• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Farewell to Kings: Elide’s Tale

Winter smiled. “How charming. You admit he’s not sharing then? I’m sure if you checked his pockets he’d be holding plenty of riches. I’ll let you figure it out on your own. Go fetch the chap. I need to talk to my old friend.” He ended with sourness.

She freed herself from the sword and rushed to the barn. "Bart, we have special company who wishes to speak with you" She motioned towards Winter with an annoyed expression on her face.

She’d find Bart kneeling on the ground and quickly move his hands around. He was holding a sack with contents in it.
“I know, I heard him.”
He rose to his feet and stepped outside.
Nice day for a ride. Did you get your quarry?”
“No. It was a false alarm. Lady mistook a kids pet rat for a ROUS.”
“Tragic for you.”
“Indeed. I see you made off well. Nobody knows how to suck blood from a tree like you.”
You’re the one who sucks.”
“Ah, the same quality insults I received from the girl. I was just telling her what to expect from having you as a squad leader.”
You don’t speak to her ever, got it?”
“Oh sure. Wouldn’t want to expose your little racket to the newest chump.”
Bart was quiet.
“I was a victim once. Never again. I forgave you for stealing my horse, but I can’t tolerate seeing you doing it again.”

Last edited:
She glanced towards the door before creeping towards the bag. Elide knelt own and quickly peeked inside, not wanting to believe winter's words.

Inside the bag was feed corn for the horse. Tucked at the bottom were several amethyst gems and an ample amount of gold.

Winter mounted his horse and trotted off. Bart growled at him with his fists clenched.
Jackass. Who does he think he is?”

Bart wanted to crush something in his palms, he was so frustrated. He went and found Elide.
“Whatever he told you, I’m saying it’s bullshit. Winter had it out for me since day one.” He looked around. It was time for them to hit the road.
Ready to go? We can be back in Emerald for lunch. My treat.”

"Yes- let's go home," Elide said quickly as she laced her bag over her back.
She still didn't know how she felt about the contents she found in the bag. Surely he wasn't keeping that for himself... He was better than that, right?

The ride back to Emerald felt a lot quicker than it took to get to the farms. Bart was pushing Ladybug hard and fast today. Once Elide saw the green watchtower she knew she was back where her adventure started. Bart slowed down and turned Lady into the stable near the north entrance.

I’m starved. What do you feel like eating?” He asked. Bart seemed like he wanted to get there quickly, even though he didn’t know the destination yet.

"I don't know of anything here, so whatever you pick should be fine with me," She said softly, gazing up at the bright sky overhead.
The delicious scents of bread and other baked goods sent her salivating. Elide hadn't realized how hungry she had been.

Bart shrugged and crossed a busy street and went down a sloped alley. On the other side was the Fennec Bistro, where as she approached, Elide could smell something wonderful in the air. Spiced rum, fried eggs, and stewed meat. The bistro doors were open and they were able to go in and find a table.

There was definitely some tension felt as they sat across from each other. This energy was different, and Bart didn’t like it.

She sat in silence and stared down at her hands, contemplating the past few days. Had she been that naive? Was he just using her? That wasn't a thought she liked to have. She wanted to trust him, her heart wanted to care for him, but doubt still clouded her mind.

After hearing his order, a waitress left to fetch a whole chicken and some tea.
Bart rested his arms on the table and looked at Elide.
Alright, so I’ve been thinking about how we’ll get to Dominion. Tess should have some zeppelin vouchers. We could take one across the mountains and reach the city in a couple days. If not, we might have to hoof it for almost a month. Really am hoping she has tickets left.”

"We could find a gypsy caravan if the zeppelin doesn't work out... They will make the trip much more enjoyable" She chuckled softly, tucking some loose hair behind her ear.

Bart nodded and smiled. “Yes, that would be great.”
Food arrived and Bart couldn’t wait to dig in.
“I’ll take care of ye the whole way there. Don’t worry about a thing. I am at your service.” He said to charm her. He then ripped a drumstick off the bird and bit into its smoked meat.

She chuckled quietly and began to start eating herself, her stomach growling. Elide ate hungrily, the tastes exciting her, she almost forgot the past events.

“So, about the sword.” Bart said between bites. “I still have it. Do you want me to sell it or would you rather take it yourself? That was your quest loot after all...”

"I-I should find the thing it wanted me to find first...I don't know what'll happen if I rid myself of it," Her words were soft yet full of fear.
In truth, she was terrified of the blade and wished she could take it and husk it off a bridge. But she knew she couldn't...Not yet at least.

Bart raised an eyebrow. “But if you’re scared of it, why do as it says? Whatever has possessed the sword probably has its own agenda. I say take the money and get on with life.”

"Because... When we were in the cave... It said it wanted to help me... I don't want to suffer anymore," She murmured.

Bart nodded and put his hand over hers. “If you’re suffering, I’ll do my best to ease it. But evil spirits can taste desperation, and could be leading you the wrong way.”

"I-I just don't know what it wants from me," She sighed, resting her head against the table.

Bart kept eating while he processed everything.
“What uh... what did it say again? An orb?” He kept chewing with mouth open. “You’re all about mystic stuff. Maybe try a spell? Try talking to it, maybe it’ll answer. Worst it can do is cuss you out” he shrugged and started drinking the rest of his warm mead.

She sat for a moment before reaching out with the aether, looking for the link with the sword. "Hello?"

Bart saw her going into that dark place, laying her head on the table. A waitress came by and looked concerned. Bart reassured them she was tired from the long journey. He started flexing and telling her a story until she excused herself.

“Yes? Are you speaking child?” The voice was soft and distant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back