• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Fate of the Stars of Life (EPISODE 4: Formic Apocalypse)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
"Lux!" Rewby shouts as she gets ready to rush towards him. However, before she can reach him, Kqidons shoved her back. "BACK OFF! There's things 'bout Lux you... really shouldn't know." Kqidons warned the greatly concerned Rewby as she got next to Lux and lends him her mask. "Here. It might not fit, but it's better than nothing." Kqidons told Lux.

He reached behind him, grabbing around for the mask, and eventually found it, and brought it around to his face. He reached into his cloak and grabbed some wire to strap it to his face so it wouldn’t fall off. He fiddled for a second, and made the visor raise so they couldn’t see his eyes. If they disc they would see a deep blue instead of red or purple.

Talia didn’t see it, but then again she wasn’t looking. She was slightly panicking; she didn’t do well handling emotions. Though she hid it well.

“Are...... you ok? Rewby didn’t see anything.” She said, trying to comfort him.

He grabbed his notepad, and scribbled his words instead of the beautiful calligraphy he normally did. It read,

twice in one day, my mask was removed without my wanting it to. twice.

Talia winced and looked at him.

“I know.” She said, looking slightly sad. She didn’t tell him to look at the bright side, or that it would get better. “I’m sorry.”

He put his notepad in his cloak again, and just stayed against the corner, feeling a little comfort with it, and that Talia was trying to help. He didn't know himself why he was crying. Perhaps he feels like a failure. After all, for almost his whole life, his face was a close-kept secret. And now in the span of a few weeks, and even in one day, it's revealed, or almost revealed? It's hard on the young man, who has gone through so much.

When Rewby saw what he wrote, her face quickly shifted from panic to guilt... and maybe a little bit of shock. She wanted to say something, but she didn't have the courage or heart to. "Listen, Lux. You're clearly distressed. Get back to your quarters and cool off a little bit." Kqidons said to Lux, patting his shoulder.

Talia looked at him, and tried to read his emotions. It was hard, all the time. “It’s not ok.” She said quietly, and it looked like she was trying to make him feel worse rather than better for a moment. “But it will be. One day.” She gave him a small smile

“Right?”

He flinched a little at the contact of Kqidons. He listened to Talia. And he turned his masked head to her. She could see a puddle of tears by his feet, and dripping from his chin. He shrugged at her statement. Would it ever be okay? He didn't know. He just...didn't know. And he hated that fact. He was scared of that fact. Knowledge is power, which is part of the reason he seeks it out so religiously.

Anyway, Lux saw her smile, and Talia could see the rate of tears slow down dramatically. He didn't know what he could say or write, and he slowly got his feet under him, and stood up. He grabbed his notepad, and wrote, in scribbles again,

Thanks, Kqidons for the mask. I'll return it soon.

He gave the note to Kqidons, and slowly shuffled out of the training room, making much noise, uncharacteristic of the mysterious, masked young man.

She had to keep from grimacing at the tears on Lux’s face, as they made her want to cry. And she wasn’t a cryer anymore.

Talia didn’t bother to stand up when he did, as her knees would probably give out. She watched as he walked out, and honestly wanted to go after him. But she wasn’t entirely sure that was good idea, and people needed alone time. So instead, she ran a hand through her hair and sighed in slight defeat. Maybe fixing Bowe’s problem had given her too much confidence.

Lux left the room, and ignored any and all looks from the staff in the halls of the ship. He made his way to his quarters, entered them, and didn't make any noise once he was inside.

Talia muttered some profanity’s in her language under her breath, before looking up at Rewby and Kqidons. “Welcome to the crew.” She said, some slight sarcasm in her voice. There wasn’t malice, just some sarcasm and sadness.

"A crew of sadness, suspense, and broken secrets, it seems..." Rewby points out, her head lowering down. "And violence, if you're lucky enough," Kqidons said as she bumps her elbow on Rewby's shoulder before leaving. Not wanting to leave her side, Rewby proceeds to sit down with her, her legs crisscrossed.

Lux left the room, and ignored any and all looks from the staff in the halls of the ship. He made his way to his quarters, entered them, and didn't make any noise once he was inside.
As Lux would travel through said halls, he passed Kokoro and Bowe, both together. Bowe in question seemed quite worried, letting go of Kokoro and with intent to check on her friend. It's none of her business, it's not her fault, but she wants to ask what exactly is the problem. She would slowly and nervously knock on the door.

Talia sat there for a moment, taking a few deep breaths until she just stood up.

“I’m going to go meditate or something.....” She said quietly, her voice barely a whisper. She waited for Rewbys response before she left, but shuffled her feet as a sign she wanted to go.

She left, lost in her own head, and proceeded to search for a secluded viewing deck or something. She seriously needed to find a place besides her room. She never trusted her room.

Talia wandered around the halls for a little while, before deciding that, to hell with it, she was going to go to her own room. She went and sat on her bed, leaned against the wall, and closed her eyes. She wasn’t sleeping, but she was definitely out of it.

After Rewby takes a moment for herself, she proceeds to stand back up and walk out of the Training Room, where she pulls out some sketch paper from her uniform and begins to make some designs of some sort of high-tech mask. After she continues to brainstorm some mask ideas, scribbling out designs that she believed wouldn't work, she encounters Bowe who was near Lux's room. "Oh, hey there. What're you doing?" Rewby asked the kid before Lux slips down the note for Bowe.

After she continues to brainstorm some mask ideas, scribbling out designs that she believed wouldn't work, she encounters Bowe who was near Lux's room. "Oh, hey there. What're you doing?" Rewby asked the kid before Lux slips down the note for Bowe.
Bowe had picked up the note, looking at Rewby. "Bowe saw Lux go into quarters. Bowe is worried..."
Lux heard the knock on the door, and slid a note under the door that tapped Bowe’s foot.

Who’s there?
Bowe saw, picking it up. "Bowe is here! Bowe is worried, so she came to check on you!" She responded, shortly not being the only one there now with Rewby to her side.

Last edited:
The two girls outside his room heard some shuffling, the door opened, and Lux with a black mask that he quietly made was on his face. His eyes were still hidden, since it was almost pitch black, and covered his whole face.

Bowe looked at him nervously, unable to keep a straight face. As much as she would try, all she could muster was a frown instead, and a worried stare. "Is... Is Lux OK? Bowe is... worried for her friend." She said shyly, the tone only matching her apparent sadness.

Not sure. I’m unsure why I became saddened, but my mask broke, and a secret of mine was almost revealed twice in a day. So I have theories.

He wrote, and handed her the note.

Not sure. I’m unsure why I became saddened, but my mask broke, and a secret of mine was almost revealed twice in a day. So I have theories.

He wrote, and handed her the note.
Bowe would take the note and sigh heavily. "Bowe is sorry to hear that... she really is. Bowe knows it's not her fault or any of her business. Bowe doesn't want to intrude either, she wants to help..." She said in the same tone, making sad whimpering noises.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back