• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fat Gandalf's Bar & Lounge (OOC Chat) - Chapter Nine

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have any questions about what's going on in-game, ping me! =)

Purr Purr I'm confused. So we have two people out there, one caught, the other running towards us. The latter asks us to shoot his backpack. How are we supposed to do that when he runs towards us?
In general terms, I was considering helping out Kaerri before I read the later parts of the post. Might still be a good idea, don't feel like it'd be wise to use all actions to save our foot soldiers and die when the armors open fire at us.

Silanon Silanon No worries. It's a fun but complicated situation (one I've had trouble writing so forgive me for the confusion.) =)

1. There's only one person out there. It's Scary Jerry.
2. The two Male Power Armors hurrying through the door are carrying Scary Jerry's CVR-3 megasuit. They think a human is inside it.
3. They're wrong.
4. Scary Jerry has somehow gotten out of his captured megasuit. He's in his fatigues, running toward the Wild Cards, telling you guys to shoot the backpack on his captured Megasuit's back.
5. So... how much do you want to bet that backpack he wants you to shoot isn't empty? =)

Last edited:
In general terms, I was considering helping out Kaerri before I read the later parts of the post. Might still be a good idea, don't feel like it'd be wise to use all actions to save our foot soldiers and die when the armors open fire at us.
Ylva, Mario, Toph, and Herc all have this one opportunity to try and shoot the backpack on the megasuit the two Zeki are carrying. This Action only. Next Action will be too late. And yes, it's one hell of a shot to make. But only you can try for it.

Yes, this is sudden (combat is like that. Sometimes people live their whole lives not knowing exactly what happened in past combat situations).

No, Scary Jerry can't take the shot himself (because the rifle he's carrying is ruined).

So, for this Round only, either the Wild Cards choose to try and make this shot - and succeed - or the baddies get away. Those two Zeki have entered a strange oval-shaped doorway that's been hidden in the Red Thunder Cloud this entire time. Where it leads or what it belongs to is not important right now. What is important is - if the door they came through closes, then they get away, ruining whatever Adamantium's team leader, Scary Jerry, has in store for them. But there is no time for him to stop and explain.

Special Forces soldiers like Adamantium often play by their own very odd rulebooks. Probably best to learn the details later if you're interested in them. But this is one of those possibly game-changing moments that sometimes happens in my games. I've been involved in enough of these times in Real Life to occasionally include tense scenes like this. What the four of you do next is important. But there's no turning back the clock. =)

No pressure. =)

Alrighty, thanks for the clarification - guess I wasn't quite awake yet this morning, completely failed to connect the dots. Whoops.

Give yourself some credit, Sil! This is one of my more complex situations. It's unforeseen and in the middle of combat. Your asking might have helped your fellow PCs figure out the answers to the question you brought up! =)

Feels more like I didn't pay enough attention while reading, now that I know what's happening.

Yeah. Some of my posts (like the one in question) are pretty detail-oriented. If you read through it a second time and everything clicked, that might have been it. Any other questions? =)

Almost forgot! It's Cap'n's turn with Hercules! =) Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus

Initiative order. Beginning of Action #1, Round 2 - The Red Thunder Cloud is closing in. Time until it engulfs you: 3 Rounds.
20 - Eadric in BOOP (Mode: Jet). Actions left: 6.
17 - Hercules in Toothgnasher (Mode: Tank). Actions left: 6.
15 - Ylva and Trouble in Munin (Mode: Guardian). Actions left: 10.
10 - Toph in Freki (Mode: Tank). Actions left: 7.
6 - Mario in Toothgrinder (Mode: Tank). Actions left: 11
? - Officer Battle Pods #1, #2, #3, and #4
? - Modified Male Power Armor #1, #2, and #3.

Purr Purr I'm confused. So we have two people out there, one caught, the other running towards us. The latter asks us to shoot his backpack. How are we supposed to do that when he runs towards us?
For what it's worth, if Eadric knew what was going on, he'd say take the shot while you have the opportunity. I don't have the brain to write up his defense at the moment (it's early here now!) but it's going to involve a lot of movement, probably in a direction that won't take the wargoth-missiles towards the rest of the group.

Would an AoE shell from the tank's main gun successfully hit the backpack well enough to cause whatever-it-is that Jerry has planned to work?

I'm guessing that you can't. Too big of an advantage if you could.

Ok, just checking.

Can a person use a Diamond of Fate and an action point at the same time?
No. It's one of the other, but that's a damned good question. Tells me you're taking this seriously. =)

Just to clarify: we need to use a direct fire weapon to make this shot happen; not a rocket or a AoE attack, and we all get one shot at this.

I think we should all give it a go, and either use an action point or a diamond of fate to try and make the shot. If it happens that someone makes the roll, the rest of us can then focus on the MPAs with their wargoth-guns and take them out.

Just to clarify: we need to use a direct fire weapon to make this shot happen; not a rocket or a AoE attack, and we all get one shot at this.
Sherwood Sherwood Oh, you can! In the case of rockets which are often inaccurate, I think you're wasting your time. AoE won't get you any extra benefits in a case like this, but if you want to use it, go for it!

I love it when you guys talk shop together! =)

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Silanon Silanon What are your thoughts?

lol I get it. I just want to make sure that if we are going to be successful with this, lets do it right and really tag that backpack hard.

That's the spirit! =)

Keep the questions coming if you have 'em!

Here's another one. I don't see that any of the Mjolnir weapons have any extra to-hit bonuses, like the Spartas' Eu-11 rifle does. Am I missing any, or is it just the standard MECT combat bonuses that you get?

Good question! Let me check so I can refresh my own memory.

I know I sometimes forget to add the +1 bonus from characters that have the Weapon Systems skill. Does anyone else forget to do that? =)

Yes, but IIRC, I did remember to include it with Mario's bonuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back