• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings [Fandom + Original] Simple partner search

Oceanic Mind

Slowly, and then all at once.
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
OCEAN'S INTEREST CHECK
Hey there! I'm Ocean (he/him), I'm 20yrs old and hoping to go into IT within the next few years or so. I'm an artist, a writer, and constantly eager to tell stories. I'm looking for a long or short term roleplay partner (potentially multiple, we'll see what I can keep up with). I consider myself semi-literate or thereabouts but I'm not very picky about word or character-count to be honest. If keeping the flow of an action scene means we have to go one sentence at a time or roll dice ooc, so be it :> please don't feel pressured to mirror my responses, you're welcome to respond however you feel comfortable and I'll do the same. I'm more than happy having conversations ooc, I might come off as a little dry right here but I promise this is just because I don't know how to talk about myself, I can talk about characters all day.
EXPECTATIONS

Like I said, I'm not really particular about length, so this section isn't going to cover anything like that.
- prefer my partners to be 17+ at least.
- please give me a timeframe, if you're able, of when/how often I can expect responses. I'm typically able to respond once or twice a week, and it's perfectly fine if you're only able to respond once a month, I'd just like to know.
- I'm ghost friendly; unless you ask me to check in after a certain amount of time, I will let you fall off my radar. However; I do ask that you check in on me if you haven't heard from me in a few days. Just a "Hey, we still going?" Is alright.
- my only other ooc requirement is that youre willing to discuss plot elements and technical details when they come up.
- Romance is not at all a requirement, and typically I prefer we start off with platonic relationships to see how the dynamic evolves, but I'm open to anything thru discussion :>
SETTINGS/PLOTS

I typically only use existing franchises as inspiration or settings. As this is updated, I'll mark any that I'm willing to play a canon character with an asterisk.
Halo
Among Us
COD:MWII*
The Muderbot Diaries
Fallout: New Vegas / Fallout 4
Skyrim
The Witcher

My defense for Among Us; it is unironically a really interesting setting for some sci-fi horror/action/thriller. Delicious.
Sci-fi
Fantasy
Action
Thriller
Adventure
Light horror
Slow burn
Dark Comedy
Mystery
Dystopian
PLOT ALBUM

Enemy of my Enemy
Fairly interested
Drama, Action/Adventure
optional romance, unhealthy relationships, double-life, broken trust, idiots in love... or are they?
The setting is up for debate But I was thinking maybe Dystopian/Sci-fi/Fantasy

π— π˜‚π˜€π—² 𝗔
An idealistic leader who seems to want to bring out the best in everyone. Complete facade. Actually wants world domination but very, very good at acting.
π— π˜‚π˜€π—² 𝗕
The realist second-in-command willing to Sully their hands to achieve π— π˜‚π˜€π—² 𝗔's apparent dream, but they've fallen for the farce as well.
π— π˜‚π˜€π—² 𝗔 originally only had π— π˜‚π˜€π—² 𝗕 work closely with them because of their almost foolhardy loyalty, but after years of working together, they both have started to grow attached to each other. π— π˜‚π˜€π—² 𝗔 fears π— π˜‚π˜€π—² 𝗕 finding out their plan, or more specifically how they will react when realizing that π— π˜‚π˜€π—² 𝗔 has been tricking everyone. π— π˜‚π˜€π—² 𝗕 has been in love with π— π˜‚π˜€π—² 𝗔 for a great deal longer than it seems, but they're both willing to disregard their feelings for The Cause. Besides that, they very much have π— π˜‚π˜€π—² 𝗔 on a bit of a pedestal in their mind, one which they never expect to reach.
Does Muse A eventually decide to reveal it to π— π˜‚π˜€π—² 𝗕? Or does π— π˜‚π˜€π—² 𝗕 find out on their own?

Inspirations
One of those ship dynamic drawings that were going around Pinterest. What can I say? I'm just a big ole sucker. There was also a group RP with two roles up; one was a queen who presented as the only pacifist in a time of war but didn't plan on following through with it, and the other was her guard who (obviously) was super loyal to her but didn't know that she was actually hella underhanded. This wasn't actually the plot of that RP at all, I just saw those two roles and basically went 'oh, worm?' and here we are.

///

God Save the Guardsmen
Fairly interested
Medieval Fantasy, Drama, Adventure, Romance
Depersonalization of knights, healing, genre-typical violence, the best way to solve your problems is to run away from them
The setting is down for discussion but is definitely a kingdom of some sort. I think adding some supernatural elements/magic could be really cool, I just don't know what it would be yet. To be quite honest it doesn't even need to be fantasy, it could probably work as sci-fi too.

π— π˜‚π˜€π—² 𝗔 is a Knight, part of the royal guard sworn to protect the King of the land. They are sworn to absolute loyalty and, among other things they are sworn to, they are sworn against romance.
π— π˜‚π˜€π—² 𝗕 is an ambassador from a far land who has come to speak with the king, things are much different where they come from. Among other things, such as a guide, and a room, the ambassador is guarded by π— π˜‚π˜€π—² 𝗔, as an act of Goodwill to endear the Ambassador to the kingdom, so that the negotiation that takes place during their visit will go that much better.
However, in π— π˜‚π˜€π—² 𝗕's kingdom, Knights are not treated the same way, so π— π˜‚π˜€π—² 𝗕 happily tries to converse with and befriend π— π˜‚π˜€π—² 𝗔. The knight quickly finds themself drawn to π— π˜‚π˜€π—² 𝗕, as they usually aren't given this much attention, and through The Ambassadors frequent and often lengthy visits, they slowly enter a relationship.
One that they both have to keep a secret.
π— π˜‚π˜€π—² 𝗕, fed up with the negotiations and having to hide their lover, eventually suggests running away- from both kingdoms. π— π˜‚π˜€π—² 𝗔 will have to choose between a safe life with their lover, or their sworn duty to the King as an honor guard, something that's been engraved into them for most of their life.

Inspirations
This artwork by Cassandra Jean!

///​

I’d be down to do a roleplay based on your second plot!

Toying with either the witcher, or Skyrim. I haven't played Skyrim for years, but I am good at catching up on games again. Maybe a crossover even.
Anyways call me interested c:

Toying with either the witcher, or Skyrim. I haven't played Skyrim for years, but I am good at catching up on games again. Maybe a crossover even.
Anyways call me interested c:
A crossover you say πŸ‘€ consider me interested as well. I'll dm you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back