• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Farewell to Kings: Elide’s Tale

She sighed and nodded, knowing that he was right. She couldn't rid herself of the dangerous weapon, for she still had lots she needed to learn from the blade

Bart lifted Elide up a little so they could talk. She sat on his lap.
“So, I guess you know some stuff about me now? How bad was it?”
He wanted to know just how much of his past she was privy to. If she was still here, he figured, she couldn’t know the full story.

"I-I saw fighting and part of the war.... I think I also saw some bit of your childhood.... You talked about a baby... What was that about?" She asked quietly

Bart looked off for a bit. “Baby?” He needed a second to recall. “Yes... George. He was my little brother. Adorable little guy... I told him every day he was getting stronger. He was so tiny the day he was born.”
He went quiet after that.
The wind blew, and the moon appeared through the clouds. It’s light danced in Eli’s eyes.
“Eli... have I told you how beautiful you are?”
Looking at her, he wanted to run his fingers through her hair, pull her close and kiss those gentle lips.

Last edited:
Heat rose to her cheeks as she began to stutter a response. "I-I d-didn't know y-you t-thought that way" her face deepened in color.
She could feel her heart beating rapidly within her chest as she gulped down some air.

“Well, it’s much more than that. I need to know your okay. I-“ he stopped and swallowed. She was looking feverish and exhausted. This dark alley was no place for a first kiss. He was feeling like Winter’s jests was true, that he preyed on women like a vampire. No, Elide deserved better.

“Let’s find a place to sleep. Are you as exhausted as I am?”
She was much more tired. Her body could barely stand. He lifted her up and placed the veil over her eyes.
Being carried, the light was very dim. She could almost start napping before they arrived, if she wanted to.

In which she did, Elide was fast asleep in minutes, her chest rising and falling gently as slept.

Bart carried her until he nearly collapsed in the doorway of an open inn on the north side of town, up the big hills.

Elide woke up in a soft and comfortable bed, fully rested. Outside, a steady rain pelted the cobblestone roads.

On the floor was Bart, laying in his bedroll with a book in front of him. He looked a tad bored. Laying in bed wasn’t his style, but with the rain it would be tough to get anywhere quickly.

She yawned as she propped herself up. Elide pulled the veil from her face as she sat up. Elide took in a large breath of air and let out a soft sigh. A smile was spread warmly across her face as she turned to look at him

She smiled and shrugged. "We can always go enjoy the rain. There're some ponds out here that I think could be fun,"

Bart nodded and unfurled the blanket in his bedroll.
“Pond huh? Could we go fishing?” He was hungry, and he’d eat half the ocean if given a chance.

"If you want, it's just gypsy tradition to go for a swim first rain of the season. I might have to find a caravan, so I can celebrate with them." She smiled as she dragged her fingers through her snow colored hair, trying to get out the tangles.

Bart stood up and applauded her for those traditions, even though it made zero sense to him.”Yes, a swim would be great. It’s time I shave, too.” His beard was getting hot and itchy.
“Want me to get some of my people together? They’re kinda like my caravan, I think.”

She laughed brightly, happily clapping her hands together. "Yes! We'll have to teach all of you. Do you think they have ceremonial paint they could bring? I guess normal paint would work too, but we'll need paint regardless." Elide stood up with a smile.

The sword cheered. “Yes! Paint with their blood!” It cackled cartoonishly. Bart laughed dryly and heavy in sarcasm.
“Is that thing going to talk forever? Won’t it just burn out like a dead candle?”
The sword grumbled and simmered down.

Something opened up inside his mind that let him hear this spirit’s voice. Perhaps the connection between Bart and Elide didn’t break, it just buried itself deeper into their souls.

”Paint should be easy. Those butt sniffers in church use it all the time. Anything else?”

"Have Tess bring a veil. We wear it over our mouth's for the beginning of the dance, but then we can take it off. She doesn't really have to I guess, it's just what we'd do in a caravan" She shrugged

Bart chuckled. “I’m sure she’ll want to. She’s into that stuff. What about me? What should I wear?”

"Whatever you want, I mean as long as it's not going to scar anyone emotionally, there shouldn't be an issue." She laughed

Bart stuck his head out the door and started smacking the door frame. A boy ran up towards him almost by command.
“You know Tess Summers? East side with the tin roof? Red hair. Tell her to meet us at the wolfhead for tea time.”
The boy took a gold coin from him and ran off.
“We got time if you wanna goof off a little. Lets take a walk up to the Emerald Spire. You probably haven’t seen it yet, right?”

They went out in the morning, stopping at a stand where an old veteran poured cups of coffee for each of them. They headed down the steep roads to reach the Emerald Watchtower, which had a set of fine white stairs wrapping around it. They walked up together. The great green jewel gleamed brightly in the daylight.
Up here, Elide could see the whole bay. There was a glimmer from another port on the waters. Possibly another city like Emerald?
The wind blew through their hair, and at this height they were in friendly distance of many seagulls.

She took in a large breath as she closed her eyes. A feeling of peace washing over her. It felt wonderful to be up at this height.

Bart put his hand over his eyes and looked to the other lighthouse that was glimmering with a yellow light.
“It’s... Agerfeld, I think. That’s funny. I swore the yellow crystal was destroyed during the war.” He was watching the coast. Bart decided to start telling Elise about the war.

He remembered the heavy losses felt in that battle. The sea defenses were weak during a rough hurricane season, and the brigade just drifted in. Bart remembered the night of a typhoon when he and Winter held off a group of pirates together. They were around thirteen years old at the time.

She leaned against the railing and looked up at him, listening intently. She had never really heard stories of the war, as the gypsies weren't involved in it... Well that was until her mother was killed. Then they were involved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back