TV & Film Fans of The Untamed or MDZS/ Master of Diabolism (etc.)

Commenting in hopes that seeing this on the first page might catch another fan's eye here. Also, yall two already know my feelings over jgy so I'm gonna be🙊
But one thing I loved in Fatal Journey was that sneaky ass last scene where Huaisang bows to Guangyao when he comes into his room after nmj's funeral. If looks could kill. Oof jesus!! And rewatching the series a second time definately had me eyeballing every interaction nhs has with jgy in the present/after nmj's death

just gonna plop this here

I could not finish Fatal Journey, I'm sorry. Even with Handsome Mr. Nie and his manly moustache ... it was just .... well it felt like watching anime filler episodes.

I decided to just go watch the main series again. XD And yeah I know what you mean, you gotta keep an eye on that boy.

I could not finish Fatal Journey, I'm sorry. Even with Handsome Mr. Nie and his manly moustache ... it was just .... well it felt like watching anime filler episodes.

I decided to just go watch the main series again. XD And yeah I know what you mean, you gotta keep an eye on that boy.

The part where they fight in the ancestral hall made me almost choke with laughter because it caught me so off guard! Why didn't the QingheNies unleash that type of shit in the main series then lmfao

So nice to see the thread active again *lurks*

I still have yet to watch the two movies despite getting a chinese app just to watch them and now it sends me spammy notifs and I still didn't watch XD But I watched them through tumblr gifs.. lol

I still have yet to watch the two movies despite getting a chinese app just to watch them and now it sends me spammy notifs and I still didn't watch XD But I watched them through tumblr gifs.. lol

i can't like... Not talk about mdzs lol. I look at a lot of memes too on Pinterest. A lot of them are in Spanish tho

you can also watch it on Viki with eng sub too though.

Dramacool has them with English subs.

I got the legit Chinese app but I could not work out how to use it ... :/ So I had to turn to piracy.

Dramacool has them with English subs.

I got the legit Chinese app but I could not work out how to use it ... :/ So I had to turn to piracy.

See my comment above. Viki has both movies and it's a legit app/site so you don't have to go to sketchy websites haha.

Looks like we cross posted and I totally missed that the first time around. I'll give it a try! :)

Oops. Well, no harm done. I use viki when I can't find dramas I want to watch on netflix.

I'll bring my reply here instead to continue the thought.

I don't see why it's an unpopular pairing, it is practically canon after all. Or possibly is canon - kinda hard to tell.
It's canon but not romantic. Not the same way as the main ship. But it's a very strong platonic ship, even the author admitted.

I think it's only unpopular in comparison to the main. Anything is unpopular compared to the main ship tbh, the main ship just steals the show lol

So shall we talk about Xichen and Jin Guangyao...?

I feel like this ship (platonic or romantic) is telegraphed a long way in the show and seems canon to me. Personally I feel like if it is romantic like the main ship, then it serves a better narrative purpose. These two are the mirror for LWJ/WWX. They are what would have happened if WWX had turned out to be evil. Both the Lan bros put their trust in someone outside the clan who they believed in completely. One of them misplaced it.

I just love how this causes LXC all sorts of inner turmoil towards the end of the series and how LWJ & WWX have to treat him gently because they know that "there but for the grace of god go I". I think I already talked Serenity's ear off about this in PMs lol but it's worth mentioning.

As far as the fans go, Reid Reid IMO fans spoil a fandom. Just like what you like and enjoy it with friends if you can and try not to go near those places where the stupid arguments happen. Haters gonna hate.

Also has anyone noticed how cute the actor playing Jin Guangyao is? X3 Those dimples. (The hat kind of detracts if you ask me... XD)

I'll bring my reply here instead to continue the thought.

It's canon but not romantic. Not the same way as the main ship. But it's a very strong platonic ship, even the author admitted.

I think it's only unpopular in comparison to the main. Anything is unpopular compared to the main ship tbh, the main ship just steals the show lol

The main ship is amazing and deserves to steal it. It's perfect.

The Lans have the worst luck in the universe when it comes to love. Maybe their founding ancestor knew her descendents were gonna be acting up so that's why they have so many rules lol. I'm still incredibly iffy about the Lan siblings parents. Their story is just freaking weird as fuck with so many holes! Anyway, yes I do see it as a dark mirror of Wangxian too. I mean, imagine if WWX had been the one left out on the streets? JGY and WWX probably grew up in the same area. Yunping is in YunmengJiang territory. It's like... hnnngggg what ifffff.

Except, they're trying to crowd our space. Why go onto a tag of a ship you hate? Especially on ao3, you can filter out ship tags you don't like. They're leaving hateful comments on any xiyao fic for no other reason than to be spiteful. I even recieved one on my oneshot. It was quite funny. They're picking at straws now lol.

feel like this ship (platonic or romantic) is telegraphed a long way in the show and seems canon to me. Personally I feel like if it is romantic like the main ship, then it serves a better narrative purpose. These two are the mirror for LWJ/WWX. They are what would have happened if WWX had turned out to be evil. Both the Lan bros put their trust in someone outside the clan who they believed in completely. One of them misplaced it.
Yes, it definitely serves like a foil to the main ship.

I pretty much stand by what the author intended it to be. It's not the same way WangXian is, but they have very strong connection and it's definitely a bromance, just without physical attraction.

I just love how this causes LXC all sorts of inner turmoil towards the end of the series and how LWJ & WWX have to treat him gently because they know that "there but for the grace of god go I". I think I already talked Serenity's ear off about this in PMs lol but it's worth mentioning.
I'm now doing a rewatch of CQL and just going through those episodes when they dump the info on LXC. Indeed they're careful. Although LWJ looks like "OMG bro wake up" and yet he gives him room to make decisions for himself.

IMO fans spoil a fandom. Just like what you like and enjoy it with friends if you can and try not to go near those places where the stupid arguments happen. Haters gonna hate.
Sadly, yes. Just look at the whole Xiao Zhan controversy that happened in China. Fans are weird.

Also has anyone noticed how cute the actor playing Jin Guangyao is? X3 Those dimples. (The hat kind of detracts if you ask me... XD)
YES

The main ship is amazing and deserves to steal it. It's perfect.
another YES

I forgot to reply to this because I was so fired up in my rant but yes. Zhu Zanjin is like.... The literal opposite of Guangyao and he always seems to pick out the best style of clothes to wear in interviews like.... Bro. How? ;_;
I watched a vid of him reacting to Fatal Journey and he was sad about it but me while watching like:
but if guangyao didn't do any of his spooky meddling, none of this would have happened xD

I pretty much stand by what the author intended it to be. It's not the same way WangXian is, but they have very strong connection and it's definitely a bromance, just without physical attraction.

I'm good with it either way. I don't think the attraction matters as much as the bond they have. (But some of those looks LXC gives JGY in the drama... I mean...there's some ambiguity there notwithstanding the author's intention.)

I'm now doing a rewatch of CQL and just going through those episodes when they dump the info on LXC. Indeed they're careful. Although LWJ looks like "OMG bro wake up" and yet he gives him room to make decisions for himself.

YES ... LWJ's eye acting conveys so much. And also, it's good to see WWX being mature about it - shows his growth from when he was younger.

Sadly, yes. Just look at the whole Xiao Zhan controversy that happened in China. Fans are weird.

What ... was that?

The Lans have the worst luck in the universe when it comes to love. Maybe their founding ancestor knew her descendents were gonna be acting up so that's why they have so many rules lol. I'm still incredibly iffy about the Lan siblings parents. Their story is just freaking weird as fuck with so many holes! Anyway, yes I do see it as a dark mirror of Wangxian too. I mean, imagine if WWX had been the one left out on the streets? JGY and WWX probably grew up in the same area. Yunping is in YunmengJiang territory. It's like... hnnngggg what ifffff.

Except, they're trying to crowd our space. Why go onto a tag of a ship you hate? Especially on ao3, you can filter out ship tags you don't like. They're leaving hateful comments on any xiyao fic for no other reason than to be spiteful. I even recieved one on my oneshot. It was quite funny. They're picking at straws now lol.

Maybe the bad luck in love is because they are raised strictly and in single sex dorms. They end up completely naive about the ways of the world. Too much sheltering.

Yeah idk they are just sad, stupid people who lack maturity.

I forgot to reply to this because I was so fired up in my rant but yes. Zhu Zanjin is like.... The literal opposite of Guangyao and he always seems to pick out the best style of clothes to wear in interviews like.... Bro. How? ;_;
I watched a vid of him reacting to Fatal Journey and he was sad about it but me while watching like:
but if guangyao didn't do any of his spooky meddling, none of this would have happened xD

Also the actor playing Jiang Cheng (I forgot his name, sorry bro) is so cute and adorkable IRL. I think they both did a great job portraying characters who are very different to themselves.

What ... was that?

Oh boy where do we start? Long story short, someone made a fic on ao3 of Yizhan (yibo/xiao zhan) where XZ was a cross dresser or something idk and it got attention and someone must have reported it, thus getting Ao3 banned in China because of obvious reasons. People got mad, needed a scapegoat.... And chose poor XZ who has 0 control over what people post online like wtf?? And they wanted him to make a statement about it?? Like he doesn't need to apologize if he did nothing wrong. So now folks have been trying to sabotage him for months, boycotting his brand deals, etc. Giving CQL a bad rating on their sites, stuff like that. Very brutal.

Yeah the repression led to some... Interesting stuff

Also the actor playing Jiang Cheng (I forgot his name, sorry bro) is so cute and adorkable IRL. I think they both did a great job portraying characters who are very different to themselves.

Wang Zhoucheng! (Can you tell that CQL has taken over my life lol) yeah when I saw an interview with him he looked so.... So.... Young?? Like wtf. He's only in his early 20s?? I was shocked because as JC he looks the proper bitter middle aged man.

I'm good with it either way. I don't think the attraction matters as much as the bond they have. (But some of those looks LXC gives JGY in the drama... I mean...there's some ambiguity there notwithstanding the author's intention.)
I agree. The bond matters and they surely have it. LXC even told LWJ like "You have WWX to trust and I have JGY".

There was some interview with the author and interviewer was clearly hinting at XiYao ship and the author said something like "I didn't intend it to be a romantic ship. If it came out this way I need to improve my writing. But LXC is really the light of his life".

I mean, CQL also hinted at something though. lol Either works, really.

YES ... LWJ's eye acting conveys so much. And also, it's good to see WWX being mature about it - shows his growth from when he was younger.
Yes definitely. Although if LWJ at 30 would act like LWJ at 16 I'd have some questions about character development.

Anyway Serenity already explained what happened with Xiao Zhan. Pretty much that. Fans are weird.

Wang Zhoucheng! (Can you tell that CQL has taken over my life lol) yeah when I saw an interview with him he looked so.... So.... Young?? Like wtf. He's only in his early 20s?? I was shocked because as JC he looks the proper bitter middle aged man.
I think he was one of the youngest in the main cast.

Yes definitely. Although if LWJ at 30 would act like LWJ at 16 I'd have some questions about character development
The way Wangji looks at WWX after his ressurection is nothing short of ";_; I'm just glad to have you back... Please love me" (generalization but ya get the gist) and he isn't as bothered by WWX's teasing antics anymore because he's older, has gone through grief and had a lot of time to think about how he felt about WWX.

I think he was one of the youngest in the main cast.
Hmmm.... Really? I thought the Juniors cast were younger.

That stuff about Xiao Zhan is messed up. wtf seriously. Why would people blame him for it?

It's also extremely weird to write fanfiction of real people imo. But that's a whole other can of worms.

Hmmm.... Really? I thought the Juniors cast were younger.

Sizhui's actor is the same age as Wang Yibo. That blew my mind a little bit. XD

That stuff about Xiao Zhan is messed up. wtf seriously. Why would people blame him for it?

It's also extremely weird to write fanfiction of real people imo. But that's a whole other can of worms.

I dunno man, it is a bizarre situation. You can google it if you want to know the specifics.

Yeah, I know. I prefer keeping it to fictional characters.

Sizhui's actor is the same age as Wang Yibo. That blew my mind a little bit. XD

xDD exactly. He's supposed to be his dad lol.
I'm closer in age to the Juniors cast though so it didn't feel... Weird in regards to the characters they play.

There are even Youtube videos explaining this in more detail. And it's seriously messed up. Like when people started to give low ratings to Xiao Zhan's series including CQL.

Yeah I could never understand real person fiction. I can get historical figures fiction because those people existed long ago and are already romanticized by now, but about contemporary people who you can literally see life of. Idk. I don't judge but that's just not my thing.

Yeah I could never understand real person fiction. I can get historical figures fiction because those people existed long ago and are already romanticized by now, but about contemporary people who you can literally see life of. Idk. I don't judge but that's just not my thing.

I judge, and I find it to be morally dubious. The sentence is to be told to stop doing it because it's weird. 👩‍⚖️

Some authors don't even like to see fanfiction about their characters, so...
But I agree on morally dubious thing.

xDD exactly. He's supposed to be his dad lol.
lololol Well I still can't get over the smol Yibo as adult LWJ despite that I love his acting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back