• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Fate of the Stars of Life (EPISODE 4: Formic Apocalypse)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Talia immediately looked to Ma’arz, the question obvious without words. ‘Can I look around?’ She wanted to explore, her curious nature showing bright.

"Of course! Just please do be aware that my people here do not speak your tongue." Ma'arz informs Talia and, while he's at it, the crew. "If you want them for something, ask me first. And, if you don't know how to speak in Acks, DO NOT TALK TO THEM." Ma'arz then leaves to go and talk with his fellow Martians.

Lux looked for an open area, and immediately left the group and went over to it. He set the crate down on the floor, and gave himself some workspace. He opened the crate, and got out some materials and tools to start the work on the mask.

Lux turned to face Rewby, and nodded. He got everything out of the box, grabbed some paper, and made some sketches so they could still communicate.

Talia jumped at the opportunity, and started rushing around for a look. She was mostly searching out mathematics work and Quantum research, but she she awed over it all. She took the advice, however, and didn't really speak to anyone.

Excited to give Lux some design ideas and suggestions, Rewby sat down and they both began to work on his mask design. Meanwhile, Talia saw a Martian scientist doing some calculus mathwork on a holographic whiteboard... at least, she THINKS its mathwork. The formula look drastically different from other normal math formulas, being it written in Martian hieroglyphics. Still, it seemed as though the Martian mathematician is hard at work, as he is idling in front of the whiteboard, gesturing his pen, as though he is trying to think up some solutions to this rocket science formula.

Talia immediately ran up to the Martian, without speaking, and studied the writing. She was ninety percent sure that it was mathematics, and desperately wished she could understand it. It looked complicated, and she could read a little of it, but she knew if it was in her language, or English, she could understand it.

Lux worked with Rewby on getting the materials, and Lux thought they both agreed on a sketch that should basically lock to his face, has a screen with thought-to-text readings, so he only has to think a command for it to listen to his thoughts to show on the screen, several different visions so he can see infrared, footprints, light spectrum, etc. It should be bulletproof, and plasma proof, temperature regulated, and also have hearing advancements. The only thing it'll be missing is a cup holder. He looked to Rewby to see if she agrees to start working on it.

Rewby gives Lux the thumbs up. She thinks its PERFECT. Moving her hands in a way that she's popping her fingers, she prepares to create the mask that has way too many stuff in it.

Meanwhile, the Martian mathematician eventually saw the Lunarim looking at his physics research. While he did appreciate that she's interested in what he's doing, he believed that she wouldn't understand. He eventually gestures Talia to go away, as he is trying to think.

Lux got into the work immediately, getting the durable metal from the crate and walking over to an advanced molding press in the shape of his face he prepared. While that was happening, Lux started on the coding and formation of the thought-to-text screen that will be over his mouth.

Hamele would be looking around at the technology as well - Kokoro taking the odd curious look. And in doing so, they left Bowe unsupervised. Bowe didn't seem to like this at all, from the looks of things, but tried to keep herself contained.

Talia seemed a bit frustrated at being told to go away. She really wanted to tell the Martian that she could understand that type of stuff (if it was in a language she understood). So, she went to find Ma’arz. Cause honestly, she really wanted to tell the mathematician.

Lux got into the work immediately, getting the durable metal from the crate and walking over to an advanced molding press in the shape of his face he prepared. While that was happening, Lux started on the coding and formation of the thought-to-text screen that will be over his mouth.
Rewby, meanwhile, uses the other materials to make the visor part of the mask that can detect the various other visions he showed in the sketch.
Talia seemed a bit frustrated at being told to go away. She really wanted to tell the Martian that she could understand that type of stuff (if it was in a language she understood). So, she went to find Ma’arz. Cause honestly, she really wanted to tell the mathematician.
Talia eventually finds Ma'arz speaking another Martian scientist; perhaps a botanist, as he is carrying a clay pot housing a Tachyon Mushroom, a Mars-native mushroom that is the fuel source of the FTL drive.

Unable to contain herself much longer, Bowe decided to go on a venture and try and find something she could keep herself busy with. She got bored, so she's setting out to deal with this problem of hers! Just practically wandering around like 'where's all the fun in here'.

Talia raised her hand to get Ma’arz’s attention, and waited patiently......

For five seconds. “Hey, Ma’arz, I need a translation.” She said, hoping she wasn’t interrupting anything important.

Both turn their heads to Talia before looking back at each other. "[I'm sorry, but I have to go help her. Salutations.]" Ma'arz told the Martian botanist, who salutes and goes on his way. Ma'arz approaches Talia. "What would you like for me to translate?"

Talia pointed in the direction of the Scientist, and the massive Math equation. “That. I want to know what it says.” She said, fully confidant.

Ma'arz looked at the large math equation the Martian scientist was solving. "Well, that there is Martian Calculus II. We mainly use formulas like that for ship engine construction and gene splicing." Ma'arz told Talia in a matter-of-factly tone like it was basic stuff. "I'd tell you more, but to be honest, I don't think you would understand its complexity."

Talia looked super excited, and ready to hear about, until Ma’arz said she wouldn’t understand. Instead of brushing it off, or saying ok, she glared at him.

“I was in Algebra II and Calculus at the age of eight, and continued until the age of ten, when I was offered an internship on a diplomatic mission explaining the premise of Quantium science and it’s algorithms. I can understand it just fine, if it was in a language I could read.” She stated, barley any emotion crossing her tone. She was a little insulted, but knew that he wouldn’t have known that. The only reason she hadn’t gone on that mission was her brother, and then the enslavement of her planet.

I want my mask to be able to see things a normal eye can’t see. Do you have any ideas as to what else I could do?

He wrote, trying to include Bowe since she isn’t being supervised.

I want my mask to be able to see things a normal eye can’t see. Do you have any ideas as to what else I could do?

He wrote, trying to include Bowe since she isn’t being supervised.
"First thing Bowe can think of is some kind of visual filter..." She said, dragging out and yawning in the spacesuit. "Not sure what else, though."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back