• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fat Gandalf's Bar & Lounge (OOC Chat) - Chapter Ten

More Broadsword coming soon to an RP Nation Hosted Project near you! 8D

(Running two games the way I run them is one thing, but running one game with basically six small stories going on simultaneously while transferring another game from Dungeons and Dragons to Palladium sure keeps my brain busy!) =)

Heya Gang!

Everybody who I didn't yet tag for in-game posts, be patient with me. =) I wanted to get those two posts out while I had opportunity and they were still fresh in my head. Mario's, Eadric's, Ylva's, are coming soooon!

Organize Black Cat GIF by Industrial Workers of the World

Heya Gang!

I'm stopped creatively in my tracks again by a combination of migraine (now headache) and coughing up something I caught in public somewhere. I know mostly what I want to post for Mario, Ylva, and Eadric but if I am to do it any justice, I ought to take it easy first so that is what I'm doing. Maybe over the weekend (I'm hoping)? =)

Please stay healthy and wise! =)

No worries on my end. Get healthy!
I am awake (more or less), fed and hydrated, kind of staring at the computer screen not quite certain what to do with myself. I think I could do minor Player-related things (answering questions in games I run or posting in games I am a Player in). But I don't think I'm able to do much more (heh!). Well, at least, not up to the standards I keep myself at if you follow me. =)

Okies, that's all of the brain I have for posting for the moment, but I wanted to post something! These darned migraines of mine really get in the way sometimes. Still, I enjoy posting stuff I hope you guys and gals enjoy taking part of! =)

Woo! I woke up today? No more brain-pain! I am getting out Psychie's post here today (I think I'm caught up otherwise here?)!

Have a happy day, Gang!

A quick question for Mario.

Is this woman an officer or an NCO? It will make a difference in how I address the scene.

A quick question for Mario.

Is this woman an officer or an NCO? It will make a difference in how I address the scene.
Sherwood Sherwood Definitely an NCO (Mario can instantly tell she works for a living, if you don't mind the reference to that ancient military joke). =)

Mario can tell by her ranking that (and I goofed here thinking Army terms, not Navy) that she is a Petty Officer 1st Class and therefore one rank, not two, above Mario. As best as Mario knows in his brief time as a UEEF Marine, that means he is very likely talking to the crew chief of this Garfish. That means every mech, cyclone, and screwdriver in the Broadsword's three battle hangars belong to her.

Mario has seen this type before among the aging RDF and his own Army of the Southern Cross, except for her age. Mario knows it takes a bare minimum of three years in service (preferably during conflicts or war) to reach the rank she is at and she is obviously younger than Mario is (or the majority of the Wild Cards for that matter).

Just noticed that I haven't posted a response yet - thought I'd done that already. Today's busy, but I'll give it a go the next few days!

Sherwood Sherwood Does Mario have Military History and would he like to roll it (note: there is a -10% penalty present for this roll)?

I do not have Military History, but can I try a Military Etiquette roll instead? I have it at a 95%

I do not have Military History, but can I try a Military Etiquette roll instead? I have it at a 95%
'Fraid not. We will see just what fun Mario has gotten himself into here. =)

I'll try to post up this weekend along with more Broadsword posts. =)

Last edited:
I'm stuck with paperwork this weekend, but I'll try to get back to proper rping as soon as I'm finished with that.

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Kaerri Kaerri Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood Silanon Silanon

Sigh. O.K.! I am back at that point where I've gotten too distracted, too sick, too turned-around, insert-too-here. I'm off-track and I'm having serious trouble getting back on track. So! What's a lifelong-hyperactive extrovert Dannigan to do?

Simple! Talk with you about it! 8D

So... earlier I asked what kind of action you guys wanted to see next. If memory serves, the answer was "mecha-related action!" So, that's what I've got in mind. Have you guys wrap up what all 5 of these individual side-treks we have going on here (6 if you count all that's going on currently outside of the Wild Cards' knowledge - my worlds move). But what else?

What would you like to see more or less of or something completely different, Gang? How can I help to get Broadsword rolling again?

Well, speaking only for myself, I am interested in seeing Mario rack up some kills in the mecha after getting some work done on the hangar bay, helping to get everyone's equipment up to 100%. Maybe we can take a look inside that crashed Zentraedi ship.

I'm just curious as to what he said to the hangar boss that got him that blank stare.

Oh, I won't leave that to mystery too much longer, Bud; I just want to get the distractions out of my head because it'll help me post here. And so in the spirit of gaming, I share. =)

I think my ADHD is interfering rather than aiding Broadsword at the moment. I can be too creative. I can think of too many things. Like... at what point do the Wild Cards learn what's going on outside of their current perspectives? Well, that's up to me. It seems like the thing to do is to wrap up these 5+ mini-treks and reunite the Wild Cards.

I'm having to remind myself that this isn't Sharseya where the Wayward Wanderers are at the head of every major decision. Instead, the Wild Cards, while important, are one operation among many (like Adamantium, First Flight, the Beasties, the Sams, etc.). The Wild Cards, like nearly everyone else on the Broadsword, have parts to play when called upon, just like Robotech and military in Real Life.

When Adamantium went into the Ship of Death after the ICE-9, I gave the Wild Cards what they would have gotten in military life - exactly what they would have known given their position. Maybe I goofed? The Wild Cards would not have been in the loop of a top-secret STORM Special Forces mission until they needed to be, right? I still have this feeling that took some of you guys off-guard with that. If so, my bad!
Players in many a RPG/video game/MMORPG are quite often the "Commander Shepards" of their Mass Effect universe (the automatic hero of the story regardless of reality). In Sherwood's own Robotech games, we PCs are largely just a piece of the solution.

But Robotech: Broadsword is perhaps a more personal game. I could be reading this all wrong. Still, I wonder if some of you have different expectations than what you're getting. I want us to all be on the same page - especially as we enter a new chapter (Chapter 10 is coming to a close soon, I hope).

Things appear to be fun when we're RPing, but... things appear to be confusing on the role the Wild Cards are playing, the role of technopathy itself, and what you expect to see in the future. This story has seen a lot of big surprises and unexpected turns (which I'm used to as I don't plot - I let stories naturally play themselves out). I'd like for there to be less confusion and more fun on your ends instead of just reacting to what's coming out of my head. There are things I would like to have happen in the future, but if half of that just serves to befuddle you guys and gals, well, heck - I'd rather find some solution that involves more fun instead.

I'm just wondering how to get there. I'm thinking that less NPC interaction in general is a good start (by now, I'm willing to bet you've run into enough NPCs to feel like the Broadsword is indeed a ship full of people now that the crew has been taken out of cryogenic sleep).

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

Last edited:
I can honestly say that I'm very much looking forward to the next chapter to see what your creative mind comes up with.

I can honestly say that I'm very much looking forward to the next chapter to see what your creative mind comes up with.
Thank you, Sherwood Sherwood ! And thanks for the Well-Written too!

Also, I rewrote part of my previous post a little (mostly for subtracting unnecessary wording).

I just want to have a game where you guys (and me) are all having more fun than confusion. That's why I ask things like this - what do you want to see in Broadsword's future? =)

What would you like to see more or less of or something completely different, Gang? How can I help to get Broadsword rolling again?
I haven't posted (in either game) in far too long myself, and I'm sorry about that. Trying to get back into the right headspace for it. I'm not sure there's much change I would ask from you as far as my personal experience in the game; I just want myself back into it, and that's on me.

Things appear to be fun when we're RPing, but... things appear to be confusing on the role the Wild Cards are playing, the role of technopathy itself, and what you expect to see in the future. This story has seen a lot of big surprises and unexpected turns (which I'm used to as I don't plot - I let stories naturally play themselves out). I'd like for there to be less confusion and more fun on your ends instead of just reacting to what's coming out of my head. There are things I would like to have happen in the future, but if half of that just serves to befuddle you guys and gals, well, heck - I'd rather find some solution that involves more fun instead.
It's true that I'm not quite sure what the Wild Cards are supposed to be doing or how technopathy will help with that (though the latter is likely to be more clear once we know the former). I don't mind surprises; in fact I like them much of the time. In-character confusion isn't bothering me so much as when I'm asked what I want to do, and the answer is "what I'm supposed to be doing, only I don't know what that is." Doesn't feel useful to either of us. :P

I'm just wondering how to get there. I'm thinking that less NPC interaction in general is a good start (by now, I'm willing to bet you've run into enough NPCs to feel like the Broadsword is indeed a ship full of people now that the crew has been taken out of cryogenic sleep).
Speaking only for myself, I suppose, but I really enjoy the NPC interaction. Maybe others are feeling like it's slowing things down, but again -- as far as my personal experience is going, it's myself I see as the element that's delaying things. I'm working on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back