• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Fallout: East Coast {OOC} {M}

I might though given I started a game already I don't think I can switch mid game and I am not starting over in frost

I say start now. We're a small group sure, but we can always add more folks later. I think what would be best to get us all started however is putting us somewhere were we would all naturally come together, maybe throw some action that'll give us a reason to work with or against each other.

Name: Seras Archer
Race: Human
Description:
naecIJb.jpg

Equipment:
PGM Hecate II Custom - Used to be an anti-material rifle, but because the bullets for it were hard to find, it has been modified to use more common .308 rounds instead. Has a carbon-fibre body to decrease it's weight and length without compromising it's effectiveness as a sniper rifle.
Colt M1911A1 - A .45 auto pistol from back when Seras was still working in New Canaan back in Utah. Fitted with an improved slider for better durability and a silencer.
Bowie Knife - A big but simple knife for survival use and fighting. Seras uses it alongside her pistol in combat.
Desert Ranger Combat Armor - Seras' personal armor when she used to shoot for the NCR. She still has the suit and helmet, but will generally go without the helmet unless she's expecting a fight. The helmet is equipped with night vision goggles which she can wear separately.

Biography: A former ranger turned mercenary after a disastrous battle caused her to lose contact with her unit. Despite having served the NCR loyally for years, she felt that recent developments were not something she believed in and thus left to pursue her own interest, effectively deserting. She started moving east, guarding caravans and occasionally working as a bounty hunter, before she arrived to Connecticut while working for the People's Commonwealth Army Development Force. She hopes that these folks don't have the same expansionists mindset that the NCR had, and genuinely just wants to help people out, but she's starting to have second thoughts seeing that the army may be gearing up to annex Connecticut under the pretense of routing out the Gunners.

Depends if they're trying to convince her that they're genuinely just trying to take out the Gunners, or if they try to sell her the idea that it's better for everyone to be part of the Commonwealth. Seras joined the NCR to protect her country, but as she served it became abundantly clear that all of these "proactive protection operations" were just a pretext to expand beyond their borders to annex other nations and force them to give them supplies to feed their greed. She's seen it happen once, and she's seen it happen many times after she left.

Oh yeah I get that I've learned my Fallout lore and I saw what happened in NV (even though NCR was my most common ending because it was arguably the best ending)

I liked the writing in New Vegas. While it's pretty easy to just say that the Legion are bad guys since they don't exactly present themselves as anything better than a massive raider tribe, the NCR is still writhe with realistic problems that wouldn't be out of place in a modern, pre-war time. Though I also wish that there was more you could do for the Wild Card ending to establish yourself as a strong independent nation. Honestly, I kinda hope that the Fallout 4 mod that just straight up recreates new vegas on the FO4 engine finishes sometime within my lifetime, and we can see the possibilities of making settlements like Goodsprings, Primm, Jacobstown, etc become thriving communities that don't need NCR support or Mr. House's megalomania.

Oh I liked the idea of the Wild Card ending, but at the end Yes Man mentions updates to his software to make him "more assertive" implying he might go the way of House. But I agree, the NCR was already having issues with over extension of supply lanes and the like.

She looks cool. Hope she doesn't end up shooting my dude even if he looks like a raider. As mentioned in the interest check, despite his origins I hope that we don't just immediately dissolve into PvP. Donny is trying to rebrand himself as a more heroic figure by taking on these gunners on behalf of the people of Connecticut.

Oh I liked the idea of the Wild Card ending, but at the end Yes Man mentions updates to his software to make him "more assertive" implying he might go the way of House. But I agree, the NCR was already having issues with over extension of supply lanes and the like.

I was always under the impression that the assertive software update was just to make sure that if you, the Courier, end up dying in the future, someone else can't just come by and boss Yesman around to take over like you did. Though it's definitely a double-edge sword since we've all seen how reprogramming machines to make "smarter" decisions end up turning real bad for everyone else.

She looks cool. Hope she doesn't end up shooting my dude even if he looks like a raider. As mentioned in the interest check, despite his origins I hope that we don't just immediately dissolve into PvP. Donny is trying to rebrand himself as a more heroic figure by taking on these gunners on behalf of the people of Connecticut.
Don't worry if he's really moving away from his old Raider ways he wont be attacked. Understandably mistrusted by a couple of characters at the very least but I'm not planning for PvP but I'm not counting it out either XD

Ye. Though I can also totally see him having difficulties later if we have to go help a settlement that he did raid in the past, and they still remember what he did. Likely it would be some sort of industrial settlement based around scavenging machine parts or something, since that's likely a location that Donny would want stuff from. Most of the settlements he's already friendly and protecting are farming settlements that provide food supplies and water, since he and his crew do scavenging operations themselves.

Speaking of crew, I'll probs leave them as NPC's. Don't intend to make them like, battle cohorts or anything, since most of them are suppose to be working on building robots and such. Combat capable yeah, but they won't be in the thick of it like Donny is, at least not anymore.

Would she be interested in teaming up with Donny if he constructs a robot beast for her to tame? Donny doesn't have any particular aversion to animals this time since I didn't write in the old raider boss dogs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back