• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Family Ties

Max stood outside of the penthouse / loft apartment on the upper side of town giving a heavy sigh. She was definitely not used to working for such a high class family but she was willing take the job and desperately needed the money. She knocked on the door frowning a little when she heard a child screaming on the other side. She looked up at the tall handsome man who opened the door "Hello, my name is Maxine, I'm here for the nanny position?"

Ubbe sat in the backroom of his family's strip club taking a chug of his ale. Things were becoming stressful and he was now tasked to fix the legal side of things that his cousin had some graciously fucked up. He took a deep breath as he looked over the roster getting ready to make cuts where they were needed even if he didn't necessarily want to.

Last edited:
The manager walked in to give him a bowl of snacks to keep him pleased, frowning when he saw what he was looking at “Mr ragnarsson…. If I may…” he gently pried the paper out of Ubbe’s hands and leant down on the table, taking a pen and circling three names. “These women all have kids. And they’re my best girls… you can get rid of whoever you like but not these ones. I won’t allow it.” He told him as firmly as possible, especially Carmen… Cherry on the list.” He told him frowning some.

Bill had been tearing his hair out all morning just trying to get the day going at all but since they’d woken up there had been screaming fits about almost every little thing from his daughter. He loved her more than anything and he would move mountains for her but at the same time he was never cut out to be a father. Her mother had died when Lilith was just a baby, leaving Bill to pick up the pieces with their little one. “Your timing couldn’t be better. “Lilith! Can you come downstairs and meet someone?” He called to her, “come on in, you want tea? Coffee? Anything?”

Ubbe frowned a bit as the manager took the sheet but soon gave a nod to his reasoning "Thank you...who would you say is the most difficult?" He asked making notes on who he would keep from the circles list. Trying to find how the hell his cousin ran this into the ground was difficult to say the least. The club was flourishing and yet they were barely making ends meet.

Max walked in nodding softly "Just water if thats alright." She said frowning when she heard a little girl scream 'No!' At him from across the room where she was playing with her dolls. She gave him a small sympathetic smile as he came back with his water "Rough morning?" She asked softly

Bill sighed heavily and got her a water. “No more than most.” He muttered. “Lilith I’m not asking you again. Get your butt over here. Now. Or no tv for a week.” He warned her.

He gave him tips for a little while longer until glancing at the clock. “The girls will all be here by now. You want me to send them in in any particular order?” He asked him.

Lilith frowned and stomped over with her bottom lip out in a pout. She had Bill's green eyes but the rest was her mother. She looked up at her father and then to the new woman in confusion "Who is she?"

Max bent down to the small girl giving a small smile "Hi there, I'm Max. I'll be your Nanny, are you okay with that?" She asked softly smiling a little more that the princess night gown she was in "Is Rapunzel your favorite princess?"

Ubbe gave a small nod to him as they finished up "Just send them in by their name on the list." He explained before handing over the list of girl they would have to let go.

He frowned a little and shook his head. “But I… alright.” He muttered, glancing down and seeing carmen was the first name on the list, going to collect her and sent her in to see him.

Carmen had just finished getting ready, following the manager when he collected her and followed him to the office, heading inside and having to pause, staring at the man sat at the desk. “You asked to see me?” She questioned him. She hadn’t seen Ubbe in almost six years, not any of them for six years and she had hoped to keep it that way.

Bill sighed softly as she just hid behind his legs. “Sweetheart come on, max is very nice and she’s gonna be looking after you while I’m working.” He told her gently, prying her off of him and set her back down so she was in front of max. “All the lists and stuff are on the fridge, feel free to look around and get acquainted with the house.” He told her, leaving quickly after that.

Ubbe kept his head down as he went through a few papers "Please sit." He said gesturing to the chair. His gruff voice trying to sound as nice as possible. He finally looked up as Carmen spoke and his blue eyes turned to saucers "Carmen?" He questioned as he looked face to face with the woman he had once loved.

Max gave him a small nod before he left. She watched Lilith some and gave a small smile "Would you like some breakfast?" She asked softly giving a small frown as the little girl gave her a scared look "Hey there...don't be scared okay? I promise I'll never hurt you." She said sweetly before sticking her pinky out "I'll even pinky promise you on it."

She frowned, staying standing and continued to stare at him. "Yes... I was wondering how long it would take for you to find out I was here." She muttered then paused "But that's not why you're here." She sighed a little, "Ubbe... you can stop staring... I got work to do so can we speed this up." She told him coldly, all the light from her eyes long gone and the cold shoulder was all she knew these days.

Lilith frowned and shook her head "No! You gonna go like the other ladies." She told her frowning more and crossing her arms "You only be here a little while." She muttered, going to find the dog in her Dad's room to play with him, leaving her new nanny stood there

Max frowned at the child and sighed heavily. She got up and went to check the kitchen for food. Though as she looked through everything she found that he barely had anything there. She sighed heavily again and shook her head some before going to look through the house finding Lilith in the mast bedroom "Whats your puppy's name?" She asked

Ubbe just stared at her for a bit not able to form the right words. He frowned at her coldness shaking her head some "Well I'll be handling the club from now on not Bill. Things have gone into the ground so there will be some changes made." He explained before giving a heavy sigh

She frowned and rolled her eyes "Alright... Don't know why it needed to be a private meeting but whatever." She muttered, starting to walk out until she felt him grab her arm, tensing a little. She had left without a word one day, just disappeared into thin air for six years and finally come back when she had no other options. "Ubbe... what are you doing?" She asked him quietly.

Lilith frowned some "I call him Obi but Daddy calls him little shit." She told her plainly and looked up "I don't wanna get dressed today." She told her seriously "Daddy doesn't make me get dressed whjen I don't want to."m She muttered, glaring at this woman a littlem not expecting this one to stick around. She'd already been through four nannies in the past six months

Ubbe quickly followed as she got up and grabbed her arm gently "I can't believe I'm seeing you again...I thought....gods I worried about you so much." He admits quietly not wanting to let her from his sight. She was well and truely the only woman he ever loved. Sure his current fianceé, Margrethe, he felt for but she couldn't hold a candle to his feelings for Carmen.

Max raised an eyebrow at her and gave a small nod "Obi huh? Thats a nice name." She said before petting the dog behind its ears "You don't want to get dressed huh? Well I think its about time we get dressed no matter what. You never know what might be in store." She explained before standing up "Come show me your room with Obi, we can figure out what to do."

She frowned and shook her head "You didn't need to. Clearly I'm fine." She mumbled, pulling her arm from his grip, "I need to get working, unlike some of us, I have to earn my way to pay the bills for me and my daughter. Not all of us get handed things on a silver platter." She muttered, walking away to go get her shift started properly, not seeing him again til the end of the evening when she was stood outside and she saw his car pull up, trying to ignore him rolling down the window "What do you want?" She questioned him while she waited on her ride.

Lilith grumbled but agreed and took her to her room, climbing over piles of clothes to get to her bed, giggling when the dog jumped up to cuddle her on the bed as well. "When are you going to leave?" She asked her frowning over at Max, not wanting her there

Ubbe's night had been derailed after that. He could barely think straight and the fact she has a daughter was a shock too. He wondered who the father was and if she was still with him.as he pulled off to leave for the night he caught sight of her outside. He pulled up infront of her and rolled his window down "Let me take you home, or close to home. I'd like to talk with you." He called to her.

Max went a bit wide eyed when she saw the state of her room and shook her head some "Well I get to leave when your Dad gets home from work." She explained as she started to pick up the clothes on the floor so she could wash them "Now, pick out a shirt and some shorts to wear okay? Its warm today."

She frowned and shook her head. “I don’t need your pity Ubbe… or your help.” She muttered but when he refused to leave she just rolled her eyes and finally gave in, getting in the car, “what do you want?”

She frowned and shook her head. “You never stay.” She mumbled frowning some and stomping her foot. “I’m no getting dressed.” She told her

Ubbe frowned more as he watched her shaking his head a bit "I'm not looking to give you pity. I'm looking to talk with you." He said before she got in the car with him "How old isbyour daughter?" He asked softly

Max frowned more and shook her head "You are getting dressed missy ma'am. Don't you want to take Obi on a walk?" She asked raising an eyebrow laughing softly as the dog started to get excited "See? He wants to go, but we can't if you're not dressed."

Carmen frowned some and stared at him while he drove. “You wanna ask me outright what you’re really wondering?” She questioned him. “Cause the answer is no. She’s not your kid.” She told him firmly. “Ubbe what do you want from me?” She asked him. “I never did do beating around the bush.” She muttered

She frowned and shook her head, crossing her arMs. She continued to be difficult for most of the day until a couple hours before bill was arriving home.

Ubbe frowned deeply and gave her a small nod "I just want to know why you left. I thought we were doing good. Shit I was ready to marry you." He said quietly gripping at his steering wheel some.

Max looked over at Bill as he came in for the day frowning some "She just went down for a nap." She said softly before sighing a bit "Her clothes are in the dryer, if you would like I'll fold them tomorrow. Am I allowed to take her out to the store? I'm not trying to sound rude but you desperately need food in this place fot her to eat."

She frowned and shrugged. “I don’t think it matters anymore. It was a long time ago… plus I hear you’re engaged now.” She pointed out. “I’ve talked to bill. He knows I’m back.” She explained. “Turn right here.”

Bill frowned some. “There is food… in the freezer. In the utility room.” He frowned. “Why didn’t you call and ask where it all was?” He sighed some. “Plus groceries get delivered each week.” He muttered. “Was she a pain in the ass?”

Max frowned and nodded a bit "Frozen waffles and Ramen are not the proper diet for a small child Mr. Skarsgard." She explained before giving a heavy sigh "She was okay, she does not think that I will be around long. But we are making some headway." She explained before grabbing her purse "I think it would be good for her to go out and do things through the day. She seems to only know this house." She said before making her way towards the door.

Ubbe sighed heavily and turned when she said to "Heh...yeah engaged....it may be the past but Carmen you were my everything. Again I thought we were good, what happened? Was it something I did?"

Carmen glared at him "Next left. If it was something you had done do you really think me of all people would have just walked away?" She muttered "I don't... I don't need to answer that. Cause I'm shocked you don't know." She muttered, "I just want to go home." She told him, crossing her arms and gave him directions until they pulled up. "I'm sorry if you are not happy in your current engagement... I fail to see how that is my problem though... I didn't make you propose to her and there's not much point dredging up old wounds." She muttered, getting out once he pulled up to her place "Thanks for the ride." She mutered, going up to her front door and opening it, going straight to check in on her little girl before going to bed.

Bill sneered a little "She's right y'know... you won't last long if you keep telling me how to look after my kid." He told her seriously, "She leaves the house a ton, she goes to school three days a week for crying out loud... You've been here one day I hope you come back tomorrow with a better attitude." He told her seriously and opened the door for her, shutting it behind her quickly before going to get Lilith from her room, "Hey sweetheart. How'd you get on with that new woman?" He asked her quietly

Ubbe frowned deeply as they got to her place and parked "You're right, my current engagement situation is not your fault or problem. I never said it was. I just wanted to know what happened to make you leave, but if you don't want to say anything, fine I'll leave it alone." He said before she got out of the car "You're welcome...see you around." He muttered before pulling off not even waiting to see her go inside.

Lilith rubbed the sleep from her eyes and frowned softly "She make me get dressed, but we took Obi walking. He was happy." She said quietly before yawning some "She clean my room too, and she make me waffles." She murmured before reaching for her dad feeling cuddly at the moment.

He nodded "I can see that... Did you happen to tell her that I've been trying to get you to help me clean for three days?" He chuckled, tickling her a little and lifted her up, holding her tight, "You wanna go get dinner at the pizza place?" He asked her quietly, kissing her head. She really was the most important thing in the world to him and he knew he wasn't the best father but he certainly tried to make up for it by showing her how much he loved her.

Carmen woke up early in the morning to hands on her face and groaned a little, "Lulu it's not even eight yet.... You just wanna come cuddle?" She asked, opening one eye to look up at her little one, sighing quietly.

Lilith giggled some and shook her head a bit "Uh uh." She said before squealing as he tickled her. She cuddled up close to him and nodded happily "Yeah pizza!" She said excitedly before starting to smoosh his cheeks together "Squidshy cheeks Daddy!"

Lulu smiled at her mom as she slept poking her cheek before nodding "I had a bad dream Mommy." She said quietly before moving to cuddle up close to her mom. "The bad man came again....and he got you too." She whimpered clutching her mother's shirt like a security blanket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back