• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Farewell to Kings: Elide’s Tale

“Hmm? Nothing really. What do you want?” The sword spoke dismissively. She was calling it from the void. The beautiful void. Why must it appease the worries of a frightened young thing?

"I-I don't know..." Her voice was near a whisper. She had no idea what she wanted, but she knew that she needed it.

Peh. Just hand me over to someone who kills so I can stay alive. Leave me alone.” If she couldn’t find the courage to speak she wouldn’t get anywhere.

“No. You’re the one inside my head here. You’re going to tell me what you want and what you’re doing here.” She tried to regain control of the situation, knowing it was going south.

The voice in her head was almost haunting. “Souuuuuuuuullssssssss are what I crave.” The voice chuckled. “As for why I’m here, that’s up to you. I’m just a sword cast from the abyss seeking tribute. Does that answer your question dear?”

She sighed and sent a word of agreement to the voice before disconnecting herself from the sword. She felt the rush of reality come back to her in a sweep. She took a deep breath and opened her eyes.

The table was empty. How much time passed? It was approaching evening. Bart was nowhere to be seen.
The sword was attached to her hip again. The bar was seating new guests, and sailors were seated nearby.
A pain was felt in Eli’s brain.
“Souls!” The sword screamed. Not an eye turned in Eli’s direction.
She couldn’t hear the people nearby. It was like being deaf.

Her head pounded as she pushed herself to her feet. Elite stumbled from the table, her hand wrapped around her weapon. She glanced towards the table of guests, opening her mouth to speak, but no words came out.

“Silence is beautiful... learn to appreciate it. We shall want nothing, become nothing, and feel nothing.”

The blade lifted itself from the sheath. It begged to be drawn across all of these people.

“Will you show beauty to them, child of the Archduke?!”

“I-I don’t want to hurt anyone” Her body shook as she felt like she was losing control of herself.

“You’re drawn to the knife. It was given to you, an infant. Who could be less deserving of death? I say take revenge on the world that did you wrong. There’s great power in becoming one of the ÜNDRA.”

“But they’re innocent!” Her hands wrapped around the hilt of the blade.

“They’re nobody. They’re but mere sheep to the slaughter regardless. Pirates, rapists, politicians... nobody is innocent. This is the beauty of silence. In the abyss, your regrets become your steel. Wield it always.”

Her hearing returned. The dull roar of a busy restaurant was carrying on. A couple people noticed Eli’s white knuckle grip on her sword.
“Whoa, are you okay?” A gruff lady’s voice spoke. Looking over, it was Tess!
She had a leather buckler on her arm and had it turned towards her sword.
“It’s rough, isn’t it? The guild pits a lot of rivalries into motion. Sometimes they act like stupid boys. Just keep following your rainbow, as I like to call it.”

Last edited:
“H....Help me” Elide whispered before collapsing once more.

All the voices were gone now. There was absolute darkness...
~~~~~~~

"Bardlay, go with papa and run as fast as you can! HOWARRGGRR......"
"Mommy!"

No more darkness, just flames and blood. The gasping breaths as death bears down on you. It makes you... it makes you feel.... Alive!

Those weren't her memories. It was the soul of another. A momentarily lived-in experience.

Elide's eyes opened, and she was laying on a couch this time. She was in someone's basement where three other people were standing around. Two were standing and talking while the third stood across the room against the door.

"I don't care. I'm not staying. Look, I'm going up into those mountains if it kills me! Get off your high horse." Tess was speaking to Winter, well more yelling as he was cowering in fear of getting smacked again. She was a tough bitch as squad leader.

Elise gasped and shot up, placing a hand against her head with a sigh. She slid off of the couch and started towards the two of them. “W-What’s going on? Where am I? Where’s Bart?”

Winter and Tess saw her wake up and get off the couch.
“Hey you should relax. You’ve been out cold for awhile.” Tess nodded with what Winter said.

Winter looked up and shrugged his shoulders. “No clue... you were alone when I saw you.”
Tess shook her head. “He might’ve gotten distracted and wandered off. Can’t say for sure. I took you into my little shack in the city. I own three and rent two of em out. It’s like minting my own coin!” She spoke to Winter and Eli at once.

“I know how you’re feeling Tess. You think your people are up there, but I can assure you it’s nothing but broken war machines and unmarked graves. Save yourself the pain of looking and just come with me.”
“The city means nothing to me. If I can’t bury my parents then what’s the point of anything?”
Winter was silent. Too many avenues would only lead to her leaving.
“Sorry Eli, what do you need from me?” Tess directed her attention to the girl.

Last edited:
"I-I need to go find him." She murmured before shoving past them and bolting out the door, the exchanges seeming all like a hazy memory from something she couldn't remember.
Her body felt unreal and empty as if she was not inhabiting it. Elide stumbled around the street, searching for any familiar face.

“Ah, Eli!” Tess exclaimed as the dazed girl staggered out of the shack and into the street.
It was a busy night. Bodies and unknown faces moved past her like a blur. None of them seemed the least bit familiar.
“Elide!” Tess called and put a hand on her shoulder.
“Let me help you. I know Bart’s usual hangout spots.”
She started to lead the girl through the crowds. Tonight felt like a Friday.
Bart wasn’t at the Hawk Tavern or standing out by the Apple carts. There were still a couple bars to check out.
“I can’t believe he just left you out here alone. He’s such a slug head.”

Silently she agreed with her. She hadn't expected him to leave her so abruptly with the state she had been in. As she walked she kept her eyes open for potential targets for the sword. Elide knew she wouldn't live in peace until it's bidding was completed. Elide felt the aether closer to her then she had ever previously felt, the magic was almost smothering her life force.

Her magical eye saw a slew of drunken debauchery. Sailors were getting shit faced out in public. She even saw a town guard or two sitting with them over drinks.

Someone brushed shoulders with Tess, and she turned around. She saw a big guy with brown unkempt hair and a beard.

“uh, hey! Bart!” She stuck herself into the crowd, but the just kept moving, not paying attention to Tess. The man moved faster, as if he had something to hide.

She summoned the aether, reaching out to the man. Her magic curling around the man's body as she pulled him back towards her. Her mind cleared a bit as she used her powers in a way such as this, which was a frightening thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back