• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Fantasy Interest Check

Do you prefer a freeform style or a more structured style?

• Freeform! Rules are for losers!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Structured! Freeform is for imbeciles!

• I don't care either way.

• Total voters
Great ideas guys, I'm going with a magic-y sort of character, but one that can still make use of a bow and arrow since irl that's a personal interest of mine xD

I've never been one for magic, since Its always been a weakness of mine xD I can't actually describe it real well, so I tend to stay away from it.

StrongImplications said:
Yeah, the last time I actively roleplayed I was doing a non-magic character or two in WoW, it was enjoyable.
That's cool, I get what you mean.

I think archery has become a bit of a favorite for people these days xD I had planned to make my theif a bit of an archer too but I'll probably focus more on daggers and poison considering other people's choices.

@Rynnthewriter Me too!

Rynnthewriter said:
I've never been one for magic, since Its always been a weakness of mine xD I can't actually describe it real well, so I tend to stay away from it.
Lol well then xD We all like different things, so whatever floats your boat

Actually now that I think about my character and imagine it I might make a more supportive one like a healer mage or bard

I imagine we'll definitely need someone with some healing magic. I was debating that myself but I'm quite set on my thief, now.

The only magical character I'm debating on right now is if I should perhaps make a paladin-type character. I always have loved that vocation in games.

I'm glad you all are excited, I'm hoping to get the RP up Sunday. In the meantime, if you wanna create a CS we can start looking at characters.

Great :) I'd love to start working on a character sheet if you have a skeleton we can work off? We can always edit them later on when we know more about the world and the plot. The only thing I'd be curious about is how everyone comes together? I know you had been debating a mercenary group or a guild of some sorts. It doesn't matter if you're not decided yet, though :)

Yes, as DearestEnemy said, we can try and create some form of skeleton to start with. How deep the skeleton goes is what we'll have to find out.

I think I'd be a mage and a seer. The seer part of the character wont be too significant. Probably only one or two visions of extreme events (which would have been premeditated in the ooc), and a general sense of what's happening next when she wishes it.

Name:

Race:

Age/build
(muscular, slim, etc):

Skills
(what are you proficient with)

Attributes (anything special or remarkable):

Background:

Appearance:

Ok, just a pretty basic CS. I''ll add more later, but this'll help us get started when the RP goes up.

(ignore this, I need to edit the rest of the info in)

Name: Natasha

Nickname: Nat

Race: Elf

Age/build [/b](muscular, slim, etc): 19

Skills
(what are you proficient with): Mage. Powers work best with her staff

Attributes (anything special or remarkable):

Background:

4pm-10pm EST

Appearance:
5edda661725f2b853a8a5371d0ac05df.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Does it matter if I rp as a male even though I'm a female? Last rp I was in, it irked the creator that I wanted to rp as a male... So, any thoughts on that situation?

nsms39 said:
Does it matter if I rp as a male even though I'm a female? Last rp I was in, it irked the creator that I wanted to rp as a male... So, any thoughts on that situation?
Of course this is all up to Seymour, he is the top dog here. I personally don't mind though, it doesn't matter to me.

StrongImplications said:
Of course this is all up to Seymour, he is the top dog here. I personally don't mind though, it doesn't matter to me.
Good point... Now I guess I'll just have to make a generic cs that can be applied to both sexes till I get something from Seymour.

Name: Elysia Rosetta

Race: Human

Age/build: Twenty two. Slight build.

Skills:

While her blackened longbow is her weapon of choice in the midst of battle, Elysia finds that it gets the least amount of use out of her small arsenal of weapons. More often that not, the tasks she deals with require a quick flick of a dagger across an artery or plunged deep into a back. She also excels in the art of poison, both the making and the dealing. Whether it's to dip an arrowhead into, or tipping a few drops into an unsuspecting lover's glass, she finds it the most pleasing of ways to kill, paralyze or render her victims unconscious. Mostly because it requires so little effort on her part. Not that she's lazy, of course. She puts herself through thorough training to keep her body lithe and agile. She just enjoys the ease of the killing.

Sia is a beautiful woman and she knows how to use this to her advantage. While a man might have more strength to aid him, she has the power of igniting desire. So often they allow their guards to fall while being fawned over by a lady and she uses this weakness to get what she wants. So often they're too arrogant to believe a mere woman could hold any danger. She likes to confuse the senses, distract them with sweet kisses while her hands search for keys, or encourage them to relieve information in return for pleasure of the body. Her poisons come in quite useful here, especially when she doesn't wish to fulfill her end of the bargain. She can be quite persuasive and always seems to know just what to say. She can play the sweet and innocent role just as well as the seductive young woman.

Attributes:

[in progress]

Background:

Elysia's earliest memories are of the small cottage she shared with a woman she believes is not her mother. Of course, she still calls her as much but Sia knows deep down that the two are not related. For one, the woman always seemed to be far too old to have a child so small. There are no memories in which the old woman did not have a cane to aid her in walking. Other than that, Sia feels little for the woman she calls 'mother'. There is no 'unconditional love' between the two of them like some of the other children would describe about their own parents. She feels little more than respect and tolerance while in her company, though perhaps that is simply in result of the way she was raised.

Her mother was not an easy woman to grow up with. She was always barking orders and scoldings from as early as Elysia could remember. Praise was rare to come by but when it did, Sia felt her ego swell. The only thing that woman ever really complimented her on was her appearance, which seemed a little ridiculous considering it was the one thing she couldn't control. As she grew older, she would realize why.

Her mother's teachings revolved around poison-making and Sia studied hard to learn all she could. When she was seventeen, a man named Elijah came to live in her home. He was young, not much older than she, and her mother told her she had hired him to teach her archery. They trained hard almost every day for a whole year, until Elysia had really mastered the skill. During that time, a friendship blossomed and soon turned to something more. She was barely eighteen, he in his early twenties, but she was sure that she loved him.

It was not to be.

In the days between her training, her mother had Sia practice pick pocketing. Some evenings she would send her out to try her new skills out on the people she passed by. Sometimes she was even encouraged to slip inside the homes of their neighbors and take something of value. It was after one of these evenings that Elysia returned home to find Elijah's body in the ditch not far from her home. Devastated, she returned to her mother, sobbing. Her mother barely blinked when she entered the house in so much distress.

"You found him, then?" she had asked before she resumed cooking the dinner. "He served his purpose well enough but now we have no need for him."

Elysia was outraged and heartbroken. She had felt more for that man than she had ever felt for the woman in front of her. "I loved him!"

"This is a lesson for you, girl. Love makes you weak. Men will betray you time and time again in return for power. You best learn from this. A woman who thinks like a man is the strongest of them all."

It had been a difficult lesson to learn, and one that Elysia would never forgive her mother for, but she learned it regardless. She shut herself off from attachment to anything and focused instead on her own personal gain. After Elijah's death, something just snapped inside of her. She wasn't going to be the victim anymore. She wasn't going to let herself get hurt - emotionally at least. So she started building her walls; shutting everyone out and keeping her real feelings and passions to herself lest they simply be used against her.

[in progress]

Appearance:

barbara-palvin-girl-Favim.com-800343.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back