• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Fall into Darkness-

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Worldspear, Hidden Caverns.
Vengeance. That was was first thing that entered Marius' mind when he heard the debase voice of the being that orchestrated his long time friend and brother in arms' death. Laying Albion's body down on the flood gently, he hefted the dead commando's rifle, slapping a new drum mag into the receiver. Seeing the cadet start to panic, he quickly grabbed the young woman by her breastplate giving her a firm shake to snap her out of it. "Calm down cadet, and think!" The colonel hissed, releasing the Al-mir'aj. "The bastard is trying to use psychological tactics against of. Mess with our emotions to force us to make mistakes. He want's us to do something stupid..." Marius growled, before rooting around in Albion's pouches. He wasn't gonna need them anymore. After a moment, he pulled out a few grenades, one of each, an incendiary, Arcane, and fragmentation grenades and began to tape them together. once that was done, he ran a cord through the pins and tied it off, before handing the bouquet Ghett, handing his DMR to the cadet for her use.
"Alright, here's what we'll do. Ghett, The cadet and i will lay down covering fire in controlled three round bursts. When we have it's attention, pull the cord and toss the Bouquet as close to the the fucker as you can. Preferable behind him. If he's still kicking, you and i will move in for melee combat while she provides overwatch."

WeaselThor WeaselThor LegoLad659 LegoLad659

Worldspear
(Crusix Phase: First Quarter)​
Yusaria snapped to attention as the Colonel shook her and explained what was happening. Saiko... What? She didn't entirely get what he was saying, but she did understand the part about doing something stupid. Then he handed her a weapon and explained the plan "Ah, o-okay..." She replied, nodding. Controlled three round bursts... She made sure that stuck in her head, if nothing else. Fire three shots, wait, then fire three again and repeat. She didn't have to understand the rest of the plan, as long as she understood her own part in it. She took a deep breath and raised the weapon to aim into the darkness, awaiting the Colonel's command to fire.

WeaselThor WeaselThor HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest

Worldspear, hidden caverns

Ghett nodded as the commander handed him the bouquet and began to creep along the wall of the chamber so he could make his way around to the strange greenish glow at the end of the Cavern. It didnt take long for the giant to vanish from view. The team would see the humaniod shape standing with At least a dozen Men in Lunari science corps uniforms. Each science officer stood perfectly still with their heads cast downward. The shadows hiding their face, as the Squad approached the voice spoke again. "Your Heartssss reveal you to me. The darknessss embracessss me. Your Deathsssss are inevitable." it chuckled evily pulling down its cloak, even the shadows could not hide the pale white skin of the creature and its mishapen head. Four eyes looked off in different directions as if it were in a trance. Yet as it twitched its hands the Lunari Science Corps officers sprang forward with speed unnatural for even them, and charged forward emiting a loud and inhuman screech. It would only take them half a second to cross the distance between themselves and the two elites who they charged at.

HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest LegoLad659 LegoLad659

Marius upon reaction to the charging and now mutated officers, fired a short spray of magicite rounds at their legs with his rifle tripping up and slowing a majority of them before seamlessly switching to his Autoblade, his own enhancements allowing the colonel to keep up with the abominations. The Autoblade roared as it's tearing teeth lit up the dark cave, ripping into the charging foes and setting them ablaze. Centuries of combat instilled into the commando allowed him to react and fight without thought, his body knowing what to do, as his mind formulated a plan of attack.
Tainted cobalt gore spattered and sprayed, giving the stalagmites a new color. Beating back the abominations that managed to get close, Marius tossed his own arcane grenade at the downed enemies, that were dragging themselves towards him and the cadet. Moments later Arcane fire engulfed them, and left the abominations motionless. "In the name of the Republic, you will pay for your crimes!" Marius growled, before firing his GSM-40 in a series of 3 round bursts.

Ezekiel praised the gods when he saw his cup, he had forgotten everything before his cup had arrived, he just wanted a sip, anything. He tore it from the soldier’s hand and put it to his lips. It’s real! Oh thank the gods! He chugged about two cups full before he took it away from his mouth. The taste marveled most in all capacity and the alcohol rivaled that of any, it had to be the most alcoholic drink in any realm. But that’s not here nor there, the cup isn’t as important as what is to come. Ezekiel attempted to remember what they were all talking about before his cup had arrived but he couldn’t muster anything with his mental powers. Guess I’ll just have to brave the storm that I don’t know about.

Ezekiel saw as Prince Regent readied his bow and shot through the window, seemingly becoming one with the arrow. The arrow just left the room and Ezekiel just kind of didn’t know where the arrow was headed. He had an idea though, the battlements. Ezekiel ran as fast as he could and scaled the fortress wall to reach the battlements. He moved his way through posted archers and scouts to find Prince a Regent. But as he saw him, there was a sense of dread that spread about the area. Ezekiel didn’t know what was happening, or what was to come but he was sure of something. His cup is back and he loves taking drinks of it again. That he did as he viewed the broken landscape and the monster horde that fought through many counter-attacks.

“Is everything okay Prince Regent?” Ezekiel asked the prince, there could be no way that the threat ahead of them could be as bad the prince appeared it to look. “It’s okay if you’re not feeling well, I can handle the commander.” Ezekiel didn’t mind if he had to take on somebody of that power by himself, his plan was flawless in nature but he’d have to work through a crowd of monsters to safely execute it.

Ezekiel had some anxiety about whether or not he could do it but he wouldn’t never know until he tried and that moment may be coming a lot sooner than he thought it would.
Balfnaught1 Balfnaught1 WeaselThor WeaselThor

Eusaria on the Silver Sea.

In one of the Eusarian Naval vessels crossing the silver sea there sat at least 200 men gathered around the dwarven king and listening to him tell the story of the Invaders that made it to his palace. A strange creature calling itself Na'Curras came in giving demands to the kind only to be smitten by the mighty hammer of the king. Yet that was not why they sailed. And army waited for him outside of his palace and he drove them into the sea. Now this force walked across the bottom of Silver bay preparing to emerge in the Orú territories. Now normally Eusarian's were not known to pursue a fleeing foe but somethink about that creatures manner of speak and physical appearance told him he was not from here. Nontheless Tyranex chased these creatures and intended to finish the lot of them. He was a bit purturbed however these beings didnt strike him as the cowardly type, yet here they were leading them on a grand chase. Hell even the army turned tail and ran when he marched out with his royal guard. Something just didnt add up. "Keep your wits about ye lads and lasses, smoething tells me our friends here are leading us to a trap." he said which was met by chuckles and nodds from the royal guard.
~~~
The Great sea, West of MRL territory.

The Large fleet of Corpse rafts from the wildlands had just Crossed into MRL waters, one warning was given for them to turn around by a patrol vessel. Yet it didnt get to finish delivering the message before A dozen blood red orbs of liquid slammed into the vessel quickly spreading until the whole thing was ablaze. Alarms and warning systems spread through the Republic and in less than a half hour a fleet of their own had gathered surrounding the rafts. They began to unload magicite shells at the invaders and succeeded in sinking their vessels one by one. However they didnt relax scans showed that these beings continued their march towards the lunari coast. Rapidly military fortifications were constructed on the beach, and just fifteen minutes after the vessels sank the first horrors began to make it ashore.
~~~
MRL maximum Security

Null was relatively docile for most of his time in the lockdown. Granted he got rilled up from time to time when the guards would poke fun at him but he figured the lives he claimed in his most recent outburst had earned him that. However now was not the time for Being Docile. He banged his fists into the reinforced door with enough force that it rattled the frame of the small building. Yet between the immensely loud bangs his ranting shouts could be heard. "LET ME OUT...DONT YOU GET IT HE IS COMING. HE'S GONNA KILL US ALL YOU IDIOTS, LET ME OUT!" he continued shouting for hours never once breaking cadence. Even after the invaders arrived he was continuing his frenzied phrazing and banging. Only when he had been going for longer than ever before did the guards decide to send a report higher up the chain. However with the events transpiring outside near the coast, only a few miles away, it was doubtful anyone would take the time to look at it.
~~~
Grenya, Golden Kingdom.

Na'sur finally sensed the prince and the new visitors magical aura from the wall and a wicked smile crept across its face. With a smile it pivoted on its heel and walked into the mass of creatures heading through the crowd towards the large black obilesk in the center of the gathering. When he reached it he raised his hand and the Din of grunts and shuffling grew eerily silent. Every eye turned towards the city. When he lowered his hand the army marched forward each step matched by all caused the ground to vibrate as millions of creatures stomped forward. The Commander took a seat on the throne set upon the black Obilesks base. He let out a phrase in his strange language and from the shoulders of most of the army rose an unimaginably large cloud of the Cyribdian raptors that had been raiding the city each time. So dense was the cloud of winged horrors that the sun behind them was blotted out, causing an unnatural shifting shadow to fall over the city as the massive cloud surged towards the city.
Balfnaught1 Balfnaught1 Remembrance Remembrance
~~~
Worldspear, Hidden Caverns.

As the Lunari Colonel tore into the Illustrati horrors Na'homid grinned one of his four eyes tracing the wall to his left, one on each of the heroes and one remaining closed. The Words he called out to him were not lost on him as the rounds flew towards him. With speed beyond what should be possible for his fram he rose his hand and the Rounds stopped dead in their tracks when they struck a shimmering red symbol in the air where they hovered. In that moment Ghett leaped with his powerful leg muscles from his hidden position along the wall and tossed the grenade pin with the speed of a cannonball. In that same instant a second of its hands rose, opening a swirling red portal which caught the Grenades and deposited them into the air behind Ghetts head where they detonated basically on him.

Ghett let out A shout of surprise as the force of the explosion forced him to a knee, evaporated his Cloak & sheathe, and left his bare back Steaming and his hair sizzling and smoking. Yet as his knee dropped another portal opened beneath him and he fell back into the caverns but now positioned between him and the Commando's. "One moment Colonel,Firsssst Your friend here hassss a vissssitor, or sssshould i ssssay visssssitorsssss." A massive 40 meter wide portal unleashed a huge abomination with two heads and a distorted frame that once resembled a giants.

The two heads let out simultaneous as they swung a Club made of stone at the titain lord fresh out of the gate. Sending him flying both due to his being smaller than then in his shrunk state, and due to the impact which produced a pressure wave and rattled the cave with a sound like thunder. Needless to say the stone club exploded and the creature charged on towards the titan lord who was embedded in the stone wall across the cavern. He loosed himself by increasing his size to match the two headed giants and as the creature barreled into him he was about to cleave it in two when he recognized who the two heads were...He froze seeing the faces of his two sons Kang & Kodos. However the tein headed horror did not hesitate. Its massively strong body slammed into the titain lord at full speed and the two tumbled through the wall which crumbled away into a chasm where the two giants fell out of sight.

"Dont you jusssst love Family ruinionssss Mariussss? Hmmmm and what of You Yusssaria, Cruissssix isss not full, your power issss incomplete, what aide could you ever provide to ssssuch an essssteemed officer." its voice seemed to come from everywhere at once and it seemed to speak knowingly.
HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest LegoLad659 LegoLad659

Worldspear
Yusaria opened fire alongside the Colonel, following his lead. She paused when the bullets were blocked, wondering what they would do to get past the barrier. Before anyone could say anything, though, King attacked, and through some very confusing physics that Yusaria couldn't wrap her head around, his attack backfired, and he was suddenly deposited with them.

Then the giant appeared. Her eyes went wide at seeing such a huge monster go to blows with King, her ears falling flat on either side of her face as she backed up instinctively, starting to fire in a continuous burst at the giant out of fear. Then the being started to speak to Marius... And then to her.

"Wh-... What?" Yusaria asked, stopping her attack as she looked at him... Her... It. She'd go with It "H-how do you know my name...? Wh-why do you know that about me...?" She questioned it, not expecting to get answers but hoping for them anyway "W-wait, do you know what I am? Where I'm from?!"

HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest WeaselThor WeaselThor

Forest of unclaimed lands

"I see, well I have a friend in this village. He was hatched about the same time as me, he should allow me to borrow a rapter" Jaz said as the butcher behind him started trying to figure out how to butcher the sea serpent. "Come on this way," Jaz said as he waved for Jinseig to follow. Wake went up to the serpent and took a bit off a fin and then followed Jaz. Jaz walked over to what seemed to stable, but instead of horses, there were Raptors and a few other reptiles like steads. With that, there was a tall black scaled Lizardfolk man with feeding meat to the steads. "Hac!" Jaz said walking over to the caretaker.

"Jaz! Good to see your back alive. Though I knew you'd kill that serpent. We killed bigger things in the boglands" Hac said chuckling to himself. "Who's your friend?" Hac asked.

"This is my new traveling companion, Jinseig. He fell off from his flying city and now we're off on an adventure to get him back to it and save the city." Jaz said excitedly.

"Huh, sounds like adventure deserving of a hero like Jaz. So assume you're here for more than just talk? Guess by the little story your friends needs steed. Well if that's the case you come to fines Raptor stables miles around." Hac said smirking gesturing to the raptors around him. "Pick your raptor Jin, be careful though. If the the raptor doesn't like you it will bite." Hac added looking to Jinseig and pointing back at the Raptor pens where few were already eyeing him.

WeaselThor WeaselThor

Marius gritted his teeth in anger, keeping himself from responding to the enemy's taunts. His silence was broken when the thing began to speak to the cadet. Fury flooding his being. "Cadet, do not listen to that thing. it is trying to get in your head." He growled, futilely firing his rifle. This of course was to keep the fiend occupied as he began to focus on the thaumic threads that make up reality. After a moment, dozens of small dimensional distortions began to form around the enemy, each one the size of a 12.7mm round. "Catch this..." Marius growled, as he opened the final rift at the bottom of the ocean, linking all of them to it. Due to the immense pressures from the sea and the density of the brine, dozens of high powered water jets began to cut into the fiend and the surrounding stone as if it were paper. The fact it was brine only made it worse for the enemy as due to the concentrated salt content, ripping and tearing through muscle, sinew, and bone. "Keep Firing Cadet! Don't let up! Ghett, Vengeance is yours. Have at'em!" The colonel barked, keeping his focus on the rifts.

Ezekiel stood on the battlements, watching the army march towards the fortress. A sort of dark confidence emanated from the crowd of rowdy monsters as they marched on broken land. This won't be easy will it? I may have to change my plan. But before Ezekiel thought up more ways he could annoy the demon commander he once fought, he had to grab the weapons that he left in the War Room. So he did just that, he jumped down the large wall and into the city where he found the war room, picked up his weapons granted to him by Prince Regent. The two large axes were sheathed onto his back while the two smaller ones sheathed themselves onto both sides of his waist. With his weapons now collected, he exited the war room, re-scaled the wall and stood back onto the battlements. He looked onward at the army still marching forward and for once in his entire journey, he felt fear. It hadn't occurred to him yet that this force of anti-nature was incredibly strong, Ezekiel had no choice in this matter however, he was to either fight or turn his tail and run. But what good would the latter be doing?

There wasn't a choice to make, he didn't have the time to do so. Ezekiel picked up a bow and pulled out an arrow from a small basket near him, he readied his shot, knowing full well that once he fires it, he's committed. Ezekiel turned his head to Prince Regent and began to speak. "Prince Regent. This is truly a life or death situation and for me, I'd like live." He took a deep breathe. "So let's win this." He fired the arrow, it didn't curve to hit a monster nor was it even aimed to hit a monster. Ezekiel had it aimed up and over the army. As the arrow flew upwards, he grabbed his chest with his left hand and threw his right hand outwards toward the arrow. "Let's get this done Prince Regent." At the apex of the arrow's flight, when it reached the highest it would be over the marching army, he spoke his words. "Kur!" At that moment, Ezekiel disappeared from the battlements and in his place stood an arrow.

Now airborne and over the marching army, Ezekiel had a few more words to say before he dived into battle. "Mul Qah Diiv!" Meaning "Strength" "Armor" and "Wyrm", this particular set of words was a staple of the Dragana Manusa and the Ethanes. Used as an intimidation tactic when it was first made, the words gave it's speaker a form of spectral armor unique to each person, this spectral armor gave a tail, scales, spikes, and horns on occasion but all weren't entirely physical and had a transparency problem although the one reason it was used as an intimidation tactic was because of how it looked. But when a mage seeking future spells ventured into Morag Tong's domain and retrieved a book with words that adapted the way it worked, he went with it. The words adapted and now the set of words improves physical attack power; resistance to damage; and resistance to the elements. It once stood as a form of intimidation then evolved into an actual working sentence that gave real benefits. Once discovered, the military began using it in small quantities and since then, most soldiers that have served for a year or two know of the words.

Ezekiel now with spectral armor that granted him great resistances to damage and the elements, with wings that gave him limited flight and arms that could punch a hole through any normal person and enchant weapons to become incredibly powerful, this was clearly the peak of the Dragana Manusa's power. All Ezekiel has to do is land and begin his assault but he'd rather wait for Prince Regent's army to begin their mobilization and then start his assault with theirs. So Ezekiel spread his wings and glided around in the air, buying time for the Golden Kingdom's army to start.
Balfnaught1 Balfnaught1 WeaselThor WeaselThor

Last edited:
Nebulae, Palace
Ayla had just finished her patrol of the border between Nebulae and Insularum Mystica when she detected something approaching quickly overhead - it was one of the MRL's aircrafts, she sensed a number of individuals in the vehicle before allowing it to pass. Though she was a Cosmic Elf it didn't feel right to try and bring it down; something about it felt different.

After finding herself a quiet space next to one of the border's towers she brought her hand in-front of herself almost as if half-praying before closing her eyes. The shift between the Astral and Physical plain was as effortless as breathing. Her intangible form traveled across the land at the speed of sound until she arrived at Bhandell's fortress. Several Cosmic Elves stand guard even in the Astral Plain, they motioned for her to stop.

EYPEFrQ.png
Ayla: "Please retrieve the Queen if she's not in her study; it is of utmost importance."

Worldspear, Hidden Caverns
Hochi awoke to the sounds of crumbling cavern walls, wretched unearthly screaming, the feeling of the ground shaking, and explosions. As she opened her eyes to see the horrors - in which her co-company (the MRL), were actively engaging, her vision was blurred, head pounding and nausea setting in. She almost collapsed but caught herself against a rock. As she strained to get her vision back she forced her body to mock the look and texture of the cavern walls. It'd be best for her to stay out of combat for a bit while she recovered.

2ETxHpQ.png
Hochi: "..."

WeaselThor WeaselThor HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest LegoLad659 LegoLad659

Last edited:
Worldspear
Yusaria knew what the Colonel was saying was probably correct. She knew she had her orders to continue firing on this thing, and she knew she had to because it was a threat to all of them, and if she didn't it would probably kill them all.

But...

Her whole life she'd been searching for answers. Who she was, if she really was from the moon. Or if she was something else... Some other race nobody's ever heard of before, with some special attachment to the moon. Nothing she'd been able to find in the libraries and universities of Lunari gave her any answers, or even anything resembling a lead. If the answers she'd been seeking for as long as she can remember were right here, currently being drowned by the Colonel... If this thing knew more about her than she did, then she had to know.

Despite everything in her being telling her to pull the trigger... She couldn't.

HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest WeaselThor WeaselThor AliceNWeb AliceNWeb

Worldspear, Hidden caverns

As the jets of ocean brine tore into him Na'homid let out an inhuman howl of agony, or so it seemed at first. Yet his body fell apart into ribbon like pieces and the howling continued despite the anatomical impossibility of it. Shortly thereafter the howl turned into laughter seeming to come from everywhere at once. "Colonel, You sssshould know better than to preform unssssssecure Thumatic Architecture, what of the energy rebound if one of your portalsssss were to...err." His voice was coming from behind this time, and as he spoke something Acted upon the connection of the portals, they grew unstable and formed a breif singularity before detonating powerfully enough to cause a pressure wave to ripple through the cavern. The rumbling seemed to be the last straw for the stalagtites on the ceiling as they began to fall all over the cavern.

Meanwhile Na'Homids voice continued to speak to Yusaria, sometimes overlapping with what was being said to Marius. "Yessssss my dear. I know all about you, your real name, your family, your true life, the one you were meant to live. I can give that to you, not jusssst the information, i can take you home. But the Colonel... No he would never allow ssssomething like that. But he hassss hissss orderssss. They've known all along Yussssaria, they have kept it from you sssso they could keep you under their control. Think about it, why would they let you join them? Your an outssssider, a wild girl, not a sssssoldier. Itssss plain to ssssee they want your power dear." he spoke in a voice as sweet as honey as if he knew her very well and the two were old friends.
~~~
Deep beneath the cavern Ghett landed on something hard with a clang, but he was quick on his feet when he heard the clang of his sons landing not twenty yards away. The metal surface he landed on was illuminated by lakes and rivers of magma which flowed across the polished bronze looking platform that he now recognized to be precursor metal. His sons had landed with their back to him and looked around in both directions, ghett took opportunity of this time and adjusted his height to match his twisted childrens figure.

Once more the monster saw him and rushed him he sighed heavily. "I failed to protect you my sons." as he finished the mutant was on him with a flurry of steel shattering blows in rapid succession. He made no effort to defend. In his mind he had earned this. Much to his disappointment however it was hardly a just punishment. The blows could move him sure, but he felt no physical pain, he tasted no blood. In a way the lack of damage was worse. The potential these boys had, they would've been fine soldiers after their wandering and proper training. Yet all that potential was squandered, what was worse was him trying to determine how he was going to breal the news to his queen. Finally his back hit the wall and the next blow shoved his head into the stone, Erok Tungust. he thought to himself as he caught the next fist in his palm and delivered a return blow which let out a crack of thunder and sent his sons skidding backwards with an imprint of the Kings fist in their chest which began to heal before Ghetts eyes. "I will not fail to give you rest." But his words were only met with an inhuman cry as the giant abomination charged at the titan lord again, however this time he met the charge and with a battle cry of his own nearly as loud as his boys.

LegoLad659 LegoLad659 HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest AliceNWeb AliceNWeb
~~~
Grenya, Golden Kingdom

The army marched together in unison with perfect step, causing the ground to tremble slightly at their approach. However most eyes were forced upward by the cloud of Cyribdian raptors. A thicker and denser air raid than ever before. Luckily the thickness of the cloud hid the spectal armored hero Ezekiel from the captains below. Unfortunately it came with the side effect of a whirlwind of razor sharp beaks that could pierce steel and clawed hands which could lift a grown man into the air. However the cover wouldnt last long nor would their attack. The only ones who attacked were those in direct contact and range, but even that limited percent of them was an aor raid in itself. It didnt bode well for their intended target that was for sure.

Meanwhile on the battle field below the First rank had just begun to decend the hill Na'sur previously stood on. With their current pace they would be on them in only a dozen minutes or so, But the Cyribdian raptor cloud would arrive in precious little seconds. Na'sur Chirped a strange joyful sound as his army continued onward and his purpose neared completion.
Remembrance Remembrance Balfnaught1 Balfnaught1
~~~
Forests of the unclaimed lands

Jinsieg Smiled nervously as Jaz discussed his plight and nodded awkwardly as he was told that the raptors would bite those they didnt like. He made his way to the raptors very slowly, the first one he saw he approached and quickly decided that it was looking at him too hungrily for his liking. The next one acted friendly until got close and it snapped at him so fast he wouldve lost a finger if not for him being so on guard. He looked sheepishly at the two lizardfolk who were no doubt getting a kick out of this. Finally on his fifth try he approached one that didnt try to kill him immediately, nor did it try and take a chomp out of him when he reached for it. Instead the dull greyish raptor nuzzled his hand and he felt one thousand percent better. "Um i think i have one You guys. What now?" he asked obviously oblivious.
ChazGhost ChazGhost
~~~
Nebulae, Astral palace

The guard nodded as Ayla presented her request and said. "She is in the garden, Enjoy your visit." He said with a mandatory politeness. He faded from the astral plane to open the gate and returned to escort her through the palace to the garden. She likely knew the route by now but the man had a job and he was gonna do it. It took nearly three minutes to reach the garden and sure enough Bhanell hovered about four meters off the ground in her corporeal form using her telekinesis to pollinate a flower without disturbing it. She did not look up from her project yet she addressed Ayla. "Hello my little spider, who crawled into your web today hmm?" she said as she finished her work and turned her gaze upon Ayla. A kind of psychic pressure seemed to emenate from her making it difficult to maintain an astral form, a subtle hint that she would rather have this conversation in person. However rather than diffusing the astral projection Bhanell used Ayla as a conduit to pull her body into the palace. "Get In, we can address this over some wine." she smiled as she held out her hand drawing a bottle from the cellar and some glasses to her in the same manner.
AliceNWeb AliceNWeb

Several emotions warred within the commando, but one won out above the others; Hatred. Pure, Burning Hatred. And with it came a clarity of mind, as he latched onto the emotion, letting it suffuse his entire being. Time seemed to slow for him, as the shockwave hit, knocking loose the stalactites above him and the Yusaria. Over a century's worth of training and experience took over, as a revelation came upon him.
Recycling the energy from the collapsed rifts, Marius focused it around him and the cadet, just micro-seconds from being impaled. The stalactites, upon making contact with the thaumic weave instantly broke down into fine grains of white sand, before whirling around the two creating a protective barrier that would grind away skin and bone to any normal being. "And If you had delved deeper into my mind, you would have known that Thaumic Architecture is not just used for creating rifts. Asshole..." He growled, pushing the now airborne sand to whip around faster and faster, all the while pushing it outwards. If he could see the enemy, he would use his surroundings to find him. "Yusaria. Do you know why we accepted you into the Military Republic? It is because we saw potential. Like in all others who join, whether they be Illustrati, Lamia, Human, Haibian, or Moon Almiraj. It is through the strength of others that serve the people that make us powerful. No race is superior. This mother fucker here, seeks to destroy all that we love. Even the family that adopted you. Who took you in as if you were their own blood. Do not let him get to you, or he and his ilk will destroy all you love, and i have no doubt they well stop on this world either..."

While all this was going on, Marius had been transmitting the entire time. Seven Miles west of them, the Albatross took to the air, heading towards their position, guns hot and ready to unload 30mm hell upon the enemy.

WeaselThor WeaselThor LegoLad659 LegoLad659 AliceNWeb AliceNWeb

Nebulae, Palace
She nodded, shattering her Astral form in the next moment only to be standing before Bhanell. Ayla was always impressed by the sheer power that emanated from their Queen. She brushed the thought off and politely grasped the glass being offered to her. As Bhanell hovered slightly off the ground pouring them a glass of wine, Ayla formed a couple of chairs and a table with Astral Energy before taking a seat and folding one leg over another at the knees. She took a small sip of the rich red wine. She then spoke in a cordial and calm manner. Not rushed, but not overly formal as to make the conversation tedious.

EYPEFrQ.png
Ayla: "Sorry for intruding so suddenly, There was an aircraft that passed through our airspace; it was the MRL through the border. The vehicle was full of men and exceeded the normal airspeed. They were headed towards Worldspear - it seems to be a rather urgent matter of high military concern. I thought it inappropriate of me to bring the craft down - I've not seen them so worked up in such a long time"

Hochi was listening to the abomination tear into her comrade's consciousness and it filled her with a sadness she'd never felt before. Hochi had grown up - practically alone but it wasn't painful. It's not like she was missing anything she just didn't get to spend much time with her parents. Her rocky textured eyes narrowed towards the floor wondering what kind of pain Yusaria was going through, watching the colonel of another division trying desperately to dispatch the monster and protect his cadet. There was a sudden burning in her chest, another feeling she'd never had before. As the stalagmites fell from the ceiling shattering into pieces on the cavern floor - something akin to adrenaline coursed through her veins.

In a second she had covered a meter or two, knee firmly dug into the ground.

.5 seconds, chambered a round into the NV-72 Anti-materiel Rifle.

.5 seconds, flicked off the safety and scoped her target, Na'homid - at the center of all its eyes.

.2 seconds pulled the trigger sending the Black alloy round imbued with a plasma rune spiraling towards the creature's face.

.3 seconds, shell ejected and another round chambered ready to fire

Her body still camouflaging itself in the cavern space, her neck split open in two places - this was meant to make it confusing as to where her voice was coming from as she spoke, almost mimicking Na'homid when it spoke.

2ETxHpQ.png
Hochi: "Me and you have never served together, Yusaria. We're not even in the same division... but whatever the hell that thing is saying to you - I have a feeling it doesn't come from a place of love. I don't know your pain, or your past... but as an MRL I will always stand up for another comrade. I don't know what you're searching for but maybe it's been here all along - even if it isn't you have to fight this thing. You have to fight it... because if you don't pull that trigger we're all going to die down here and you'll have blood on your hands, YUSARIA YOU HAVE TO FIGHT IT! PULL THE FUCKING TRIGGER!"

WeaselThor WeaselThor HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest LegoLad659 LegoLad659

Worldspear
What this thing was saying made too much sense to Yusaria. At least, she wanted to believe it so badly, because that would mean she'd finally have a way home. She'd know everything she'd wanted to know about herself since the day she was born. She really wanted to go with this thing and find everything she ever wanted. And she had no doubts she would.

Yusaria clenched her eyes shut and put her hands to her aching head. But... The Colonel was right, as well! Even if this thing knew all about her, even if it could take her back home and let her live happily with her real family... It was still attacking her squad, killing her friends! There was no way she could let that happen, but if she were to kill it then she'd lose possibly her only way home... And there was no way she could let that happen either...

Then another voice, out in the cavern, snapped her to attention. Her eyes opened, looking around for the source, but through Marius' sand barrier it was nearly impossible to see. Whether she could see it or not, the voice sealed her fate. She was right... Regardless of whether or not it knew about her, it was still an enemy, and it was still a threat. Even in the wild, she never let a threat just talk her down like this. And even if what it was saying about the military was true, that they were just using her, she realized she didn't care. Each and every one of them had been so nice to her ever since she arrived that she couldn't possibly turn her back on them now... Yusaria lifted her hands off her head to grip her gun once again, eyes and ears open for her target. As soon as she saw or heard any sign of it, she opened fire in one long, continuous burst. Because she had to. If not for her survival, then for everyone else's. For the people who gave her a chance, and a home.

HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest WeaselThor WeaselThor AliceNWeb AliceNWeb

Worldspear ,Precursor metal plate

When the Giants collided the sound of thunder tore through the cavern again, yet if there were any witnesses they would be able to see clearly which giant had the upper hand. Despite the impact Ghett didnt slow his pace after the collision, instead he pushed his mutated children back to the other side of the cavern. He paid no mind to the blows that the monster landed on him, they may as well have been a massage. Yet with each of his blows the monster would reel and be left with a small crater to be buffed out later.

It didnt take the king long to begin to feel guilt at swinging on his children. And with a heavy heart he knew what it would take to finish them quickly enough to help his friends. When his boys swung next he caught his wrist, then his other one and simply forced the creature into an embrace. "You may not remember, but when you were boys you would cry together like this." his markings began to glow again as he tapped into the power strong and closed his eyes. "Go to sleep my sons." he said followed by the Thu'an word "Tomak" which translated roughly to "to Me." As soon as he said this the magma creeping across the precursor plate leapt onto him and his sons burning the latter to ash in less than a minute even as it healed.

The glowing ball of magma Swirled and hardened in a matter of a minute or two. Inside the now solid stone sphere Ghett wept bitter tears. Yet even that didnt last long, he knew he didnt have time to mourn. Not while his friends were in danger and the one responsible for this still breathed. "COWARD! YOU PITIFUL CUR! RUN AND HIDE FOR DEATH HAS BEEN BOUGHT WITH YOUR ATROCITIES." His shout was accompanied by a rapid growth which served to both shatter the stone orb and amplify the sound of his voice so that it vibrated the floor of the caverns above.
~~~

Worldspear, Hidden cavern

Na'homid was honestly enjoying his new playthings and it saddend them that he would have to kill them so soon. He stood far from them watching as they used their magic and stamina attacking hallucinations of his voice and frame. Though the sandstorm would be a problem if left unchecked. However the plasma he was gathering hi his hands would soon put an end to that. It was so easy it almost felt unfair and he chuckled at the idea of fairness. Yet his chuckle was cut short as a bullet slammed into his face between his four eyes and blasted a portion of his head off in a sticky blackish eruption. This time the howl of pain he let out was real, and in addition the Illusion began the lift as he was forced to focus on his healing to prevent his brains from falling out of his rapidly regenerating head. As he rose his hand and generated a small force field to shield him from her shots Yusaria had managed to hear his cry during the illusion flicker and landed a burst of rounds into his back causing him to curse out in fury. "You will all perissssh." it hissed allowing the illusion to drop completely then unleashing a single large horizontal arc of cutting plasma at both Yusaria and Marius. However his focus was pulled away again as the floor vibrated with the Titan lords call causing the arc to lose its homing capabilities. Well then i guess we're doing this now. the creature thought to himself as he prepared more plasma to shape into weapons.
HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest LegoLad659 LegoLad659 AliceNWeb AliceNWeb

Upon seeing the Illusions lift, a feral grin found it's way onto Marius' face, the old scar giving him a ghastly visage. "There you are~" He practically purred, as he molded several large crystalline spikes out of the sand. With a flick of his wrist, the crystalline projectiles took flight towards their target, each one embedding into the foes limbs with a wet Thunk, before detonating in the same fashion as the Perferators rounds. Pushing his power further, Marius opened a fist sized rift beneath Na'hamid, once again loosing an extreme water pressure assault practically giving the creature a jumbo enema. Even he had to resist the urge to cross his legs at the sight, as he kept up the multi sided assault.
Cobalt blood began to seep from his nose and eyes due to the strain of using much of his power, but he pressed on. He had to make sure it would never bring harm to his comrades again. "What am I thinking now Mother Fucker!"

WeaselThor WeaselThor LegoLad659 LegoLad659 AliceNWeb AliceNWeb

If Rahu had more time, he’d probably cry. Such as it was however, he had to make do with the next best thing: fighting till his last breath. Unfortunately the original plan was no longer tenable. He needed more support if he wanted any confidence in dealing with the monster. He motioned for more Captains to join him. He appreciated Ezekiel buying them some time to gather en masse. He gathered five more Captains in addition to their original force, each a living legend in their own right, reduced to cannon fodder by the war they were trapped in. In a brief moment of total clarity, Rahu realised that even the best-case scenario would result in death on an immense scale. Committing so many forces to the Commander would likely allow the city to be at least partially overrun. Was he willing to sacrifice so many of his people’s lives for a chance at victory, at revenge? His own answer surprised him. He was. His pride, his honour, his hard-fought power, he would throw it all away for success. With that realisation and without further reflection on what it meant for him as a person, he, along with his Captains mounted his Pegasus and took to the skies.

The immediate threat was obviously the flying abominations. They would be met by the combined forces of the Mounted Air Guard and the Archer Corps. Not all of the strongest combatants of the Golden Kingdom were in the Old Guard. There were some hidden experts in the other divisions as well. Unfortunately, the power of an individual is limited. Fortunately, the point of an army is to make up the difference in numbers and powers with cohesion and training. The combined assaults of the two divisions as well as Rahu’s own support while he was en-route to the rear of the army would tear through a large part of the air assault, but wouldn’t be enough to finish them. Their sheer numbers essentially guaranteed that they would remain a nuisance for the battle’s entirety. It didn’t matter, the real battle would be fought far from the city itself. Rahu sent the rest of the Captains to join with Ezekiel. They knew his power and would obey any reasonable order he gave. As for him? He activated the power of his cloak, and a field several metres wide emitted from him. Rahu and Cloudstrider became entirely invisible and inaudible. This level of stealth was costly to maintain, but through a high-powered ambush attack it was entirely possible that he could turn the tide of battle by himself. However, the first order of business was to breach the shield that stood in their way. Granya had begun long-range bombardment, but this would likely end soon when they needed to divert attention to defending themselves.
Remembrance Remembrance WeaselThor WeaselThor

At the sight of Yusaria brave her weapon again, Hochi sighed with relief - the relief being cut short by a stalagmite nearly crushing her - narrowly avoiding the stalagmite it penetrated the cloak she was wearing as part of her standard armor kit from the MRL; it caught her by surprise slamming the back of her head into the cavern floor momentarily disorienting her. Because of this her camouflage was broken and she was suddenly exposed. Knowing this however, she ripped the cloak clean off of herself, revealing Emo Jian - her family heirloom. Her eyes danced around the cavern as she stood up fully. She could see that her round helped turn the tide if even for a moment - which she had hoped for. She slung her rifle over her back.

2ETxHpQ.png
Hochi: "I'm either going to die doing this... or I'm getting a damn medal."

Her body shifted to that of a sprinter and swordsman.

.5 seconds later and she was in-front of the crescent shaped plasma arc Na'homid had just launched.

She stood in front of the spiraling sand as it tore into her flesh, this only served to give her another high of adrenaline - bringing her sword up and slashing down on the plasma breaking it in the center due to the blade's vibrational frequency.

She quickly rolled to the side far enough away from the spiraling sand, nearly all of her skin raw and or bleeding from just that brief contact. Now was not the time to hold back however, along with Colonel Marius' attacks, she pulled out her magicite pistol and started firing rounds down-range at Na'homid as her blood splattered against the cavern floor - which shook tremendously.

"Was that a roar, I heard just now?"

She thought, feeling the ground vibrate intensely.

Nebulae, Astral Palace.

Bhanell listemed intently as Ayla spoke, sipping her wine once through the report. He nose wrinkled for a second at the mention of them being frazzled. "now that is interesting, whatsay we take a look after our bottle hmm? I could use some time to stretch my wings. I've spent so long cooped up in here watching the outworlders. You know i almost consodered helping the humans at Grenya? However it would be more benificial to let them fall then mop up the Invaders and have the entire land the kingdom once had to ourselves." she seemed to chuckle at the thought then grinned as she looked back at ayla. "Better still my other little spiders have reported that the MRL is under attack as we speak it seems fortune favors us this day." as cruel as it was she wasnt wrong, two rivals on either side being brought down while she maintained her might to prepare for their ineviatable coming at this rate there was a high chance of her people being the last ones standing in all this mess.
AliceNWeb AliceNWeb

Nebulae, Astral Palace
Ayla was indifferent to the current going-on's of the world. Unlike Bhanell her reasons for action or lack-there-of wasn't political. Though that was mostly due to her not being in a position of... national power; in short she'd never had to make political decisions, that was all thanks to Bhanell. Ayla appreciated everything their Queen did for them - however, she still had itching questions about their origins - though she felt even after over 200 years of service to their Queen, Ayla still wasn't in a position to ask about such things.

EYPEFrQ.png
Ayla: "I agree, let's finish our wine; it would be a waste to pass up. On the matter of Granya - That is surprising. Their moral compass leads them astray and they seem to be complacent fighting amongst each other - and it's like you said... why not let them tear each other apart; that would save us quite a bit of trouble in the longrun."

"The others? Do you think they'll still be alive once we've arrived?"

Ayla's face seemed to imply a certain spiteful humor, but her thoughts were relatively monotone, without agenda. She respected Bhanell too much for that.

WeaselThor WeaselThor

The Sands of Dunia

Danira shrugs and takes a bite of the jerky, her eyes seemingly light up and twitch for a moment, he was right it was delicious, very surprising for a worm, you'd usually expect them to be. When she thought worm she thought, slimy, gooey, gross, but this was nothing like that. At that moment she watched a dune disappear and what appeared to be some sort of building. She got up and stretched moving to go inside with everyone else when Jakon made his comment and she folded her ears and looked at him with a mildly irritated look, that said like I haven't heard that one before and rolled her eyes. "Oh, you haven't seen aggressive yet, " She said as she walked inside, her ears perked up and she looked back at him while he wasn't looking with a mischievous smile on her face. She then sneaks up on him and practically roars in his ear, just to scare him for a laugh.

Orú/Golden Kingdom Border

The Orú look on intrigued as the giants passed by, some of them even shifting into Dire Wolf form to run alongside them at a distance to see what they were up to pf course this mostly consisted of the Younger more curious Orú the elders however didn't like this. Giants were very powerful at least when it came to strength yet they had a sense of urgency, it could only mean that danger was near. With that, the Alpha howls to call back the young explorers, as they might have to move on soon.

WeaselThor WeaselThor

Forest of the unclaimed lands

Jaz, Wake, and Hac watched Jinseig began looking for a friendly raptor. "You think he'll lose a finger? I've seen a few people lose fingers. Recently I've had to help people out because it's become a problem. Humans generally don't understand the signs of danger from the raptors." Hac explained to Jaz as he enjoyed the show.

"Really? I guess I've seen few humans here with some missing fingers. But it seems my new friend knows what he's doing" Jaz said giving a thumbs up to Jinseig, seeing he found a raptor.

"I guess he does," Hac said walking over to Jinseig and opened the raptor gate in front of him and let the raptor out. "Next step is climbing onto his back and seeing if lets you ride him or if he'll kick you off" Hac said guiding the raptor out of the pen.

WeaselThor WeaselThor

Na'Homid was begining to get a bit frantic, the water jets caused him considersble pain, luckily though he was not endowed with a human physiology, otherwise the pain would likely be worse. He watched his arc split, crystals flew into him and detonated followed by a water jet which cut into his lower torso. He let out a howl and managed to begin to barely reform himself and was about to speak when he noticed the eight foot wide eye staring at him angrily from the hole Ghett and his children made in the wall. The tables had turned quickly four heroes was a problem even for him. "Come now mortalssss, surely we can be rreasssonable, I am sure negot-" It started but was cut off by Ghetts booming voice. "YOU HAVE LOST PERMISSION TO SPEAK!" he shouted as his eye left the hole and a massive twelve meter wide by eight meter tall fist came crushing through the stone like a locomotive without a track.

In his injured state Na'Homid could only look on in horror as his partially regenerated limbs proved insufficient to escape the massive bludgeoning. The fist collided with him and pushed him back at least 25 yards before it finally stopped about two meters into the western cavern wall. Pulling his fist back Ghett took his time climbing into the Chamber. As the Struggling figure of Na'homid discovered himself unable to escape the rocks and stones in the western wall growing over his regenerating limbs. "I Apologize for allowing myself to be distracted Colonel, You all did amazongly here." he said through gritted teeth. Na'homid began trying to speak but was again cut off by stone growing over his mouth.

At least he was cut off to the titan lord, whose ring shielded him from the telepathic shouting of the creature. "Allow me to address this scum." he shifted his eyes back to Na'homid who began to slowly slide up the wall as the titan lords power strong willed the rocks holding him to move upward. At his full 212 meter height ghetts head scrapped the cavern roof, and his steps vibrated the cavern more than his voice which sounded like thunder. Yet the hum of the Power strong still seemed to have its same pleasant almost relaxing vibration. "For your crimes against titainia, and her allies, i semtence you to death." the soothing vibration of the power strong grew louder until it bordered discomfort. From the hole he had emerged Molten rock bubbled out and slithered across the cavern to climb up Ghett's body and swirl around his left fist. "No more shall your cowardly thoughts haunt the minds of MY world." as he said this he cocked back his fist and drove the massive multi hundred ton iron hard hand into the cyribdian's body with unimaginable force.

Cracks spider webbed from the point of impact and for a moment there was a flash and everything seemed to sit still, however the pressure wave that came from the impact was short behind the flash and generated force rivaling a hurricane gale. In the back of his mind Ghett wondered how his allies would fare, but in the current moment his rage was drowning out all other thoughts. His second fist came with even more force than the first though it lacked any magma. However it seemed to be all the wall would withstand as the cracked surface exploded outward sending tens of thousands of tons of rock flying into nebulaes eastern border. Sunlight breeched into the caverns as large boulders cascaded from the massive hundred meter hole in the side of the worldspear Illuminating the caverns with natural light for the first time. Yet Ghetts eyes scanned the debris field that had been spread throughout nebulae his brow furrowing. "Colonel, the creature still clings to life...and i find myself a bit occupied at the moment, the cavern is barely still standing you see." he pointed up without looking showing the cracks had spread across the ceiling and the blue light coming from Ghetts tattoos showed what he ment by occupied. He was holding the cavern together and based on the bead of sweat coming from his brow it was pretty taxing.
HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest LegoLad659 LegoLad659 AliceNWeb AliceNWeb
~~~
Nebulae, Astral palace>Eastern border, Worldspear.

As the last of the wine slipped past her lips Bhanell stood suddenly. "I believe they will be, Illustrati are annoyingly survivable. However i am sure we can do something about that if it comes to it." She smiled in a sinister fasion before she turned her eyes to the ceiling which began to unravel to show the sky above. "Come now, i wish to make this flight quick. The longer they are here the more likely they are to force my hand, and we dont want to start something they will be unable to finish, then none of us will be satisfied." WIth that last comment she let her telekinesis carry her slowly up before she started her trademark take off. She formed a cone of telekinetic energy around herself and then blasted a powerful stream of air behind her propelling herself like a human missle well above the speed of sound. As she got further away from the palace the roof slowly began to repaor itself. She didnt check behind her to see if Ayla was keeping up, she had spent nearly a century sparring with the girl and knew her top speed, she should be able to keep up with effort. Part of her was hoping this would be another chance for her favorote protege to push her limits again. With the speed they moved the flight would only take a few minutes, but even still Bhanell felt something in the distance that made her a bit uneasy. A strange concentration of magic that seemed to give off a pressure and a strange vibration. It was as if there was a dam about to burst, and as if on que when she acknowledged this she could see the massive mountains side blow outwards peppering her borderlands with rubble and causing her to radiate irritation.
AliceNWeb AliceNWeb LegoLad659 LegoLad659 HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest
~~~
Sands of Dunia

Jokan lead the way onto the sand skiff and was getting ready to start barking off orders when Danira Said a few words then managed to get out of sight and roar at him. He didnt flinch but a yelp from the prince on the other side of the ship caused him to arch an eyebrow at the woman and the prince. "I never said you were aggressive, i was referring to the wolves you said my skills might not have mattered against. On a side not, ma'am im seventy years old, ive faced down dragons and great sandworms, you arent gonna get a jump scare out of me. Now our skittish prince on the other hand." Ahi simply stuck out his tounge and climbed the mast up to the crows nest, moving quicker than a man would run the same distance. "Ok Stations people, Ceilia you work the sail, Your majesty you are on lookout, Polly, Kudo. You two are manning the cannons, keep us loaded its mating season. As for you im gonna have you navigate, basically stand next to me with a compass. Ill teach you to navigate the sands you will keep me on the right path. If we keep it tight we'll reach the site in two hours. Lets go shall we?" he said as he turned to hand Danira a compass and gestured for her to follow him to the wheel.
@Brea The Brave
~~~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back