• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom FFXIV Emet-Selch x WoL (Final Fantasy 14 Fandom)

FoxNClocks

Eri2.png

MxF // MxM

Eri1.png

Writing Style: A little bit about me as a writer; I am a multi-paragraph writer meaning I will normally post 2-5 detailed paragraphs in Third Person Story with First Person conversations. That being said, I am looking for the same in my partner's, someone who is a detailed, multi-paragraph writer who loves detailed stories and character development. Meaning: Capable of long-enough responses without leaving me a novel to review. I am capable of fluctuating the length of the post based on what is immediately happening in the roleplay. When it comes to detail: I want to know what your character(s) is feeling, doing, wanting. I am also seeking a partner that can help push the plot & story by adding their own twist & unique details. A Co-DM in a way.

18+: Because I am over the age of 25, I please ask that my partners also be 18 years of age or older. This has nothing to do with the skill or maturity of the writer themselves but rather because of personal reasons pertaining to my work & offline activities within the community. I know there are many talented young writers out there, but I prefer my partners to be within my age range.

Frequency: I will try to post once a day, depending on the flow of the roleplay I can post between 1-10 times a day. I do try to keep my RP partners updated on my day to day life, letting them know when I will not be online and how long I will be away.

Medium: Discord, Forum or PM

Timezone: US CST

Eri2.png

« F I N A L F A N T A S Y X I V »
« EMET-SELCH x WOL »

Eri1.png

-----Personal Plots Welcome for this Topic-----
Feel free to PM me with your plots & ideas as well on the Setting!
Bold is the role I wish to play.
• Spots: Always Open
OC Pairing Ideas: WoL x Emet-Selch | OC x Emet-Selch | Run Away Noble x Emet-Selch | College Student x Emet-Selch
Other FF14 Pairings: OC x Au Ra: Xaela (Tribal) | OC x Pureblood Garlean | WoL x WoL
Crossovers: Warhammer 40k OC x Emet-Selch | Two Players Trapped in a Video Game (OC x OC) (OC x Emet-Selch)

Possible Emet-Selch Settings
  • Amaurot Pre-sundering​
  • One of the remaining Shards​
  • Garlemald pre-Empire or post-Empire​
  • During ShB MSQ​
  • Post-Death with Emet-Selch surviving but badly wounded.​
  • Post-Death with Emet-Selch winning.​
  • Previous life: WoL​
  • AU - Modern Setting​

Eri2.png

« M Y C H A R A C T E R S »

Eri1.png

ffxiv_03232020_212711_757.png

Spero was born to a different name to a minor noble house in Ishgard, the youngest of their six children. As she grew older, it was decided that in an effort to strengthen ties with another noble house, she would be squired to one of their House knights. From there, she trained to join the Temple Knights with the hopes of eventually joining the revered Order of the Knights Dragoon. There was some dabbling in astromancy, in an effort to make herself more useful to her comrades.

She joined the forces that defended Ishgard from Nidhogg's Dravanian Horde, as had generations before her. It was one mission in particular that changed the course of her fate: her unit was ambushed in the Coerthan grasslands, and slaughtered. Able to escape, but cut off from the nearest outpost, Spero made a choice.

Instead of returning to Ishgard, she went south.

She found herself on Vylbrand, in La Noscea. Taking up a different name, Spero made her way to Limsa Lominsa, where she decided to lay low. She joined the Arcanist's Guild, more to keep an ear out for incoming shipments or visitors from Coerthas, but also to explore the art of arcanima itself. It was there she found her love for both History and Healing.

Thus when the Calamity hit, Spero was among the first of the Arcanist's Guild to volunteer her skills to aid in the war efforts. Treating the wounded on the fields of Carteneau. Though, along with many others, the woman went missing shortly after the battle.

She has since both returned and ventured out from La Noscea. Seeking lost knowledge and histories elsewhere, aiding wounded Adventurers along the way.

ffxiv_04142020_150709_913.png
In the Xaela tribe of the Bayaqua, Aeri was born to simple parents, who bore neither great skill nor great courage, but lived their lives simply and with happiness. Even if the union between the Xaela mother and Raen father was an uncommon one. Simplicity, however, seemed not to be in the child’s future – From a young age, she constantly sought adventure, exploring with an abandon that neared defiance to the wishes of her parents. As she aged, she had a notable talent for adventure, often climbing over rocks and trees, and exercising her stealth, to great effect. As with all of her people, she has an unerring sense of direction, and despite repeated forays from the clan's campsite, never got lost, and never failed to find her way home. In her early teen years, she became less and less feminine, and, despite her birth, began to satisfy her parents' hopes for a son. She cropped her hair short and bound her loose clothes with strips of woven plant fibers, often pelting the other kids with sticks and small stones, from the safety of total concealment, in the upper boughs of the sparse trees. One tendency she kept, however, through all her years, was a love for the flute, which she would exercise often, in the gray mornings, when the sun just barely began to light the mist which always covered the land. Finally, recognizing her distaste with the constant and simplicity of village life, her parents began to save up their few spare coins, to prepare to send her to the village of Reunion.

While there with her mother, Aeri’s opportunity to travel outside the Steppe came, during mid-summer, a Merchant came out of the foggy mounts north of the village, on his usual route, to sell his wares. Over the years, he had witnessed the growing prowess of the young Aeri, and her ever-greater dissatisfaction with her homeland. He offered to take her on, with him, as he made his rounds toward the city, and even paid her for her time. Her duties, on the trip, would be simply to keep watch and to entertain him with her flute. The Merchant was well-known in the village of Reunion, as he made a circuit of everyone, beginning and ending at the city of Doma, which would take him most of a year. Aeri accompanied him along his trip, and learned a great deal about the roads, and the ways around the land.

Her instinctive feel for the land served them well, with unusually thick patches of the Mist hardly slowing them, as her sure reckoning carried them through forest and mountains, where compasses went mad, and the road seemed to twist and vanish. He taught her mercantile sense, the relative values of various items and currencies, which they found as they traveled through the eastern lands. After nearly six months of travel, he finally began to teach her the use of various weapons. As any child of the steppes, she knew the basics of blade and bow, but little more than was necessary to drive off hostile animals that occasionally wandered near her tribe’s camp. She learned the value of a weapon worn openly, and the value of a weapon concealed; She learned the value of silence, and in time, she learned the value of a good deck of cards. By the age of sixteen, she was proficient with bits of magic and the rapier she wore at her hip, and a lovely set of cards she carried with her wherever she went. She could identify any of a number of different herbs that would be encountered along the edge of the road, or the depths of the forest. She could brew a cure to any of a few minor diseases and poisons. It was with her mentor she learned her love for the healing arts along with the stories of history told to her.

She traveled with him over the course of another five years, finally taking her leave of him on her 19th name day, with a small fortune to her name. Over the next year, she spent most of it gambling and drinking, and in that time, made a great number of connections throughout the city, finally coming into her own as somewhat of an information dealer. Her varied services of knowledge and medicine slowly began to rebuild her fortune, until, finally, after a year, the merchant returned with a gift – An rare offer to travel to the lands of the far west.

Naseem.PNG
Na'seem was born to Altani, a Xaelen Au Ra that lived with her Clan along the shores of the Sea of Yanxia. They would travel up and down the coast, following the fish and bartering with the Domans that ventured north enough to cross paths. However, in the years after Garlemald’s take-over of Doma, life became more difficult for the coastal Au Ra. They found themselves occasionally harassed by Garleans, and accused of potentially helping rebels escape.

Some still think pirates were encouraged to target the clan, the Garleans turning a blind eye so long as they weren’t bothered. Attacks became more frequent, fishers constantly went missing - and then, the pirates hunted them down. Na'seem was only three when he and his mother were taken by the pirates as potential slaves.

The next year of his life was spent traveling, as he and his mother were passed from one ship to another, and then sold. A wealthy Ul’dahn merchant bought them during his travels, and they returned with him to Eorzea. While his mother was a servant of the house, Na'seem was trained from a young age to fight on the bloodsands for entertainment purposes - and to earn money for the noble family that owned him. In his training, he met others from other regions of the world and picked up a dancing fighting style from Thavnair.

The entire while, Altani told him stories of the Steppe, taught him about herbs, and medicine, and conjury. He dreamed of a life beyond the deserts of Thanalan, and hoped he might be able to earn his freedom one day to see his lost homeland.

His chance for freedom would come with the war against The Garlean Empire and The Battle of Carteneau where the Gladiator was offered a spot in the Grand Company of Ul'dah. It was thought the young Xaela had lost his life on the front lines, only to have him appear again five years later.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200419-134911.png
    Screenshot_20200419-134911.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
I don't know if I would be any good at it, but I'd be willing to give Emet-Selch a try in a Pre-Sundering rp. Or I do have a sad little pureblood Garlean who could use an ally and some cuddles. He's a sad boy. are you interested in doubling at all?

I don't know if I would be any good at it, but I'd be willing to give Emet-Selch a try in a Pre-Sundering rp. Or I do have a sad little pureblood Garlean who could use an ally and some cuddles. He's a sad boy. are you interested in doubling at all?

Sure we can double. I'll send you a PM so we can plot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back