Faymarsh Village

I raised an eyebrow at Johnny. "There's no need to worry, I have all that planned out.", I smiled wryly. I raised my voice a little when I addressed Jack, so he could hear me. "Any questions, Jack?", I imagined he would have to deal with quite a bit on this trip, and I wasn't sure whether braking the news slowly or all in one go would be better.

I sighed, perhaps it would be best if I called in an old friend... Well, young friend. I pulled out my phone, and dialled her number. "Good day, it's Gen. I was wondering if you could do me a favour? The small town I'm in, Faymarsh, Inari has decided to bring her little crusade here... I need to travel back to the Dark City soon. Could you come to help this team I've set up? Hector will be arriving shortly, also."

@SirGrey @CactusJuice @StoneWolf18 

Last edited by a moderator:
Kiraan partially regretted her decision the night before. She hadn’t drank that heavily for quite some time, and now it was coming back to bite her in the ass. Which she why she remained where she was for the time being, cocooned deeply in the sheets on the bed of a hotel room she had been staying in. The blinds had been drawn as shut as possible, yet it still allowed the barest hints of sunlight to filter in which annoyed her dearly both due to her race and the pounding in her skull. Burying her face in a pillow, the woman was able to fall dead to the world for...oh, maybe five more minutes when her cell phone rang. It’s standard ringtone like knives being driven through her eardrums. Groaning audibly, she squeezed her eyes shut momentarily before blindly reaching out for the device. It was found eventually, unfortunately being positioned right beneath a diluted ray of sunlight with provided an unpleasant wake up call. Accepting the call, she reluctantly brought it up to her ear, preparing to chew whoever decided to call her’s head off when her voice abruptly caught in her throat. It was Gen, one of the few vampires she still was in contact with. And apparently the current crisis that she had heard about yet was more than inclined to keep herself out of was now unavoidable as she was being dragged into the mess. Listening for a moment, she sighed and grumbled in response “I'm extremely curious how you expect me to get there during the bloody day..."

@FrostFire

I laughed, wondering how she could get into such a state. "Ah yes. I forget that not all of us have amulets...", I cast a sidelong glance at Lizzie, "Hmmm... Perhaps travel once night falls? I do not know, I'm sure you can work something out, my dear!", it was nice to be talking to a friend again, after so much time on the road, and I hadn't spoken with Kiraan in so long.

@StoneWolf18

It took quite a bit to hold back a sharp retort, especially considering the state she was in. “And you are aware of my struggle to get ahold of one on Earth. Besides, night isn’t going to be falling for a while considering the day has just begun.” Kiraan paused for a moment, before sighing. “ Any ideas would be lovely, unless you fancy waiting quite a few hours.” The woman would they fall silent, awaiting an answer.

@FrostFire

I smirked, she was obviously in a worse mood than I had first thought. "Hmmm... Find a tunnel? Well, I'm sure you can think of something. Or just travel at night. It isn't that bad yet. Well, I wish you the best of luck. I probably won't be here, as I will need to leave shortly, although if you find one of the witches who I have briefed, I'm sure they can fill you in! Goodbye, Kiraan.".

@StoneWolf18

Completly out if place for the situation, but atleast he will be available)

"What? Yeah yeah, im digging into one now. Ugly little bliksem, though." The young male grumbled into the phone pressed to his ear by his shoulder, his hands busy at the moment.

While he had seen them before, these bastards, malachs, he believes they're called, were popping up more and more. Parasites with human hosts...

Something like that needs to be dealt with. At least controlled. Thats were he came in. He needed to find some way to keep the humans out of the loop.

Right now he had the corpse of one dissected, looking over the various organs and blood.

"These things dont look any better cut open, i can tell you that much. They're some foul ones too... for now, just...look into human leech repellant. Thats all they are, right? Overgrown leeches? Its atleast a start...yeah i know. Ill get it done. Yeah...i should know something in afew hours...yeah...

Totseins." Adrian hung up the phone, after tossing his gloves. Taking a pitch of what resembled some very thick mud in his hands, he began to scrub them together like it was germx or something.

" Massive leeches that can take control..."he sighed, shaking his head. He managed to get 4 of the ugly beasts. Three of them were caged in trunks, sealed with runes, chains, silver, and any other kind of lock he could manage. And number 4 was split open on his table. He only used silver utensils. If the thing was alive it would have done something. Silver was likely effective. Most creatures that live through the vale are affected negatively. Sure there are some exceptions. Goblins dont like tomatos, ghosts stay away from iron. So it was possible...

He ran a hand over his eyes, before hearing a faint bell. With one final sigh, he grabbed his phone, and headed upstairs.

"Welcome! To the Black Leaf! We sell potions, charms, and tricks for all your otherwordly desires!"

Johnny

"Well I hope you have plan for getting a wanted fella like me through a place like that in one piece" he says.  After he gets Gen's reply he goes back towards his seat.  He would need all the rest he could get  before he had to get back that place. Playing with his lighter the con man wondered about how that awful place would of changed if at all. Couldn't get any worse at least. If that was the best thought Johnny had he knew this would be filled under the bad memory store.

Liz

The detective watched her on phone. The smile suggest a friend, maybe someone she hasn't spoken to in a while. Gen was obviously not native to this town so this could be some one from back home. Maybe another ally. Going up to talk to her she asks "When are we going" in a cold tone. @FrostFire @Robyn Banks

[SIZE=12pt]When he realized Gen was directing the question at him now, Jack paused for a minute. Not because he didn’t have any questions, but because he was trying to decide what questions he should act first. He had so many. What is the Dark Dimension? What is this group of Kitsune trying to accomplish? Why didn’t Gen burn in the sunlight? How is a monster that loses control of itself every full moon going to protect a town? What were the best weapons to bring along? Was there anything he couldn’t bring? Would he have to pretend to be a monster? Where there other kinds of monsters he was unaware of? How many opponents did they have? How many allies did they have? All these questions and many more raced through his head, but before he could spit any of them out, Gen was on the phone. She mentioned something about her friend not having an amulet, so she should come at night or find a tunnel or something. So there are special amulets that allow vampires to walk around in daylight. He concluded. At least that answered one of his questions, but it was still only one answer, and he had plenty of questions. In fact, this answer brought more questions with it. What exactly are the amulets made from? How are they made? What’s the most effective way to destroy one? He sighed. Something told him that he’d never get an answer to all the questions he’d come up with. Even if they were answered, he’d find more things to question, and it would be an endless cycle. He chuckled quietly. This truly is just the way man thinks. It is how they made so many scientific discoveries after all.[/SIZE]

I raised an eyebrow at Jack, having read all of his internal questioning telepathically. I had considered it appropriate to keep tabs on him, just in case he made any rash decisions.

"Women have made many scientific discoveries, Jack. I even contributed myself. Although, not under my own name...", chuckling darkly, I thought about my colourful history. "Would you like me to answer all your questions? Or only a few...?", a smirk rose slowly on my lips. I had a feeling he wouldn't take that very well...

@CactusJuice

(Lol, thought I'd get him out of his comfort zone... X3)

As Gem soon hung up, she groaned and allowed her cell to fall on the mattress while she closed her eyes. Yet no matter how hard she tried, sleep wouldn't come. Hell, it hadn't for three-hundred and seventy-nine years to be exact. One of the many things she missed about being human. Regardless, she had quite a bit of time to spared that would be spent mulling over her most recent brief conversation. She was to help a team consisting of unknown individuals work against some damned Kitsune? Great. More information would've been bloody lovely yet it was a bit late for that now. For all she knew, this "group" could be entirely of humans getting themselves involved in a mess they barely understood. The thought brought a small smile to her lips before a quiet chuckle escaped them, finding the notion rather comical whilst shifting her position slightly. Making herself comfortable to wait until night fall.

Only downside? She hadn't fed for forty-eight hours, and fifty was usually her limit.

Just another inconvenience to tack onto the ever-going list.

[SIZE=12pt]Jack was caught off guard and he sat up. His thoughts was a jumbled in confusion. Not wanting to be viewed as sexist, he quickly correct his thoughts. I meant like mankind! Like how one might refer to cities as “the work of man”. I just meant that’s how HUMANS think as in not MON- He paused and relaxed a bit. Wait a minute. Why was he freaking out? Even though he hadn’t meant to sound sexist, it’s not like she could have heard him. Vampires had many supernatural abilities, but as far as he could tell, telepathy wasn’t one of them. He was reminded again of his case with female vampire. Even just thinking about, he couldn’t help but flush slightly. If she had had telepathy… Jack placed his hand on his neck where she’d bitten him. ..well I probably wouldn’t have blood running through my veins right now. He walked to the doorway that connected the rooms.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Then he processed the rest of things Gen had said. She mentioned how she had contributed herself under a different name. Jack nodded. This didn’t surprise him particularly. For all he knew, she could be thousands of years old, and sadly many women had to pretend to be men to be heard. He remembered many great writers such as Charlotte Brontë used masculine or gender neutral writer names. His mother had made sure he learned about how women had contributed to history. She had very much disliked gender based discrimination. My mother… Flashes of her passed through his head. She had almost always been smiling warmly. When she was holding his hand as they visited museums or foreign lands, when they were playing at the beach, when she was cooking her delicious homemade Stroganoff, he remembered her smiling. Even right after he’d done something wrong and had been punished, she’d smiled. Her smiled had been one of the few constants in Jack’s life. Well…until that night… The image of eyes burned through his head. At first glance they looked human, but upon further inspection they definitely were not. They were eyes full of bloodlust, full of a murderous rage, full of a…hunger. They were the eyes of a monster. Realizing Gen had asked him another question, he shook his head clearing his thoughts once more. There was a reason he avoided thinking about his parents. “..uhm..I…” It took him a moment to recover and process what she’d said. “...what questions? You mean what I asked earlier?” He pondered this. Was it possibly he had asked his questions out loud? Even if he had only muttered them, Gen likely would have hear. Vampires’ ears were quite acute.[/SIZE]

@FrostFire

@SirGrey @Robyn Banks @Geozaki

My eyes widened, echoing the sadness he felt in his memories. I spoke directly to him telepathically, I'm so sorry that something like that could happen... But trust me when I say, I would never do anything of the sort. And... I did not go by only male names. I had many female code names. And no, you did not say them out loud.

I raised an eyebrow questioningly, no hint of out internal conversation showing on my face, although I expected Lilly would notice the signs.

Looking over to Liz, my expression hardens. "Considering your little fiasco earlier... I'm going to keep you here, to help the others staying here. There is not need to take many to the Dark Dimension, and considering your standpoint, even if your skills would be useful... I think it's best that you stay here. And maybe look after Buffy for Jack!", I was smiling by the end of what I had said. Unfortunately, it was out of the question that Buffy came anywhere near the gate, for our sake, and his.

@CactusJuice @Geozaki @SirGrey

Jack recoiled when he heard her voice, or more accurately, he felt it. He nearly dropped his coffee. What the hell? As he figured out what was going on rage began practically pouring off him I waves. She had invaded his very mind. It had been one the few places he thought was safe, and now she knew about his parents. It was a weakness she’d likely take advantage of later. Oh, so you can read minds? He quickly took control of his anger. Then let me show you something. He remembered one of his first cases.

It had happened in a rural area, and the local authorities merely suspected it was a serial killer. In a way, it was, and his signature was sick and twisted as he must have been. He remembered the pictures of the bodies. They had been children mainly. All had been missing a significant amount of blood, but it was hard to tell if it was from being drained or the mutilation. To better prove his point, he vividly remembered the body he’d seen in purpose. It was a little girl he’d been too slow to save. He remembered the sickening smells, the flies, the blood and parts spread everywhere, and her twisted limbs. Looking back on it, it was very similar to how a child may break his toy…or play with his food.

The scene changed to a cabin out in the woods near the sight of the killings. The teenage Jack had had a young boy, not much older than Lilly, tied up. He pointed his crossbow at the boy readying to pierce his heart. The boy was in tears; he begged and pleaded with Jack. He swore he wasn’t the murder; he’d never harm anyone. The young Jack softened at the boy’s tears. He seemed so sincere. ‘If you’re not the killer, then help me find him.’ Jack had said as he bent over and began untying him. The boy nodded quickly. ‘I-I’ll help you, in w-whatever way I c-can-‘ The boy stopped. The innocent look on his face had vanished. As soon as he was released his fangs were in Jack’s exposed neck. ‘B-bastard.’ Jack growled as he realized what had happened. ‘On second thought, I think I’m done playing with you.’ The boy whispered menacingly. A wicked smile was now on his face. Jack struggled, but the boy was much stronger then him, and his strength was fading quickly. “K-kōgeki.” He managed to sputter out. It meant attack in Japanese. Wolf was already flying towards the boy. The big white Husky put his own teeth in the boy’s neck and pulled him away. Jack quickly brought a hand up to his neck in an attempt to stem the blood flow. He aimed and, with great precision, fired his crossbow into the boy’s hand nailing him to the ground. As the now weakened boy struggled to free himself, Jack loaded another bolt. He stepped on the boy’s free arm forcing it to the ground and fired bolt through that hand as well. Jack looked at the boy with disgust and fury. “So it was you after all.” He loaded a final bolt. “Tell me why. Why did you do it? You didn’t need to kill that many, and killing adults would have been more efficient.” The boy composed himself. The wicked grin once again cracked his lips. “Because it was fun.” Jack face became cold, and he aimed his crossbow at the boy’s chest.

The scene cut out. I think you’ve seen enough to know what happened. As you saw, I've heard that one before, so forgive me if I don’t believe you. He turned away. Now stay the hell out of my head. or I'm going to put a stake in your heart. It was an empty threat, and he knew it, but he was too angry to care. He walked away and sat on his couch again. He decided he didn’t want to be near any of the others any longer than he had to.

@FrostFire @SirGrey @Robyn Banks

Jack entered the room, he seemed distant. Then, not much later he stormed off angrily. Though it seemed like nothing much had caused the outburst, Lilly knew differently. She glanced at Gen worriedly, then, deciding that she couldn't offer much to the conversation anyway, she slowly stood up and cautiously followed Jack. When he sat down she waited a moment, then, after building up the courage she spoke, making her presence known to him. "J-jack... a-are you ok?" she asked softly. "what's wrong?" she asked without waiting for a reply. Weather he admitted it or not, Jack was obviously not ok. Lilly stayed a fair distance away from Jack, not wanting to intrude, and if he wanted her to leave, she would do so without complaint. 

@FrostFire @CactusJuice

(Mild graphic content. You have been warned...)

I sighed. I had expected such an outburst.

You naive boy. What do you think I'm trying to save? My tone was calm and collected, but I had my own memories to share.

I bombarded him with all of the death and destruction I had seen over the years. The plague, with bodies pilled on bodies, blackened cysts bursting with puss. War zones, the countless wars I had seen, of me fighting with a sword or gun in hand on the front lines. I also sent images for me, carrying children from the frozen corpses of their parents who had starved to death in the cold. Children I had nurtured, watched grow old, and die from natural causes. I had always adopted, even before I was turned. Some of the images I sent his way, even made me tear up. I sent scenes, much like the ones he had sent me, whole villages decimated by a single vampire, and of me, ripping their heads off before they could do any more destruction. I sent vivid images from a small village in Siberia, decimated by malach. People being ripped to shreds by massive leeches, and I slicing them to bits with a katana. I even sent one of my worst memories. The memories I had from Japan, when world war 2 came abruptly to an end with 2 very powerful bombs. I had carried as many screaming children as I could from there, seeing the bombs go off, from 50 miles away.

I have seen enough. But now, so have you. I have seen much more in my years. I have been there, saving as many as I can. And I am doing the same now, I have always been at the front lines, there to see everything. Do not talk to me about pain and suffering boy, I have seen enough. And no, I will keep tabs on you, lest you attempt to do something stupid that will get us all killed.

@CactusJuice

(I didn't want to go too in depth, but use your imagination lol)

Izuru was certain that Lady Tourmaline and Jack the Ripper were communicating telepathically. He couldn't ascertain what exactly they were transmitting, but certainly it was something painful and heavy. Probably memories of the past. He knew Genevieve would have many heart-wrenching memories, having lived so long a life. Whatever it was, it was enough to send Jack off in a temper. Previously he wouldn't have known that Genevieve was keeping tabs on Jack, but it made sense. He was a human, and a hunter no less. They both had good reason to be cautious. 

Before he could do anything more, he received another message from the Sprites. 

*Izuru-san, we have found the infected humans begin exhibiting signs of malach maturation. We plan on observing the three more closely, is that acceptable?*

*Yes, excellent work, Ahiko. Be sure not to put yourself in any unnecessary danger. Is Maiyuu holding up?*

*Ye--*

*Aaah, the human magic!^ It's draining my energy~! But don't worry, we'll take care of these baddies.*

*...*

*We'll remember to stay at an adequate distance, Izuru-sama. How is it on your side?*

*We're encountering some difficulties with co-operation. I'm not surprised as there are at least 5 different species within our ranks. It should get sorted out soon, I have faith in the woman Hirohashi made me swear to protect.*

@FrostFire

^human magic=technology

Jack should his head. While it wasn't particularly pleasant, he'd always been exposed to a lot of gore. Before his parents were business owners, they were also doctors. His grandfather had insisted that his successor have those kinds of experiences before hand. Even from an early age, he'd seen plenty of surgery. Of course that didn't compare to this. However, after his incident with the vampire boy, his grandfather had shown him plenty of such images. He'd even been taken to battlefields to view them first hand. It was another form of training. Training that desensitized him to such things. After all, it took that kind of heartlessness to shoot what appeared to be a child, and then hide its body. As Jack had said, sometimes you have to hunt what you become. He should have known his memories wouldn't have affected Gen. He had almost forgotten that monsters like her had no qualms to over come when they viewed such things. Hell, he wouldn't be surprised if Gen knew the boy. Initially, he had been confused as to why Gen would adopt and save children, but then it became clear to him. It's the lost child syndrome. He didn't know the actual term, but he'd seen it before. It usually occurred in female vampires. The cause was generally the inability to have children or the death of their child in life. Whatever, the cause the vampire would want a child, so they'd go out of their way to obtain one like human would go to get a puppy. Sometimes he'd seen entire families killed over it. Jack shook his head. It was kind of sad honestly. Whatever, I'm not trying to start some "pain and suffering" contest with you. I just want you out of my head. I'm not going to cause the death of anyone but myself, and, at this point, I wouldn't mind if I did.

@FrostFire

I sighed. Some people were just too stubborn to reason with.

"Well, the group coming with me, we should begin our journey. That would be...", I paused for a moment, assessing who was available.

"Johnny and Jack, please prepare for a journey. Obviously Izuru-san and Lilly will be coming too. Hana and Liz, please inform Hector and Kiraan of our situation when they arrive. I'm sure it won't be long. Please, be careful", I fidgeted a little, I was sure they'd be fine, but I still worried for this small town. 

@Geozaki @CactusJuice @SirGrey @Nyctophiliac @Robyn Banks

Johnny

"Well I'll guess I will be seeing ya later don't get into any trouble while I'm gone" Johnny says to his partner as he gets up from the chair. She said to prepare but what could really prepare for something like this. Going outside the con man decides to have yet another cigarette.

Liz  

Liz knew that she wasn't going. She didn't mind. Defending this place. Not great but still didn't mind. Working with the blonde witch. Mind did really mind. Deciding to sit back and wait and see how the others would react. @FrostFire @Robyn Banks @Nyctophiliac @Geozaki @CactusJuice

Jack sat there for a bit. He wanted to ask Gen questions, but he was still quite angry with her. She was probably still invading his privacy by reading his mind. He hoped not many other vampires could do that; it was really an annoying ability. There was a knock on his door. My package must be here. He stood back up and walked over to the door. After looking through the peephole to make sure it wasn't someone else, he swung the door open. "Jack Azarias?" The man holding a clip board asked. There was a pile of boxes beside him. Jack nodded. "I have some things for you to sign." Jack took the clipboard from the man and sighed in various places. "Thank you." Jack said as he gave the man a polite smile and handed the clipboard back. "Have a good day, sir." The box guy said. Then he turned and walked away. "You too." Jack called after him before carrying stacks of boxes inside. After making a few trips, he shut the door. "So is there anything besides Buffy that a I can't bring?" He said as he tore open his first box. Jack was man who very much appreciated over night shipping.

@FrostFire @Geozaki @SirGrey @Robyn Banks @Nyctophiliac

My face scrunched up, a half smirk on my face. He wasn't going to like this... "Err... No weapons whatsoever, no technology. And no Buffy, I'm afraid...". I grimaced a little, thinking on how thorough the searches were. I felt sorry for him, considering he'd be defenceless without his weapons.

"I have a stock of weapons there, but you wouldn't ever be able to get anything even remotely weapon like near the gate and live...", I sighed.

@CactusJuice

Jack sighed. "...you know that would have been really nice to know BEFORE I ordered all of this." He pondered on this problem. He'd been in a few situations like this before. For one, he could pour the fuel for the flamethrower into jars. It'd basically just look like oil then. Then of course he'd bring some lighters and matches as well. It wasn't the best, but it was something. If he removed some padding from some of his gear, he could form some makeshift armor under his clothes with some duct tape. Now as to weapons. Perhaps I can disassemble some of them? He shook his head. No, too risky. Well he could always bring unsharpened sticks of wood. Maybe if he brought some string, he could construct a very weak bow. It wasn't optimal, but it was better then nothing. He could also try removing the gunpowder from his bullet. While it wasn't the safest thing to do without the proper tools, it could prove useful later on. Jack could handle himself pretty well in unarmed combat, but without weapons, he didn't have much killing power, and that was something he'd need in a life and death struggle.

I shook my head, "I don't think you understand. If it wasn't around in the dark ages, it's illegal. The only thing a human will be able to bring would be the clothes on their backs.. Otherwise, you'll most definitely be killed.", I sighed. I had decided to break the news on how exactly we were getting in later.

@CactusJuice

Jack sighed. "So no weapons and nothing that didn't exist in the dark age?" It made thngs far more diffcult, but he wasn't one to give up so easily. Well then my body armor idea could still work. Perhaps he'd have to use a different material if they were really that stingy. "So no oil in jars or vases? I'm pretty certain those were both around in the dark ages." Jack nodded. He knew the Persians and many others had used oil in warfare. He may not be able to use his flamethrower fuel, but just oil should do the trick. The lighting method would be more difficult; he'd have to use flint, but it was still better then nothing.Even if he wasn't allowed to bring anything because he was human, someone else could bring it instead. The wood sticks with a string would work too. Suddenly his eyes widened, and he shoved his hand into his jacket. Pulling out his phone and cigars, he tossed them on the bed. He'd almost forgotten he'd had them.

@FrostFire

I rubbed my temples, this was going to be harder than I had expected. "Look. I'm not going to endanger everyone in our group, so you can bring along some oil. Trust me, Jack. Even I have difficulty getting in and out, and I'm practically royalty.", I snorted at that. It was rather amusing, how people regarded me with such revered hatred.

@CactusJuice

Users who are viewing this thread

Back