• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Fallout: The Iron Wasteland

But aren't robobrains defined in lore mostly united states military "property"? You'd have to be a united states soldier or engineer? Or know one at least.

Karcen said:
if i gave them 10 int and simply did some work on an old factory to get it goign for a little while and to leave out the mind wipe bit
Then you'd also have to have every part, and afew trusty companions to rip your brain out and into it without single complication. And new parts and materials unless cleaned or such is mostly rusty and broken. So that'd be a horrible body?

in most lore they were built for the military but weren't made by it

if you get the place up and running enough you could assume the machines could handle that all not to mention as far as parts if your in a factory there bound to be some good parts this setting has 200 year old food that is still good a few robot parts aren't to far fetched

or hell here is another crazy idea maybe some post war person mind wiped a normal one and put their memories into them

well you could say some form of memory pods and some other tech really is it that bad to just have a robobrain that is just a person in a roboic body if they can put a robot brain in a synth and have people relive memories then perhaps someone can put their brain in another human brain

.... that is technically possible with a modified version of of the nerve suit seen in the operation Anchorage DLC and a completely memory wiped brain already in the robot body. Then it's just a process hmm whelp

[QUOTE="Jack in the Box].... that is technically possible with a modified version of of the nerve suit seen in the operation Anchorage DLC and a completely memory wiped brain already in the robot body. Then it's just a process hmm whelp

[/QUOTE]
The nerve suit is the experience. They don't actually walk around in the pod.

still it is shown that in fallout they had the tech to manipulate the mind enough to move it from one body to another

Karcen said:
still it is shown that in fallout they had the tech to manipulate the mind enough to move it from one body to another
Which only the most advanced companies could do.

or just one smart wastelander as that happens in fallout 4 robot to a synth so it can be done even 200 years after things went to hell

Karcen said:
or just one smart wastelander as that happens in fallout 4 robot to a synth so it can be done even 200 years after things went to hell
These are highly unique situations.

.......... I don't know what to do here how about this you show us your character with a DETAILED reason why your a robobrain and let see what happens you OK with that Pat?

Last edited by a moderator:
honestly having to constantly fight and justify it has made me say fuck it at this point this is just a long no

Karcen said:
honestly having to constantly fight and justify it has made me say fuck it at this point this is just a long no
I've seen someone make a character that is a human in a cyberdog's body. That also is an alcoholic, knows surgery, and has a concealed minigun within her rump.

and here i just want to do a robobrain because those are common enough to have found some the tech is out there to move the mind over all it takes is someone getting lucky

Karcen said:
and here i just want to do a robobrain because those are common enough to have found some the tech is out there to move the mind over all it takes is someone getting lucky
Explain why this technology is in Minnesota.

Karcen said:
You could make the character, I just want this to be realistic, and potentially even lore friendly.

realistic.... this is a franchise where cold fusion is common, there is food that is still good after sitting out for 200 years and where they can create artificial humans what is so unbelievable about one person moving their memories over to a robot. the think tank is proof you can have something like this in fall out 3 there was a guy that was just a floating brain in a tube .

as for what it is all doing there with how the memory den works they were either publicly used or they are common enough that one place could trade to get like 20 or them what is not lore friendly about someone trading or finding another.

Karcen said:
realistic.... this is a franchise where cold fusion is common, there is food that is still good after sitting out for 200 years and where they can create artificial humans what is so unbelievable about one person moving their memories over to a robot. the think tank is proof you can have something like this in fall out 3 there was a guy that was just a floating brain in a tube .
as for what it is all doing there with how the memory den works they were either publicly used or they are common enough that one place could trade to get like 20 or them what is not lore friendly about someone trading or finding another.
Wow. That really opened my eyes.

We know Fallout is a fictional universe, but why would this happen in this rough area which I specifically said was mostly isolated from the rest of the world?

The Think Tank were the smartest minds that the world had to offer.

The Memory Den is likely the result of the modification of one simulation pod and then the manufacture of several more based off that, evidenced by the TV screens that get shoved in your face when you sit in one. Doctor Amari is obviously a special case. Just because one person does something doesn't mean everyone suddenly can, this is also in the year 2277, we don't even know if the Memory Den is functional yet even, or if Synths are really advanced.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well to be honest if not alot, most things in fallout are realistic.

I mean you could make a actual mini nuke, but the radiation and such would be so catastrophic it'd be used more so for say. Like a b-17 with a 100 of them. Or a suicide bomb.

my big idea was just a robobrain that could actually want and do things themselves but to do that they need to be free of the mind control otherwise they are just doing what they were programmed to do and at that point i might as well play yes man

Users who are viewing this thread

Back