• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Farewell to Kings: Elide’s Tale

"What can I say, I'm scared" She chuckled tiredly, as she followed him.
Once the water was prepared, she began to wash, hiding behind one of the animal stalls. It wasn't as good as a real bath, but it was better than nothing. Elide had changed into her evening clothes, which included long loose-fitted garments that swayed with her movements. The fabric was soft and smelled of lavender. Eli smiled before collapsing onto the hay. She sighed, propping some up around her with a yawn.

Bart took a fresh towel and cleaned himself up as well. He had some fresh wounds that he spent a little time cleaning and bandaging. When he was done he emerged wearing a pair of cotton leggings, and his tanned skin covered in wounds and scars exposed to the cool night air.

Elide would notice on his chest was a tattoo of a snake curling around his right pectoral, with a constellation of stars sitting inside its skin.

Aw, I just remembered my armor needs to get repaired before we leave for Dominion. You should’ve seen me fight.I had those little bastards hanging off every limb, but I shook them off with a battle roar! It was something else.”

"It's a shame- I don't remember much...Though I do have a vague memory of myself tearing one in half." She scratched her chin with a shrug.
She glanced at the tattoo, her curiosity getting the best of her. "What's that?" She asked, pointing towards it.

Bart looked down and noticed the snake. He’d had it so long he’d forgotten it was there for some time.
“Oh, this? It’s a family thing.” He turned around and flopped onto the hay pile beside her.
“These stars are the ones I was born under. The snake means unity, I think. I brought Winter, Stevie, and some of the others into the guild when they could’ve ended up highwaymen or worse. It brings the good out of people, I’ve found.”

She nodded, admiring it. "Well I think it's pretty" She smiled, laying back in the soft hay.
Elide let off a quiet sigh as she stared up at the barn roof.

Through an open panel in the barn’s roof, the two of them could gaze into the night sky. It was partly cloudy, but stars were slowly peeking out on occasion.

It was quiet awhile before Bart spoke again.

What do you see when you stare off into the sky?”

"I see the world. I see the love and the light it holds. I see my home, I see my dear friends..." She murmured, "The sight of the stars makes me dream." She smiled.
"What do you see?"

Bart watched the moonlight dance in her eyes as she spoke. He hardly even understood what she said, but she was quite a magical creature in all ways.
He shrugged and looked up at the sky.
“Darkness and bits of light. The moon captures me more than anything. Round and white like a shiny coin sitting in a wishing well. You make the night sound so poetic.”

She turned and looked at him. "Well look harder, let the music of the night sing to you." She smiled brightly before looking back up the sky.

Bart stared at the sky for a moment. He never looked this hard before, not since he met Elide, who saw such wondrous things in the great expanse of darkness. Suddenly it dawned on him.

“It makes me think of you” he paused. “Mysterious, beautiful, and glowing brightly. You’re the moon, and you own the stars. That’s why you see earth and everything you love.”

She was silent for a moment after he spoke, her face growing warm. "D-Do you really think so?" Her voice was near a whisper as she turned to look at him.

Bart hummed a soft mhm and shifted himself a little closer towards Elide. His eyes were starting to shut, as a wave of fatigue washed over him like a gentle wave.

She smiled softly and curled up allowing herself to become another willing victim to the gentle lullaby of the night

The next morning Elide would wake up and see Bart beside her still sleeping. He looked like a hibernating bear with his scraggly beard hair. She was lying closer to him than she remembered during the night. She was practically lying in his embrace.

Sounds of the farmers hacking away at the hay field could be heard, and the warm light touching his eyelids made him stir awake.
“Hey” he said drowsily and yawned. He’d spent the last few nights sleeping on the ground, so last night was luxury to him.

She yawned and untangled herself from him as she sat up. Elide yawned once more allowing herself to stretch her back. The warm sunlight glistened through the barn roof, bathing Elide's hair in a shimmering glow.

Walking outside, Elide would see a pair of horses standing by. The farm was productive.
Hey! You should put your gear together.” Bart called her from inside. He was getting tired of doing all the camp work. He bit his tongue for now. He had his broken armor in a bag, and wore his plain clothes. The greatsword was outside, sticking in the ground with its handle pointed at the sky.

She hurried to her feet and quickly dressed and gathered her equipment. She yawned and yanked the sword from the ground and tucked it onto her belt. Elide helped him clean up a bit before pulling herself up onto one of the horses.

(Well she is pretty strong despite her small demeanor after all, she is basically half-human, half-aether magic)

(Alright, then)
After pulling the sword out, she could only strap the huge thing to her back. It stuck out a lot at the top.
Upon mounting the horse, she heard the horse whine loudly and start bucking. Elide had no time to react and fell backwards. The sword broke her fall.

Looking upside down, she’d see the blue steel hair on Winter, arms folded.

“well well, another horse thief. I see Bart has taught you pretty well” The bard snarked.

(haha that's a great visual in my mind_
"Oh shit," She said under her breath, scrambling to try to bring herself upright, but alas she was trapped like an overturned turtle.
"Uh- Bart?" She called quickly, passing Winter a few glances.

She called, but Bart was in the barn getting everything ready.
“Bart’s a lousy bum! You should join my crew instead. You’ll get a fair share of the loot. Whats he given you, besides a sword to polish.” He grinned widely, burning a hole through the center of his victim’s soul. Such is the bard’s measure.

Hm. She was either hiding her shame or more willful than expected. Winter frowned.
“Suit yourself. Honestly, you two are probably better off together. I bet he’s very open about himself. He shares treasure with you, yes? Goblins hide lots of treasure, and nobody digs like ol Barto can.”

"well, it's better than being with a total jackass like yourself" She spat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back