• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fat Gandalf's Bar & Lounge (OOC Chat) - Chapter Ten

He was one of the UEEF force that was a part of the first effort to liberate the Earth, surviving the slaughter to establish a strong force of soldiers on the surface before the main characters of the Invid Invasion saga run into him.

In the first edition, the SDF-3 had a total of 36 hover tanks in its mecha complement under the command of Col. Wolfe, and while there is no write-up of the VHT in the UEEF Marines book, they do have the Hover Tank Pilot MOS available to be taken. I also believe that I read in there that the UEEF does use the hover tank in greater numbers than just the 36 listed in the SDF-3.

I also believe that I read in there that the UEEF does use the hover tank in greater numbers than just the 36 listed in the SDF-3.
Would you show me where that is please? I was/am under the impression that the Spartas numbers were so small as to be downright niche. The Chief here wasn't even born in our current year of 2025. Like many on the Broadsword, she was born in space. This is her first time on Earth. As such, her chances of even seeing a single Spartas, given the size and diversity of the UEEF fleet, are slim to none.

Or so my data has told me. Of course, I'm open to correction if the data is there! =)

Lets see what I can find.

First, there is the skill program.

Hover Tank Veritech Pilot: These members of the mechanized
infantry specialize in the use of the SPARTAS Veritech
hover tank, which was originally designed for use in the UEEF
and also achieved fame and notoriety in the Army of the Southern
Cross back on Earth. One of the most famous units, the Wolf
Pack, favored the use of the hover tank.
Combat Driving
Navigation (+15%)
MECT: Hover Tank
Mecha: Pilot Ground Veritechs with SPARTAS hover tank
piloting specialty (+14%).
Military Tactics (+10%)
Weapon Systems (+15%)
W.P. Heavy Mega-Damage Weapons

Also, the Daniel Light Hover Artillery Platform is based off of an early design of the Spartas, mentioning it by name. I had thought that the Titan GMU mentioned the VHT, but I don't see it.

Finally, no matter what the book says, this your game, and if the UEEF doesn't have any hover tanks in your world, so be it!

Lets see what I can find.

First, there is the skill program.
Yeah! This is where I thought to ask you about Wolfe and the Wolf Pack. =)

Also, the Daniel Light Hover Artillery Platform is based off of an early design of the Spartas, mentioning it by name. I had thought that the Titan GMU mentioned the VHT, but I don't see it.
Yeah, the Broadsword has never had an artillery platform - they've been an Alpha/Beta/Cyclone carrier from the start.

Finally, no matter what the book says, this your game, and if the UEEF doesn't have any hover tanks in your world, so be it!
Well, in my head, the UEEF had this super-small amount of Spartas VHTs early in the UEEF days, well before many of the Broadsword crew were even born, much less serving. So it makes sense to me that these folks know "modern" UEEF gear backwards and forwards but something like a Valkyrie? It's like somebody handing you a Civil War-era pistol on a gun range - super rare!

As I understand it (or understood it then), the Valkyries continue to be manufactured for the UEEF. Not so anything from the ASC! The Spartas M.O.S. was only good for the Marines who perhaps were born on Earth. You guys, being from the ASC, are like... Vietnam veterans here in our Real LIfe world of 2023 - foreign, "old," honored, but dated too. Unlike Vietnam veterans whom you and I can meet, these kids were born in space (and half of them didn't make it home thanks to the Battle at the Black Binary).

Huh!

Yeah. So my conclusion remains what it was before - sure, there were VHTs in the UEEF when the SDF-3 left earth. But decades later? To a late teenager or barely 20-something? It's "What's a Spartas?"

Time to get this ball rolling again. I appreciate your patience with me, Gang! =)

He jiggled the scuffed and battered metal sliver on it's shiny chain so that the lights in the armory glinted off it.
"Taymee take gift?"
Wow! Removing Heart-like from post. Replacing with Great Scene.

Who else remembers how bashful the Wild Cards' Greek is around (human) ladies and here he is, offering to Taymee, something he's made with his own hands. I call that character growth or at the very least, character discovery. =)

Just super, Cap'n! =)

Heya Gang!

Real Life is triple-teaming me with weather-related headaches (but not migraines!), lots of work-related responsibilities (the curse of being really good at what I do), and my spending the last couple of weeks carefully proofreading an RPG that's about to hit Backerkit (not mine - it belongs a pair of online buddies of mine).

I basically know what I want to post. I also know that I'm trying to get the party back into one story instead of six (or however many - I've lost count). After that, I can close out this chapter (which is now about a year old - I'm not even sure how to reward you guys and gals - xp seems... not very useful?).

Stay safe and warm!

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

The real reward was the friends we made along the way. ^;3^

Heya Gang! Thanks for your patience - I think I've finally figured out how to tie all of this together. Hope to post tomorrow. =)

Hey Gang. My head's in a... fuzzy place after a migraine hit tonight. I can post and type but... that's all I should be doing. I'll try again tomorrow. Stay warm and safe. =)

Feel better, my friend. We can wait.
Yeah. Here, have some cool Macross/Robotech-related shorts while we wait? =)

Macross Skull Squadron (fan-made)

Genesis Climber MOSPEADA (機甲創世記モスピーダ, Kikō Sōseiki Mosupīda) PLUS extra behind-the-scenes footage.

Not gonna lie, the VF-1S Super Valkyrie is my absolute favourite Veritech. Love that’s short.

Captain Hesperus

Trying again tonight. Wish me luck, Gang! =]

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Kaerri Kaerri Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood Silanon Silanon

Heya Gang!

Thank you for your patience with me! 8D

I finished up the first of a few posts. This particular post has been hanging out in My Private Workshop, partly finished.

One great thing about being the Game Master is that I I'm free to just about whatever I want to including play with time. That's exactly why I intend to do with Mario and Toph's posts as you'll see hopefully soon.

My goals involve tying up all the short stories you guys have been enjoying, getting you all onto the bridge, catching you guys up on what's been going on outside the Broadsword, getting your thoughts on an important in-game decision, and finally closing this (now over year-long) chapter and more. =)

I have more to say, but I'll pause here for now. =) Your thoughts?

I like the IC post a lot. It helps to put more of a picture in my mind of all three there. Nicely done, Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus
Yes! I am the NEW Captain Hesperus! See, Sherwood tagged Cap'n, but he was talking about ME, see? I'm'a kitty too! So... SNIPAH KITTEH!! HERE I COME!! 8D

Cat Surprise GIF

(The fun you can have when a dear friend of yours mentions you but tags someone else! Wheeee!) 8D

I like the IC post a lot. It helps to put more of a picture in my mind of all three there. Nicely done, Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus
Sherwood Sherwood You realize now that you have a free go at me when I goof next! 8D Besides, you know me, Bud! I mean, we're both long-time GMs and we know how it is. But me? I'm always spot-on when I tag people, even Super Sherwoods like you, and I never make mistakes when I tag you, right Kaerri Kaerri ?

I was trying to say that Hercules has done a great thing getting closer to the Broo, building ties between them and the Wild Cards. The post from you, sir, was just the icing on a very will made cake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back