• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fat Gandalf's Bar & Lounge (OOC Chat) - Chapter Eight

Kaerri Kaerri Correctamundo! Live visual recognition is required to create a binary or polyphonic nexus (a photograph won't work). And yes to the call ending, too. Those who are still with Mack (Cera and Trouble and maybe Elinor and Toph if you want them to be) can act accordingly with body language or perhaps exchange items if that comes into play. Everything in bold text is inside whatever nexus or telepathic conversation you are sharing. Ooh! That's bold! =)

The polymorphic nexus is shut down when you go to sleep. Is there a level to the Knacks that can maintain the nexus even if the originator of the link is ko'd or asleep? Also, does a nexus take effort to maintain once it is established? Or can it be on without any effort?

Psychie Psychie

A clarification: A binary or polyphonic nexus ends when the originator loses consciousness (goes to sleep, gets knocked out, etc.).

1. Not at this time.
2. No effort to maintain though the emotions one chooses to emit and receive can take a toll all their own.

I'm looking forward to seeing Mario rock and roll in the Mjolnir. With his Knacks, he will make for a very dangerous opponent.

Silanon Silanon Kaerri Kaerri Sherwood Sherwood Psychie Psychie Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus

After this conversation, is there anything you guys want to do that involves RPing? I can set up Side Scenes if there are people your Characters are interested in talking to). After I know that, we can fast-forward to a scene where the Wild Cards watch John Carpenter's horror film, The Thing as Sherwood has so spookily proposed. That really is one scary, nasty film. =)

EDIT: And after that scene, we can get to some action. I mentioned some time ago that I was going to keep the game going in an out-of-combat mode until you guys spoke up? Well, while no one has spoken up, I'm still getting the impression you're ready to get back into the fire. Let me know if I'm reading you wrong! =)

Last edited:
Well, I was going to suggest a talk between Ylva and Shirley, but you already took action in that regard - don't think there's anything else on my mind scene-wise, right now. Moving on to the mission after the movie night sounds good to me.

Hercules is going to continue working in the armory to make sure the mecha and weapons are ready then, once that's done, he's going to hit the gym for a few hours. After that, he's going to make good on his promise to Iris and scavenge together enough materials to make some loukomadies for her and anyone else who fancies them. After that, he's going to get some rack time.

Captain Hesperus

Elinor was also going to go to the gym after the movie, and invite Ylva to go with since she mentioned it. Probably they'd meet up with Hercules there? Other than that, just get some rest and wait for the higher-ups to tell them more.

Elinor was also going to go to the gym after the movie, and invite Ylva to go with since she mentioned it. Probably they'd meet up with Hercules there? Other than that, just get some rest and wait for the higher-ups to tell them more.
Sounds like something Ylva wouldn't decline, unless something during the nexus call goes completely wrong.

And this is what I get for not checking in-game manually. 5 replies in IC starting Saturday and RP Nation's alert system is as quiet as a mouse. Oh well! Time to read, catch up, and enjoy! =)

I seem to have missed quite a few myself. Guess I have a post to work on too...

Psychie Psychie Whoops! I misunderstood Toph's statement in her desire to go on the ICE-9 mission. Editing and thanks to Kaerri for the catch! =)

EDIT: Edited! =)

Hercules said it himself. He thinks we need the Broadsword to show itself to the ASC and UEEF in Brazil. Make contact and basically say, 'Hey, guys! We're here to help humanity by getting the plans for that big cannon for our secret mobile underwater city you know nothing of.
I dunno how it happened, but that is the exact opposite of what Hercules was trying to say. He's well aware that the presence of Broadsword on Earth is a massive hiccup in the timeline and he's quite literally come out of a video message to his family that has to be sneaked to them to prevent the authorities knowing that he and the rest of the Wild Cardsare still alive. If what I originally wrote is unclear, I'll rephrase it.

Captain Hesperus

Given the week I'm having (see our Conversation), it would not surprise me to learn I got that wrong along with my earlier misunderstanding of Psychie's. Give me a short bit to check?

”Personally, I don’t know the commander. I don’t know her capabilities beyond her reputation. But I do know the capabilities of the Grand Cannon and I know that if the Malcontents are reinforced by the Zeki, we’re not going to be likely to crack their defenses with our very tiny force, not without risking them doing something drastic with the Grand Cannon nor without showing our hand to the ASC and the UEEF. My vote, if I had one, would be going to Brazil.”
Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Ah! Yes, that's on me. Sorry! I'll edit.

See, this is why I never get on anybody for honest goofs. I make enough of my own! =)

Heya Gang! I will post within the next 24 hours in both games. =)

Stay safe!

Yeah buddy! 8D

Boy, does that look good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back