• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Fate of the Stars of Life (EPISODE 4: Formic Apocalypse)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
He thought for a second, and then rubbed her helmet in an attempt to comfort her, since he couldn’t touch her head.

That’s alright. Thank you for trying.

He thought for a second, and then rubbed her helmet in an attempt to comfort her, since he couldn’t touch her head.

That’s alright. Thank you for trying.
Bowe smiled up at him as he did so, seeming to like his motion of caring intent. She closed her eyes a little to savour the moment and, now that's done, she would attempt to find something else to keep her busy.

“I was in Algebra II and Calculus at the age of eight and continued until the age of ten when I was offered an internship on a diplomatic mission explaining the premise of Quantum science and it’s algorithms. I can understand it just fine if it was in a language I could read.” She stated, barley any emotion crossing her tone. She was a little insulted but knew that he wouldn’t have known that. The only reason she hadn’t gone on that mission was her brother, and then the enslavement of her planet.
Ma'arz's eyes widen in interest when she explained all of that to him. "Quantum science, you say?" Ma'arz asked, intrigued. At that point, the Martian mathematician was beginning to tense up in stress and annoyance. "Well, I suppose I can try and explain it to you..."

Talia smiled happily, and nodded. “Damn right.” She muttered. Which was odd; she didn’t usually curse is English. In her language, oh, all the time. But not usually in English.

Talia smiled happily and nodded. “Damn right.” She muttered. Which was odd; she didn’t usually curse in English. In her language, oh, all the time. But not usually in English.
Ma'arz briefly glared at Talia for saying but nonetheless goes on to explain the equation to her. "So, as previously mentioned, this formula is mainly used for ship engine construction and gene splicing." He then begins to explain the complexity of the formula and what's needed to be learned first in order to understand its full purpose and potential, causing the mathematician to become more and more irritated.

Hamele would notice the mathematician slowly growing in anger and gulped, trying to motion to Ma'arz and Talia about the problem like 'guys, can you not do that' - though she herself didn't want to say a word as to make it worse.

Talia glances at the mathematician, then to Ma’arz. As interested as she was in this, she wanted to know what the heck was up with this guy. “Hey, super interesting and I want to learn more, but what’s his problem?” She asked, pointing a finger briefly at the Martian.

"I'm not too sure..." Ma'arz responds as he looked at the mathematician. "[Are you okay, sir?]" He asked the mathematician in his native tongue. "[Not at the moment.]" The Martian responds as he turns to Ma'arz with a very annoyed glare. "[I was trying to deduce the final chemical components to create a Formic-pheromone camouflage scent to use against the invading Formics and you and the Da'Mapello are distracting me.]" The Martian scolded Ma'arz, keeping his composure as he told him off. "[In my defense, sir, Talia was curious about the formula you were using at this time. Besides, she knows basic Quantum knowledge.]" Ma'arz attempts to explain to the mathematician as he gestures to the Lunarim while explaining. "[I care not. Now, please, do be so kind as to leave my post.]" He then turns back to the whiteboard and continues to fiddle around with the formula. "I think we should leave him alone. He doesn't want to be disturbed." Ma'arz said to Talia.

Meanwhile, the mask construction was going great. The mask shape was complete, the visors and filters were almost done, and overall only had about twenty minutes until they were done.

Talia sighed, slightly dishearten by the fact that she couldn’t help. She really whisked she could have, honestly. But it didn’t take long for her to be distracted again. She walked away from Ma’arz with no explanation, and started looking around again for basically anything that might seem similar to what she could know.

She saw Lux and Rewby’s progress, and skipped over to them. “It’s looks like it’s coming along well.” She said, walking up from behind them.

"Yup! I'm helping Lux program the visor part of his mask. Y'know, the thing that lets you see thermal and ultraviolet and all that?" Rewby told Talia as she grabs the visor and places it onto her eye to test the device. "I'm almost done with the visor, Lux." She informs to Lux, turning to look at him with the visor.

Lux turned around, took a look at the visor, nodded, and turned back to his work. He noticed Talia, and nodded to show him he acknowledges her presence.

Talia smiled wide, and got on her knees. She wasn’t sure how it worked (she was definitely not an engineer) but she didn’t really care. “What other features is it going to have?”

Lux pauses from his work for a second.

First off, it’ll have a biomechanical lock so only I can take it off. It’ll be bullet proof, plasma proof. Temperature adaptable. Have an oxygen container. Basically, you could live in the helmet. Second off, I’ll see in the dark, have thermal vision. See through several spectrums of light. UV light will be shined for assorted purposes, and it’ll have a basic AI computer. So it’ll have a voice too. Itll have a screen where my thoughts are turned into words over my mouth so I don’t have to write a bunch as well. Pretty advanced. If I had more free time, and this wasn’t such an important mission, I’d have input VR.

He wrote, and handed to Talia, and resumed his work.

Last edited:
Talia laughed a bit, and noted mentally everything it was going to have. It was a lot, really. "Nice! Good touch on the 'only I can remove it' part." She added, not really being blunt, but not so gentle either.

Lux nodded, he smiled in his helmet that no one can see into. He appreciated her praise on his idea for being the only one to remove it. Lux wanted to speed up the process of coding his A.I, so he decided to make a program to help him make a program to make the A.I on the computer while simultaneously finishing a few touches on the thought-to-words mouthpiece.

Bowe was still aimlessly exploring and trying to find some sort of technology she may be interested in - just anything to keep her busy. Kokoro was trying to find her, not sure where she went and noticeably worried regardless. As for Hamele, she's just staring upon the technology around her, seeming to enjoy this place (if it wasn't obvious)

"The only thing missing on the mask, at this point, is a cupholder." Rewby jokingly said as she looks around the room, continuing to test the visor until she removes it and hands it to Lux. "I think it's done."

Lux takes the visor, and runs a few checks on it. He nods in approval, and continues coding the A.I, his fingers flying across the keyboard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back