TV & Film Fans of The Untamed or MDZS/ Master of Diabolism (etc.)

Yeah, probably PM if you're interested lol I'm not too confident yet to share with a lot of people ^^

THE DONGHUA IS AMAZING. I could gush about the animation for hours. It's so beautiful and seamless. I would say the fight scenes are as good at TKRB Katsugeki or a step below that.

& Onmyoji Onmyoji haha don't sweat it!

I started with the donghua so it'll always have a special place in my heart. Animation is beautiful.
Some people don't like LWJ design in the donghua but I don't agree. It's close enough to what was described in the novel.

I agree LOL but LJW in the donghua made me have high expectations for live action LWJ. I love Yibo but he's smol compared to LJW in the novel/donghua.

ikr Yibo did amazing acting but he is too smol and I can't get over that fact, I was too used to big LWJ image XD

There was that cute photo where Yibo was standing on his toes to look tall enough XD Somehow I think a lot of closeup shots were done that way when they were standing together lol

Ahh... I started with the live action so Yibo is Lan Zhan to me. I just love his eye acting. XD says nothing, makes no facial expressions, you still know exactly what he's thinking and feeling! Maybe they could have given him a Tom Cruise box to stand on? XD

I'm enjoying the donghua a lot too. :)

They gave him a huge hair decoration at least XD
But yeah his eyes say all. That's definitely what you'd expect of LWJ. even if he is a smol LWJ he is still a LWJ.

They gave him a huge hair decoration at least XD
But yeah his eyes say all. That's definitely what you'd expect of LWJ. even if he is a smol LWJ he is still a LWJ.

The tall hair with the flashy ornament + giving WWX low hair instead of the ponytail was a much more elegant solution than a Tom Cruise box. And it worked. XD

true XD
Now imagine Tom Cruise with tall hair and huge ornaments.

OK here's my nerd bs:

Wei Wuxian is Chaotic Good, Lan Wangji is Lawful Good. Lan Wangji tolerates WWX chaotic side (even though he doesn’t necessarily approve of it) because he recognises that WWX is also Good.The vast majority of the other dudes, clan leaders, Jiang Cheng etc. are Lawful Neutral (except Wen Ruohan who is Neutral Evil). The clan leaders are prepared to accept WWX help against the Wen clan, because both he and they are fighting against Evil. But ultimately, their Lawful conflicts with WWX’s Chaotic nature and they turn against him. Xue Yang is Chaotic Evil, and is there to provide a counterbalance with WWX’s Chaotic Good, showing the mirror side of the Chaotic alignment. Meng Yao is Lawful Evil, and Lan Xichen is Lawful Good. Their relationship comes from both possessing the Lawful nature, yet the Evil one deceiving the Good one. The other clan leaders accept Meng Yao because he is also Lawful. Because the Lan bros have the same alignment, Lan Xichen is the only one prepared to listen to WWX and LWJ in their denouncement of Meng Yao, and the only one who understands LWJ’s attachment to WWX.

Feel free to add to it or dispute its validity! :)

Haaa
I thought of Xichen more as Lawful Neutral but I do like the duality you pointed out with Meng Yao.

Haaa
I thought of Xichen more as Lawful Neutral but I do like the duality you pointed out with Meng Yao.

I feel like he's willing to go along with the status quo if what the status quo is doing is "good" but is willing to stand against it if it is not. He only doesn't believe LWJ about Yao at first because he's very naive and wants to see the best in people (like typical lawful good XD)

so like, i've only watched the first couple episodes of the untamed (i plan to finish when school is over) but my sister, who has watched it all, recently received a kalimba for her birthday and all she's played for the past week is the untamed ost -- which is absolute chefs kiss. 😛

so like, i've only watched the first couple episodes of the untamed (i plan to finish when school is over) but my sister, who has watched it all, recently received a kalimba for her birthday and all she's played for the past week is the untamed ost -- which is absolute chefs kiss. 😛

For your benefit we will try to remember to spoiler tag everything. :) post here with your thoughts as you go along if you like!

Oh man it would almost be worth having a sibling around if they played the Untamed Ost all day. XD

For your benefit we will try to remember to spoiler tag everything. :) post here with your thoughts as you go along if you like!

Oh man it would almost be worth having a sibling around if they played the Untamed Ost all day. XD
eeep, thank you! i've been watching it rather slowly, so don't hold back, heh.
i heard they were making eng dubbed for it? that might persuade me to watch it faster so i can multitask but i do prefer subbed.

i cracked up at that lmao, it's definitely better than listening to her sing/play into the unknown from frozen u.u

eeep, thank you! i've been watching it rather slowly, so don't hold back, heh.
i heard they were making eng dubbed for it? that might persuade me to watch it faster so i can multitask but i do prefer subbed.

i cracked up at that lmao, it's definitely better than listening to her sing/play into the unknown from frozen u.u

I'd be so interested to see a dubbed version! But I'm so used to their voices that I think it would scare me a little to see them dubbed over into English.

That being said, I hope you enjoy it! I've finally got my fiancé to watch it, and she's officially in the same headspace as I've been for the last 4 weeks. Which is basically me thinking, 'how can I work The Untamed into this conversation??'

Keep us posted as you watch! <3

I'm always a bit suspicious of dubbing when it comes to live action, although in the last year or so I've watched some pretty good dubs of Euro drama (DARK, Jan de Lichte) on Netflix. After a short while dubbing becomes less noticeable. So I'm of the opinion that it can be done well, just most of the time it isn't.

The thing that would trouble me is if the English language dubbing mangled all the character names as happens in pretty much all anime dubs except the super high quality ones like Ghibli.

But I feel like hearing things in their original language is part of the charm of them as long as subtitles are accessible for you.

I fear for the names lol So I'm not very thrilled by that prospect. It may go well but likely won't be. Although I agree it'll make it easier to multitask while watching.

There was a recent English dub for Nirvana in Fire (another Chinese drama that I love). I haven't checked out the dub yet region lock sucks but most fans were disappointed, seeing from the comments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back