• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Fall into Darkness-

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Worldspear
Marius nodded in understanding. He himself had been sent on such missions only to confirmed their suspected demise. While the other two were catching their breath, Marius quickly joined the giant. Upon reaching him, the colonel noticed the multitude of small tunnel. His suspicions were quickly confirmed when Ghett named the detestable creatures. Beings that Marius hated more than the Cosmic Elves that reside in this land. "Goblins..." He growled, his voice dripping with the promise of violence.
Picking up a small rock, he chucked it at Albion, hitting the other commando in the helmet. "Ow! What the fuck Colonel?! Who throws a fucking rock?! Seriously!"
Suppressing a sadistic smile, Marius simply pointed and replied with
"Times up. We have goblins..." Upon those words leaving Marius' lips, Albion's attitude changed drastically, replacing his scowl with a look of sadistic glee. "Cadet! Arm yourself with incendiary and Arcane Grenades." He barked, producing his Magicite Pistol and drawing his Autoblade, it's multitude of glowing red teeth whirling around the edge igniting the air around it.

WeaselThor WeaselThor LegoLad659 LegoLad659

WorldSpear
(Crusix Phase: First Quarter)​
Yusaria was panting for breath by the time they reached the top. She hadn't asked for help because she thought she could make it without, and she was right. But it was still pretty tiring. She was thankful for the chance to rest, but it was only for a few moments as Marius' order to get ready to fight goblins rang out soon afterwards. He told her to arm herself with incendiary and arcane grenades. Those were... The fire and magic ones, right? Yeah, that was right. She grabbed them and watched the caves nearby for movement, ready to throw one of them inside at the first sign. Her ears twitched as she heard laughter, although from where it was difficult to tell.

WeaselThor WeaselThor HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest

The Forest of unclaimed lands

"I guess that makes sense... So you're copying their memories and not taking their soul" Jaz said after he was explained summoning magic. Jaz then watched as his new traveling companion summoned two ogres. "That'll make the trip the village faster. Maybe you should teach me some of that magic. It could prove valuable to the tribes of Bog Lands." Jaz said as began to guide the group to the village. "We are currently in a forest in an area that is not claimed by any kingdom to my knowledge. in the far west lies my home, the Bog Lands. Then the home of the Giants is north, but still a good distance away. Other than that I'm not that familiar with other kingdoms. But I can at least tell you that the forest here houses many villages of people from different kingdoms who left them for many reasons. But besides the villages, the lake, and the forest there not much else to not really. The forest stretches out a long distant, making it good for people to hide and let wildlife thrive." Jaz exampled as they arrived at the village.

The village was in a clearing of the forest. It's wasn't very large but you could see that homes were well taken care of. The residents of the village seemed to be mainly human but there other races among them such as Lizardfolk. The people look to the entrance of the village to see the ogres enter the village. They almost freaked out until they noticed that they were carrying the body of the sea serpent that had been stopping there fishing. Then finally they laid eyes on Jaz. "He did it, he really killed the monster!" one villager said before they began to cheer.

WeaselThor WeaselThor

Last edited:
Rahu sat down with Ezekiel in the war room, the two of them faced opposite each other with the other officers seated slightly lower than them. The axes had been retrieved from the armoury and placed in front of the High Priest. A smaller hatchet, a large double-headed battleaxe, an enormous bardiche, and the most dangerous of them all: Sunderer, Ender of Stories. Sunderer looked fairly nondescript, but it’s power spoke for itself. Legends had died under it’s vicious half-moon edge. It had basic but powerful sharpness and durability enhancements, as well as a clever trick that caused it’s weight to increase dramatically at the moment of impact with its target.

Rahu looked Ezekiel in the eye.
“Your cup should be found shortly. Now, in regards to your plan, it has a good foundation, but needs some flourises. For one, we do not need to limit it to the two of us, although we will surely be the main force. We have soldiers amount our numbers who can provide sufficient support to our fight, if only to buff our physical abilities. The main issue is with actually causing a permanent wound to their Commander. This not the first city he has set himself towards, and so far the only thing preventing Granya from going the same as the others is my prescence, and now yours. My working theory is that there is a finite limit to his regenerative abilities, based off the fact that he has remained at least partially cautious having not rushed straight into the city to tear it apart from the inside, as well as the simple truth that we are utterly doomed if he can infinitely regenerate. It stands to reason that more severe injuries will drain him more, so my plan is thus: We infiltrate their rear lines with a small squad, including Golden Vitality who can enhance the two of us, and Sandstorm, who can cut us off from outside interference, and we engage in a battle of attrition going all-out to deal as much damage in as short a time as possible, in the hope to deal a permanent wound and hopefully kill him. It is fairly similar to your plan, but it is different in that we will have support and the goal will simply be to grind him down with continuous attacks while supporting each other. Also, you don’t have to worry about being in front of or behind him. I can shoot around you if need be. I appreciate that this seems brash, but time is not on our side. This is the weakest their side will ever realistically be and the strongest ours can hope to achieve. The more time we spend the more men we lose and the more they gain, both from our own dead and our citizens from other settlements. If you have any counter-suggestions I would be happy to hear them, but I must impress the need for urgency. After all this though... if we are still alive I would very much enjoy a drink. It’s been a... trying time.”
Rahu breathlessly finished his monologue, his stomach tightening as he realised that, for better or worse, this battle of his would end today. This plan wasn’t great, perhaps not even good, but what other choice did he have? More time meant more reinforcements for the enemy. He had to trust everything to the hope that him and Ezekiel combined could defeat the beast. What he dreaded most was not the city falling, but rather what he would have to do if it did. Two days ago, when he realised the enormity of the army facing him, he had issued a standing order: If the city were to fall, all soldiers were to evacuate as soon as possible, abandoning all unskilled civilians and destroying as much of the city as possible as they left. Rahu himself would do most of the damage, and the stain of his actions would stay with him the rest of his life. It was for that reason he had to win, no matter the cost, even, if it came down to it, his life.
WeaselThor WeaselThor Remembrance Remembrance
(Sorry it’s pretty much just a monologue)

Atul Well, Dunian Desert

“I'm not judging him...I just don't understand him or what he was thinking...but I do see how it could come off that way” She says thinking back on what she said flicking her ear as she scratched behind it with one of her finger as she stretched and yawned revealing her abnormally sharp teeth signifying amount other features that she was definitely not human “I don't doubt that he is, I figured as much from the way you all gather around him, but I smelled you before I saw you...I saw him before he saw or even heard me. If I were aggressive, your skills may not have mattered.” She listened to their protests in defense of their prince and the insistence that she takes his money, while she thought about turning it down yet again as she could easily hunt for her food if she wanted. She was new to the desert and was not entirely sure what was and was not safe to eat and would rather not guess and end up sick so she sighed and shrugged “Fine, I will take the money since it is so important, ” She takes the food and looks at it, the bread was simple enough the jerky looked...different so understandably she sniffed it to try and make heads or tails of what it was.

WeaselThor WeaselThor

Ezekiel listened on as Prince Regent talked about the plan. Although Ezekiel really just imagined the fight in his head. He thought about how much he could handle during the fight. This testing of variations and what he could do filled his mind as Prince Regent set the scene. War of attrition huh. This might be the end of my voice if I’m unlikely. Ezekiel was risking his most important and cherished asset. His voice. But also his cup if he suddenly dies. But he has a card up his sleeve that he’s not totally accustomed to, yet it could mean life or death in the fight to come.

As Prince Regent finished his explanation, Ezekiel gave his response. “I promise you, once we’re out of this, drinks are on me!” Wait what currency do they use? “Anyhow, you should assemble your team and once my cup is found, we can leave.” Of course, Ezekiel had to ponder on the weapons in front of him. From the bardiche to the historical axe. Ezekiel couldn’t feel immense energy coming from the axe but he could feel it’s history almost peel off to show Ezekiel. It’s natural for objects like these to do this, it’s a natural effect because of the Dragana Manusa’s being natural storytellers. This isn’t to say that they can tell the story of anything, but objects rich in history don’t take much time to decipher and tell. Ezekiel didn’t take much time deciphering the axe, he instead imagined how he would fight with these 4 weapons. Atleast two of them would have to be disposed and out of my hand after I use them. The last two will be the ones I keep. Most definitely.

Well, Ezekiel couldn’t envision everything but his imagination set a good outline for what he needed to do. If the man out there has a limit to his regenerative power, Ezekiel would just have to make the power be as used as possible. Of course, Ezekiel wouldn’t be doing anything unless he gets his cup, which is what he is exactly waiting for.
Balfnaught1 Balfnaught1

The Worldspear

Ghett smirked at the commando's reaction, it seemed that this nation liked crushing the abominable creatures as much as his wife did. He had no preparation himself, rather he relaxed his muscles to prepare for the coming raid. "You take the lead marius, i will follow your orders here. it will help give me a better idea of how to coordinate our forces if i can see how you all operate, for now consider me another troop under your command." the giant smiled and despite being around the same height as the others around him, his presence still seemed just as big as he was when they met up with him. He noticed the girls ear twitch yet he heard nothing himself...at least not at first. A deep booming sound came from within the mountain, and a few seconds later goblins began pouring out of the tunnels in a frenzy. many were unarmed and ran blindly not even seeming to register the heroes until they got within several feet of them. their high pitched shrieks filled the air and the titan lord waited for the commanders orders.
HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest LegoLad659 LegoLad659

The sands of Dunia

the prince began to chuckle a bit as she sniffed the jerky. "its sand worm jerky, trust me its delicious." he said with a friendly tone seeming to have gotten over whatever issue he had before. Jokan made no further comment, she had a point about their skills possibly being overwhelmed, but he didn't think it would make her feel any better to know that he could weaponize the ground at her feet, at least not yet. the prince and ceilia began going over past adventures and generally mingling, trying to get to know her better. meanwhile Jokan and the servants gathered up the supplies and filled several waterskis after a little over an hour had passed jokan tapped the prince saying "its time." he said softly as he held out a hand to help each of the ladies to their feet. even if they declined he wouldn't mind, just a part of his training and growing up in Dunia. after everyone was on their feet and ready he turned his attention to the dune which the Orú had walked over. he took a breath and blew it through pursed lips, magical energy accompanied his exhale and amplified it turning it from a short burst of air into a powerful gust which blow the dune away revealing a gold and wood ship balanced atop three large ski's lying flat across the deck was a large mast that seemed to fold out when the gust hit it. The ship was majestic and sturdy, and clearly well made. "all aboard, watch out for aggressive wolves." he said jokingly.
@Brea The Brave

Forest of the unclaimed lands

Jinsieg listened carefully as Jaz spoke, the mentions of the nearby nations and the description of the area helped him to put together a mental map of the region. he was confident that he knew where he was at this point. "thanks jaz, i think i have an idea of what route i intend to take and sure id be glad to show you a thing or two, though honestly it takes a while to master, once you got it down it makes most things easier. my next question, whats the fastest mount you can get me access to? Time is a factor on our journey." as he spoke he had dozens of other ideas running through his head, and as he mentally scanned his mind for what could have happened, the only logical answer was that it was not natural, which meant that someone had done this. the energy didn't match any cyribdian energy he had seen before but that didn't rule them out.
ChazGhost ChazGhost

Grenya, The golden kingdom

Na,sur watched as the horde was cut down while they approached the wall, after nearly an hour, the horde was only a few ranks deep against the wall. he smiled internally at how much hope those within the walls must be facing, it had been nine days since they had seen this much of their own front yard. As he looked behind him his internal smile turned external. The siege titans were all gathered over the hill beyond the cities view of the horizon. and had taken their positions at the front of the horde their massive frames rippled with muscle, the study bones morphed into blades and spikes protrusions, and each one standing nearly seven meters tall. they would surely bring this wall down once they made it to the wall.behind them several sergeants and lieutenants were harnessing the cyribdian energies and preparing to erect the barrier in front of the siege abominations, behind the officers were tens of thousands of devilish monsters toting shoulder mounted cannons which would spew blobs of explosive molten metal at their targets. After spending so long sending mindless horrors at the city to soften it up he honestly felt very good to have an adequate army at his disposal again. turning back to the wall he watched as the last rank of mindless horrors fell to his adversary. he didn't sense the prince on the wall, nor did he sense the bold human who had approached him recently, they were no doubt formulation a plan to deal with him. and for what ever reason the thought of killing the prince and ransacking the city brought a twinge of pain to the empty space where his hart once was. a single tear of black liquid poured from his eye and he wiped it away in disgust. today it would end, the sorrow he had been feeling as he tore the nation apart, a sorrow he had no explanation for, after all nine months ago he was born for this very purpose.
Balfnaught1 Balfnaught1 Remembrance Remembrance

Orú/golden kingdom border

Surely the sight of the leather clad giants toting clubs, slings, spears, and shields would be a shock to the Orú, however the army didn't stop sprinting together, they managed to move at least 110 kilometers an hour, stepping over anything in their path or simply stepping around it. as they crossed into the golden kingdom and the worldspear came into view far to the west, asteroids mind wandered to her husband, she wondered how his investigation was going but was more than a little concerned as to what he would find. they continued onwards aiming for Grenya and bound to reach it within an hour and a half. some scouts who were keeping the evacuation route monitored for grenya would have send word via flint hawk back to the city. The 200 kilometer per hour bird would beat the giants there by a decent margin and with it would come the message "reinforcements march south from titania."
@Brea The Brave Balfnaught1 Balfnaught1

Worldspear
Before Marius could respond in the negative, his subordinate Albion took the initiate. "Negative. Upon agreement of the team and Marius, in the event there are goblins, he is to relinquish command temporarily until the threat has been dealt with or his bloodlust has been sated." The Lieutenant replied gesturing to the now twitching colonel, a look of psychotic glee plastered on his scarred visage.
Without waiting for the others, Marius loosed a bloodcurdling roar as he charged in, hacking into the terrified hoard. His Autoblade reved up, and tearing into the green-skinned creatures that he so loathed, the teeth of the weapon ripping, tearing and setting ablaze the foul beings laughing manically.

Seeing their kin being slaughtered, one of them leaped onto the frenzied illustrati colonel, trying to plant a crude looking dagger into his kneck only to be stopped short by the combat skin's armour. ""Ha! Is that what you call Stabbin?! I'll Show you Real Stabbin!" he roared, grabbing the little bastard by the neck and plunging his autoblade into it's guts, spraying gore and innards and a gruesome display.
It was then Albion gave the command to engage the enemy. "Cadet! Toss incendiary grenades into their caves now! We need to get Marius back under control!" He barked, firing three round burst into a goblin, before looking towards their Titanian ally. "Ghett, Support the colonel as bast you can till he can be brought back under control." he ordered, all the while as Marius continued his rampage, his armour and face covered in gore.

Worldspear
Yusaria was waiting for Marius' orders to attack, caught off-guard by his sudden rampage on the goblins. She stared at him in surprise, shocked that he could lose his composure so easily. She couldn't help but cringe as he went... A little overboard in killing them. Even in the wild, Yusaria never went that far... She didn't even enjoy it much, unlike him. It was a bit scary.

She was snapped out of her reverie by Albion's order to throw her grenades "Ah- Yes, sir!" She replied, understanding that Marius was out of commission for the moment. She pulled the pins on three incendiary grenades, tossing each one into the nearby caves. In the meantime, she also kept her ears out for that laughter again. She was expecting something bigger, from the sound of it, but so far it'd just been a bunch of little goblins... Something wasn't adding up.

HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest WeaselThor WeaselThor

Worldspear

Ghetts brow furrowed in concern as the commander let out a roar of rage and tore into the frenzied creatures. Upon realizing that the adventurers were a threat most of the other goblins turned to assault the group. when he heard the soldier albion give him his orders he nodded and went towards the captain a goblins tiny spear glanced off of his chest snapping its tip though leaving no mark on the titan. he reached out snatching a goblin off of the commanders back and snapping its spine with a flex of his grip before swatting another out of the air into a fatal collision with the wall. when the incendiary grenades went off the tunnels filled with fire and the whole mountain seemed to vibrate briefly. A sound like thunder could be heard as stones from higher up the mountain began to cascade towards the goblins and heroes. "GET CLOSE!" He shouted in a voice which grew louder with each letter as he adjusted his size to about twelve meters so that his torso would become like a roof above the lunar soldiers. he crossed his arms and tucked his head as the several ton boulders buried him and the squad. however they compacted around his frame locking themselves in place. the rumbling of the landslide lasted a few seconds, though it would have felt like minutes to everyone within. When all the debris finally settled the narrow valley they were in had turned into a stone tomb around them. "is everyone okay?" the titan asked from above as he began to slowly and carefully shrink back down. "i uh...i think that got the bulk of them actually. at the very least its not a bad start." he said in a rather cheerful voice
LegoLad659 LegoLad659 HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest

Worldspear, Caves
Marius twitched and searched frantically for his next victim for a moment or two, before recognition dawned on his gore spatter face. Shame filled the colonel when he looked upon the eviscerated and smashed bodies of the goblins before looking upon his comrades. Silently, his subordinate Albion approached and placed a calming hand on his shoulder, a look of understanding and sorrow on his own face. "They're dead Colonel. You can calm down now." The Lieutenant said quietly, as Marius quickly started to get back under control.
"Ich hasse die kleinen Bastarde... Ich hasse sie alle..." Marius said in a near whisper, as painful memories flashed through his minds eye. Shaking his head, the colonel straightened and turned towards the others. "Forgive me... I'm sure you both have questions, and i'll answer them. But we need to be moving, and the only way through is the caves..."

Worldspear

Ghett listened as the commander came back from his rage and began to map out their path. part of the titan lord wanted to correct him, to say "i could move the stones off of us and we could keep climbing". however he had just relinquished command to the man and wasn't about to undermine him with such things, plus he had time...giants always had time. instead he said "yes sir" and moved towards the mouth of the goblin tunnels. not being one for caution or hesitation he began to enter the tunnels despite their size not being willing to accommodate him, he still shoved himself through the narrow corridor, grinding and snapping the sharp pointed stones with his obviously and purposefully forceful movements. sure he could've used the power strong to widen the tunnels, but his commander gave no such order...

Worldspear
Yusaria followed her squad silently, her ears down in shame as she felt like she was responsible for getting them trapped. She was ordered to throw the grenades, she told herself. Plus, it took care of the goblins. She'd rather be walking through a dark cave than fighting goblins. Especially with how ballistic Marius had gone on them. She still felt a little unsettled about that, not having responded to his statement that he would answer their questions about it later.

Where exactly did these caves lead, anyway? Were they going to the top of the mountain, or down deeper into the ground? Either way, she followed closely behind her squad (Keeping a safe distance from Marius, just in case) and kept her ears open. In the tunnels, she should be able to hear echoes a lot clearer than she would outside, so she intended to use that to her advantage as a kind of early warning system.

Worldspear, Caves
Pushing his current feeling down into the recesses of his psyche for later, He and Albion quickly followed after Ghett. Upon entering the tight claustrophobic confines of the goblin caves, the two wordlessly pulled out a light stone from their pouches. Upon touching the stone, they began to glow brightly, illuminating the gloomy darkness only to see and hear Ghett carving away the tunnel. This confused the colonel wondering why he wasn't using his abilities. Deciding to voice his concerns.
"Ghett. Why aren't you using the Power Strong to make it easier on yourself?" He asked directing the light of the stone ahead, and away from the giant's eyes to not blind him.

Forests of the unclaimed lands
WeaselThor WeaselThor
"The fastest mount... I could get you raptor." Jaz said as Wake walked up behind him and nodded. "Raptor is very quick and are very capable in battle as well. Though if you really wanted to, we could go back to the Bog Lands and get a pair of pterodactyl to fly us through our journey" Jaz added as he walked over to the home of the butcher of the village. The butcher mouth was agape as saw the ogres and body of the serpent. "Could you have the ogres drop off the serpent here for the butcher to take care of? You can skin him right for the rest of the village?" Jaz said looking to Jinsieg before looking to the butcher, who was just nodding a bit nervously.

Worldspear, Caves

Ghett turned and nodded to the colonel and stoped for a moment to close his eyes and relax. Taking a breath he could feel the Power strong Ebbing and churning deep within the planet. He allowed that to flow into his feet filling him with mana and causing his Markings which were so often mistaken for tattoos to glow a briliant royal blue. When he opened his mouth he Spoke in thuan but the voice was very different, deep and rumbling. Those nearby could feel it in their bones, not an unpleasent shaking but rather a gentle pulsing. The walls and floor around them softened and pulled away like wax shaping into a simple and elegant hallway with walls so smooth the naked eye could find no flaws. Ghett felt around with the power strong shaping the tunnel to follow a semblance of its natural course towards a large chamber. He made no mention of the goblins which hid in the tunnels moments before, only to find themselves buried in liquid stone, then crushed as it hardened. It took him almost a minute but when he finished his markings glow faded, and the vibrating hum turned back into his normal voice as the Power strong returned to its domain. "Is that better Commander?" Ghett asked when he was done, showing no sign that his task had cost him any effort. "There is a large chamber at the end, big enough to accommodate me in my true form, i hope you wont mind my stretching out a bit when we get there." he said making it a point to attempt and aaddress marius as he would before his days as king, not wanting to influence his decision, nor get in the way of plans.

Forests of the unclaimed lands

Jinsieg was surprised at how quickly the village crept up on them. It was well hidden and he was so deep in thought that he didnt even notice until Jaz asked him to have the ogres set the serpent down. "Thats enough guys, enjoy your nap." he said gesturing for them to set the serpent down before dispelling them into a cloud of green sparks which disapated into nothing. "Raptors huh, never riden one but it would be a better choice. Trust me you dont want to be in the air over Nebulae for too long." he said in a lighthearted manner. Hopefully he wasnt going to get this new friend of his killed, whatever this was they were dealing with it was big, really big.
ChazGhost ChazGhost

Worldspear
Yusaria stumbled a bit as the giant seemed to cast some sort of spell (Apparently those markings weren't tattoos... Or were they? She wasn't sure, she never quite understood their purpose in the first place. Maybe that was just how they worked) and both widened and smoothed out the whole tunnel they were walking through. She certainly wasn't expecting that, although it filled in the branches in the tunnels leaving just one pathway for them to follow. So she was fine, if rather impressed, with this event.

Her ears faced forward as a noise she'd been hearing grew more prevalent now that the tunnel was the way it was now. She'd disregarded it before as something confusing but unimportant, much like many things in this world, but it seemed to be coming from directly ahead of them... Curious.

Worldspear, Caves
Marius had to bite back an annoyed grunt when Ghett referred to him as a Commander. While he understood that it was the giants equivalent to an MRL Lt. Colonel, it still irked him. Crossing his wrists in an over under fashion, his Magicite pistol resting above the Light stone he quickly took point, motioning for the Cadet to follow him closely, before responding to his friend. "More than enough. Thanks for the heads up." He replied coolly, as Albion took up their rear. "And Ghett, if you insist on being inform in how to address you, then i must ask you do the same for us. But if you do need to refer to me by rank, then please use Lunari ranks. I'm a Lieutenant Colonel, or Colonel for short. A Commander his the Naval equivalent of an army captain." He explained, in teacher mode, hoping that Yusaria already knew this, but covering it all the same.
With that said, he led them through the now illuminated caves, explaining to the best of his ability why they were moving the way they did, and the tactics involved in cave or close quarters combat.

Worldspear, Caves=>Hidden Cavern.

As Ghett listened he chuckled a bit at the smallfolks patriotism. It was endearing for sure. "Roger that Colonel." he said as the walk through his tunnel came to an end. The chamber they were in was very large at least a half a kilometers in diameter with high ceilings up to a hundred meters high and it was eerily dark. The Light from the Lunari stone cut through the darkness revealing a jagged mess of a floor with stalagmites growing from the floor and several crags and loose stones. The titan lord had just noticed a strange green light across the cavern on the opposite side when the unmistakable sound of bones crunching and a gasp of suprise and agony caused him to turn around.

It was albion, a large spike peircing him through his back and coming out of his stomach. The commando looked at the spike jutting from his chest with a mix of surprise, pain, and anger. Yet fear became mingled in when he began to rise into the air rapidly. His lightstone would reveal the spike to be the tail of a massive Gargoyle like creature clinging to the wall as it rose the soldier to its mouth. "Oh hell no!" the soldier choked out as he reached for a grenade from his belt and pulled the pin on it less than a meter from the creatures mouth. When it snapped its head forward the albion thrust the grenade down its throat even as its jaws snapped shut on his arm just above the elbow. The beast swallowed both and was going for its next bite into a cursing Soldier when its chest exploded silencing both of them.

It all happened so fast that the giant barely had time to process it, but as terrible as all that was it was what he saw when the flash of the grenade filled the cavern. That creature wasnt alone, there were dozens of them clinging to the ceiling. "AMBUSH!" Ghett said as he began to grow and reach for the blade on his back at the same time.

Worldspear
Yusaria turned when she heard something happening with Albion, gasping as she saw the spike through his stomach. Then when the grenade went off and she saw all the others in the room, she twirled her glaive around, surrounding herself with a barrier of fire as King declared that they were being ambushed. Truthfully she didn't know if flame magic would be effective against them, but she was hoping it would at least discourage them from trying to grab her... Or something.

Her heart was pounding in her chest as she waited to counter any oncoming attacks to her person. She'd fought one or two monsters on her own, but not a whole cave full of them... This was really bad.

Worldspear, Caves=>Hidden Cavern.
Adrenaline mixed with pure rage filled the Illustrati colonel as he fired a tight grouping from his Magicite Pistol, it's crystalline rounds puncturing and detonating inside the creature nearest his downed comrade. Wasting no time, he charged over to the prone form of his Lieutenant, cobalt blood pouring from his wounds as the commando fought for each breath. Grabbing a hold of his suit's collar ha began to drag him to the tunnel, leaving a cobalt smear on the stone floor of the cavern, the light of the Cadet's flames making it look onyx. "Pull back to the Tunnel! Don't let the bastards surround you!" He barked snatching up one of the Arcane grenades off of Albion's belt. Pulling the pin, he tossed the deadly anti-personnel weapon into on of the larger groups, before getting into the cover of the Tunnel.
A moment later, a small section of the caver detonated into a firestorm of soul destroying fire. The cavern lit up in a series of blues and lavender as the grenade went off. Not wasting any more time, he holstered his pistol and drew his rifle, loosing tight three round bursts into the swarm. "Cadet! Pull Back to the tunnel! Switch to your Perferator!" He barked, blinking back tears of sorrow and fury as his friend and comrade died beside him, coughing up cobalt, and staining the inside of his helmet.

"Don't worry colonel... It's just a flesh wound..." he wheezed, filling Marius with dread. "I'm just... Gonna rest... my eyes... Sir..."

Worldspear
Yusaria nodded in definite agreement with the Colonel's order to fall back into the tunnel. She ran along with everyone else into the more secure defensive position "Ah- Right! Yes sir!" She replied, as he'd told her about her Perferator. Of course, she forgot about it... Again. She put her glaive away and opened fire into the cavern, knowing the spread shot of shards (She was pretty sure) would be very likely to hit something in a group of large creatures, hopefully doing a lot of damage.

Worldspear, Hidden Caverns.

The titan lord waited for the colonel and the cadet to make it to the tunnel before he began to make his way there himself. Though they were a good bit larger than Ghett who had merely doubled in size by the time one of them landed to attack him. It found his blade in its mouth before it made it to him. Another thrust its tail at him but made the mistake of revealing itself before doing so granting ghett plenty of time to catch it in his free hand and pull the creature into and upward slash as he ripped his blade free from the first creatures head. Turning towards the tunnel he swung his blade in a wide arc cleaving a third in twine as it blocked his path. In two long strides he found himself at the mouth of the cave right as the grenade went off illuminating the cave once more. The creatures had left their perches and crawled towards them with ravenous intensity. "Seto Resh." He said in giant, A phrase which loosely translated to "Bring it on." He grew again to a hheight of 16ft so that his head barely scraped the roof of the tunnel. As if understanding him the creatures all burst into a sprint amd rushed headlong into rifle fire, and spread shots which fractured their stone like skin and blasted craters in their bodies. Those who got too close to the mouth of the tunnel were cleaved down by the cursed Argentum blade, or torn apart by the Iron hand of the king. The battle though glorious lasted only a few seconds, it boiled down to intelligence, the creatures were too foolish or hungry to not run headlong into their death. In the end The tunnel mouth was surrounded by a large wall of massive mangled stone bodies spilling foul smelling blood into the air.

Ghett was almost tempted to mention how easy that was but two things prevented him. The remembrance of Albion's condition, and the chilling laughter and words which filled the chamber from the other side. "An impresssssive disssplay. Forgive me for killing your friend in ssssuch a manner, but then, if he couldnt handle those mindlesssss petssss...then he wassssnt desssstined to live very long anyway. I can ssssmell your grief, but there issss no need to grieve little mortalsss , you will be with him again ssssoon enough." The laughter again filled the air as if beckoning them to come for him.

Worldspear
The sounds of battle rang in Yusaria's ears, and she tried very hard not to squeeze her eyes closed in an attempt to ignore them. She didn't like this... It was loud and scary, and way more than she'd ever done before. But she had to, she told herself, and forced herself to keep firing until all of the monsters were dead. She... Really didn't like the smell they left behind, but she didn't have time to contemplate that.

Her heart stopped as she heard a familiar laughter. She looked into the cavern to see who was speaking "Th-that voice..." She spoke softly "I heard it before, just before the goblins attacked..." She said. She was slightly terrified now, knowing that the laughter didn't belong to a goblin, but to... Well, she couldn't see, but it was definitely whoever was speaking right now. She nearly forgot to pay attention to what they were saying, and missed most of it, but she managed to catch the last part. They'd be with him? Whatever they meant by that, she didn't like the sound of it...

Rahu chuckled at Ezekiel’s response.

“Don’t worry, if we manage to survive this, drinks are free for the immediate future. Anyway, the main issue is how many to bring with us. Against someone like their commander, quality matters rather than quality, and if we bring too many with us the city will be overrun, but if we manage to kill him it will simply be a matter of time until we win. Simply speaking: his head means victory.”

Mid-speech, he began addressing the Captains present in the room. He needed at least a few of them on his side in order to cover their weaknesses, but realistically anyone he brought with him would probably die. He looked among them for his squad.
“Sandstorm”

The thin and feeble old man smiled, resignation in his eyes.

“Of course my Prince, it will be a glorious end.”
“Golden Vitality”

The tall and handsome man’s eyes hardened, and his hand tightened on his spear.

“It would be my pleasure to avenge your brothers with my life.”
“Dreadnought”

The man-shaped pile of metal in the corner raised his head, his eyes glowing red with dark hatred. He made no response other than a simple nod.

“That will be all, I think. Now, choose your weapons and we’ll-

Rahu was interrupted by the sudden entry of one of his retainers into the room. Caught off-guard, his “charismatic ruler” persona dropped as he irritably snapped at the servant.

“What is it?”
The servant stammered out a response

“Several things sire. Firstly, we have received word that Titanian reinforcements are on their way. We have also found the cup”
As the servant said this, he brought forth a shabby-looking cup with alcohol in it. Rahu, unfortunately was not paying attention to this, as he was too occupied with the knowledge just imparted to him. Titanian reinforcements meant Giants, which would be an incredible asset. With the speed they moved at, they would probably not be far away. Would it be worth waiting a little longer to make a stronger push at their commander? He’d have to check.

“I’m going to the wall to scout their numbers. Make peace with whatever Gods you believe in and meet me there as soon as possible. The Golden Kingdom thanks you for your service.”

With that, Rahu summoned his bow and took aim through a window in the room and fired, seemingly turning into vapour and swirling around the arrow as he did so. The arrow punched through the glass, leaving a small hole in its wake. As the arrow reached the wall the “vapour” congealed into his form and he dropped onto the stone. Even he wasn’t really sure how he could do that, but he could. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary… a vast sea of monsters had become his normal now. He cast his awareness further, constructing a picture beyond his direct viewing area using his transcendental senses. Sight, smell, hearing, even touch from feeling the airflow came together to construct an image of what was happening.

As he did, his blood ran cold. There would be no waiting. Their doom lay beyond the horizon. Monsters that he was sure could tear through their walls waited there, ready to massacre his people. Any chance they had must be taken now.

“Form up on the wall! Full combat readiness for an imminent assault!”

He roared out onto the wall, the army would be ready within minutes. He called for his Pegasus, and waited for his strike team. Life or death would be decided in the next few minutes.
Remembrance Remembrance WeaselThor WeaselThor (Sorry for the delay!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back