• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fat Gandalf's Bar & Lounge (OOC Chat) - Chapter Eight

Just to let you all know, Beema's suggestion is not here to throw off what you have planned. Rather, it is something else that I won't be giving away. I'll be starting the Antarctica adventure hopefully sometime soon depending on how in-game posting goes.

I've got a post in the works; should be out there today or tomorrow.

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Does Hercules have a response for Beema or should I move the story along? Let me know if I should wait. =)

Sorry, I was spending the weekend with my daughter and I was working Monday, so I didn’t get back to this til today. Post is up now.

Captain Hesperus

No worries! Spend that good time with your she-chick Sniper kitteh o' Doom daughter! Hope you both had a blast together!

Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood I think taking out the Gravity Bow Spell for bows (but keeping it for crossbow-style weapons) solves it. Feat-wise, I can still work with Deadly Aim. =)

What? Didn't I tell you I was bringing spells in here? Er, uh, I mean, OOPS! 8D

Puss In Boots Oops GIF

Thanks for the catch, 'darlin! =)

Hey, Gang. I wanted to post today but Real Life is just... not... having it. I hope to post tomorrow or at the latest, the next day. Hope you're all doing well!

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Kaerri Kaerri Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood Silanon Silanon Heya Gang!

I'd like to bring the Commander Kirin situation out to the table here. I see it as a "side quest," completely optional. Like Bong said, it's a short trip, but it is a trip.

I'd like to know how all of you feel about it OOC? Does this sound like fun to you? Would you rather head straight to Antarctica and the lost Zeki-Zentraedi vessel Taniya told Sharp about?

In the interests of valuing your gaming time, what sounds fun to each of you?

EDIT: I'm asking because details in that direction were requested and I'm just making sure I'm taking the game in a direction we're all having fun with. Good GMs are often curious GMs, I say! =)

Last edited:
Ylva in the blue world sounds like something I'd be interested in, but she'll get there eventually. One thing I wouldn't like - and I mention that here even though the post didn't sound like that'd be too much of a thing - is to have this as a complete workaround for the commander's condition. If she's able to just help us like she'd help us after the Antarctica quest - then that quest, and the previous decision, would feel pointless.

Other than that, I'm pretty much indifferent right now. Think there's the potential for a great scene there, but I'm not certain how much all the characters will be able to contribute. It feels more side-scene-ish to me at the moment - might be wrong though, it's not like I know what might happen. So right now, Antarctica calls me more, but I'm also certain that there'll be plenty of stuff for me in the Kirin-visit to get involved and have a good time.

I am thinking that since the bulk of the encounter with Commander Kirin is going to be done between Toph and her mom, we can do it as a side story and move on at the same time for the rest of the game. That way, no one is left getting bored with reading posts between Psy and Dann that don't affect the rest of the team.

That's why I have Side Scenes (like Herc and Beema or, hopefully in the future, Toph & Hitomi). =)

On another note, I wasn't expecting this!
Toph thinks hard for a long minute, her mind racing. "I am thinking, that if this is to be done, it should be after we get back from Antarctica. That way, there is no danger of causing harm to either myself or to my - I mean, Commander Kirin. I couldn't live with myself if I did anything to harm her on the cusp of getting the Ice-9 we need to bring her out of cryosleep and heal her. That will keep me focused on the mission ahead, and not getting distracted."

She reaches up and wipes away a tear that suddenly appears on her cheek. "I have to remember that this mission is to save the Earth, and not just one person. But once we get our hands on the Ice-9, I will be using it to bring my mom back to me."

Like Mario, this Game Master is caught off-guard! Whoa! =) That way of thinking is so selfless of Toph, it's incredible. =)

Trust me, its not easy to not just leap into a conversation with Zyorna in the Blue World, but I don't want to leave anyone out in the cold while we game this out.

Still, even though this is just a game, that is a real big thing to pass up. Kudos.

Trust me, its not easy to not just leap into a conversation with Zyorna in the Blue World, but I don't want to leave anyone out in the cold while we game this out.
Have no worry there; that's not my intent at all. Bong means to say that only he and Toph should interact with Zyorna. This can be done in a Side Scene or with the others within easy hearing range of Toph. The Wild Cards could give Toph ideas while she converses with her mother and therefore still be included in the scene. This is not to be some kind of Prologue-length scene but one of a sufficient length to be good and fun as with any of the Wild Cards and their respective families.

Put another way, each of the Wild Cards have their own families, friends, and allies. If every one of you got cold feet in fear of the others having to sit on the sidelines a little, when will you ever meet them in-game? It's okay to be a little selfish here (or later, as the case has become) - it's your Character's families after all. Introductions and the like can likely be made after. Most importantly, I can't imagine anyone in either of my games would either want to "hog the stage" for overly long and keep the other PCs out, or just as bad, never go and meet the people who helped make your Characters who they are. We are friends. The Wild Cards are friends. Who among them wouldn't be interested? =) That's just my take though.

Get what I mean?

Mario rubs his hands together in excited anticipation. "Great! Now that has been decided, lets all go and find a good place to introduce Cera the wonders of the world of science fiction! We need popcorn. Can't have the total movie experience without popcorn. Does the Broadsword have any in the kitchen?"
I have no idea! Who wants to be the one that rolls the percentile dice to find out? The lower the better!

Go ahead and have Toph roll.
Good call! The white percentile rolled a sweet 10! Your raid on the Chessel Corporation/Anti Unification League base in Veracruz, Mexico came up with popcorn in 6 different flavors! =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back