• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Fallen Blossom Shrine] Falling to Rise

Crymaria wrapped in her usual cloak followed the long and windy road that she had been traveling on for some time now. While she was used to colder weather, it was still nice to being dressed in warm clothes. Looking over at Boris as the bear was carrying a rather large amount of supplies that they had been hired to deliver.

Pausing for a moment, she pulled out the map and looked around, "We are almost there Comrade Boris," Crymaria stated as she nodded her head, folding the map up and continuing down the path. In truth, she had taken this job to potentially find someone to train her in a martial style of this world. She had heard about the beastmen republic though she had never traveled to it or in it before. Mainly sticking to the Empires in the south and Ryke of course.

Boris let out a huff as they continued on their way, making his annoyance with the weight known. As the two followed the path that was on the map to meet up with the caravan in a specific location. Every now and then getting glances from the local beastmen had become an occurrence, though she had grown accustomed to the whole thing rather quickly.

Eventually reaching the spot marked on the map, she stopped at the gate to a shrine, looking over at Boris, "Well Comrade Boris, I think this is the place, once we are inside we can get the supplies off." Crymaria stated as she patted the bear on the head before approaching the gate. "Hello Comrades, I am looking for Comrade Masanori I was told to deliver some supplies." Crymaria called out.

mentions: TheTimePiece TheTimePiece gmimperfecti gmimperfecti LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Akudon Akudon

Upon approaching to investigate, Alfis found what seemed to be a battle in progress. Although there was some difficulty, the Tanuki managed to defeat their Tengu enemies. Though Alfis was more familiar with the man in a more casual environment, he grew more confident as time passed that the stoic and commanding figure was Kiryoku.

Although he felt slightly awkward and out of place, Alfis chose to approach the group to greet the man. To avoid interrupting and becoming a nuisance, he decided to stand off to the side and make himself as unnoticeable until they were finished with their business.

Kiryoku left Yukan and the other initiates behind as he marched towards the Shrine of the Fallen Blossom on some other sort of business. He paused every now and then to take a swig of his saki. His path meandered and he passed by several different clusters of onlookers. Each time he would pause, say a few words, and move on. It seemed several of the different houses and factions were present and Kiryoku seemed to stumble upon the most important ones. In this way, he ended up passing by Alfis. Like the others, he paused.

“Gina finally let you off your leash. Good, now go lose your first fifty games as quickly as possible.” He paused peering down at the jug of saki. “Masanori recruited you didn’t he?” Without waiting for an answer, Kiryoku turned and peered back towards Yukan, Masanori, Whiteclaw, and Tadakatsu. He grunted. “Not as useless as I thought.” Shaking his head Kiryoku continued on towards the shrine.

Yukan listened to what everyone had to say intently keeping his serious stance.

Once Whiteclaw stopped talking. He looked over towards everyone and shifted away from the group in as authoritative stance he could muster.

"Thank you for the brief, Whiteclaw-sama "

Whiteclaw nodded his head in acknowledgement. The Tengu Ixtal made to say something, but she was silenced by a shake of Whiteclaw’s head. Ixtal dressed in black, complementing her blue-black raven feathers remained half a step behind Whiteclaw.

He then initiated Leadership F for what he was going to say with delegation. "Now then, I think it's safe to say that everyone here could use some time to rest, we've all been very active the last few days including today and could use some time to recuperate and eat, before we finish gathering our belongings for the upcoming journey and depart, the earlier we finish this task the better. Fatigue simply will not do for an important task like hunting for an event of this scale."

“Yes commander,” Whiteclaw said, turning to the archers and shadow assassins.

Yukan then turned to Masanori and nodded in confirmation that he agreed with Masanori gathering them. "Please let your father know that his generosity is appreciated. Would it be possible for him to provide us with some Metsubushi, ideally large target grade, and powder?, they don't have to be military grade but, It'd be helpful if the powder provided could include a some additional irritant agents for potency but it's not a necessity, we don't need enough for everyone here, but a few would be strategically advantageous to have it as an option; if it works on helping to subdue criminals, then I could see the benefit in taking some to help us subdue our Toad."

“That can be arranged-” Masanori started.

Ixtal cut in, “We both have metsubushi as well as a few other options. If that’s all you want, we can procure a few more.”

Masanori scowled but then he caught Alfis in the distance with Kiryoku. “Ah I hadn’t realized Magus Alfis had arrived. He knows magics of the earth.” Masanori gestured Alfis over.

“And if you need anything else, don’t hesitate to ask.”

Ixtal glared at Masanori, but if Alfis was a real magus and capable of earth magic there wasn’t much to be said. Such skills were uncommon and a very strong composition of the logistic unit. Whiteclaw frowned as he watched Alfis but made no comment.

Tadakatsu’s eyes narrowed, but before he could make a comment, Yukan continued.

He then looked towards Tadakatsu, and gave him a nod too, "Tadakatsu-san, all of our fellow clansmen know of your martial ability and sense for the battlefield you showed it earlier with your resolve with your units, and many times before, you are well respected, I think that it would be advantageous if you led some training drills before we departed, as I have the utmost trust in your capabilities."

Tadakatsu nodded, “Of course, commander. Unit cohesion and coordination will be vital for our success.”

Masanori snorted. “Logistics wins wars, not weapons. Speaking of which.”

"As you are all aware , I have some business to attend to at the shrine..before we depart." However Yukan's Nose did twitch a bit as he focused in on many new smells. He used Heightened Sense [Smell] F to hone in on them, before looking over that way.

"It would appear we have ourselves visitors." He finished up. Ready to see and hear whatever would entail before he headed to the shrine.

Indicus jogged down the path and was soon met with a gathering of many beastkin around a field adjacent to the shrine. As he got closer he recognized the Masanori family member from the description he was given by the caravan leader and he also recognized the white tiger beastkin waiting at the edge of the field as someone that was with the same caravan as himself, though they did not talk much. Indicus readied the letter of recommendation he got from the caravan leader as he slowed down stopping near the white tiger beastkin.

Masanori spoke up gesturing towards Indicus. Dragon kin were rare and Masanori was apparently well acquainted with who was going to arrive and who he wanted in his logistics unit. Indeed, despite only having just been formally confirmed, much was already falling into place. Masanori took the letter but didn’t read it.

“Indicus will also be joining the Komodo logistics unit. He will serve to defend the unit, plus he will aid in field dressing what we capture and cooking as needed. Like all his kind, he has potent flame breath.”
[/QUOTE]

Crymaria wrapped in her usual cloak followed the long and windy road that she had been traveling on for some time now. Boris let out a huff as they continued on their way, making his annoyance with the weight known.

Crymaria stated as she patted the bear on the head before approaching the gate. "Hello Comrades, I am looking for Comrade Masanori I was told to deliver some supplies." Crymaria called out.

Masanori nods, frowns slightly at Crymaria’s human appearance, but glosses over that fact. “Ah and the Bear Boris, I’ve heard so much about you.”

Tadakatsu rolls his eyes, “Are you making a menagerie? I question whether we should let you put together the logistics unit. This is just too much.”

Whiteclaw frowns but looks to Yukan.

OOC

Mentions:
  • The Narrator - gmimperfecti gmimperfecti
  • Yukan Koyake, TheTimePiece TheTimePiece . HP 2/2
    • NPC Companion F - Daisuke, Koyake Initiate (Melee Spear E2, Shamed, Hurt); HP 3/3
    • NPC Minions F - 5x Koyake Initiates (Melee Spear F2, Team-up 6). HP5/5
  • NPC Mentor Fifth Spear Kiryoku.
    • Second dan of the Fallen Spear [C-]
    • First dan of the Drunken Claw [D]
  • NPC Rival E - Tadakatsu (Melee Spear E3, Leadership F, Associate F, Martial Leader) HP 3/3
    • NPC Minions E - 5x Rabble Army (Melee Spear F2, Team-up 6). HP 3/5
  • NPC Rival E - Masanori (Melee Spear F2, Wealth F, Associate E, Wealthy Scion) HP 2/2
    • NPC Minions E - 5x Rabble Army (Melee Spear F2, Team-up 6). HP 1/5
  • NPC Opponent Whiteclaw (Archer E4) HP 3/3
    • NPC Opponent 2 - Archer E3, HP 2/2
    • NPC Opponent 3 - Archer E3, HP 2/2
  • NPC Opponent Assassin Pair (+7, +5, +5; HP2)
    • NPC Opponent 4 - Tengu Assassin E5, HP 1/1
    • NPC Opponent 5 - Tengu Assassin E5, HP 1/1

Last edited:

Crymaria took note of the frown and simply shook his off, she was here to accomplish her task. What look the locals gave her was of no consequence to her. She wasn't entirely sure what as going on here though there seemed to be more people. Though from what she could tell they were all beastkin of some kind.

"Where do you want these supplies? We have traveled for awhile and Comrade Boris would no doubt like to be rid of the weight for a little while," Crymaria stated as she looked at the man who seemed to be the man she was looking for. Though the others that were talking didn't seem to happy with some that was going on.

"Comrade Boris can move things around though, I can't say that we have ever done a supply mission using him as the pack mule," Crymaria stated slightly annoyed there wasn't a horse or a mule selected as she once again patted the bear on the head. Though by this point she was just going to drop the supplies right there. Not wasting much time as she started to remove the supplies from her comrade's back to let the bear get a little relief even if it was only for a little bit.

mentions: TheTimePiece TheTimePiece gmimperfecti gmimperfecti LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Akudon Akudon

aac18cf6-2021-477d-9af6-be150bd47124 (1).jpgAlfis
Kiryoku left Yukan and the other initiates behind as he marched towards the Shrine of the Fallen Blossom on some other sort of business. He paused every now and then to take a swig of his saki. His path meandered and he passed by several different clusters of onlookers. Each time he would pause, say a few words, and move on. It seemed several of the different houses and factions were present and Kiryoku seemed to stumble upon the most important ones. In this way, he ended up passing by Alfis. Like the others, he paused.

“Gina finally let you off your leash. Now, lose your first fifty games as quickly as possible.” He paused peering down at the jug of saki. “Masanori recruited you didn’t he?” Without waiting for an answer, Kiryoku turned and peered back towards Yukan, Masanori, Whiteclaw, and Tadakatsu. He grunted. “Not as useless as I thought.” Shaking his head Kiryoku continued on towards the shrine.

It seems that Kiryoku had deemed that he was no longer needed before the discussions involving the Commander had finished, drifting from group to group before eventually reaching Alfis. Although not entirely incorrect, Alfis still had mixed feelings when Kiryoku acted as if he had been tied down until this point. If he were focused only on his goals, he would have ventured out as soon as he deemed himself capable enough to begin gaining experience with the minimal amount of danger involved. Ultimately, he stuck around longer than he should have due to his concerns for his mother and only left upon her insistence.

Before Alfis could figure out how to formulate a response, Kiryoku turned the discussion to his employment. Giving his affirmation with a nod, though the Tanuki had already turned his head away as he did. In the end, he only replied with a simple "Yes." Alfis ended up getting surprised due to receiving a rare compliment from Kiryoku, even if only indirectly. Perhaps bashful, the Tanuki tried to leave before anyone could think too deeply about it. After a pause, calling out to the man's back, "Things have been too quiet, and we keep ordering more drinks than we need to lately."

Masanori scowled but then he caught Alfis in the distance with Kiryoku. “Ah I hadn’t realized Magus Alfis had arrived. He knows magics of the earth.” Masanori gestured Alfis over.

“And if you need anything else, don’t hesitate to ask.”

It seemed that Alfis' short chat with Kiryoku had made him stand out even further, garnering the attention of Masanori and one of the Tengu he was speaking with. "It's good to see you again, Masanori. You know I'm always happy to be of assistance to a friend," he said as he approached, offering a light smile and polite bow to two men and then the Commander. "A pleasure, Commander." Though not entirely sure his skills were anything to laud over to such a degree, it was clear that Masanori was attempting to curry favor, and Alfis only benefited by assisting him.

Indicus jogged down the path and was soon met with a gathering of many beastkin around a field adjacent to the shrine. As he got closer, he recognized the Masanori family member from the description the caravan leader gave him. He also recognized the white tiger beastkin waiting at the edge of the field as someone with the same caravan as himself, though they did not talk much. Indicus readied the letter of recommendation he got from the caravan leader as he slowed down stopping near the white tiger beastkin.
Eventually reaching the spot marked on the map, she stopped at the gate to a shrine, looking over at Boris, "Well Comrade Boris, I think this is the place, once we are inside we can get the supplies off." Crymaria stated as she patted the bear on the head before approaching the gate. "Hello Comrades, I am looking for Comrade Masanori I was told to deliver some supplies." Crymaria called out.

It seemed as if Alfis was not the only person Masanori had recruited. Two, or rather three, more unusual individuals were joining them. Both he had encountered during his travels with the caravan.
Indicus came off as a relatively quiet and diligent individual, which gave Alfis a rather good impression of the man. The other two were, of course, "comrades" Crymaria and Boris. Honestly, Alfis had no idea what to make of the two. Humans weren't the majority in the public, even more so those with an animal companion they did not use as a mount or for pulling carts. Boris was well-mannered and respectable, but Crymaria was odd, especially with her insistence on calling others comrades. The way she acted reminded him of his previous life, but he could not say for certain that she was unusual within other human territories.

Masanori spoke up gesturing towards Indicus. Dragon kin were rare and Masanori was apparently well acquainted with who was going to arrive and who he wanted in his logistics unit. Indeed, despite only having just been formally confirmed, much was already falling into place. Masanori took the letter but didn’t read it.

“Indicus will also be joining the Komodo logistics unit. He will serve to defend the unit, plus he will aid in field dressing what we capture and cooking as needed. Like all his kind, he has potent flame breath.”
Masanori nods, frowns slightly at Crymaria’s human appearance, but glosses over that fact. “Ah and the Bear Boris, I’ve heard so much about you.”

Tadakatsu rolls his eyes, “Are you making a menagerie? I question whether we should let you put together the logistics unit. This is just too much.”

Whiteclaw frowns but looks to Yukan.

Alfis had to force himself to keep a straight face to remain professional when witnessing Masanori's treatment of Crymaria. Indeed, the bear would be received better than the human it travels with when in the Republic. In the end, he looked towards the two and gave them a light bow. "I look forward to working with you again, Indicus, comrade Boris, comrade Crymaria. He also could not fault Tadakatsu's view of the group as they really were conspicuous.

Although hesitant to create strife within the group as he was just an outsider, Alfis felt the need to speak up regarding some matters. "My apologies if I am overstepping, Commander, but there are some things that I would like to consult with you about."

"Firstly, The Hill Toads themselves. Aside from their size, Hill Toads are well known to earth magic practitioners for their affinity to the same element. They're used as examples when discussing making the terrain favorable to ones-self. They make use of their affinity to form pitfall traps to catch their prey and form tunnels within their dens. I believe we should make sure we're prepared to deal with any incidents that may occur due to these pitfalls and either prepare plans to flush them out from their dens or prepare a plentiful amount of light sources if we are left with no other choice but to go into their den."

He then initiated Leadership F for what he was going to say with delegation. "Now then, I think it's safe to say that everyone here could use some time to rest, we've all been very active the last few days including today and could use some time to recuperate and eat, before we finish gathering our belongings for the upcoming journey and depart, the earlier we finish this task the better." "Fatigue simply will not do for an important task like hunting for an event of this scale."
He then looked towards Tadakatsu, and gave him a nod too, "Tadakatsu-san, all of our fellow clansmen know of your martial ability and sense for the battlefield you showed it earlier with your resolve with your units, and many times before, you are well respected, I think that it would be advantageous if you led some training drills before we departed, as I have the utmost trust in your capabilities."

"Secondly, I believe that there will be some difficulty ensuring that everyone is fully rested while running them through enough training drills that they would be beneficial. While accomplishing both would be best, we are on a schedule. Everyone could likely use more experience working together, especially with the number of houses gathered and a unique target such as a Hill Toads. On the other hand. If we believe we are practiced enough, being in peak condition and rested enough to travel further and faster would likely be our aim. Personally, I find the extra training drills more appealing as they would ensure the safety of everyone more, but I admit it would be more dangerous in terms of finishing the mission in time."

"That is all, thank you." Alfis awkwardly cleared his throat and stepped back to let the Commander consider his words.

"Where do you want these supplies? We have traveled for awhile and Comrade Boris would no doubt like to be rid of the weight for a little while," Crymaria stated as she looked at the man who seemed to be the man she was looking for. Though the others that were talking didn't seem to happy with some that was going on.

"Comrade Boris can move things around though, I can't say that we have ever done a supply mission using him as the pack mule," Crymaria stated slightly annoyed there wasn't a horse or a mule selected as she once again patted the bear on the head. Though by this point she was just going to drop the supplies right there. Not wasting much time as she started to remove the supplies from her comrade's back to let the bear get a little relief even if it was only for a little bit.

Thankfully Crymaria was a good distraction as she began unloading, and he used the opportunity to assist her as a means to escape from any scorn he may receive. "Ah, let me assist you comrade Crymaria"

As Masanori introduced him Indicus gave the group a nod. As Indicus waited around for a proper assignment he noticed a young human woman walking next to a bear carrying a heavy load of supplies. When the woman spoke Indicus noted that she referred to others as comrade. Masanori took note of her but seemed to greet the group as if the young woman was nothing more then a servant. Indicus chose to hide his displeasure at the blatant disregard of the woman as Masanori was his employer and he knew about the Republic's distaste of humans to put it mildly.

When the Tiger beastkin or Alfis as Masanori called him started to go over the Hill Toads hunting habits. Indicus couldn't help but smile as he was reminded of the salamanders he saw during his first mission for the Ryken adventurers guild. Though these Hill Toads were much more aggressive from what he had gathered from caravan guards he talked to on the trip to the shrine. Indicus listened with both amusement and approval as Alfis interjected with his own opinion on whether or not to do some basic group drills. It took balls of steel to openly voice your thought to those that were of higher social or military rank. Something that was true both on this world and his old one.

Yukan
Screen_Shot_2022-09-06_at_4.08.19_PM-1.png
Yukan first listened, it sounded like Masanori once again had him covered, until he was interrupted causing Yukan to look over at the Tengu curiously. When she told him that he nodded in confirmation. "Thank you, it sounds like those will do us well then." As long as they were the correct grade and designed for the target size they were dealing with it should be fine. He also gave a nod towards Masanori just to show that he understood what he was saying and that he would keep that in mind.
Before once again looking over towards Alfis. If what Masanori said was true then he was also in agreement that they could be valuable for their hunting unit group. It wasn't lost on him what Masanori was trying to do however.

Yukan also wasn't very impressed with Masanori's scoff, he saw how Masanori performed on the field earlier, not very well in comparison to Tadakasu who had managed to keep his units together, but he didn't express this.

The fire breather was of interest too, perhaps they could be an asset as Masanori described, Yukan was willing to see what they were capable of. He then turned to the supplies deliverer, seeing a human was indeed strange right then and there. Yukan wasn't entirely excited about the idea of this human using the bear for a service role, but at the very least he seemed well taken care of, and she cared enough that he didn't have weight on him for too long. For now however he nodded once more.

"Most interesting.." He said quietly to no one in particular

"Thank you for the delivery." Yukan said with a slight bow towards Boris, and then Crymaria.

He also acknowledged Indicus's presence

He did then turn to Tadakatsu, "I too wonder about some of these selections, for the task at hand, but, these individuals strike me as potentially valuable for our overall goal, I say that we give Masanori-sama the opportunity to show us some of his strengths, he seems to have a vision in mind that he believes will fit the task at hand even if a somewhat unconventional one, after all he is vouching for all of these individuals and their usefulness on this expedition are you not? " Yukan replied looking towards Masanori. Heavily suggesting that if things didn't go as planned Masanori's judgement would also be up for scrutiny. It wasn't only Masanori who could play at this 'game'.

He looked to Alfis and listened to what he had to say as well, once he came over and spoke, hearing him out he might as well he figured, giving him a nod that it was okay for him to tell him what he thought. He was glad to hear him give more insight about the toads than the brief provided, assuming he knew what was talking about this information could be quite helpful.

"Firstly, The Hill Toads themselves. Aside from their size, Hill Toads are well known to earth magic practitioners for their affinity to the same element. They're used as examples when discussing making the terrain favorable to ones-self. They make use of their affinity to form pitfall traps to catch their prey and form tunnels within their dens. I believe we should make sure we're prepared to deal with any incidents that may occur due to these pitfalls and either prepare plans to flush them out from their dens or prepare a plentiful amount of light sources if we are left with no other choice but to go into their den."

"it sounds like we may need to bring some additional Chochins or vision augmenters then for those who can't see in the dark naturally, I presume it wouldn't be difficult to procure these either as we can the Metsubushi?" Any Tanuki who was with them who had regular eyesight at the very least possessed a min of Dark Vision F or higher so if they had to go into the den that wasn't the biggest of deals but anyone else that could prove to be a problem. Yukan wasn't really sure if he wanted to spend time on the logistics of going out of the way to flood the den.

"Secondly, I believe that there will be some difficulty ensuring that everyone is fully rested while running them through enough training drills that they would be beneficial. While accomplishing both would be best, we are on a schedule. Everyone could likely use more experience working together, especially with the number of houses gathered and a unique target such as a Hill Toads. On the other hand. If we believe we are practiced enough, being in peak condition and rested enough to travel further and faster would likely be our aim. Personally, I find the extra training drills more appealing as they would ensure the safety of everyone more, but I admit it would be more dangerous in terms of finishing the mission in time."
He would tap into Leadership F "I still believe that we need to run some training drills, so I am pleased to hear that you too see the value in them, and I also agree that time must be taken into consideration for a journey like this, the journey back with the body of the toad to move will be more difficult than the journey forward, and we have a limited time frame as is stated, with this said however, our group cohesion as Tadakatsu mentioned his drills would improve, most definitely requires some attention. It will reduce the chances of injuries or worse yet fatalities. These are incredibly heavy large animals we are speaking of. It does not only make them more dangerous foes but it will also likely take us more time to bring the body back, and we need time to hunt to ensure we have a catch, and get back in time for the festival." "There are also potential traps which we must be wary of as mentioned. We cannot be in a position where we are breaking lines and losing formation because one of these toads is rampaging through our lines them or our resolve is shaken when our comrades start getting hurt, we need to work together as a group between our houses and coordinate our units, and for that reason alone, I would still like Tadakatsu to run some drills to improve this in our hunting group. until we are more comfortable with the concept, within the time constraints we were given, as it stands we will rest before we leave, and do utmost to minimize time spent where we can while meeting these objectives of resting and training."

He looked at everyone opening the floor up as if to see if anyone else wanted to speak to him. "Unless anyone has any other matters they would like to raise, with me now I will be on my way now, and if not now, do not hesitate to raise it to me later."

If uninterrupted from that point he would bow towards the group and head towards the shrine:

If someone else had something to say he would wait and hear them out so he could respond.

Mentions: Shadow Dancer Shadow Dancer Akudon Akudon saxon saxon gmimperfecti gmimperfecti LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

The fox smiled politely when Longfeather commented on his power.

"I try not to judge people too harshly on a first impression, but I cannot help but shake this feeling that you might be here for the wrong reasons." Mitsunari declared.

Gyoubu’s eyes went wide. “How…how…” she looked from Mitsunari to Longfeather. “Wrong reasons? My…I’m pure…I’ve trained my life for this.”

Longfeather cocked his head in the way owls do, massive black eyes watching Gyoubu like she was prey for a moment. He gave a low hoot.

“What, Guardian?” Gyoubu’ s eyes switched from a reproachful glare at Mitsunari to tear filled shock. “We talked…I thought…”

"Yukan needs someone to support him in his goal, who will put the full weight of their skills and knowledge behind him.”

“Of course he does. Someone who is loyal and always has his best interested at heart.” Gyoubu nodded, clearing away the moisture forming around her eyes with the sleeve of her oversized robe.

While I do not doubt you are a very skilled shrine maiden...all I have heard you speak about is blood rights and...reproduction. It does not sound to me like you're focused on the true task at hand and that could lead to Yukan's failure in this important endeavor."

”Really?” She huffed, her face working through a series of poses. “How…what could that…result in. The others took Shrine Maidens.”

Longfeather didn’t move. He might as well have been a statue, but that was the way of predators. His large eyes watched the pair without blinking.

"I have had to make very difficult choices on my path to freedom and I am sure that you too will one day be faced with such obstacles." His mind briefly wandered back to the people he lost in the rebellion and the bridges he had to burn in order to keep from becoming stagnant.

”Oh you have no idea what I had to do to ensure Masanori didn’t lead the Fifth’s contingent. Those were serious obstacles.” Then her eyes went side and she slapped both of her hands over her mouth. “Forget I said that.”

"Yukan will also walk a similar path one day, and he will need the wisdom of someone who has been down that road, but also the support of a friend, possibly a lover."

“Yes!” She squealed; her tail started wagging.

The kitsune gave a light shrug as a playful expression brightened his face. If he could not get the girl to see him as the superior choice then perhaps she would be more open to the idea of them being equals and sharing supporting roles. "How lucky would he be to have a Sage and a Shrine maiden backing him?" Mitsunari let out a soft chuckle and smiled as his tails seemed to mimic his fake excitement.

“You really want to support him? He’s a clueless boy. He doesn’t understand everything, but he’s so pure.“ She sighed. “But how can I trust you? Would you swear an oath?” Her eyes flashed and a wicked smile formed on her mouth. “An oath here in the heart of the Shrine?”

Last edited:
1669655820153.png
Seikatsu Mitsunari

Watching the tanuki shrine maiden interact with the owl made Mitsunari start to wonder what their relationship was like and more importantly what plans or agreements had they made prior to his joining. As they conversed, Mitsunari's own gaze often drifted to the shrine's guardian. In his old life owls were seen as wise creatures and the fox couldn't shake the feeling that Longfeather was doing more than just sitting quietly and letting them go back and forth. So he would need to keep his cards close to his chest.

"I am sure that you made greate sacrifices and put in a lot of effort to help, Yukan and I'm just trying to do the same." His reply was political as he tried to dial down the tension between the two of them. "And while I have nothing but respect for the Shrine of the Fallen Blossom, I cannot swear to anything with someone I do not know." If her methods to steal the command position from Masanori were discovered he didn't want his name attached to hers in any way. "Let us just agree to do our best, for Yukan." The kitsune pushed up off the ground and rose to a standing position as he dusted off his kimono.

gmimperfecti gmimperfecti

"Most interesting…" Yukan said quietly to no one in particular. "Thank you for the delivery." Yukan said with a slight bow towards Boris, and then Crymaria.

Masanori nodded. “The Tuskar will arrive shortly with the rest of the equipment. I’ll have the equipment divvied up and assigned to each member.” Even as Masanori spoke, several servants showed up. People from the caravan who worked as merchants, salespeople, and logisticians. They documented and catalogued what Boris had brought.

“Comrade Boris and Crymaria,” Masanori spoke in the beast tongue. “We can discuss the particulars of the remainder of your assignment shortly, please stand by. If you need a place to unwind and re-equip I’ll have one of my servants escort you now, but if you can wait for us to wrap up here I’ll take you myself.”

Yukan first listened, it sounded like Masanori once again had him covered, until he was interrupted causing Yukan to look over at the Tengu curiously. When she told him that he nodded in confirmation. "Thank you, it sounds like those will do us well then." As long as they were the correct grade and designed for the target size they were dealing with it should be fine. He also gave a nod towards Masanori just to show that he understood what he was saying and that he would keep that in mind.

Ixtal nodded. “Yes, commander.”

Masanori gave a half smile in response to Yukan’s nod, then he shrugged and frowned looking at Ixtal’s back.

Ixtal turned, shrugged herself and then disappeared into the shadows and crowds surrounding the field. The other tengu had also disappeared.

"That is all, thank you." Alfis awkwardly cleared his throat and stepped back to let the Commander consider his words.

Masanori grinned, his humor returned after losing out to Ixtal. “Oh Tadakatsu-”

“Preposterous!” Tadakatsu cut in, stomping the butt of his spear into the ground, “A soft, wriggling kitten pretends it’s got teeth for a second to usurp my command?” Tadakatsu stares daggers at Alfis, before turning his attention back to Masanori, “This is a farce. You are deliberately trying to ruin this expedition.”

Masanori flashed that same half-grin again.

Before once again looking over towards Alfis. If what Masanori said was true then he was also in agreement that they could be valuable for their hunting unit group. It wasn't lost on him what Masanori was trying to do however.

He also acknowledged Indicus's presence

He did then turn to Tadakatsu, "I too wonder about some of these selections, for the task at hand, but, these individuals strike me as potentially valuable for our overall goal, I say that we give Masanori-sama the opportunity to show us some of his strengths, he seems to have a vision in mind that he believes will fit the task at hand even if a somewhat unconventional one, after all he is vouching for all of these individuals and their usefulness on this expedition are you not? " Yukan replied looking towards Masanori.

“Absolutely Commander. I’m acting just like if I had gotten the position, which is quite fortunate for you!” Masanori smiles, giving a half bow towards Yukan.

He was glad to hear him give more insight about the toads than the brief provided, assuming he knew what was talking about this information could be quite helpful.

"it sounds like we may need to bring some additional Chochins or vision augmenters then for those who can't see in the dark naturally, I presume it wouldn't be difficult to procure these either as we can the Metsubushi?" Any Tanuki who was with them who had regular eyesight at the very least possessed a min of Dark Vision F or higher so if they had to go into the den that wasn't the biggest of deals but anyone else that could prove to be a problem. Yukan wasn't really sure if he wanted to spend time on the logistics of going out of the way to flood the den.

Masanori flicked his finger at one of the servants who had arrived to help organize all the gear. “Add a five more Chochins for the non-Tanuki who can’t see in the darkness.”

He looked at everyone opening the floor up as if to see if anyone else wanted to speak to him. "Unless anyone has any other matters they would like to raise, with me now I will be on my way now, and if not now, do not hesitate to raise it to me later."

No one else raised an issue and so the groups dispersed to take care of their various final items. Those new additions had the option of sticking around to participate in the drills, follow Masanori for a great lunch and discuss terms, or visit the Shrine of Fallen Blossoms with Yukan.

"I am sure that you made greate sacrifices and put in a lot of effort to help, Yukan and I'm just trying to do the same."

Gyoubu crossed her arms under her breasts, showing them off and expressing a mild discouragement. She frowned but it slowly eased out. “I guess, I just can’t figure you out. I usually don’t like things I can’t figure out.” Then her arms relaxed, and she sighed. “I really hope you are.”

Longfeather continued to watch them, large eyes unblinking. His head cocked a few degrees to the right.

"And while I have nothing but respect for the Shrine of the Fallen Blossom, I cannot swear to anything with someone I do not know."

“So how do I trust you then?” She frowned, bitting her lip. She glanced at Longfeather. “Well?”

Longfeather’s mouth opened wide, exposing the blade sharp peaks that could rip flesh and snap bone. “It isn’t without risks, but risks that aren’t foolish.” Longfeather scratched at the feathers behind his head with his long, black raptor claws. It looked casual, but those claws were obsidian black daggers that could surgically dissect a prey if desired.

Gyoubu looked at Longfeather and the wide, yawning black door at the heart of the Shrine. She grew silent, turning to look at Mitsunari.

"Let us just agree to do our best, for Yukan." The kitsune pushed up off the ground and rose to a standing position as he dusted off his kimono.

“I suppose it makes sense to diverse Yukan’s political capital and for at least one person to remain behind who can bear witness to your words and comment upon your deeds when you return.” She smiled, batting her eyes sweetly towards Mitsunari.

She extended her hand, “I accept your agreement and the terms as disclosed.”

Yukan
Yukan naturally was ready to accept if anyone wanted to join him there, Before he left he put his training Yari in the appropriate spot, and whether anyone did or did not join him he made his way over towards the shrine of the fallen Blossoms in due time, There wasn't that much distance after all between where they had been and the shrine itself, moving as many ft as needed to make it happen, his Fast F probably unnecessary in this case as he moved along gradually. He had a lot to think about, he just hoped that he made some wise decisions back there regarding the extra supplies and what the activities would be. He knew he could only learn with practice but when the stakes were as high as this to help jumpstart his career it was a bit difficult not to feel some anxiety. After all he had large ambitions, and this would help further them no doubt if he could pull ahead. If only things were simpler..all he could do was try his best. Letting the two others assume too much credit was problematic with this sort of position open. And he still thought on what the Fifth had said to him earlier..reflecting on it some more, he didn't want to be a failure, or at the very least he needed this to succeed if not for himself but for the cultural reasons and the yield they'd be bringing back, contributing positively to the clan was definitely something on his mind.

He looked over the shrine when he got closer, it was rather aesthetically pleasing. Ordinarily he may have decided to go elsewhere but he knew that he had business to attend to there, that much had been made clear as he needed to connect with the shrine maiden if his role was to include escorting of any kind. Once Yukan was that close he soon saw Longfeather, Gyoubu, and Mitsunari in relative proximity of one another. With Republic of Kuridan Etiquette F Yukan bowed out of respect before crossing further into the threshold to meet them. He could tell that some sort of conversation had been going on.

"Hello Elder Longfeather and Shrine Maiden Gyoubu," He proclaimed, giving a slight smile toward Gyoubu, before his fairly serious resting expression returned. He could tell a conversation had been going on. He then looked towards Mitsunari, the one who he was the least familiar with,

"If you're here, then you must be that Sage that people have been speaking about, we don't get many of those around Kurdian..It's nice to meet you." Yukan continued. He was intrigued by this figure, indeed what was his story? He was curious to hear what the situation was with the two here, since in the original brief, there had been no mention of the Sage, this had been a development from the word of things, seemed that there may be a shift in plans potentially, as he tried to gage the group.

gmimperfecti gmimperfecti LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Shadow Dancer Shadow Dancer Akudon Akudon saxon saxon

Last edited:

Crymaria concluded to remove the supplies from Boris' back, setting them off to the side out of the way. When the tiger beastman came over and offered to help Crymaria nodded, "Any help would be appreciated, comrade. I know Comrade Boris here would be very appreciative as well." She stated, picking up another crate and moving it to the side a bit before setting it down on the ground. However, she didn't really pay much attention to her surroundings as she was there for her job and another task.

When the tanuki thanked her, she nodded her head, "No need to thank me, comrade, I was simply doing what I was hired to do. Though I'm sure Comrade Boris is much happier now," she concluded as the bear shook itself probably trying to deal with an itch on its back. That was when their employer spoke up again and several servants showed up to start to deal with the supplies. She glanced over at Boris for a moment before folding her arms across her chest.

"Comrades," she stated in between coughs, though it wasn't hard to tell they were fake. "But Comrade Masanori we have no qualm with waiting for a few more minutes." She confirmed waiting patiently as the bear started to sniff the air for a moment before laying down on the ground.

mentions: TheTimePiece TheTimePiece gmimperfecti gmimperfecti LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Akudon Akudon Shadow Dancer Shadow Dancer

Indicus half heard the conversations going on around him as most were politicking that did not concern him beyond if some damn backstabbing but Indicus vainly hoped that this Tadakatsu's 'honor' would prevent him from doing something to get them killed later but it also seemed Masanori had his own plans for that particular problem. Indicus shook his head either way he decided to wait and follow Masanori to confirm the specifics of payment, he would need it to continue his search in the Republic.

Seikatsu Mitsunari

So she had come to her senses after all. It was perfect timing too because not long after he shook her hand, the tanuki of the hour showed up. Mitsunari examined Yukan, casually letting his eyes wander up and down the man’s form while his tails twisted and twirled behind him. The smile he had given the shrine maiden didn’t seem too friendly and perhaps that was a good thing.

“The man of the hour. It is an honor to finally meet you.” Mitsunari said softly as he bowed his head to Yukan. Now that Yukan was here with Longfeather and Gyoubu he took the moment to appraise everyone. “Fox’s Sight.” He said softly as his eyes flashed yellow. “We were just discussing how we were both looking forward to working under you in the coming trials.” His gaze shifted to the Gyoubu and the fox flashed a charming grin. “But where are my manner? Seikatsu Mitsunari.” He introduced himself properly.

TheTimePiece TheTimePiece gmimperfecti gmimperfecti

Fox’s Sight - Magic E, Magic AoE F, Magic Range F, Appraisal B - This spell uses magic to enhance the appraisal skill’s reach. - B Grade - 30ft Range, 15ft Cone AoE - 4 Post Cooldown

Cooldowns:
Fox’s Sight (0/4)

Last edited:
Alfis

aac18cf6-2021-477d-9af6-be150bd47124 (1).jpg
Alfis startled and winced, ears folding back slightly as his tail started to flick due to Tadakatsu's harsh reaction. While he didn't expect his words to be received well, he didn't expect such levels of hostilities when further emphasizing the importance of the man's very own suggestion. Thankfully, Tadakatsu had deemed this a ploy orchestrated by Masanori to overshadow the martial leader.

"This is why I decided to avoid politics as much as possible." he thought to himself as he watched the two bicker, sighing.

Fortunately enough, the Commander seemed to have heeded Alfis' words and made preparations in response. He did not envy the Tanuki's situation, trying to balance the numerous strong personalities while completing such a challenging mission with a strict deadline. Alfis had done all he could in terms of preparations, though, and all that remained was to fulfill his duty to the best of his capabilities.

Although Alfis would have liked to join in the drills, especially after causing more conflict due to them, it seemed unwise at this point. Tadakatsu and any of his followers would likely have it out for him, he had a unique skillset compared to the majority, and he likely wouldn't be part of the main fighting force due to his position. In the end, it seemed better to build up his relationship with Masanori further and become more acquainted with the other members of the logistics unit.

"I'll join as well. Payment aside, it's a good opportunity to get to know each other and figure out how to best work together. I have some questions on top of that." Alfis relaxed, waiting until Masanori was available to proceed.

Mentions: gmimperfecti gmimperfecti TheTimePiece TheTimePiece saxon saxon Shadow Dancer Shadow Dancer

Yukane made his way over towards the shrine of the fallen Blossoms in due time. He moved along gradually. He had a lot to think about. He looked over the shrine when he got closer.

The Shrine of Fallen Blossoms was busy with parishioners coming to bury their own sacrifices beneath the living, interwoven roots of the dense arrangement of cherry blossom trees. On the outskirts were the lesser families and blood allies, there were a few foreigners. Deeper in were a handful of old shrines with elderly ancestral oracles and novice shrine maidens. These were dedicated shrines for the different families and factions prominent in the territory.

Ordinarily he may have decided to go elsewhere but he knew that he had business to attend to here.

Deeper into the Shrine the cherry blossom trees interwove, their branches forming a solid tapestry of soft white and pastel pinks. There were several paths that transitioned from the outer cloister into the hidden areas where few wandered.

544-01.jpg

Finally after weaving through the dense cherry trees and along the paths, Yukan crossed over the final bridge and approached the heart of the Shrine. Rows of trees lined a stairway leading down. The air grew cold and the smell of loam prevailed.

Purchased upon the stonework before the final door, a door darker than all the others was Longfeather. His massive, black eyes watching Yukan’s approach as easily as the others who were around him.

With Republic of Kuridan Etiquette F Yukan bowed out of respect before crossing further into the threshold to meet them. He could tell that some sort of conversation had been going on.

"Hello Elder Long Feather and Shrine Maiden Gyoubu," he proclaimed, giving a slight smile toward Gyoubu, before his fairly serious resting expression returned.

Elder Long Feather inclined his head towards Yukan, recognizing his presence and the bow of respect that had been given. “We welcome you.”

Gyoubu’s serious face splintered for a moment at Yukan’s slight smile. Her tail betrayed her more than anything, swishing suggestively twice before calming down. “If it isn’t Yukan, the young commander of the Fifth’s initiates.” She nods deeper than Long Feather had.

He then looked towards Mitsunari, the one who he was the least familiar with, "If you're here, then you must be that Sage that people have been speaking about, we don't get many of those around Kurdian..It's nice to meet you." Yukan continued.

Mitsunari examined Yukan, casually letting his eyes wander up and down the man’s form while his tails twisted and twirled behind him. The smile he had given the shrine maiden didn’t seem too friendly and perhaps that was a good thing.

“The man of the hour. It is an honor to finally meet you.” Mitsunari said softly as he bowed his head to Yukan. Now that Yukan was here with Long Feather and Gyoubu he took the moment to appraise everyone. “Fox’s Sight.” He said softly as his eyes flashed yellow. “We were just discussing how we were both looking forward to working under you in the coming trials.” His gaze shifted to the Gyoubu and the fox flashed a charming grin. “But where are my manner? Seikatsu Mitsunari.” He introduced himself properly.

A feeling of being watched, a prickling on the back of the neck, and chill down the spine. Gyoubu perked up and narrowed her eyes towards Yukan. “Seriously?” Her scowl receded with a deep breath.

Long Feather gave no indication nor reproach, instead his black eyes twisted as his head turned around for a moment, looking at Yukan from several angles. “Now childe of Tenuki, say what you have come to say and let us progress.”

Gyoubu had her mouth open to speak again but at the finality of Long Feather’s words, she closed it and looked towards Yukan.

Scene 3: The Geisha House
The Setup
Setting: Five Thousand Peony Blossoms, the Masanori Geisha House
  • Locations:The Republic, The Nara no Nox Shogunate, The Koyake Clan‘s --> Masanori Domain
    • The Koyake are one of the three founding families of the Nara no Nox Shogunate, owning one of the largest rice territory blessed by the Shrine of the Fallen Blossom.
    • The Masanori’s are one of the top tier branch families that have established themselves well over the ensuing centuries. They have at least one well known elder and have consistently reached high standing within the military, shrines, and shogunate’s bureaucracy.
      • They specialize in logistics, which is considerably more honorable and regarded higher than mere merchants. As a result they are both well connected and wealthy.
  • Time of Day: 11:30 AM, Day 1 Monday, 11 days until the Cherry Blossom Festival commences.
  • Weather: Crisp autumn air with a chill breeze ushers in the Cherry Blossoms. Today is clear, cerulean skies.
  • Goals: (1) Get a favorable contract for support (Success=named asset, failure=some coins below Grade F), (2) Get to know each other and relax before the coming trek, (3) Survive the night.

Five Thousand Peony Blossoms, the Masanori Geisha House, was situated near the Shrine of Fallen Blossom, downstream and along a meandering path to give it a sense of solemn privacy. As far as taverns, inns, and upscale establishments go, the place was nice. It offered many rooms of private tea ceremonies, geisha companionship, and elaborate meals. There were several courtyards that the rooms circled. Given the option for solitude or adhoc meetings amongst those in the other rooms.

Masanori Tashigoto introduced everyone to several different members of his family in short, formal declarations, bowing, and introductions. There was some curiosity amongst the different collection of cousins, blood allies, and connected servants all whom were secondary members of the Masanori clan. As far as founding families go, the Masanori Clan was in the top strata connected to the current Shogun through several pure blood relations. Tashigoto himself was a recognized nephew of the shogun through his mother’s side. Albeit his mother was the sixteenth in line for succession before marrying into the Masanori clan. His father was well positioned, a renowned Master Logistician and a three-dan Igo master. Which is to say many people fawned over Masanori Tashigoto, gave him undeserved complements about today’s war game and even wished him success on the upcoming hunt.

By extension, everyone in the logistics unit had a halo of goodwill extended towards them. At least in public, everyone wanted nothing but continued success and glory for Tashigoto. None of Tashigoto’s direct siblings were at the Geisha House, but there was five of the family’s personal Samurai. As a casual establishment, the Samurai largely enjoyed themselves. They patrolled casually in pairs with one always in the private room closest to the entrance. The other two sets of pairs would wander around, socialize, and trade glasses of saki.

1669909765113.jpeg

Masanori Tashigoto brought the group to a private room near the middle around the largest of the three courtyards. In the center of the courtyard was three cherry blossom trees and many pink colored lanterns. A pair of Geisha played soft melodies and sang traditional songs. One was a Tenuki and the other a Tengu, both were attractive with beautiful voices and limber fingers.

“This way please my companions,” Masanori gestured towards the open doors ahead. Within the room was just finished being prepared for a tea ceremony. “Let us enjoy some warm Jade Blooming Tea and light snacks before we talk business and clarify any concerns you might have.”

Smiling towards saxon saxon , Boris you are welcome to join us within for tea or I have taken the luxury of preparing salmon and blackberries for you to enjoy there in the lee of the great stone. Sure enough, near the two Geisha was a large crescent shaped stone with one of the cherry blossom trees hanging over it. It was only five feet from the Geisha and a servant was approaching with a large platter of freshly caught salmon and a mount of blackberries.

Mentions: saxon saxon , TheTimePiece TheTimePiece , Shadow Dancer Shadow Dancer .

Last edited:
Yukan

With Republic Of Kuridan Etiquette F He acknowledged Elder Longfeather's welcoming with another slight lowering of his head. He also acknowledged the shrine Maiden since she was next in the pecking order.
Yukan looked at the group once more. He then gave a nod of acknowledgment towards Mitsunari when he introduced himself. He couldn't help but be curious what sort of conversation had taken place before he showed up. All he had was the context clues to go off of, all he could do was hope that at a minimum it wouldn't harm his chances with his own aspirations given the people's roles here were also important to his success. He gave a cool collected smile towards Mitsunari upon hearing what they had been talking about, pondering his options about how he wanted to proceed in this conversation.

"Yes Elder Longfeather." He replied his tone still remaining quite serious at the chide comment.
He then looked back to Mitsunari,

"Ah, so kind, I hope that I can prove myself worthy of such praise from a Sage such as yourself." He commented on Mitsunari's gracious comment in elevating Yukan. "As you have heard, Koyake, Yukan." he stated formally in the order " It is and honor to meet you too Sage Mitsunari." using the formal title role and last name as he didn't know him well yet, he was hoping that could change after.

He smiled a bit more after"Were you now?..that's good timing, I was actually coming here to discuss these prospects myself, I'll try to keep my words concise." wanting to heed Longfeather's words. However his gaze did fall back on the Shrine Maiden looking back at her in an almost confused way when he saw the look on her face. As a world native Yukan did not have free natural appraisal, and he wasn't seeming to pick up Mitsunari's use of his ability, so instead what he got from his perspective was warm reciprocation from the Shrine Maiden followed by a sour face, causing him to pause, but when Longfeather made it clear it wasn't for her to speak up, he didn't say anything more on it either , his face of visible confusion shifting back to his serious look.
He wanted to be careful with how he spoke, wanting to judge what this new comer thought. Of course people in Kuridan may have heard stories of Kitsune who were mischievous in legend or who operated in discrete ways, but he wanted to see if he could gain some insight on this new comer who it sounded like wanted to work with him based on the suggestion.

"With Masanori-sama taking on a logistics role, bringing unique figures in this task like an earth caster..and a reptile..It is well known that not only the well being of the festival is greatly impacted by the results of this expedition but there will also be a determining role in who receives leadership in the future..now, I have nothing against Masanori's family, his father a generous man, but I must admit from the start Masanori-sama..I question whether or not his wealth makes up for..other shortcomings." referencing the fact that Masanori by far had suffered in the physical combat tasks. "I for one am of the belief that..those in command should exude qualities held valuable in Kuridan.." indirectly referencing the culture's heavy value on ability to conquer foes and defend the homeland.

"I am of the belief that you, Sage Mitsunari, and.."
he'd look over towards the Shrine maiden with a smile once more recovering from the look she gave him earlier it seemed
"Shrine Maiden Gyubou.." Before he looked back at Mitsunari

"Could greatly aid in not only this important esteemed task, but perhaps even in the future for the greater good of the Republic of Kuridan of course, I have no reservations about your skill..so I would be most honored myself with your addition." This naturally would require Mitsunari to read between some lines, but if he could, Yukan was agreeing about him joining him and hoping that he would see things his way, the suggestion being that if he got the command and Mitsunari was an ally, there would be more opportuntities for Mitsunari in the future working with the Koyake clan, himself, and others if he had anything to say about it. He was really going off a hunch but something about this figure, beckoned him, someone who perhaps was ready shake things up if necessary..and no doubt had more power than Yukan's own.

Mentions: LadyOfStars LadyOfStars gmimperfecti gmimperfecti

1669943551288.png
Seikatsu Mitsunari

He was well received by the tanuki warrior and that alone would set his mission on the path to success just that easily. As his eyes went back up to meet the gaze of the others, Mitsunari glanced casually in Longfeather's direction. The bird was a fairly impressive specimen based solely on what his Appraisal had revealed and that warranted just a bit more caution while he was nearby which meant perhaps it was time to leave the owl behind. The shrine maiden was all that Mitsunari had anticipated, but not of much interest beyond her title and position. Yukan was in a similar position, but one that had great potential.

As he listened to the warrior speak, Mitsunari picked up on the subtle wording Yukan used. The man was hinting at a larger picture, goals beyond the shrine and toads. Admittedly he was surprised to see such a beastman looking and thinking so far into the future. Mitsunari might had misjudged these creatures. "I look forward to joining you, Master Koyake." He chimed as his tails became a bit more active with excitement. "Since there is so much at stake, let us not spend any more time on pleasantries and chit chat. We should find somewhere to discuss your plans for the coming trials." He spoke in a passive manner so as not to seem commanding or making demands of Yukan. "I believe myself and Maiden Gyoubu have a lot to catch up on in regards to the current state of the parties."

Cooldowns:
Fox Sight: B Grade (1/4)

gmimperfecti gmimperfecti TheTimePiece TheTimePiece

Indicus imitated the way the locals were sitting the table was shorter then he was used to and instead of normal chairs were cushions. He partook in the tea and found it quite good. "This tea tastes wonderful sir, quite a different taste from what is available in Ryken." Indicus complemented actually quite genuine even if it might come off as some attempt to butter his employer up.
Out of old habits from a earlier life Indicus decided to scan the room noting any possible exits.

gmimperfecti gmimperfecti

Last edited:

Crymaria waited until the beastman that had hired her was ready to lead them to their next destination. Gently patting Boris's head until he had signaled that he was ready to move. As the group moved towards the geisha house she noticed that the republic truely looked like the Japan from earth which she was surprised to see in this world.

As they were lead through by several courtyards, they eventually reached the largest courtyard and were escorted to a room. Crymaria took note of the geisha playing and singing before her employer and then spoke to them once again. "Hospitality," Crymaria mumbled as she stepped inside of the room looking at the doorway for a moment trying to decide if the large bear would be able to fit through it or not.

"I doubt Comrade Boris will drink the tea though he might if its in a big enough bowl," Crymaria stated as the large bear moved through the doorway and over to where the salmon and berries were. Though Crymaria once again noticed how Masanori addressed Boris rather than both of them. She quietly took a seat and drank some of the tea as she waited for the talks to begin.

mentions: TheTimePiece TheTimePiece gmimperfecti gmimperfecti LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Akudon Akudon Shadow Dancer Shadow Dancer

aac18cf6-2021-477d-9af6-be150bd47124 (1).jpg
Alfis
The Five thousand Peony Blossoms was rather impressive in Alfis' eyes. The surrounding courtyards were well maintained, the building was made of high-quality materials, and the decor remained classy despite the chance to flaunt their wealth. The staff had an air of elegance but not to the point of unapproachability, and although there seemed to be a degree of focus on presentation, the food gave off an enticing smell that promised good things to one's tongue. As someone who aspired to run a business one day, there was much inspiration to be gained from the surroundings.

As much as he felt the desire to appreciate the Geisha House further and start taking notes, Alfis resisted. He was in the company of his employer and, even more importantly, his employer's family. He tried to be polite and cordial when greeting them and introducing himself, attempting to avoid coming off poorly to any high-class individuals.

Thankfully, Alfis was soon free of the required social niceties as the group being led into a private room. It seemed as if Alfis had either underestimated Masanori's wealth or his level of interest in those gathered. Geisha were personally prepared to attend to the group, both attractive and skilled in their art. On top of this, snacks and what was likely to be a higher-class tea were prepared.

"He really is treating us well. Suspiciously so." Alfis thought to himself. While he'd like to think of himself as a helpful asset, he was aware of his inexperience. Perhaps he was being paranoid, but he couldn't help but feel there was more to this than they had been made aware of initially.

Alfis could address these concerns later; there was a process to these things. "It's also better to avoid anything too significant with others around." Alfis side-eyed the geisha as he told himself. Before he got too lost in his thoughts though, he decided to join the rest of the others who had already taken their seats.

Although initially amusing, the excessive favoring of Boris compared to Crymaria was beginning to grow uncomfortable. Although he wanted to avoid too much attention by bringing it up directly, he sat next to her, giving a nod of acknowledgment and a soft smile before enjoying some of the tea. After settling in, he decided to open the conversation.

"I have to agree with Indicus. If it's not a personal recipe, I'll have to hear who your supplier for this is later." Further emphasizing the point, he took another sip. "The Five thousand Peony Blossoms is lovely, with your talents just as much so." Although likely having heard much of the same before, the flattery was customary and emphasized his coming points. "I hope I can perform to a level worthy enough to deserve such treatment." In the end, he couldn't resist making a light jab towards the tanuki, keeping things light-hearted though.

Mentions: gmimperfecti gmimperfecti saxon saxon Shadow Dancer Shadow Dancer

Scene 3.2 - The Five Thousand Peony Blossoms
"Hospitality," Crymaria mumbled as she stepped inside of the room looking at the doorway for a moment trying to decide if the large bear would be able to fit through it or not.

Masanori turned every so slightly, his eyes watching Crymaria for a second before turning back to the other guests and helping them settle in.

"I doubt Comrade Boris will drink the tea though he might if its in a big enough bowl," Crymaria stated as the large bear moved through the doorway and over to where the salmon and berries were. Though Crymaria once again noticed how Masanori addressed Boris rather than both of them. She quietly took a seat and drank some of the tea as she waited for the talks to begin.

“If that’s his wish. So long as Boris enjoys himself.“ He gestured once towards the Geisha playing, but otherwise allowed Boris to enjoy himself near them. More fish and berries were brought over as well as an extremely large bowl filled with hot tea.

“Comrade Crymaria, we should talk later about the logistics of the next few days, but for now enjoy. Let us stay present in the moment.” Some squid was brought over, cut in a few different ways.

He partook in the tea and found it quite good. "This tea tastes wonderful sir, quite a different taste from what is available in Ryken." Indicus complemented actually quite genuine even if it might come off as some attempt to butter his employer up. Out of old habits from a earlier life Indicus decided to scan the room noting any possible exits.

Masanori inclined his head towards Indicus, lifting the tea cup up. “Ryken tea is weak and unsophisticated, they keep it in blocks as a commodity.” Masanori shrugged. “Ryken views itself as consumerism first, which has served it well for such a small country to remain and even thrive.“ Masanori took a sip after inhaling the steam. “In the Republic, we appreciate things for what they are, and seek to see them, know them, and ultimately enjoy them as such.”

Quick glances would spot three exit points. The main door, a window, and a servant entrance in back. In a pinch, it might be possible to burst through the walls. They don’t look stone, but they are somehow blocking the sound from the other rooms. Maybe the bamboo is just layered much like their fabled folded blades.

lthough initially amusing, the excessive favoring of Boris compared to Crymaria was beginning to grow uncomfortable. Although he wanted to avoid too much attention by bringing it up directly, he sat next to her, giving a nod of acknowledgment and a soft smile before enjoying some of the tea. After settling in, he decided to open the conversation.

"I have to agree with Indicus. If it's not a personal recipe, I'll have to hear who your supplier for this is later."

“We would have to be more than acquaintances for me to share supplier relations.” Masanori‘s face twisted for a moment before resolving back into a smile. “Which would suite me. I’ve heard great things about your inn. Few along the border are so highly regarded. It’s quite difficult to make both Ryken and Republic clients happy.”

Further emphasizing the point, he took another sip. "The Five thousand Peony Blossoms is lovely, with your talents just as much so." Although likely having heard much of the same before, the flattery was customary and emphasized his coming points.

“You are too generous with your words.” He inclined his head. ”Your talents are no less.”

"I hope I can perform to a level worthy enough to deserve such treatment." In the end, he couldn't resist making a light jab towards the tanuki, keeping things light-hearted though.

Masanori raised the corners of his mouth. “I have no doubts as towards your competencies so long as you have none towards participation.”

A pair of the samurai walked by, hands resting lightly on the hilts of their katanas. They smiled and waved, wandering towards the pair of geisha and Boris. They stopped, sharing a cup of saki with the bear, chatting lightly before moving on.

The second course of rice balls and curried potatoes followed next by a wide selection of sashimi and edamame. Masanori kept the conversation light, dropping bits and pieces of details about what was to come and why they were all here.

Scene 2.2: Shrine of Fallen Blossoms
"I am of the belief that you, Sage Mitsunari, and.."
he'd look over towards the Shrine maiden with a smile once more recovering from the look she gave him earlier it seemed
"Shrine Maiden Gyubou.." Before he looked back at Mitsunari

Gyoubu’s tail wagged a little at the smile; she arched an eyebrow. “Indeed.” Her nose flared as she breathed deep.

Long Feather gave a low whistle. His dark eyes like massive saucers taking in all three before his perch.

She cleared her throat, straighten up and stretched her arms over her head. Her kimono shifted first one way and then settled back as her arms lowered. “Yes.”

"Could greatly aid in not only this important esteemed task, but perhaps even in the future for the greater good of the Republic of Kuridan of course, I have no reservations about your skill..so I would be most honored myself with your addition." This naturally would require Mitsunari to read between some lines, but if he could.

Gyoubu’s lips turned downward, and she scowled as each word fall like a hammer blow. “How great indeed is the wandering sage.”

Still Long Feather made no further sound nor movement. So still was he that not even a feather stirred. Predators had to be comfortable in their stillness, the silence was their weapon even more so than the razor sharp talons and serrated saw beak.

As he listened to the warrior speak, Mitsunari picked up on the subtle wording Yukan used. The man was hinting at a larger picture, goals beyond the shrine and toads. Admittedly he was surprised to see such a beastman looking and thinking so far into the future. Mitsunari might had misjudged these creatures. "I look forward to joining you, Master Koyake." He chimed as his tails became a bit more active with excitement. "Since there is so much at stake, let us not spend any more time on pleasantries and chit chat. We should find somewhere to discuss your plans for the coming trials." He spoke in a passive manner so as not to seem commanding or making demands of Yukan. "I believe myself and Maiden Gyoubu have a lot to catch up on in regards to the current state of the parties."

Long Feather might as well have been a statue for all he moved. Perhaps he wasn’t even breathing; his feathers did not betray him at least. “Your choice is yours and yours alone. In this and in all things, you must seize sente and only relinquish it at your folly.” Long Feather paused, perhaps waiting to see if anyone would speak before he finished. At length, after an awkward amount of time had passed, he said, “You have not lost enough to see the patterns. You do not know what moves are necessary to create life upon the field nor how the infinite simple moves of each breath lead to profound strategy. Two may sit down at the same board and play completely different games. One seeking endless combat, attacking and defending. The other seeks beauty in the patterns of each placement. The do not need to have the same goals nor even play the same type of game yet one will lose and the other win. There can be no ko.”

And then still waiting to see if anyone would butt in or attempt to fill the void of his words, he spoke again. “Gyoubu may not give you succor, but you are allowed to enjoy her company as a friend might before leaving on a great campaign.”

Gyoubu’ s face warred with itself. Smile filled joy touched her eyes and lips while something else tried to mute and dampen her posture. Her tail best of all showed her ambivalence. Yet she too waited, even looking at the floor and the walls of the inner sanctum, everywhere and anywhere but at Yukan’s eyes.

"I'll keep that in mind sir." Indicus ignored the soft jab at Ryken and took another sip of his tea enjoying the flavor as a part of his mind wondered if coffee existed in this world. Indicus remembered in his past life he sometimes lived on the caffeinated drink. Indicus decided to look into that when he could and if it didn't he would see if there was a way to create coffee or a similar drink. In fact he somewhat hoped it wasn't created yet or at least widespread as he figured he could make nice money growing and selling the drink on the side.

Indicus used the plate provided grabbed several pieces of sashimi and even some of the odd pea like vegetable. As he sampled the food he nodded in satisfaction he would defiently have to find out what exactly these foods were and how they were prepared.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back