• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Fantasy World Wrestling

NeonFlow

The one who made Aerth
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Not much of a check as honestly all I have is some "above average" plots to throw at it. But my idea is a professional wrestling promotion in a fantasy world. Different races teams events and championship belts. The idea would be started from a isekai person way back in the day who somehow got the whole staged fights/in ring stories over with a medieval crowd.

More seeing if anyone would find interest in this or want to help me make it.
Allowing all races the "wrestling story" would follow characters fighting to gain the prestigious FWW belts.

The FWW undisputed belt- only using physical might in singles competition
The FWW team championship belts- same as above but in teams of two
And the FWW mana titles, singles and tag- allowing magic in a match.

But the overall story would involve the people traveling to different areas and putting on a show.
They would deal with real situations but have to stay "kayfabe" while doing so.
For example
"The FWW promotion is in a town under siege from ogres, the crowd screams for Busha Ogre arm
(A dwarf whose 'gimmick' is he has arms stronger then a ogre) to save the day!"
How will said characters deal with it? Saving themselves while keeping in character and making money all the way

(Wrestling fans might get a kick from this but comedy fantasy crowds can easily manage to fit in I'd say... But can still have tense moments and drama)

I generated a similair idea for something else a long time ago, where the lack of active policing in a small town due to budget cuts and layoffs from a unfair elected official, led to an act of rebellion versus the stark increase of crime, from common people who's security and livelihoods were affected most.

Using the lack of enforcement on both sides, they took matters into their own hands and a neighborhood watch joined together to enact the ultimate farm justice; With wrestling heroes of television fame and old Sunday night cartoons emboldening them, they adopt superhero celebrity personas to dissasociate themselves from the fear of criminal retribution or personal harm to themselves, while also shielding their personal identities from being reported to authorities when their acts go too far and take policing the local area into their hands.

Notable heroes included "Uncle Slam", "Beet and Brother Squash", "Melee-issa", "Maxi-mus-t Pound" and more. No I never did anything with it.

I liked to imagine it as a really bad take on "Office" style screenplay where someone would do the "Flint-Lockwood" meme-run towards a guy burr-grinding into someone's bike lock, except instead of the cop in 'Chance of Meatballs, it's a 46 year old man wearing bright Spandex yelling "BOI IF THAT AINT YO BIKE UNCLE SLAMS GONNA GIVE IT TO YOU" followed swiftly by that epically fake 70's wrestling, except he actually breaks the perps leg or something and awkwardly runs away afterward.

Oh hey
I generated a similair idea for something else a long time ago, where the lack of active policing in a small town due to budget cuts and layoffs from a unfair elected official, led to an act of rebellion versus the stark increase of crime, from common people who's security and livelihoods were affected most.

Using the lack of enforcement on both sides, they took matters into their own hands and a neighborhood watch joined together to enact the ultimate farm justice; With wrestling heroes of television fame and old Sunday night cartoons emboldening them, they adopt superhero celebrity personas to dissasociate themselves from the fear of criminal retribution or personal harm to themselves, while also shielding their personal identities from being reported to authorities when their acts go too far and take policing the local area into their hands.

Notable heroes included "Uncle Slam", "Beet and Brother Squash", "Melee-issa", "Maxi-mus-t Pound" and more. No I never did anything with it.
Another check aha

I can appreciate where you see similarity but I think the main difference here is my rp would be set in a medieval fantasy with monsters and magic.
So various tag teams, rivalries, "story lines" an such would revolve around that.

elves
dwarfs
kobolds
lizardman
humans
harpies
Centaurs,
Almost any beastkin (A actual size Dragon can't fit on a stage)

Would be competing for titles and such

The wrestling side of the rp would be much more player involved then the overall plot, the fantasy world may be going to shit but our characters still have a show to put on if they want money. That or get real jobs,

I liked to imagine it as a really bad take on "Office" style screenplay where someone would do the "Flint-Lockwood" meme-run towards a guy burr-grinding into someone's bike lock, except instead of the cop in 'Chance of Meatballs, it's a 46 year old man wearing bright Spandex yelling "BOI IF THAT AINT YO BIKE UNCLE SLAMS GONNA GIVE IT TO YOU" followed swiftly by that epically fake 70's wrestling, except he actually breaks the perps leg or something and awkwardly runs away afterward.
I imagine it more like AEW mixed with a isekai anime. A mix of real fighting and staged, like a elf isn't able to pick up and throw a adult dwarf up and over the ropes.
The dwarf would need to work with the elf and then sell the landing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back