Faymarsh Village

Either due to nightmares or an adaptation to his profession, Jack was a very light sleeper. He popped up when Gen began moving around. He looked around very much awake now. Buffy was also roused, and he looked around a bit groggily before lying his he'd back down. Jack scratched his head a bit before rising. He checked the time. It was still quite early, but Jack was an early riser. He started the coffee machine in his room. He then walked around and quietly checked on everyone. Gen was awake and watching the sunset; he imagined she drawn to it in a similar way a moth is drawn to a flame. Checking the time again, he summarized he'd have about an hour or two before his package arrived. It was plenty of time for a good shower. Grabbing himself another suit from his briefcase, he walked into the bathroom in his room. He flipped on the shower, and as it warmed he decided he'd also keep his gun and crossbow in their with him. You could never be too careful. Placing it on the sink counter, he considered locking the door. He decided it was best he leave it unlocked incase of an emergency. Besides, the running water should be ample warning the bathroom was in use. After he undressed, he pulled back the shower curtain and stepped in. While he often had to take cold ones, Jack prefered paticularly warm showers. He enjoyed the warm water running over his body, and it helped his body wake up a bit. Steam soon began to filling the air and fogging up the mirror.

@Bethari @FrostFire @Geozaki

Lilly nodded, "Yeah thanks" She said with a smile. She would have asked Gen if she had slept well, but she knew that Gen didn't really sleep due to her being a vampire. Lilly felt rejuvenated, she generally felt tired and would be a little slow to finally come to her senses after a usual night's 'sleep' but this morning she was full of energy.
@FrostFire @CactusJuice @Bethari

Lizzie stirred in her sleep when Jack turned on the shower, but soon fell back asleep. She was such a heavy sleeper, the sound of an explosion couldn't wake her. Natural light could, though. Probably. 

@CactusJuice

During the hours of darkness, Shugo Izuru had crept into several dreams. By distracting the human mind with richly detailed dreams and fantasies, he could effectively delve into their subconsciousness which was always conveniently unprotected during sleep. In this manner, he learned how one of the infected girls became ill. Her name was Katherine... he discovered she went to Faymarsh High and was practically idolized as some noble or royalty by the other humans. It hadn't been that long ago that she had become ill... Shugo traced her memories back to a scene before a restaurant when she had felt something like a mosquito bit her on the back of her neck. He withdrew quickly after that, not wanting to linger too long. Before his spirit form departed he glimpsed the scenes playing in her still sleeping form. A fancy red car zooming across a bridge... a magnificent skyline of a human city... bright lights and sunset skies... Ah, she must be dreaming of the human city of New York.

Through her, he managed to find another one of her friends who was also sleeping but not restfully. Her dreams were more like nightmares, eerie scenes playing out without end. She had also felt the same prick as the first girl, this time on her leg after they left the restaurant. A third girl was similarly infected, she had also been there with the other two females and she had gotten stung a few hours after they finished eating. That was enough for now. Shugo left the Dream Realm and became physically manifested in his fox form. 

"How much longer?" Maiyuu asked with a yawn. She swiped a hand over her eyes. 

"Not much, we're almost done!" Ahiko responded with an exhalation as they came to the last building for the night.

"Faymarsh High," Kaoru read from the sign in front. She led the way into the school which would be opening in less than an hour...

Jack considered his situation again as he shampooed his hair. He wondered why they'd wanted his help. Sure he was quite skilled at killing vampires, but it seemed that Gen had no problems doing that herself, and he had never managed to kill a kitsune. Not only that, but it seemed like everyone here knew more about the situation then he did; he had been completely left in the dark. 

"Yep but my question is how do you intend on finding her. The methods I use to track someone doesn't really apply to this case. Any ideas?" She ask slinging her bag behind her back. She took another croissant before making her way to the car. She found herself getting lost in thought whilst looking at the sky. A habit of hers. It wasn't too long before she snapped back into reality and entered the car.

@SirGrey

Last edited by a moderator:
"Oh that's very simple lass" Johnny says with a smile as he gets into the car. "I use my method of having too much time on me hands, ya see I didn't imagine that anyone who knows a vampire detective would live in a town like this so I checked up the local motels and hotels, Genevieve Tourmaline isn't too common an name and saying I'm airport staff with her luggage come to look for her ain't too much a stretch" Johnny explains as he rest into the rather nice seat of the car. Showing her the location of the hotel he says "Yeah see I've by my own kind of magic". @Robyn Banks @FrostFire

"You sly dog. Then again I shouldn't be surprised." She said, driving off. After a detour or two. They made it to the quiet hotel.  She didn't take the take to beckon johnny to coming along this time since she expected him to follow anyways. Hana opened up the back of her trunk which was filled with a plethora of supplies, The majority for hunting. She took what she need and placed them carefully in the holdings of her belt. She examined the address again to find the room number.  "Hmm... Alright it's this way." She informed directing him to the stairs. If she was sincere, she had a mixture of excitement and nervousness settling inside of her. She didn't know what to make of the future situation at hand. Once they arrived to the door. Hana turned to Johnny. "Since you have such a pretty face, I think yours should be the first thing she sees when she opens the door."

@SirGrey

"Hmmh" Johnny says sitting back in the car. After travelling through the 'beautiful' American road system they finally arrived at the motel. Getting out of the car the con man stretches his arm. It was good to finally be getting somewhere with this investigation. Hana gathered her supplies from the boot of the car Johnny had a look over the hotel. A tall building which looks like it cost you an arm and a leg. The car park was filled with cars that probably cost a number with a lot zeroes on the end. The inside had a nice carpet, chandlers and at least one staff member called Jeeves. A perfect for the rich and the hiding.  "Lead the way" he says as he follows his partner up the stairs. Inside Johnny was a feeling of intrigue and caution. They had no way of knowing what was ahead. Then again were is the fun if you no where ya going. "You keep saying things like you gonna make me blush" Johnny says as he knocks on the door. @Robyn Banks @FrostFire

I was already at the door, and opened it before his fist hit the wood. "Well, hello Mr Caynes, Ms Decody. It seems you ignored the letter. Please, come in.", I opened the door wider, and stepped to the side with a smile. I was interested to see how they would react to what I would tell them. Considering we were all here, I sent a telepathic message to Izuru-san and Hector to meet us here. The door to Jack's room was closed, and Lilly was still in my room.

@SirGrey @Robyn Banks @Geozaki

She smirked at her partner."What can I say? I'm kind of a flirt. Can't be helped." She shrugged. Before Johnny could not on the door, The woman that she figured was Genevieve Tourmaline, opened the door and gave her little greeting. How does she know about the letter?,  Hana thought prior to entering the room. It was filled with grandeur as she would expect from the exterior of the hotel. "I wouldn't say Ignore Mrs.Tourmaline. My partner and I didn't have a clear explanation nor did we know you were aware. If you don't mind, Can you tell us how you know who we are?"

I laughed, as if it was obvious. "Why, Hana. I am the one who sent for you!", I closed the door behind them.

"Perhaps, but regardless of Armina's great power, she cannot do much from where she is. I'm afraid your little spat did not do her any good.", I sighed, and shook my head. "You were given very clear instructions, Hana. And there was no need for you to research me, you will find that out in due course. You won't find anything much in there anyway, I'm afraid, my dear.", my voice turned icy cold by the end of what I had said, but then my demeanour changed back again once I had finished, to friendly and warm.

@Robyn Banks @SirGrey

Already? Izuru thought. He swiftly made preparations to return to the hotel. He sent a cross-dimensional message to the sprites. I am going to meet with Genevieve. How goes your operations? 

We've done a general sweep around town. All seems clear except the few you mentioned. We're at the humans' high school right now. 

Good, tell me if you find anything more. ...Also, Lady Tourmaline said something about working with witches. 

Not a problem. We've worked with all sorts before. 

[COLOR= rgb(255, 215, 0)]Daijoubu desu!* No worries, no worries! Ha ha... ha. (a yawning sound)[/COLOR]

Alright, good work. Take a rest so you're ready for whatever comes your way. 

ROGER! I'll... go... zzzzzz

Ah. ...She fell asleep right on the teacher's desk. 

We'll do as you say, Izuru-san. The mind-link closed with a wink of light. Kaoru picked up Maiyuu's slumped over form and winged her way over to a little alcove above a light fixture. 

Shugo began to float off the ground, making his way over to the hotel he had been at last night. 

* translates to "it's alright"

Before John could even knock the door was opened. Opened by a very nice looking lass. A very nice familiar looking lass. "Course miss Tourmaline". Johnny walked in rather clammily. She was trying to show her power and influence trying to make them scared. It was good strategy the con man had used it himslef in the past. The room was a grand one with a bed you could fit a cow,  chandler for lighting, a tv bigger then John's bed and even a mini fridge. "Ah how the upper half live right" Johnny jokes as he sits down. He lets his partner go first. She stood her ground well Still with who she was up against it wouldn't look good. Her response was cold and calculated meant to shake the witches. Then John ain't shaken easy. "Well yeah luckily for me I don't need to research that name " Johnny says with a grin. "The vampire on the side of angels, warms even my brunt out little heart". Johnny  had heard the name on one of his 'trips' to the Dark Dimension. He might of even meet her and forget, he did have other things on his mind at the time. Plus it was a few years ago. Then again who could forget eyes like that. @Robyn Banks @FrostFire  

"Well it would've been nicer to have had the information before hand. I was simply doing my job to the best of my ability with the resources that I had. But I'm here now ." She said in a rather calm manner than she honestly felt. She stuffed her hands in her pocket starting to do a quick examination of the place. She doubted that Mrs.Tourmaline was alone. 

@FrostFire @SirGrey

I sat down calmly. "I try my very best, Mr Caynes. Although you give me too much credit.". I sighed,

"Funny that you should pick Johnny, Hana. I left it up to the American branch to choose a witch or two, and here you are with another Brit. How amusing. Although, I work very closely indeed with the British Coven, and you are of great interest to me... It seems you've stirred up quite the ruckus om more than just Earth.", I raised an eyebrow, and smirked in an attempt not to laugh. Now this, would be interesting.

"You would be surprised, Johnny, how many vampires value life.", my voice was sad, and seeped with experience and pain.

I brightened up as I addressed Hana, the fleeting sadness gone. "Yes! You are here now. I have sent a message to the other, so that we can strategies when everyone has arrived. You will find dearest Lizzie in the other room,", I pointed at the door that joined the two rooms, "And our resident hunter. Who happened upon our cause while on his own mission. My daughter is on the balcony.". It was surreal as to how Jack had managed to stumble into this, and I intended to take advantage of that, by roping him into my plans.

@Robyn Banks @SirGrey

Jack continued to shower lost in thought, and he ended up taking quite a long shower. It may have been even longer if he hadn't heard Buffy whining. Jack tilted his head curiously. If it had been anything real serious, Buffy would have been freaking out, and he likely would have heard it. He turned around off his shower. Still it couldn't hurt to check. Wrapping a towel about his waist, he stepped out. Jack wasn't particularly shy about his body. Anyone who was awake would just see his upper body. Meaning they would know about his very intense excerise routines. Drying his hair with another towel he grabbed his revolver. He walked out of bathroom and found Buffy standing at the now closed door between their rooms. He swung it open to see what was going on.

@FrostFire @Robyn Banks @SirGrey 

My eyebrows raised further than I thought possible when Jack walked in. "Speak of the devil. Jack, this is Hana Decody, and Johnny Caynes. They will be helping with my... Problem.", I could barely contain my laughter, as he stood there in only a towel, thankfully, it only showed as a half smirk, pulling up one side of my lips.

@CactusJuice @Robyn Banks @SirGrey

"Yeah sorry its been a while since I heard the name slipped me mind" Johnny says to his partner as he sat back in his chair. For all his cynical edge Johnny could did have some respect for Miss Tourmaline, he could sympathize with fighting against your nature. "What can I say my reputation precedes me" Johnny says with his bedeviling smile. So she knew Johnny had been to the Dark Dimension. So what, I mean he only just got out of there. Three times. "Yeah I would" Johnny say sardonically remember the two he most recently meet. "Well we seem to have a team but a team for what would you mind telling" John says with slight annoyance in his voice. Just as he finished speaking the hunter came in. Johnny lets a laugh saying "Yeah well with pecks like that ain't ought gonna stop us". @CactusJuice @Robyn Banks @FrostFire

"Nice to know that Gingersnaps is here." She commented after being aware of Lizzie's presence."Yeah That's nice to know after I went through all the trouble to find out." She said sarcastically to johnny, starting to take a seat on the nearest couch. Hana turned her attention to the opening door to see a dark haired man only being covered with a towel. She snickered and gave the man a nod in acknowledgement, Figuring that he must be embrarrased enough. It was obvious that he was human. She couldn't sense any magic when he made his presence, but she still felt some around the hotel room. "Pleasure to meet you Jack." 

@SirGrey @CactusJuice @Bethari @FrostFire

Jack didn't expect to stumble upon so many people. No wonder Buffy had been whining. He heard the man he hadn't met yet a comment and couldn't resist making his own.  "Perhaps my abdominal muscles will suffice then?" He smiled. Despite his comment he was slightly embarrassed to be showing up in a towel, but that was more due to how rude it was then how exposed he was. He bowed his head slightly towards the new two people. "It's a pleasure to meet both of you. I do apologize for my appearance. I didn't realize we'd be having company." He turned towards Gen. "It seems as if there's a lot of things I've not been told." His smile remained, but there was no mistaking the hidden jab in his words.

@FrostFire @Robyn Banks @SirGrey

Lizzie heard three familiar voices from the other room. The hotel's walls were thick, but Liz was able to hear mostly everything, even with her head buried in fluffy bedding. God, I'm supposed to be working with those people? she thought, recognizing Johnny and the blonde chick's voices from last night. Please don't tell them I'm here. 

"You'll find dearest Lizzie in the other room," Gen said in the most patronizing way possible. Didn't she know that they were witches? They'd stake her as soon as look at her if they knew what she was. Hell, they almost killed Lizzie herself last night.

Suddenly, death by sunlight was looking like a more pleasant option. More pleasant than death by embarrassment, at least. Either way, she thought, there's no way I'm trusting people who tried to kill me. Maybe if I stay under these covers, they'll forget I'm here and go away. 

@FrostFire @CactusJuice @SirGrey @Robyn Banks

I held my hands up in surrender and laughed at Jack, "I certainly didn't ask them to come! They ignored the letter they were sent, and found me.", I rolled my eyes. 

"I would like to avoid repeating myself as much as possible, so I will wait for the others to get here before I explain to much. But, I will say this. This town is under threat from a malevolent force. Unfortunately, the attack has already begun, hence we are waiting for back up to arrive, before I go off to try and rescue my husband. I will imagine you'd wish to come, Johnny... Considering where we're going, you'll want to see Jess again.", I snickered. It was an odd coincidence that Hana had chosen this particular British outcast of a witch...

@SirGrey @Robyn Banks @CactusJuice @Geozaki @Jefferson @Nyctophiliac

(I tagged a few people, so they know what's going on! :D )

"Hm, it seems like quite the team has been brought together," the kitsune commented. Izuru had decided to come in through the balcony and met Lilly before he entered the room. He touched down lightly on the banister then transformed into his human form. In this way, he ended up sitting casually on the high position where behind him was thin air for several floors.  

"What do you say, Miss Lilly... Shall we go inside to meet them?" 

@Geozaki

Jack went to holster his fire arm forgetting momentarily that he had no way to do so. He sighed and shook his head. "Well then, if you'll excuse me, I think I'll go dress in more...appropriate attire." He turned and walked back into his room. While he left the door to his room open, he did shut the door to his bathroom. Setting his gun back on the counter, he dressed himself in a black suit. He checked the time. His package should be their shortly. He was about to leave, but, after a look in the mirror, he decided he should attend to his hair. They did have company after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back