• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fat Gandalf's Bar & Lounge (OOC Chat) - Chapter Ten

In-character confusion isn't bothering me so much as when I'm asked what I want to do, and the answer is "what I'm supposed to be doing, only I don't know what that is." Doesn't feel useful to either of us. :P
Kaerri Kaerri can I put a Great Scene on an O C.C. post? Because everything you typed helps me.

Besides doing what your commanding officer tells you to do, what are you supposed to be doing?

In the typical Robotech game, that's mostly the gist of it. Your character has a personal life that is constantly being interfered with by your military career - and literally saving humanity!

Somehow Broadsword feels a bit different, doesn't it? =)

I'm just going to pick up where I left off and post as able. I started here with Cap'n's Hercules first here - he's been waiting... *gasp* since September! Sorry, Cap'n! I knew October had been a wreck of a month for Kaerri and I physically, but I didn't mean to leave you - any of you - hanging so long.

I've got a long weekend ahead of me. I'm hoping to catch up on sleep and post more. Stay wise and healthy, Gang! =)

I'll be anxiously waiting for Mario's post!
I know what takes place - I'm just too beat from work, life, and the weather to post it with any justice - however, that means the post is virtually half-ready already! Thanks for the enthusiasm, Bud! =)

Hey! I'm looking forward to this, too! Let's get our game rolling again!
Psychie Psychie I want to do more than that - I want to solve some of the confusion around the roles of the Wild Cards and I may revamp Technopathy for the same reason. =)

Psychie Psychie See in-game then read this spoiler? =)

Indeed, Padre has simply run out of Physical Endurance and failed the Saving Throw that would have allowed him to continue playing. He is in no danger whatsoever.

However, Toph has had a short time with Adamantium when they gave the Wild Cards their crash course into becoming UEEF Marines. Toph knows Adamantium is ferociously loyal to one another. Before the Broadsword touched the Earth it was made to save, Adamantium's crew had relied on each to stay alive dozens of times over. ANY intrusion upon one of their own from a non-Adamantium-member is seen as a... let's call it a transgression.

Toph isn't one of Adamantium. But she is their ally at the very least. Toph knows enough about Adamantium to know that when they get surprised and riled up - like now - the best thing to do is just give them the facts.

But it's Toph's call as to what she does and how she goes about it in this Sickbay of wolves. =)

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Kaerri Kaerri Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood Silanon Silanon

Hey, Gang! Catch up with my latest post with Mario then read that there spoiler, will ya? =)

So! Can anyone - besides Kaerri - sound off why the Crew Chief is referring to our good-hearted and eager Petty Officer Mario Zuko in terms better suited for a gas station attendant? =)

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus (I almost typed "@" + "Hercules" It's time for bed here! Heh!)

I really enjoyed this part of your post! It's so telling and it shows growth and a Hercules we're not used to seeing. In a good way. That's so cool! =)

He had taken to heart the lesson of breaking down conversation with the Broo, using smaller fragmented statements instead of complicated sentences to aid comprehension. He enjoyed the little Broo's company. There was something about her that bypassed the terrible, often crushing, shyness he had around women. He could talk to her without any worry, certainly without any bashfulness. He couldn't imagine how awkward he would feel if another woman were as close to him as she was right now, clambering over his shoulders and back like some arboreal creature on a tree, chattering in her eclectic manner about everything and nothing.

"She and her team are a'gearin' up in the Ready Room fer a ride. You can meet up with her in Hangar Bay Bravo, but you'd best hustle before she skedaddles!
"Flight Lieutenant Piper is up there on the Bridge at her post. She..." Samantha becomes stock still for about three heartbeats. "... ain't busy fer the moment!
Purr Purr Slight confusion here - either our illustrious storyteller forgot that he already placed Piper elsewhere (which wouldn't be surprising, given that I haven't posted for ages...), Piper cloned herself, or she moved back and left her team all on their own. What's the version we're going with?

Purr Purr Slight confusion here - either our illustrious storyteller forgot that he already placed Piper elsewhere (which wouldn't be surprising, given that I haven't posted for ages...), Piper cloned herself, or she moved back and left her team all on their own. What's the version we're going with?
Silanon Silanon I plain forgot where I put her (that's what happens when I don't post often enough in my games). The first thing I lose are the small details.

For game's sake, I'll say Piper was called from the Ready Room back to the Bridge.

Sorry for the confusion, Sil! Thank you for making me aware of my goof! That way, I can fix it. =)

Re: Goof. I shouldn't feel bad. If that's the only goof I've made with all of the words I've put down in the past 24 hours, that's pretty good! =)

If anyone should feel bad about that goof, it'd be me - that post-less time is on me, mate. And as you say, if that's the only thing you got wrong, you're doing great =D

If anyone should feel bad about that goof, it'd be me - that post-less time is on me, mate. And as you say, if that's the only thing you got wrong, you're doing great =D
Sil, you're just too cool for words, man. =)

There's another maybe-goof, though I too am going to take the blame to myself for not posting in forever. Yesterday's post was the second reply to my last one and goes in a different (and to my taste, much more fun) direction. I don't think they're incompatible though so I'll start working on a reply to both? (Only possible thing is, in the first reply BOOP is speaking out loud, while in the second, he's providing words for Eadric to read. Not sure if that's significant, but it's something Eadric would note and react to, unless it's supposed to be the same in both.)

For reference:
My last post (*looks at post date and face-palms* Yep, totally my fault.)
Your first reply
Your second reply (yesterday's post)

Last edited:
(Only possible thing is, in the first reply BOOP is speaking out loud, while in the second, he's providing words for Eadric to read. Not sure if that's significant, but it's something Eadric would note and react to, unless it's supposed to be the same in both.)
This is intentional. You and Eadric might notice that BOOP has now communicated in at least three ways - inside its custom cockpit, outside vocally, outside visually. When the Broo approach, BOOP quiets and ceases to move. But why here? Why now? There. =)

"I gotta stop somewhere... I'll leave you something to imagine!" - Dr. Richard Feynman =) (Mark 3:15)

Hey guys - I was reading back through the scene with Captain Sharp and his megasuit, and noticed this:

Taymee does, her anger and frustration forgotten. Without thinking, she begins to slip her blade back into its sheath. "Wait," Commander Kirin points at the special knife. "See there?" She points at Captain Sharp's quiet form inside his slag-heap of a mega-suit. "Go and tell me what you find."

Taymee skulks suspiciously over to the unknown thing lying on the table. Without touching it, she sniffs, looks, sniffs again. And then, seeing her from behind, you watch her Broo ears suddenly flip straight up toward the ceiling, little furry triangles on her head denoting surprise. "Human!" she points. "Inside!"

Taymee sniffed and discovered there was a human inside. Through the megasuit! Granted, it's damaged, but not so much that she could have been able to scent him through it via human-normal senses.

Just something to ponder. ^;3^

To actually verify that, we'd need to put Sharp back into the armor and let an actual human give it a go, right? Think he'd be up for that little experiment?

Hmm, probably not. "But Captain... it's for science!"

From his med-bed, Captain Sharp grins and sez, "Kids these days..." =)

So! Can anyone - besides Kaerri - sound off why the Crew Chief is referring to our good-hearted and eager Petty Officer Mario Zuko in terms better suited for a gas station attendant? =)
Mario looks confused as the Chief mentions a 'flying gas can', then realization starts to dawn on him and understands why she said that.
Aha! Sherwood Sherwood Share with the rest what you've realized if you please? 8D

Tanker as in the C-130 airborne refueling aircraft, not a Hover tanker.

Tanker as in the C-130 airborne refueling aircraft, not a Hover tanker.
Da winna an' new champeen, Sherwood! 8D
Celebrating In The Air GIF by Piximpress

Yes! The UEEF Marines, as far as I know, have never had tanks of any kind. The United States Marine Corps, whom my UEEF is based on, had all of their tanks taken away back in 2021. The UEEF has artillery platforms, hover vehicles, and wheeled vehicles aplenty but not a single tank in the Shadow Chronicles book nor the Expeditionary Force Marines sourcebook.

Chief here was born after the present year 2025. Sherwood is absolutely correct in that, to a Marine, who operates in a fleet, a "tanker" is a non-combat unit that usually hauls fuel of some kind. I have gone so far as to ask the U.S. Air Force veterans I know their definition and my U.S Army veteran co-workers their definition of the word "tanker," and indeed - one has wings and the other has treads!

Isn't that something? =)

Sherwood, that's the reason I asked if Mario had Military History. He doesn't. But since he's been trained by UEEF Marines, it's reasonable that Mario can come to this conclusion and understand. Good going, man!

How did you reach this conclusion? =)

Actually, there is the VHT in the UEEF, both in e1 and e2. In e1, there was a group of tanks under the command of Col. Wolfe that was dubbed The Wolfe Pack on the SDF-3. In 2e, there is in the Marine book a skill set dedicated to the piloting of the Spartas.

Actually, there is the VHT in the UEEF, both in e1 and e2. In e1, there was a group of tanks under the command of Col. Wolfe that was dubbed The Wolfe Pack on the SDF-3. In 2e, there is in the Marine book a skill set dedicated to the piloting of the Spartas.
What the heck "e1" and "e2?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back