• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fat Gandalf's Bar & Lounge (OOC Chat) - Chapter Six

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the clarification - think I can pretty much only recall instances where people got added to the initiative list, so it never occured to me that things could be rerolled. Guess there's always rules you're not as familiar with as you think you are...

I have a question about the double-kick, though: How exactly does the requirement work? Do I need to have the highest initiative right from the get-go to ever use it in a round? What happens if friends are quicker than I am? Or when I'm not on top of the list, but my potential target is further down (i.e. what happens if there are more combatants in a fight)? Just skimmed through the rules I have access to, but can't find the term in there - unless I missed it, that's possible of course. Just want to make sure that I know exactly when to use it, and when it's not an option.

The Double Kick is an option only when Ylva has Initiative over the opponent she wants to use it on (regardless of what anyone else rolls). It must therefore be her first Action in that Round. =)

Edit: Due to the requirements above, the Double Kick can only be used once per round.

I'm glad you're curious enough to ask questions, Sil! =)

Last edited:
Gotta make sure that I know how to do the awesome things, after all - thanks for the clarification, makes sense now! Got a busy day ahead of me today, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to get a post up; I'll see how things go.

Heya Gang!

This goes for everyone. If you are too busy to post in character, you are welcome to type something out here in Out Of Character even if it is something as simple as "my character tries to punch the bad guy. I want to use an Action Point."

I'll do the rest for you. =)

Heya Gang! I plan on posting sometime tomorrow. Stay safe! =)

For "Double or Nothing." =)

Initiative order - Round 1, Action 2.
Liana - 21 (Using Strike against Ricky.)
Leona - 20 (Stood up after Ylva's sweep.)
Ylva - 10 (Kicked Liana. Now facing Liana in Striking Range. Leona is in the next row of lockers over.)
Ricky - 1 - (Now facing Liana in Striking Range.)

D. Rex D. Rex Heya D.! It's Ricky's turn! 8D

"Rikki Don't Lose That Number" by Steely Dan =)

Who knew there were that many songs about Ricky?

Psychie Psychie Being synched via technopathy, Toph would know that the Rifleman Cyclones come with no form of translators.

Ah, well. It was worth a chance.

How about the main ship? We can text the letters of the labels to the Sams and see if they can translate.

That's something worth trying in-game. =)

Nope! In a post-apocalyptic era where 70% of the Earth's population died (Robotech), Google no longer exists. Neither does Amazon, Forbes, Wikipedia, etc.. It was one of the first casualties in the First Robotech War.

Much of the internet is not maintained since most of those who maintained it were killed during the Rain of Death including many of the satellites that provided said data (all thanks to Lord Dolza's millions of Zentraedi). Even during the Reconstruction, there were still only 3 out of 10 people alive left to try to put things back together.

The only exceptions for this are the military's intranet, some of the few private corporations that survived out there, or in some of the very few cities out there that didn't get hit; they still have access to what is left of the internet many of us out-of-game take for granted. The military internet is as maintained as it can get and mostly used for communication. The media tries their best to use what's left of the internet, but they aren't always successful.

But yeah. In a world where humanity nearly died, the internet as we know it today is, for most people, just another thing of Earth's past.

Kinda scary how despite the internet being the largest resource of human knowledge, it's also the most fragile.

Captain Hesperus

For "Double or Nothing." =)

Initiative order - Round 1, Action 3.
Liana - 21 (Using Strike against Ricky.)
Leona - 20 (Using Combination Grab/Kick vs. Ylva.)
Ylva - 10 (Kicked Liana. Now facing Liana in Striking Range.)
Ricky - 1 - (Forearmed Liana. Now facing Liana in Striking Range.)

Just to keep things in perspective, if this were a film and you were watching from a stage, the order from left-to-right would be Leona, Ylva, Liana, then Ricky. Everyone is now fighting in the same row of lockers.

D. Rex D. Rex
"I get it. What are you, some sort of robot?" That chick was built like one. Cause that wasn't what bone felt like.

"But can't we just talk about this? You could just let us go."

Heya D.! Ricky is allowed to speak at length on his turn. PCs can speak very briefly (usually to shout out a warning or idea) when it's not their turn with GM approval (please ask me and I'll let you know). =)

Please revise your post?

Short rule question: Savate gives access to the Circular Parry - what exactly does that, in in-game mechanics? I mean, it has the word parry in it, so that's good, but it lacks the 'automatic' part - is there something else one gets from it, other than hopefully surviving against these two ladies?

Like Drop Kick, Circular Parry is a really cool technique that no one uses. Why? Because using it reduces the martial artist's number of attacks down to one for that entire round, and Automatic Parry can be used in its place. The benefit is the character can parry attacks coming in regardless of direction. However, in my game, Automatic Parry can do the same thing (as Liana has displayed) as long as the character is aware of their attackers (usually decided by Perception roll).

Am I familiar with BRCC? I dunno...

Captain Hesperus

Attachments

• 1E3B11A5-C900-44AD-9885-CD867CF152FB.jpeg
    1E3B11A5-C900-44AD-9885-CD867CF152FB.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 5
I knew you'd like that, Cap'n! Ha ha ha!

Silanon Silanon
I want to automatic parry the initial attempt to grab her - +9 on that. Roll with impact (+1) if that fails, don't think the other options are fitting.

Ylva is allowed to use Automatic Parry against both the grab (if successful) and the following kick if she would like to. What do you want to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back