• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Fate of the Stars of Life (EPISODE 4: Formic Apocalypse)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Kqidons smiled a little underneath her mask. "C'mon! We got more caves to burn!" She said as she enters through another cavern of the hive.

Bowe chased Kqidons joyfully, whistling as she went. "Let's go, let's go!" She cheered playfully.

Hours went by, as the military invaders (Susan and Lux; Kqidons and Bowe; Rewby and Talia) began the tear apart the hive from the inside out, burning every and all of their operations to a crisp. During all of that...

We cut back to the Martian lab, where Ma’arz, alongside two Martian scientists, oversee Hamele’s recovery; although she’ll be getting a couple of new scars, Hamele is on the road of recovery, thanks to their new advanced Injury Healing Accelerator Bed, a experimental medical bed that that they tested on the doctor. “[Mhmm... your IHA Bed seems to be functioning as intended. You two proved yourselves correct about your claims.]” Ma’arz complemented the scientists, who laughed a little. “[Indeed. Da’Mapello healing magic may not be an exact science, but thanks to willing donors, we are getting close to perfecting easily replicated artificial healing particles for military use.]“ The Martian scientist replies to Ma’arz as he places his hand on a white square tank connected to the bed that said “Art. Healing Particles”.

Hamele would be - of course - resting and recovering nicely. She would probably be waking up soon - but she has been moving the odd bit, which does in fact show she is alive and well.

Back with our heroes, they began to regroup near the heart of the Formic hive, though they do not know this yet; they are still separate from each other. Despite it all, they all had done their parts in the continuing destruction of the hive:
  • Susan and Lux had quietly and simply destroyed all the nearby caverns they came across and began to approach the Queen’s nest. They hadn’t done anything special or spectacular during their reign of destruction. After all, this is a military-grade operation, not a show of performance.
  • As Talia helped Rewby to an exiting tunnel after planting some more high-potent explosives, the latter pulls out a lighter of sort and throws it behind her, into the bomb-ridden cavern. Then, the Lunarim and the Krystalline casually walks deeper into the tunnel as the bombs make a very violent explosion. They didn’t flinch or look behind them when the bombs detonated and the Formics are screaming. Badass.
  • Another cave, another mini-genocide. Kqidons and Bowe had gotten done setting another Formic cave ablaze after they took the time to kill a bunch of the bugs for the fun of it. They even kept tally marks on their respective weapons for each Formic they killed... and there’s a bunch of tally marks on them. Through sheer luck, they are tied 87-87.

Talia was basically yawning at all the chaos, only to smile when it all went off. That noise was sure to ring throughout the caverns, much to her delight. “That was so cool. I wanted to look behind me so bad.” She said, almost laughing.

Rewby was attempting to keep a stoic face like those badass movie stars would do in events like these until she cracks and laughed. "Well, don't, if you wanna keep the badass mojo!" Rewby responds to Talia's comment, laughing as well.

Lux had had his trusty notepad out to take notes on the formation of the hive and had taken a sample or two of the goop for later study. He turned to Susan, and His faceplate read, “Do we have any established time limit? Unless there’s something else special about the Formic or you’d let me incapacitate one and study it, I’d like to wrap up this hive collapsing.” Hoping not to come off as rude, he bowed slightly after she finished reading.

Another cave, another mini-genocide. Kqidons and Bowe had gotten done setting another Formic cave ablaze after they took the time to kill a bunch of the bugs for the fun of it. They even kept tally marks on their respective weapons for each Formic they killed... and there’s a bunch of tally marks on them. Through sheer luck, they are tied 87-87.
Bowe in particular is seeming to be really enjoying herself, laughing maybe a bit 'too' much it may or may not be unsettling. "Woo! This is fun!" She commented among her laughing as it would continue shortly after.

Talia bit back her laughter, and nodded. “Ok ok ok.” She said. She felt like they should dramatically be walking in slow motion or something.

Lux had his trusty notepad out to take notes on the formation of the hive and had taken a sample or two of the goop for later study. He turned to Susan, and His faceplate read, “Do we have any established time limit? Unless there’s something else special about the Formic or you’d let me incapacitate one and study it, I’d like to wrap up this hive collapsing.” Hoping not to come off as rude, he bowed slightly after she finished reading.
”There is no ’time limit’ that you speak of by this point, Lux.“ Susan responds in a whisper. “And no, you may not incapacitate a Formic for study. It is too risky to allow a rogue Formic into the flagship.” Susan continues.
Talia bit back her laughter, and nodded. “Ok ok ok.” She said. She felt like they should dramatically be walking in slow motion or something.
Eventually, as the cavern behind them remains in flames, they began to look, and feel, like absolute badasses. Though, the squishing of their steps kinda negate it a little.
Bowe in particular is seeming to be really enjoying herself, laughing maybe a bit 'too' much it may or may not be unsettling. "Woo! This is fun!" She commented among her laughing as it would continue shortly after.
Kqidons snickered with her, making a wide grin underneath her mask. However, she stopped dead on her tracks when they heard the sound of squishing footsteps. Potential Formics approaching. They stopped at a three way hallway.

Bowe seemed unsure, glancing down the three halls and seeming panicked like 'what do we do now'.

”There is no ’time limit’ that you speak of by this point, Lux.“ Susan responds in a whisper. “And no, you may not incapacitate a Formic for study. It is too risky to allow a rogue Formic into the flagship.” Susan continues.

Lux nods, understanding, but still wishing he could. “Perhaps a corpse? I could still gather data that could be used to more effectively kill them. Perhaps a BioWeapon.” His faceplate reads, footsteps quiet as a mouse.

Talia picked up one of her feet to look at the bottom of her shoe. “This is seriously killing the vibe.” She murmured, before continuing to walk. She wish she could skate down here, but her skates would sink in.

Lux nods, understanding, but still wishing he could. “Perhaps a corpse? I could still gather data that could be used to more effectively kill them. Perhaps a BioWeapon.” His faceplate reads, footsteps quiet as a mouse.
“That would require expressed permission by my superior for that to be possible; something that we do not, and will not, have.“ Susan responds quietly, as she slows down to a three way. “Perhaps next time.”
Bowe seemed unsure, glancing down the three halls and seeming panicked like 'what do we do now'.
Kqidons gestures the little kid to stay still and be quiet as the Vagrok warrior approaches the end of the three way to strike the impending soldiers.
Talia picked up one of her feet to look at the bottom of her shoe. “This is seriously killing the vibe.” She murmured, before continuing to walk. She wish she could skate down here, but her skates would sink in.
“Yeah, it really is.” Rewby responds, continuing to walk to the end of the three way, when suddenly... WOOSH! She was tackled to the ground by a certain someone. In the heat of the moment, the warrior pulls out her arm blades and prepares to strike her in the head.

Talia drew her weapons as well, and almost struck the person who tackled Rewby, before she realized who it was. “Wait, don’t hurt her!!” She said, talking to both of them at the same time.

Kqidons snapped out of it when she heard Talia’s face and finally takes a moment to see who she is tackling. “Oh, shit.” She said quietly as she quickly get back up, leaving the Krystalline petrified for a second.

Talia ran over to Rewby, and slid so she was next to her. “Hey, you ok?” She asked, before looking to Kqidons and Bowe. “Hey you two.” She said simply.

“That would require expressed permission by my superior for that to be possible; something that we do not, and will not, have.“ Susan responds quietly, as she slows down to a three way. “Perhaps next time.”
“I see. That’s unfortunate.” His faceplate said. Then he saw the three way fork they hit. “What should we do here? We could split up and cover ground at the risk of Formics, or we could leave a trail and go together down one of the Paths and come back here.” His faceplate read.

Kqidons gestures the little kid to stay still and be quiet as the Vagrok warrior approaches the end of the three way to strike the impending soldiers.
Bowe nods and stands as still as she could, not making a single sound. However, not too long later, she would find Kqidons tackling Rewby to the ground, managing a stifled laugh as she realised the scene itself.
“Hey you two.” She said simply.
"Talia! Rewby!" Bowe laughs and waves. "We found you!" She jokes in the same tone.

//I'm here again!
Talia ran over to Rewby and slid so she was next to her. “Hey, you ok?” She asked, before looking to Kqidons and Bowe. “Hey, you two.” She said simply.
"Y-Yeah, I'm alright," Rewby responds as she gets back up. Rubbing the sides of her rocky head, Rewby turned to the Vagrok. "Hey, sorry about that. Thought you were one of them." She apologized.
"Talia! Rewby!" Bowe laughs and waves. "We found you!" She jokes in the same tone.
Rewby laughs back, covering her mouth. "Well, indeed, you've found us!" She responds, smiling at the kid's innocence.
“I see. That’s unfortunate.” His faceplate said. Then he saw the three-way fork they hit. “What should we do here? We could split up and cover ground at the risk of Formics, or we could leave a trail and go together down one of the Paths and come back here.” His faceplate read.
"As much as the former sounds more effective, I suggest we take the latter plan." Susan quietly responds to Lux's proposal. "Even if you are an effective fighter, I don't want to lose sight of you. Especially on part of your previous incidents."

Bowe laughed it off, eventually calming herself down and obviously happy to have grouped up with them - that means there is one group left to find. "Lux and Susan are here?" She checked curiously, beginning to look around.

"As much as the former sounds more effective, I suggest we take the latter plan." Susan quietly responds to Lux's proposal. "Even if you are an effective fighter, I don't want to lose sight of you. Especially on part of your previous incidents."

“Fair enough.” Is all his faceplate says before taking a knife and carving a couple lines in the wall they can use later for when they come back.

Talia hummed abut, and got up. She knew that could’ve turned bad if Kqidons hadn’t realized exactly who she was tackling. “I don’t know where they are. They could be halfway around the hive...” She said, rubbing the back of neck slightly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back