• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Fight for Far Kingdom - Muscles & Miracles (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
I think the idea that you’re working together for the first time is a good one. Like you said, you know about each other but haven’t worked together. I like that a lot.

Posty Toasty, and it's a long one despite being asked to keep it short because details are nice.
No, no. I said it doesn’t HAVE to be more than a paragraph. But if you want to go more, by all means. The more detail, the more we have to work with.

Wow, guys. These characters are awesome. I love them already. Nice work.

So, according to what little game rules there are, I’m supposed to roll a threat and introduce it to you.

Before we do that, I’d like to discuss/frame our first introduction scene. You both know of each other, but this will be the first job you work together.

Socratius has taken ill. Perhaps you’ve been put together to find a cure or medicine for him.

What are you thoughts?

Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread JusticeCarpenter JusticeCarpenter

Wow, guys. These characters are awesome. I love them already. Nice work.

So, according to what little game rules there are, I’m supposed to roll a threat and introduce it to you.

Before we do that, I’d like to discuss/frame our first introduction scene. You both know of each other, but this will be the first job you work together.

Socratius has taken ill. Perhaps you’ve been put together to find a cure or medicine for him.

What are you thoughts?

Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread JusticeCarpenter JusticeCarpenter

Ragra's first thoughts are to, for the fourth time, check that she hasn't been followed, check for any traps or magical items that shouldn't be there or have been tampered with, and make sure that flower pot in the corner isn't actually an Orc in disguise. And then, Ragra would decide to ask the person/people she is apparently supposed to be working with what they know, what they do, and if they think that Orc in the corner has realized that it's cover has been blown. Lastly, Ragra would make a mental note to ask Socratius where he kept any research notes, legal papers, and any other important documents that they might want to check on or retrieve.

As for what I think, a good idea might be to initially properly meet eachother outside of Socratius's room, being forced to wait and not enter immediately because Socratius was in the middle of a healing session to at least try and ease his pain, or something like that.

When RPing in small group, I usually like to include 'warming up episode'. An episode/arc/session with the main purpose of establishing the characters dynamic. I think doing some work that is not related to the big bad guy is good, so yeah, let's look for the medicine!

After thinking further about Kanon's backstory and theme, I decide to change several aspects of her. Time for P-patch note!

Class: light mage -> thug/martial artist
Roll number: 3 -> 5
Added a few more description in her CS

Now she's a legit ex-yakuza priestess!

After thinking further about Kanon's backstory and theme, I decide to change several aspects of her. Time for P-patch note!

Class: light mage -> thug/martial artist
Roll number: 3 -> 5
Added a few more description in her CS

Now she's a legit ex-yakuza priestess!

If she's Ex-Yakuza, does she have a Dragon tattoo on her back? What about a Hanyaa? A Koi fish? A Tiger?

Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread

Edit: I just read the post. A demonic serpent is pretty cool. Is it a reference to Yamata-no-Orochi, or is it just a cool idea that popped in your head?

If she's Ex-Yakuza, does she have a Dragon tattoo on her back? What about a Hanyaa? A Koi fish? A Tiger?

Edit: I just read the post. A demonic serpent is pretty cool. Is it a reference to Yamata-no-Orochi, or is it just a cool idea that popped in your head?
I actually thinking of Hydra, hence the serpent 'branches' into her arms and thighs. But hey, Orochi is more suitable, thank you for the idea XD

Question >.<
Say, if I do multiple actions that need dice roll (like, dodging attack then kick enemy A in the groin then jab enemy B in the nose in a single post), do I only need one roll for all of the actions or do I throw multiple rolls?

Sorry, guys. Weekend got away from me.

Don't think of dice rolls as tied to actions. Instead, think of them in terms of conflict resolution. They let us zoom in and out as needed, which is nice. We certainly can zoom in go blow-by-blow with them in some cases--which would be closer to action-based. Or, we can zoom out with them and resolve entire conflicts. It's why I like games like this. Instead of D&D's "I swing my sword at him", tell me what you intend to do and how you're trying to do it. Then we have a conflict to resolve and it will be more interesting. I think it will be more apparent as we play. It's why I haven't really called for rolls. Most of the things so far have been straight forward. Hopefully I can get you guys into more trouble soon.

Okay I understand, my goal is to defeat a boss with a suplex, lol. Hope the roll will be on my side when that happen and Kanon doesn't get a permanent backache or something XD

Okay I understand, my goal is to defeat a boss with a suplex, lol. Hope the roll will be on my side when that happen and Kanon doesn't get a permanent backache or something XD

Don't worry, I hear acupuncture is good for that sort of thing. Wait, what kind of suplex are we talking here?
We need to have these two knuckleheads attempt to pull a 'Dynamic Entry' at some point.

By the way, you wouldn't happen to be familiar with the Yakuza series, Bread?

JusticeCarpenter JusticeCarpenter This:
View attachment 588017
Demon lord sounds like a good victim for this XD

Regarding Yakuza series. I think I play it a bit on the PS 2. Just never really etched on my mind.

Well, considering that your character is an Ex-Yakuza, it reminded me of the series.

Also, considering that you seem to be going with a thing that favors fisticuffs but could very well use whatever is in the area, I thought this might provide some...inspiration. Because the Yakuza series has a LOT of special moves...including a couple different takes on the suplex. Don't watch past the 15 minute, twenty seconds mark to avoid spoilers.

Dang, that's brutal. I think I will stick with the more family-friendly moves for now. She's a priestess anyway, must keep some semblance of solemness.

Kanon: Divine judgement!! *smack demon lord's face with a thick holy book*

I like that moves with throwing box then uppercut though, distracting your opponent is not unheard in street fight. Also that natto-shoving attack is lit.

Dang, that's brutal. I think I will stick with the more family-friendly moves for now. She's a priestess anyway, must keep some semblance of solemness.

Kanon: Divine judgement!! *smack demon lord's face with a thick holy book*

I like that moves with throwing box then uppercut though, distracting your opponent is not unheard in street fight. Also that natto-shoving attack is lit.

Fortunately, you have Ragra for the purpose of tag-team techniques and hindering folks by making their clothes work against them.

By the way, I came up with the idea for a character who controls cloth and stuff years ago, but this was my first opportunity to really explore the idea in an rp. Mostly because people don't like how easy it is to strangle people from a distance by controlling their shirts.

Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread WlfSamurai WlfSamurai

Fortunately, you have Ragra for the purpose of tag-team techniques and hindering folks by making their clothes work against them.

By the way, I came up with the idea for a character who controls cloth and stuff years ago, but this was my first opportunity to really explore the idea in an rp. Mostly because people don't like how easy it is to strangle people from a distance by controlling their shirts.

Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread WlfSamurai WlfSamurai
You can just strip them naked from a distance and let them die from embarassment XD

Ragra eminds me of Best Jeanis, but with extra paranoia

WlfSamurai WlfSamurai Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread

The reasons Ragra is capable of rolling three dice for a Miracle check regarding medical knowledge total out to two. The first is that she has studied everything about healing, magically or not, that she can get her hands on. The second is that she's got experience using that knowledge.

Now, allow me to elaborate on what Ragra is doing for the Miracle Check. She is cross-referencing the symptoms of Wraith Fever with other ailments that have at least one of the same symptoms and have a known cure/suppressant. She will then cross reference the cures to make sure none of the ingredients would react in a way that makes the prototype cure/suppressant Ragra would then develop either useless or harmful. If there are no feasible combinations, then she will move on to rumors and legends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back