• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Chimeric

strut
Roleplay Availability
Hi everyone, I'm L'Amour and I'm coming back from a small break and my internet will be turned on the 13th, and yeah, I'm on mobile right now.

You may have guessed from the title that I am interested in doing some kind of fantasy café thread. Mainly what I want is the following;
— a slice of life, fantasy, super-natural, casual thread.
— 500 word posts minimum, and weekly posts, active & engaging oc community
— creative freedom of characters but no over powered sues or powerplaying

If the above is your cup of tea, or something you would like to expand on, please feel free to express your interest, ask questions, and offer ideas. I want to involve others on this and build it with characters and their stories.

I was thinking a fantasy version of our world, but I am open to other possibilities if those interested would like something different.

Personally I am not familiar with D&D mechanics let alone DMing, so I would prefer to stay away from that. But as an idea to those who would enjoy that kind of setting, perhaps characters can have their own D&D game/club/gathering?

For those interested I did want to ask if there is a preference for a discord server or an oc thread, I'm most likely going to do both, but I am curious as I usually come across that more people prefer discord.

It sounds interesting, but exactly how fantasy are we talking? I wrote a fiction called Slime Cafe about... Well, a slime running a cafe.
What I mean to say is, what is and isn't on the table?

For me my main concern in characters are them being too powerful or over the top in that they are seemingly perfect, unstoppable. And somewhat making sense— a God that's a God just because it is a God does not make sense to me, more on that in further reading.

As long as there are faults and weaknesses that balance out their strengths I am open to what you come with and will also work with anyone who wants some help.

Now, maybe things like apocalypse and world domination are off the table in terms of the plot and setting for the world, as I intend this to be a casual, slice of life; but maybe your character came from a world experiencing that and by some way, ended up here. Your character could also be an alien and came to Earth, they might even believe they are going to take it over, but there attempts are much like Invader Zim's.

A slime running a café is not so outlandish in all this. I have seen a couple really cool slime characters and I haven't really seen any problems in them after asking for explanations. Almost everything is possible, which I realize is still vague, but I think it'll be better to handle things on a case by case basis.

I will say often the idea of a God seem to be based on powers and immortality, but here that will not be the case as just about everyone has the chance at having a character with powers and even immortality (again weaknesses are still needed), so I do apologize if this is rains on anyone's parade but please be aware of the following when wanting to make a "God."
- power and immortality will be based on a following and worship, so in some way, whether its a secret identity or a celebrity, please reference a following and why people follow you, what you do for them. This is ONLY if you want to make a God.

This is because otherwise to me your character isn't a God they can be literally any other thing with powers.

If I do think something is world breaking, which will be difficult to do honestly, I will poke you politely about it.

Name: Arwick Beale

Race: Mageling

Physical Desc:

5' 9" high, 133 lbs

He has tousled brown hair and a perpetually worried expression. He has green-brown eyes and a smattering of freckles on his semi-tanned skin. He has a lean build, but his arms and shoulders are deceptively strong due to the frequency of his wearing the Gauntlets. The Air Gauntlet on his left hand is comprised of several fluted metal pieces wrapped around his wrist and fingers, a gust of white wind flowing between the poeces at all times. The Earth Gauntlet is essentially a large stone glove, with thick fingers. Each Gauntlet extends up to Arwick's elbows, and are one or two sizes too big.

Equipment: Lightweight clothing, mage's Gauntlets (air and earth attunement), wallet (155 foreign gold), library card (expired)

Personality: Curious and cautious, willing to meet danger but not looking for it either. Accepting of new people, but has difficulty understanding social cues.

He's very good with his elemental Gauntlets, and uses them more for convenience than combat. He can fly for a limited amount of time with the Air Gauntlet, and he can manipulate dirt with his Earth Gauntlet. He's very protective of the Gauntlets.

Backstory: Arwick was washed up on the shores of a living island named Illycrium as a baby, and the island raised him.

Illycrium spoke through trees and mushrooms and shadows, and that was the language Arwick grew up surrounded by.

When he grew a little older, Illycrium made for him a pair of Gauntlets that he could use to protect himself, and he learned how to use them well.

He didn't understand that there was more to the world than the island he grew up on, until a hurricane blew him off Illycrium. He washed up on the shore of a city with no idea where he was... or how to get home.

Personal Goal: Get back to Illycrium somehow.

(Is this enough?)

Oh I think it's a great start! I'm not sure what a mageling is if you could explain that to me? I was going to put up CSs, if enough people show interest in this ♡

So like a wizard or witch?
Pretty cool, I plan to make a thread for character sheets when this gets enough interest

Yep, I also think we have enough people interested for me to make a cs thread and an oc thread/discord (I'll be making both). I'll tag everyone whose posted here when they're done (will be no earlier than tomorrow).

Sorry it's taken so long to get back to y'all! I have decided I won't be doing this in order to maintain my sanity as I want to do a different rp, and instead of not saying anything at all which I don't think would be right, I wanted to tell you guys. Thank you for your interest and I do apologize for this :C <3

Sorry it's taken so long to get back to y'all! I have decided I won't be doing this in order to maintain my sanity as I want to do a different rp, and instead of not saying anything at all which I don't think would be right, I wanted to tell you guys. Thank you for your interest and I do apologize for this :C <3
Sounds good! In the case of which i might be able to join, what's the new RP you're participating in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back