What's new

Literature Favourite author/poet?

I'm honestly not the biggest reader in the world, but poetry and deep and meaningful short stories are my absolute favourite. As I don't read a lot, I don't have a large range of authors or poets that I love.
Angela Carter is my favourite author and my favourite book by her is called 'The Bloody Chamber', it would be awesome to hear if anyone else has read it or even heard of it.
I don't actually have a favourite poet as I like to read one off poems or just delve into random poetry books to find something original and inspirational. There is a Scottish poet that I've read, but for the love of God I can't remember his name, so that kind of sucks.

Who're you favourite authors/poets? I'd love to hear recommendations.

AlexRex

I have a few lately I’ve been confused about what’s normal for a person who is asexual I was recommended “the bone people” by Keri Hulme, it’s a complex read but has interesting layered characters ( 3 ) set in New Zealand ..I won’t say any more as I’m still reading it lol

I’d recommend it so far the writing style is very different and often poetic

I have a few lately I’ve been confused about what’s normal for a person who is asexual I was recommended “the bone people” by Keri Hulme, it’s a complex read but has interesting layered characters ( 3 ) set in New Zealand ..I won’t say any more as I’m still reading it lol

I’d recommend it so far the writing style is very different and often poetic
I shall add it to my list : )))

Idea

The Pun Tyrant The Gif Hydra
Douglas Adams or Adam Sanderson I feel. I love Adam’s style of funny writing, but I admire Sanderson’s work in the field of writing as a whole, not just the books. C.S. Luis is also a strong contender as “The Screwtape Letters” is one of my favorite books.

TheObsessedOne

The Source of Cringe
Honestly, it's difficult to tell.

When it comes to fantasy authors, I enjoy Pratchett, Sapkowski and Le Guin.

John Irving is also pretty awesome.

Colfer and Cabot are what I call my guilty pleasure authors. You can pry the Artemis Fowl and Mediator series from my cold, dead hands.

EDIT: I'm actually an English major (don't laugh, it's actually useful where I live as I live in a non-anglophone country) and I STILL prefer those 'fun' authors to the authors of literary canon. In fact, I hate most of them. Angry Young Men in particular can fuck right off. "Hurrr durr, I'm an alcoholic and beat my wife, this is deep somehow" Yeah no, I'll go back to my trashy authors.

_luna_

🖤emo on the inside🖤
Cinda Williams Chima, JK Rowling, Julie Murphy, Becky Albertalli, James Patterson, basically any YA author

Dove

Born to Fly
My favourite poet is probably Shel Silverstein. I love his simplicity and universality! I still have my copy of “Where the Sidewalk Ends” from when I was younger. c:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)