• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Fate of the Stars of Life (EPISODE 4: Formic Apocalypse)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Talia smiled, and looked it over, before training her eyes around the room for anything. Then she watched Lux program it, and she narrowed her eyes in surprise. He was a fast typer. “That’s cool. Not sure what you would do with a cup holder in battle though.” She added, smiling so they knew she got the joke.

Rewby shrugs, grinning like a moron. "I 'unno... perhaps get a drink in the midst of the battle?" She asks. In a few moments, a Martian wearing goggles and gloves came by to the trio and looked onto their workspace a little bit. It seemed as though he's trying to search for something.

Lux took a deep breath, not that they could hear him, and he went faster, eyes scanning the screen as he input the info in and informed it of all it would need to know. He tuned out Talia and Rewby respectfully, planning to talk to them once it was finished in just a few minutes.

Talia waved to the scientist with a smile, but stayed wary. She knew they had a habit to just grab things (she did too, not judging) but that wouldn’t turn out well with these three.

In a few moments, a Martian wearing goggles and gloves came by to the trio and looked onto their workspace a little bit. It seemed as though he's trying to search for something.
Hamele noticed and hoped to approach with intent to help - but had to be 'very' careful of what she says, given the previous warning of only to speak their language, so to speak... She motioned to the others like 'I'll try handle this one' as she approached this martian and tried to symbol to them 'what's the problem'.

Lux felt the presence of the Martian, and paused, letting the secondary program continue to build the A.I. He turned around, and grabbed his pad. He wrote in Martian Hieroglyphics, and it read,

Hello. Do you need something?

When the Martian saw Lux's note, he grabs it to see if he's seeing his writing right. "[What in the world...?]" He said to himself, kinda surprised that this Human managed to learn how to write his language. After a brief moment, he pulls out a pen and writes down a response on his note before giving it back to him.

[Chemical beakers and instruments. A group of Martian scientists and I are going to create a scent-masking compound that'll assist you and your associates in your mission to destroy the Formic hive. Do you mind lending me some, assuming that they're in your workstation?]

Lux read the note, and nodded. He held up a finger in a, "Just a second" gesture, and quickly searched his station. He opened a cabinet, and found just what he was looking for. He grabbed several test tubes, beakers, and Erlenmeyer Flasks. He set them on a nearby tray, and handed it to the Martian with a note attached, saying,

Here you go. And I heard just now you wonder how I can read and write your language. When we destroy the Formic hive, and if I see you again, I'll tell you.

The Martian, after reading the note, read that it means that he also understands their spoken language. When he handed the Martian the tray. He turned right back around and continued his work. He kept typing and set a timer for 2 minutes, showing Talia and Rewby that he set a limit for himself to be done with the A.I.

The Martian's eyebrows risen when he read the Human's note that he knows his foreign language and even speak it if he so chooses. Once he got the tray full of the equipment necessary to make the compound, he nods in thanks and walks away. When Lux makes a time limit for himself, Rewby both gasps and laughs. "O-Okay, don't you think you're pushing your luck a little bit?" She asked, grinning. Susan eventually comes by to check on the trio. "Hello. What're you all doing?" She asks.

Lux didn't turn around, only pointed at Talia and Rewby to explain what they are doing. Even someone inexperienced in coding could see that he was coming to a close in the programming of his A.I, and the clock was on less than a minute. His fingers were nearly a blur across the keyboard, too focused to notice anything but what was right in front of his eyes. The computer screen.

Talia smirked, and slightly rolled her eyes. “Show off.” She murmured, before turning to Susan. “He’s making his new mask. He set a timer for himself and is coding the A.I. right now. Two minutes was the limit.” Was all she said before turning back to watch. It was kinda cool, honestly.

Susan watched Lux finishing up the programming of the Artificial Intelligence in less than a minute. "Impressive. Even my best computer coders couldn't possibly compete with you, Lux." Susan complemented Lux. "... Hey. Where's Kqidons, captain?" Rewby asked as she turned around to face the captain. "She's with Ma'arz. They're going to one of the weapons production areas of the lab; she wanted to see some experimental weaponry." Susan responds matter-of-factly.

Bowe eventually came back to the others, found nothing of value. For now, she just dropped down and slumped over against a wall, bored out of her mind. Hamele and Kokoro were watching over her - much to Hamele's disappointment, as she would much rather browse the technology some more, shrugging it off, presumably all 3 of them talking together though it can't be heard very clearly.

Lux sat back in his chair as he completed the complex A.I. He turned to Susan and nodded in thanks of the complement. He unplugged a chip out of the computer he used, grabbed the mask that looked weird and incomplete since it had lines and spaces sections. He then put it in a box, and then wrote a note for Susan.

Permission to leave the lab so I may test the functionalities of my mask in an oxygen-rich environment?

Talia’s head snapped up at the sound of ‘experimental weaponry’, and she seemed delighted. “Weapons? Can I see!!”

Permission to leave the lab so I may test the functionalities of my mask in an oxygen-rich environment?
"Granted. Though, I do believe that there is a separate room that has an oxygen environment here..." Susan responds as she rubbed the area on her oxygen helmet where her chin should be.
Talia’s head snapped up at the sound of ‘experimental weaponry’, and she seemed delighted. “Weapons? Can I see!?”
"If you can find the duo, sure," Susan said. Once she gave Lux and Talia their separate 'okay's, she saw Bowe, Kokoro, and Hamele near a wall and proceed to walk over to them. "How is your stay here?" She asks.

Once she gave Lux and Talia their separate 'okay's, she saw Bowe, Kokoro, and Hamele near a wall and proceed to walk over to them. "How is your stay here?" She asks.
Hamele was beaming. "I love it!" She said eagerly, laughing a little. Bowe shrugged. "Bowe is struggling to find anything of interest... Bowe is however able to take nice, long walks!" Bowe said proudly, laughing too. And then there was Kokoro. "...I don't know, honestly." She said in a downed tone, obviously having her worries.

Lux takes his helmet and the A.I chip in the box, and then goes to a Martian that doesn’t look like he’s doing anything. He held his pad, which read in Martian Hieroglyphics,

Can you tell me where I can go where there is oxygen?

Hamele was beaming. "I love it!" She said eagerly, laughing a little. Bowe shrugged. "Bowe is struggling to find anything of interest... Bowe is however able to take nice, long walks!" Bowe said proudly, laughing too. And then there was Kokoro. "...I don't know, honestly." She said in a downed tone, obviously having her worries.
"Hm... Well, if it's in your interests, Bowe, I heard that Ma'arz and Kqidons are seeing some experimental weaponry." Susan informs the trio, though specifically telling Bowe.

Can you tell me where I can go where there is oxygen?
When the Martian saw Lux's note written in his language, his eyebrows rise in surprise. Under the assumption that Lux only knows how to write their language and not speak it, he grabs the note, pulls out a pen, and writes down a response.
[I know a testing site that is filled with oxygen and is used for our non-Martian scientists. Follow me.]

He wrote before giving it back to Lux and, after giving him a minute to read it, leads Lux somewhere out of the hub.

"Hm... Well, if it's in your interests, Bowe, I heard that Ma'arz and Kqidons are seeing some experimental weaponry." Susan informs the trio, though specifically telling Bowe.
Bowe lets it sink in and gets an idea. She gets a short flashback to Rewby's offer of upgrading her weapon before shaking herself. She had decided in her head to go and look at these weapons and make mental notes. "Can Bowe go and find them? Bowe will behave - she promises!" Bowe said hopefully.

When the Martian saw Lux's note written in his language, his eyebrows rise in surprise. Under the assumption that Lux only knows how to write their language and not speak it, he grabs the note, pulls out a pen, and writes down a response.
[I know a testing site that is filled with oxygen and is used for our non-Martian scientists. Follow me.]

He wrote before giving it back to Lux and, after giving him a minute to read it, leads Lux somewhere out of the hub.

Lux read the note quickly, and swiftly followed the Martian Scientist. He was quite excited to test his mask.

Talia looked excited at Susan’s ‘ok’ and then started wandering around the lab to look for them. She didn’t seem to be paying attention, but she was very carefully avoiding all the scientists.

Lux read the note quickly and swiftly followed the Martian Scientist. He was quite excited to test his mask.
lab.jpgAfter a bit of walking, the Martian scientist leads Lux to a mechanical doorway that has a sign next to it that reads, in Martian Hieroglyphics, 'TESTING SITE 04. WARNING: Oxygen Environment'. Still under the assumption that Lux only knows how to write the Martian language and not talk it, he gestures him to hand him a note.
Bowe lets it sink in and gets an idea. She gets a short flashback to Rewby's offer of upgrading her weapon before shaking herself. She had decided in her head to go and look at these weapons and make mental notes. "Can Bowe go and find them? Bowe will behave - she promises!" Bowe said hopefully.
Susan nods. "Granted. Tag with Talia while you're at it. She's also looking for them." Susan told Bowe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back