• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fat Gandalf's Bar & Lounge (OOC Chat) - Chapter Eight

So I post what I just posted and then learn (just now) that RP Nation's Alert System didn't tell me that I had new posts in-game since Wednesday!

Alert system! Y U DO DIS 2 ME?

Going to bed now. =)

Tired Good Night GIF by HBO Max

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Ack!

"Ma'am, if you're wanting a weapon for while you're out of your Veritech, can I suggest a LAR-10 or 10C? A laser weapon would be easier to handle and there's minimal risk of low-temperature weapon failures like you'd get with a standard projectile weapon. The carbine is better for close quarters, but inside that capital ship, I don't think that'll be too much of an issue. Your call."
(In the tone of, "I really hate to bring this up but..." =) ). This is such a nice gesture and I'd love to have it except for one... minor-but-important... detail?

Both the LAR-10 and LAR-10C are Army of Southern Cross weapons. The Wild Cards and Captain Sharp are quite literally the only Army of Southern Cross personnel currently onboard the Broadsword. These young folks before you (most of them teens) are from the future (year 2045 with the present time being May of 2025). They belong The United Earth Expedition Force (UEEF) and they have no experience whatsoever with ASC weapons, mecha, vehicles, or even Mega-suits.

So... they'd more likely be offering the UEEF gear or the Broadsword-exclusive gear like the H-90 Gallant or Centurion Rifle.

Forgive this detail-oriented brain of mine, Cap'n! =)

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Ack!

(In the tone of, "I really hate to bring this up but..." =) ). This is such a nice gesture and I'd love to have it except for one... minor-but-important... detail?

Both the LAR-10 and LAR-10C are Army of Southern Cross weapons. The Wild Cards and Captain Sharp are quite literally the only Army of Southern Cross personnel currently onboard the Broadsword. These young folks before you (most of them teens) are from the future (year 2045 with the present time being May of 2025). They belong The United Earth Expedition Force (UEEF) and they have no experience whatsoever with ASC weapons, mecha, vehicles, or even Mega-suits.

So... they'd more likely be offering the UEEF gear or the Broadsword-exclusive gear like the H-90 Gallant or Centurion Rifle.

Forgive this detail-oriented brain of mine, Cap'n! =)
I didn’t see those on the weapons thread and, besides that, I’m only commenting on things Hercules has experience with. Is that wrong?

Captain Hesperus

"Wrong?" Not at all!

I have a (3-day) headache right now unless I have misread it which is entirely possible, the post was written from the perspective of Hercules overhearing a UEEF Broadsword crewmate recommending ASC gear?

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Sorry!
Oh! Disregard. Now that I'm awake more or less, I realize I misread the entire thing. It was Hercules speaking, not another crewmate. Don't mind me today. =)

Cat Fail GIF

"Derp" sez me. I guess I'm just having one of those days. Oh well! Time to make the best of it! =)

I'll try to get a post up later today and move things forward. Sorry for the delay, folks, just going through a rough time at the moment; couldn't figure out what I wanted to do at all, your posts helped a ton with that. Thanks!

Hey, folks? I'll just write this here since pretty much everyone who's potentially affected by it happens to be in this rp, too... I might not get posts up for a couple of days, I'll see. Just had a real bad night, and while I'm kinda back on track now, I'm really not feeling it at the moment, and it might take a bit until that changes. Just a heads-up so that you know.

Edit: And I'm tired of writing these kind of messages, goddamn. I'll type something positive here one of these days, just wait and see...

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that you've had a rough time. My sympathies. Take your time and feel better, ok? We'll still be here!

I'll try just that, Sherwood Sherwood - thanks, mate! Means a lot to have awesome (and patient) people around. Damn, depression's one heck of an ugly mess. Sometimes, i almost feel alive; and in other moments, I just feel empty, and it all seems so pointless. Got through it before, and I'll get through it again - but damn, it's tough sometimes.

I know how you feel better than many might; I suffer from bi-polar depression and some days are better than others. If it was not for the awesome support I get from my family, I don't know how things would have turned out for me.

Silanon Silanon If you ever need a shoulder to lean on, I am here to be able to chat with whenever you need it. You too, Sherwood Sherwood . Heck, that applies to any of you guys. I don't ever want to try and claim to be a mental health expert, but sometimes just being able to vent and let it out to a sympathetic ear is a real help.

I have a bipolar family member who has taught me important lessons on the subject. It is my understanding that bipolar disorder (previously and for decades known by the name "manic-depressive disorder") is believed by some to be as its core a chemical imbalance. Have the correct medicine to correct that imbalance in the right dosage (important!) and you might live a far easier life than without it. I understand that once you do, the only thing then is to keep taking the medicine without your ego getting in the way ("I feel great! I don't need this!" say, during your "manic" stage). Johns Hopkins, the medical experts that diagnosed me when I was a boy, is the big source I trust in these matters. Here is their definition.

This is where I believe ADD and bipolar disorder (which often run in the same families) differ. ADD is a neurodevelopmental disorder. Quite literally, as the human being goes from infant to young adult, the brain develops differently as one grows up and the effects linger for the vast, vast majority for a lifetime. For me, the answer has always been behavioral therapy (martial arts, music, etc.). Bipolar disorder seems to require medication for some folks, just like ADD does.

EDIT: I like the tips offered on the Johns Hopkins link too! =)

Silanon Silanon If you ever need a shoulder to lean on, I am here to be able to chat with whenever you need it. You too, Sherwood Sherwood . Heck, that applies to any of you guys. I don't ever want to try and claim to be a mental health expert, but sometimes just being able to vent and let it out to a sympathetic ear is a real help.
Psychie, sometimes that's all that's needed. We all have our strong and weak moments. In fact, thanks to a fine-hearted friend (you know who you are) I was listening to a song recently about how one lady "follows the moon" because her life, like our one and only glorious moon, felt full one moment and empty the next. Very good of you to offer! Thank you! =)

Last edited:
Sherwood Sherwood Having awesome people around oneself is the best medicine, it feels like. I'm lucky to be able to say the same: My family rocks and supports me any way they can. Wouldn't want my worst enemy to go through this mess, but it sure as hell lets me appreciate those around me.

Psychie Psychie Thanks a lot. Just having someone there to listen is sometimes all it takes. Doesn't need to be someone professional, even though that helps - just ordering my thoughts and putting them out there helps me a ton to not get overwhelmed.

Having awesome friends and family to support you is the best. I was diagnosed with anxiety several years ago and it means soooo much when Dannigan sees me in a rough mental state and just says, "How can I help?" Sometimes there is no help and I just have to keep moving until I've gone through it and out the other side, but even then, knowing he's there for me is like an anchor to help me ride out the storm.

So yeah, like everyone else said, take all the time you need, we'll be here. ^33^ Both in the sense of "the game will be here when you're ready to return" and "we're here for you if you need to talk." And please don't mind that it seems you've been posting "negative" messages a lot -- I think I can speak for Dann as well as myself when I say that it helps just to hear from you, and know you're still able to come online and post at all. We worry about people who just drop off the radar, but you're very good about coming here with updates, even if the update is "I don't know when I can post next."

You got it, Sil! =)

I don't think I'm quite up to posting tonight; I will try again tomorrow. Stay safe, Gang! =)

Real Life strikes again! Sorry! Will try again tomorrow. =)

Figured a few post-worthy things out though. =)

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Kaerri Kaerri Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood Silanon Silanon

Okay, Gang! I could officially use your help here! =)

I have two routes to go and for the life of me, I don't know which to choose. Having battled this for a few days (along with some major distractions - worthwhile but distractions nonetheless), I realize I'm at a "fork in the road" if you will and I thought, "Well, heck! Why am I batting these ideas back and forth when I can ask my friends? They'll know what they want!"

So! I leave it to an open vote (or send me a Conversation if you would prefer) on this note, please?

Would you rather enter this mission with...

A. ...lots of immediate action, some (hopefully fun-filled stress), and uncertainty along with gunfire and explosions or...

B. ...lots of smoothed out character interaction where you get to ease into the mission at your own pace with a little less uncertainty and no immediate danger?

C. Or option C - tell me what you're in the mood for! I could use the guidance and direction and I am I'm open to your thoughts and feelings!

So... how do you feel, Gang? What's your fancy?

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

I can go for some good ol' fashioned gunfighitng in our mecha. I want to try out my MECT skills in the Mjolnir.

I'm down for some combat. We haven't had some in a while. (Of course, my character isn't with yours at present, but that's my vote.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back