• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Falling Apart (Multifandom RP) [OOC CHATTER]

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
The final squads:

Clash in the Skies (Point Defense) - Falcon [+Rioter], Sagittarius, Pit, and Ib
Alolan Tropics (Investigate) - Mr. Dark, Sam, Narancia, Pixels
Earthly Chaos (Hostage Situation) - Commander, Mei, Cat, and Joe

Pixels was moved over to Alolan Tropics, due to the lack of active characters, and no others selecting the Half-Life universe.
Ib was automatically assigned to Clash in the Skies, as it was her only option.

wait, so i can't join? or should i make three or some noise characters to go in each team?

you are accepted - its just that these teams were started and stuff before you showed intrigue. if you were to make a character, they'd be brought in with the next 'batch' - so to speak - which i would assume would be after these missions are completed. Bozanoe Bozanoe

i already know the first character i'm going to pick, so i'm currently reading up on the rules and preparing to make a cs sheet.

question: is it 12 points to go to each thing or 12 points to choose from based on the character's strengths? because i assume it would be the former but the other cses say otherwise.

i already know the first character i'm going to pick, so i'm currently reading up on the rules and preparing to make a cs sheet.

question: is it 12 points to go to each thing or 12 points to choose from based on the character's strengths? because i assume it would be the former but the other cses say otherwise.
You have 12 points to distribute over all of the character's stats. Luck starts at 0, due to its game-changing power.

okay, but is is it a single pool of 12 points to allocate or 12 points per stat?

okay, but is is it a single pool of 12 points to allocate or 12 points per stat?
You get a single pool of 12 points to distribute among any stats you choose, based on the character's stats. The pool is shared.
Points can be added to this pool by deducting points from other stats.

the pool being shared doesn't exactly add up to the actual stats. like, lets take Mei for instance since it's the first one that I saw who I know was accepted. Her ECH/RES are both 11, which equals 22. so either i'm missing something (probable) or something's actually wrong in the scenario (unlikely)

Message from Tetsuya:
"While she was returning from the mission with you guys, I extracted a sample of the Teen Rioter's DNA, and processed it through a Data Tracker/Processor Core. Her information will be available shortly!
PS. Highest stat = Perception."

the pool being shared doesn't exactly add up to the actual stats. like, lets take Mei for instance since it's the first one that I saw who I know was accepted. Her ECH/RES are both 11, which equals 22. so either i'm missing something (probable) or something's actually wrong in the scenario (unlikely)
All stats, excluding Luck, have a base value of 10.
Luck has a starting value of 0.

God, I'm super confused.

Okay. So. The question is: Do all of the stats mentioned in the CS and in the notes share a pool of 12 points? And if so, how are cases such as Mei or literally anyone else possible?

God, I'm super confused.

Okay. So. The question is: Do all of the stats mentioned in the CS and in the notes share a pool of 12 points? And if so, how are cases such as Mei or literally anyone else possible?

you can add and remove points as you see fit - think of it this way. you get 112 points to distribute across all the stats. as long as the total of all the stats = 112, you should be good to go

Okay. I was just confused on the small limit of 12, and how it would make these stats possible.

God, I'm super confused.

The point pool is shared among all stats.
For example, if I wanted to distribute 5 extra points to my EDR stat, I'd have 7 points remaining to distribute towards any others, so I could use 3 on AGI, 2 on CHA, 2 on PER, whatever. As long as it's within the limit.

EDIT: You can also subtract from other stats in order to place more points into the shared pool.
Ex. I take away 2 points from DEF, leaving me with 8 in that stat. But now I have 14 points to distribute instead of 12.

The quota is 12, no? And if it is, then how are the stats like such possible? I'm sorry but this is honestly really confusing me.

The quota is 12, no? And if it is, then how are the stats like such possible? I'm sorry but this is honestly really confusing me.
Each stat (except for Luck) begins with a value of 10.
Take Mei for an example. I subtracted 3 points from her Agility stat, which left me with 15 points to distribute.
Now, I take all of the points I added to each stat...
3 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 6 + 2 = 15 - 3 = 12.

Okay-- I fucking-- this is way too confusing. I just... my brain is fried. I don't think I'm going to join, deepest apologies.

I have a plan for a Darkest Dungeon hero to join the fight, but what's the current roster of heroes looking like right now?

Cat and Falcon are definitely full-offensive character. The former is capable of outputting high amounts of physical damage with little effort, while Falcon has more tools, more potential status ailments, and an all-around key tool in the Blue Falcon.

Pit is also capable of high damage output, with access to self-healing, an insane accuracy buff, knockdown, projectile reflection, and temporary flight as additional tools. I suppose he's a 'jack of all trades'.

Highest health character at the moment is Sam (200k), who also has extra defense against physical attacks. However, he doesn't fit the role of 'tank' - he's better at working behind enemy lines toward the objective. However, the revolver can output huge damage, even if it is slow in firing.

No dedicated healers, except maybe Ib with her handkerchief (but that hasn't really been explained) and the Commander with his 10 medkits. Ib might be good at scouting enemy positions and fooling her opponents, and the Commander is a utility man for certain - he can defend himself, but he excels at assisting his teammates with all of those crazy ailments.

Mr. Dark seems like an absolute nightmare to deal with, given that he can cast a plethora of spells and also summon either a clone or Darkray to do his bidding, but he is defensively frail. Narancia is yet another high-damage character - he outputs substantial harm thanks to his Stand's abilities, but is also a high roller; his attacks are hit-or-miss. Sagittarius is the sniper character, possessing a lot of clever tricks that let her deal that high burst damage.

Joseph seems to be like a supportive offense character, dealing good damage, with additional utility in his javelin sharing and Necromorph transformation.
Pixels is definitely a supportive character; he is capable of removing some devastating tricks the enemies may have access to, and can also pester them with debuffs and laser fire.

Finally, Mei is a tough defensive unit, being able to slow her foes down and pestering them with cold status ailments. She can also defend her team or block off certain areas with her wall, can heal herself with Cryo-Freeze, and can scout for/take out unseen enemies by tossing out Snowball. She also has access to Blizzard, a great way to secure a location for a few turns, while rendering any enemy within the hypercoolant cloud basically useless. However, this has a long cooldown.

So, either of those roles would be appreciated, seeing as we don't have a true occurrence of either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back