TV & Film Fans of The Untamed or MDZS/ Master of Diabolism (etc.)

Jiang Cheng is the boss. And his actor is the boss. They are like a two-in-one boss. I love them.

Wow I can't believe Xiao Zhan was filming Untamed AND another drama at the same time? The work ethic! I hope he found time to eat and sleep.

Subtitles like that used to bother me a bit at first, but I understand why they do it, and I agree with it. They want the dialogue to feel natural to the English speaking audience, and we don't tend to call our brothers and sisters "older sister" "second brother" and so on and so on, we use names. So the translators used names. It's about making it accessible to an audience who don't have knowledge about cultural conventions. It happens in anime all the time too. I feel like if you want to know what they are literally saying, you can look it up.

When you get subtitles in Eternal Love like "She's the female king" then that bothers me. XD

Also welcome to our nerd thread Soot Soot !

Jiang Cheng is the boss. And his actor is the boss. They are like a two-in-one boss. I love them.

Wow I can't believe Xiao Zhan was filming Untamed AND another drama at the same time? The work ethic! I hope he found time to eat and sleep.

Subtitles like that used to bother me a bit at first, but I understand why they do it, and I agree with it. They want the dialogue to feel natural to the English speaking audience, and we don't tend to call our brothers and sisters "older sister" "second brother" and so on and so on, we use names. So the translators used names. It's about making it accessible to an audience who don't have knowledge about cultural conventions. It happens in anime all the time too. I feel like if you want to know what they are literally saying, you can look it up.

When you get subtitles in Eternal Love like "She's the female king" then that bothers me. XD

Also welcome to our nerd thread Soot Soot !

Double boss. And don't get me started on how beautiful Zidian is.

I really appreciate Netflix translation, ngl, because I wouldn't have gotten into the series otherwise. And it's not like it's 100% bad no good horrible because I wouldn't have understood it if that's the case lol. I still think it could've been better though. It wouldn't feel too out of place to, say, have Jin Ling called Jiang Cheng "uncle" instead of "Jiang Cheng", or have Lan Wangji called Lan Xichen "brother" instead of "Xichen". I would argue that anime does do this to some extent, especially in dubs -- for example, oneesan= sister/big sis; obaasan=old woman/grandmother; oyaji=old man/father. They tend to keep sensei as is though. But hey, I do agree with the point about accessibility & cultural conventions -- it is pretty intimidating to figure out exactly how they refer to each other, and that could be an alienating element to a wider audience. I think I'm getting a bit carried away, though, as someone who speaks neither Chinese nor Japanese x)

I was talking about the translation thing in a more nostalgic way -- like, now that I know how they refer to one another (a-jie, shijie, jiujiu, shushu, etc. etc.), there's just a little bit of dissonance (?) when I hear one thing and see another in the subs. It's fun like that.

Female king lol. That sounds awkward.

Thank you! I feel welcomed! I've been hanging around the fanfic crowd so now I'm dipping a little into the rp crowd.

Double boss. And don't get me started on how beautiful Zidian is.

I really appreciate Netflix translation, ngl, because I wouldn't have gotten into the series otherwise. And it's not like it's 100% bad no good horrible because I wouldn't have understood it if that's the case lol. I still think it could've been better though. It wouldn't feel too out of place to, say, have Jin Ling called Jiang Cheng "uncle" instead of "Jiang Cheng", or have Lan Wangji called Lan Xichen "brother" instead of "Xichen". I would argue that anime does do this to some extent, especially in dubs -- for example, oneesan= sister/big sis; obaasan=old woman/grandmother; oyaji=old man/father. They tend to keep sensei as is though. But hey, I do agree with the point about accessibility & cultural conventions -- it is pretty intimidating to figure out exactly how they refer to each other, and that could be an alienating element to a wider audience. I think I'm getting a bit carried away, though, as someone who speaks neither Chinese nor Japanese x)

I was talking about the translation thing in a more nostalgic way -- like, now that I know how they refer to one another (a-jie, shijie, jiujiu, shushu, etc. etc.), there's just a little bit of dissonance (?) when I hear one thing and see another in the subs. It's fun like that.

Female king lol. That sounds awkward.

Thank you! I feel welcomed! I've been hanging around the fanfic crowd so now I'm dipping a little into the rp crowd.

I just wish that they had used "soul mate" instead of "confidant". :/ (I have to retranslate it in my mind when WWX says that.)

Yeah come dip in, the water's lovely. :)

Is it the same one with like, cartoony sounds of swords stabbing the ground, LXC playing terribly flute, and the freaking hilarious background music when JGY stares at LXC? Like the moment the Wen arrived at Cloud Recesses? Because I can play that on loop forever damn.

No. This one was on Twitter and it was just a short clip of Guangyao walking and you hear Squidward's "pfft pfft pfft" footsteps lmao. I tried to look through my browser history but I can't find the Twitter post.

udio drama is really cool! I'm sad I don't have the time for it :((
Lowkey I actually kinda like the Yin iron plot in CQL, because I think the novel's present-past-present-past narration doesn't do it for me (I've tried to read it like 3 times, sadly; someone suggested that I try a different translation so I'm doing that atm). I'm aware of CQL's shortcomings but I'm thankful it got me into MDZS.
I really only watched the extras from the audio drama because they are so cute. And it's a good break from the angst. I actually liked the book too.
The one thing I disliked from the show is that they give Guangyao more bad deeds than he actually had in the novel. He isn't the one who made Wen Ning lose control in Qiongqi path!
And they nuke Wei Wuxian's powers because censorship:(
Also, they take out portions of Guangyao's past.
Spoiler:
such as how WWX uses empathy to see how JGY was mistreated in the brothel he grew up in. And how only one prostitute was somewhat nice to him and that is the prostitute he keeps alive after having the others screw his dad to death. We also find out that the Guanyin temple was built over the brothel he grew up in that burned down. Lastly, the reason why he was digging in there was for his mother's body but someone got to it before he could find it. It's of largely implied that it was NHS lol

I just wish that they had used "soul mate" instead of "confidant". :/ (I have to retranslate it in my mind when WWX says that.)

Yeah come dip in, the water's lovely. :)
This lol. like who are you fooling?? I googled the damn word. People have blog posts and comments on reddit about the word. Just say it how it is, yall. soulmate

If you do get to audio drama, listen to asmr extras lol They put me to sleep every time XD

No. This one was on Twitter and it was just a short clip of Guangyao walking and you hear Squidward's "pfft pfft pfft" footsteps lmao. I tried to look through my browser history but I can't find the Twitter post.

I think I've seen that somewhere too omg. It cracked me up.

The one thing I disliked from the show is that they give Guangyao more bad deeds than he actually had in the novel. He isn't the one who made Wen Ning lose control in Qiongqi path!
Yeah, I'm aware of that. When I was comparing novel verse vs. CQL I thought that JGY was less "evil" and WWX was more than just a wronged individual. Lots of grayness going all around. In my head mdzs is like a hybrid of CQL and novel stuff, I just pick whatever canon element I like lmao. Mostly I follow novel canon events but some characterization I pick CQL. And yeah JGY's past is more complicated than in CQL, though I'd argue that it doesn't excuse his actions. It does play into the themes of reputation & privilege, nurture vs. nature, who's telling your story, etc. etc. that mdzs is very good at conveying though, so I like that about novel JGY.

If you do get to audio drama, listen to asmr extras lol They put me to sleep every time XD
It's hard enough for me to stay awake listening to the regular audio drama lol x) The cast has excellent voices.

I think I've seen that somewhere too omg. It cracked me up.

Yeah, I'm aware of that. When I was comparing novel verse vs. CQL I thought that JGY was less "evil" and WWX was more than just a wronged individual. Lots of grayness going all around. In my head mdzs is like a hybrid of CQL and novel stuff, I just pick whatever canon element I like lmao. Mostly I follow novel canon events but some characterization I pick CQL. And yeah JGY's past is more complicated than in CQL, though I'd argue that it doesn't excuse his actions. It does play into the themes of reputation & privilege, nurture vs. nature, who's telling your story, etc. etc. that mdzs is very good at conveying though, so I like that about novel JGY.

I know my title sounds really sus but I don't write off every single thing JGY does. Hes my favorite character but I know he's done things that just cannot be excused. Although to save your eyes from an essay, I'll say what I've always said in regards to JGY:
Dude's an onion. The more you peel back those layers, the more your eyes start stinging. Onmyoji and I currently have a RP where I play JGY and they know all my reasonings because I've yelled over DMs about it for months lol.
to me, he's not a villain. (And not entirely good either) But then again, mdzs is all about the greys in between. So many things played into creating the JGY we're presented with. Questionable shit.

I clicked this tunneling on the title versus where it was at, thought this was an interest check lol.

Uhm well hi everyone, been a bit but I watched the anime (would you call it an anime?) and I haven't gotten the chance to fully finish the book/manga/text or watch The Untamed, but I enjoyed it having only seen one media type of it's story. I enjoyed the characters and their stories and the art. The grey versus black and white especially is something I enjoy <3 for those that understand.

Annnnndddd I dunno what to say after this lol xD

I know my title sounds really sus but I don't write off every single thing JGY does. Hes my favorite character but I know he's done things that just cannot be excused. Although to save your eyes from an essay, I'll say what I've always said in regards to JGY:
Dude's an onion. The more you peel back those layers, the more your eyes start stinging. Onmyoji and I currently have a RP where I play JGY and they know all my reasonings because I've yelled over DMs about it for months lol.
to me, he's not a villain. (And not entirely good either) But then again, mdzs is all about the greys in between. So many things played into creating the JGY we're presented with. Questionable shit.

Pfff go write all the essays, I'll read them x). And yeah, JGY is definitely not your regular evil take-over-the-world rubbing-hands-while-cackling sort of antagonist. To me it says a lot that the world WWX comes back to is . . . pretty peaceful? Like on the grand scheme of things, everyone's chill? No war, no nefarious schemes going on. Juniors get to go on hunts. Sects get to bicker about minor and petty things (JC & LWJ lmfao). I mean he's still terrible in other ways (I don't have a list of his crimes tho since I don't tend to write his side of the story) but yes, the greys. Everyone's so greyyyyyy. Even Xue Yang is pretty complex for a guy who's supposed to be a psychopath.

He's a villain in the sense that he's NHS's villain, I suppose. But to others, he's not. That's what's fun about it all. Like WWX isn't a quite villain to us, but to the children whose parents were killed by him, he is their villain.

Chimeric Chimeric
I think it's called donghua, but yesssss. Come to the dark side, we have cookies. Cookies and bunnies. And JGY's dimples.

Pfff go write all the essays, I'll read them x). And yeah, JGY is definitely not your regular evil take-over-the-world rubbing-hands-while-cackling sort of antagonist. To me it says a lot that the world WWX comes back to is . . . pretty peaceful? Like on the grand scheme of things, everyone's chill? No war, no nefarious schemes going on. Juniors get to go on hunts. Sects get to bicker about minor and petty things (JC & LWJ lmfao). I mean he's still terrible in other ways (I don't have a list of his crimes tho since I don't tend to write his side of the story) but yes, the greys. Everyone's so greyyyyyy. Even Xue Yang is pretty complex for a guy who's supposed to be a psychopath.

He's a villain in the sense that he's NHS's villain, I suppose. But to others, he's not. That's what's fun about it all. Like WWX isn't a quite villain to us, but to the children whose parents were killed by him, he is their villain.

WEEEE OOO WEEE OOO SPOILERS AHEAD FOR ANYONE LURKING IN THIS THREAD. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK
-------------------
🚨🚨🚨🚨
(sorry just had to put that in lol)

That's part of it. To me, JGY has no interest in taking over the world. That's one part that puts him at odds with the stereotypical villains. And like you described, the world WWX comes back to is pretty peaceful. The thing that really pushes his buttons is his origins. He has worked pretty fucking hard to get where he is, he wanted to be seen as a respected cultivator. But everyone loved going "ewww you have cooties because ur mom's a whore" (bad gist but in simple terms... ya know). And on top of being the illegitimate child of a rich guy who's known to sleep around is pretty notorious.

I mean, for one thing, he grew up in a place where no child should ever be raised in. And I believe that his upbringing was part of the reason why he is so good at manipulation and being able to bend things to his advantage because that is what he saw frequently. He learned early on that obscuring your intentions is better than allowing yourself to be at a disadvantage because being at a disadvantage could mean either something bad happening to you or surviving. He's good at making people believe that he's sympathetic to their point of view (and it's canon that his memory is stupidly good, along with being able to pick out important details about a person). All of these skills served him well in being able to keep out of someone's bad side and resolve conflicts. Which is what made him a good sect leader/chief cultivator.

But boy was he anal about appearances. His father is a severe sore spot. Guangshan, I feel like, is the source of all that is messed up about JGY. I swear if this man just.... did not exist we would be looking at a wholllllle different character right now. As much as JGY is good at all the above, it came from a pretty dark place, and easily became twisted by his desire for JGS to see him as a son worthy of love. JGY's outburst in the temple about it pretty much solidifies that his sore spot was the relationship between him and his father..
“Why is it that even though we were born on the same day, Jin GuangShan could host a grand banquet for one son, and watch with his own eyes how his subordinate kicked his other son down Koi Tower, from the first stair to the last!”

His excuses are usually "i had no choice" (seriously, he mentions this a lot) but really, he believed, in his mind, that he had no choice in what he had to do. Sort of like "the ends justify the means"
But oh boy oh boy. That moment when he realizes... Guangshan's just using me for his own ends, he doesn't give a shit about me... and probably never will.

I think that's the moment where something really did snap in his head. But he was really too far in this whole mess to back away from what he'd done. (Killing Mingjue, all the spooky DC shit he did with Xue Yang) and now as Chief Cultivator/Sect leader, he can't wash his hands of all the blood because despite his high position, he needs to keep that position. Folks say one thing to his face but say another when he's not around, you can bet your ass about that. so it's like.... he has to keep up appearances and what people expect of him and all that because him being a recognized son does not automatically grant him some mystical protection from people wanting to overthrow him or see him disgraced. Especially those types of folks who think they're so much better because they were born rich and think that he's no better than where he came from.

I really think that he just did not see another way of dealing with things besides the methods he's been using since who knows when. Manipulation, blackmail, and if that doesn't work.... *scissor hand gestures*
but tell me, how long can you justify actions like the ones JGY has taken by saying "I had no choice"?

Exactly.

And he's quite cruel to those that get on his bad side, imo. (Look at how he kills that Nie guy who talked shit about him then automatically turns on the waterworks when he sees NMJ in CQL. Another detail I liked was when the same guy in a flashback tries to rough him up but then afterwards the smile he had drops like butter from his face and he literally wipes his clothes where the guy touched him. Bruh)

I just wish that I could have like.... climbed into the book and shook him by the shoulders like... stop with the ends justify the means shit!!! You're sabotaging yourself gaaadaaamnit

anyway, I know this is long and messy but I'm essentially dumping a string of thoughts that are vaguely coherent because I'm hungry and typing on phone so RIP my fingers. So imma stop here. I didn't get into the Qin Su/Rusong and the Really Really Confusing Debate of "Hmm. Did Jin Guangyao smother his own toddler or did he just let the poor baby get killed?"
Because the man just did not help his own case by being so goddamn cryptic in answering that question. (And this is already really lengthy)

this will be extra long if I get into how Xichen ties into all this mess. That is a whole nother essay. And the xiyao was really vibing in CQL which did not help lmao.

I clicked this tunneling on the title versus where it was at, thought this was an interest check lol.

Uhm well hi everyone, been a bit but I watched the anime (would you call it an anime?) and I haven't gotten the chance to fully finish the book/manga/text or watch The Untamed, but I enjoyed it having only seen one media type of it's story. I enjoyed the characters and their stories and the art. The grey versus black and white especially is something I enjoy <3 for those that understand.

Annnnndddd I dunno what to say after this lol xD

Welcome to the Rabbithole!
Obligatory gif:
ba5da936c9269c530804fe013f79f676.gif

It is a great story. Though unfortunately I didn't finish the donghua (that's the word you're looking for!). I have read the book and finished the live action and listened to some of the audio drama. It's been months.... I'm still knee deep in this Fandom lmfao.
But yes, really great example of greys as opposed to black and white.

Reid Reid Damn you really wrote an essay huh x) At this rate you might actually make me like him lol. All the daddy issues in this series I swear. It feels like JGY is digging himself a hole because of JGS, but he doesn't stop or doesn't know how to stop, and then keeps on going in that trajectory. I fully blame JGS for the whole Qin Su marriage tbh, because what JGY did is pretty logical all in all. The Jin Rusong thing is very -handwavy- because we don't have a clear answer in the end, as expected from someone whose words can be interpret in a variety of ways. Boy needs some good old validation. Funnily enough, what he did may have end up solidifying his """dirtiness""" as a whore's son, because like, people would just think: Hey, look at that dude. He's the chief cultivator but he still does these insidious things. He killed the man who took him into a good family. Must be because his mom works in a brothel. Must be because his blood is dirty/tainted.

That makes me feel bad.

Reid Reid Damn you really wrote an essay huh x) At this rate you might actually make me like him lol. All the daddy issues in this series I swear. It feels like JGY is digging himself a hole because of JGS, but he doesn't stop or doesn't know how to stop, and then keeps on going in that trajectory. I fully blame JGS for the whole Qin Su marriage tbh, because what JGY did is pretty logical all in all. The Jin Rusong thing is very -handwavy- because we don't have a clear answer in the end, as expected from someone whose words can be interpret in a variety of ways. Boy needs some good old validation. Funnily enough, what he did may have end up solidifying his """dirtiness""" as a whore's son, because like, people would just think: Hey, look at that dude. He's the chief cultivator but he still does these insidious things. He killed the man who took him into a good family. Must be because his mom works in a brothel. Must be because his blood is dirty/tainted.

That makes me feel bad.

Hehe.

Right. And also, in the book, JGY and Qin Su well.... um.
Anyway, she gets pregnant before they're married, he didn't know she was his half sibling at this point. However, QS's mother came to him and begged him not to go through with the marriage because guangshan raped her and Qin su is actually jgs's daughter
However, JGY went through with the marriage anyway because he couldn't just drop her out of nowhere. That'll be seen as an insult on top of QS being pregnant already. But we know that after that they were pretty much married in name only.

Right. All that scrambling to be seen as better than where he came from bit him in the ass because after his death folks went "yup. See? This is what happens when you validate one of those."

Anyway, she gets pregnant before they're married, he didn't know she was his half sibling at this point. However, QS's mother came to him and begged him not to go through with the marriage because guangshan raped her and Qin su is actually jgs's daughter

Oof, yeah, I know about this. I was like, this has got to be one of the the shittiest things to have ever happened, and it could've have happened to a worse person. JGY's in no position to jeopardize the status he's been so carefully cultivating, and he definitely wouldn't survive the scandal. I think I've read a fic where JGY happened to spill this secret to 3zun and everything changes because of that. It has a pretty nice redemption fic.

Right. All that scrambling to be seen as better than where he came from bit him in the ass because after his death folks went "yup. See? This is what happens when you validate one of those."

He could never escape his origins. Sad days for dimple-boy.

Oof, yeah, I know about this. I was like, this has got to be one of the the shittiest things to have ever happened, and it could've have happened to a worse person. JGY's in no position to jeopardize the status he's been so carefully cultivating, and he definitely wouldn't survive the scandal. I think I've read a fic where JGY happened to spill this secret to 3zun and everything changes because of that. It has a pretty nice redemption fic.

Yeah. Like. Fuck. Just.... fucking hell. And I'll imagine Qin Su found out about that piece of info in the anon letter. It's not a fun time for anyone involved. Guangshan could go rot in hell tbh

Ooooooh. Happen to have a link? That seems interesting!

e could never escape his origins. Sad days for dimple-boy.
I can't help but think of Meng Shi. From what little we know of her, she wanted JGY to succeed in life. She used whatever money she had to buy him books on cultivation and such. She was mocked for making jgy learn how to read and write and learn some other stuff too can't remember.
And then she fucking died because Guangshan is an absolute piece of human garbage who kicked his own son down the stairs when he asked for his help when Meng Shi was dying of an unknown illness.
He even says that he could have bought her freedom but he didn't want to because smart women are too much of a problem. Like... fuck you, dude. Just fuck you.

Anyway, I'm gonna go back to watching cql lol. (Right on the scene where LSZ and WN have that cute moment in the docks... when WN goes "you look like one of my distant relatives" ;__;

Reid Reid
^ that's the one I was talking about.

There's also a different one where time-traveled JGY is forced to redeem himself (and other antagonists in Scum Villain & TGCF) that is also pretty good imo. Although for this one you do need some knowledge of the other MXTX books to really enjoy it -> link: Heaven's Grandmaster of Self-Saving - Hamliet - Multifandom [Archive of Our Own]

Meng Shi knows her stuff I'll tell you that. She was right to teach JGY how to read and write, because education is vital if you want to succeed/move up in society. I dislike how the majority of female characters are killed off in the novel :( I thought CQL did a better job on that front in some ways. Gosh now I'm trying to remember how many fics I read that have someone save Meng Shi. There was a Jiang Cheng time travel fic that touches on that, but it's not JGY-focused.

That moment in the docks makes me CRY because JIN LINGGGGG AAHHHH

Reid Reid
^ that's the one I was talking about.

There's also a different one where time-traveled JGY is forced to redeem himself (and other antagonists in Scum Villain & TGCF) that is also pretty good imo. Although for this one you do need some knowledge of the other MXTX books to really enjoy it -> link: Heaven's Grandmaster of Self-Saving - Hamliet - Multifandom [Archive of Our Own]

Meng Shi knows her stuff I'll tell you that. She was right to teach JGY how to read and write, because education is vital if you want to succeed/move up in society. I dislike how the majority of female characters are killed off in the novel :( I thought CQL did a better job on that front in some ways. Gosh now I'm trying to remember how many fics I read that have someone save Meng Shi. There was a Jiang Cheng time travel fic that touches on that, but it's not JGY-focused.

That moment in the docks makes me CRY because JIN LINGGGGG AAHHHH

I'm reading Scumbag right now but I'm not too far in. TGCF.... Nowhere near starting lol. But thank you for the links!!

Right. She knew what she was doing. The only thing that makes me sad is that they probably didn't have the money to live somewhat respectively (plus it's kind of implied in the book that she's... kind of a well known prostitute so... knowing how this society already treats people like JGY, I doubt folks would have wanted to hire her in a job that doesn't involve sex work) so jgy had to be raised in that type of damaging environment.
Oh yeah, book kind of just went "females exist. Yup. That is all."
Like, Yanli is supposed to be the treasure of the Yunmeng bros. Their everything. But she was barely in the book enough to make me feel that way. While in the show, it really did hurt when she died lol.

I knowwwwwwww. And JC coming out of the boat like: who's legs do i have to break today??!!

I'm reading Scumbag right now but I'm not too far in. TGCF.... Nowhere near starting lol. But thank you for the links!!

Right. She knew what she was doing. The only thing that makes me sad is that they probably didn't have the money to live somewhat respectively (plus it's kind of implied in the book that she's... kind of a well known prostitute so... knowing how this society already treats people like JGY, I doubt folks would have wanted to hire her in a job that doesn't involve sex work) so jgy had to be raised in that type of damaging environment.
Oh yeah, book kind of just went "females exist. Yup. That is all."
Like, Yanli is supposed to be the treasure of the Yunmeng bros. Their everything. But she was barely in the book enough to make me feel that way. While in the show, it really did hurt when she died lol.

I knowwwwwwww. And JC coming out of the boat like: who's legs do i have to break today??!!

You know, the fact that she's well-known could also be interpreted as "Meng Shi tries to be the best at what she's doing to provide for her son." JGS did say she was smart. I have a friend who didn't like JYL too much as a character, but then I thought, well, at least she appeared in CQL frequently enough to be disliked, as opposed to in the novel x)

I friggin LOVE Jiang Cheng. He's the GOODEST uncle , sorry not sorry Jin Guangyao :P.I love that he's all talk when it comes to punishing Jin Ling lol, he can break all the legs but never Jin Ling's

You know, the fact that she's well-known could also be interpreted as "Meng Shi tries to be the best at what she's doing to provide for her son." JGS did say she was smart. I have a friend who didn't like JYL too much as a character, but then I thought, well, at least she appeared in CQL frequently enough to be disliked, as opposed to in the novel x)

I friggin LOVE Jiang Cheng. He's the GOODEST uncle , sorry not sorry Jin Guangyao :P.I love that he's all talk when it comes to punishing Jin Ling lol, he can break all the legs but never Jin Ling's

That makes sense tbh.

Buahaha fair enough. I liked Yanli. I mean, she's alright.

JC best uncle indeed xD. He's so overprotective, I love it. I just wish that he wasn't so emotionally constipated sometimes though.
XDD it got to the point where JL doesn't even look fazed when JC tells him he's gonna break his legs.
"Yeah yeah, ok. You've said that 4000 times but never do."

That makes sense tbh.

Buahaha fair enough. I liked Yanli. I mean, she's alright.

JC best uncle indeed xD. He's so overprotective, I love it. I just wish that he wasn't so emotionally constipated sometimes though.
XDD it got to the point where JL doesn't even look fazed when JC tells him he's gonna break his legs.
"Yeah yeah, ok. You've said that 4000 times but never do."

I'm just imagining one day, an older JL gets upset and he just stuck out his leg to JC and said, Here's my damn leg, go break it then!! And JC was like, damn, top 10 Anime Betrayals, I cannot believe my own nephew would call me out like this.

I'm just imagining one day, an older JL gets upset and he just stuck out his leg to JC and said, Here's my damn leg, go break it then!! And JC was like, damn, top 10 Anime Betrayals, I cannot believe my own nephew would call me out like this.

🤣🤣🤣I'm fucking howling lmfao because that seems exactly like something JL would do. I swear to god he's so much like JC in temperament it's obvious where JL spent the majority of his early childhood xD.

also, this scene... when everyone finds out JGY's dirty laundry... I....

sect leader Yao needs to shut the fuck up lol. He's like "I knew he was bad from the beginning! Hoho ho!" Bruh, how fast the tables turn....

🤣🤣🤣I'm fucking howling lmfao because that seems exactly like something JL would do. I swear to god he's so much like JC in temperament it's obvious where JL spent the majority of his early childhood xD.

also, this scene... when everyone finds out JGY's dirty laundry... I....

sect leader Yao needs to shut the fuck up lol. He's like "I knew he was bad from the beginning! Hoho ho!" Bruh, how fast the tables turn....

Right?? I was reading the novel and there was a scene where during the fairy statue arc, Jin Ling says something along the line of basically buddhas and gods are too busy to care about regular people, and I suddenly think, this sounds like something Jiang Cheng, who has lost his sect and his entire family and who has rebuilt everything by his own hands, would say, hmmm.

sect leader Yao is like UGGGHHHH shut up man 🙄. I love how efficient Jiang Cheng is tho. He's so ... sect-leadery

Users who are viewing this thread

Back