File Island

Amy Warren
...Don't know why I fucking bother...

"Literally all I want is for nobody to die close enough to me that I feel responsible for it," muttered Amy, she was more or less talking to herself now, since literally half of the group had stormed off in a huff, still it was important to vent, it was at least making her feel better. "Dunno how far somebody's gotta have their head up their arse to see that as some kind of attack on their personal liberty but here we all are,"

"If ya wanted to attack 'em you shoulda just said, they didn't look that tough!" said Monodramon, trailing slightly behind her with his claws laced behind his head.

"Not what I meant," Amy said, sighing. "Even if it would have felt really fucking good," Amy broke off suddenly, frowning a her ears picked up a whispering, rushing sound emanating from up ahead.

"is that a river?" Amy had jogged for a while to catch up with Ravyn who, as far as Amy had seen was the only person who demonstrated any kind of head on their shoulders. "You don't think those idiots would try to randomly cross at the first point they get to do you?"

KageYuuki KageYuuki

Skylie Lavigne
"Can we all just not today?"

Skylie couldn’t help but feel annoyed that the others on the riverbank were being such wimps about it. It was just water. Perhaps if they’d lived on the streets and had to deal with sleet and filthy alleys, they would understand. But judging by the surprised look on Blue’s face when she whipped out her daggers, they had no idea how hard it was to survive on the streets. They were going to die if they weren’t careful.

There was a moment of pause between Jacket’s response to her flippant comment and her reaction. While her cheeks flamed, her jaw clenched. “What the hell does he mean by that? What kind of insult is that? He didn’t even get a good look at my eyes.”

Agumon sighed. “Skylie, I think he was being nice.”

“That tone wasn’t nice. It was insulting.” A part of her suspected that in actuality, Jacket had been attempting to flirt with her. But since she hadn’t actually encountered that for years, she couldn’t be sure. If he was flirting with her, he had a death wish. The last boy who tried to flirt with her was just trying to take her alley. He was still limping from the beatdown he’d received afterward. And before that…

No. No use thinking about that.

What was really insulting was that Darya seemed to think she was in danger. Um, hello? She didn’t know the definition of the word. A snort escaped her before she could stop it. “If I missed a bridge around here, please let me know. Otherwise, I’m going to keep going.” Blue also interjected, though his insult came in the form of thinking the seal thing could save her. This time, she didn’t comment, though she very much wanted to.

About halfway across, her back started to hurt. “Agumon. What the hell have you been eating?”

“What? What’s that supposed to mean?”

“You’re heavy. And I’m a thin girl who’s lucky if she gets a meal every two days. Never mind. I’ll fix it.” Agumon started to ask what she meant, but he was flying through the air before he could. Skylie had thrown him with the same deftness she had her daggers, but this throw was a bit clumsier. He was heavy, dammit.

With that weight off her back, Skylie was able to wade across the rest of the river without major incident. She stumbled once, but she just ducked under the water and came back up once her feet were under her again. Meanwhile, Agumon had a mini heart attack. When she reached him, she accepted his…hand? He helped her emerge from the river, dripping wet and mildly pissed off about being colder than the coldest day in Philly.

But her daggers were more important. She ran over to the tree she had thrown them at and recovered them, hugging them to her chest. “Thank goodness you’re safe.” To Blue, Darya, and Jacket, she called, “I would say it’s a delightful swim across, but that would be a lie. Stay there or come across, I couldn’t care less. It’s just water. To Agumon, “You okay?” He hastily nodded, and then she turned back to the other side of the river.

She threw one of her daggers at Jacket’s head. It embedded itself into the tree behind him, a purposeful miss. No way was she adding murder to her list of crimes. “That is for the insult.”

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel Kimiwriter Kimiwriter Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul

Coding by AnimeGenork AnimeGenork

Otonashi "Not-So-Shoujo-Hero" Keiran and Heika

Visibly brightening at the fact that the blonde bothered to answer him at all, the Tokyoite flashed her his signature grin, hand subconsciously scratching the back of his head. "Oh, most times I don't have to ask. I get that for free, eheh~"

For a moment the woman added nothing more beyond refusing to face him and furiously tapping her arm. Otonashi peered curiously down at the phenomenon, wondering if perhaps she was some kind of musician whose composition he had interrupted. Just as he was about to sheepishly apologize and slink away, she continued, causing the light to blink back on in his eyes.

"Jupiter!" he exclaimed, wanting to test the strange name on his own tongue. Something about it sounded familiar...like something his mom used to talk about...... "ね...isn't that...oh! The tree planet! Nice! We both have weird names. Happy to meet you, Jupiter!" It was the English word for the big brown and red planet they had looked at through a school telescope once. But more importantly, the it was the name of a character of a popular tv show. He was sure he wouldn't forget it.

Exuberantly he offered his hand, barely remembering that's what foreigners did when they met each other. Or was it kiss...? He was about to lean in and find out when something muttered under Jupiter's breath caught his attention.

"Wait...what was that? Know your father? Should I? I don't think I know any foreign men... unless he's good-looking... I don't even know my own father! Other than he's some rich guy from France. That's what my mom always used to say. I never met him, so I have no idea! Though sometimes I'd sit in Shibuya and look at those huuuge TV screens where they show all the fancy foreign ads and think 'wow, what if that's my dad!?' Pretty funny, right? I bet he's never even heard of me! Wait, are you saying you know my dad!?"

Somewhere along the way he had, as usual, gotten caught up in his own thoughts, though he suddenly broke free from the train, not realizing that the blonde had already long had her fill and was on the verge of sneaking away. With a look of panic he whirled to find her-- just in time to see her mid-air, arms flailing.

"Jupiter!" Using the lightning-fast reflexes that had won him many a beautiful punch to the gut, Otonashi gave in to pure instinct, flinging himself in front of the girl to catch her mid-fall. For moment they stood suspended, the force of her trip sending a comfortable weight against his chest. "H-Hey. Are you alright?" It couldn't have lasted more than a second, but to Otonashi, it was a dazzling eternity. Time seemed to slow to a complete stop as his arms naturally fell around the slight form of her waist, the gentle sweet of perfume and sweat wafting from soft, golden locks pressed into his face and neck. It felt......comfortable.

Wait.

He was. Holding. A. Girl.
A very pretty girl.

He could feel the fire of blood wind its way from a frantically fluttering heart to alight his face. He couldn't believe that someone like him could suddenly end up like-- like some kind of hero in those shoujo manga Ayumu jokingly told him to study to learn about girls! He could practically see the rose petals and sparkles surrounding them. She would look up, they would lock eyes, and--

It would be one perfect moment~

That did not last.

The force of one tall European in a lurch was too much for the short, malnourished youth to handle as he could feel his own legs beginning to give way beneath him. His arms were full, meaning he could do nothing but shout as he stumbled backwards, sending both parties unceremoniously tumbling to the rocky ground.
"Owiiee"

"おうちちー"
"Ouchichi-"

With stars in his eyes Otonashi rubbed his throbbing head, wondering if today was the day he'd finally find out it really was possible to die of embarrassment...

"Why!?"

The simple word came out in a harsh snarl. Doubly harsh as it was the first thing Gomamon had heard from his one-time friend in...he couldn't even remember how long.

Why indeed...

Why.
One syllable. Three letters. Hardly an afterthought in a lexicon that included such beautiful strings as 'duplicity' and 'misjudged.' And yet...it was over such a small, insignificant thing that the most important relationship in the young Digimon's life had crumbled. At least...that seemed to be the crux of it, given one of the last conversations they had ever had. But in the end, Gomamon never really did find out what he had done to drive Tentomon away. It was just like before...how it always went......watching someone's back growing smaller and smaller as they receded towards a place he could never follow. Never fast enough. Never strong enough. Never smart enough.

But that was fine, he had told himself. He still had Sorcerimon. He still had plenty of youngsters in the Village who looked up to him, who came to him, and not Tentomon, for guidance. The smartest Digimon in the Village of Beginnings! He'd tout proudly with his puffed-out chest. But that was only because...the one smarter had decided to leave......

And now here they were. Together once again. Under such circumstances that Gomamon could have never dreamt of and yet...somewhere deep in a heart which had always been drawn to the legends of yore, had always known. Gifting him with a whole group of colorful humans to back him up. What better proof that he had been right all along? That his research wasn't useless. That he wasn't stupid. That he had worth.

As Arthur and Tentomon spoke, the scholar reminded himself of how far he'd come. Even over the course of a single day. He was Digivolved now. Tentomon's equal. He decided to no longer feel intimidated. After all...time had proven his choice to be correct.

Upon the insectoid's introduction, Gomamon allowed his bright green eyes to take in the tall, messy-haired human next to him. The man's eyes were...fascinating. Something which none of the others seemed to possess. And not just for their colors. There was a spark in them. Something that dreamed...that wandered. It was like gazing into a reflection of his own soul. And automatically Gomamon found himself liking this 'Arthur.'

In comparison...

"I only hope you have more open-minded ones."

A half concerned, half pitying expression on his face, the little white Digimon turned to find his own human, standing awkwardly with face bright red, babbling on to the...ahem...beautiful girl they had met the day before. Whenever Gomamon tried to gaze into Otonashi's eyes, there was no reflection. Only an opaque wall he couldn't see past. Perhaps because there was nothing there to see.

"Open-minded is one way to put it..."

He continued to take in the dopey, careless smile of the boy that seemed to have never known a moment's doubt. That same face that constantly deflected examination. "I'm not the hero type..." Maybe so. But Gomamon could not forget how, without a moment's hesitation, he had thrown himself before the Goblimon, jumping around them as if life itself was just a meaningless game meant to be twisted to one's own whim. There were just so many oddities...contradictions...logical fallacies...... Otonashi Keiran was everything he had always dreamt of finding. A living, breathing human. The one he had known the moment he laid eyes on, as if deep inside realizing that meeting this boy was the reason he had been born. But why? He wanted to know everything about him. To interrogate and probe and dissect.

He guessed in some ways, he was still like Tentomon after all...

Turning back to the two, a calm, contemplative expression on his face, he cooly answered the Digimon's questions.

"There are approximately eleven pairs of us now. With your addition that makes twelve. Sorcerimon directed us to the top of Infinity Mountain. The humans...they want to know why they're here. And how to get home. But..."

His eyes flicked over to where Patamon had followed his partner.

"...there's something else going on here. Larger than any of us can understand alone. We'll need to work together, with our humans, with other Digimon, to figure it out."

Tentomon's path towards knowledge was a lonely one that Gomamon had no desire to follow. But now...with so many variables left unknown, they might not have a choice but to join together once more. To find the answers to the questions they both had spent their entire lives chasing.

Focusing on Arthur he continued, "Welcome to the Digital World. I'm sure you'll have much to get accustomed to. Most of us have already been together for a day, so I can answer any question you might have of me." Their experiences back in the Village, fending off the Goblimon...that was something Tentomon had missed out on, giving Gomamon no shortage of satisfaction. "As for introductions, among Digimon kind it is only polite...but do as you wish. I have a feeling we shall get to know one another, regardless. Even if our group has already started to scatter... Really, I would feel safer if we all stuck together. And got along." Using this sentiment to try and bury the last of his gloom, he did his best to smile courteously at the newcomer, "I'm Gomamon, by the way. And that," he added, gesturing proudly behind him, "Is my own human, Otonashi Keiran. He's..." something positive was on the tip of his tongue - perhaps about his companion's naivety optimism or stupidity valiance in battle. But whatever words he might have said froze in his mouth at the sight of said companion laying sprawled and useless on the ground "right over there."

With a resigned sigh, Gomamon began to plod over, ready to, once again, clean up the boy's mess. Until he realized that this time the blonde woman was also, quite literally, tangled up in it. Thankful that thick white fur masked the deep rouge of his cheeks, the tiny Digimon found a new strength as he rushed over as quickly as his clumsy flippers would allow, delivering a satisfying smack upon his wayward human's head.
"Ow!"

"痛い!"
"Itai!"

"Just what have you been doing to this fine lady?"

"D-Doing!? I was helping!"

"Helping. I see. So that's what you humans call it. My lady, I apologize for any inconvenience my uh...compatriot has caused you." Once again finding a mysterious and sudden sense of elegance, the seal-like creature did his best rendition of a bow in the woman's direction.

"H-Hey! Don't use big words against me! That's just unfair!"

"Otonashi Keiran!"
"Y-Yes sir!"

"は-はい!" Years of the Japanese education system caused his body to automatically go rigid and upright at the authoritative tone.
"Ha-Hai!"

"This is Arthur and Tentomon."

"Oh," Eyes wide with curiosity, he looked past Gomamon to take in the new pair he had barely had time to acknowledge through all the commotion. A giant bug and another foreigner. "He's kinda cute. Could use some muscle, though..."

"They're going with us to the top of Infinity Mountain."

"エェ? I don't want to travel with a gross bu--"
"Ee?"

"We're leaving. Now."

Trying to handle the stress of reuniting with Tentomon and looking after twelve very different and very confused humans (including one particularly troublesome one) was finally beginning to take its toll. Gomamon had a lot of things on his mind, and he didn't need childish protestations to be yet another.

Hooking his claws into the boy's shirt, the Digimon began to show an impressive feat of strength as he began to drag him past the rest of the group to follow where the others had gone ahead. Despite not really taking a side on the whole argument earlier, he would be lying if he said he wasn't paranoid about their health, and meant what he had said about wishing they would all stay together. The very fate of his world depended on their survival, after all. And, as much as he didn't want to admit it...Tentomon would be an invaluable companion in that regard. With his knowledge of the wider Digital World, and Gomamon's own research on File Island and the humans, there was likely nothing that could stump them or get in their way. That is...if they could indeed get along. But for now Gomamon wasn't really in the mood to focus on that. Insecurities getting the best of him thanks to Otonashi's ridiculous display, his face grimmed into the determined frown it took on whenever he was faced with a particularly challenging puzzle that he refused to be budged from until solved. Not even if Angemon or Devimon began shouting at him.

Or a whining teenage boy...
I can walk! I can waaaaaalk!"

"歩け! 歩けぇぇぇ!"
"Aruke! Arukeeee!"

With another sigh he reminded himself that, for better or for worse, Otonashi Keiran was his partner.
Even if he was an extremely embarassing one...

Claws still full of wriggling human, Gomamon looked back decidedly at the others.

"So. Are you coming? I don't want to get left behind."

Juju Juju Oswald_C_Cobblepot Oswald_C_Cobblepot @ whoever else is even there idek anymore​

TAMER
c125f83012a30f3d5cfdd01b9e653e66.jpg
Renzo Takahashi

Location File Island, Infinity Foothills
Tags QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel Kimiwriter Kimiwriter AnimeGenork AnimeGenork
Was that a knife? It was. She threw a fucking knife at him.

Just a few moments prior, Darya answered virtually all of the questions he asked. It was nice. Except it didn't make sense whatsoever. This world looked and felt incredibly real to be a 'Digital' world. Actually, this brought up a thought not too different than one he just had. What pretentious genius named this world 'The Digital World'? Was it the same dumbass that named a random town the Village of Beginnings? If not for the fact there were freaky, talking creatures, Renzo would immediately believe this was some poorly orchestrated LARP'ing session from the roleplay club at school. But Hell, even they made ACTUAL NAMES for their fantasy villages. Gary Gygax was rolling in his grave.

The recurring theme found here was that everything just had "digi" in front of it even though that made no sense whatsoever. Little creatures running around? Digimon. How did they work? Were they like different species or...? Also, why didn't the Digivice work? What did it actually do? On that note, was there a Digidex anywhere? Maybe a Digipedia? A lot of questions flowed through his mind, mostly sardonic thoughts about the world and the answers he got. He was stuck somewhere between believing this was an elaborate rouse or that these people were conned.

SWOOSH

The fucking knife from Hoodie girl.

Oh no. Renzo walked over to the tree it was embedded in, ripped it out, and held it for a solid minute minute."Alright, firstly, fuck you, lady. This is mine now," he shouted from across the river. While he was frustrated before, the raise in his voice and fantastic emphasis on the f-bomb dropped clarified that he transitioned into straight anger.

He turned towards Skylie, watching her just in case she decided to throw another, but in the same motion took a spot beside Darya. Rin cocked a neat little attitude with him when he answered, despite virtually telling him the same thing. All things considered, Darya was easily his best choice right this second. His voice quietened as he replied to her, "Yeah. Yeah, I'll go with you. Not like I have anywhere else to go right this second. Same boat as Mister Kuromoto over there."

Darya De Lucia
Lopmon

"Geez, are all humons this crabby without their coffee?" Lopmon muttered, gesturing at Skylie across the river.

Darya frowned. She considered sending a biting remark at the girl with the attitude but decided against it. Insulting someone who could throw a knife like that wasn't the best idea. "Sometimes." Looking up river, Darya scanned the river banks for anything that might indicate a crossing place. None that she could see. Downriver didn't look any more promising either.

Renzo agreed to go with her and Darya nodded, giving a friendly smile. "Great. I'll try to explain things as we go," a necessary promise but one she also dreaded, "first things first, getting past this river." She turned to Rin. "Did Sorcermon draw a bridge on that map or are we on our own?"

Lopmon leaned out of Darya's arms and waved at Renzo. "Hi, I'm Lopmon. Why don't you have a partner yet? Don't worry, there are lots of digimon, I bet you'll find a cool partner soon. But it'll probably be a bigger digimon; there aren't too many babies out this far." She tapped her chin with her paw, "but if they don't already have a partner, how could they digivolve so soon? They must be really tough and a lot older than Gummymon and me if they're already rookies. Darya-mon, how did you digivolve without a partner or can you do it on your own?"

Darya sighed. Yeah, this felt like babysitting.

Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel ( AnimeGenork AnimeGenork mentioned)

Rin Kuromoto

"No bridge that I can see," Rin replied, eyeing the blue swiggle Sorcerermon had drawn on the map. A simple indication of a natural landmark, nothing more. He pointed to a spot on the map near the river. "I believe this is where we are." He dragged finger to the center of the map where Sorcerermon had drawn a large X. "Our destination is all the way over there--to the center of the island where the tallest mountain resides."

"Yeah, that's Infinity Mountain alright. You can kinda see it in the distance too!" Gummymon had wiggled out of the bindle cloth and made it's way across the stick to settle on Rin's shoulder while it peered at the map.

"The shortest route is across the river and to keep going east until we reach the foot of the mountain. We can head upstream a bit to see if there are any bridges or shallower water to cross, build a bridge ourselves, or follow Hoodie Girl's example."

"Hehe, she was so cool! Did you see how she threw Agumon? She looks smaller than you, but I think she's stronger than you Rin~"

"If we follow her example, I can easily throw you over there, Mochi." Rin replied. "Then you can stay with the girl that tried to kill her own kind while we slowly wade across."

"..."

Rin continued. "Otherwise we can avoid crossing the river by heading north along it until we reach this...lake?" It was hard to tell with Sorcerermon's drawing skills. "Go around it, then head south towards the foot of the mountain. It's a pretty round about way of traveling, but it would avoid crossing the river if any of us are uncomfortable with it."

"Are you uncomfortable with crossing the river, Rin?"

"I'm not. But if we don't find a bridge, I won't be wading across the river with my clothes on, so I might make others uncomfortable."

"Why?"

Rin didn't respond, looking instead to Darya and Renzo, his gaze lingering on the guy with the biker jacket who had a dagger thrown at him from across the river. The guy was understandably angry, but didn't seem particularly frightened. Either he was used to sharp objects being thrown at him or his anger drove away any fear he might've felt. Rin himself didn't understand why the Hoodie girl had thrown the dagger girl at Renzo. It had sounded like a compliment to his ears. Yet she had apparently taken Renzo's words as an insult and reacted violently.

Reddish-brown eyes flickered across the river towards the dagger wielding girl. If that was how she responded to insults, he wanted less to do with her than the green haired one. At least he wouldn't have to be worried about a knife in his back with Abrasive Green Hair. He did want to return home to Akane quickly. However, there was no point in rushing towards his death. Caution was needed in an unknown world. With unknown people. Besides, unlike the Darya's brother who was a minor, Akane could take care of herself. Rin didn't have it as hard as Darya. Therefore, if she wanted to take the quickest path to the mountain he couldn't fault her for it.

"Humans are so silly. Worried about the strangest of things," Gummymon said to Lopmon cheerily when it seemed Rin had no plans of responding to its inquiry. Leave the humans to the planning. It would just go wherever Rin went anyway. "Pretty sure they don't digivolve either. At least, I know Rin can't. If Darya-mon could, that would be really cool! Like the girl that threw Agumon! Must've been nice to fly..."

Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul
Kimiwriter Kimiwriter
AnimeGenork AnimeGenork

Last edited:
Arthur S. Poe

We are our choices.
Jean-Paul Sartre

A lot had happened. And Arthur was just referring to the events unfolding after his (un)timely arrival amongst the group. His insect companion seemed to have a history with a curiously looking seal with a punk hairdo. The seal's partner seemed like the comical relief, despite seeming even more curious than the strange white Digimon. The others were talking about a bridge. And a sorcerer... -mon? ''Who's Sorcerimon?'', Arthur asked Tentomon, using a moment of pause during his conversation. This is all too much, honestly. I need James. Desperate thoughts streamed through his mind, a feeling of undefined fear and cosmic helplessness, as if he had been thrown in some twisted, carrollian version of a H.P. Lovecraft story, where all the horrors of human insignificance in the cosmos were represented by cheerful, yet still utterly weird, characters and events. The melancholy was starting to kick in, unwanted, unneeded even... but the blue color of his strongest, yet weakest emotion was slowly enveloping his soul and it his eyes. He blinked.

"...there's something else going on here. Larger than any of us can understand alone. We'll need to work together, with our humans, with other Digimon, to figure it out."

Tentomon was interested. Putting aside the feeling of uneasiness, Tentomon started pondering about his... friends'?... remark. He would not admit that, not even to himself, but he was somehow happy to see Gomamon once more. The self-imposed ostracism was not a difficult burden for him, but he had, for the first time in a while, enjoyed the presence of company; firstly, it was Arthur, now - his only friend. He cut through the whirlwind of emotions and composed himself, knowing quite well that his friend would instantly detect the flicker of humanity (or Digimonity?) in his poker-like demeanor. ''Are you referring to the... secret... or whatever he had named it... Sorcerimon was telling me about? If so, then there is no other solution but to head to the top of Infinity Mountain. Or are you thinking on an even larger scale?'', Tentomon asked.

He was somewhat proud of his friend. Now being peers, Gomamon had developed a certain authority that came with a Digivolution. He still had much to learn, but Tentomon was impressed. The ''Little One'', as he used to call him while they were still in the Village, was not a potential leader, compensating what he lacked in knowledge with determination and courage, something Tentomon had lacked even at this very moment, when his gathered knowledge was, practically, in its then-possible peak. Tentomon was not a leader. He was not interested in such a role, but even if he had been, he was, it seemed, lacking the necessary traits.

''Are the rest of them reliable? They seem... scattered... to put it mildly'', the insect asked.

Eavesdropping on the relatively important conversation, Arthur was observing the lot. That's all he had been doing since he came - observing. The introvert in him kicked in, withdrawing in a secure shell, wanting to first examine his surroundings, before making a move. The little white seal, Gomamon, was introducing the two of them to the incomprehensibly strange Japanese boy. Arthur waved, nodding slightly. He made his first... friend. How childish. Should they hold hands now and walk in pairs? The Japanese boy might even like that; he smirked. But then, a thought hit him. Gomamon was referring to pairs and partners. Was Tentomon his partner? The others seemed to have developed a bond between them, something deeper or, at least, something based on a real event. Tentomon and him, well, they just - met. He woke up and the insect was there. Arthur was, as it seemed, actually trespassing. He bend down and whispered to him: ''Listen, Tentomon, are the two of us... partners? I mean, like the rest of them? Am I... your... human?''.
digimon-adventure-1-episode-10.jpeg
The question came as a shock to Tentomon. It was a good question, probably the most sensible the boy had asked since their meeting. Were they partners? How could he even know? He looked at Gomamon, as if wanting his help, but he wasn't sure that his friend would be able to help him. He then remembered an old book that contained some details about the relationship between humans and Digimon. ''Do you have a Digivice?'', he asked. ''A... what?'', Arthur was puzzled. ''A Digivice. Trust me, you're going to need it here. It's a small device that has certain... features that could provide useful. Do you have one on you?'', Tentomon explained.

He felt anxious. Why? Did he want Arthur to be his partner? Or did he want the exact opposite? The solitude he had been living confused him. He had no clue about what he wanted. Gomamon seemed happy with his partner. He was more complete even in that way. But would he really be happy... with Arthur? With anyone, for that matter? There should be a degree of compatibility between a Digimon and his partner, but was there such a thing between him and Arthur? Was their meeting just a coincidence, meaning Arthur was yet to meet his partner and Tentomon was to be left... alone... again? The thought horrified him. Could Gomamon see that? Cold he feel his emotions?

''I don't think so. The only thing I should have with me is my...'', Arthur said, grasping for his coat pocket but suddenly stopped. He was going for his mobile phone. It should have been there. Based on the weight of his pocket, it even was. But, when he felt the device in there, he was confused. It was nothing familiar to him, but it was - there. He slowly drew the device out, only to establish that it was not his mobile phone. Utterly bewildered, he showed the device to Tentomon and Gomamon. ''Could... this be... a Digivice?'', he asked. When pointed to Tentomon, the device seemed to react. The insect smirked. ''Well, then'', he said, relieved. ''Does this mean we're... WOAH!'', he suddenly exclaimed pointing to a scene in the background.

There was a girl, obviously furious, throwing a dagger at another boy. ''Did she just... WHY did she just throw a dagger at him?!'', Arthur exclaimed looking at Tentomon. Instinctively, he ran to the boy. ''Are you alright? What happened?'', he asked, panicked. There was a girl next to him. He nodded. ''I'm sorry... I'm so impolite. I am Arthur. I seem to be the... new guy around here'', he said, somewhat constrained. He looked in the direction where Dagger Girl had been standing. ''Does she need attending to? I mean, is she alright?'', he asked finally.

Tentomon observed the whole scene with much interest. So, the boy ran. He also has something, not necessarily leadership skills, but that specific heart, that sense of comradeship... he would jump in front of an enemy. He's an idealist, as strong as he is frail, but more perfect because of that. Exactly because of that. And what am I? A bookworm? A collector of knowledge. Useless, as it seems, in addition to all. He looked at Gomamon. Heroes, all around me, yet I... I seem to be a coward. That has to change. ''It seems my boy has spunk, doesn't he, Little One?'', he asked Gomamon.

Pretzel Heart Pretzel Heart
AnimeGenork AnimeGenork
Kimiwriter Kimiwriter

Last edited:
It would seem salvation was at hand. Someone had caught her. Jupiter let out a tiny gasp of surprise and looked up to see who had come to her rescue and found none other than Otonashi staring back at her. She never thought she would be relieved to see that face. Why, she felt like she was floating on air... until she realized it was because she was actually falling. In no more than a few heartbeats, rescue turned into disaster.

Fortunately for Jupiter, Otonashi had cushioned her fall, but he was so scrawny it felt more like sitting on an enormous spider. It was a poor choice of analogy but by the time she realized her mistake there was no going back. She couldn't stop herself from imagining his bony limbs as spidery appendages and the more she did the more convinced she was that his skin was turning cold and clammy.

She pulled her arms to her chest, hands balled into fists, and let out a small squeal. "Oh my god. Gross, gross, gross! G-get ooooffffffffffff!" Strange, considering she was the one practically laid on top of him. Her mind wasn't even on the fact that he had actually done something incredibly kind for her, all she could think of was how bad she looked right now. Her ears turned such a bright shade of pink that they almost matched her dress. What would people think if they saw her associating with the likes of him! Her reputation would suffer! It would not do... even if she wasn't even sure who "they" were anymore. With impressive speed she pushed herself into a standing position and backed away from Otonashi's sprawled-out form.

"Oh my god, that did not just happen!" she whined as she frantically checked herself over for any signs of dirt. The seal offered a formal apology to her but Jupiter only shook her head. "It's too late now."

Now she had to salvage the situation. Step one: check clothing. Step two: check appearance. After dusting off her dress, which had miraculously remained untainted, she quickly fished out her makeup mirror and assessed the damage. Thankfully everything was still in prim shape except for a few stray hairs. She meticulously ran her fingers through her golden hair, using the mirror as her guide, and that's when she noticed a blurred figure just beyond the mirror's silvery edge. She snapped the lid shut with a satisfying click.

Tall, dark hair, dressed in a dapper raincoat. Perfectly coordinated with a bow-tie. Could it be? Someone with actual taste? She could almost cry out of joy if she wasn't so worried about her mascara running. Negative points for the messy hair, though it admittedly didn't look bad on him. She hadn't realized it until now, but he actually had two different colored eyes. Never had she seen such a thing before. Oh la vache, she thought. (wow. Usually in admiration)The seal introduced him as Arthur Poe, giving her a chance. Jupiter prepared herself for an introduction of her own, and with a small smile growing on her face she opened her mouth...

...but the words never came. The fashionable newcomer had already entered a conversation with the bug hovering in the air beside him.Jupiter chewed on her lip and ran her hands continuously through a single lock of her hair, inspecting it with such a deliberate gaze one would swear it was the only thing left in the universe. Creature, it would seem, was the only one who caught this and cocked curiously.

It's not like she wanted to talk to him or anything, anyway. Introductions were a hassle full of small talk and unnecessary information. Besides, he was more than likely just some middle-classer with a rich-man's taste. Those sort of people who act it out just enough to fool others into thinking they had it all.

Soon the talking manatee spoke again and Jupiter was reminded of the situation. Right, they had to get going. She readjusted her purse and followed behind.

--------/// TO THE FRIKCEN RIVER! =D \\\--------

When they eventually caught up with the others, Creature forged ahead of his partner, seemingly drawn out of his usual lethargic pace by the sound of rushing water. He dropped onto all fours and with slow, cautious movements, edged closer to the river until he could see into its depths. For a human, it looked to be waist-deep in some of the better parts, but to one of his stature it was above his head. Only his horn would reach above the swirling current. Such a revelation didn't seem to sit well with the digimon, for in a sudden bout of instinct he backed away so quickly he slammed his back into Jupiter's legs.

"Ow! Hey, watch it!" she hissed as she shoved him off. "God, why did I get the stupid, clumsy one?" All she had to do was lift her head to realize what had caused him to jump back. Right in the middle of their path was a flowing river. There was no bridge in sight. "Oh just perfect. What? They can have giant lion-men who can shoot fire but a simple bridge is too much for this world?" Out of the corner of her eye she spotted Skylie making her way THROUGH the river. "What on earth is she doing?" she said in disbelief, only to realize that the others might be stupid enough to follow the girl's lead. "Oh, I am not wading through that water! It's absolutely filthy and there's probably worms and... and.. centipedes or something! I mean, some of us may need a bath more than others, but this is a little much. I'm so not going in there, this dress is dry-clean only and I'd rather not ruin it any more!"

Oswald_C_Cobblepot Oswald_C_Cobblepot
@literallyanybodywhowantstoheartherichgirlcomplain

Ravyn Cooper and Patamon
Ravyn could only quietly watch the rest of the scene play out before rubbing her eyes with a pained groan. Rin had clearly taken great offense to the mere suggestion they try and stay together. Sure, they were in an unknown world that didn't quite work like they're own, full of creatures that could easily kill you. But god forbid you even suggest telling someone what to do. Fuck trying to survive. He was definitely going to be a pain in the ass.

...Actually, that spoke for a majority of the group it seemed.

You can't save everyone . . . you can't save everyone . . . So why was she even bothering? Ravyn pulled off her dark jacket, the heat in the forest was almost becoming oppressive. Or was that just because she was stressed and on the verge of decking someone? Without her jacket on the sleeve tattooed on her arm was clearly visible. Reminiscent of the traditional image of a dragon fighting a tiger, only a ninetailed fox took the tiger's place.

"Dried up? What do you mean? What happened to the other Digimon? They couldn't definitively locate the source?"

Patamon sighed at Gomamon's attempted whispering. At least he was trying? "A... lot of Digimon ended up searching for new places to live." His voice lowered, becoming barely audible, "Most of my village ended up dying..." The small digimon shook his head, "We never found the cause. The main water source was... corrupted. Like something had eaten a lot of its data."

Noting Arthur's confusion, Ravyn stopped and sighed. "Sorry, we're all kind of in over our heads here-" Amy suddenly spoke up, looking to her. Now that she listened, she could also hear the running water. They couldn't possibly be...

Who was she kidding?

"Shit, they probably are." Her pace picked up considerably.

Patamon followed after her before stopping and looking back at Gomamon. He had finished talking to Tentomon and was trying to Kieran to catch up. Patamon ran back to them, "Hey, you swim in the rivers a lot? You know a safe place for everyone to cross?" Sure he could fly, but he didn't think he could even carry a single Digimon across the width of a small creek. Forget trying to cross a wide river that way.

Ravyn glanced behind her, noticing that Keiran and Jupiter were already lagging behind. She didn't even think when she turned around, "Oi, Otonashi-San, ikuzo!" Only after the words left her mouth did she wonder why the hell she chose to call back in Japanese. Sure, Kieran clearly spoke the language. But she was far from conversational in it aside from a few very basic sentences. Hell, was that even correct?

Now wasn't the time to figure it out. Shaking her head a little, she turned and continued out into the clearing just in time to see Skylie throw a knife at Renzo. "You know, Amy, I'm not sure I'm more shocked by another newcomer or the fact someone actually waded across." That said nothing of the fucking dagger that had just been hurled back into a tree.

As the large group alternated being dumbstruck frustration and more quarreling, many likely wouldn't notice the younger boy stumbling over the nearby hill. Dark skinned like Darya, he even had the same curly hair. "Darya?" He called, hesitant and tired.

Kimiwriter Kimiwriter AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy V viska Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul Pretzel Heart Pretzel Heart Juju Juju Oswald_C_Cobblepot Oswald_C_Cobblepot Shadow Alpha Shadow Alpha QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel AnimeGenork AnimeGenork I really need to make a taggin macro. Also, holy shitm Kage did the thing

((Sloppy 4AM post is sloppy but you can't stop the hype--))
Otonashi Keiran and The Glorious Return of Heika, Goldfish Prince!!
"Geeze, Puka."

"まったく Puka. You like, really have to stop being so pushy..."
"Mattaku"

But Otonashi was grumbling to himself, his Digimon having once again scampered off elsewhere while he continued to scrape off the last of the dirt his poor uniform had accumulated from its most recent trial. Added to the tear in the shirt sleeve from the night before was now a handful of minor slices into the thick wool of the oh-so-precious jacket itself, doing wonders to dampen Otonashi's constantly oscillating mood. And what did he have to show for it? The blonde woman-- Jupiter, he'd have to recall, had treated him worse than the particles he was now brushing off, jerking away without so much as a 'thank you.' Not that he really expected thanks, especially after messing up. It was just so disappointing that he had a disgusted girl on top of him and couldn't even get a simple solid slap out of it. Just...words. And as the old saying went, those tended to hurt the most. In all the worst places...

At least he had gotten another of those closely-guarded names from the handsome new foreigner. His already red cheeks deepened in color as he remembered the way the man had waved at him. Yes. Actually waved. Like what friends did upon matching eyes across bustling Hachiko Square, or to wish each other a cheery farewell until the morrow when they were sure to see each other again. Because they...you know, were happy to.

Man...he couldn't even remember the last time he had received such a warm welcome from a stranger, and just remembering it already had his mood floating back up to its optimistic surface.
Heika (His Majesty) and... Mr. Bug are friends, huh...? I like, totally hope that means Arthur and I will get to see more of each other, too~!

陛下と... he couldn't actually remember the name of the large very uncute insect... 虫さんは友達だよね......ウチもアーサーをもっと見ることができるというこだぞ〜!
Heika to... Mushi-San ha tomodachi da yo ne...? ...Uchi mo AaSaa wo motto mirukoto ga dekiru to iu koto da zo~!

The thought that he might actually make a bonafied (human) friend in this strange and wondrous game was the greatest hope he had received since tumbling into it (well, second to the prospect of getting fire-punched by a giant buff lion man).

And it seemed like he would need one, with his first first friend being rather...preoccupied with all the new arrivals...

"What's on top of Infinity Mountain? I...don't actually know." Gomamon tried to hide his jealousy that Tentomon and Sorcerimon had shared information he was not privy to, continuing brusquely with a serious tone, "Yet it must be somehow relevant, if that's where Sorcerimon suggested we go. But...our problem extends even beyond File Island, I'm afraid."

The two Digimon were keeping in stride, falling into an easy pace that was simultaneously alarming, at least to the younger. How long since they had been able to walk together like this? While he was curiously observing Tentomon, nothing seemed...out of the ordinary. It was as if he felt the rift that had formed between them didn't exist at all. Well, that was all very fine and well for him, Gomamon supposed. He hadn't been the one left behind. But...if he could just overlook that fact......well, it was kind of nice. These kind of bittersweet moments...

Of course Tentomon had been interested in what he had to say. His insatiable curiosity that he somehow had the strength to place above all else. And yet...was there not something else there? Darting in and out of his awkward pauses, the slightest off intonation of a word? But Gomamon didn't want to get his hopes up. It was mere accident that had reunited them again, and necessity that was keeping them so. Likely, if Tentomon had his way, he'd already be far ahead of their motley crew...

"The Patamon over there told me..." here he gave his own pause, reluctant to finish the statement. With Arthur and Tentomon's sudden arrival, he had unceremoniously abandoned the Digimon in the midst of such an important talk. Which he felt no small amount of guilt over. But also...a part of him was terrified to probe deeper into the ominous words he had said. It really is just like the legends... "...on the mainland, places are dying." He again made to tactfully lower his voice, doing his best to whisper without the actual skills to do so, "He described it as if data is disappearing."

Gomamon was about to motion that the two of them should go speak to the Patamon to interrogate him further, when they were interrupted by none other than Arthur, questioning about 'partners' and 'Digivices.'

"Actually, 'Digivice' is an archaic term, likely a placeholder to refer to relics of yore. The name of this instrument is an Eye Phone Seven Plus. Each human seems to have come with one, and, upon meeting their...yes, Digimon partner, I suppose you could say, it activates, accordingly."

He nodded at the changes Arthur's Eye Phone had undertaken, the pride in his knowledge evident through the smug tone of his voice. After all, he had been dutifully using Otonashi Keiran as his premier research subject, something which the other, younger, less data-oriented Digimon were likely to take advantage of. So he was eager to show off the first fruits of these studies. Come to think of it, he hadn't been able to spend much time examining the Eye Phone itself- technology had never been his forte, his interests being much more in tune with the natural world- but as an important human artifact, of course he was dying to know what it contained.

"It appears to know detailed information on each Digimon it encounters, and, somehow, when used in conjuncture with a Digimon "partner," allows them to reach new heights in Digivolution!"

There was certainly many secrets the small device was hiding. Perhaps that evening then, when all was a bit more...settled down.

At least it appeared their little group had finally caught up to the others.

Instantly relief filled Gomamon to see all the familiar faces intact, though his heart darted at the sight of a dagger being thrown at yet another new human (this one, curiously enough, minus one Digimon). Was it some kind of new threat? Had the Goblimon returned for revenge!? No...it was.....strange. It appeared to be another human on the opposite side of a wide river. The figure was too far for Gomamon to make out any concrete details, but he or she was also an unfamiliar face to him. But a splash of yellow signifying an Augumon accompanying her made him remember the silent, dark member their group seemed to have picked up in the morning.

"My word...Is he alright?"

Getting a knife to the face wasn't the kind of first impression he wanted any human to have of his world. They might get scared off...or worse, think the Digimon themselves too dangerous to introduce to take back with them. And to go to the Human World was one of the things he wanted more than anything...

But Arthur had already run off and was attending to the man, who, thankfully, appeared shaken but not harmed. Prompting, of course, a comment from Tentomon. At the sound of fondness in his one-time friend's voice, Gomamon's fur instinctually prickled. He didn't want to be called "Little One" any more.

"Maybe so. But too much of that spunk, and it becomes rather like a detriment..."

With a small sigh he sought around for Otonashi Keiran. He had been so wrapped up in everything that he had, regretfully, lost him. The flutter of worrying reawakened in his chest until he saw the lone figure walking up, seeming to be fidgeting with that "uniform" he was so obsessed with. Actually...Gomamon had been rather careless about that, and he did feel a bit bad. He could admonish the boy all he liked...but in the end, he had to admit that he had his own impulsive streak as well. Maybe he could find some way to make it up to him. They still had so much to talk about...

But before he could call out to him, the Patamon from before walked up, commenting on their current land-locked state. Gomamon hadn't been paying the river much mind. It seemed to be the source of the little stream he had spent so many of his days relaxing in and studying by...the water had the same sort of...feel to it. Like an aura, he supposed. Or perhaps just something as mundane as a scent. So he hadn't been too bothered by it. But then again...

Looking around him, he was the only water-equipped Digimon. A fact that had plagued his childhood back in the Village of Beginnings...but now was an immeasurable strength. And if all the other human were as useless in the waves as his own, they were sure going to need it. He could feel confidence beginning to creep through him, so rarely replacing the worry and doubt that constantly held him down.

"I can do you one better than a safe crossing point, Patamon. Perhaps you have never met one of my kind before. But we have a...special ability."

Otonashi was jolted from his meandering thoughts by a most unusual shout coming to him from up the path. It was a simple command, and yet heightened by the beautiful, rough language it had been uttered in. The kind of crude words that would only grace his ears on the best of the days after school, by wandering down the wrong alleyway, or into the wrong classroom.

It was...the sound of a delinquent.

And it was Japanese.

With the kind of pure, brimming heart only daring to hope, the boy's eyes whirled around to find the source of this brilliant sound, at last locking upon--

The Militant Woman. But completely transformed. Her cool, biker jacket was now slung over her shoulder, exposing a sleekly embellished arm that was wound with the kind of twisted beauty only the biggest and baddest of the yakuza dared to wear.

One. Badass. Tattoo sleeve.
"Y-Yes Master!" (Meant more like a teacher type master than a butler kind...it's a very formal, manly word probably used by people like Otonashi)

She didn't look Japanese, but then again, neither did he. And who knew what kinds of people the yakuza were recruiting these days? In any case, the woman had gained a new significance in Otonashi's eyes, a shining impression that was sure to last forevermore. "は-はい, 師匠!!" He felt like throwing himself on the ground before her, such was the extent of her magnificence in that moment. Not to mention, yet another who shared his awkward foreign tongue! He had nursed some suspicions, watching her the day before, but she had seemed just a bit too naggy to really sparkle in his eyes. But how wrong he had been... Maybe, just maybe, by standing next to her, she would depart to him just an ounce of that pure, unfiltered クール......
"H-Hai, Shisho!"

But having now finally caught up, there were countless new distractions to save him from making a fool of himself. The party was reunited once more, as those that had gone on ahead were currently stumped by a river, which Jupiter's big, fluffy Digimon jumped back from as if in terror. Otonashi would have to agree. As much as he loved splashing about in water...this was something else entirely. The current looked cold and harsh, as if by just putting his pinky into it it could sweep him away.
"It's not very fun water..."

"楽しくない..."
"Tanoshikunai..."

He looked up at Jupiter, who was similarly expressing her distain for mother nature's audacity.

"Me too. I don't wanna ruin my uniform anymore! And I can't even swim......but...Heika can! He'll help us, won't you?" But before he could search around for his furry friend, his eyes became tangled up in remembering all the other humans present.
"Yahallo~ Kuramoto! Guess 'Ichi Go, Ichi E' is false, huh?" (It's a popular saying meaning "One chance, One meeting," so basically, make the most of every meeting since it will likely not happen again...but in this case they met back up again rather quickly ^ ^)

"ヤハロ〜倉本!一期一会じゃない、かな?"
"Yaharo~ Kuramoto! Ichi Go, Ichi E ja nai, kana?"

He waved blissfully to the only other person who had bothered to give him the time of day. He had, unfortunately, missed the spectacular knife-throwing extravaganza, but he did notice the girl trapped on the river's other edge. He didn't recognize her, but there were plenty of foreigners running around that he could scarcely remember them all. In fact...wait. Was that another new one? Standing besides Arthur?

Taking this as the perfect time to get closer to his potential friend and check out the new arrival, he practically bounded on over, ungracefully sliding into their conversation.

"Don't worry, he's a new guy, too! I mean, I've never seen him. But to be honest, there's a lot of you guys and you're all starting to-- Whoooaa," before he could leap into his typical introduction, Otonashi was struck by the results of a closer inspection of the newcomer's face. There was something in his mein, something...familiar. Not quite a foreigner. Not quite Japanese. He grabbed the man by his arms with probably a bit too much force, allowing him to gaze up in quite close quarters at his face, "Wait. A-are you...like me......?"

Realizing what he was doing, and in front of Arthur no less! he near-instantly dropped the man, darting sheepishly backwards. Though not before he had a good feel of the nicely toned muscles rippling under the man's striking leather jacket. It was something familiar, like what a motorcyclist might wear. In fact, the man's whole ensemble reminded him enough of Ayumu, that he became even more flustered at his faux pas. But getting hit by someone like Ayumu- it was a thought too glorious to even be able to think of!
"I-I'm so sorry! I'm just not used to...Halves..." (Slang term for people who are half Japanese)

"ご-ごめなさい! I'm just not used to... ハフ..." the last word was practically whispered, like an afterthought. It wasn't something he liked to say. Or admit. And here he didn't even know the man's name! Let alone if he was Japanese, or half Japanese.
"Go-Gomenasai! I'm just not used to...Hafu..."

But before he could dig himself a further hole, a familiar nagging voice that he never thought he would be so thankful to hear rang out across the clearing.

"Attention Digimon and humans! All those wishing to enjoy the luxury of the HMS Heika, we're all ready for you to come onboard!"

"ワァァ〜!" In all the distraction, Otonashi hadn't even noticed Gomamon getting ready another one of his rafts. At the sound of those words Otonashi seemed to finish his transformation back into his typical exuberance, practically glistening.
"How awesome, Heika! We get to meet your subjects again!"

"すごいよ、陛下! We get to meet your 人臣 again!" He exclaimed, clapping his hands and running over. "They won't mind us sitting on them?" He looked down curiously at the rainbow-colored fish, wondering where so many of them could have come from, and how they so expertly managed to cooperate for Heika's sake. Well...that was why he called him Heika! To see all those tiny bodies flipping and flopping around...his heart was full of innocence and joy.
"Sugoi yo, Heika!" We get to meet your jinshin again!"

Gomamon, for his part, couldn't have looked more self-satisfied if he tried, standing proudly besides his "creation" with clawed flippers crossed over a puffed-out chest.

"Of course not. They're my friends. Gomamon have a special relationship with these fish."
"Huuh? Friends you say... There's a lot of them, huh..." (He's using "Girl Talk" here too)

"ええ? ...友達かしら...多いね..." Otonashi hadn't realized his prissy Digimon was so popular.
"Ee? ...Tomodachi kashira...ooi ne..."
"Indeed."

"そうです。And I can assure you it's perfectly safe. Much better than risking your health and life by attempting to swim, of course. So I don't want to hear any complaints. Everyone on deck!"
"Sou desu ne."

Otonashi had already experienced the curious sensation once, so he wasted no time in boarding the makeshift raft, trying to usher on the others as well. "I know it's weird, but...better than drowning, right?" Gomamon remained on shore to ensure there were no misplaced feet sending anyone tumbling into the rapids. But as he looked over the group, he saw a strange and tiny figure approaching from the horizon.

"Is that another human...?"

"アラ?" Otonashi squinted, putting his hand over his forehead like a visor to try and get a better look. Whatever it was, they couldn't be very large...

"You're right, there is someone over there! Maybe it could be that cool guy's Digimon! Or do you think it's another person? Halloooo stranger!!!"

KageYuuki KageYuuki
QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel
Juju Juju
@ anyone else who is present so...anybody

Last edited:
Darya De Lucia

"And cue everyone else," Darya muttered as the rest of the party arrived at the river bank. Took them long enough. She turned her attention back to the rushing water, leaving everyone else to do their own introductions. Her biggest concern was to get across the river. Down river might be safer but if the seal-- Heika-- was willing to help everyone across, that might save them time.

"Darya?"

Darya spun towards the voice, searching the jumble of people. Coming towards them was a small, familiar figure. "Maverick?"

She dumped Lopmon into Renzo's arms and ran towards the boy. "Maverick. I'm here!" Reaching him, she caught him in a tight hug. "I got you. Oh god. Are you okay? Are you hurt?" She stepped back, quickly searching for any obvious injuries. None that she could see.

Darya sighed. At least now, she didn't have to worry about him being left behind. She took his hand to lead him back to the group. "Come on. We're going home."

KageYuuki KageYuuki Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul

Arthur S. Poe

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing.
Albert Eintein

After a relative period of stagnation, things were developing quite quickly. Suddenly, they were all near a river. Alive, it seemed. Tentomon was posing questions and pondering things with his friend. People were reuniting. The Dagger Girl was a walking suicide, challenging the deep stream without a moment's thought; the Japanese guy was weird as usual, but seemed mostly harmless; the French girl seemed like all the French - pompous (the irony in the fact that it was the impression of a Briton); and the rest - well - they all had something about them that was different from the others. They had to be a group, though an incoherent one, but they seemed more like an assembly of individuals, put together in some random and seemingly meaningless order, each one of them with their own flaws and burdens, invisible to the others, with absolutely no intent to unite or form a more stronger bond. The big question was - why? Certainly, it had to do something with the enigmatic problems of this world (presuming all this was real, which Arthur, despite losing the initial vehemency, still doubted), but the question as to why exactly them - still lingered. There were 7.6 billion people in the world. Why them?

original.gif
''Why are you humans always making a fuss about everything? It's just water!'', Tentomon was annoyed. The insect could not understand the constant bickering. Humans seemed overly complicated to him. Unnecessarily so. He turned to Gomamom, reflecting on his latest words. ''Disappearing data? The Continent dying? Hm'', he said briefly and looked around. Patamon was near. He excused himself briefly and flew over to the small Digimon, introducing himself more as an explanation, than actual courtesy. In all honesty, Tentomon did not have much interest in the small Digimon, but he was a source of information and that was enough for the curious insect to go over and complete his quest for knowledge.

''Gomamon tells me that you have some information on what is going on around the Digital World? Beyond File Island, I mean. Since we're probably going to have to deal with it in some form, I'd appreciate it if you could help me gather some more information on what's happening? I don't know how much Gomamon has told you, but I've been on a quest for information for some time now, trying to assemble as many as I can about the secrets of our world. If I gather enough data, we might be able to explain certain things'', Tentomon argued in front of the, at the time, unknown Digimon.

He thought he had to present a case. Gomamon knew him and he knew him well. He did not have to explain much as to his motives and actions. Patamon, well, they weren't even aware of each others' existences until a few minutes ago. Why should he trust him? Going from his own point of view, he thought he had to argue his case in order to get what he wanted. But, maybe that was just him? A skeptic safeguarding his database. Maybe the others would be more lenient towards a normal conversation.

Arthur quietly observed the actions around him. When in unknown or mostly unknown company, Arthur kept to himself. He wasn't frozen or paranoid, he just did not see a point in interfering. This was such an occasion. He was somewhere in the background, observing and analysing the people in the group. They are all very different. They act as if they are a group, but they seem to be doing that solely to get away from each other as quick as possible and to return to their usual lives. A sorrowful paradox. This is definitely real... but it might be a game of some sort. Maybe it's a virtual reality system, but how did everyone get here? His thoughts were interrupted by the loud shrieking of a strong French accent. The elegant, blond girl was protesting about the river. How French of her. ''Oh for goodness' sake, Gomamon, summon the fish and end this already'', Tentomon cried suddenly, much to Arthur's surprise. He turned to the boy: ''You're impossible! It's just water!'' ''What!? I do not want to get wet, either!'', Arthur replied, surprised. ''It's just... water... you humans are more dangerous'', Tentomon said, alluding to the dagger incident. ''Well, I do not want to get stabbed either'', Arthur added. ''Oh, don't worry, I am going to protect you in that case'', Tentomon said and created a small electric charge with his hands. Shocked and amazed at the same time, Arthur jumped backwards. ''What!? You can create electricity with your hands?'', he asked, shocked. ''Yes, I can. You know, each of us has a specific ability or two. That's how Digimon survive. But, judging by what I've seen so fat, your talents are limited to throwing things and being annoying'', the insect replied. ''That was uncalled for'', Arthur replied, yet, the remark was more truthful than he cared to admit. They haven't presented themselves in a good light and it wasn't unusual for Tentomon to have come to such a conclusion.

Not wanting to quarrel with his partner, Arthur decided to calm the situation a little by approaching the loud French girl. ''Excusez-moi, mademoiselle, mais je trouve qu'il faut attendre que Gomamon'', he pointed to the small Digimon, ''fait venir quelques poissons. Je ne suis pas sur si ça est un code ou pas, mais on va passer le fleuve sans se mouille.'' He smiled and bowed a little. Now why? Manners, he supposed, but maybe it was just a way for him to get out of his shell. The French girl was a good means of doing that, plus, he had the chance to practice his French, which was never a bad thing. ''Je m'apelle Arthur... et j'espère que vous pardonnerez ma prononciation'', he added, nodding slightly and offering his hand to the girl.

''Dear me, it seems you were right about it being a detriment'', Tentomon said after observing his partner's intervention. ''Although, I suppose he means no harm'', he said, thoughtfully as they were preparing to cross the dreaded river.

Juju Juju
KageYuuki KageYuuki

TAMER
Renzo Takahashi

Location File Island, Infinity Foothills
Tags QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel Kimiwriter Kimiwriter AnimeGenork AnimeGenork
There was only so much Renzo could take. There seemed to be a severe lack of leadership and decision-making skills among the group. The only person deadset on anything just threw a knife at him, but regardless... this was getting quite stale.

So Renzo switch his mindset to problem-solving. What skills did he have at his disposal? Common sense and a solid memory of geography class.

Renzo cut into the reunion between Darya and whoever-the-Hell that was with an abrupt speech. "Alright, guys, let's think this through. We're heading towards a mountain and we're cut off by a river. Water flows down, generally through small streams and tributes, until reaching a larger outlet--like this river. This body of water is nearly perpendicular to the mountain, meaning it's either bent by a large hill or some other elevated area. So, if we travel up the river, and bear with me on this thought, it's going to be a while before we reach a place it narrows even more, and then there's a good chance that'll involve some climbing," Renzo explained to them, probably sounding like a rehash of some old sixth year class material--except for once in their lives, it was useful.

"As for a bridge, that's the most likely place for us to get ambushed. A bridge likely has a beaten path and any path makes you a target. I would say we just need to man up and cross here. If we hold hands, space ourselves out and make a chain to cross the river, we should be fine even if someone slips. Although I might add that we should wait a while so the crazy bitch with the knives gets some distance," he continued to spout off, going on with his forward-thinking plan. "Besides, if there's any traps out there, why not have a scout?" he added, trying to justify distancing them from Skylie.

With that, Renzo crossed his arms and waited for input from the group. He wasn't even part of them, really, but if he was going to follow them, he certainly wasn't going to let them sit back and be this incredibly inefficient.

---
"Excusez-moi, mademoiselle"
---
Upon hearing this, Jupiter turned in surprise, momentarily distracted from the river problem by this unexpected appearance of her mothertongue. She raised her eyebrows, moderately impressed to find that it was the dapper newcomer. Oh. It's him, she thought. Fashion sense and the ability to speak french? Why that was more than could be said of the average Londoner. Of course, the two traits were doubtlessly linked.

"Definitely an accent but not bad, considering." She said in her typical manner-of-fact voice. Considering you're a Brit, was the full extent of the sentence, but in light of his manners she decided to keep the derogatory in her mind for now. How generous. It was the same reason she switched to English for fear he couldn't keep up his comfort. Jupiter took up his handshake and inclined her head lightly to the side, a typical greeting for anyone remotely worth associating with. "Jupiter Bourgeois. ç'est un plaisir de vous rencontrer. Hmm! Well, I'm glad to see at least someone around here has manners. You'd swear we're living in a cave society if you were to judge by some of us." She was sure to cast a pointed glance towards Skylie's direction to empathize her point.

Their conversation was somewhat interrupted by Gomamon's announcement of his 'boat'. Jupiter's eyes widened in shock as soon as she laid eyes on the shifting mass of fish. Not because the fish were obeying Gomamon's command, or that they had made a raft, but the fact that she was expected to step onto said slimy raft. Oh god, why me? That's going to smell like merde.

---

While Tentomon made his observations, so too did Creature. That is until something drew his attention away. He heard Gomamon's announcement of another human, but it was Darya's change in tone that really triggered him to turn his head. The girl was fussing over the state of a male human, significantly younger than the rest and sporting features similar to Darya, like a litter-mate. Yet something felt off as soon as he caught sight of the youth... a nagging instinct that stuck to his bones like the cold. Vigilantly, Creature tilted his head upwards to examine the newcomer's scent and that's he realized the problem. He didn't have one.

With a slow, ungainly gait he lumbered over to the reunited siblings and stopped right in the middle of their path. His half-lidded gaze lingered on Darya for a moment before finally settling on the boy, where it turned to steel. An eerie pause ensued, only to be shattered in one swift movement as his lax posture took a dramatic heel-turn. He let out a animistic growl and leapt at the boy with red claws outstretched. In mid flight he snapped open his fanged mouth and unleashed a torrent bluish flame that bathed the surrounding area in a ghostly glow.

Kimiwriter Kimiwriter
QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel
KageYuuki KageYuuki
AnimeGenork AnimeGenork

Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju

Darya De Lucia

Maverick didn't have any digimon following behind him so Darya assumed he'd either avoided the little creatures or hadn't run into any yet. But he'd always loved animals so she wasn't too worried about him freaking out, at least until the little Gabumon who'd been following Jupiter around stepped in front of them.

Darya stopped and squeezed Maverick's hand. The creature hadn't seemed dangerous and the other digimon didn't really pay it much attention. Maybe he was just suspicious of newcomers?

Darya stepped between Creature and Maverick, pushing her brother back. She pointed at the little goblin. "Back off." She glanced at Jupiter. The princess was busy flirting; she'd never really been interested in her digimon partner. Darya looked back at the wolf-dinosaurish thing. She'd deal with this herself. "I know you can understand me. My brother is not--"

Creature attacked.

"Darya-mon, get away from him!" Lopmon bounded towards them.

Darya back-peddled. At least someone would help her.

Lopmon reached her, jumped, and kicked Darya away from Maverick.

She fell, flinging out her hand to catch herself. "No!" She twisted, struggling to get back on her feet. "Maverick--!"

Juju Juju

Last edited:
Rin Kuromoto

"Ow! Hey, watch it! God, why did I get the stupid, clumsy one? Oh just perfect. What? They can have giant lion-men who can shoot fire but a simple bridge is too much for this world? What on earth is she doing? Oh, I am not wading through that water! It's absolutely filthy and there's probably worms and... and.. centipedes or something! I mean, some of us may need a bath more than others, but this is a little much. I'm so not going in there, this dress is dry-clean only and I'd rather not ruin it any more!"

"Did she just... WHY did she just throw a dagger at him?!"

"Oi, Otonashi-San, ikuzo!"

Yaharo~ Kuramoto! Ichi Go, Ichi E ja nai, kana?"

"Why are you humans always making a fuss about everything? It's just water!"

Rin couldn't really say which of the so-called "group" arrived at the river first. All the voices just seemed to overlay each other in a way that made Rin close his eyes and sigh. Way too much noise. It felt like a class party. And Mochi wondered why he walked ahead of the group without trying to make friends. What group? They were all just a rabble of people focused on their own agendas who only noticed each other when it was convenient. Did Abrasive Green Hair--Amy from what he'd heard the black haired mention--really think such peoples sticking together would be benefit?

That they would help each other when the time called for it?

Rin wasn't so optimistic.

"I guess not," Rin's reply was for the only voice among the party that directly addressed him. "Greetings Otonashi."

He could understand Otonashi's desire to speak their home language. However, with so many foreigners present it just felt...rude. Exclusive he supposed. So he didn't. Besides, Otonashi didn't seem to have any problems understanding English, even though he had a distinct Japanese accent to him. Oddly enough, Mochi didn't seem to mind what language he spoke in (since he'd spoken in Japanese when they'd first met and switched to English when he encountered the group) and treated the two languages as if the same. It made Rin question how language worked in the digital world. Given the state of the Village of Beginnings, Rin doubted Mochi had attended an English class like he had. The horned, gelatinous creature just seemed to speak Japanese to his ears...along with every other digimon he'd encountered thus far...and yet was understood by every foreign human that were brought to the Digital world. Was it a universal language they spoke? Or some sort of internal translation system in the world. Within digimon?

Rin's eyes darted away from Otonashi when the guy started to feel up Renzo's muscles--now fairly certain delusional gamer was a homosexual (or bisexual)--and landed on black haired girl's tatooed arm. It was a nice piece of work. As someone who occasionally helped his girlfriend at the tatoo shop she owned, he could appreciate good craftsmanship when he saw it. The lines were clean despite the difficulty of the design. Really, Rin spent more time trying to decipher the meaning of the picture than listening to the chaotic rabble around him. Body art was usually done with a specific purpose as many people--besides the ones just trying to look cool--didn't permanently mark themselves without reason.

Of course, Rin didn't fail to notice when Gomamon called for attention and began gathering rainbow fish together in rafts while Otonashi cheered. And, having been next to Darya, he'd also seen when she found her brother while Renzo was adding his thoughts. Didn't she say her brother was home alone? Suddenly finding him in the Digital World, seemed like the biggest lucky coincidence ever. It gave Rin an unsettling feeling. Such good coincidences usually did since Rin was a realist. Of course when the whiny, blonde French girl's digimon friend suddenly up and attacked Darya and her brother without any explanation whatsoever, Rin pinched the bridge of his nose.

Group. Yeah right.

"Woah, woah, woah! Are we all enemies now? What's going on?" Gummymon stared confusedly at the scene from Rin's shoulder.

Thankfully Lopmon intervened to save Darya at least. Pocketing Sorcerermon's map, Rin moved to assist Darya to her feet, since he'd got to know her somewhat more than the others, He didn't immediately let go of the curly haired girl. "I won't tell you not to run into blue flames to save your brother. But I will say that your chances of survival will be low if you do."

He didn't know what he'd do if Akane were to be attacked. It was curious that Lopmon would try to protect Darya and not her brother, even when knowing how important such a person was to Darya. Hadn't the bunny digimon been the first to go after Darya when the girl ran ahead of the group? He couldn't say anything about the furred digimon, but from what he'd seen of Lopmon, the bunny didn't seem the type to act without reason. Or in a way that would hurt Darya. Rin glanced mournfully at the river, before his gaze flickered back to the sight of ghostly blue flames...in a forest. With trees. He wished he'd followed Dagger girl's example when he had the chance. Which was worse? Hanging with a crazy killer, getting wet and possibly drowning--because he had his doubts about Gomamon's army of little fishes being able to maintain formation enough to support all their weights--, or being caught in forest fire?

"I suppose she had a point," Rin muttered quietly to no one in particular. "It really is just water."

"Who had a point? The cool girl with the daggers? I think Tentomon said something along those lines as well."

Right. Mochi was on his shoulder and could hear everything he said, whether they were meant to be heard or not. Wonderful.

Kimiwriter Kimiwriter , Pretzel Heart Pretzel Heart

Mentioned: KageYuuki KageYuuki , Juju Juju , Oswald_C_Cobblepot Oswald_C_Cobblepot , Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul , AnimeGenork AnimeGenork

Last edited:
Amy Warren
...Am I really gonna...

Amy watched approvingly as Gomamon created what was essentially a raft out of fishes. A little unconventional maybe but it was certainly a lot quicker than knocking down some trees and forming a bridge that way, which was what Amy was going to suggest.

Of course the princess wasn't the biggest fan of the idea, Amy rolled her eyes. "It might smell like shit but it beats getting our only set of clothes soaking wet, just wash your shoes after w- JESUS CHRIST!"

Amy cut herself off as one of the digimon suddenly, literally opened fire on a kid that had just shown up, spraying with

Without really thinking Amy dropped what she was doing and sprinted directly into the fire, hoping to shove the kid away from the fire before he was burned too badly.

"Oh cool is this what we're doing now?" Asked Monodramon, watching her bolt past him and then hurrying after her to tackle Gabumon from behind. "Take it easy tough guy," he said, colliding with the other digimon and attempting to hook his arms around Gabumon's shoulders in a rough imitation of a full nelson. "If you wanna take somebody on ya should challenge someone who's up for it! Me for example!"

Ahh fuck that's hot Amy thought, as she made contact with the fire, closing her eyes and covering her face with her sleeves This was really dumb, this kid better be greatful. Speaking of shouldn't I have hit him by now?

KageYuuki KageYuuki
Juju Juju
Kimiwriter Kimiwriter

Ravyn Cooper, Patamon,
and Marverick?

She'd seen the way Kieran's eyes lit up when she called to get his attention, the sudden energy to his voice. Ravyn still wasn't sure why she'd used Japanese back there, and knew it was definitely going to come back to bite her down the road. But... maybe he'd help her learn? Get something out of this nightmare they'd all been thrown into.

In the meanwhile, there was the sheer chaos unfolding at the riverside. It started simple enough, with the newest of the newcomers making a rather solid argument for why they should go ahead and chance the river. At least they had another that stopped to think for at least a moment. "Mmm, it's just a matter of crossing safely..." She quietly mused as Gomamon waltzed up to the shore.

And made a raft out of fish.

There was nothing Ravyn could think to say at the display, just staring at all of the different colors. As clear as the water was, any of them should have been able to see that the river was teeming with life. But the fish had all just... appeared. Why was she still questioning this after yesterday? Meanwhile, Patamon seemed all kinds of delighted by the display. "I didn't know Gomamon could do that."

Ravyn nodded, moving to speak when Darya suddenly cried out. Turning around the dark haired woman blinked a few times at the scene playing out in front of them. What must have been her little brother had suddenly appeared. Part of her wanted to be happy for them, Darya had clearly been worried sick about the kid.

So why did this feel wrong?

It wasn't like he was the first person they've come across since waking up. Not even the first they'd seen that had yet to meet their supposed partner. Sure, Darya had been worried about him until she was near the point of obsession, but still... Maybe it was the way Patamon's cheer suddenly vanished. Ravyn moved to rush in as Gabumon launched a gout of fire at the kid but stopped by Patamon pulling back on her shirt.

What should have been a cry of pain from the boy came out almost like an animalistic growl. As Amy dove into the scene, she'd feel a large paw strike her side and quickly pin her. It felt like an eternity before the ghostly fire finally cleared and part of Ravyn wished it hadn't. Cloaked in red fur, it looked like some kind of demented wolf. Yellow eyes leveled a glare at Gabumon as a deep growl escaped its throat.

F_fangmon_by_kiminuria-d5iqwgg.png
Name: Fangmon
Level: Champion
Attribute: Data

This demon beast digimon lives deep in the heart of the forest and preys upon those who lose their way. It is said that once it sets its sights on prey they will never escape. Sometimes even going so far as to disguise itself as someone dear to its prey in order to get closer. While not a virus it's often considered the polar opposite to Garurumon, the two often fighting should they cross paths.

Beware its sheer speed and the blasts of dark energy it can release from its mouth.

Creature struggled against the other digimon's grip, but it was too late. Monodramon's partner had already dived into action, oblivious to the danger she had just put herself in. He could only stop his struggling and watch as the figure in the flames begin to shift. When the smoke cleared the boy's face had transformed into a sickeningly exaggerated maw filled with rows of spindly teeth. Its lithe body was covered in shaggy red fur all the way from its whiskered snout to its wiry tail and pinned to the ground beneath one leather-bound paw was the green-haired girl.

Using the moment of shock, Creature gave one last effort to escape Monodramon's grasp and managed to half fall to the ground in his escape. He quickly checked to see if the fangmon had moved. It hadn't. Instead it almost seemed to have a demonic grin as it honed its gaze on Creature, golden eyes smoldering like motes of balefire.

It effortlessly outmatched him in size, strength and speed. These things could take on fully grown Garurumon, a beast of such ferocity the mere sight of its pelt was enough to drive away most digimon. Perhaps it was a lazy means of defense, but the mimicry had saved Jupiter from a hoard of goblinmon. Now it held the opposite effect, but if he could use it to his advantage then maybe the Fangmon would target him instead of the girl. There was only one way to find out.

Creature crouched down onto all fours and slowly stalked to the left, like a predator looking for a weakness. He was careful to keep his yellow underbelly out of sight and put all of his effort into keeping his movements poised. With teeth bared he let out a wolfish snarl, a sound that dwarfed the size of its source. If it wanted to keep its eyes on him or attack it would be forced to turn, leaving its flank open to Monodramon.

----​

What could have been been the first enjoyable conversation since arriving in the digital world was soon ruined by shouting. Jupiter turned just in time to see the action and was mildly annoyed to find Creature struggling to escape the grip of a purple dinosaur. Then she saw the wolf and her face drained of all color. She had thought Leomon was terrifying, but he never carried the crazed look this one had. This one wouldn't just issue a warning...it would kill them. Jupiter could feel her legs grow weak.

She managed to tear away her gaze long enough to find Creature facing off against the wolf. He stalked around the Fangmon with a feline grace she would never expect such an oaf to possess. The brute was more than twice Creature's size, but to her disbelief he started to snap and snarl at the red wolf. Jupiter gasped and held her breath, as if one sound would cause the monster to pounce. 'What is he doing?', she could scarcely hear her own thoughts beneath the roar of her heartbeat. 'That thing is going to tear him to bits!' The two didn't share a close relationship by any stretch of the imagination, but being ripped apart by teeth was not something she would wish upon her worse enemy.

Then it clicked. He was bluffing, just like the time he scared away those goblinmon. But the wolf was clearly unafraid. No, there was more to it.

"He's distracting him..." she muttered, half in awe and the other in bewilderment.

KageYuuki KageYuuki AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy Kimiwriter Kimiwriter Oswald_C_Cobblepot Oswald_C_Cobblepot

Darya De Lucia
Lopmon

Rin helped her to her feet. Darya stared at the creature that stood where Maverick had been. It took a long time to register just what had happened-- what was happening. That thing--Fangmon her digivice chimed-- tricked her into thinking it was her brother. But how would it know what Maverick looked like unless . . .

"Where is he?" She shook as the fear mixed with her rage. "Where is he you filthy--!"

Lopmon grabbed her pant leg, tugging her away from the fangmon. "Don't get close to it. That's what it wants." The little rabbit hopped nervously from one foot to another, stepping on her long ears. Fangmon grinned, making her shudder. "It's too strong."

"Well do something before it hurts her!"

Lopmon looked from Fangmon's pointed teeth, to Amy, and then up to Darya.

"Do that thing you did against the goblimon."

"B-but . . ."

"Just knock him off balance."

Glancing back at Fangmon, Lopmon shuddered but took a small hop forward. "H-hey, you big meanie!"

Darya felt bad for making her friend fight, but if that thing hurt Maverick, she'd make it pay. She noticed Creature sneaking around to Fangmon's side. Maybe they'd have some backup on this.

Fangmon ignored the little rabbit. Lopmon bounced forward, putting on the scariest face she could manage. "Hey! I'm talking to you." Lifting her ears and starting to swing them like propellers. "You tried to hurt Darya-mon. I won't let you do that!" Her ears spun, kicking up dirt and leaves. "Tiny Twister!"

KageYuuki KageYuuki Juju Juju QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy

Rin Kuromoto

One thing Rin did not expect was for Amy to charge in there after Darya's brother. It was a daring display of courage that, if Rin were completely honest with himself, left the teen mildly impressed if not somewhat shocked by her impulsiveness. Jumping into fire like a seasoned fire fighter to save stranger. Perhaps he had misjudged her character. She wasn't as logically-minded as he had thought.

Though, Darya's "brother" turning to a large red wolf creature is hardly something that falls within the bounds of logic. There was nothing logical applied to the Digital World, from rainbow fish appearing out of thin air to monster dogs disguised as a human, and Rin was coming to accept that fact.

Watching Darya order Lopmon to fight, a bit of annoyance flickered within Rin. He understood her rage, but, at the same time, there was no proof that the creature had her brother either. She was simply acting emotional.

"I can't let Lopmon fight on her own!"

And Mochi was too. Rin sighed. How many times was that today? He'd stopped keeping count. He started to head towards Gomamon's fish bridge. "You can't fight it. You're a squishy little blob. That thing is more than ten times your size."

"Even so, I can do it." Gummymon stared up the large beast that had Amy pinned to the ground even as Rin walked away. "You've helped me, Rin. It's my turn to help you too."

"How is you getting bullied by a giant wolf and possibly dying going to help me?"

"It's going to chase you even if you run, Rin. You can't walk away from every thing...Besides, you don't want anyone hurt. I know you don't. So believe in me. I won't die. I'm going to be a strong digimon."

Rin felt his shoulder lighten and swiftly turned, eyes widening, as Gummymon leapt into the air. Unbeknownst to him, the digivice in his bindle sack began to glow.

"Gummymon digivolve to..."

Terriermon.jpg

"Terriormon!"

In the air, Terriermon spun forward, its ears spinning rapidly like a propeller "Terrier Tornado!" and slammed itself between Fangmon's eyes. "Hah! Take that!"

Ear's puffing up, Terriermon floated, looked at its tiny paws in surprise before grinning down at Rin. "Lookie, Rin! I did it! I digivolved!"

Mochi had turned into a white version of lopmon. That was digivolution? Blinking up at the little bunny/dog digimon, Rin was silent for a moment before calling up to Mochi. "You're still many times smaller than that digimon! Keep your eyes on your opponent!"

KageYuuki KageYuuki , Kimiwriter Kimiwriter , AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy

Last edited:
Arthur S. Poe
I only say that this danger does lie in logic, not in imagination.
G.K. Chesterton

''Ah, finally'', Tentomon sighed as the humans started to board Gomamon's improvised raft. ''I thought they'd never board it. Although, you should do something about the fish. They really smell'', he remarked ultimately, throwing a skeptical look at his friend. The humans seemed more and more confused as this adventure evolved, which is the exact opposite of what they should have been doing. They should have adapted, had a better grasp on things but still, after all this time, their main concerned seemed to be the rotten smell of Little One's fish. How infantile.

tumblr_n70ut6Nrq71rtjgwno1_500.gif
After seeing his partner generate electricity out of nowhere, Arthur was even more amazed to see another feat these strange beings were capable of. The pleasant introduction with the French girl had to be quickly interrupted as one of those TBC TV series episodes, as Tentomon's friend, Gomamon, summoned some fish from out of nowhere, helping them across. Talking about Deus ex machina. Compared to all of this, his humanity seemed - useless. He felt distant, powerless faced with the miracle of life in front of him, with such a small and seemingly insignificant creature being capable of such feats and yet all he could do was speak French and play the piano; and he was above average, most humans couldn't even do that. But, brushing those thoughts aside for a moment, at least it seemed that some kind of cohesion was achieved amongst them. Well, cohesion might have been too strong of a word for them agreeing to somehow move on and survive, but it was comforting to see that they were - together.

Or not?

They hadn't even boarded the rainbow raft when a problem, a big, scary problem presented itself in front of them. What seemed to be the brother of one of their companions was actually a horridly looking hellhound that seemed intent on devouring the lot of them. Arthur flinched for a moment, standing motionless on the edge of the riverbank, observing what seemed to him as a scene from a sixties Japanese horror movie featuring Godzilla. Not just the fact that the monster was actually there, but it looked equally bizarre as one of those incarnations. In a rapid development of things, one of the humans, a girl, decided it would be a good thing to play the hero. Of course, no need to elaborate on how that ended up.

The hellhound seemed intent on attacking the one that resembled him mostly - the French girl's Digimon. Reacting instinctively, Arthur leaped in front of Jupiter, trying to shield her. Gabumon was too near Fangmon to intervene, which is why he shouted for his partner: ''Tentomon!'' The insect Digimon had been observing the situation very carefully.
tumblr_omr6a9wMx41u9y0nmo1_540.gif
Although he had only seen one from a distance, he knew the danger Fangmon presented and the fact that none of them could withstand a battle with him on their own. ''Dammit, I thought they only came out at night!'', he hissed ominously and rushed ahead. Charging his attack, he threw a few small bolts around their nemesis, hoping it would distract him enough to release the girl. But, sadly, it was to no avail. ''Little One, be prepared, we're going to need your aquatic skills'', he shouted as he landed next to Gabumon.

''Do not worry, mademoiselle, we shall keep you safe. I trust Tentomon'', he said, standing firmly in front of her. He gave her a courageous and determined look, even smiled a little, but his faith in his partner might have been completely misplaced. He trusted him, but he had no foundation for that trust. Was he just reassuring Jupiter? Or himself? Or was that real trust - the one that comes without proof? ''I don't think we have met. Tentomon's the name and I think we have two things to do. One, keep you alive, as it certainly seems he's got his ugly mug set on you and; two, rescue that idiotic human thinking she's a hero'', Tentomon said to the canine Digimon next to him. ''We'll need to attack him from both sides, so he'll get distracted. Can you do that?'', the insect asked. But, before Gabumon could even reply, Tentomon flew to the left, charging his energy in flight. ''Super Shocker!'', he cried, sending an electric blast to Fangmon's hind legs, as to avoid injuring the girl.

AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy Juju Juju Pretzel Heart Pretzel Heart

Last edited:
Amy Warren
...Well This Sucks...

Amy slammed into the ground, dizzy, disoriented and slightly singed and she gasped, trying to regain her bearing as some immense weight pressed down on her. Amy coughed and opened her eyes then immediately regretted it as she realized the weight on her chest was a massive paw attached to an equally massive, wolf like monster.

shitshitshitshitshitshitshit

This was not exactly an ideal situation but at least, Amy realized, she hadn't been crushed or chomped yet. For whatever reason the creature seemed distracted, it was hard to tell what was going on from her position but the wolf seemed distracted, Amy supposed the other digimon must be distracting it.

I gotta get out from under here while I can Amy thought, trying to squirm out of the creature's grasp until she heard something that made her groan quietly.

"Hey Ugly! GET YOUR PAW OFF MY FREAKING RIVAL!" Monodramon shouted, raising his clawed hands in a pugnacious manner. In the first case who did this dumb wolf think it was ignoring Monodramon in favor of some other baby digimon when he was obviously the most worthy challenger? In the second place what right did it have to attack his rival? That kind of stuff pissed him off.

When Monodramon was pissed off he didn't waste time making distractions, or coming up with plans like the others, that wasn't the true meaning of a fight anyway! The true meaning of a fight was to jump in and beat your opponent into a pulp!

"BEAT KNUCKLE!" The little purple dragon roared, launching himself directly at Fangmon's gaping maw.

Okay now I really need to get out of here before that little idiot gets himself killed Amy thought, managing to wriggle onto her side and desperately scan the environment for something to use.

Wasn't that crazy chick carrying knives around? Maybe I can... Amy caught sight of a dark haired guy in glasses and a goofy leather jacket... Carrying a knife!

"Hey...Hey!" Amy called in his direction, trying to wave and yell without attracting Fangmon's notice. "Chuck me that knife!"

KageYuuki KageYuuki
Juju Juju
QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

For most of the time sense she told the group off, Lilly walked quietly a few steps behind everyone.
She had embarrassed herself in front of them, and even broke her father's rule about foul language.
To make matters worse, it was all for nothing, as the situation and bickering only became more stressful by the minute.

When they finally got a move on, Lilly spend almost the entire time looking down at her feet.
It was actually quite impressive to Palmon how she could walk without looking where she was going.
The idea she could come up with was that Lilly must have had a lot of practice.

Lilly quickly remembered why she liked plants better then people.
She wasn't even sure if new people were showing up, or if they were always there and she just couldn't keep it straight.
Everything was moving so fast, she felt like the world - or 'digital world' was spinning.

As her hands nervously fidgeted in her pocket she noticed there was something hard in each of them;
without thinking too much about it, she pulled them out.
In her left hand was that strange gadget they were calling a 'digi-vice' but in right was a familiar orange bottle.
Lilly was shocked that her Anti-anxiety medicine had made it through whatever brought her here, but she was grateful to see it.

Opening the bottle, she dumped a single teal pill in her gloved palm.
She sighed and whispered to herself "only one left.."
Ever attentive to her partner, Palmon asked "What's that Lilly? some kind of seed?"
Lilly quickly shushed Palmon and whispered in what would be her ear "Shssh.. it's not a seed. it's a kind of medicine."

Trying to keep up with the group, they both hurried their pace, but trailed a bit behind to speak more privately .
Palmon's expression began to fill with concern until she finally asked "Medicine? are you sick"
Lilly sighed again and seemed stare at the pill as she continued her anti-social march.
Palmon asked again " L Lilly?"
Lilly replied sadly " .. In a way, ja . "

Swallowing the pill she turned to Palmon and offered a fake smile, one she hoped the little flower of innocence would buy.
She rested a hand on top of Palmon and spoke more cheerfully "But don't worry. I took min medicine, so I'll be getting better real soon. promise."
She had hopped she would find a way to keep herself calm without her medicine and not worry her only friend.
After all, she would now have to come off them cold turkey.

Not having time to think about that, she noticed a strong smell catching her attention.
Somehow the two of them were walking across a mound of.. fish?!
Just what in the world was going on to make them act like this?
Not wanting to hurt the poor fishies, Lilly grabbed Palmon's hand and hurried across, shouting "Sorry sorry sorry!"

By the time they got across, it had seemed that disaster had struck.
A giant red monster had one of the other's from their group trapped under it's paw.
it's long dagger like teeth dripping with anticipation of it's next meal.
Lilly gasped and blurted out "What the heck is that thing?!"
To which the digi-vice in her hand peeped in reply.- the screen reading " Fangmon, Champion Level Digimon."

Palmon yelled "We have to do something!" tugging at Lilly's pants " If we don't she's gonna get turned into data."
Lilly tried to make sense of it " Turned into.. OH! " Finally it dawned on her that she meant killed.
Her medician kicking in had made her very groggy and slowed down her ability to think.

By this time the other digimon were already in action trying to save her.
Seeing her motioning in what she thought was her direction Lilly thought she was pleading to her for help.
Though she wasn't the bravest, she wasn't going to let someone get smashed by some kind of digi-demon.
Picking up a stone, she tossed it at Fangmon shouting "Stone attack !"
The way the rock so impotently bonked off Fangmon's head would have been comical if the situation was so dire.

Palmon had to take a moment to facepalm and ask "and just what was that."
Lilly rubbed her arm in embarrassment as she admitted "Well it works when you call out attacks"
For a second, in her sedated state she thought she actually was a kind of digimon.
Bravely positioning herself between Fangmon and Lilly Palmon remarked " Just stay behind me Lilly. We'll save your friend."

Palmon's petals shook a little as she tried to hide her fear of the clearly stronger enemy.
But it gave her a brief distraction to wonder to herself if 'Stone attack ' was the strongest move a hu-mon had
She wondered to herself, if Lilly and her friends were baby level digimon.

TAMER
Renzo Takahashi

Renzo didn't have a considerable amount of time to take in the fact one of these beasts just vomited blue fire at him. 'Cause apparently, there was a bigger fox-wolf-lookin' mother fucker about to tear them all a new one. Renzo was caught between the reality that this was exactly like those Dungeons and Dragons campaigns were whichever kid played the Dungeon Master ALWAYS had some sadistic plan for whatever the players did and an indescribable feeling of oh-my-god-holy-shit-what-is-that-and-why-does-it-look-so-skinny. This world was weird.

Then came Amy. She shouted for him. She wanted his knife. All of these digimon were attacking this bigger one. This was a lot to take in. In the span of what couldn't be two minutes, Renzo had a knife thrown at him, was introduced to talking creatures, was felt up by some random guy, told he was in a different world entirely, was coming to the realization that the God of this world was cruel, and had blue flames shot at him. It was a breaking point. He could keep being bewildered by taking it in. He could. Keep being frustrated and just cursing it. But, that wouldn't get him anywhere. It wouldn't get him across the river. It wouldn't help him survive.

"No," he responded to Amy. Not because he was selfish or a coward, but because he was absolutely sure he couldn't throw the knife with accuracy good enough to get it closer to her without stabbing her. He wasn't an expert like the crazy bitch across the river.

Then he shouted. "Regroup!" he said before backing off from the river to a more solid piece of ground and closer to Amy, although he himself didn't enter the fray. "Get away from the river. We want a big, open area for us and that thing pinned against the treeline," Renzo said, throwing commands at the others.

"Every human here, group up with me or Rin! Whoever is closest. We don't want pinned down like her," he said, referencing Amy. He then looked over at Rin and gave him a quick nod. He couldn't exactly explain why he was wanting to split the team into two parts while running by, so he just hoped Rin would follow along.

Renzo took a solid stance on some harder ground, closer to the treeline than the riverbank. The ground itself was the factor he was considering. Soft dirt near the river was prone for slippage, but rocks and roots near the forest were uneven. "Everyone that can attack, coordinate your attacks to his free paw! Knock him off balance!" Renzo shouted. Even more loudly this time. Loud enough that every Digimon and human around could hear his voice.

This wasn't just his regular, polite speaking voice, either. This was the voice he used when he stood at a podium. When he announced news to the student body. When he promised to represent the students the best he could as their president. This was the voice that exuded confidence, dripping from him like the silver streams the fountain of youth. This was a skill he had worked on to interview with universities. He wanted to travel to the United States to study, not stay in Japan. He honed this skill to cross countries. Now he was using it try and give this group of rag-tag teens some direction in a world that was new and strange to all of them. Strangest of all to himself.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back