• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Fantasia

CrimsonEclipse said:
He chuckled, grinning at the mermaid. "It is a pleasure to be made your acquaintance, Briny." He said, grinning at the irony of your name. She said something about seeing stranger things and all that. "Well, bigger isn't exactly better if you don't know how to use size to your advantage." He said to her, speaking from experience. "It isn't really hard to tell that you're human. Only non humans would have the guts to stare an orc in his eye."
Briny smiled at his polite response this orc has better manner than most humans. She nodded at his words of wisdom, using size to your advantage. Briny looked curiously at him, he seemed to be quite the jolly guy. What would humans have to be afraid of? She gave a cocky grin and asked "why do your eyes bore holes into the viewer's head?"

He chuckled, seeing that this girl is braver and cockier than most people, even most non humans. It would take a lot of guts to speak to him, and she sure did have a lot of those. He laughed at her question, finding it quite amusing and silly. "Well, Ms. Stillwater, I'm just wondering if people deserved their head." He said to her, grinning at her.

Briny smiled, she has always felt more comfortable around those who aren't human. Especially she liked those who noticed that she wasn't human either. She smiled and flipped her hair, "I believe some do while other's who don't use their head, should loose it." She gave him a sly smile, then changed the subject "So what bring you to the human docks? Other than the prospect of viewing the foolish brawls of humans."

He chuckled, liking the attitude of this girl. She's tough and she's got spirit but she's still polite and respectful, sometimes. "Well, I was headed here to look for a job. Being a mercenary isn't an easy occupation you know. Also I heard the ale here is great, and so are the harlots." He said to her, grinning as he said the last part. "What about you? I'm sure you didn't come here to chat with a half orc."

Briny smiled, at his comment. He thought he could teeter her with, human vulgarity he had another thing coming. The whores of the earth were fierce women, but the harlots of the sea were strong man-eating creatures. She smiled and responded "I am here to buy supplies. As a mermaid, I need no human items, however as a map-maker and navigator it is a requirement."

He grinned at her, truly enjoying her company. "A navigator? Then it means you have a ship, or at least, part of a crew." He said to her, the grin still on his face. He was truly curious as to how mermaids work, how they can grow legs and all those things. They were curiosities to him, and he would truly love to have them figured out. "If so, where are they? Are they on a different dock?" He asked her.

Briny sighed. She used to be the navigator of a great crew, dauntless and feared. However, they are gone, scattered in the winds of time. She shook her head "I was part of a old crew, but they are long gone. Now I spend most of my time charting unknown areas and selling the information for profit. It's a living, and I like it well enough although nothing beats sailing on the seas with a brave crew." She smiled at the memory and then asked him "how about you? Have you ever sailed the seas with a crew?"

Kikya pouted when he found yet another full in. This was the third inn he had visited looking for a room and it was the third time he had been denied. Really how hard was it to find a simple place to sleep for the night. At this rait he might as well sleep outside. The thought made him grow depressed and he looked at the ground as he walked toward the docks.

He had hoped he would find a place to sleep and rest his aching legs. He wasn't quite used to them yet. Hearing the sound of waves crashing against the beach he gained an idea. Maybe he could solve both his problems and look for someone who won't mind giving him a ride or letting him sleep on the ship. Perking up he looked up just as he slammed into a orc and another mermaid. He was sent flying to the ground and landed on his toosh.

He chuckled, hearing her question brought back a few memories. "I have actually. A group of pirates hired me to help with a, how did they put it, pest problem. It turned out that this pest they are referring to is a kraken, and they expected me to kill it, and kill it I did. It wasn't quite hard actually, but maybe it's because it was just a young one." He said to her, the grin still on his face. He was about to say more when a boy bumped him, sending the boy flying. "Oh dear, are you alright?" He asked, helping him up.

"Yea, sorry bout that." Kikya chuckled blushing. Looking up he almost let out a squeak when he saw how tall the orc was compared to him. He was intimidating. Kikya however wouldn't let that stop him from being friendly. After all outside appearances are usually wrong. "I probably should start paying attention to whats around me when I'm walking."

Briny nodded at the orc's words, she was impressed by the orc's strength. Killing a kraken on a ship is very challenging. She was about to commend him when a scrawny boy bumps into him. Briny looked at the kid she recognized that he is a merman and sighed. She didn't mind her fellow mer-folk, but meeting them on land irritated her to no end. She crossed her arms and glared down at them "yes you do. If you're new to land you should be weary of your surroundings."

Kikya's blush deepened and he looked at the ground. He was emberrased knowing the mermaids words were true. Bowing his head he spoke." I am sorry. I was lost in thought and acted foolishly. It is really quit embarrassing."

Briny sighed and looked away rolling her eyes. She looked back down at the boy "there is no need to bow your head, or apologize. You are of the sea, keep your head up and be proud. Simply be wary of your surroundings, there are many dangerous people on land." She knew all to well the dangers of the land, her sister was captured, skinned and eaten by humans. At least that is what she was told, who knows what the truth is. It took her a long time to trust the few humans she know, even then she does not trust them fully.

Akimu swore his blush went to the tip of his ears as he did as advised. Looking at the mermaid something she said or more like the way she said it alarmed him and made him curious." I was told of the dangers but have not yet experienced them. I guess I must have let my guard down without realizing it. Thank you for your advice I shall strive to follow it from now on. "

He chuckled as he watched the conversation between the two. "If you mean by danger are the humans, believe me, those are the least of your problems." He said to both of them. "So, Ms. Stillwater, if it's not such of a big deal, I would like to offer my services to you." He said to the mermaid.

Kikya used the turn of conversation as a way out. Mumbling a quit goodbye he turned and began to walk away intending to get far away from the embarrassing conversation but was distracted by a flash of shiny silver out of the corner of his eye. Turning he found a merchant selling daggers nearby and interest sparked went to investigate. Soon he found himself inspecting several daggers looking for one that caught his interest.

Briny smiled at the boy, "good." She turned to the orc as he proposed a business transaction. Surprised she smiled and looked at the orc "I am intrigued, you are quite the capable warrior. I was planning on investigating further inland, hmm" She nodded "very well, I accept your services. Do you prefer to accept your payments in jewels or coins?"

(sorry arguing with my roommate XP)

His grin grew wider, glad that she accepted it. He was barely even aware that they boy have left them. "I accept payment in any kind, even if it is in a form of items or any currencies." He said to her. "So, where exactly would you like to venture to?" He asked her, his curiosity piqued.

CrimsonEclipse said:
His grin grew wider, glad that she accepted it. He was barely even aware that they boy have left them. "I accept payment in any kind, even if it is in a form of items or any currencies." He said to her. "So, where exactly would you like to venture to?" He asked her, his curiosity piqued.
Briny looked at him and nodded. Then she pulled out her map and looked at the blank inland areas. She thought for a moment and pointed to the jungle area on a island. "Here. The jungle islands of the Zaraank. However we will need a ship to get there." She pondered for a moment "there must be a ship somewhere we can board."

@SirDerpingtonIV @Isabella @kevinhdobson

@CrimsonEclipse

"Hm I guess the captain must be busy" shrugging her shoulders she headed over to the edge of the ship. She looked out over the sea, and wondered why the hadn't seen a piece of land in ages. Umiko decided it was time to take matters into her own hands.

She dashed back to her cabin, grabbing her bag and a water proof map. Flinging the bag over he shoulder she ran out of her cabin. "I'll be back before sundown" she smiled as she ran last Kevin. With one hop she flew off the side of the boat and transformed back into a mermaid.

Entering the water she put her clothes into her bag and pulled out her map. Thankfully Umiko had swam these seas many times and knew how to figure out her location. "Hmm lets see? Ah I'll head to the jungle islands of Zaraank, since I haven't been there since I was a little guppy" smiling Umiko stiffed the map into her bag and swam towards the island.

She made it there in record time, popping out of the water she swam towards the shore. She had forgotten how nice the water had felt on her scales. Pulling herself onto a rock near the shore she turned back into a human. She reached into her bag, pulling out her dress and puts it on. Umiko hops from rock to rock until she reaches the shores. "Hello is anyone here!? She shouts into the distance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Angelic Princess

She receives no answer. The island she is on contains two seperate clans, the Kukulkan, and the Chaak. It is quite a large place. However, she is quite near to the Kukulkan village.

To protect themselves from outsiders, (Particularly humans and elves, who find them repulsive,) the Zaraank Shamans have made special totems over the last couple years, made of blue coral, found right off the beach, easily accessible for anyone who can swim. These coral have been covered in runes and enchantments, that cause them to send a signal to the Clan's Shaman anytime something approaches them, giving details on the number and species of the approaching being. However, they have been made to ignore local animals.

Umiko seemed to be standing right near one.

Meanwhile, in the Kukulkan village, one of the Shaman ran in, from his small village between the two clans, approaching Jiram. "Kukulkan Jiram!" the Shaman called, "A human has been spotted on our shores, what do you suggest we do?"

Jiram turned, looking at the Shaman, who was decorated in animal skulls and purple painted runes. "If there is one human, there are more," he stated, "I shall send a Terradon Rider to keep an eye on this human, and send two of my Jiraptor Riders, just incase more show up." Jiram has a reason to react this severely. 2 Months ago, a small pirate vessel had landed on his shores. He had recieved them warmly, attempting to be calm and polite, before the pirates whipped out their guns and attempted to kill him. Too bad for them, he had been ready for this sort of thing, and the Ziodon was upon them before they could scream. He had broken their guns afterwords, as guns were a coward's weapon.

Soon, Umiko could see a Terradon, circling overhead.

"What are you doing," Kevin asked standing behind Umiko. Smiling at her gently, he had easily caught up to her using his powers. Waiting for an answer he said, "I wonder what the locals are like."

He looked at the map. "Zaraank? Isn't that where those lizard men are?" He asked, having heard of that island before. "What do you intend to do in there? Study the locals? A hidden treasure? An ancient artifact? Or do you just want to date a lizard guy?" He asked her.

Briny laughed coldly "ha ha, very funny, I hope I'm not paying for that humor." She shook her head "no, lizard husbands for me. I am a map maker, we are going to survey the area and map out ever inch of it. I was planning on postponing it since it's quite a dangerous place. However," she smiled up at him, and sarcastically batted her eyelashes. "Now that I have a strong protector I think it's the perfect place to go."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back