• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Fandomronpa [Closed]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Claude Von Riegan

Ultimate Stratigist

Music Venue

The Ultimate Stratigist remained silent on the couch, his thoughts racing too much for him to talk. He glanced at Sophie and part of him felt like he ought to comfort her but he just found himself unable to speak. For the first time that he can remember, he actually broke down. He was actually questioning everything he had done up until now and if it was truly even right or if he was nothing more than the coldhearted killer that Monokuma was trying to make everyone here out to be. If he hadn't been so selfish, maybe what he had seen in that video would have been true. If he just dug deeper, tried to understand others more, maybe he ans the Golden Deer students wouldn't have been the only ones to make it through that war. Maybe...truly...everyone would have been able to survive. The reason things ended up how they were was entirely his fault. Somehow, Claude found himself not being as upset about those who didn't beleive in him. Maybe they were right not to. And maybe people like Cater, Marie and Louise shouldn't beleive in him. He was just a selfish man who wanted to end up ruling in the end. Wasn't he...?
He glanced up fron his spot when he heard Marie hum. It was a simple tune, yet it was calming. Happy, yet sad. It fit his mood, even though he didn't realize it. He was happy with his reality turning out the way it had, in all truth. Even if it was partially out of selfishness. Fodlan had a new future to look forward to without the influence of the church or the empire. Everyone was free to seek out their own truths and Crests were no longer what defined a person's power. Everyone could now live knowing they had equal opportunities and did not have the pressure of a Crest weighing on their future. Yet he was disappointed. His selfishness had caused others he knew to not make it. Sure, they refused to waver in their own factions. Sure, any outsider would probably say that they couldn't have been saved but Claude still had this lingering feeling that he just never tried hard enough. He found himself humming along to Marie's little tune, right up until it ended.

When Marie finally finished and voiced how she wanted to help them. Claude couldn't help but smile. Even if he was selfish, the bonds he made here still were true. For some reason he got the vibe that they may not even care about that. Or...at least Marie didn't. Her words truly made him feel that she wanted to help them no matter what else was attached. He slowly stood up and walked over to his new friend.
"Thanks for that." he said simply, giving a light smile to the girl. "It just feels nice to be assured that there's others who care. And that will probably keep caring no matter what. At least...I hope so..."
His confidence wavered again. He found himself unable to keep that confident sona as strongly as he used to. Would they really still want to help if they knew he was probably selfish and costef all those lives...?

Pinkie Pie
Takumi98 Takumi98 + others

Outside of Movie Theater

When Atsushi physically stiffened for a moment at the hug she gave him, her embrace only got tighter, her face becoming one filled with worry for. Did he not like the hug? Was he going to push her away? Was he going to reject it? Oh. Rejection. Getting over the rejection. It... hadn't always been her strong point. For instance, when this one male from her hometown refused to befriend her, she followed him and did acts of kindness for him until he had to become best friends with her. Yeah. Completely normal. Luckily, that scenario worked out in the end, with Pinkie reuniting him with his past lover and earning the right to become friends with him. However, it only showed that Pinkie refused for others to say no. As well, when Atsushi and Pinkie first really met, wasn't he talking to her about how smiles didn't usually help in scenarios they were at, and she just completely shot back all of her opinions on happiness? Yeah.

Plus, Pinkie wanted to hug Atsushi right now. She had hugged Usagi, Wanda, Sophie... but never had she hugged Atsushi yet. It was strange. Why hadn't she embraced him before if he was so comforting and warm now? If he had the calming presence whenever his touch was against hers? Then, that's when Pinkie realized. She didn't just want Atsushi to stop hugging her right now because she didn't want rejection. She didn't just want Atsushi to stop hugging her because she simply wanted to hug him. She needed to hug him. She needed his comfort. She needed his warmth. She was so cold inside right now. It was a chilliness that she was so unfamiliar with. She felt so sad, so empty that she could burst into tears at any moment. Yet... the hug somehow minimized that right now. Did she just simply hope that the warmth from the hug would stop the ice slowly growing inside her after seeing people die, after failing to make people around her smile as much as she wanted them to? Did she simply just hope that the one hug from Atsushi could fix her right now?

She so desperately wanted the warmth that came from the Magic of Friendship. She wanted the warmth inside her chest that came from seeing others smile. She wanted the bubbly, eager feeling that she used to get every single second of her life. She wanted the warmth that she would always get from her best friends at home. From pranking people on April Fools with Rainbow Dash. From baking apple treats with Applejack with her fruit supply. From having a pet play day with Fluttershy. From going on random adventures with Twilight Sparkle. From bombarding Rarity with design ideas. She wanted the warmth. She missed the warmth. She needed the warmth. And, as if a sudden reminder, a voice popped up in her head.

"After seeing everything you have and knowing our power... can you really think this is impossible? All you have to do is kill and this can all be yours! This can be your new reality. Your Ultimate Desire!"

She missed them so much. It was easier to block out the missing when making new friends, when trusting that her friends at home would save her soon... but she couldn't deny the numbness that she got from being without them. She did so much with them. She got into so many fights with them. She amended those fights with them. Whatever they all did, they did together. Yet, here she was. Placed into this killing game, all by herself. Placed into a new horror, without any of her friends with her. Placed into a place incapable of any smiles, forever in despair.

Why was Pinkie the one who was kidnapped to come here, anyways? Why not Twilight Sparkle, who was the Princess of Friendship and much more important than Pinkie Pie? Why not Rainbow Dash, who is a famous Wonderbolt and would most likely get the audience's attention much more than Pinkie ever could? Why not Rarity, who could capture everyone with her beauty? Why not Fluttershy, who was the kindest person alive, or even Applejack? Why was Pinkie Pie plucked up from somewhere, placed here all by herself with no one, no one by her side?

"You're kind, Pinkie. Thank you."

Except she wasn't alone. Except she had people by her side. Atsushi was by her. Sophie, Wanda, and Usagi were her friends, and had been by her. She wasn't alone. She wouldn't go alone through this, and she wouldn't let them go through this alone. At Atsushi's confirmation that he accepted the hug, she further leaned into him in support. Tears started rolling down her face, although it wasn't because of panic or sadness like before. The tears that rolled down her face were warm, like Atsushi's body now. Her tears were out of pure relief. She didn't know why she was relieved, or why she was crying because of it, but she just... was. Was she relieved about what Atsushi said? Or because he accepted the hug? Or because of what he said? Her brain tried to wrap her mind about why, but everything was so confusing right now.

At Atsushi's offer to walk her to her room, the white-haired boy would be able to feel her body relax. However, to counter this relaxation, a simple word came from her mouth. "No." She shifted her hug, having a second's pause, collecting her thoughts and emotions. "I'll walk you to your room. Oh, wait. We can walk each other to each other's rooms today." Based on the way she was talking, by making absolutely no sense, Pinkie had cheered up a little bit. Perhaps the warmth from the long hug was helping the coldness inside, helping the guilt of being happy after people died.

But, regarding what Pinkie said, clearly, they couldn't walk the other person to their room at once, but when was common sense ever a Pinkie thing?

"Oh. Exploring." Pinkie's mind process went to what Atsushi was saying to her as she tried to forget everything she was thinking about earlier. She wanted to forget everything that was happening. She wanted to forget. And... to be honest, it was easier to try to do that when she was in Atsushi's hug. It was consoling. His warmth was sort of like an escape from everything, like Sophie's piano playing was.

She closed her eyes for a moment, and even though she was trying to clear up her mind of everything, one memory sprang up. It was of someone's actions earlier. What was that person's name again that she was thinking about? Cater? Yeah, Cater. Seeing him at the Music Venue earlier awakened a blurry memory of hers now. He... even though they were all sad earlier at the trial, he still walked over and made Menma smile. Even though he himself was probably saddened about what was about to happen, he befriended Menma. Even though everything bad was happening, he went over and made himself strong. Pinkie had to be like that to make her friends smile, to see people around her smile. She had to be strong and become stronger every step here.

She needed to be like Atsushi here, too, who could comfort others even through the darkest of times. She needed to be like him, where even though he was crying, had the strength to walk over to her. She needed to be like him, where even though he was hurt earlier, still had the strength to come comfort her when she was panicking. She needed to be strong so she could bring smiles to her friends.

"We'll have the bestest time exploring tomorrow. But..." Pinkie was now using her normal vocabulary, which was probably a good sign. "But I get to choose the first area we go to first!" Aaaand there was the lovable, needy side of Pinkie Pie. Slowly but surely, she would become better. Maybe she would even get better faster than others. She was the Element of Laughter, after all. Maybe she would fully become Pinkie again! Well, unless another person died.

At Atsushi's loosening of his grip, she lightly pulled away from him, slightly confident that he was feeling at least a little better than before. He wasn't crying anymore, so that was good. But, even as she pulled away, she attempted to grab his hand again subconsciously as she sat next to him again. It was sort of a routine, now, with how much Atsushi had done it to her.

When Atsushi set his gaze on the crumpled piece of paper, along with the rest of her supplies, she made a face of recognition of being reminded to give him the card again. At his question, she simply now made a face of guilt. "Oh. Those thingies. I'm... I'm sorry. I lied before. I lied more than a professional liar. The hypothetical thingy-migigy I was talking about before... it was actually real." She grabbed the card as she said this, but as she did so, she saw the priest-man in her sight. Hm? Was it his turn? What was he doing? Was he waiting for someone, like Pinkie was earlier with Atsushi? She squinted at him for a moment, but currently, he seemed more focused on the entrance of the movie theater. She turned away from the male, her attention on Atsushi and the card again. "I'm super-duper sorry. I wanted to see how you reacted without ruining the surprise. I wanted to..."

I wanted you to be happy.

Silently, she offered the card to her male friend. She raised it slightly, giving the quiet message that he should take it. If the boy looked closely at her, though, he would be able to see her arm shaking slightly as she held the card. This was because uncharacteristically negative thoughts were running through her head. Atsushi said he would be happy if she gave him a card earlier, but what if he was disappointed by it? It was wrinkled. It had badly drawn hands inside of it. What if he didn't like it? What if he actually wasn't happy with it? What would she do then?

I want you to be happy.

Atsushi blinked in surprise as she refused his offer to walk her to her room, only to be further surprised when she offered to walk him to his. Quickly followed by her saying that they could simply walk each other to their room, which wasn't possible.

He decided that he'd leave it be for now, as warmth settled in his chest at the fact that she was starting to sound more like herself. His gaze softened when she claimed she'd pick where they would go first tomorrow, and the corner of his mouth twitched upwards for a second, though he quickly missed the warmth of her embrace he gave her hand a squeeze when she took his.

"I look forward to seeing where we'll go first." He replied, though when Pinkie started apologizing, he grew worried for a second then came to understand when she finished.

Watching as she handed him the crumpled card, he carefully took it from her shaking arm with his free hand as if it were something precious. That tight feeling was back in his chest, and he almost considered seeing the only doctor among the group about it. He handled the card with care as he took it in, the drawing and the words written on it.

This was a gift that she made for him without needing to do so. Trying to blink away tears that were starting to well, his gaze landed on Pinkie again, though seemed to have noticed Kotomine's presence by then even as the man had seemed more focused on the movie theaters entrance. A growing sense of embarrassment and unease started building in the pit of the white-haired boy's stomach, but gave Pinkie's hand a squeeze and returned his focus on her to ground himself before he could potentially panic. He knew that it was silly to panic over the priest being in the vicinity, yet after seeing the face of the director the last person he wanted to see right now was the older male.

He studied Pinkie for a second, and his eyes softened again as the smallest hint of a smile was on his face.

"Thank you, Pinkie Pie. I..." he trailed off before looking back down at the card as he tried to collect this thoughts.

"I think this is the first gift I've gotten that makes my chest feel...warm?" Was warm the right word? He was happy, no doubt, as he told her he would be, yet that lingering thought that he didn't deserve a gift like this was there in the back of his mind.

Funnily enough said thought sounded a lot like the orphanage director. Though Wanda's voice suddenly cut in through the harsh words with something she had said earlier.

"You just make room for the pain and the shame, Atsushi. You promise yourself "never again." but realize you might slip."

The ache had tried to come back, but it wasn't as strong now as it was before.

"This friends thing is kind of scary, but I'm glad that I can call you one." He admitted loud enough for hopefully only Pinkie to hear.

Before the movie.
View attachment 972518
Listening to the boys' words, a smile ran from Wanda's father. "You just make room for the pain and the shame, Atsushi. "You promise yourself "never again." but realize you might slip." Wanda's eye starred at the young man. "I've done things that make the things you done pale in comparison. " The witch's lips quiver. "I've killed people I loved, the man I loved. I've lost control, unfathomable monsters hijacking my abilities and doing things because I left myself vulnerable." A long pause. "I committed a Genocide on my, who i thought, were my own race of people. Millions of them losing their powers, some ended up dying from that. Why? Because I was weak, and I didn't want to be me anymore. Millions of mutants left to only one-hundred-ninety-eight. They called it M-day"

The witch left details out, on how it connected to the loss of her twins. At the moment it didn't matter. "I've tried to make it up to them, and now, there are millions more. But somedays? Somedays I cry all day. Others, I just lay in my bed and watch tv. Too depressed to get out of bed. However, watching Top chef all day can only do so much." Before the witch could add more, the two had to leave. "We can pick this up later."

As Wanda's movie started. It was a perfect life. However, she had seen this before. why? Because she made this life before.

A perfect sized house, as young Billy and tommy played outside on the lawn. They wrestled around like young boys do. Wanda watch from the kitchen. The birds chirped as the spring air blew outside. It was peace, it was everything she wanted.

Wanda pulled herself out being in tranced, the witch spat angrily. "I've seen this movie before bear. I don't much care for repeats"

Back in the movie, Wanda was cooking. It was joyful. The phone rang. It was her husband. His voice was no-descript. "Oh? You're on way? That's Wonderful dear. Our guests will be her soon!"

Soon, people started showing up. friends from her time in the avengers. As they all gathered, Wanda felt complete. Whole. The movie. there was more, but Wanda pushed it out of her head. The dream was over. In more ways than one.

View attachment 972517
"Ways that as bad for you two as it was for me?"
Takumi98 Takumi98 lunar_moth lunar_moth Xeppy Xeppy

Upon noticing Wanda, Atsushi simply nodded to her question. Even when she had told him that they would continue their discussion later he had simply nodded, despite the fact he wasn't quite sure what else could of been said on the matter.

Xeppy Xeppy Josh Josh + anyone else @Outside Movie Theater

Last edited:
Marie - Ultimate Decapitator
Music Venue
HanikamuKitten HanikamuKitten Icee Icee Capri Capri
nikkori.pngMarie admittedly felt a little guilty about cutting Cater off after how excited he'd seemed, but given it was a little too late to fix it, she just had to hope he could forgive her later. It didn't feel good knowing she'd upset him twice in a row, but maybe her plan could help him some just like she hoped it'd help Claude and Sophie. With that in mind, she got to work, determined to do whatever she could to help her new companions out. And, much to her surprise, it went far better than she could've anticipated; before she knew it, the sound of gentle strumming began to accompany her, as did Claude's voice, all collecting to form a tune both melancholy and heartwarming. This unexpected development honestly lifted Marie's spirits, her heart fluttering with joy at the notion of having been able to provide her friends a distraction, no matter how fleeting. Something they could all partake in that brought them closer together. Something she could say was a true, positive contribution; a moment she felt a sudden urgency to preserve safely in her memory for as long as she lived.

Moved by how well the impromptu tune had gone over, the blonde couldn't help but smile brightly. Her prior sorrows were temporarily cast to the wind. Something about what they'd all just shared felt deeply precious and healing, and the song they'd made together had washed the recollection of the cursed crimson chorus from her mind. She knew things weren't perfect; the weight of her own troubles and past were still heavy on her heart, as was the bear's promise of suffering in their future. But right now, they all had each other. And that was what mattered most. If they could all share connections like these, breed love and understanding instead of hatred and spite, then maybe they could change the outcome of their fates. Maybe they could work together to make things okay again. Maybe they could win.

"...Thank you all," she spoke, softly, clutching her hands close to her. "I think it sounded much better with your help." To her, performing music on its own brought comfort, but something about having people she cared for join her in song was enough to thoroughly warm her heart. Perhaps it was because of her newfound appreciation for companionship. Or maybe it was because, in the past, her song had been solely sung for Cagliostro's viewing pleasure. He would simply watch and praise her, like a bird in a cage. But this was new, and different, and held so much more meaning. She didn't know if it had meant quite as much to the others as it had to her, but she nevertheless became a bit more shy, fiddling with her dress as she went on. "Maybe... we can do this again, sometime soon. I would very much like that."

With Claude's bright smile shining upon her as he moved to her side, though, she found herself feeling a little more at ease. It was reassuring to see that expression on his face again, and it was even moreso when it seemed to be in response to her efforts. It made her feel happy, and his thanks only heightened that feeling. She perked up a bit, genuinely ecstatic that she'd been able to achieve what she'd been shooting for, but simultaneously a tad unsure of how to even proceed from here. Fortunately, though, his words clued her in, and she nodded without hesitation. "I'm just happy I could help," she assured, sincerely. "And I think I get what you mean. I feel the same way. I... did some very bad things, before," she admitted, her voice growing a tad quieter and her gaze falling to her lap. "I've only really told Cater, but it hurts to keep it secret. It's scary. And I want to be better than the me I used to be. So if it's okay with you, I... I want to keep making you smile. You and all my friends here." Solemn as she'd seemed as she spoke of her past wrongs, she now seemed equally determined, a distant gleam in her eyes. "You're all good people, so... I will keep caring, no matter what. And I'll do everything I can to make you all happy."

It was a big promise to make, and certainly one that would be impossible to maintain in this place, but Marie didn't care. She valued the friends she'd made here and the experiences they'd shared. If it came down to it, she would be perfectly prepared to throw her own life away to save theirs. Whatever it took. After all, there was no meaning to an existence spent in total solitude. No point in living forever if she would be eternally alone.

"...Ah." Cater's interjection made her frown faintly. "Is it really time already?" Truth be told, after seeing how the others were reacting to their movies, she didn't really like the idea of leaving Cater alone to deal with his. She wished she could go in with him, but if that was really out of the question, she supposed she could at least wait outside. But likewise, she didn't want to completely abandon Claude or Sophie here, either... "Um, hey... Would you two want to come with us?" she wondered, hopefully. "I like the idea of sticking together. And I don't really want to leave Cater alone, either. But I won't make you if you don't want to. So it's up to you. Otherwise, I guess we could all meet back here after?"

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  ♡ ♡ ♡  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

57EAF43A-0A81-4FCA-B9EA-386091FFB651.jpeg

The glitter pens and pad of construction paper from the gift shop quickly go forgotten, shoved hastily in her pockets upon receiving the newest announcement.

Usagi sits in the theatre chair, staring up at a screen that seems to span for miles in all directions. It’s blank for a moment, like it’s practically hesitating to show her something, before it flicks to life and an image appears upon the screen. No, images.

A video. It’s been filmed in third-person, and Usagi stiffens as she watches the lens zoom out and focus upon her own silhouette. There’s no mistaking the girl onscreen— it’s her, without a doubt, even filmed from her back like it is. Usagi’s heart begins to hammer in her chest just like that of her namesake. So many questions. So few words for them. Who- who filmed this? And when? And how did she not notice?! Surely, she would have noticed if a film crew had appeared behind her and started recording, wouldn’t she—??

A hand slips into hers onscreen. Usagi can’t hold back a full-body jerk of surprise. They filmed Mamo-chan, then. They know what he looks like. And if they know what he looks like, then that means he’s in danger too, because—-

The camera pans up, then, zooms in. And no, wait. Suddenly she’s not looking at Mamo-chan’s gentle face peering down at her onscreen, but instead it’s a woman’s face. She’d recognize that face anywhere. Jet-black hair in soft ringlets framing her face. Whitish skin, sharp cheekbones, and a smile that’s just on the right side of teasing. That ridiculous ponytail draped over one broad shoulder. A noise escapes Usagi, the real Usagi, and she clasps her hands over her mouth belatedly.

Seiya Kou tilts her head at the camera and leans over to plant what Usagi can only imagine is the softest kiss on her fictional doppelganger’s crown of her head. Her own face feels like it’s flaming. Usagi glances around the theatre just to make sure she’s the only one inside still.

There’s no way this is real. There’s no way what’s happening on screen is in any way grounded in reality. Seiya’s never looked at her that way, not really. Seiya’s not even here anymore, not on Earth, she’s back home on Kinmoku, busy serving her beloved princess because Usagi couldn’t bear to keep her so selfishly when she already had Mamo-chan, who she hardly deserved either.

As if on cue, the camera pans away from the— er, couple —and reveals something else that makes Usagi’s heart quake. The film shows Mamo-chan, her dear, sweet Mamoru, holding Chibi-Usa on his hip as he steps upon the grassy hilltop where Seiya and dream-Usagi sit cross-legged together. The setting sun frames his scruffy black hair so delicately, but the look on his face when he approaches the two of them and sits, placing Chibi-Usa in his lap with gentle hands, is enough for the dam to break and real-Usagi’s eyes to begin dripping tears. She sniffles into her sleeve while the dream-Mamoru smiles so lovingly down at her, and he’s begun to say I can’t wait to meet up with the other Senshi tomorrow for the fireworks show, or something else as equally easy, and then he takes dream-Usagi’s hand in his and Seiya holds her other one and the two of her lovers the two of them bracketing her knock their knees together and then somebody laughs, warm and rich, and Chibi-Usa’s clambering into dream-Usagi’s lap with shining eyes and grabby hands and a wide smile and it’s just all so easy, it’s so easy, and simple, and gentle, and okay, everything’s okay and nobody’s hurting, everyone she loves most is safe and happy and holding her hand and promised to still be there tomorrow, and- and- and—

And then it’s over.

Usagi sits alone in the darkened theatre. She buries her face in her hands for a long moment and listens to her own stuttered breathing.

…​

She shuts the theatre door behind her as quietly as she can. The click as it latches still makes her cringe, and she slowly drags her gaze up from her feet to peer at the little huddle of people waiting outside the theatre.

She knows her eyes are still puffy, which isn’t anything they all haven’t seen before, but somehow Usagi feels flayed. Wide open for everyone to see. It’s like if they look too hard at her they’ll know exactly what she saw in there, and she doesn’t know if— if she can handle that now. Usagi’s barely been able to handle that herself. If one had asked her to describe her greatest desire, she never, ever, could have put into words what she’d seen, and it feels nearly violating to have it forced out of her subconscious and literally projected for her to see. She feels dizzy. She feels a bit dirty. She feels like any second now someone’s gonna pop out of nowhere and- arrest her, or something, for daring to ever consider a reality like that.

After a beat of attempted eye contact, Usagi’s gaze falls back to the floor. She nervously scuffs her toes together.

“Hi,” she says to the others whisper-soft, because that’s all she can think of to say.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  @/Everyone waiting outside the theatre  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Pinkie Pie
Takumi98 Takumi98 Josh Josh lunar_moth lunar_moth + others

Outside of Movie Theater

When Atsushi took the card from her thin hands, her palm still remained in the air after in quiet hesitation. Her eyes, usually filled with a child-like excitement, had an unusual amount of concentration in them as she stared at Atsushi's face/actions. Before, the look of concentration only came on her face when she was eating any sort of treat or sweet thing, yet it came on now when she was seeing if her card would work as she wanted it to. It came on now when she was seeing if her card would make one of the people she deeply cared about smile, or at least show a hint of happiness.

The white-haired boy was now looking at and reading the card, with Pinkie staring at him the entire time. Anxiety gnawed at her pounding heart as she nervously awaited his reaction. It wasn't impatience... yet at the same time, it was. It was a confusing emotion to have. Anyways, she normally glimpsed over many little details, but she was now trying to take in as many as possible. So, with all of this worry and concentration, it didn't help the negative thoughts inside of her head when she noticed Atsushi trying to blink tears away. The pink-haired girl clearly didn't understand that Usagi's tears earlier were good ones, so at Atsushi's tearful reaction that he tried to blink away, she felt disheartened again. Her hesitant hand that used to be frozen raised slightly, as if she were prepared for the boy to start crying and for her to wipe his tears again.

It was strange. Pinkie was fully studying Atsushi while he was studying her. They were most likely studying each other for different reasons, though. Her attention was on his eyes, so when the boy looked at the priest-man, she quickly followed his gaze, leading to the curiosity of why the Ultimate Priest was just standing there. Very quickly, though, she turned her attention back to her male friend. She was currently trying to see if there was any disappointment and sadness in his gaze on the card. She expected it, really, but there was a different look in his eyes. The look that soon appeared in them shocked her. It shocked her enough to drop her arm ready to wipe away sadness. The look... it was a soft look. One accompanied with a squeeze to her hand. All good signs, not what she was expecting. Her face filled with surprise before giving a soft squeeze back.

And... the soft look was accompanied with soft words, along with... something she did not expect. Pinkie's eyes widened, but for a good reason. The boy had right there all she wanted from others. A smile. The smallest bit of a smile was on the Ultimate Beast's face. It was only a tiny hint of one, yes, but it was still a smile. Like a child experiencing their favorite treat for the first time, Pinkie's eyes sparkled and glimmered with awe as she continued looking at Atsushi. Like when Usagi and Sophie smiled earlier, Pinkie focused all of her attention on the upside-down frown apparent to her. The brightness in her eyes only increased when he said that the gift brought him warmth, and the usual excitable bubbling that was always in her chest burst back up again.

With a BOING! of one of Pinkie's strands of hair, she put up the hand that wasn't intertwined with Atsushi's in a victory raise, saying out louder than usual, "Pinkie Mission Success!" While it was true that Pinkie was horrified at Menma's and Trixie's death, she was the Element of Laughter. She was born with the purpose of happiness and smiles. She couldn't help getting good feelings inside of her whenever she saw those close to her happy. She couldn't help being contagious to others' peoples smiles and good feelings. Usagi had given her a smile today, Wanda had when she looked at her card, Sophie gave one when they first entered the Music Venue, and Atsushi did now. All her friends here smiled today, which is 5 more smiles than usual. This was why Pinkie cheered up now.

But... that didn't mean Pinkie forgot about Menma and Trixie's deaths. They were still in her mind. They would continue staying in her mind. She wouldn't be surprised if she never forgot how they died, one of them in front of her as she did nothing. But, now that she cheered up a little, she was now in the optimistic mindset again. Menma was filled with despair at the trial, and Trixie felt so desperate for getting out that she tried to hurt someone... so Pinkie knew they must not have been as happy as she wanted them to be. Despairing. That's what they were. And that's why...

...that's why Pinkie knew that they were in a good place now. They were in a safe place filled with happiness now. What Pinkie saw in her movie earlier... they were probably in a place like that! The movie was fate for them! A place filled with fun, a place filled with best friends and loved ones, a place filled with cotton candy clouds! Pinkie knew that they were in a place like that right now, a place where they could be happier than they ever were here. And while they were in pain... bloody, gruesome pain before they died... they would never experience that again from where they were. They would always experience hope and life.

And since they were in a happy place right now, Pinkie should be allowed to be happy as well! The last thing people in a happy place would want is for people to be sad. That would ruin their own happiness!

But, even as Pinkie had these very hopeful thoughts, a heavy feeling was still against her heart from seeing the first dead bodies of her lifetime. A heavy feeling still remained. But being a magical element of laughter and having her friends' smiles around her helped with the dread. Being filled with hope with her optimism helped as well.

At Atsushi's final remark about how he thought friendship was a bit scary, and how he was glad Pinkie was his friend, her face had a mixture of conflicting emotions. The emotions were happiness, sadness, and confusion. Scary? He thought friendship was scary? The thought seemed so confusing to Pinkie. Everything in her own life was full of friendship. Her own existance was friendship. Why did he think it was scary? Even with this confusion, she gave a small smile to Atsushi. "Don't you worry, Atsushi. If friendship is scary, I'll protect you from it... with my friendship!" The sentence couldn't have made any sense coming out of her mouth, as it was very contradicting, but Pinkie said it as if it were completely normal. If Atsushi really looked deep into the meaning of what she said, though, he would understand that she was, in simple terms, saying she wanted to protect him, and she would be by his side with the things that frightened him. "I'm super-duper glad I'm friends with you, too! You make me happy! And..." Sad sometimes. Like when he didn't think he himself was a good person. She didn't voice these thoughts out loud, but for a second, her facial expression was filled with sadness. It quickly became joyful, though, and repeated her statement. "You make me happy!"

And then Wanda came over. Pinkie waved in a friendly way at her, as she normally would at home. She hadn't seen the woman since she played the piano and left, so it made Pinkie feel nice inside seeing her. When the Ultimate Witch first came up to them, Pinkie started saying, "Hi, you-!"

"Was that as bad for you two as it was for me?

Oh. The movies. Pinkie... she didn't know what to feel after seeing her video. She couldn't wrap her mind around it, and how her friends and her deepest desires got shown to her. However, at the remembrance of all the movies in general and how they were supposed to kill when seeing them, her face fell. The good news was that her puffed up strand of hair didn't fall down, though. In the few moments of her sitting there, thoughts swarmed throughout her head until she had to physically shake her head to remove them. It seemed as though if Pinkie was still fighting for her happiness, she would always shake her negative feelings away. The shaking of her head slightly tilted her crown, however, so as she fixed it back, she answered the woman.

"Bad?" Her face had a confusing expression, as if she were trying to figure everything out herself. The crown was now fixed. "I... I don't know. I just... wanted it. I want it, Wanda. I want it so much." Her grip on Atsushi's hand hardened as she soon tried to find an explanation. An explanation. An explanation. She couldn't find one. "The only bad part was... what Monokuma said after it." About murdering. "But I'm sure none of us would do what he says! Besides our bestest friends here, there are bunches of good people! Like... like Clementine! She's always saying cool-person things, like when she argues against Monokuma. And... uh... that girl! Marie! She seems super-duper smart!"

After everything that happened this past week, it was all Pinkie could do to trust others. To trust that nothing bad like that would happen again. To trust that they wouldn't do anything bad to others. But Pinkie had not fully cheered up. Even though she now spoke more cheerfully, a major portion of her hair was still straight. A little bit of sadness was still in her eyes. Who wouldn't still be sad and panicked inside after all of these events? Two people died, and Pinkie would never escape from the memory. Even with all this, though, Pinkie had to hold on to happiness as much as she wanted to.

She attempted to place the hand holding Atsushi's against her chest, as if expecting his warmth to extinguish all the bad feelings going back into the girl. Her heart still rammed against her chest as she thought some more. She wanted so much right now. She missed so many people right now. And... why couldn't she have met Atsushi, Wanda, Sophie, and Usagi on different terms? Why couldn't they just have come to one of her parties, having them all meet and then become friends? Why couldn't they have been introduced somewhere in a random town, then keeping on terms with one another? Why couldn't they have been in a different situation?

With these thoughts, her eyes then landed on Usagi. Usagi! At the sight of another one of her friends, her saddened face got filled with happiness. Usagi was here! The only one that wasn't outside the Movie Theater now was Sophie, who was somewhere unknown. But Pinkie would see her later in their room! Pinkie started waving to the girl, opening her mouth to yell out to her... before seeing her face. When seeing the state of the girl, she closed her mouth and lowered her free hand, being quickly filled with worry. It was obvious the blond-haired girl cried a while ago. What had made her cry? What had happened to the smiling Usagi earlier, who had eagerly agreed to make cards with Pinkie Pie? What had happened in the last few moments that caused Usagi to be like this again? What was in her movie? Pinkie knew she should be by Usagi's side right now...

...but Pinkie was hesitating. She was being hopeful right now, but something selfish inside her made her still sitting. Selfish? Selfish. She didn't even know what it was. Well, until she looked at the person by her side again. Then she knew. She didn't want to leave the comforting warmth of Atsushi, so she wasn't giving warmth to Usagi. The admitted thoughts were very conflicting. Pinkie shook her head at these thoughts, soon loosening the grip she had on Atsushi, although very slowly. After letting go of his hand, she immediately ventured to wrap him in a hug, muttering in repetition, "I'm super-duper glad I'm friends with you, too." Then, slowly again, she let go, soon patting his head once to give the message, Be right back. She looked at Wanda for confidence and for ideas of how to cheer Usagi up before leaping to her friend's side.

Taking the red crown off of her straight hair momentarily, Pinkie attempted to bump her head against Usagi kitten-like. It was a message that Usagi would most likely understand, as the ownership of the kitten-like bump belonged to Usagi. She now placed the crown back on her head, trying to nudge Usagi's foot in reassurance. It was all nostalgic to the pink-haired girl. After these two movements, it was clear that Pinkie was imitating everything that Usagi had done before. The reason why Pinkie did this spoke for itself. Closing her eyes to gather the words she was looking for, she looked at the blond-haired girl in determination. As Pinkie started saying her monologue, the words came to her.

"Hi, Pinkie. It's Usagi. We can be message buddies just for fun anyways."

"Goo
d idea, Pinkie-chan. This'll definitely help raise some spirits."

"Sto
p. Don't hurt her. We'll listen."

"You guys
are so perfect, and so kind, and so strong, and I wish I could go back home and see my family and my girls, but if I have to be here with anyone I’m glad it’s with all of you."

She closed her eyes.

"I didn't mean to let it happen. A sailor senshi is supposed to save people. I'm supposed to save people. I know that. I know that."

"I know, I
know. Everything's horrible and no good right now and so are some people, but we're going to figure it out, we will, we will."

Her eyes opened again.

"What do I do?"

Pinkie Pie didn't know what Usagi saw in the movie theater, or what made the girl sad again, so she simply didn't know what to say. That's why she copied Usagi's words and movements from earlier. With her memory, it was possible for the pink-haired girl to recite her friend's words. Yet, the way Pinkie said it all was different. She said it with a different meaning behind it. The way that Pinkie said it had a message to Usagi: you have people who are watching over you and caring for you. Still staring at Usagi, she paused before giving one final sentence. Whether the girl had been paying attention to Pinkie Pie or not, she still gave her words.

"Usagi-chan. I'm glad you're okay. I'm okay too. We'll figure something out, right? We don't have to hurt each other. We need to trust each other, and have each other's backs."

Pinkie, on purposely, switched out Pinkie and Usagi in the sentence, but other than that, it was exactly what Usagi said earlier. Pinkie Pie even had the "-chan" part down.

Kirei Kotomine

View attachment 972198
In the day following the trial, Kotomine hadn't lost very much sleep over the otherwise harrowing result. For him, it was business as usual. With the mystery of Trixie's murder solved, everyone was able to revert back to where they were before, albeit now with the looming dread of knowing that if anyone were to kill again, failure to catch the culprit would in fact lead to their untimely deaths. It seemed that in the end, the partner system was short-lived; it wasn't even as though Kotomine let the girl die due to willful negligence. After all, it was her own choice to venture elsewhere, but all things considered, the priest didn't feel too guilty over absolving himself of this, nor condemning Menma to death.

An eye for an eye may have made the whole world blind, but justice was already blind, after all.

In the morning, he had silently eaten his breakfast, like he would have any other day. One might have found it fitting that, as a priest, Kotomine led a rather ascetic life, which meant that he was not rather picky about food. Indeed, he viewed the act of eating as nothing more than a means to fuel one's own body, unless it was his one and only favorite dish, but it was fuel he would indeed need to remain in relative shape. Magical superhuman he may have been, but he was still a man in his late thirties, and as Kotomine was not one for a deadly sin like pride, he knew that he had passed his prime, and in times like these, it was more important than ever to keep his body and wits about him.

Following breakfast, he had immediately absconded toward the gym wordlessly, being less than interested in comforting the rest of his fellow survivors over the lives of a murderer and a would-be murderer, and though he was indeed a bit curious about the new areas that were open to him and the others, it wasn't something he considered a pressing matter. With that said, anyone passing by the gym over the following period of time would have been treated to the sight of Kotomine practicing his martial arts with a wooden dummy. Not wanting to stain his priest's garb with his labors, he took the liberty of doing away with his robe and even the shirt underneath, leaving the upper half of his body bare. His clothes hid his defined muscles well, made the most apparent for every time his bulging arms swung at the dummy and then some.

It was only when Kotomine had taken notice of Monokuma's grand announcement that he had ceased his exercises, and with a reluctant breath, elected to make his way toward the Movie Theater. The priest was keen enough to know that this was surely another scheme, as tasteful as a practical joke, from the bear and his audience, but all things considered, there was no reason not to play along, not when it seemed these so-called movies were customized and tailor-made for everyone here.

Compared to the others, Kotomine was in and out of the theater faster than expected. He exited the theater with his usual, infuriatingly calm and composed demeanor. It seemed that whatever the movie that was shown to him entailed, it was shorter than most of the others. Indeed, as someone who was raised to abstain from desire since birth, Kotomine had been built to be immune to worldly desires and personal wishes, but of course, no one was perfect, and it was that perfect flaw in his personality that allowed Monokuma to show him the one thing he could possibly wish for, if he were able to get his hands on that Holy Grail one more time.

But of course, the one thing Kotomine wished for... Perhaps it was best not to share with the rest.

So, instead, he stood upright silently, waiting for the rest of the list to go through their films, and observe their reactions.

It should prove to be an amusing sight, and as for Kotomine's film, the image that was shown to him continued to occasionally flash in his mind all the while...

Others Present: All

Kotomine would find a similar reaction from when Sera left the theater. Not the calm look he usually exhibited, but the usual eye-roll he had seen her do before. "What a bunch of fecking bullshite that was." She let out an annoyed groaned before locking eyes with Kotomine specifically. "Done with this shite too, aren't ya?" Then a quick smirk on her face. "But I bet whatever the fat bear showed you got you really annoyed, didn't it?" She poked and prodded. "You got layers to your grimness. I think the one you're showing right now is...I'd like to say. Annoyed? That's your annoyed face, isn't it?"

Cater Diamond

♦️Hallway♦️
GamblingGoblins GamblingGoblins @theaterhallwayfolks

Cater sauntered into the hallway and spotted Marie instantly.

“Well that’s my video watched. And you know what? I’m good- no- great.” He smiled. It wasn’t a lie either, this moment had made him face things he hadn’t before, and much like his conversation with Marie, given him some closure. She hadn’t asked, but he felt like talking.

“I saw Trey, my um, friend I mentioned before? Except he…” he trailed off, not really sure what to say. He wouldn’t have thought Marie would ever judge him but it would never not be scary.

“He wasn’t really himself. He said he… loved me. That he wanted to, um, be with me. And I-“ No tears, no tears. That’s what he promised himself. He held them back best as possible. He wasn’t sad, but just the thoughts and emotions were overwhelming him.

“But it’s not how he really feels so, it could never convince me to kill anyone. And that’s that. It gave me a lot of closure I needed, too. So I guess, in a twisted way, I should thank Mo-Ku.” He sucked in the last of his tears and put a hand on his hip.

“The videos are of our deepest desires. Monokuma said he could make it come true but I highly doubt it. I just want you to be prepared for what you might see. Know that it probably can’t actually be real. I know you won’t be swayed by his promises though.”

The air was still a bit awkward from their previous interactions. He had hoped she’d have started to forget by now, but he couldn’t either, as much as he tried to. He walked over to the nearby wall and slumped against it, one foot up on the wall. He pulled out his phone.

“Anyway, I’ll be here when you’re done, ‘Kay?” Cater was clearly tired and unmotivated. Even his usual ‘kay’ was half-assed. He motioned toward the theater with his head. Completely ignoring everything else, he began to go through his apps again. He scrolled through everything absentmindedly, much like he’d have done back home. No new messages. Ranks are still the same. Map hasn’t changed. He opened the message app and started making emoji arts while he waited. He eyed the others in the hallway, but didn’t dare intrude on any of them.

Claude von Riegan

Ultimate Stratigist

Music Venue

"I think I've done some not so good things too...." Claude said, glancing down as he thought back to his motive video.
He wanted to forget it but just couldn't. And he couldn't shake off the idea that he had been selfish all this time and his own selfishness was why everyone was unable to have fought in a unified fashion. However, Claude also knew that dwelling on things was not going ro make anything better. His reality was still how it was, even if he wanted it to be different. The only way to change it would be to kill. But could he really do that? Kill an innocent and then let people like Marie and Cater die, just to fix his reality...? But how was it any different than what he'd already done? He shook his head. He can't be thinking like that. Killing is only what Monokuma wants. And even if he or anyone else did kill, who was to say the motove video would actually happen...right??
"It's nice to hear someone really wants to help me though. Even though we barely know each other it means a lot that someone's still wanting to be a hwlp even though we're all on a situation like this where it's life or death and where any one of us could be killed or a murderer. But I think I can trust you. And thanks again for helping. Really. It means a lot. It's kind of something else how such a simple song can lift the spirits just a little." he told Marie with a smile before turning toward the door, seeing that it was getting to be time for others to head to the theatre. The idea of sticking with a group sounded appealing to the archer. For some reason, he couldn't stand to be alone. He felt a lot better travelling with others.
"Yeah. I think I'll come along. I think it'd be good also of we were both there to support Cater as well. Just in case his motive video is hard on him too. I also want to be there for yours too, Marie. If that's okay..."
He found himself viewing Cater and Marie as people he could trust and be friends with. And with that came his want to be a help if he could. He had no idea of what their videos might be but if it was anything like his or some other's, they might need the extra support. As a friend, it was Claude's duty to be that support. And so he would do his best to be in spite of his own pain inside. With those thoughts in mind he began making his way toward the theatre.

FE3H_Screenshot_Claude_%2811%29.png

Hallway

Claude supposed that they had been a bit late as by the time they got to the theatre, their friend already in and watching his video by the time they arrived. He stood by for now. He noticed others around, distressed about their videos but he didn't want to intrude. He was sure that everyone was feeling a bit fragile right now. It would be rude to intrude unless someone specifically asked for his assistance. So he kept silent. He sometimes played with the little wyvern charm on his device or jotted side things in his notebook he had bought earlier as he waited. He didn't want to make the others around feel like he was staring at them or something.

He finally looked up when Cater arrived and began discussing his video. He didn't interruot, but he couldn't help but feel bad. An ideal reality he could never reach, just as his own video was. Though Cater's seemed never possoble in the first place, Claude felt like his may have been if he had behaved differently...
"I...I'm sorry about that. I mean, even if it was never acheivable in the first place it can't be easy thinking of things like that over again." he told his friend. He thought of how difficult it had been to get a relationship with Byleth. He could only imagine how broken he would be if he found she didn't feel the same way. Having your heart set one way and for that other person to ignore you. It must be hard on Cater to even be reminded of it. He let Cater go to have space but not without saying one last thing.
"I'm gonna hang out here too. And if you feel like talking, Cater, I'm here to listen." he nodded toward his friend before moving to sit against a wall as well to await Marie to get done watching her video. Sje was second to last so it may be a bit but he had no problem with waiting if it mwant helping a friend, especially one who made such an effort to help him. However, he wasn't up to par either. He couldn't make much side conversation like usual. He fumbled a bit more with his device but he didn't see a need to check on it again.

Pinkie Pie
Takumi98 Takumi98 Josh Josh lunar_moth lunar_moth + others

Outside of Movie Theater

When Atsushi took the card from her thin hands, her palm still remained in the air after in quiet hesitation. Her eyes, usually filled with a child-like excitement, had an unusual amount of concentration in them as she stared at Atsushi's face/actions. Before, the look of concentration only came on her face when she was eating any sort of treat or sweet thing, yet it came on now when she was seeing if her card would work as she wanted it to. It came on now when she was seeing if her card would make one of the people she deeply cared about smile, or at least show a hint of happiness.

The white-haired boy was now looking at and reading the card, with Pinkie staring at him the entire time. Anxiety gnawed at her pounding heart as she nervously awaited his reaction. It wasn't impatience... yet at the same time, it was. It was a confusing emotion to have. Anyways, she normally glimpsed over many little details, but she was now trying to take in as many as possible. So, with all of this worry and concentration, it didn't help the negative thoughts inside of her head when she noticed Atsushi trying to blink tears away. The pink-haired girl clearly didn't understand that Usagi's tears earlier were good ones, so at Atsushi's tearful reaction that he tried to blink away, she felt disheartened again. Her hesitant hand that used to be frozen raised slightly, as if she were prepared for the boy to start crying and for her to wipe his tears again.

It was strange. Pinkie was fully studying Atsushi while he was studying her. They were most likely studying each other for different reasons, though. Her attention was on his eyes, so when the boy looked at the priest-man, she quickly followed his gaze, leading to the curiosity of why the Ultimate Priest was just standing there. Very quickly, though, she turned her attention back to her male friend. She was currently trying to see if there was any disappointment and sadness in his gaze on the card. She expected it, really, but there was a different look in his eyes. The look that soon appeared in them shocked her. It shocked her enough to drop her arm ready to wipe away sadness. The look... it was a soft look. One accompanied with a squeeze to her hand. All good signs, not what she was expecting. Her face filled with surprise before giving a soft squeeze back.

And... the soft look was accompanied with soft words, along with... something she did not expect. Pinkie's eyes widened, but for a good reason. The boy had right there all she wanted from others. A smile. The smallest bit of a smile was on the Ultimate Beast's face. It was only a tiny hint of one, yes, but it was still a smile. Like a child experiencing their favorite treat for the first time, Pinkie's eyes sparkled and glimmered with awe as she continued looking at Atsushi. Like when Usagi and Sophie smiled earlier, Pinkie focused all of her attention on the upside-down frown apparent to her. The brightness in her eyes only increased when he said that the gift brought him warmth, and the usual excitable bubbling that was always in her chest burst back up again.

With a BOING! of one of Pinkie's strands of hair, she put up the hand that wasn't intertwined with Atsushi's in a victory raise, saying out louder than usual, "Pinkie Mission Success!" While it was true that Pinkie was horrified at Menma's and Trixie's death, she was the Element of Laughter. She was born with the purpose of happiness and smiles. She couldn't help getting good feelings inside of her whenever she saw those close to her happy. She couldn't help being contagious to others' peoples smiles and good feelings. Usagi had given her a smile today, Wanda had when she looked at her card, Sophie gave one when they first entered the Music Venue, and Atsushi did now. All her friends here smiled today, which is 5 more smiles than usual. This was why Pinkie cheered up now.

But... that didn't mean Pinkie forgot about Menma and Trixie's deaths. They were still in her mind. They would continue staying in her mind. She wouldn't be surprised if she never forgot how they died, one of them in front of her as she did nothing. But, now that she cheered up a little, she was now in the optimistic mindset again. Menma was filled with despair at the trial, and Trixie felt so desperate for getting out that she tried to hurt someone... so Pinkie knew they must not have been as happy as she wanted them to be. Despairing. That's what they were. And that's why...

...that's why Pinkie knew that they were in a good place now. They were in a safe place filled with happiness now. What Pinkie saw in her movie earlier... they were probably in a place like that! The movie was fate for them! A place filled with fun, a place filled with best friends and loved ones, a place filled with cotton candy clouds! Pinkie knew that they were in a place like that right now, a place where they could be happier than they ever were here. And while they were in pain... bloody, gruesome pain before they died... they would never experience that again from where they were. They would always experience hope and life.

And since they were in a happy place right now, Pinkie should be allowed to be happy as well! The last thing people in a happy place would want is for people to be sad. That would ruin their own happiness!

But, even as Pinkie had these very hopeful thoughts, a heavy feeling was still against her heart from seeing the first dead bodies of her lifetime. A heavy feeling still remained. But being a magical element of laughter and having her friends' smiles around her helped with the dread. Being filled with hope with her optimism helped as well.

At Atsushi's final remark about how he thought friendship was a bit scary, and how he was glad Pinkie was his friend, her face had a mixture of conflicting emotions. The emotions were happiness, sadness, and confusion. Scary? He thought friendship was scary? The thought seemed so confusing to Pinkie. Everything in her own life was full of friendship. Her own existance was friendship. Why did he think it was scary? Even with this confusion, she gave a small smile to Atsushi. "Don't you worry, Atsushi. If friendship is scary, I'll protect you from it... with my friendship!" The sentence couldn't have made any sense coming out of her mouth, as it was very contradicting, but Pinkie said it as if it were completely normal. If Atsushi really looked deep into the meaning of what she said, though, he would understand that she was, in simple terms, saying she wanted to protect him, and she would be by his side with the things that frightened him. "I'm super-duper glad I'm friends with you, too! You make me happy! And..." Sad sometimes. Like when he didn't think he himself was a good person. She didn't voice these thoughts out loud, but for a second, her facial expression was filled with sadness. It quickly became joyful, though, and repeated her statement. "You make me happy!"

And then Wanda came over. Pinkie waved in a friendly way at her, as she normally would at home. She hadn't seen the woman since she played the piano and left, so it made Pinkie feel nice inside seeing her. When the Ultimate Witch first came up to them, Pinkie started saying, "Hi, you-!"

"Was that as bad for you two as it was for me?

Oh. The movies. Pinkie... she didn't know what to feel after seeing her video. She couldn't wrap her mind around it, and how her friends and her deepest desires got shown to her. However, at the remembrance of all the movies in general and how they were supposed to kill when seeing them, her face fell. The good news was that her puffed up strand of hair didn't fall down, though. In the few moments of her sitting there, thoughts swarmed throughout her head until she had to physically shake her head to remove them. It seemed as though if Pinkie was still fighting for her happiness, she would always shake her negative feelings away. The shaking of her head slightly tilted her crown, however, so as she fixed it back, she answered the woman.

"Bad?" Her face had a confusing expression, as if she were trying to figure everything out herself. The crown was now fixed. "I... I don't know. I just... wanted it. I want it, Wanda. I want it so much." Her grip on Atsushi's hand hardened as she soon tried to find an explanation. An explanation. An explanation. She couldn't find one. "The only bad part was... what Monokuma said after it." About murdering. "But I'm sure none of us would do what he says! Besides our bestest friends here, there are bunches of good people! Like... like Clementine! She's always saying cool-person things, like when she argues against Monokuma. And... uh... that girl! Marie! She seems super-duper smart!"

After everything that happened this past week, it was all Pinkie could do to trust others. To trust that nothing bad like that would happen again. To trust that they wouldn't do anything bad to others. But Pinkie had not fully cheered up. Even though she now spoke more cheerfully, a major portion of her hair was still straight. A little bit of sadness was still in her eyes. Who wouldn't still be sad and panicked inside after all of these events? Two people died, and Pinkie would never escape from the memory. Even with all this, though, Pinkie had to hold on to happiness as much as she wanted to.

She attempted to place the hand holding Atsushi's against her chest, as if expecting his warmth to extinguish all the bad feelings going back into the girl. Her heart still rammed against her chest as she thought some more. She wanted so much right now. She missed so many people right now. And... why couldn't she have met Atsushi, Wanda, Sophie, and Usagi on different terms? Why couldn't they just have come to one of her parties, having them all meet and then become friends? Why couldn't they have been introduced somewhere in a random town, then keeping on terms with one another? Why couldn't they have been in a different situation?

With these thoughts, her eyes then landed on Usagi. Usagi! At the sight of another one of her friends, her saddened face got filled with happiness. Usagi was here! The only one that wasn't outside the Movie Theater now was Sophie, who was somewhere unknown. But Pinkie would see her later in their room! Pinkie started waving to the girl, opening her mouth to yell out to her... before seeing her face. When seeing the state of the girl, she closed her mouth and lowered her free hand, being quickly filled with worry. It was obvious the blond-haired girl cried a while ago. What had made her cry? What had happened to the smiling Usagi earlier, who had eagerly agreed to make cards with Pinkie Pie? What had happened in the last few moments that caused Usagi to be like this again? What was in her movie? Pinkie knew she should be by Usagi's side right now...

...but Pinkie was hesitating. She was being hopeful right now, but something selfish inside her made her still sitting. Selfish? Selfish. She didn't even know what it was. Well, until she looked at the person by her side again. Then she knew. She didn't want to leave the comforting warmth of Atsushi, so she wasn't giving warmth to Usagi. The admitted thoughts were very conflicting. Pinkie shook her head at these thoughts, soon loosening the grip she had on Atsushi, although very slowly. After letting go of his hand, she immediately ventured to wrap him in a hug, muttering in repetition, "I'm super-duper glad I'm friends with you, too." Then, slowly again, she let go, soon patting his head once to give the message, Be right back. She looked at Wanda for confidence and for ideas of how to cheer Usagi up before leaping to her friend's side.

Taking the red crown off of her straight hair momentarily, Pinkie attempted to bump her head against Usagi kitten-like. It was a message that Usagi would most likely understand, as the ownership of the kitten-like bump belonged to Usagi. She now placed the crown back on her head, trying to nudge Usagi's foot in reassurance. It was all nostalgic to the pink-haired girl. After these two movements, it was clear that Pinkie was imitating everything that Usagi had done before. The reason why Pinkie did this spoke for itself. Closing her eyes to gather the words she was looking for, she looked at the blond-haired girl in determination. As Pinkie started saying her monologue, the words came to her.

"Hi, Pinkie. It's Usagi. We can be message buddies just for fun anyways."

"Goo
d idea, Pinkie-chan. This'll definitely help raise some spirits."

"Sto
p. Don't hurt her. We'll listen."

"You guys
are so perfect, and so kind, and so strong, and I wish I could go back home and see my family and my girls, but if I have to be here with anyone I’m glad it’s with all of you."

She closed her eyes.

"I didn't mean to let it happen. A sailor senshi is supposed to save people. I'm supposed to save people. I know that. I know that."

"I know, I
know. Everything's horrible and no good right now and so are some people, but we're going to figure it out, we will, we will."

Her eyes opened again.

"What do I do?"

Pinkie Pie didn't know what Usagi saw in the movie theater, or what made the girl sad again, so she simply didn't know what to say. That's why she copied Usagi's words and movements from earlier. With her memory, it was possible for the pink-haired girl to recite her friend's words. Yet, the way Pinkie said it all was different. She said it with a different meaning behind it. The way that Pinkie said it had a message to Usagi: you have people who are watching over you and caring for you. Still staring at Usagi, she paused before giving one final sentence. Whether the girl had been paying attention to Pinkie Pie or not, she still gave her words.

"Usagi-chan. I'm glad you're okay. I'm okay too. We'll figure something out, right? We don't have to hurt each other. We need to trust each other, and have each other's backs."

Pinkie, on purposely, switched out Pinkie and Usagi in the sentence, but other than that, it was exactly what Usagi said earlier. Pinkie Pie even had the "-chan" part down.

Pinkie, at many points, seemed to go through five emotions in a matter of seconds, and for a moment he worried that he had said something that upset her, but then she said she would protect him, and that warm feeling was back.

When Pinkie's grip on his hand grew stronger as she answered Wanda, he simply gave her another squeeze, before she moved their hands to her chest, and his brows furrowed in confusion at how fast her heart seemed to be beating.

"Are you okay right now?" He asked, tone soft as he studied her again. Her expression held quite a bit of sadness in it, and he wondered if it had to do with the movie or in regards to her hopeful thinking. Was she doubting her own words? While Atsushi himself had a feeling that someone would give in to their ultimate desire, he didn't want to say so in case it hurt Pinkie if he wasn't careful with his words. He instead wanted to let her know that she would have them by her side while here.

Then she let go of his hand, only to hug him. Returning the embrace, he kept a loose hold on her so she could pull away whenever she wanted. Then she patted his head shortly after pulling away, which he had started to lean into. She had went to comfort Usagi then, and the warmth was just a bit stronger because she was going out of her way to comfort a friend even when she was sad earlier.

Meanwhile, he put Pinkie's card away in his jacket pocket, before gathering her things so that when she qas ready to leave he could just pass them along. He did take one of the crayons and wrote something along the first page, something short that'd hopefully make her feel better once opening the book if she ever felt the need for comfort when alone.

We're here for you, so stay strong.

While it wasn't much, maybe it'd be enough. He hoped so, as he put the crayon away and closed the notebook. A good number of people had started to gather now, most having seen their movies and others having yet to go. He'd simply wait for Pinkie and those in his group to be ready to leave.

Xeppy Xeppy Josh Josh lunar_moth lunar_moth @Others @Outside Movie Theater

Hallway > Movie Theatre
Icee Icee HanikamuKitten HanikamuKitten Severia Severia Crimson Baron Crimson Baron @Others
sumasi.png"Huh?" Marie uttered, her eyes widening slightly with surprise. She'd momentarily been lost in a sea of remorse, but Claude's solemn response snapped her out of her funk. The statement, simple as it was, seemed too ludicrous to be true. "Really...? Even someone with a kind heart like yours? That... doesn't seem right." Maybe he was just saying that to make her feel less bad about her own misdeeds? ...No, that wasn't it. The more she looked at him, the more she could see it. That familiar tint of sorrow and shame. The longing to take back actions that could never be undone. She wasn't so sure she got it, though; was it really possible for someone with a good soul to achieve terrible things? And if so, did that mean she could someday become a good person like she saw her friends to be, too? She hoped so, with all of her heart. But right now, her own troubles felt small compared to the war going on in Claude's eyes. Truly, she wanted to help restore a smile to his face. "Well, even if you did some bad things before, and even if we don't know each other much yet... you don't seem bad to me."

Naturally, words could only do so much. She knew that, even with her extraordinarily limited experience with other people and the world at large. But her sentiment was genuine, and she hoped that much would shine through. And honestly, Claude's own words helped her, too, and her smile steadily returned to her face. "I think I can trust you, too. And... I'm glad I could help. Knowing that makes me really happy," she admitted, openly relieved. "I guess music can be something powerful, too." It'd been scary to take a risk like that, especially with the terror she now associated with a certain song, but she was glad that it had paid off in the end. To make her friends happy would be worth it. Always.

Though she was glad that Claude accepted her invite to join her in waiting for Cater, she was a little unsettled by his words. Motive video. Was that the thing that bear had been talking about before? She hadn't really understood what the hubbub was about, but it was indeed clear that nobody had seemed to leave the ordeal unscathed. "I think that's a good idea, too. And I don't mind at all," she assured, trying her best to maintain her smile despite her bubbling uncertainty. Both she and Cater had already dealt with confrontations of less than pleasant memories today... Would they really have to live a repeat once more, all for the sake of that awful bear?

As she and her counterparts made their way down to the movie theatre(Sophie included, should she choose to take up Marie's offer as well), she tried to clear her mind. It didn't work, and she couldn't deny the worry creeping in, but she wished to do all she could to stay strong. If not for her own sake, then at least for the others'. Right now, they needed her, and she couldn't let her troubles stop her from responding to that call. With this in mind, she also sent a message to Nana and Shinoa, awkwardly fumbling with speech to text as per usual. "Strange box, deliver this to Shinoa and Nana: Would you like to meet again soon? We're going to the place the strange bear mentioned in that moving portrait with sound. Please be safe and see us soon. Deliver letter. Ah. No. Deliver--" Some of the text at the end appeared to just be her forgetting the right word to get her message to go through, but it honestly wasn't uncommon that her messages would end up with extra nonsense in them, so it likely wouldn't come as a surprise to either of the girls.

"!"

No sooner than she had finally managed to get her message to send, Cater had evidently returned. With a surprised squeak, she began to drop her tablet. Only, it turned into a comical display, with her struggling through a long effort to catch it. She managed to do so, but it was a difficult battle, and she released a heavy sigh borne of both effort and relief as she clutched the device tightly in both hands... and became a little embarrassed. That was a humiliating reaction to have to a friend's approach. Turning a little red, she looked away, already mid apology before she could really process what he'd said. "A-ah, s-sorry....--"

Wait, crap. He was saying something important. She quickly pressed her lips together tightly, falling silent and simply listening closely to him. And when she noticed how serious he seemed, she felt even worse for her small slipup. Here she was, totally reckless while he was indeed suffering with the same wound he'd brought up earlier, just as she'd feared. Her embarrassment fell away into self-disappointment, but even that didn't last long in the face of what Cater was saying. She couldn't really follow all of it. From what he'd said earlier, it certainly sounded like Trey did want to be with him. Hadn't he even invited him over to spend extra time together? That'd be silly if he didn't like being with him, right? But then, maybe this was one of those metaphors or whatever they were called. The matter seemed too intricate and over her head, but it wasn't hard to glean how difficult it was for Cater. Even if she didn't understand what was ailing him, she still wanted to help.

"I'm sorry, too," she offered alongside Claude, lowering her hands. "I guess there's still a lot I don't know about your relationship with this Trey person, so I can't speak for him, but... I like being with you, Cater. You do, too, don't you, Claude?" If he didn't, he wouldn't have invited them to meet up or accepted coming along here, right? It made perfect sense, in her mind. "Nana, Shinoa, and that girl you stay with, too... We all like being with you. So no matter what, we won't let you be lonely." Although it was something that came from a complete misunderstanding of the situation at hand, Marie's words were heartfelt and warm, and she fully planned to hold them true. Her new friends had begun to fill the void of loneliness that had consumed her whole before, and she wanted to do the same for them, too.

Unfortunately, though, this was one case where she couldn't stay by her friends' sides forever. Cater's warning made her shiver, though she wasn't sure why. She didn't even know what she wanted, or if she wanted anything at all. She still struggled with weighing her feelings versus Ren's, with the two being thoroughly tangled together like a bundle of cords haphazardly stored in the same box and forgotten to time. But honestly, what scared her more than anything else was the possibility of walking in and finding a blank screen. Where would it leave her if she discovered she was so empty that she hadn't even the smallest molecule of longing within her? What if her fears that she was nothing more than a broken reflection of someone else's being were confirmed? What if the tears she'd cried were nothing more than fool's gold?

"..."

The time flew, for her, yet simultaneously moved at a crawl. She was scared. That fact was irrefutable, no matter how brave she tried to be, and she didn't know how to cope with it. She had tried to pass the time in a pleasant way, periodically humming small bits and pieces of improvised tunes, but even that wasn't enough to stave off the dread that grew with every drained face she saw emerge from the theatre. Eventually, the wait was over, and she nervously glanced to the door. "I guess it's my turn, huh?" she mused, quietly, an awkward smile coming to her lips. She didn't want to go. "I'll be back soon, so don't worry, okay?" She had the worrying covered. It was a struggle to not drag her feet as she made her way into the theatre, taking a deep breath once she made it into the room. She didn't know what she was in for, but she nevertheless made her way to a seat, shifting uncomfortably as she waited for the nightmare to begin. And, soon enough, it did.

"World famous director Monokuma presents his latest series of stunning masterpieces... a series titled Ultimate Desires! In just a few moments, we will be screening... Marguerite's Ultimate Desire."

"finally.... conclusion.... promised.... everyone....... home........... granted"

Marie had lost her focus from that first introductory sentence alone, so much so that she completely missed the words that came after. Her eyes squeezed shut tightly, afraid of what she'd see if she dared look at the screen. Afraid of the idea of a blank canvas staring back at her, taunting her and labelling her just as broken and hollow as she feared. And yet, only a minute or so into what she expected to be torture, a familiar voice suddenly called out to her...

"Okay, Marie-chan! You can open your eyes now~!"

Entranced by the declaration, Marie did just that, shock setting in at rapid speeds. The sight that greeted her was far from what she'd been scared of, but nor was it quite like any of the other participants' films; rather, it depicted a familiar group of individuals, gathered around in a loose semi-circle. There was Kasumi, practically wiggling with excitement, and a visibly amused Cater not far from her side, laughing lightly at her antics. Ren was less amused, a heavy sigh hiding the endearment she knew he felt beneath the surface as he watched the scene. Shirou was watching it all unfold in all his perpetually-smirking glory, with Ellie giggling from under his arm, and a passing hint of pink and purple locks of hair told her that Nana and Shinoa were just out of sight as well. And at the center of it all was a young woman with messy blonde hair, skeptically sneaking a peek from behind the hands that covered her eyes. Upon doing so, she dropped them away entirely with an excited gasp, her eyes beginning to sparkle with joy as she surveyed her surroundings.

More chatter began to take place on screen, but Marie was hardly able to even make it out. Rather, the physical details of the scene entranced her; the group was chatting away at the amusement park, and the blonde girl- who Marie eventually realized to be herself, though she was unused to her own looks not distorted on the water's reflection- was gleefully pulling her friends into an embrace. It was an awkward endeavor, with Ren and Cater both seeming a little unsure of how to take being roped into a group hug, while Kasumi started rattling off some of her typical incoherent babbling and Shirou more than happily took advantage of an opportunity to rib his companions and further Ren's embarrassment. Just as it seemed they were about to part, Claude wandered on screen, cotton candy in one hand and a playful grin on his face as he inquired if he was interrupting something. He, too, was pulled into the mass hug that quickly turned into a chorus of laughter at how utterly ridiculous the embrace-turned-human-tidal-wave was.

Film Marie had the pleasure of taking Ren and Cater's hands in her own, excitedly wandering around the park with them. Nothing bad happened when they touched. Even when she released the boys' hands in favor of rushing over to eagerly pull Claude and Nana over to watch a group of birds that had landed impressively nearby, nothing happened. Or rather, good things happened; her friends smiled and laughed right alongside her, enjoying the experience just as much as she was. They went on rides together, shared food and stories, held hands and hugged and simply lived. All without the looming dread of inevitable murders or immortal Nazis threatening to end their existence at any given moment. In the place on screen, they were together, and they were safe, and they were happy.

Marie wanted nothing more.

Several more visions came to her, all containing similar content. Marie and her new friends, on the Suwahara High rooftop at sunset. Holding hands in hallways. Quiet moments spent sharing naps or knowledge. Going to school like a normal girl, being introduced to Cater's friends, gentle humming and exchanges of warmth. The moments were all mundane, but that didn't make them any less desirable to the girl who'd lead a life of utter estrangement and solitude. If she could be safe and warm with a hand to hold for the rest of her eternity, she knew she would be content for all her days.

"After seeing everything you have and knowing our power... can you really think this is impossible? All you have to do is kill and this can all be yours! This can be your new reality. Your ultimate desire!"

"..."

It was a good thing her movie had been a little shorter than the allotted time, because Marie was left sitting in stunned silence for a handful of minutes after its conclusion before she could even think of moving again. It had all seemed so real, like she could reach out and grab that reality with her own two hands. But surely it wasn't so simple. Surely such things couldn't come for a cheap price. More than that, she had seen several of the people she'd met in this very 'game' within her movie, so... that couldn't be possible, right? Why would the bear want them to kill each other only to bring them right back? Unless--

Her time was up. Lost in her thoughts, she shakily rose up from her chair, mindlessly meandering out of the theatre. She was in a bit of a daze, honestly still just trying to process everything she'd just seen and heard, even if it wasn't much content compared to what many others had seen.

Kirei Kotomine

1649111864240.png

Kotomine merely gave Sera a narrow glance as she approached him, his piercing eyes contrasting against the deceivingly benign smile his lips were curled into. "You... are quite the curious one, aren't you?" He merely said, effortlessly deflecting every question -- playful or not -- that came his way. "Then again, perhaps I am not one to talk."

Still, the man figured he ought to humor Sera if nothing else; while everyone else was in emotional turmoil over images of their desires, at least there was someone else here who wouldn't be swayed by the low-hanging fruit.

But whether or not the reason Kotomine fancied himself immune to his film was because of his ascetic upbringing as a priest, or because of the void that existed in place of his soul, who could truly say?

"As it is said in my world, the Lord works in mysterious ways. He giveth, and he taketh, in the name of forging stronger individuals out of us. If he were to bestow every blessing under the sun upon his subjects, he would deny his people the opportunity to independently grow for themselves," Kotomine preached, completely unprompted, but it was a force of habit. "In other words, I feel nothing but amusement that the bear and his audience would think so little of me that I'd be swayed so easily. In turn, the children here are fools to fall for the bear's trickery, but at least there is some sense among us."

For some reason, Kotomine felt like he shouldn't have said those specific last two words.

Folding his arms behind his back, the priest maintained a sidelong glance toward Sera. "In any case, I presume that whatever your film showed, it would not drive you to murder one, and doom the rest of us over it? That would be most... inconvenient."

Interactions: Charles Babel Charles Babel

Stiles Stilinski- "The Ultimate Sarcasm"

Stiles would take a second to consider how to answer Louise and there were so many different things he could say to make things better. It was then that he would see a movie. He had a feeling it wasn't going to be a good thing.....

After seeing everyone emerge, he would go in and see his own movie.... It was as bad as he thought because it just reminded of all the things he tried to push into the farthest recess of his mind. He didn't talk about it as he would emerge from the theater. He would finally have a good answer to Louise's question though, going to find her to finally supply her with an answer. "ADHD is a mental disorder that I have. It means that I have a hard time focusing for a long period of time without being medicated- or conversely, I get so focused on one thing- one small minor detail that I forget to do others thing, eat, sleep, relax. "

themagnoliaofutah themagnoliaofutah

LuckycoolHawk9 LuckycoolHawk9

Louise glanced up at him from her table, taking the answer as a welcome distraction from her own thoughts. "Wait, so it's like - when you get focused on work so you forget to eat lunch, or something like that?"

Claude von Riegan

Ultimate Stratigist

Hallway/Outside the Theatre

"I may not have meant to do the things that I did, but it still doesn't mean I didn't do them." Claude said as he glanced away for a bit. It was still difficult for him to process the fact that he had been pretty selfish during the war, when all this time be beleived he was fighting for everyone's betterment. "But...it means a lot that you still beleive in me anyway, Marie. And I beleive in you too. I don't know if we'll be able to stay by each other's sides for this whole thing but...I hope I'm not going to lose you guys anytime soon."
It felt horrible to think of losing those he had made friends with. To relive the pain of seeing those he once viewed as friends laying dead on the battlefeild. Only this time, they'd probably be dead ib this very venue. And possibly even dead by other friends' hands. But such was the nature of their situation. The nature of the killing games.

"Yeah, I enjoy your company too, Cater." he agreed with Marie's statement. "It was nice to see someone come up and immediately want to be friends. Especially in a situarion like this. So now that we're all friends, we're going to be there for you. At least...for as long as we can."
It was hard for him to be certain on things here. Back when he first walked in, Claude felt like there was a way to save everyone. But the more he thought back to the horrible death of Trixie and Menma's possibly worse execution, the more he thought that he won't be able to save the remaining people. That there will be another body, another class trial, another execution. He just hoped he could avoid any of his new friends being in either of the positions. He may have just met them but he wasn't sure how he'd feel if they were the next to die. And that was exactly the reason, Claude decided, that he could not and would not kill, even if it meant fixing his world. Because in ordee to do that...the friendships he built now would have to be sacrificed and he honestly could not stand the idea of watching any more friends of his die. Especially by his own hand.

Soon enough, the time came for Marie to see her movie and the Ultimate Stratigist decided to stay and wait on her. She was who helped raise his spirits some after seeing his movie so he wanted to return the favor if he could. He watched her head out toward the theatre. It was even more difficult that nobody except the viewer could see these movies. They all had to watch them alone. Somehow, Claude felt as if Monokuma did this on purpose, to make it evwn hardee ob them all to watch thwir videos. He knew how his video was and he could only imagine what anyone else's 15 minutes of tourture were like. He noticed Marie was taking a bit longer than 15 minutes to come out. She must have needed some time to process whatever she saw. Hopefully she'd be willing to perhaps talk about it to them whenever she came out.

Cater Diamond

♦️Theater Entrance♦️
GamblingGoblins GamblingGoblins Icee Icee @theaterhallgang

Cater had noticed Marie fumbling with her tablet and was a bit distracted, but he couldn’t help but find it endearing. She could be quite comical when she was flustered and nervous; a stark contrast to her serious tone like at the trial. He quite enjoyed seeing her in moments like that, though it felt a little twisted to admit.

"I...I'm sorry about that. I mean, even if it was never acheivable in the first place it can't be easy thinking of things like that over again."

What was the thing for Claude that was achievable? Why hadn’t he achieved it? Whatever it was, he seemed to blame himself a lot for it. But Cater wasn’t entirely free of blame in his own situation as well. He wouldn’t say his dream had been completely unachievable. While he thought he knew how Trey felt, the truth was he wouldn’t really know unless he asked. But Cater was a coward on that front, and never admitted to him. So maybe if he had…

"I'm gonna hang out here too. And if you feel like talking, Cater, I'm here to listen.”

He appreciated that. He had only really opened up to Marie so far. He just might take him up on that.

“I'm sorry, too, I guess there's still a lot I don't know about your relationship with this Trey person, so I can't speak for him, but... I like being with you, Cater. You do, too, don't you, Claude? Nana, Shinoa, and that girl you stay with, too... We all like being with you. So no matter what, we won't let you be lonely."

He didn’t really know if either of them quite understood what he was getting at, but it wasn’t really important. What mattered was that he was fine now, and he was glad the others wished him the best too.

“Thanks guys. You’re both really great, and I like being with you guys too.”

A bit of time went by where they simply did whatever in silence, before it was finally Marie’s time.

"I guess it's my turn, huh? I'll be back soon, so don't worry, okay?"

Cater wasn’t really worried. He knew Marie was a smart girl. She wouldn’t fall for Monokuma’s bs.

“Mhm, ‘course. I’ll be here. I trust you’ll be okay.”

Cater gave a quick smile as he watched Marie walk tentatively into the theater.

He decided to use this opportunity to chat with Claude a little, seeing as he’d done all he could fiddling with his phone.

“I’m not entirely sure Marie really understood what I was getting at, lol. But she knows it’s important to me and she listens so, ya know. I like that a lot. She’s been through a lot, but she’s still a really great person. And I’m glad you will listen too. It really helps. I’m here too, if you ever need.”

He remained perch against the wall, but made sure to make eye contact with Claude.

“You know when I first met you, I thought you reminded me a lot of Trey, actually. Oh uh, he’s my best friend. We haven’t actually known each other long, just a few years, but man it feels so much longer than that. He’s a great guy. I never really had close friends until high school, so that’s why Trey is so special. And… other reasons of course, heh. You got anyone at home? A partner? Good friend?”

Marie came out of the theater with the most “no thoughts, head empty” face he’d seen in a while. He quickly gathered himself, slipping his phone in his pocket and walking over to her.

“Alright you look real shaken. Wanna talk about it?”

Hallway by Theatre
HanikamuKitten HanikamuKitten Icee Icee @Whoever
sinpai.png"Ah." She wasn't sure what response she'd expected, but the one she got earned a faint frown and a distant look in her eyes. In the past, the meaning of it might've been lost on her, but she now understood all too well what it was like to feel such a way. By that logic, her own deeds were inexcusable, even if the ones she'd killed had directly done it to themselves. They may have grabbed her, outraged by her very existence, but she was nevertheless still the weapon that had resulted in the loss of their lives. She could never take that back. It was suddenly a little harder to speak, as though she'd been cut through the neck like her gruesome scar implied, but she eventually managed a small nod. "I... I think I understand." But that understanding only birthed another question. Something she couldn't hold back from speaking, even if it might've been a touch personal. "Can I ask you something?" She was nervous and uncertain, a conflicted look on her face. "How do you bear it..? The way it hurts?" She'd only been introduced to this unique brand of pain a short time ago, but it already felt as though it would consume her whole. "It... It scares me. It scares me a lot. And I don't know how to make it stop." She didn't know how people could feel this way for every waking moment and still manage. How strong did Ren and Claude have to be to soldier on through this sort of feeling...? And how could Claude so readily trust her despite her admittance of the darkness within her? Did he perhaps see something good in her the way she did in him, too? The thought was enough to cause her morose expression to give way to a shaky smile. Something weak, but touched all the same.

"...Thank you," she exhaled, softly. "It means a lot to me, too. And I hope we can all keep being together in this way, as well..." Admittedly, she'd been pushing away the idea of anything happening to her friends- or any of the others here -with vehement determination. She wanted to believe the murder and trials were a one-and-done deal, something that could be avoided if they all worked together. If Ren were here, he would certainly find a way to contest the tyranny keeping them locked in this place; together, they would find a way to end this whole thing and save the others. But Marie didn't have that power on her own. Without Ren as her anchor, ready to coax and reassure and support her, it was a fight to even feel safe in her own skin. She felt better since making new friends, but the whole situation was still utterly terrifying in a way she just didn't know how to cope with.

After they'd rejoined Cater, Marie was relieved to see that he seemed to slowly be perking up. And despite the fact that she'd fully anticipated him agreeing, Claude's confirmation and support of Cater added to her sense of repose. And when the Heartslabyul student's response finally came, she couldn't help but smile. Even if all of this was temporary, even if nothing was certain... she was truly happy for what they had in the here and now, no matter how fleeting it may be. "Eheh, I'm glad to hear that. I don't know what I'd do if you felt differently, mon chéri..." If all of them enjoyed each others' company, there was nothing to keep them from spending time together. From trying to find ways to work things out, and spark moments of happiness despite the pain and gloom.

That hope was short-lived, though; after her film, she just felt lost and confused. She was so lost in her own head that she nearly walked right past Cater and Claude altogether, as though she didn't realize they were there. Fortunately, though, nearly running into Cater when he met her halfway snapped her out of it, prompting her to blink slowly a few times as though waking from a trance. "...Ah. Um, sorry," she apologized, though it sounded a bit distant. "And... Thank you both for waiting for me." She stepped back out of his space, feeling a little uncertain upon hearing his question. Did she want to talk about it? How would she even do so? "...Maybe?" she offered, though it came out more like a question. Her brows furrowed, and she glanced around the hall. There still seemed to be quite a few people around, despite the late hour, and while she'd been fine talking with Cater and Claude, she felt a little weird about the idea of talking about herself with so many people in ear range. Today had been long and emotionally exhausting, and she suddenly felt overwhelmed and incredibly self-conscious being in a space with so many people. Instinctively, she scooted slightly closer to her friends, very loosely grasping at both of their sleeves. "Um. Can we... go somewhere else?" she requested, meekly. She felt a little bad making requests when they'd already kindly waited for her and supported her, but she really just wanted to go somewhere where she didn't feel so crowded. Being able to sit or lay her head down sounded incredibly nice right about now, too, but she would settle for anywhere that'd allow her to actually process her thoughts.

1649474514136.png

"Pinkie, just because you want something, doesn't mean it's right for you." Wanda spoke, putting her hand on the girl's shoulder. "Believe me, people end of doing terrible things, for the things they want the most. It's sad really." Wanda's eyes narrowed down towards the floor. The witch's eyes looked at Aksushi." Girls." Wanda looked at Usagi and Pinkie. "We need to talk. I mentioned earlier I did some....bad things in my life. I think you two should know the truth. But it's up to you. Do you two want to know the truth?"

Xeppy Xeppy Takumi98 Takumi98 lunar_moth lunar_moth

254546C3-44E5-4D78-8C58-19F34AAB2BCF.jpeg

Usagi’s lip wobbles for the umpteenth time, but this time, it’s tears of affection. She hurries to return Pinkie’s gestures (in her haste maybe she does so with too much enthusiasm to fill the kittenish aspect, but the meaning is still there) and upon the finishing of Pinkie’s monologue, words hand-picked directly from both her lowest moments and her fondest memories of being with the other girl, the good-tears finally breach her eyes and fall down her face.

She’s still reeling a bit from what she saw onscreen. And she can tell so is Pinkie, but her next words come to mind unbidden — it’s the only natural response left to give, really:

“Cause I love to make you smile, smile, smile

Yes I do

It fills my heart with sunshine all the while

Yes it does

'Cause all I really need's a smile, smile, smile

From these happy friends of mine~”

Usagi’s voice stays small even while she sings. Like a lullaby more than the declaration of joy that Pinkie’s song is meant to be. She’s not quite feeling tethered back to herself yet— but by the time she’s trailed off, a smile’s worked its way onto her face.

“Aya, that song really does work, doesn’t it?” Usagi teases, hands coming up to search for Pinkie’s and twine their fingers together. She sniffs. Takes a deep breath. “…Thank you. Thank you, Pinkie-chan.” A giggle slips out, when she recalls what Pinkie had called her moments before (Usagi-chan!). “…Yeah. You’re right. We will figure something out. ‘S long as we’re still looking out for each other.”

Usagi tries to give one last squeeze to Pinkie’s hands and then lets them go. “Thank you. Again. And, um, I promise I’ll do my very best too to keep us all as safe and okay as possible until we figure this out, okay?” She couldn’t quite promise happy but, well, she was the guardian of justice, not happiness. That one falls under Pinkie’s domain.

Usagi takes another steadying breath and lifts her gaze to the crowd surrounding the cinema’s doors; she glances around at who’s left. Should her eye catch Atsushi’s, she’d be sending him a tentative smile as well — I’m glad that you’re here, too. He’d been just such an earnest and gentle presence thus far, and kind friends were worth holding onto.

Finally, Usagi feels brave enough to take the next step forward and let the cinema’s movie fall to the back of her mind — not forgotten, but simply put away for later. She has more important things to think about now. Things like keeping everyone important to her safe, and solving the mysteries that keep cropping up, and….

Usagi faces Wanda with a pose of steadfast determination. She clutches her hands together in front of her, like she’s a moment away from a bow.

“Wanda-san. I trust you. Whatever you have to say, I can’t imagine I’ll think any less of you for it. I do know a thing or two about forgiving those who are truly deserving of it. It comes with the job of being a Senshi,” she says, and her assurance ends playfully. The same small smile from before has crept its way back onto her face and has rooted itself into her reappearing hope.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Xeppy Xeppy Takumi98 Takumi98 Josh Josh   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Pinkie Pie
Takumi98 Takumi98 Josh Josh lunar_moth lunar_moth Capri Capri (maybe) + others

Outside of Movie Theater

Atsushi's actions of cleaning up her supplies and writing in her notebook with one of her spare crayons were completely blind to Pinkie Pie as she focused her attention onto Usagi. Her blue eyes were attempting to connect to Usagi's... well... blue eyes, as she tried to find out if her cheering up strategy actually worked. While Usagi quickly gave the tap of the foot and the head bump back, Pinkie needed words of confirmation that said that it made Usagi feel better. Her speech had to have worked, or it had to have at least let Usagi know that Pinkie Pie, Wanda, Atsushi, and Sophie were looking over her here. If Pinkie wasn't able to convey that message, then what was the point of saying it? What was the point of going to Usagi's side? What was the point of trying to be a good friend right now? What was the point of anything Pinkie did if she wasn't able to make others happy when she wanted them to be?

Pinkie Pie was the Element of Laughter, after all. Sure, she had grown up dull, bored, and sad like the rest of her family, never having the true spark of friendship and life, but she eventually changed. She eventually changed when she saw colors dance across the blueish-grayish sky. When she saw the rainbow of happiness light up, it opened the rainbow inside of her heart. It opened a new realm of happiness to her. It opened up her life's purpose: to make others as happy as she was in that moment when she saw the Sonic Rainboom. That's when Pinkamena Diane Pie became Pinkie Pie. That's when she spent her life making parties, making as many people smile next to her as much as possible. That's when she baked, made gifts for friends, became completely random: all for the sake of making others joyful and making her joyful as a cause of it.

That's why Pinkie cheered up so much at seeing all of her friends smile. That's why she asked questions to Sophie about smiling, and why she said to Atsushi that she would make him and the rest of them smile. That's why she made them all cards, and why she did her best to do acts of kindness. Yes, she wanted them all to be cheerful, but it was for her own sake as well. Pinkie Pie was incapable of becoming happy if none of her friends were happy. She was incapable of picking herself up off of the ground if none of her friends were strong to get up themselves. She was incapable of being sane without hearing the hearty laugh of her friends, strangers, anybody.

And that's why this 'Fandomronpa' will be a very interesting experience for her.

"Are you okay right now?"

Atsushi Nakajima's past words echoed in her mind, cracking and destroying any thought that Pinkie was having that she was okay and perfectly fine right now. Who was she kidding? She could start sobbing right now if a tiny word pushed her over the edge. She could start weeping on the floor in self-pity, in grief, in confusion, in despair. One strand of hair BOINGed back up, yes, but it was one strand. That didn't change anything. That didn't change the nausea Pinkie would feel whenever thinking of Trixie's death scene, of her dead pulse in her cold, pink hands. That wouldn't change the doom Pinkie would feel whenever smelling the blood in that conference room, with the panic inside that moment. That didn't change the horrifying feeling that another killing might happen with the movies they all just watched. That didn't change the sickness Pinkie would feel whenever thinking about the PUNCH after PUNCH of Menma's body, splattering her with pain until she died right in front of them all. A single BOING didn't change anything that was happening right now.

Yet, here Pinkie was. Leeching off others' happiness like a parasite, using it to cheer herself up as well. Leeching off the warmth of others. Wasn't that why she was hugging Atsushi, holding his hand and then suddenly hesitant to leave his side when her friend needed happiness as well? Wasn't she just being selfish, wanting to absorb in more of that warmness because it'll "stop" the coldness inside of her? Because she desperately wanted to not feel this despair, this hopelessness of her... of their situation? Everything was messing with her head. She couldn't process anything right now, and Pinkie Pie wasn't sure if she wanted to. She knew the moment she did, she would panic again and not be Pinkie Pie. That she would panic and not try to be what she was meant to do: make others happy.

What was she supposed to do?

Oh. Oops. Usagi was crying right now. OH. OOPS. Pinkie Pie's hands started waving around in panic, her face being filled with worry and surpeiaw as she tried to find the words to make up for whatever caused the crying to start. But... wait. No words came out of her mouth. Instead, her mouth closed as she got filled with a new emotion. Confusion. The tears didn't seem like bad ones right now. Pinkie Pie had seen Usagi's bad tears from before, and the tears right now didn't match up with earlier at all. They were softer. Hopeful. Happier. If tears could even be happy and hopeful. While Pinkie Pie had been filled with despair earlier and didn't focus too much on the emotions of these tears of her friends before, she had cheered up somewhat from the smiles of her friends now. She could see it clearly. These were...

...good tears?

And soon after these good tears came song lyrics. Song lyrics that Pinkie Pie knew far too well. Song lyrics that Pinkie Pie made up herself to show that she would bring smiles to other people's faces. Song lyrics that were filled with memories. Song lyrics that brought many meanings to this Fandomronpa adventure. Grief. Happiness. Loyalty. And right now, Usagi is bringing a new meaning. A new meaning that Pinkie Pie was glad to add to her little song. She wasn't bringing grief, loyalty, or happiness to the song, as those were the past meanings behind it. It brought one thing that Pinkie so desperately wanted. Hope. A smile went onto Pinkie's face, a seemingly natural one. It wasn't stitched on, like earlier, or forced at all, but... regular. A regular Pinkie smile.

The Ultimate Party Planner now swayed her head to the little lullaby Usagi was singing, like she had done with the piano playing earlier. Except she wasn't swaying her head to get lost to another world. Her eyes were on Usagi the entire time, and her feet were planted on this world she was in. She wasn't trying to fly away to oblivion, she wasn't trying to grow wings to freedom, but she was facing all that was here with a smile on her face, listening to her friend's voice. She only seemed to become more and more relaxed by the second, and the smile on her face got larger as she saw Usagi's until it seemed the only thing needing to be cheered up right now was Pinkie's hair. At Usagi's teasing, Pinkie simply bobbed her head energetically- as she normally would!- and said matter-of-factly, "Mhm! Mhm! No doubting! It's a Pinkie song, after all!" She ended it right there, as if that explained everything. Which, in a way, it did.

She accepted Usagi's wrapping of their fingers together. In fact, she more than accepted. Parasite Pinkie was back. She clung onto the love of which Usagi was transferring, closing her eyes momentarily before nodding along to Usagi's thank yous in appreciation. She was still clinging onto the warmth, and Pinkie Pie was certain that she wasn't giving as much goodness as she was taking in right now. A very despairing thought, yes, but at Usagi's giggling, Pinkie Pie had a peak of a smile again. Usagi's normal giggling. Normal. They could all still be happy and normal. They didn't have to fall into despair. They could walk through hope, turning their back to sadness and gloom as they walked through what they wanted to. It was much easier saying it than believing it, though.

At Usagi's words for Pinkie being right about sticking together and looking out for each other, Pinkie shook her head in disagreement to only one thing Tsukino Usagi said. "No, silly! I'm not right! Those were your words! You're right! But, mhm! You were right, Usagi. We'll all get through it... together!"

And then Usagi let their fingers let go of each other. Pinkie looked sadly down at her leftover, alone hand for a moment before shaking the thought away. Go away, Parasite Pinkie! Stop leeching off of others' goodness! At Usagi's words for keeping them all safe and okay, Pinkie pointed at the fourteen-year-old teen excitedly, saying back, "I'll help you, Usagi! While you're making sure everyone's okay, I'll make sure everyone's happy-snappy! After all, I'm the guardian of parties and smiles, and I will defeat and woosh away bad feelings!!" That wasn't really how life worked, but sure, Pinkie. If Atsushi was paying attention to Pinkie Pie, he would notice that she quickly looked at him and mouthed the words, Pinkie Mission Success. A Pinkie Mission Success for sure, with people cheering back up again. Just like nothing happened, though, she quickly turned back to Usagi. "I'll make you and Wanda and Atsushi and... So...phie?"

Oh. Wait. Usagi. Atsushi. Wanda. Pinkie Pie. Where was their other member of their group? Where was Sophie? Pinkie's head started looking around where she was, as Usagi was now, as if expecting her roommate to just pop up right next to her at any moment. The pink-haired girl did happen to see anyone coming out of the theater, the priest-man and the stabbing-girl, the smart-girl and the Ultimate Strategist and the boy named Cater, yet no Sophie. Pinkie's eyes grazed over all the people she had not befriended yet, looking for one specific female.

"Where's Sophie?"

If Sophie was, in fact, outside of the theater, whether she followed Marie and her group or not, the 23-year-old woman would immediately see Pinkie Pie waving at her. Waves that signaled for Sophie to come on over. Waves that screamed, WHAT ARE YOU DOING? GET OVER HERE! If Sophie Walten was, in fact, not in front of the movie theater, though, Pinkie would simply keep an eye out for the Ultimate Survivor with the blazer. Her thoughts drifted to how Sophie was, to how Sophie simply sat there unresponsive before her movie.

And the worry was back in Pinkie. This time, though, the worry wasn't filled with as much despair as earlier. It was filled with friendship, with kindness as thoughts ran through Pinkie Pie's head. Would her friend be-

But wait. Wanda was speaking to her. Responding. Pinkie soaked in the warmth of a hand on her shoulder again and dropped her gaze when being reminded that there were terrible people. That terrible people did terrible things. Usagi had said so earlier, but Pinkie couldn't wrap her mind around it. Sure, there were "evil people" in Pinkie's own world, but near the end, they were usually corrupted by evil magic, and it wasn't their fault. If they weren't corrupted by magic, they would learn the errors of their ways at the end. In the end, everything would turn out okay. The terrible things Pinkie Pie has seen in her life were clearly nothing compared to what others had to experience, and she didn't know how to sympathize.

Pinkie Pie had to not be wrapped up in the greed of what was in the movie, though, like Wanda was trying to say. She couldn't do something terrible for her friends' smiles. She was an element in the Elements of Harmony. The Element of Laughter. She got good things by doing good things, not by doing something bad. That's why she couldn't do something bad. So, at Wanda's words, Pinkie gave a few nods in understanding. She couldn't listen to the bear whispering in her ear. She couldn't listen to anything he had to say to them! If she wanted something, she had to do something good and work for it! Like... like when she wanted her friends to smile, she made cards, or when she wanted her friends to feel better, she did movements of care. That's why Pinkie couldn't fall into the temptation of the film. She did want to see her friends' smiles at home, but she had friends here as well! She trusted her best friends were safe right now, so she needed to focus right now on making the people she cared about here happy.

And now Wanda was talking about her past. About how she had done bad things. About how Usagi and herself deserved to "know the truth". Pinkie Pie tilted her head slightly, as if in confusion for the words spoken to her. Hadn't Atsushi said the same thing? Hadn't he said he did bad things as well? Something about what Monokuma said about clean slates? Pinkie couldn't wrap her mind around what Wanda was saying. She couldn't wrap around how her friends could do bad things. Well... in reality, she could. Her best friends have done bad things before. They had made mistakes. Pinkie Pie even made mistakes. But... it all depended on whether the person learned from it. It depended on whether the person was good, and they felt bad about what they had done. It depended on if they changed.

Wanda was a good person! She was a woman who could stick up for herself and for those close to her, who was loyal, and who was trusting. Now she was putting this trust onto Pinkie and Usagi, having faith in them to hear about her past. She was letting them have options in the name of friendship, and the young girls had to reciprocate these feelings.

After Usagi accepted to hearing what Wanda had to say, Pinkie nodded in a hyper way to the blond-haired girl's words and added on, "Mhm, mhm! What Usagi said! And... if you trust us with bad thingies from your past, Wanda... then I trust you, too! So I wanna hear! I wanna hear!" Pinkie's eyes matched with her words. It glimmered with appreciation and trust for the older woman. It glimmered with the knowing that whatever bad things Wanda had done, based on who she was today. That she wasn't a bad person. That, based on the knowledge Wanda gave out, she learned from past mistakes.

That was all that mattered, right?​

SOPHIE WALTEN
Zenterfold Zenterfold Xeppy Xeppy Josh Josh Takumi98 Takumi98 lunar_moth lunar_moth GamblingGoblins GamblingGoblins HanikamuKitten HanikamuKitten Icee Icee

Sophie sat silently, listening to Marie's calming song. It wasn't much help to her, as all she needed was time to process and not comfort. All she was doing was waiting for Pinkie, Atsushi, Usagi, and Wanda to come back to the music room.

But the minutes passed, the other three people in the room left and she sat there alone, stewing in her own thoughts. The idea of being with Jenny was certainly one that she loved, but perhaps the word in her head was impossible.

None of that was impossible. Sure, Sophie's family's missing, but she's sure she could live a happy life with Jenny without her family there.

She broke out of her stupor, looking around for wherever Pinkie and the others were, and seeing they weren't there she brought out her tablet and sent Pinkie a message.

"Where are you?"

Pinkie Pie
Capri Capri + others

Outside of Movie Theater

After Pinkie's looking around the area in search, she ultimately came up empty in searching for the brunette, plain girl that she met a few days ago. A disappointed frown seemed to find itself back onto the pink-skinned girl's face at the lack of sight. While it was comforting for the rest of her friends to be here, that comfort seemed to be stabbed over and over again with the bad message of, "Sophie isn't here right now". Not the best thing to be thinking about, really, when thinking about everything happening in this place. And, importantly, it just wasn't as fun without all of her friends here at once. Should Pinkie try to find Sophie? Should Pinkie just leave the rest of her friends and go search for her friend the complete opposite of her? Should she wait for the girl to come to her instead? Maybe message her? Or should she-

Speak of the devil. Right after Pinkie Pie was looking for Sophie earlier, thinking about her and even asking where she was right now, her tablet let out a buzz in her skirt pocket. She seemed to be using this device a lot today. She reached down to it, immediately pulling out the glittery substance that was apparently technology in this place. It was strange: Pinkie Pie now felt strange and at home at the same time with how the pink glittered tablet was in her grip. Did she simply feel strange because everything was strange right now? Hm.

Whatever it was, now that she had it in both of her hands, Pinkie Pie logged into the device and found on the MESSAGE app something from Sophie. A message, apparently asking where she was right now. Well, that was good! At least Sophie was responsive again. At least Pinkie knew that Sophie probably had enough time to herself to let everything process for her. She hoped that whatever the girl saw in her movie wasn’t too bad and emotional, as some of the movies seemed to be based on others’ reactions, and that she could get over it easily. How could the movies be that emotional for others, though? Where they would burst out in tears, completely ignoring others? Where they would just have despair come back into them and their hearts?

Of course, Pinkie didn't really process anything herself yet, so she couldn't relate to what the others were feeling right now. Well, she could relate, but... it was too confusing. She was happy, yet she could cry. She was smiling, yet she still felt bad. She felt happy, yet... she wasn't. Pinkie was right there, going around from being cheered up to wanting to cry again. She was going back and forth between feeling things and being empty. She was jumping back and forth between accepting their situation and completely denying everything. And the only jumping around Pinkie usually did was a physical, hyperactive jump in an excitable way! The reactions Pinkie gave off now in this event was... strange, if anything. Not really Pinkie Pie reactions. Not really... Element of Laughter-y.

The Ultimate Party Planner simply blamed it on a lack of sleep and typed back a message quickly.

“outsid the moivee teater wit wanda,, atishushi, and usaigi. were are YOU??? afre you goin 2 come to da movie thhaetr witth us????? ar you gion 2 walke here???? are uyou going 2 TELOPORT HEARE????? aree yiu going 2 WALKPORT?/????//?
- P. Pie”
"Outside the Movie Theater with Wanda, Atsushi, and Usagi. Where are YOU? Are you going to come to the Movie Theater with us? Are you going to walk here? Are you going to TELEPORT HERE? Are you going to WALKPORT?"

There. Based on how Sophie reacted to that boy Cater's slang messages earlier, Pinkie wasn't sure if Sophie could understand her complete lack of grammar and spelling, but it was decipherable if Sophie looked hard enough. And there Pinkie Pie was. Awaiting Wanda's response to both her and Usagi, having an ear open for Sophie to come out from the unknown.

How nice.​

Kirei Kotomine

View attachment 973323

Kotomine merely gave Sera a narrow glance as she approached him, his piercing eyes contrasting against the deceivingly benign smile his lips were curled into. "You... are quite the curious one, aren't you?" He merely said, effortlessly deflecting every question -- playful or not -- that came his way. "Then again, perhaps I am not one to talk."

Still, the man figured he ought to humor Sera if nothing else; while everyone else was in emotional turmoil over images of their desires, at least there was someone else here who wouldn't be swayed by the low-hanging fruit.

But whether or not the reason Kotomine fancied himself immune to his film was because of his ascetic upbringing as a priest, or because of the void that existed in place of his soul, who could truly say?

"As it is said in my world, the Lord works in mysterious ways. He giveth, and he taketh, in the name of forging stronger individuals out of us. If he were to bestow every blessing under the sun upon his subjects, he would deny his people the opportunity to independently grow for themselves," Kotomine preached, completely unprompted, but it was a force of habit. "In other words, I feel nothing but amusement that the bear and his audience would think so little of me that I'd be swayed so easily. In turn, the children here are fools to fall for the bear's trickery, but at least there is some sense among us."

For some reason, Kotomine felt like he shouldn't have said those specific last two words.

Folding his arms behind his back, the priest maintained a sidelong glance toward Sera. "In any case, I presume that whatever your film showed, it would not drive you to murder one, and doom the rest of us over it? That would be most... inconvenient."

Interactions: Charles Babel Charles Babel

"I mean all things considered it did look like a really good fu-" Sera managed to stop herself and just blew it off. "Pfft yeah, whatever. The only way to win this is to fuck over the bear and right now I am all here for that. Aaaand," She pointed at Kotomine. "I hope you also won't try and murder me in my sleep or anything like that. Can't believe I have to ask that of a priest but hey, here we are."

View attachment 974602

"Pinkie, just because you want something, doesn't mean it's right for you." Wanda spoke, putting her hand on the girl's shoulder. "Believe me, people end of doing terrible things, for the things they want the most. It's sad really." Wanda's eyes narrowed down towards the floor. The witch's eyes looked at Aksushi." Girls." Wanda looked at Usagi and Pinkie. "We need to talk. I mentioned earlier I did some....bad things in my life. I think you two should know the truth. But it's up to you. Do you two want to know the truth?"

Xeppy Xeppy Takumi98 Takumi98 lunar_moth lunar_moth

View attachment 974623

Usagi’s lip wobbles for the umpteenth time, but this time, it’s tears of affection. She hurries to return Pinkie’s gestures (in her haste maybe she does so with too much enthusiasm to fill the kittenish aspect, but the meaning is still there) and upon the finishing of Pinkie’s monologue, words hand-picked directly from both her lowest moments and her fondest memories of being with the other girl, the good-tears finally breach her eyes and fall down her face.

She’s still reeling a bit from what she saw onscreen. And she can tell so is Pinkie, but her next words come to mind unbidden — it’s the only natural response left to give, really:

“Cause I love to make you smile, smile, smile

Yes I do

It fills my heart with sunshine all the while

Yes it does

'Cause all I really need's a smile, smile, smile

From these happy friends of mine~”

Usagi’s voice stays small even while she sings. Like a lullaby more than the declaration of joy that Pinkie’s song is meant to be. She’s not quite feeling tethered back to herself yet— but by the time she’s trailed off, a smile’s worked its way onto her face.

“Aya, that song really does work, doesn’t it?” Usagi teases, hands coming up to search for Pinkie’s and twine their fingers together. She sniffs. Takes a deep breath. “…Thank you. Thank you, Pinkie-chan.” A giggle slips out, when she recalls what Pinkie had called her moments before (Usagi-chan!). “…Yeah. You’re right. We will figure something out. ‘S long as we’re still looking out for each other.”

Usagi tries to give one last squeeze to Pinkie’s hands and then lets them go. “Thank you. Again. And, um, I promise I’ll do my very best too to keep us all as safe and okay as possible until we figure this out, okay?” She couldn’t quite promise happy but, well, she was the guardian of justice, not happiness. That one falls under Pinkie’s domain.

Usagi takes another steadying breath and lifts her gaze to the crowd surrounding the cinema’s doors; she glances around at who’s left. Should her eye catch Atsushi’s, she’d be sending him a tentative smile as well — I’m glad that you’re here, too. He’d been just such an earnest and gentle presence thus far, and kind friends were worth holding onto.

Finally, Usagi feels brave enough to take the next step forward and let the cinema’s movie fall to the back of her mind — not forgotten, but simply put away for later. She has more important things to think about now. Things like keeping everyone important to her safe, and solving the mysteries that keep cropping up, and….

Usagi faces Wanda with a pose of steadfast determination. She clutches her hands together in front of her, like she’s a moment away from a bow.

“Wanda-san. I trust you. Whatever you have to say, I can’t imagine I’ll think any less of you for it. I do know a thing or two about forgiving those who are truly deserving of it. It comes with the job of being a Senshi,” she says, and her assurance ends playfully. The same small smile from before has crept its way back onto her face and has rooted itself into her reappearing hope.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Xeppy Xeppy Takumi98 Takumi98 Josh Josh   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Atsushi's gaze went to Wanda as she spoke to both Pinkie and Usagi, sure that what she would say next was in a similar vein to the bit she shared earlier in the radio broadcasting room.

What Wanda had described of those doing terrible things for the things they wanted most, was more or less what was reflected in his movie in a sense. It was as if Monokuma reached into his head and took the one memory that constantly haunted his waking moments and filled him with guilt and twisted it into a nightmare that was masked as a dream come true.

Perhaps if he hadn't made any connections here, he would be willing to consider the possibility of trying to make that situation a reality, even if it seemed too good to be true. However, the...complicated relationship with the director, as well as forming connections with at least a few others here, made him feel just about as bad for even attempting to consider it.

Vaguely aware that Kotomine was likely still near, he briefly wondered how much Wanda would reveal, even if none of it was relevant in the sense that the priest would use it against the witch to try and upset her with his words for his own amusement, the weretiger still thought it might be a bit dangerous to expose said truth right this minute.

It was around this time that he noticed Usagi looking his way, and his negative spiraling thoughts came to a halt momentarily at the tentative smile she threw his way, and he gave her a soft gaze and a small smile in return, similar to earlier with Pinkie Pie the smile itself wasn'tall that large and admittedly could barely be called a smile at this point, but it was close enough. Usagi, like Pinkie, was good. He wasn't as close with her or Sophie, or Wanda but that didn't make them any less important to him or Pinkie, especially Pinkie.

While Wanda still didn't get his complete trust there was no other adult outside of their small group, currently, that he'd put even a fraction of trust in besides perhaps Claude. That, however, depended on a few other factors.

The moment Usagi's gaze left him did his smile fall, his gaze wandering a moment in thought. When he said he wouldn't let them wander the dark alone he meant it. He just had to do better, protect them better than he had been so far.

When Pinkie asked where Sophie was, his gaze landed on her then, watching her as she searched for a moment. Pulling put his own tablet, he decided to send Sophie a message.

To: Sophie
Pinkie’s looking for you. You OK right now?

It was a simple thing, really, but given how some people reacted to their movies it was also a bit of a loaded question to ask.

Xeppy Xeppy Josh Josh lunar_moth lunar_moth Capri Capri @Others @Outside movie theater

Claude von Riegan

Ultimate Stratigist

Outside The Movie Theatre

When it came time for Marie's video, Claude was thankful to at least have some conversation with Cater to keep him occupied. He'd been a bit worried at seeing Marie take longer than usual to finish watching her film. If she was taking this long, then it must have seriously left an impact on her. Not that this wasn't ecpected but still he couldn't help but be worried.
"Really? It's nice that I can at least help you think of friends from back home. I mean, in a situation like this it probably helps to imagine that your folks at home are still here." he said with a nod.
Honestly it felt nice to know that he reminded Cater of someone he cared for. It probably gave the guy some peace of mind in this bleak situation. At the question of if there were people waiting for him at home, he immediately nodded.
"Yeah, actually. I have a lot of friends from my Academy days but most importantly, I have a wife." he told Cater. He hadn't verbally told anyone here that he had a spouse but for some reason he felt that he could trust Cater with that information. "After our war ended, we made a promise that we'd have a real wedding once I finished with some of my own business. She couldn't go with me since she had to work on her own rebuilding efforts. But we reunited a few days before I was sent here. I saved her from a bandit attack. Ironic yet cool way of coming back, huh?"
He smiled at the fond memory. He had finished settling his own business and had flown back to Garrech Moch on his own, where Byleth had been busy rebuilding. There had been an unexpected bandit attack and Claude jumped in and reunited with Byleth, finishing the battle for her. He still remembers her shocked yet happy expression. It wasn't often that Byleth got emotional but he still remembers that expression. It made him happy and proud that he was one who brought that rsre smile to her face. He really hoped that she was okay.
"....I just hope I'll be able to get home and get back to her...." he found himself voicing his doubts. Part of him wasn't even aware he said this. Maybe Cater wouldn't notice. He didn't want to cause more worry for his new friends if they found that he was having trouble handling himself. They all had their own worries...

Luckily, Claude had his thoughts cut off when Marie rejoined them. As he expected, the girl looked very shaken up. Marie's timidness definately reminded the Ultimate Stratigist of Marianne. Marianne also tended to go further into her shell when something was on her mind, not wanting to bother everyone else with her own problems. Perhaps this similarity was why Claude could attach to Marie so quickly.
"Well, do you want to talk?" he asked. "It's fine if you don't. Just...if you feel like you want to get something off of your chest, I'm here. You helped me out so it's my turn now."
He didn't want to make his new friend feel pressured to speak in any way. Forcing others to speak usually never did any good. He wanted to reassure hee that regardless of if Marie chose to talk or not, he would still be supportive of her, as his new friends. Friends support each other no matter what. And that very reason was why Claude couldn't kill anyone. Even if that meant undoing his past mistakes and giving everyone an ideal world. It meant betraying his friends. He'd already done that once. How could he do it again?
At the mention of going somewhere else, Claude felt a bit excited. It meant that perhaps she wanted to air some things out and it felt nice to know that perhaps he was trusted enough to hear it. To hear things not for others to hear. It meant maybe he could help her out as well.
"Sure. I don't mind that. Where's good for you? Wherever you feel most comfortable to talk, I'll go there."

Cater Diamond

♦️Hallway♦️
GamblingGoblins GamblingGoblins Icee Icee @theaterhallway

"Eheh, I'm glad to hear that. I don't know what I'd do if you felt differently, mon chéri..."

Cater has this one acquaintance, Rook. He is quite the eccentric fellow; constantly speaking weird French phrases. He had learned to pick up a thing or two from him. However that phrase in particular needed no prior knowledge.

“M- mon- hhh?? You- I’m sorry did you-?” At this point, Cater was barely forming words and instead making so many ungodly, incoherent noises. Was she trying to kill him?! She said it so casually like that was a normal thing to call someone. It took a good long moment for him to compose himself. There was no hiding his beat red face, he didn’t even bother.

“Marie um, don’t you know that’s something that like, ahem- lovers say.” He said the last part quietly, and with his hand partially covering his mouth. He was now acutely aware how many people were in the hallway, and extremely aware of Claude’s presence right next to them.

“I mean haha I’m glad you’re um very comfortable with me and all but…”

He stopped himself. He realized he didn’t want to even tell her to stop. The way she said it, so smooth with her sweet French accent.

“Actually you know what? Uhrm, it’s alright. I kinda liked it.” He practically whispered the last part. He buried his face in his hands, his soul leaving his body. WHY DID I SAY THAT.

~~~

"Yeah, actually. I have a lot of friends from my Academy days but most importantly, I have a wife." Cater wasn’t sure why, but hearing about how he made lifelong friends from school made him pretty happy. It gave him hope that once he returned home, he would do the same. Then he would never lose touch with them.

“But we reunited a few days before I was sent here. I saved her from a bandit attack. Ironic yet cool way of coming back, huh?"

So cooool! He gushed, only in his head.

“Well, here’s hoping you’re able to have that wedding when you get home! Idk if this is possible, but I hope you’ll extend an invite to me too!”

"....I just hope I'll be able to get home and get back to her...."

You will. We all will.

~~~

Marie bumped into Cater, and he instinctively grabbed her shoulders to stabilize her briefly. She definitely wasn’t doing well. This was the prime moment for him and Claude to make good on their earlier promises.

"Sure. I don't mind that. Where's good for you? Wherever you feel most comfortable to talk, I'll go there."

He thought about a few different places they could go. Back to the music venue, perhaps. Maybe the cafe again? But there was always a possibility of someone walking in and interrupting them, so instead…

“How about we head back to my room? It’s getting late anyway, and I kinda wanna hit the hay early tonight. We can chat for a bit before bed, k?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back