the percent decrease of water flow in the river system over the past year--!!? Gomamon thought not!
In other words, he was very proud to show off any knowledge he had before Sorcerimon could butt in and steal the show.

But before he could launch into a full-on tirade detailing his "years of research," he was interrupted by more questions. Much more reasonable ones, this time, come from a very tall human with a frame not unlike Leomon's.

Heinrich.

Otonashi was similarly delighted by the man's return. Not just because he was the strongest-looking one out of their group, and therefore prime fighting material, but because he felt a certain kinship at actually knowing his name. However, at Heinrich's long line of questioning, he merely laughed.

"Haha, now you're talking just like a..." he paused, he knew there was a word for such things...what was it again...? "one of the game characters. You know the VR demo will end as soon as it's done, right? So let's just enjoy it till then. Bring on the next fight! Hya hya!"

Otonashi punctuated this with a few punches into the air while Gomamon just shook his head, as if to apologize to the others for his partner's sad antics. Otonashi sure sounded sure of this thing he had literally just made up a few hours ago. But he was one to trust in his own twisted sense of logic.

Trying to ignore him, Gomamon faced the tall human to continue,
"Indeed. I am also very keen to learn the path to the Human World. But I can answer one thing for you: The process which you are wondering about is actually known as Digivolution. It's a very important natural phenomenon wherein--"

Otonashi snapped out of whatever strange dance he was doing just in time to slip a hand around Gomamon's mouth, effectively serving to both shut the creature up and make him angrily squirm.

"No one likes a know-it-all, Heika. Maybe we should let that little kid take this one."

Against all odds, whatever shred was left of Otonashi's understanding of social interactions had finally kicked in as he worried that his blabbering Digimon would put them even more at odds with the others.

Last edited:
Darya De Lucia
Lopmon​
Darya watched and listened as the others gathered together. It seemed like a lot of the digimon had transformed during the skirmish just like Kokomon. When the one started shouting about fighting the others, she unconsciously lifted Lopmon a little higher, keeping her out of the creature's reach. Thankfully the girl-- Darya didn't catch her name-- was able to hold it back.

As always, it was Heinrich who made the most sense. At least someone is. She really couldn't say as much for the young man who still insisted this was a video game. What was his name? Oto . . . something? What exactly would it take to convince him this was real?

"I have a question," Lopmon pipped up, raising one of her ears to get Sorcerimon's attention. "Can the hu-mons stay?"

Darya stared down at the little rabbit. She sighed. Leaving Lopmon was going to be hard, but she had to get home. What would Maverick or her father do when they found her gone? It would devastate them. "Lopmon, I told you, my brother. . ."

Lopmon twisted to face her. "You made it here. We can go to your home and get your brother and the two of you can live here with me." She faced the others again. "Right Leomon? If they got here, then we should be able to go to their home, right?"

KageYuuki KageYuuki

Sorcerimon: An Attempt at Answering Questions
The eyes of the tired Digimon moved from one Tamer to the next as he patiently awaited the first question. Unfortunately, chances were pretty high that he wasn't going to be able to actually answer very many of them. A fact Sorcerimon was painfully aware of. The wait at least gave him a chance to get a better look at the Digimon that accompanied almost every human.

They'd all evolved in the short amount of time that passed since the strangers had appeared in their world. Seems there's quite a bit of merit to those old tales... He caught a glimpse of the look of confusion that crossed Jupiter's features as she looked at her Digivice. Though horror quickly replaced the expression once she caught a glimpse of her own reflection.

Finally though, it seemed someone had taken to his offer of answering questions. Granted, it wasn't exactly the first question he'd expected to hear. But, the curiosity on these newcomers was indeed warranted. Sorcerimon rested his staff across his lap as he listened to one of the other Digimon quickly jump in to answer for him. Gomamon - until just recently Pukamon - had always held an insatiable curiosity. He'd bombarded the older Digimon with questions on numerous occasions in the past. It was of little surprise he'd jump at the chance to share what he'd learned. "Gomamon is right, they aren't like us at all, nor are they from our Digital World."

He was about to continue where the excited Rookie had left off when he noticed Renamon approaching with a question of her own. "Learn to heal? No, I've never heard of such a thing happening with any Renamon or Kyuubimon I'm afraid." The only other Digimon he'd heard of carrying a similar ability were the Angels. Ah, to see even one in person...

"Hm?" He looked up at Heinrich as the older man began to voice his own questions. It was hard to miss the irritation he carried in his words and actions. Sorcerimon sighed, here began the questions he knew he couldn't fully answer. "I wish I knew... I truly do. Whatever brought you out of your world is something far more powerful than all of us in this village combined. Perhaps the very work of Yggdrasil itself."

He tilted his head at Heinrich's next question, "Well, why does the human world even exist? No doubt like many humans, many Digimon have tried to find the answer to such a question. I can't say anyone has ever found an agreed upon answer."

Otonashi's laughter drew his attention away from the beginnings of a philosophical debate. Sorcerimon sighed, shaking his head, "I'm afraid this is anything but a game. Digital World or not, I rather doubt that a human can be reborn in the same way a fallen Digimon can." He looked over at the squirming Gomamon, "Though I get the feeling convincing you of such won't be an easy task..."

Then Lopmon spoke up, waving one of her ears in a bid for his attention. That attached already? Perhaps it was a good thing though... "I'm afraid not, this isn't their world. You would likely have a difficult time getting along if you were suddenly thrown into the human world, no?" Sorcerimon shook his head once more, "I'm not so sure your appearance here is an accidental one, however."

A frown tugged a Ravyn's lips, she'd been quietly listening to the barrage of questions and answers, not sure of what to even ask herself. The questions that had been on her mind had already been voiced for the most part. Not that the Digimon was really able to answer any of them. "And what gives you that idea?"

"Similarities to old myths on this island. Humans suddenly appearing in the Digital World with devices capable causing a Digimon to evolve? Quite a coincidence if you ask me..." Though, had such a thing really happened before? Or was it foretelling of things to come?

Ravyn shifted uncomfortably, "And what did these humans do in those stories?"

"The answer varies depending on who's telling the story. Though a few details seem to remain the same." Sorcerimon picked up his staff and pointed to the distance. "Infinity Mountain always played one role or another. If I were a betting Digimon, I'd say there's a good chance of finding some more answers there."

If their gaze were to follow where the staff was pointing, the group could see the form of the imposing mountain in the distance. The tallest point on the entire island, Infinity Mountain could be seen from just about anywhere.

"So... we have to head there?" Perhaps slightly more concerning, they were probably going to have to climb the thing. While Ravyn was never all that great at judging distance, it went without saying their best chance for more clue was several miles away. It would take days to walk there.

What were they going to do for food or supplies in general?

The attack on the village proved not all Digimon were friendly and willing to help them out. The smaller ones that seemed to cling to them didn't exactly seem like they could put up much of a fight if they had to...

Sorcerimon slowly stood, "I'm sure it's a lot to take in. I wish I had better answers for you, but for now, Infinity Mountain may be your best chance. Ah, but it's getting late and it's been a long day. Come, why don't you eat and rest for the night? I'm not sure how much we can give in terms of supplies, but your new partners will prove invaluable in surviving out here."

Ravyn looked at the others defeatedly before starting to follow him. Rest was probably a good idea, a chance to actually try and wrap their minds around all of this. But what were they supposed to do?

She sure as hell didn't know... and she was too drained to even try and act like she did.

"Ravyn!" A small voice's excited cries snapped her from her thoughts and back into the strange world she found herself stranded in. A small creature - No, Digimon - ran towards her, beaming up at her with bright cerulean eyes. She wasn't entirely sure what it was supposed to be. Orange and cream in color, it honestly looked like a giant hamster with bat wings for ears... "I found you- I wasn't too late." He gasped, collapsing just within arm's reach. "When I saw the village, I thought all that work was for nothing..."

"Slow down," Ravyn knelt by him. "Who are you?"

Finally catching his breath, the small Digimon slowly stood. "I'm... Patamon."

"Pata-" She found herself cut off as the device that replaced her phone began to vibrate. Pulling it from her back pocket, Ravyn blinked as she noticed the thing was no longer a dull gray. Now white and deep blue, the screen had finally come to life a robotic voice issuing forth.

Tamer Ravyn Cooper and Digimon Patamon registered, Digivice now ready to use.

"Digivice...?" Maybe the others had something similar happen to them? It would explain the Digimon now following them around. With any luck, this Digivice might even be able to give her some answers.

As the others begin to follow behind Sorcerimon, Wizarmon quickly caught up to Jupiter and began walking alongside her. "You seem to be in need of a hand," he said, nodding towards her broken shoe. Without waiting for a response he reached out for it, a glow enveloping his hand. The same glow quickly spread to not only the broken shoe, but the good one as well.

In just moments both shoes were whole once more, albeit a little different. Gone were the sharp heels, replaced by something far more suited for walking long distances. "You'll thank me later," he mused, breaking away from the group to return to picking up the pieces of his ruined village.

We've reached the end of the first chapter! Gather 'round for a short interlude with food, likely more questions, and finally letting your poor characters actually introduce one another. Once morning comes, the group will be setting out in a whole new world to explore.
Orikanyo Orikanyo Pretzel Heart Pretzel Heart Pequeno Burraidh Pequeno Burraidh AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy Seraph X Seraph X V viska Kimiwriter Kimiwriter Juju Juju

For some time the group went on like this; joyous reunions with new friends after a disaster.
It reminded Lilly of how the whole town would come together after a blizzard.
It personalized things for her to realize just how real everything was.
That to these creatures, this wasn't some video game.
This was their homes, their lives.
Even trying to stay back from the crowed she couldn't help but get caught up in the emotion of it.

Palmon tugged at the side of Lilly's shirt and ask "hey, why are you crying? Your ankle still hurting? I can ask sorcerermon to help."
Lilly shook her head and wiped her eyes.
She crouched down to Palmon's level and gave her a hug replying "your so good.. In fine. Its just been a hard day"
Palmon sighed and replied " ja I'm beat."
Shouting to Leomon, Palmon said "Can we eat now? Pleeease?"
The other young digimon seemed very exited about this idea; so a small meal was cobbled together.

Soon all the digimon were happily scarfing all manner of strange looking fruits and vegitables.
With no time to cook any meats, some of the more carnivorous digimon would be dissapointed.
Picking at her food, Lilly felt very awkward eating with a group of strangers.
Lilly decided that the best idea was to actually know who these people are.

Setting her fruit down she cleared her throat and said "um.. Excuse me."
Her face felt like it was on fire as the eyes began to turn to her, but she was in too deep now.
Without a way out she just blurted "Min name..its Lilly. I uh. I'm from Sweden."
It was awkward but it got the point across.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back