• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Fandomronpa [Closed]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Marie - Ultimate Decapitator
Theatre Hallway & Beyond!
HanikamuKitten HanikamuKitten Icee Icee
gimon.png"..?"

Faced with Cater's incredibly strange response to her words, Marie could only stare at him owlishly. At first, her confusion was minor. But as he began to fumble his words and sputter all whilst turning a deep shade of red, it only increased, prompting her to tilt her head pensively. "Mon chéri..?" she repeated, this time in the form of a concerned question, "Are you alright? You're acting strange again." Maybe his movie had bugged him more than he was trying to let on? Or perhaps it was something else? As he finally attained the sense to speak semi-coherent words again, it was revealed that the cause of his short circuiting was apparently something she had said. Except, he was still acting all weird, and she could barely make out what he was whispering behind his hands. The more he talked, the more lost she felt. "It's something... who says?" A pause came and went, before recognition lit her singular visible eye. "Ah, do you mean you have another close friend who calls you this? Is that it?" As per usual, she seemed to have come to her own, totally incorrect conclusion. She supposed that Cater might have had another dear friend that the phrase reminded him of. Momentarily, she worried she might've unintentionally caused him a pang of hurt longing for someone back home with her word choice, but then he went on to mumble something about it being alright and him liking it. She really couldn't keep track of what he was going on about anymore, but she couldn't help but smile, regardless. Confusing as it was, his odd, intense bout of bashfulness was endearing. She was a little concerned again when he hid his face in his hands entirely, but there wasn't much she could do about it before she had to go.

Once she'd finally returned from her film, though, she was at least glad that both boys seemed just a little more lively than they'd been when she'd left. Once Cater grasped her shoulders and she'd regained her senses, she noticed that they both had their focus on her, each expressing their concern and support for her in their own ways. She couldn't help but find herself awestruck, completely unused to this sort of positive affirmation and support. Unused to being cared for. It was... a warm feeling. Something sweet and reassuring that eased her anxiety, if just a little. Part of her was afraid to admit what she'd seen, unsure of just how her friends might take it. So far as she could tell, their own dreams were for lives spent back home with their loved ones. Would they think less of her for longing for something different? Would they dislike the thought of seeing her again once they were free? ...Would they be mad at her, for how desperately she wanted what she'd seen to be real?

Ugh. Such self-derisive thoughts weren't like her. Why did it seem both her heart and her mind had turned upon her so violently in recent times? She knew it must've had to do with her new self-awareness, but even so; it was difficult to fight off such vicious self-consciousness alone. She just felt... dazed. She did her best to snap out of it, though, focusing on the physical sensation of the fabric she'd grasped in her fingers in order to ground herself. It probably was a little rude of her to grab at the boys' sleeves like that, but it comforted her to be able to do so... and, though she didn't know it, it definitely was convenient for avoiding accidentally activating her curse. Her anxious eyes softened, and her tense muscles relaxed just a little thanks to Claude's gentle reassurance. "...Thank you," she murmured, appreciative. "You're both very kind. I... I do think I want to talk a little." The words were oddly hard to get out, considering that bluntness and speaking her mind usually came easily to her. She supposed that struggle was due to these newfound insecurities, too. "If it's really okay." After all, she didn't want to impose or be insensitive. She knew they both had lots on their minds, too. But, then, she kind of hoped all of them could take the opportunity to talk about what troubled them. The only real problem was, she didn't really have a good answer about where she wanted to go. She couldn't think straight with so many people around and so much on her mind. So when Cater offered up his room, she practically deflated with relief. An eager nod was given without hesitation.

"That would be great." Anywhere but here. She needed to get out. "Let's go." Normally, she was more of a quiet follower than a leader; however, in this case, she was obviously anxious to get out of the crowded space. Without thinking, she began to move, gently tugging on both Claude and Cater's sleeves in order to hopefully spur them to come along as well. She once again seemed totally oblivious to how rude she might've been being, too caught up in her short burst of claustrophobia to really think things through. Or, well, it was probably a mix of both that and her lack of social experience. Still, if either of them wanted to pull away, resist, or request a change of course, it'd be extremely easy to do so. As long as they got somewhere quiet and empty in the end, she'd be happy.

Last edited:

Claude von Riegan

Ultimate Stratigist

Outside The Movie Theatre

"Well, if you're alright with the both of us in there, I think that'd be a good place for us to talk." Claude agreed with a nod at Cater's suggestion of them going to his room to talk.
If something private was on Marie's mind, going to a public venue wasn't exactly the best place to be. Even though it was obvious that Monokuma was going to be watching regardless of where they went, the private quarters were probably the closest to a private place they had here. Somewhere where no one aside from their group could just casually waltz thier way into.
The next thing he knew, he was being tugged on by Marie. He actually gave a soft, surprised squeak at that. He hadn't expected her to get that eager to go to Cater's toom and talk. But it also made him feel good that Marie also trusted him enough to be eager to confide in him. As if he had a choice, the Ultimate Stratigist picked up the pace as the two made their way toward Cater's room. Part of Claude was anxious as to what Marie may have to say and why she was so private about it.

Stiles " Ultimate Sarcasm" Stilinski

Stiles would look over at her and decided if that was entirely correct. "That's partially right, except more to the extreme that it's the only thing you can focus on-like no sleep, no lunch, no nothing. Alternatively, it can just be that you can't focus on anything or can focus on little things, it's very complicated to explain."

themagnoliaofutah themagnoliaofutah

LuckycoolHawk9 LuckycoolHawk9

"Life is inexplicable. If everything were easy to explain, there'd be no real joy to learning." Louise paused, then shook her head a little. "...sorry. I get a bit overly cosmic at times. Have too much time to think."

"Alright. It all started years ago." Wanda flinched, taking a deep breath. "I feel in love with a man, his name Vision. He was one of the most human people i ever met, that's the ironic part. He wasn't human, he was a machine, an android. He had feelings, and emotions, and he, most importantly, had a soul. However, he was machine. We married, because I didn't care. I was deeply and madly in-love." A sad smile appeared on her face as her checks glowed a rose color. "We'd wanted a family but we couldn't have them naturally Being young and dumb, I did something foolish. I used magic."

1649879312977.png

Turning away from the girls, Wanda shook her head. "I tapped into a power I was not ready for. Yes, I created Billy and Tommy. However, they weren't real. Not the way we are real. It's complicated. But were a happy family. Then Vision died. I was alone for a short time with the boys. He was rebuilt, but he wasn't my Vision. This one had emotions, no feelings, no..." A pause. "That wasn't the worst part. The power that I used to make my twins? It took them back. I lost everything in such a short time. I snapped, and entity named Chthon took control of me. I attacked my friends. They were able to stop me, however they had to erase my memory of my twins." Wanda sighed. "And it worked for years."
"Then I remembered." Wanda whispered. "And It was even worse the second time. I destroyed vision, killed various friends, destroyed the Avengers as a group. The group that was my family, I broke them." Wanda just glared at the floor. "Then a man I thought was my Father, a mutant that goes by Magento, he rescued me. However, I resented the mutants. A mutant named Professor X made me forget my children. So I wanted to forget about the mutants. With three simple words, at my most powerful, I reduced a race of millions of people, down to one-hundred-ninety-eight. Lives ruined because of me. Some of them even died from being depowered mid-use." A look of shame plastered on the witch's face as slight tears fell. Wiping the water of her face, she continued.

"We found out later I was again being manipulated by another entity, the life-force. That doesn't make things better. In time, the mutant population as now hit new Hights, and those who lost there powers gained them back. The guilt still remains. I just thought, you girls should know. I'm flawed. Don't let my outlook or dress deceive you. I'm very, very flawed." Wanda laughed awkwardly. "But I hope you girls understand."

lunar_moth lunar_moth Xeppy Xeppy Takumi98 Takumi98

Hallway
Icee Icee HanikamuKitten HanikamuKitten

1649888333590.png

Although Marie had fully(if subconsciously) intended to not stop moving until they were out of the crowded space and safely situated literally anywhere else, the blonde visibly tensed upon hearing Claude's quiet squeak. Her hands immediately released their grip on both him and Cater, and she whirled around with an urgency that seemed unlike her, frantically looking to her friend with clear concern. "Are you alright?" she asked before she could stop herself. She could plainly see that both of her friends were right there, heads still in tact, completely and utterly safe and sound... but even so, her heart raced violently in her chest. A small seed of fear bloomed within her, her mind drifting to a new concern that she hadn't considered before. An interpretation of her film born wholly out of sheer paranoia.

What if those visions meant her curse was back? What if it had been restored, and the only way to see it removed once more was for her to end the life of another, as she'd done so many times before? Cater had touched her since she'd come out of the theatre and been fine, sure, but what if that was only to grant her a false sense of security? It dawned on her in overwhelming clarity that she could lose whatever magical bind was keeping her curse at bay at any moment.

Abruptly, fueled by this horrifying notion, she pressed her hands firmly against her legs, clutching tightly at the fabric of her dress like her life depended on it. She'd already been tense before, but it was suddenly much worse, her face likewise going a bit paler than before. "I-... I'm sorry. I won't do that again. We can keep going if you're both okay." No matter how soothing it was to her to be close with her friends, she would need to be more mindful. For their sake. She tried to collect herself and resumed walking, but she was a little slower than before, now.​

Cater Diamond

♦️Hallway>Cater’s room♦️
GamblingGoblins GamblingGoblins Icee Icee

"Mon chéri..? Are you alright? You're acting strange again." A chill ran down Cater’s spine as she said it once again. She really didn’t take the hint did she? Though who could blame her when Cater was barely even making any sense.

"It's something... who says? Ah, do you mean you have another close friend who calls you this? Is that it?"

Another close friend? So she really didn’t understand his thing with Trey huh? That’s okay though, maybe he could explain during their chat later. His mind was so fogged, he was close to shouting in hopes it would clear his head. He figured he would probably end up scaring Marie instead, and opted for a gentler solution. He leaned close and whispered into her ear.

“I was just surprised, Mon chéri is something you call a lover, typically. Although you’re French yourself so, maybe it’s different than I thought. But like I said, it’s alright. I was just, surprised.” He silently noted that maybe he needed a nickname for her as well. Sure her had Mar, but he needed something a bit more, special.

~~~

Marie accepted Cater’s proposal to talk in his room and grabbed onto Cater’s sleeve, as usual. "That would be great. Let's go."

Cater graciously lent her his sleeve and began to follow along, when he heard a small, uncharacteristically adorable squeak from Claude. It caused Marie to drop her hands from both of them, and even Cater turned to him. He was a bit surprised at first, but then he remembered how he was as well the first time Marie had done that to him.

"I-... I'm sorry. I won't do that again. We can keep going if you're both okay." He couldn’t speak for Claude of course, but he didn’t mind, and it didn’t seem that big of a deal to Claude. He remembered Marie’s curse, the image of her touch sending heads flying. Perhaps that was the reason she was so tense and his sudden noise? She sent her hands quickly to her dress at her side, but almost as quickly as she did, he grabbed one with his. He wanted to convey that it was okay for him, he didn’t mind.

He covered his hand with with sleeve as best he could, in hopes that it would help block the effect of her touch.

“C’mon,” he reached into the back of his mind, attempting to pull from the French he learned from Rook, until he remembered one thing he taught him. “Ma crevette…?” He said it as smooth as he could, but it came out as more of a question. He also couldn’t remember what it meant, just that it was a good thing and it sounded cute. He grabbed Claude’s wrist as well, and began to drag both of them to his room.

He’d only drop his grip once they got to his door, opening it and inviting them inside. He plopped down on the bed.

“Home sweet home. Welcome to the temp Diamond residence.” He sat up and patted the spot on the bed next to him.

Pinkie Pie
Josh Josh lunar_moth lunar_moth + others

Outside of Movie Theater

While Pinkie had her eye open for Sophie, still hoping that she would come on in whenever, she quickly got distracted by someone else. Well, not just someone else- a group of someone elses. Marguerite, or Marie, Cater, and Claude, all walking away. CMC. CCM. MCC. Dang, all their little groups needed actual names. It was a handful to keep up with all these friend groups, especially naming all the people in these. But she digressed. Ignoring all the little names going through Pinkie Pie's head, people were already leaving the front of the movie theater, going to wherever they destined to be at. Was it getting too boring here for them? Were they going to share secret plans? Was it bedtime? Pinkie Pie frowned at this thought. Like before at the bombing, she didn't really want to go to bed yet. She didn't really want to leave right now. She didn't really want to leave the moment, to leave the ignorant times. She was exhausted, but something inside her feared nighttime. The last time it was nighttime... well, it didn't turn out great.

Before she could voice her own thoughts, though, Wanda agreed to speak. Oh! Like a child about to hear a story, Pinkie Pie straightened her back and had the anticipating glint in her eyes that awaited a good tale, as well as the mischievous look that no doubt had impatience for getting to an interesting part. She was a hyperactive, pink-haired girl. You couldn't except any more from her.

But that's besides the point. Now Pinkie was listening into Wanda's words, and hopefully Usagi was as well. While Pinkie grew confused for a moment at Wanda's flinch and deep sigh, she quickly became sucked into the mystery book of life of Wanda Maximoff, the Scarlet Witch, starting off with... love? Huh? Why was love and a husband the start of what Wanda was talking about? Pinkie silently listened, hearing what Wanda was saying. It didn't take a genius to conclude that Wanda cared about this “Vision” she was speaking about. The way she talked about him, the sad smile and red blush... wow, romance was confusing. The thing that truly puzzled Pinkie Pie, however, was when Wanda started talking about her children.

"...huh?" Pinkie voiced- quietly, as to not interrupt the storytelling- tilting her head sideways to show this confusion she was expressing out loud. What was her older friend talking about? What did she mean she had to use magic to make her children? Weren't all children created with magic? Weren’t they all created by the bonds of elemental creation, as the smarty-pantses would say from her world? What did she mean her children, Billy and Tommy, weren't real? Wasn't it the magic that made them real, that made them alive? Wasn't it magic that made Pinkie Pie born and made all of them born? Or... oh! Were Wanda's children created with a different type of magic than the magic that Pinkie and the rest of the people in her world were made out of? Is that why they weren't real like the rest of them were?

Pinkie Pie had pink hair, pink skin, and a personality all matching her name. She was an Element of Harmony. She was all laughter. She came from a world filled with rainbows, friendship, and happiness. No wonder she was deeply confused and made out of magic.

But Pinkie's confusion soon turned greater (she was really feeling like Atsushi right now from when they first met) when Wanda said that her lover, Vision, died, came back, magic took back her children... and... and she attacked her friends? What? Like Nightmare Moon? A villain from Pinkie Pie’s world? The one who had magic take control of her, making her attack even the ones who were closest to her in need of having the night last forever? Was... was Wanda like that? So overcome with bad emotions for something that she turned evil? Needing something? Pinkie's gaze turned a bit sad when hearing that Wanda had to forget her children- the children she loved and was happy with- and her forgetting worked. It worked.

Wanda didn't deserve that. Nobody deserved that. Even if it was painful for her to remember… wouldn’t it have been more painful to forget and then remember that you forgot something dear to you? Maybe the people who made her forget didn't expect her to remember. Maybe.

Oh. The red-cloaked woman was now whispering. Yet, through this whispering, Pinkie could still hear her words. She could still hear what the Ultimate Witch was trying to convey to her and Usagi Tsukino. She quietly listened, staring at Wanda's face, trying to understand every word that her friend was saying. Trying to see why Wanda was asking for permission to share her past earlier. Trying to process. ... Well, until she heard something. Until she heard things Wanda did.

Killing. Destroying. Breaking.

Pinkie's expression went blank. Her sparkle in her eye quickly diminished. Her straightened back dropped, with her hands now dangling by her sides. Words were scrambling around in her mind, especially the three Wanda said. Killing. Destroying. Breaking. Pinkie's eyebrows furrowed deeply as she tries to process it all- as she so desperately tried to understand everything that was happening- but more facts came flying at her. Wanda reducing a population of mutants by millions. More killing. The ruining of everything. More and more. More and more. This all swarmed around Pinkie Pie. More and more. More and more. Her head dropped as she stared at the ground, like Wanda had done earlier when speaking to them. Killing. Destroying. Breaking. Killing. Destroying. Breaking.

Pinkie... she didn't know how to respond. She didn't know how to think about that. She couldn't... couldn't... couldn't process it. She couldn't wrap her mind around it. She couldn't understand that things like that were even possible. That such horrible things could occur in this world. Even if Usagi spoke, even if others spoke as well, Pinkie was silent. Her hair drooped to her sides, her eyes only getting larger as pieces connected together inside of her mind.

Wanda had said... Wanda had said... what? Wanda did all of that? Wanda did... Wanda did...

And then, suddenly, everything felt heavy.

Wanda was right earlier when speaking to Atsushi, if only partially: Pinkie couldn't take it. Pinkie couldn’t take the information in right now. She just couldn't let it all in at once.

The situation, Wanda's words... they weighed onto Pinkie Pie’s already strained back, forcing her to try to balance it out before it crushed her. Pinkie always knew everything that was happening... but now... why? Everything felt so real. Everything now had a new sense, a new vision. Everything was getting to Pinkie Pie. The ignorance of earlier, the cheering up... was that all just fake? Was she just... was it inevitable to...?

The weight sunk in, and her back strained further to keep up.

Pinkie was going to throw up. What did Wanda mean? About killing? About doing the one thing Pinkie didn't want anyone to do, the one thing Pinkie couldn't just make go away? Her stomach twisted. The world span. Her legs threatened to give way. Her bright blue eyes darted around the outside movie theater, and it was clear the pink-haired girl was not reacting well to Wanda's words. Not well at all. It was expected, though. It felt like everyone was breathing down her neck right now, watching her more and more intently until she broke. Slowly, intently watching her as she reacted to finally knowing the truth that even her friends- the people she held closest- could do what Monokuma wishes for. That the people Pinkie thought were innocent were murderers. That the people Pinkie trusted could do terrible things too, and they weren't perfect. Why? Why? It felt like the floors were moving up and down, trying to make Pinkie lose balance and fall down into despair. It felt like the roof was slowly shrinking in, eventually going to crush them all. It felt like she was going to die.

Like before, when Pinkie Pie started doubting her friends at home, the girl started to... think some things. Again, very expected when Pinkie was panicking. The movie theater now whispered to her in a honey voice, letting it drip out as it attempted to pull Pinkie in.

If you kill, you can be safe with all your friends. With the price of a few dead bodies, you can make many more alive people happy. That's what you want, isn't it? To make people around you smile? To never make them sad? To do your job in the world? Just do what Monokuma wants, then, and you'll have that! You'll make both the bear happy and you’ll make everyone else happy as well! You'll make the audience happy as well!

The walls of the building yelled at her.

People are dying! You'll die! Monokuma will blow up again! People will kill each other! You can't make people smile! You're just for entertainment! You'll never get out of here! You'll never see your friends again! Monokuma revealed there was a traitor! You cannot trust anyone except yourself! And people won't trust you!

Hey, even the crown Wanda gave Pinkie on her head muttered to her!

I'm a murderer, Pinkie Pie. I've massacred people. I’ve done terrible things, and you would’ve never known if I never told you. Even the people most closest to you will be involved in the one thing you cannot laugh at, no matter how much you fear it: people killing. You will never escape it. You can never outrun it. You can never hide from it. It will always come running after you.

Some may say that Pinkie Pie was overreacting right now, going into an oversensitive mode, but remember: this is coming from the girl who so desperately didn’t want a murder to happen. Who denied everything happening. Who refused to say blood during the trial and only cheered up when thinking this was all fake. The girl fearing the killings happening, just hearing about how her friend did that as well? Never was she going to react well immediately.

In complete panic and not really acting as she should, Pinkie Pie wobbly took a few steps back. They couldn’t be called steps, really, based on how much stumble was in them, but the movement was clear: Pinkie was heading away from them. She was wanting to run. Wanting to run from everything, everything. All of these voices were too much, the things in her head was too much, everything was too much, and Pinkie just needed to.. needed to.. get away!

And Pinkie was close to running. Just running from her friends. Just running from her problems that would always chase after her. Pushing everything away, but knowing it would do nothing. But then a new voice appeared. A new voice in the back of her mind appeared. A new voice, saying...

"Pinkie Pie, who banished fear by giggling in the face of danger..."

What?

"...represents the spirit of laughter."

What was...

"The spark ignited inside of me when I realized that you all..."

Was this...

"...are my friends!"

Twilight Sparkle?
The Element of Magic? The Princess of Friendship? One of her best friends?

Twilight Sparkle's voice filled Pinkie Pie's head, dismissing any despairing thoughts the Ultimate Party Planner was thinking of. The things she was saying... those words were what Twilight said when they all fought Nightmare Moon. The first time they all really came together. The first time Twilight Sparkle really opened up to all of them. Pinkie Pie now felt everything in her heart when imagining the words of Twi again. Like when Pinkie was feeling the panic of Wanda's words, she felt realization when hearing Twilight's. She felt the fear inside of her heart. She felt the fear for Wanda having murdered people before. She felt the fear of dying. She felt the fear of her friends dying. She felt the fear of Monokuma. She felt the fear of never going home again. She felt the overwhelming amount of fear that came in waves, slamming against her soul over and over again throughout this adventure. She felt the fear when hearing what Wanda said. She felt it so much when hearing Twilight's words.

Yet, what was Pinkie supposed to do with fear?

"Ha." Pinkie left out a breathy laugh. It may not have been what Wanda was expecting when sharing her past, but Pinkie soon started giggling. But she wasn't laughing at Wanda's past. She wasn't even close to laughing at Wanda's past. She was laughing at the bad feelings in her heart. At the fear inside of her. Perhaps not only her friends' smiles were enough to let Pinkie let go of the bad feelings inside. She was afraid. She had panic. Parasite Pinkie came from this fear and panic. Everything bad came from this fear and panic. And, as the Element of Laughter, she was meant to laugh these feelings away. She was supposed to have hope, even in the most dangerous of situations. Sure, she was a little sidetracked by the... killings, but through the power of friendship, she must smile.

While Pinkie had been terrified by the prospect of serial killers earlier, now that she was faced with someone who had murdered people before, and having them be a friend... it was different. Pinkie Pie was about to fall into hysteria, yes, but like the Twilight Sparkle voice inside of her head, the spark of the Magic of Friendship ignited inside of her. The Magic of Friendship could defeat any bad feelings inside of herself.

Pinkie Pie could almost hear the song in the back of her head: a song about laughing in the face of fear. A song Pinkie Pie made up and sang to persuade her friends earlier. A song that persuaded herself now.

After a few moments of laughing, Pinkie suddenly widened her eyes in alarm and covered her mouth with her hands in guilt. Shoot. She wasn't supposed to laugh after hearing that story about Wanda! Who laughs after hearing about somebody killing others? Who laughs after hearing about a species almost completely diminishing? Who laughs at all of that? Pinkie Pie certainly shouldn't!

In all honesty, Pinkie Pie didn't know how she laughed. She didn't know how she got the strength to smile, how she did that after two people died recently, and especially after hearing what Wanda did before. Sure, she had the Spirit of Laughter inside of her, but she had been so dejected a moment ago. Plus, her best friends weren't here, and the Elements of Harmony usually only worked when they were all together. That meant that the Element of Laughter must not have been as strong. What had changed? What had happened after imagining the Princess of Friendship's voice? Then, Pinkie Pie remembered something else Twilight Sparkle had said. How, no matter where they were and who they were, the Magic of Friendship was in them all. So... that meant that, even though Pinkie Pie was here, away from her friends, she still had an Element of Harmony inside of her. That would help, even if she couldn't defeat Monokuma with rays of rainbows.

While her head was still fuzzy from all that happened, Pinkie Pie started waving her hands around dramatically and spoke out, "Eek! Wait! No! Aahh! Wait! I'm not laughing 'cause of you! I'm laughing 'cause I was feeling all bad and I didn't want to feel bad! That's what Granny Pie told me to do! Ah! Ah! I Pinkie swear I wasn't laughing at you!" She made a praying gesture with her hands, clearly desperate as to not send the wrong message to Wanda. Perhaps Fluttershy was right. Maybe Pinkie didn't take a lot of things seriously. Whoops. Pinkie Pie really needed to work on her timing.

Hoping the woman forgave her for her inappropriate giggling, she then attempted to poke Wanda. "Of course you're flawed, silly! There's nobody who isn't!" Well. Wanda was extra flawed, seeing her past. But that doesn't matter. "And even though you have bad parts, and... a really bad past... you're still part of the good guy team here!" Pinkie said this as though there was no arguing against her. Welp.

Pinkie turned serious for a moment (take that, Fluttershy!). "I'm super-duper sorry that happened to you, though, Wanda. All of that was really bad." She paused momentarily again. "But that doesn't make you bad. Yes, your past is terrible, and you did very bad things. Yeah, you were manipulated," Pinkie said this word as if she didn't hear it a lot. "...but your flaws can also be good, Wanda. If you try to fix them, they're what make you strong! They're what make you learn from your mistakes! And as long as you learn from them," A smile came back on her face. "Then your flaws can be the best and most responsible parts of you!" Pinkie was never good at responding to serious things- being all fun and all- but she was trying her best to respond to Wanda. While it may not have made sense to others about how Pinkie was trying to say flaws were good, it made perfect sense to the girl. Pinkie truly believed it.

She didn't need to focus on Wanda's actions. She just needed to focus on how Wanda felt about it. And, with how she was speaking about her past actions, she clearly felt guilt about it, meaning she did learn from it. Meaning she must have gone from the bad guy to the good guy. Meaning thar she wasn't evil. Right? That was it, right? As long as Wanda turned into the good guy after her actions, that was alright. Right?

"After hearing your grand tale of Wanda, like the mutant populations, my trust for you has hit new heights!!" She put her hands up to the air, clearly empathizing her point, before pausing momentarily. "You did turn into a good guy, right, Wanda?"

As she asked the final question, her eyesight went over to Usagi. Given what her friend said before Wanda shared the story, Usagi would probably react in a responsible and cool-like way. And, while Pinkie was confused that Wanda was only directing this stuff at Usagi and Pinkie when Atsushi was here as well and most likely hadn't heard this too, she would question it later. Thinking was too hard right now.

Well, thinking was always hard. That's why she barely did it.​

Claude Von Riegan

Ultimate Stratigist

Hallway

Claude blinked in surprise when Marie suddenly pulled away. She almost seemed...panicked? Like that look that someone gives an injured ally in battle. Claude knew the look all too well. Although he was careful as he could be, he was still an archer and was vulnerable if anything did sneak up on him. There were a few times battles ended unexpectedly and Byleth gave him this shocked looknwhen he tried to blow off his injury. He was the second in command, being as how Byleth took over most strategy during their battles and he never wanted to tell anyone when he was hurt as nit to destroy morale. But Byleth...she just always knew when he was hurt. That look Marie gave was just like Byleth would have given. But he wasn't hurt now. So why was Marie suddenly giving this look as if she had accidentally hurt him?
"Is something wrong? If you're worried about me squeaking, well, you just kind of caught me off gaurd is all. I didn't expect you to go yanking my sleeve like that..." he started, rubbing the back of his head a bit. "But I'm glad you're eager to talk with us. I'm sure it'll feel a lot better once you have what's on your mind off your chest, right?"
He didn't know if his statement reached her since it seemed she rushed to compose herself as soon as she slipped up. Marie did really remind him of Marianne. She would be doing the same thing. Although Marianne probably wouldn't have bothered to tske this step of talking. She was a bit more shy than Marie on that. Marianne woukd have probably already excused herself and left by now. But still, Claude could not help but be reminded of the timid woman all the same.

"W-woah!! Okay, okay, I'll try and speed it up a little, Cater." Claude was suddenly snapped out of his thoughts when Cater had grabbed onto his wrist again. Seems that they both were eager to get to Cater's room. Not that he minded, of course. He was just a tad bit overwhelmed by the sudden excitement. Although, he had to admit that it was a welcome change given their current situation. Though, he can't help but wonder what was on Marie's mind. For some reason, intuition told him that it was something dire...

Cater's Room

The Ultimate Stratigist was silent for the rest of the trip to Cater's room. He made sure to keep good oace lest his arm get thrown out of socket along the way. The room looked similar to his own. Standard two beds, dresser, the usual room decor. Since it wasn't his room, he didn't sit anywhere, opting to simply lean against the wall. He didn't realize until he was in a less crowded space that the crowd and emotions from earlier had left him a bit tired. Not to mention his sleeplessness lately. Hopefully he would have an easier time tonight but he kind of doubted it.
"So, now that we're all here, what's on your mind?" he asked as he looked at Marie with a gentle expression. He knee that whatever it was, it had her nervous and he wanted to reassure her that he would not judge or react poorly to what she said. They were friends. Claude honestly did not feel any bad vibes from Marie. Whatever she had to say couldn't be that bad. Right?

"Alright. It all started years ago." Wanda flinched, taking a deep breath. "I feel in love with a man, his name Vision. He was one of the most human people i ever met, that's the ironic part. He wasn't human, he was a machine, an android. He had feelings, and emotions, and he, most importantly, had a soul. However, he was machine. We married, because I didn't care. I was deeply and madly in-love." A sad smile appeared on her face as her checks glowed a rose color. "We'd wanted a family but we couldn't have them naturally Being young and dumb, I did something foolish. I used magic."

View attachment 975875

Turning away from the girls, Wanda shook her head. "I tapped into a power I was not ready for. Yes, I created Billy and Tommy. However, they weren't real. Not the way we are real. It's complicated. But were a happy family. Then Vision died. I was alone for a short time with the boys. He was rebuilt, but he wasn't my Vision. This one had emotions, no feelings, no..." A pause. "That wasn't the worst part. The power that I used to make my twins? It took them back. I lost everything in such a short time. I snapped, and entity named Chthon took control of me. I attacked my friends. They were able to stop me, however they had to erase my memory of my twins." Wanda sighed. "And it worked for years."
"Then I remembered." Wanda whispered. "And It was even worse the second time. I destroyed vision, killed various friends, destroyed the Avengers as a group. The group that was my family, I broke them." Wanda just glared at the floor. "Then a man I thought was my Father, a mutant that goes by Magento, he rescued me. However, I resented the mutants. A mutant named Professor X made me forget my children. So I wanted to forget about the mutants. With three simple words, at my most powerful, I reduced a race of millions of people, down to one-hundred-ninety-eight. Lives ruined because of me. Some of them even died from being depowered mid-use." A look of shame plastered on the witch's face as slight tears fell. Wiping the water of her face, she continued.

"We found out later I was again being manipulated by another entity, the life-force. That doesn't make things better. In time, the mutant population as now hit new Hights, and those who lost there powers gained them back. The guilt still remains. I just thought, you girls should know. I'm flawed. Don't let my outlook or dress deceive you. I'm very, very flawed." Wanda laughed awkwardly. "But I hope you girls understand."

lunar_moth lunar_moth Xeppy Xeppy Takumi98 Takumi98
Pinkie Pie
Josh Josh lunar_moth lunar_moth + others

Outside of Movie Theater

While Pinkie had her eye open for Sophie, still hoping that she would come on in whenever, she quickly got distracted by someone else. Well, not just someone else- a group of someone elses. Marguerite, or Marie, Cater, and Claude, all walking away. CMC. CCM. MCC. Dang, all their little groups needed actual names. It was a handful to keep up with all these friend groups, especially naming all the people in these. But she digressed. Ignoring all the little names going through Pinkie Pie's head, people were already leaving the front of the movie theater, going to wherever they destined to be at. Was it getting too boring here for them? Were they going to share secret plans? Was it bedtime? Pinkie Pie frowned at this thought. Like before at the bombing, she didn't really want to go to bed yet. She didn't really want to leave right now. She didn't really want to leave the moment, to leave the ignorant times. She was exhausted, but something inside her feared nighttime. The last time it was nighttime... well, it didn't turn out great.

Before she could voice her own thoughts, though, Wanda agreed to speak. Oh! Like a child about to hear a story, Pinkie Pie straightened her back and had the anticipating glint in her eyes that awaited a good tale, as well as the mischievous look that no doubt had impatience for getting to an interesting part. She was a hyperactive, pink-haired girl. You couldn't except any more from her.

But that's besides the point. Now Pinkie was listening into Wanda's words, and hopefully Usagi was as well. While Pinkie grew confused for a moment at Wanda's flinch and deep sigh, she quickly became sucked into the mystery book of life of Wanda Maximoff, the Scarlet Witch, starting off with... love? Huh? Why was love and a husband the start of what Wanda was talking about? Pinkie silently listened, hearing what Wanda was saying. It didn't take a genius to conclude that Wanda cared about this “Vision” she was speaking about. The way she talked about him, the sad smile and red blush... wow, romance was confusing. The thing that truly puzzled Pinkie Pie, however, was when Wanda started talking about her children.

"...huh?" Pinkie voiced- quietly, as to not interrupt the storytelling- tilting her head sideways to show this confusion she was expressing out loud. What was her older friend talking about? What did she mean she had to use magic to make her children? Weren't all children created with magic? Weren’t they all created by the bonds of elemental creation, as the smarty-pantses would say from her world? What did she mean her children, Billy and Tommy, weren't real? Wasn't it the magic that made them real, that made them alive? Wasn't it magic that made Pinkie Pie born and made all of them born? Or... oh! Were Wanda's children created with a different type of magic than the magic that Pinkie and the rest of the people in her world were made out of? Is that why they weren't real like the rest of them were?

Pinkie Pie had pink hair, pink skin, and a personality all matching her name. She was an Element of Harmony. She was all laughter. She came from a world filled with rainbows, friendship, and happiness. No wonder she was deeply confused and made out of magic.

But Pinkie's confusion soon turned greater (she was really feeling like Atsushi right now from when they first met) when Wanda said that her lover, Vision, died, came back, magic took back her children... and... and she attacked her friends? What? Like Nightmare Moon? A villain from Pinkie Pie’s world? The one who had magic take control of her, making her attack even the ones who were closest to her in need of having the night last forever? Was... was Wanda like that? So overcome with bad emotions for something that she turned evil? Needing something? Pinkie's gaze turned a bit sad when hearing that Wanda had to forget her children- the children she loved and was happy with- and her forgetting worked. It worked.

Wanda didn't deserve that. Nobody deserved that. Even if it was painful for her to remember… wouldn’t it have been more painful to forget and then remember that you forgot something dear to you? Maybe the people who made her forget didn't expect her to remember. Maybe.

Oh. The red-cloaked woman was now whispering. Yet, through this whispering, Pinkie could still hear her words. She could still hear what the Ultimate Witch was trying to convey to her and Usagi Tsukino. She quietly listened, staring at Wanda's face, trying to understand every word that her friend was saying. Trying to see why Wanda was asking for permission to share her past earlier. Trying to process. ... Well, until she heard something. Until she heard things Wanda did.

Killing. Destroying. Breaking.

Pinkie's expression went blank. Her sparkle in her eye quickly diminished. Her straightened back dropped, with her hands now dangling by her sides. Words were scrambling around in her mind, especially the three Wanda said. Killing. Destroying. Breaking. Pinkie's eyebrows furrowed deeply as she tries to process it all- as she so desperately tried to understand everything that was happening- but more facts came flying at her. Wanda reducing a population of mutants by millions. More killing. The ruining of everything. More and more. More and more. This all swarmed around Pinkie Pie. More and more. More and more. Her head dropped as she stared at the ground, like Wanda had done earlier when speaking to them. Killing. Destroying. Breaking. Killing. Destroying. Breaking.

Pinkie... she didn't know how to respond. She didn't know how to think about that. She couldn't... couldn't... couldn't process it. She couldn't wrap her mind around it. She couldn't understand that things like that were even possible. That such horrible things could occur in this world. Even if Usagi spoke, even if others spoke as well, Pinkie was silent. Her hair drooped to her sides, her eyes only getting larger as pieces connected together inside of her mind.

Wanda had said... Wanda had said... what? Wanda did all of that? Wanda did... Wanda did...

And then, suddenly, everything felt heavy.

Wanda was right earlier when speaking to Atsushi, if only partially: Pinkie couldn't take it. Pinkie couldn’t take the information in right now. She just couldn't let it all in at once.

The situation, Wanda's words... they weighed onto Pinkie Pie’s already strained back, forcing her to try to balance it out before it crushed her. Pinkie always knew everything that was happening... but now... why? Everything felt so real. Everything now had a new sense, a new vision. Everything was getting to Pinkie Pie. The ignorance of earlier, the cheering up... was that all just fake? Was she just... was it inevitable to...?

The weight sunk in, and her back strained further to keep up.

Pinkie was going to throw up. What did Wanda mean? About killing? About doing the one thing Pinkie didn't want anyone to do, the one thing Pinkie couldn't just make go away? Her stomach twisted. The world span. Her legs threatened to give way. Her bright blue eyes darted around the outside movie theater, and it was clear the pink-haired girl was not reacting well to Wanda's words. Not well at all. It was expected, though. It felt like everyone was breathing down her neck right now, watching her more and more intently until she broke. Slowly, intently watching her as she reacted to finally knowing the truth that even her friends- the people she held closest- could do what Monokuma wishes for. That the people Pinkie thought were innocent were murderers. That the people Pinkie trusted could do terrible things too, and they weren't perfect. Why? Why? It felt like the floors were moving up and down, trying to make Pinkie lose balance and fall down into despair. It felt like the roof was slowly shrinking in, eventually going to crush them all. It felt like she was going to die.

Like before, when Pinkie Pie started doubting her friends at home, the girl started to... think some things. Again, very expected when Pinkie was panicking. The movie theater now whispered to her in a honey voice, letting it drip out as it attempted to pull Pinkie in.

If you kill, you can be safe with all your friends. With the price of a few dead bodies, you can make many more alive people happy. That's what you want, isn't it? To make people around you smile? To never make them sad? To do your job in the world? Just do what Monokuma wants, then, and you'll have that! You'll make both the bear happy and you’ll make everyone else happy as well! You'll make the audience happy as well!

The walls of the building yelled at her.

People are dying! You'll die! Monokuma will blow up again! People will kill each other! You can't make people smile! You're just for entertainment! You'll never get out of here! You'll never see your friends again! Monokuma revealed there was a traitor! You cannot trust anyone except yourself! And people won't trust you!

Hey, even the crown Wanda gave Pinkie on her head muttered to her!

I'm a murderer, Pinkie Pie. I've massacred people. I’ve done terrible things, and you would’ve never known if I never told you. Even the people most closest to you will be involved in the one thing you cannot laugh at, no matter how much you fear it: people killing. You will never escape it. You can never outrun it. You can never hide from it. It will always come running after you.

Some may say that Pinkie Pie was overreacting right now, going into an oversensitive mode, but remember: this is coming from the girl who so desperately didn’t want a murder to happen. Who denied everything happening. Who refused to say blood during the trial and only cheered up when thinking this was all fake. The girl fearing the killings happening, just hearing about how her friend did that as well? Never was she going to react well immediately.

In complete panic and not really acting as she should, Pinkie Pie wobbly took a few steps back. They couldn’t be called steps, really, based on how much stumble was in them, but the movement was clear: Pinkie was heading away from them. She was wanting to run. Wanting to run from everything, everything. All of these voices were too much, the things in her head was too much, everything was too much, and Pinkie just needed to.. needed to.. get away!

And Pinkie was close to running. Just running from her friends. Just running from her problems that would always chase after her. Pushing everything away, but knowing it would do nothing. But then a new voice appeared. A new voice in the back of her mind appeared. A new voice, saying...

"Pinkie Pie, who banished fear by giggling in the face of danger..."

What?

"...represents the spirit of laughter."

What was...

"The spark ignited inside of me when I realized that you all..."

Was this...

"...are my friends!"

Twilight Sparkle?
The Element of Magic? The Princess of Friendship? One of her best friends?

Twilight Sparkle's voice filled Pinkie Pie's head, dismissing any despairing thoughts the Ultimate Party Planner was thinking of. The things she was saying... those words were what Twilight said when they all fought Nightmare Moon. The first time they all really came together. The first time Twilight Sparkle really opened up to all of them. Pinkie Pie now felt everything in her heart when imagining the words of Twi again. Like when Pinkie was feeling the panic of Wanda's words, she felt realization when hearing Twilight's. She felt the fear inside of her heart. She felt the fear for Wanda having murdered people before. She felt the fear of dying. She felt the fear of her friends dying. She felt the fear of Monokuma. She felt the fear of never going home again. She felt the overwhelming amount of fear that came in waves, slamming against her soul over and over again throughout this adventure. She felt the fear when hearing what Wanda said. She felt it so much when hearing Twilight's words.

Yet, what was Pinkie supposed to do with fear?

"Ha." Pinkie left out a breathy laugh. It may not have been what Wanda was expecting when sharing her past, but Pinkie soon started giggling. But she wasn't laughing at Wanda's past. She wasn't even close to laughing at Wanda's past. She was laughing at the bad feelings in her heart. At the fear inside of her. Perhaps not only her friends' smiles were enough to let Pinkie let go of the bad feelings inside. She was afraid. She had panic. Parasite Pinkie came from this fear and panic. Everything bad came from this fear and panic. And, as the Element of Laughter, she was meant to laugh these feelings away. She was supposed to have hope, even in the most dangerous of situations. Sure, she was a little sidetracked by the... killings, but through the power of friendship, she must smile.

While Pinkie had been terrified by the prospect of serial killers earlier, now that she was faced with someone who had murdered people before, and having them be a friend... it was different. Pinkie Pie was about to fall into hysteria, yes, but like the Twilight Sparkle voice inside of her head, the spark of the Magic of Friendship ignited inside of her. The Magic of Friendship could defeat any bad feelings inside of herself.

Pinkie Pie could almost hear the song in the back of her head: a song about laughing in the face of fear. A song Pinkie Pie made up and sang to persuade her friends earlier. A song that persuaded herself now.

After a few moments of laughing, Pinkie suddenly widened her eyes in alarm and covered her mouth with her hands in guilt. Shoot. She wasn't supposed to laugh after hearing that story about Wanda! Who laughs after hearing about somebody killing others? Who laughs after hearing about a species almost completely diminishing? Who laughs at all of that? Pinkie Pie certainly shouldn't!

In all honesty, Pinkie Pie didn't know how she laughed. She didn't know how she got the strength to smile, how she did that after two people died recently, and especially after hearing what Wanda did before. Sure, she had the Spirit of Laughter inside of her, but she had been so dejected a moment ago. Plus, her best friends weren't here, and the Elements of Harmony usually only worked when they were all together. That meant that the Element of Laughter must not have been as strong. What had changed? What had happened after imagining the Princess of Friendship's voice? Then, Pinkie Pie remembered something else Twilight Sparkle had said. How, no matter where they were and who they were, the Magic of Friendship was in them all. So... that meant that, even though Pinkie Pie was here, away from her friends, she still had an Element of Harmony inside of her. That would help, even if she couldn't defeat Monokuma with rays of rainbows.

While her head was still fuzzy from all that happened, Pinkie Pie started waving her hands around dramatically and spoke out, "Eek! Wait! No! Aahh! Wait! I'm not laughing 'cause of you! I'm laughing 'cause I was feeling all bad and I didn't want to feel bad! That's what Granny Pie told me to do! Ah! Ah! I Pinkie swear I wasn't laughing at you!" She made a praying gesture with her hands, clearly desperate as to not send the wrong message to Wanda. Perhaps Fluttershy was right. Maybe Pinkie didn't take a lot of things seriously. Whoops. Pinkie Pie really needed to work on her timing.

Hoping the woman forgave her for her inappropriate giggling, she then attempted to poke Wanda. "Of course you're flawed, silly! There's nobody who isn't!" Well. Wanda was extra flawed, seeing her past. But that doesn't matter. "And even though you have bad parts, and... a really bad past... you're still part of the good guy team here!" Pinkie said this as though there was no arguing against her. Welp.

Pinkie turned serious for a moment (take that, Fluttershy!). "I'm super-duper sorry that happened to you, though, Wanda. All of that was really bad." She paused momentarily again. "But that doesn't make you bad. Yes, your past is terrible, and you did very bad things. Yeah, you were manipulated," Pinkie said this word as if she didn't hear it a lot. "...but your flaws can also be good, Wanda. If you try to fix them, they're what make you strong! They're what make you learn from your mistakes! And as long as you learn from them," A smile came back on her face. "Then your flaws can be the best and most responsible parts of you!" Pinkie was never good at responding to serious things- being all fun and all- but she was trying her best to respond to Wanda. While it may not have made sense to others about how Pinkie was trying to say flaws were good, it made perfect sense to the girl. Pinkie truly believed it.

She didn't need to focus on Wanda's actions. She just needed to focus on how Wanda felt about it. And, with how she was speaking about her past actions, she clearly felt guilt about it, meaning she did learn from it. Meaning she must have gone from the bad guy to the good guy. Meaning thar she wasn't evil. Right? That was it, right? As long as Wanda turned into the good guy after her actions, that was alright. Right?

"After hearing your grand tale of Wanda, like the mutant populations, my trust for you has hit new heights!!" She put her hands up to the air, clearly empathizing her point, before pausing momentarily. "You did turn into a good guy, right, Wanda?"

As she asked the final question, her eyesight went over to Usagi. Given what her friend said before Wanda shared the story, Usagi would probably react in a responsible and cool-like way. And, while Pinkie was confused that Wanda was only directing this stuff at Usagi and Pinkie when Atsushi was here as well and most likely hadn't heard this too, she would question it later. Thinking was too hard right now.

Well, thinking was always hard. That's why she barely did it.​

While Wanda spoke to both girls, Atsushi was focusing on both of their reactions, but quietly grew alarmed with Pinkie seeming to quickly grow close to panicking. He had pushed himself off the floor to stand, moving to her side ready to stady her with his free hand when she seemed like she was having trouble standing.

However, she seemed to slowly come out of her panicked state and started to laugh. The concerned look on his face remained as he tilted his head but she has quickly recovered and tried to explain herself to Wanda. Followed by words that made him glance away for a moment.

Admittedly, Wanda was indeed right about her earlier assessment of the girl's not taking it well so far. Yet seeing Pinkie react so strongly shortly followed by her words that it was okay for Wanda to be flawed, that she still trusted her despite her past actions, reminded him briefly of his conversation with the pink haired girl earlier that day. She hadn't known about what he had done and he hadn't planned to tell her unless he saw a reason to. Now, he'd tell her if she asked. Even then, he wasn't sure how much of it she'd take well if any at all.

Burying himself into his jackets high collar, his free hand hesitantly reached out for one of hers when she'd lower them from being raised, his gloved one giving her hand a gentle squeeze. Even if she didn't seem to need the comfort now, even if she seemed to bounce back a bit from hearing something bad and it made her feel terrible moments ago he wanted her to know they were here for her. The same for Usagi as well. His gaze would land on both girls then, as he nudged Pinkie with his shoulder.

ERoaERcUcAATHrB.jpg

"Here." He offered, albeit somewhat awkwardly as he presented her notebook and crayons to her with his other hand, realizing that he was technically interrupting the conversation being had. Smooth, Atsushi.

Xeppy Xeppy Josh Josh lunar_moth lunar_moth @Others @Outside Movie Theater

Last edited:
Hallway > Room J
doki.pngFor some reason or another, Cater's rambling gave way to silence, broken only when he leaned in close to whisper something in her ear. The sudden intrusion on her personal space was a little unexpected, but it was quickly forgotten upon hearing his words. "L-- Lovers?" she repeated, flinching. Her eyes widened, and her lips pressed tightly together in surprise before she found it in her to voice a response. "H... Wh--...? Y-you..." Or, well. She tried to, anyway. Instead, she wound up stammering incoherently, her mouth opening and closing helplessly as a blush abruptly bloomed across her cheeks. How could he suggest something like that? He was... he was being such a bully. "You can't just say things like that," she mumbled in childish protest, having given up on her vain struggle for an appropriate response to that startling proclamation. Her lips formed into a defeated pout as she averted her gaze and tried to refocus herself. Nevermind the fact that this entire mess had come from her own words. But at least their walk toward Cater's room was eventful enough to help snap her out of it... though, given the solemn shift in her mood, maybe that wasn't such a good thing after all.

"...Ah," she exhaled in relief at Claude's explanation, her unease dimming down just a little. "That's good. I was worried I hurt you," she admitted, almost ashamedly. "But I'm glad I didn't. I'm sorry I surprised you, though... There's just a lot of people here." She wanted to get some room to breathe as soon as possible, but she hadn't wanted to lose track of Claude or Cater in the mess of people hanging around, either. But regardless, right now, she was grateful for this little slip-up. It was a reminder that she ought to be cautious. And after all that had happened today, she felt she owed her friends more consideration. She couldn't keep reaching out to them just because she was scared. Not when it meant risking bringing them harm. So when she went to bury her hands in her dress and Cater attempted to take one in his own, she gently tried to pull free from his grip, shaking her head with a forlorn expression she couldn't hide. Her expression made it clear that she wanted to hold his hand, but she couldn't. Not when she didn't know if it was safe. "I... I can't--" Just as she was about to express such aloud, his words once again caught her off guard.

M... Ma crevette? "My... Shrimp...?" she muttered, confused, but slightly amused. Startled as she was by the words, she lost all opportunity to resist Cater's determined pulling, leaving her to be dragged along to his room right alongside Claude. She eventually snapped out of it, remembering all her worry of before. "A-ah, hey; w-wait! You shouldn't be--" Oh. Welp. Before she could even finish her protest, they'd arrived at his room, and Cater finally released his grip. So much for that. All she could do was exhale in relief, awkwardly shuffling her feet for a moment before following the boys into Cater's room, where she promptly flopped down to a sitting position... on the floor, not far from Cater's bed. Go figure.

With her body abuzz from the leftover anxiety of being in such a crowded space, Marie was quiet for a few moments, simply doing her best to just clear her head and breathe. And beyond even that, it made her feel a little guilty that Claude was left just standing. And just as before, it seemed his first concern was her. What was on her mind, what was eating away at her. But... "You should sit down," she gently implored, a look of concern about her. She wasn't sure she'd figured out how to put her thoughts into words just yet, and they'd all been standing for most of the day; she hoped he would at least take a moment to physically rest while they talked, if nothing else. In fact, she would insist upon it. "The floor is comfortable, too, if you don't want to sit on the mattress." Whether that was true or not was debatable, but given that she'd grown up on the streets, her willingness to accept any surface was just about a given.

Patiently waiting for Claude to oblige her request for him to sit somewhere before anything else, she eventually glanced off to the side, fiddling with her dress as she spoke. "To be honest, I'm not really good with words, so... I'm sorry if this doesn't make sense." Honestly, she expected it wouldn't. But everyone was encouraging her to talk, so she wanted to at least try. "But, um..." Ugh. How was she supposed to explain? And how was she supposed to tell a second person about her curse in a single day? "...mm." It was a frustrated sound, and her brows furrowed in discontentment. This was so hard. She wasn't used to being the center of people's attention. Not like this. Not unless it was an angry mob, anyway.

"...Claude, remember how I told you I wasn't such a good person?" she asked gently, quietly folding her knees up to her chest to hug them close to her. She needed the comfort of arms around her, even if they were her own. That was the safest approach, right now, in her head. "I... I hurt a lot of people. To touch me was to die. I don't know why it was like that, but It's always been that way..." From the day she was born at the foot of the guillotine, 'til the day she had died under its blade, and for two centuries beyond. Such was what it meant to bear the weight of her parents' sins. She slowly shook her head, keeping her sorrowful gaze firmly fixed on the floorboards. She trembled faintly, but tried as best as she could to hold the tears that begged to come out at bay. "I... I never really understood what it meant. I still don't know why I was made this way. But I know it's bad. It's terrible, and awful, and I never even knew it. I wish I could take it all back, but I know I can't. And... and that scares me."

Her grip on herself tightened marginally, and she took another shaky breath before finding it in her to continue. "I don't really know why, but since meeting Ren, things haven't been that way. I haven't hurt anyone unless Ren has told me to, and even those people weren't really... people. Their souls were all wrong." Truly, the LDO was composed of an army of beasts thinly veiled as sheep. Even so, she felt sick knowing she'd spilled any of their blood. "So when I got here, I thought that it was the same here. Nobody's been hurt when I've touched them. It's been... really nice, to be able to hold hands and smile and laugh with everyone. I really like it. A lot." Her expression sank just a little more, and a small, self-derisive smile briefly crossed her lips. "More than I should, I think. Haha..."

Another beat passed, and the smile fell back into utter fragility. "I know that's unfair of me. To be so selfish. It's not logical at all... I feel happy being with you all, but things would be so much better for everyone if we never met." So why did the thought of such a thing make her feel so sad? She didn't want to imagine a life where she hadn't met Cater and the others. "I... I'm sorry. When I went to the place with the moving pictures, I saw you both. Nana and Shinoa, too. We got to go to the amusement park together, and nothing bad happened when we touched. Everyone was safe and happy."

"...But it doesn't make sense."
Her tears were escaping now, but she was beyond paying them any mind. "Why would they show something like that, with people from here...? Doesn't it seem strange? What if that all meant that things are back to how they used to be? I... I don't want to hurt anyone." She'd definitely gotten less and less clear in her speech as she'd gone on, slowly sinking into her own insecurity and fear. She couldn't bear the thought that her curse could be back. She didn't want to be alone in the dark anymore.

Last edited:

Cater Diamond

When Marie attempted to pull away from his grasp, he only held on tighter. He turned with a serious expression on his face, to let her know he wasn’t letting go.

When they arrived in his room, he was a bit put off by the fact that neither chose to sit with him. Marie opted for the floor, and Claude leaned on the wall. Claude he supposed made sense, but why was Marie shy now? They’d already been on the bed together once. However he simply let her be. If she didn’t mind the floor, then that was alright, though there would be plenty of room next to him if either of them changed their minds.

"You should sit down, the floor is comfortable, too, if you don't want to sit on the mattress."

“Aww yeah c’mon Claude~ why’s nobody wanna sit with meee~ (;´∀`)” He extended his arms out to Claude as if to say come here. He was clearly joking, and very obviously not hurt, but he was unsure if a certain someone in the room would pick up on that.

Either way, the conversation continued, and he was silent through most of it.

Marie began explaining some things that he had already heard earlier, presumably for Claude’s sake. He was glad she was able to talk about it more comfortably with others. He especially knew how hard it was to talk about things you didn’t want to, and he himself was especially guilty of keeping things bottled in.

"I know that's unfair of me. To be so selfish. It's not logical at all... I feel happy being with you all, but things would be so much better for everyone if we never met."

As she talked, his hands grasped at the sheets beneath him. He didn’t even look at her. He just stared at the floor. He wasn’t angry or hurt, at least not at her. He couldn’t fault her for thinking something like that. He just kept thinking one thing over and over: She has it so much worse. So much worse. My problems are nothing. Suck it up.

As far as he was concerned, she didn’t deserve anything that had happened to her. She was just a girl trying to live her life in peace, and she was thrown into battle. He got to life a quiet life at school. He chose to study magic and become a mage. She hasn’t had any choice a day in her life. Until now at least. But now despite that new freedom she’s still forced to be in fear of what’s to come.

"I... I'm sorry. When I went to the place with the moving pictures, I saw you both. Nana and Shinoa, too. We got to go to the amusement park together, and nothing bad happened when we touched. Everyone was safe and happy." The mental image sparked a bit of hope in him. Being able to hang out with new close friends, just like normal people. He had his doubts that it would be possible, but nevertheless he still thought that maybe the dream was tangible at the end of this long road ahead of them. He was glad he was in her movie, yet even as he tried to move on the previous thoughts still hammered in his head. So much worse. Suck it up.

He finally lifted his head again, and it was just as he did that he caught sight of her tears falling from her eyes. “Why would they show something like that, with people from here...? Doesn't it seem strange? What if that all meant that things are back to how they used to be? I... I don't want to hurt anyone." She was pleading with whatever higher power in their situation would listen, which was most likely no one.

The tug on his heartstrings finally caused them to snap, and he practically fell over himself getting to the floor. He couldn’t hold back as wrapped himself around the girl tightly, pulling her head close to his chest. Without even realizing he’d done it, a Cater clone appeared on the other side. Now the girl was sandwiched in a hug between two Caters. He still felt the weight of her curse on him, but it was significantly less, perhaps the work of the clone shouldering some of the burden.

“You won’t okay? Shh, it’s alright.” He sighed, attempting to relieve some of the lingering effects. “Things are different here. For most of us the limitations are a curse, but yours are a blessing, and I think you should use that to the fullest. Your movie- your greatest desire; it’s still feasible. We can make it happen! I mean we can’t exactly go to an amusement park right now, but we can still all get together and hang out. Just simple times. I’m so glad to have met everyone, no matter how this all ends. Don’t ever doubt yourself, Marie. You’re a good person.” And he meant that. Truly every word of this whole speech. For once he was being fully honest.

“And you know, my desire was outdated. It was all about how much I wanted Trey, but why would I need him, when I have someone like you.” He smiled, before the realization of what he said as well as the thought that Claude was still in the room hit him. “…guys. You guys! Ahem-“ he chuckled, pretty embarrassed that he momentarily forgot Claude was there.

Still on the floor, he motioned for a Claude to join them. “C’mon Claudey~ bring it in! We can make Marie’s desire happen right?”

Claude von Riegan

Ultimate Stratigist

Room J

"Oh, sure, if you really don't mind. Was sort of just respecting privacy. I mean, the rooms are thenonly place where anyone can have any sanctuary here so just thought to respect it." Claude eased up a bit upon hearing from the both of them that it was okay to sit. He actually found it funny about how Cater teased about no one wanting to sit with him. He opted to sit on the bed for the moment just so that the group could be a bit closer together in the small space and prepared to listen to what Marie had to say.

"So that's why you were so scared earlier...you thought that your curse was going to hurt me, didn't you?" the Ultimate Stratigist reasoned, giving a look of thought. "Well, you know, it's a good thing magic seems to be limited here! You don't have to worry about your curse. We're all fine! So I think you're safe to relax as long as you're here. Magic doesn't seem to be something that Monokuma is going to just give us all back. So I don't think you need to worry. If it was gonna come back, wouldn't it have already?"

For the rest good bit, Claude sort of zoned out as Marie and Cater spoke. They way they spoke, he swore that they were a couple in the making. Honestly, it was cute. Yet it also reminded him of the playful conversations he sometimss had with Byleth. He didn't want to be the one to ruin their moments so he simoly sat on the edge of the bed. He watched them silently, not intruding but just admiring the cute scene. He only looked up when Cater realized his presence.

"Yeah! Of course!! We'll help you out for sure!" he smiled as he went ahead and joined in the hug. He hooed that it would help reassure her. He really never hugged anyone exceot Byleth so he couldn't helo but feel a bit akward. "We'll find a way to get through this. We have to...."

Room J
crying.pngRelieved that Claude went to sit alongside Cater after all, all Marie could do was do her best to hold herself together despite the troubled thoughts weighing on her heart. Had she any clue as to just what Cater himself was thinking as she explained her issues, she likely would've tried to convince him he was wrong. His problems mattered, too, and he deserved to be happy just as much as anyone here. But since he didn't give voice to those intrusive thoughts, she was none the wiser, lost within her own storm of concerns.

Hearing Claude's question about her earlier fearful reaction, she gave a small, slow nod, an unmistakable look of shame on her face. "...That's right," she admitted, softly. "I... I'm really sorry. I think I've been careless. It isn't fair for me to do things like that. Not when it could put people in danger." She should have thought about that sooner. How could she be so foolish? So blind? It was outright insane just how little she'd thought about the matter until now. However, even more ludicrous yet was the reactions her newfound friends gave to her. Cater's sudden, urgent scramble to reach her side wasn't a possibility she'd even considered, and all she could do was lift her head with a slightly surprised squeak as he flung his arms around her. The first thing she felt in the face of this embrace was relief and comfort, his warmth washing over her and briefly soothing her heart, imploring her to give into the offered reassurance and reciprocate his touch. But doubt was just as quick to fester, her eyes widening as she wiggled slightly despite her desperate longing to stay in the embrace. "A-ah, wait...! W-weren't you listening?" she whimpered, "It could be dangerous. You shouldn't tempt me like this. I-it isn't fair..." It was a pretty pathetic attempt to argue, a faintly childish pout on her face and tears still rolling down her cheeks, but her concern was plain to see. "I know how things are here and everything. I appreciate you both trying so hard to be kind and reassure me. But what I saw...--"

Initially, she'd intended to say that it seemed too strange. That the presence of the friends she'd made here in this place made her wonder if refraining from killing as Monokuma asked meant she would lose them, too, just as she'd been taken away from Ren. But instead of giving voice to that, she realized another set of arms had wrapped around her... and, uh, they weren't Claude's. Her eyes about popped out of her head. "H-huh--? Wh--?" A beat passed as she stammered helplessly, frantically looking back and forth between the pair of Caters hugging her. "T... T-two Caters?!" There was also the possibility of twins, but no. Their souls were identical. They were one and the same. He might've even told her about his special magic before, but there was a pretty big difference between hearing about someone being able to make a clone and actually seeing it. She was about to bombard him with questions about whether or not he was okay, but that effort was nipped in the bud as both he and Claude continued to reassure her.

"I-..." Darn it. She wanted to speak, but how could she even find words in the face of such kindness? The clone thing was still very much on her mind, but the gentle things her friends had to say to her coupled with the impromptu group hug warmed her heart and shook her resolve too much for it to win out in the war of things she wanted to say in the moment. Her lower lip quivered slightly, her tears intensifying enough to completely blur her vision. She couldn't take it anymore. Even if it was selfish of her, even if it was cruel, she just wasn't strong enough to hold back her desire. She threw her arms around her friends, burying herself in their embrace. "Y-you... You are both far too kind," she sniffled, her voice brimming with emotion. "Thank you. I... I want to be good, like you both are." It was a quiet wish, a vow made more for herself than anyone else. With all that she had, she wanted to do better. To find a way to ensure things ended in a way where everyone could have their happy endings. And, truth be told, she wished she could someday find a happy ending of her own, as well. She didn't know if such a thing was really possible for someone like her, but it was nevertheless an unspoken wish held firmly in her heart. She shook her head just slightly as she hugged them, unaware of the fact that her touch still emanated a heavy sense of despair, the faintest hint of a laugh escaping her. "I don't care if it's an amusement park. It doesn't matter where we are. Even if I could never go on the fairest wheel again, that would be fine with me. As long as we make it through this okay... As long as we can be together, and everyone can be happy again... that can be enough."

Oblivious to her blatant mispronunciation, the girl clung to her friends like her life depended on it, drinking in the moment with everything she had. If either of them became uncomfortable and pulled away in the face of her diminished curse effects, or even just the unfamiliarity of the prolonged contact, she certainly wouldn't stop them. But it was plain to see she hoped to cherish the moment for as long as she could, her trembling slowly coming to a stop as the quiet moments went by. She hoped the boys were right. That they would be able to come together, to find a way out of this. She only wished she knew how...

Stiles "Ultimate Sarcasm" Stilinski

" You might be right about that, life wouldn't be half as fun if we knew everything the second we were born. Trust me, I know the feeling. I still am surprised I'm still even alive- not here- just in general. I was erased by something in my world and my friends had to fight to get me back. It was a whole thing."

Louise gave a small smile. "Well, the best stories come from close calls. That's what one of - my friends always tells me, anyway. And he's a storyteller type of person, so I guess he'd know that. "

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  ♡ ♡ ♡  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

DA9D5D5C-5563-4417-9121-01E8C468ADAF.jpeg

When Wanda-san’s finished her story, Usagi….

….blinks. She blinks, and puts a crooked finger over her mouth, and her brow furrows and she makes a face like she’s deep, deep in thought. Her detective face, one might say. The icy-nervous jitters have started to reappear up and down her nerves again, but she makes a point of trying to squash them down into stillness.

(Pinkie’s not fared quite so well with the news. It makes Usagi’s heart throb painfully, the manic giggle that escapes the girl as the only outlet for any more possible emotion. Atsushi pads up to stand near both of them and grips Pinkie’s hand, presents her his meagre offerings, and suddenly Usagi feels such a wave of fondness watching them that she’s able to take a few deep breaths and fold her hands together in front of herself. A picture of oration. For them, she can get a hold of herself. A person can manage just about anything if they have to, she’s come to learn.)

“I think,” Usagi starts, wringing her hands, “….that I’m not entirely…. erm, surprised.

“Wanda-san is a good person. I’ve seen that. I know that. I’ve figured it out for myself, and- and I don’t think learning about what you’ve done in your past changes that, really.

“I’ve… I’ve met a lot of different people in my life, you know. And I know I’m still so young, but you’d be surprised the kinds of people you come across in the Senshi line of work, ehehe. But, um, what I mean is, everyone I’ve ever met in my life, so far…. they’ve all wanted to be good. Deep down. Because being “bad,” Usagi unclasps her hands to give air quotes with her fingers, “It doesn’t make you feel good. Not really. Most people who choose to hurt people do it because they think that’s all they have left.

“And I know that…. well, I mean I can tell that Wanda-san still blames herself for what she did when she was at her loneliest and saddest, and I can’t blame you for that, because that’s something you hold onto for a long time, yeah? That’s not something that ever really goes away or that you ever really forget. It’s important that you don’t, actually, so you remember why it’s worth it for you to do good, but anyway, what I mean is…. I guess that, I don’t know, I think that nobody in the world is too late to ever change and decide to do good. And that means Wanda-san too.

“Being good is a choice, I’ve figured out. You have to choose it again and again, every day. And not every choice you make is gonna be a good one. That’s just how it works out. But it also means that there’s always another chance to try again and make the choice that adds a little bit more kindness to the world.”

Usagi pauses and catches her breath. She casts a glance up at Wanda and then the others, suddenly embarrassed of how many words seemed to just flow right out of her. Her face tints pink and she lifts a hand to scrub at the back of her neck.

“Aha, ahh,,, so what I really mean is, at the end of it all, I think that…. I can’t really blame you for anything you might’ve done, especially not when everything that happened was because you really just wanted to preserve the things that meant the most to you, even if you went about it the wrong way. It might feel different to other people but to me the answer comes easy. How could I ever hold it against someone to try again and make the right choice next time?”

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Josh Josh Xeppy Xeppy Takumi98 Takumi98   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Stiles was quiet for a moment as he listened to her and smiled. " I do feel like if any of us all survive this, it would make an interesting story to tell our friends, though, it feels like that it might be a one leaves or a select few. I'm not sure which case is worse."

"If the world doesn't break first. I - think it's happened? I can't remember. I - want so, so badly for everyone to be safe, but - it feels like there's nothing I can do. Not really. It's all picking choices for the same set path, all converging on the same sad ending. "

Following Monokuma's extra-special film festival, it seemed that the shock of what most had seen put a big damper on the participants. A whole week passed without much happening at all. Monokuma had barely appeared in all that time, only doing his usual announcements and serving food to those who were willing to take it from him.

Things had become so... normal. It was quite the surprise when Monokuma's morning announcement came with something a bit extra.

ma-png.964363

"Everyone! This is a very important announcement! It has been a whole week since you saw the films I prepared for you! In celebration of everyone being such well-behaved boys and girls, I would like to commemorate the opportunity with a very special dinner! You must be at the restaurant at 6PM. No latesies! No skipping out! For those of you underage, you will be given access to alcohol for the evening. Toodle-oo~!"

Everyone knew an event arranged by Monokuma could not be a good idea, but as 6PM fast approached, there did not seem to be anything to do but attend...

themagnoliaofutah themagnoliaofutah Josh Josh Capri Capri lunar_moth lunar_moth LuckycoolHawk9 LuckycoolHawk9 Funnier President Funnier President Xeppy Xeppy Gummi Bunnies Gummi Bunnies Takumi98 Takumi98 Verite Verite AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa Severia Severia Crunch Crunch Miserable Alchemist Miserable Alchemist Mirai-chan Mirai-chan HanikamuKitten HanikamuKitten SilverDingo SilverDingo Charles Babel Charles Babel York York 0ttonomous 0ttonomous [ Crow Crow Crimson Baron Crimson Baron GamblingGoblins GamblingGoblins Kiyoko Tomoe Kiyoko Tomoe R U S T R U S T

Stiles " Ultimate Sarcasm" Stilinski

Before (1 Week prior)

"I mean, I'm not sure what you mean by that, but you are probably right. There is nothing that you can do as one person. There's nothing one person can do to change much. It takes a lot of people to make last change, make a happy ending, or at least one less sad then most. I'm going to head to bed."

Present Day

Stiles had never liked the quiet. The fact nobody had done anything in the week concerned him. What did it mean for the grander scheme of things? He didn't think it meant much. He doubted the bear would be happy, so he headed down to the dining hall, on guard with his bat as always.

Zenterfold Zenterfold themagnoliaofutah themagnoliaofutah @Averyone

Louise sat down at the table, wearing an old-fashioned, 1920s styled gown she had found in her dresser drawer. It felt nice to dress up again - just for a moment, it felt like she was at just another work get-together, or press release, or something like that. Like being a person again. She fidgeted with the string of pearls around her neck, a few of her (slightly neater than usual) curls falling across her forehead as she did so. She looked up to see Stiles, and a small smile crossed her face. She raised up one hand to wave. "Hey. You're early too?"

LuckycoolHawk9 LuckycoolHawk9 Zenterfold Zenterfold @ others

2BCCD514-E727-4343-99CD-B73343DE49D3.gif
Tobi

After everyone went through their own personal movie it was eventually his turn. He stood there quietly, before walking into the theater, the room was silent, until the film started rolling.

He closed his eyes as he slowly reached to his mask and pulled it off letting out a sigh before slowly opening it again. The movie started.

~~~

After he finished watching the movie he stepped out of the theater quietly. He was quiet. He didn’t want to say anything about his experience like the others.

He walked alone to his room. Unattended.

As Tobi was in his room doing nothing he was left alone in his own thoughts thinking about what he watched. He was miserable.

He didn’t need a reminder of what he desired.

How could that bear possibly give him what he desired? He stopped thinking about it, he had to get it back. What he desired.

It wasn’t soon until monokuma got back onto the mic and make an announcement.

He quickly got up and made his way to the cafeteria where he saw the others. He didn’t know if he wanted to eat or drink. He didn’t have too after all.

He simply sat down and observed put his elbows in the table and putting his fingers together revealing a ring on his finger.

He watched from afar.

His attitude was completely different, being childish and annoying to mature and acting a lot more like a grown up. His prescience was oddly alerting and unnerving at that time, what could he watch that would make him so….different all of a sudden?

Stiles had also come dressed up for the special dinner. He hadn't noticed it when he had arrived, but there had been a purple/ red dress shirt in his drawer along with a red pair of dress pants and a blazer in the drawer. It felt weird that he hadn't noticed them, but they did seem to fit the dinner well.

1651628758845.png

He noticed that she was fidgeting with a string of pearls and he didn't blame her. It seemed like a bad thing for them all here. The fact the suit was blood red wasn't lost on him either. "
I figured that it was safe for me to be early then to invoke the wrath of the bear. Doubt that it would be a good thing.My ADHD is good for me being late to things if I get lost in an idea."

"Can't say that it isn't a good idea," she said simply. If this was Mark's doing - which it could be - breaking the rules would have consequences. You don't mess things up, and you don't deviate from the script. The cracks on her face were gone. "It seems our host tends to want things - just so, you know? I just hope no card games are involved or anything. Last time I attended a party, I wound up playing poker - turns out I'm good at it, just - it's so stressful."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back