• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Fate/Avarice [Fate AU rp]

DiamondJack

Most Call Me Jack
Would you risk your life for a billion dollars?

That is the question posed to the mages of the world by mysterious billionaire Todd Felton of Los Angeles annually. He holds a competition he calls the "Holy Grail War" in which four teams of four mages summon Heroes from times past in order to wage war. Each team is released into the streets of LA and told to slay the opposing heroic spirits, either that or their masters. Rumors have swirled about the true nature of the War and why the heroic spirits are even participating in what is essentially a televised game show. Even so, every winner has in fact received their billion dollars.

You have been invited. Will you win the game, or will you get to the bottom of what's really happening here?
---

Obviously this isn't the whole write up for the rp, I just needed a hook to hang my ideas on and see if I get enough interest to justify writing up everything.

A few things, this being AU we will not be using cannon characters or servants. You will play both your mage and your servant. I am looking for four players and I will just be running the NPCs. The four players will be on the same team so as to avoid this just becoming a Pvp fest with very little story development. Classes are still a thing but each team can only have one of each class, thoughin theorythe war could only have four total classes given each team selects the same composition. There will be a Ruler class servant. You mage will be lead into a room containing a huge collection of artifacts right at the start of the rp to select one and summon a servant, so think about what you want your servant's artifact to be. Posts don't have to be novel length, but do have to be more than 3-4 sentences given that you will be writing for two characters. That being said, consider the differences between your characters. Give yourself a reason to use command spells. I'm not saying your characters have to be at each other's throats all the time, but make them a little different y'know?

Any takers/people who would like to reserve a particular historical figure or a servant class?

Good ol grail war that doesn't require me to knows every details of nasuverse? Sounds nice. I have some questions.
  1. In order to make some conflict we need to know the motivation. So what is the reason of heroic spirits joining the war?
  2. Can we say, like, make a berserker Hercules but not the same as Ilya's Hercules? Or since Hercules is in canon he's out of the options?

You had my curiosity, now you have my attention

But I do need some help with historical figures, I don't know many, but I do kinda wanna go a Vikings route--

Hell, if I could, I'd go a heavily modified Gilgamesh or King Arthur Route

Expressing some tentative interest. I do have an idea of a caster, so dibs on that in case I join. But first, logistical questions:

-From the intro it seems all player involved will be playing a master and a servant both, rather than each player making just one of a pair. Is this correct?
-What will be the post requirements, both concerning length as well as time between posts?
-Do you have any particular rules as to what won't be allowed in terms of servants or masters?

Good ol grail war that doesn't require me to knows every details of nasuverse? Sounds nice. I have some questions.
  1. In order to make some conflict we need to know the motivation. So what is the reason of heroic spirits joining the war?
  2. Can we say, like, make a berserker Hercules but not the same as Ilya's Hercules? Or since Hercules is in canon he's out of the options?
1. The spirits are still promised their greatest wish. Whether they receive them or not is another story
2. I would definitely consider a reimaging of a canon character, but I would like to see something new.

You have my attention.
Glad to have you.

You had my curiosity, now you have my attention

But I do need some help with historical figures, I don't know many, but I do kinda wanna go a Vikings route--

Hell, if I could, I'd go a heavily modified Gilgamesh or King Arthur Route
I'm all for Vikings. Ragnar, Erik the Red, Leif Erikson off the top of my head.

Expressing some tentative interest. I do have an idea of a caster, so dibs on that in case I join. But first, logistical questions:

-From the intro it seems all player involved will be playing a master and a servant both, rather than each player making just one of a pair. Is this correct?
-What will be the post requirements, both concerning length as well as time between posts?
-Do you have any particular rules as to what won't be allowed in terms of servants or masters?
1. Yes, you'll be playing both.
2. Posts should be at least a paragraph+ for each character
3. Considering this is mostly a PvE experience I am going to be really lenient on powers and the like, but do consider the magical energy required for powers to function extremely strong abilities require a lot of energy.

I'll try to get everything up today or tomorrow

I don't think anyone has claimed anything yet. Though Bread up there said something about Berserker.
In terms of class, a Viking would make sense as a berserker, in my head anyway, because as far as I know, there is no other class that works for melee that is an axe, and Vikings are known for their rage

In terms of class, a Viking would make sense as a berserker, in my head anyway, because as far as I know, there is no other class that works for melee that is an axe, and Vikings are known for their rage
Historically Vikings were a big fan of the Longsword do Saber might work, but the Dane Axe was also common. Rider might also be a good class for Erik or Leif given that they were noted explorers. Though Berserker would be fun to explore as well. I may have to reevaluate my rules...

Historically Vikings were a big fan of the Longsword do Saber might work, but the Dane Axe was also common. Rider might also be a good class for Erik or Leif given that they were noted explorers. Though Berserker would be fun to explore as well. I may have to reevaluate my rules...
Well, for me, I hear Ragnar, that's the most famous viking, people have different views of characters, and characters tend to be different from their historical counterparts in Fate, but I see him as that hearty king, that wields a War Axe, sometimes two, or a Broadsword even, and he is a Strategical genius, leading troops into battle, channeling berserker rage into himself to fight at his strongestt

Well, for me, I hear Ragnar, that's the most famous viking, people have different views of characters, and characters tend to be different from their historical counterparts in Fate, but I see him as that hearty king, that wields a War Axe, sometimes two, or a Broadsword even, and he is a Strategical genius, leading troops into battle, channeling berserker rage into himself to fight at his strongestt
Looks like Berserker is yours if you want it

Im interested. Never seen Fate (have heard of it, using mythological/historical people as warriors like a pokemon battle) but Id be interested to play still. Is lack of experience Ok?

Im interested. Never seen Fate (have heard of it, using mythological/historical people as warriors like a pokemon battle) but Id be interested to play still. Is lack of experience Ok?
I don't mind, but without a base level of understanding you might quickly become overwhelmed with all if the terminology. If you're okay with that you can certainly Full out a character sheet.

Interested! Are there any servants available it would be great if either a berserker or a saber would be available (Prefer saber)
I’ll still love to play as a mage tho so yeah^^

I don't mind, but without a base level of understanding you might quickly become overwhelmed with all if the terminology. If you're okay with that you can certainly Full out a character sheet.
BAPTISM BY FIRE

In seriousness its fine, ill pick things up as I go along (reading FATE wiki now). I might even build it into my character as an idiot/newbie. I was thinking Aeneas for my servant, son of aphrodite and a formidable warrior who was the only Trojan aside from Hector to challenge Achilles. Unfortunately he usually loses but is saved by the gods because he has a greater destiny (Which is apparently setting into motion the rise of the Roman Empire).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back