• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Fantasy Medieval RP Partner Search- Always Open

ShakinMcBacon

ばかです
I'm looking for someone who's interested in a historical or low-fantasy RP, as the title would suggest.

I don't expect much of my partners, but here's a few things to keep in mind:

1: Be literate. I don't mind the occasional typo or mistake, (goodness knows I do it) but keep your writing nice to read.

2: Take an active role in plot and scene development! This is a story we're writing together, and it's not much fun when one person is doing all the heavy lifting. Don't be afraid to incorporate NPCs and plot points. If you're ever uncertain, do not hesitate to ask me anything. I am all for collaborating.

3. OOC chat is accepted and encouraged! I find interacting with my partner outside of the rp helps me keep an interest in the rp itself. So don't by shy to talk about scenes you want to see, characters you want to incorporate, or settings you want to develop.

Now, ze plots:

in the sprawling city of Goldmire, a disturbing discovery has been made. A series of catacombs, built by the ancients and seemingly endless, lie beneath the city, unknown to the world above until now. Scholars, thieves, and treasure-hunters alike now delve into the dark depths, seeking knowledge and treasure alike. What dark horrors await them? How does one explain the recent rise of a cult that worships "the beast"?

Two apprentice mages awake to find their master missing, the library and study ransacked, and nothing to guide them but a note that reads "Do not follow". The apprentices will face a journey of hardship and mystery, as they unravel the secrets of their master's role in the intricacies of politics and magic.

A guild of thieves has recently stolen a seemingly unremarkable book, from a recent heist of a mage's tower. It has laid collecting dust for some time, until two initiates discover it and find it has a potent, yet terrifying power. The esoteric knowledge within the book is enough to drive one mad, but greed often obscures reason, and so many more seek its power.

For two centuries, an elusive order of vampires have kept a grip over a kingdom, working in the shadows and installing themselves in nearly every possible position of power, manipulating nobles and killing off any that would oppose them. And, so far, they have gone largely unopposed, or at least until now, with a group of vampire hunters having recently set up shop in the area, albeit in the monikers of common travelers.

In the cold north there lies a being. It is ever present, it is in the frenzied blizzards and chill winds, in the shifting snow banks and the cracking of ice upon rivers. Now it has turned its all-knowing gaze to the lives of men and mer, manifesting itself into the "Unbeing", the men and women consumed by the force. Trappers, servants, soldiers, butchers, all will wake suddenly in the night and disappear. Now they are the subject of folklore; figures that come to snatch away children and burn down grain barns. Our characters can either be skeptical foreigners or disgruntled locals, but either way, the Unbeing must be understood and ended.

These are all quite open plots, so don't be shy in offering your own ideas or adaptations. Similarly, don't be afraid to offer your own plots! I'd love to hear your own ideas.

Reply to this thread with the plot that interests you most and I'll shoot you a pm.

Last edited:
Hello! I'm interested in writing with you!
I'm 29, and a literate RPer. Tend to do about 3 paragraphs or more each post as I have been RPing for 10+ years.

The plot that interests me the most is the Blood of Kings, if you are still interested!

The Missing Master plot is calling to me...
Rolls up sleeves. Unrolls feather quill. Waves it around dramatically.

On a serious note, I haven’t experienced a community like RPNation with partners more serious, in a way, about storytelling; although, I’ve roleplayed in the past, through d&d as well. So, I’m a... experienced noob? I might need to adjust to this new style and learn some, but I’m excited.
I’ve discovered something cool.

Anyways, feel free to pm :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back