• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Fall into Darkness-

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
LZ Sabre, Nebulae
After doing a quick survey of the LZ and securing it, Marius Selected two of Team Sabre to remain with the transport. Minerva and Titus. With that done, the rest began loading supplies into the ATS, before mounting up. Turning the engine over, the Puma roared to life once more getting an excited whoop from Albion, whom had taken a seat on the tailgate. Marius too had a grin plastered on his face, a dangerous look in his eye as he put the Puma into high gear, spraying dirt and sod out behind it as it's four tires dug into the soft earth. "The Puma has been set loose! Whoo!" One of the commandos cheered. The voice belonging to Wilhelm.
The Puma bounced and jostled from the off road driving, but thanks to the added suspension, the experience was a blast for everyone. Minutes of unimpeded driving passed, as the four rocked through the sea of tall grass when an unexpected figure was spotted ahead. Breaking hard, the Puma threw up gravel, sod and dirt, as it slid to a stop before the figure. "King Ghett?! Didn't Expect to see you so soon your Majesty. Hop In!"

WeaselThor WeaselThor LegoLad659 LegoLad659

Near Granya, Golden KingdomThe Showdown
“Woah!” Ezekiel yelled out as he narrowly dodged and weaved in between strikes from a mystical sword. Before this, he had just went up to this man and asked if he had seen some demon-men but no... This man just had to start something. What a piece of trouble this man is, he isn’t even swinging with good coherency. Although, the strikes were more than strong enough to slice Ezekiel’s arm off. His constant striking isn’t letting me get a single moment to breathe. As the man striked, the air around Ezekiel was being displaced more than usual, this could be an effect of the magic on the sword or just the power of the swings. Because of the air displacement, Ezekiel had a hard time moving in perfect motion. Ezekiel got sloppy for 2 seconds and ended up with a few minor and medium sized slashes and boy, did they hurt. He needed a way to correct the air around him, and what better way than using some magic of his own.

“Su.. Grah... Dun.” Mythic Dragana Jihna. An almost new language birthed from the desires of the Dragana Manusa. This language is dangerous, speaking it can change the world around the speaker. Speaking it fluently is a gift. Speaking it without practice is almost a death wish. It’s new, meaning there is little you can speak in the language, some are pioneering new sentences and spells but it’s much to dangerous to practice freely. This specific sentence Ezekiel had just spoken meant;
“Air”
“Battle”
“Grace”
It let Ezekiel control the air freely around him, not a lot of air but enough for what he needed to do. To help combat the man’s wild but powerful swings, he shifted the air against the man, even if his swings are only a bit slower, Ezekiel would have a few more chances to get into a good position for a counterattack. And that’s when he had his chance.

He held his cup high, letting the metal bearing aim for where the man’s sword would be and shifted himself left with his axe in his left hand and his cup held high. If all went well, Ezekiel would have plunged his old woodcutter’s axe into the man’s neck and collar, maybe even the man’s right neck artery. This wouldn’t have happened if you didn’t start screaming out Die!
WeaselThor WeaselThor Balfnaught1 Balfnaught1

Last edited:
Forest of the unclaimed lands.

"Tyrados? I'll keep the name in mind when I tell the story back home." Jaz said to keep a mental note of city name so he could tell the story right later on. Jaz then took Jinsieg hand and shook it. "I'm Jaz and this here is my loyal friend Wake," Jaz said introducing himself and Wake. Wake walked up to Jinsieg and began sniffing him before snoozling into him wanting to be petted. "Yeah, the monster is still mostly in tack, except a massive cut to the neck, raptor claw and bit marks on the back, and what wild animals did while came over here. You can take a little if you want, I just want to bring most of it to the local village. The monster stopped the fisherman from doing there work for a long time so I'm hoping this would help them recover a bit quicker" Jaz said turning around and waving for his new friend to follow.

"So what happened on Tyrados? All I saw what look like an explosion then you falling off." Jaz asked as he guided his new friend to the lake where the serpent laid with its upper half onshore and the other floating on the water. "There it is the serpent of the lake. He was a pretty overconfident and mean beast." Jaz commented.

WeaselThor WeaselThor

Atul Well, Dunian Dessert

Danira could see that these people had never seen an Orú before and just believed her to be an abnormally large wolf. She debated in rather or not she should accept the water now as she could understand every word they were saying and being someone's pet was not in the cards for her whatsoever. She looked up at the guard, hearing what he said about not biting her and it almost made her laugh. As if his bite would be anywhere near comparable to hers, but she wasn't a fool, she was fast but she couldn't use magic in this form. So she'd be nice after all she wasn't here to cause trouble, she just wanted water.

She walks up to the dish and starts to drink the water, which is all she really wanted, that and maybe some to take for the road. However, she had to question the intelligence of this boy or his guard. Who in their right mind wants a fully grown wild animal the size of a horse as a pet. If she were truly a beast she could have mauled him to death. I suppose I should let them know I'm a person before this goes too far huh? She thought as she drank the water underneath the gazebo. She could only hope that they didn't freak out too badly when she assumed her humanoid form.

She sits up and changes back into her humanoid form, sitting down in an almost meditative stance and lifts her hands up in a non-threatening manner. What sat before then was a young woman, same gold and blue eyes, long back hair that came down to her back, with snow-white tips, wolf ears, and a tail. She had what seemed to be perfectly manicured nails covered in black nail polish with pointed tips, but really they just naturally looked that way on account of her having claws rather than fingernails. "You got yourself a deal, but I'm afraid I am no one's property. I'll assume you don't see Orú out here in the desert, it's not unthinkable my kind usually prefer forests and mountains so I'll forgive the mistake, first one's free, but I would be willing to grant you a favor in exchange for your kindness, " She looked around at them and twitches her ears curiously. "Forgive my curiosity but why is a person of your means out in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night, I'd imagine you have someplace you could sleep rather than here no?"

WeaselThor WeaselThor

Nebulae
(Crusix Phase: First Quarter)​
Once the landing site was clear, Yusaria helped load supplies into the car, before hopping in with the others. They seemed to love the thing, as their excited shouts and yells of enthusiasm told her. She made sure she was holding on securely, not used to driving this fast. She did feel an adrenaline rush from the excess speed though, and she knew a lot of people liked that, so she understood why they enjoyed it so much. Her, it just put her on edge, though she tried to smile and not let it show.

She tightened her grip as the car turned and came to an abrupt, sliding stop in front of a very big man with weird markings on his skin. Yusaria thought she recalled them being called 'Tattoos', and they seemed to have some kind of symbolic purpose. Which... Yeah, symbolism wasn't something she understood very well either. His size was intimidating as well, so she just stayed quiet and avoided eye contact while Marius spoke to him, and invited him into the car.

HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest WeaselThor WeaselThor

Nebulae, The Worldspear.

Ghett was in mid stride when he noticed the Strange looking creature on approach towards him. With a bit of curiosity and void of any fear he slowed his stride as the strange creature approached quickly. It wasnt until it got closer that he realized it was one of those strange metal monsters the lunari kingdom had come in a mere few days ago. It wasnt until the driver spoke and he got a good look at him that he realized who it was. "Well if it isnt the lead livered lunarian himself. My people still speak of your little contest with Baucus fondly." he pondered the offer to ride in the Lunari metal mount, or at least that was what he seemed to be doing until it became apparent that he was carefully adjusting his size. Shrinking had always been a bit harder than growing for him but it gave him a unique capability to interact with the smallfolk on their terms. After a second or two he stood only two meters tall, though he was still rather large with his broad shoulders and sturdy physique. "It would be rather convenient to save my strength for the mountain and its trials, plus those metal mounts of yours have always interested me, so sure why not. Also lose the pleasantries, people only call me your majesty when they are in trouble." He spoke very casually for a king as if he had no care in the world. It was the same way he acted within his borders, casual and carefree as though the world wasnt tearing itself apart, but here? Outside of his own borders in potentially hostile territory? It was almost enough to be deemed arrogant, However those with skill in magic and the ability to detect it would feel the reason for his confidence. It was as if his skin were a dam, and within was an ocean of mana.

He made his way to the back of the Puma and rapped a finger on the metal as if to test it before climbing in and squeezing in next to one of the soldiers in the back row. "I thank you for your assistance Marius, but if you dont mind my asking, who is this new warrior who travels with you? She was not in Titainia...and why are you way over here do you and your people not have an agreement with the elves of this territory?" as casual as his words were they carried an aura of command to them. Not that Ghett ment to do so, it was just second nature to him at this point. Thirty years was not a long time for a giant sure, but it was more than enough to build a few habits.
HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest LegoLad659 LegoLad659
~~~
Atul Well, Dunian desert.

As the large wolf began to change into a woman several things happened at once. The first was everyone rising to their feet simultainiously. The second was Jokan reaching for his sword and holding a hand for everyone else to wait. The third was the prince's jaw dropping and his brow furrowing as the women spoke to them in a common tounge. As she spoke Jokan relaxed his grip on his blade and took several steps back. "Well then, thats something you dont see everyday, Your majesty what now, surely you dont intend to enslave this woman?" he said looking back at the flustered prince with a grin. "Of course not, no need to be so smug you just lost out on fifty pounds." Ahi then grinned and raised his index finger into the air indicating he had an idea. "You may not be willing to be owned by me, but what about renting you? Well really just your services, i assure you i can pay you very well for helping me." Ceilia rolled her eyes as the prince quickly shuffled up to Danira with his offer and a handsome smile. "To answer your question, this bonehead is a famous adventurer with an obsession that grants him some kind of supernatural sense for precursor things. He says there is some precursor artifacts near hear and dragged the rest of us into his fixation." Ahi squinted at her with a look that said dont start and she just scoffed. Crossing their arms. Meanwhile the servants were careful to position themselves as far from the wolf woman as possible with Jokan, Ahi, & Ceilia between them and the newcomer.
@Brea The Brave
~~~
Forest of the unclaimed lands.

As the trio walked and Daiyara Hovered behind them shifting her big eye between the raptor and lizardman. When the raptor nuzzled him he was quick to give it due attention. "Its nice to meet you both. As for the serpent thats actually perfect, i dont need any flesh from the beast just its essence, i am a summoner mage, hopefully there will be enough essence left for a powerful summon." he walked with a decent stride through the woods for a city boy, but he still found himself falling behing the duo from time to time. Luckily they made it to the shore of the lake before too long.

he quickly went to the serpent and began to reach into his bag for a crystal, a vial of oil, and some kind of mystic powder. He remained silent for a few moments going over what he could remember from tlwhat happened as he did the rites, it happened so suddenly. Finally he answered Jaz's question. "I am honestly not sure but i intend to find out, there is only one nation that has the capability to get me back to the city to investigate, The Lunari. However i have never been there before and have no ties to them. There is one thing i felt before hand, magic. Two different kinds, More of it than i've ever felt in my life, it was like a god and a devil were standing in the same place." he struggled a bit at the thought of what could manifest that much power but, nothing came to mind. What was he gonna do once he got back to the ruined city anyway? What could he do if anything?

When the Rites were finished he stood up and held the crystal out to the serpents body. Immediately an aetherial version of the serpent was suched out of the body and into the crystal which changed to a blueish hue. "Perfect. Well, i'd better be going. Thank you for the essence, i have a couple dozen gold i can give you for it, sorry i know its not much but i can get you some more when i get back home." he didnt think it wise to say that he might not make it back. He for sure didnt seem excited for the long journey, he estimated it was about twelve hundred miles to Lunari from here, and by the time he got there Tyrados would be nearing Dunia, hopefully the lunari had something that flew fast.
ChazGhost ChazGhost
~~~

Nebulae, The Worldspear.
Marius smirked at the look of wonder on the Giant King's face as he climbed in back with Titus and Albion. He was about to hit the gas, when Ghett asked about his Ward. "This is Cadet Yusaria. She has been placed under my command so that I may better train her, in both the art of war and for what it means to be an officer. Honestly, the general chose well cause it appears the academy is becoming lax in their training." Marius explained, stepping on the gas. The Puma's engine roared to life once more, it's tires kicking up sod and dirt as the rear fishtailed before taking off like a bat out of hell. It was at this point, he wished Ghett was seated in up front, just to see the look on his face.
When he heard the giant ask about why they were there, Marius was surprisingly forthcoming with the info, seeing they are allies and all. "Our science officers stationed at the precursor site alerted command that they might becoming active. Massive spikes in thaumic energy were detected. The Higher ups sent me and my men to investigate. Plus, if it pisses the elves off, all the better. they still keep breaking the accords of our cease fire." He continued, the vehicle taking air for a brief moment as it jumped a riverbed, causing Albion and Titus to cheer like a couple of adrenaline junkies, the landing jostling them and the other two passengers.
Minutes passed, as they flew through the grass sea to the base of the Worldspear. It was there they pulled to a halt, the Puma's Engine ceasing its rumble as Marius and the others climbed out. "Load up on supplies. We're going on foot from here. Albion, Guard the Puma. And if need be, respond to the Albatross if Minerva requires aid."
"Yes Colonel." The lieutenant replied, before getting back to unloading the gear.

Turning to his aide, Marius addressed her. "Cadet, Do you detect anything in the area besides us?" He asked, hefting his pack, before loading up on a myriad of grenades.

Nebulae
When Marius introduced her, she looked at the giant, who had shrank down to better fit inside the car, and gave a shy smile. Even at this size, he was still pretty intimidating. His name was King Ghett, she gathered. Also that he and Marius knew each other, and that calling him 'Your majesty' was only for when people were in trouble. Which seemed awfully random to her. Why did Marius call him that, what was the correlation? She'd spent most of her time reading about the world itself rather than its kingdoms, so the idea of a king was still foreign to her. Other terms she didn't understand were thaumic energy, and 'Pissing the elves off', but Marius was busy so she opted not to ask him about them.

When they stopped and Marius declared that they were leaving the Puma, Yusaria nodded obediently and hopped down to the ground. Then he asked her if she could sense anything in the area - A skill of hers that Marius had no doubt read about, as it was something she'd learned early on in her childhood to avoid the big monsters. She closed her eyes and concentrated, her horn glowing with a blue shimmer as she reached out to sense the magical energy inside the living beings on this world. She squinted a bit, as she tried to explain what she was seeing to the others "I... Can't tell. The air here has so much magic that it's blocking out everything else... I think it's coming from the mountain, and it's so strong it almost makes me feel sick..." She said, her horn's glow fading as she opened her eyes, shaking her head "I apologize, Colonel, but even if the Moon was full I don't think I could feel anything..."

Rahu snorted as he saw the tentacled horrors begin to attempt to climb the walls, using each other as a support. This wasn’t the first assault, but it would not be the last. He would make sure of it. His decision to mobilise the Old Guard had worked in his favour. They were the cream of the crop, as it were. The minimum requirement for entry was a century of combat experience and possession of a legacy weapon, and even those did not guarantee entry. Each one by themselves was a terror, but the true threat were their Captains. The absolute strongest members of the army, borderline invincible to anyone save a legendary hero. At least until the invaders arrived. They had lost more Captains in the last few years than they had in the last five hundred. However, they still had enough. Rahu nodded to one of the more senior Captains. Sandstorm approached him and bowed his head. He was a scrawny-looking short man, physically and nominally unassuming. Large patches of his skin had turned into gold, as well as his right eye being fully transformed. Any other soldier would have been retired by now, but Sandstorm stood a cut above the rest, and commanded so much respect that forcing him into retirement might trigger a mutiny.

“My lord?” his raspy and high-pitched voice came out.

“These beasts seem to think that they can climb right over our walls, Sandstorm. Show them their error.”

“With pleasure, Lord Regent”. With that, Sandstorm withdrew a small metal-bound book from his cloak and started to murmur words from some long-dead language. Legacy weapons rarely required actual invocation, but the Gospel of Sands was an exception. As Sandstorm spoke, a strange red-and-black sand began to pour forth from the book’s pages, seemingly without end, flying into the sky until it surrounded the city, whirling and twisting at incredible speeds. Sandstorm, smiled, a grinning rictus of hate as the storm descended on the beasts outside the wall, slowly descending onto the horde. When the sand reached the abominations, it did not cut, smash, or tear. It ground their flesh into a pulp. While it would only kill the very weakest abominations outright it would still cause crippling, agonising pain to the rest of them. This was not the true goal, however. The storm sunk further, permeating straight through the mass of horrors until it concentrated itself at the very bottom, going to work at ripping the ramp apart from the very bottom, the goal being to take the rest of the beasts’ support out from under them.

As this was going on, Rahu observed the entirely-predictable combat between the enemy commander and the strange man. What was unpredictable however, was the human actually holding his own against the abominable officer. Instantly Rahu knew that he had to help him. At this point, combat power was what mattered, and this man was at a minimum on the level of a Captain, probably far higher. Reading a move ahead with Eye of Trajectory, and seeing what the human was about to do, Rahu drew his bow back in one smooth motion as three “arrows”, formed of energy manifested on the bowstring. Taking a short instant to aim, he fired pre-emptively, the arrows ripping across the battlefield at incredible speeds. He had aimed them towards the enemy commander in an effort to disrupt his counter attack to the human’s axe chop at his neck. If it worked, it would break the commander’s defence at a critical moment allowing the human’s axe chop to succeed. If the weapon was magical, it was very possible that they could end the battle right here. Well, actually only two of the arrows were aimed to disrupt his defence. One of them was just aimed at the stupid frills on the monster’s head.
( WeaselThor WeaselThor , the Old Guard are the members of the army capable of matching lieutenants and captains we talked about, more specifically normal Old Guarders can match lieutenants and Captains can match... Captains.) Remembrance Remembrance

Last edited:
Forest of the Unclaimed lands

"A god and a devil?" Jaz commented to himself thinking what power could have demonic and god like magic and blow up an island. He came to the conclusion it's the type that would make a great story. But after thinking about that Jaz watched as Jinsieg seemed to, from Jaz point of view, trapped the souls of the serpent in a crystal. "So summoner mages take creatures souls and put them in crystals?" Jaz asked walking over to the serpent before poking it. "I did leave the Bog lands to see new things and that was defiantly something new." Jaz said as he grabbed a hold of the serpent head and began dragging the body out of the water.

"Don't worry about paying me gold, I don't use it. Instead you help get this to the village near here and let me join you on your adventure to get back to your city" Jaz said as he started getting the body out of the water slowly. "That sounds better then paying with gold right?" Jaz added as Wake began helping him getting the body out of the water.

WeaselThor WeaselThor

Atul Well, Dunian Desert

She folded her ears a bit as he approached her so enthusiastically not out of fear but more out of confusion. She knew she said she wasn't a threat and given there were more of them than there were of her but you'd think he'd exercise more caution when approaching strangers. When he offered to rent her she had half a mind to bite his nose off until he clarified it was merely her services he was after, but all the same she sighed and shook her head, this guy sure did throw his money around a lot, he must have been loaded and if she was the type of person who had any interest in money that might have impressed her. The closest thing she had right now was astonishment at how much he believed money could buy him. “Listen, I'd do you a favor your kindness, I have absolutely no interest in your money, now unless you have something useful or interesting you can pay me with I suggest you take the favor, ” She said before turning her attention to the woman that answered her question she tilts her head and twitches her ears curiously, one lowered and one raised to mimic that of an inquisitive quirked eyebrow. “Pre...curser artifacts...what is that exactly?”

WeaselThor WeaselThor

Grenya, golden kingdom.

As the strange spell took its effect the horrors were quickly flayed alive, but almost as unnerving as the sight was to behold, was the silence the horrors withstood the assault with. They didnt flinch, didnt cry out, hell they didnt even stop doing what they were doing. It was as if theu were oblivious to the storm that shredded them until they became unable to do anything. Yet the storm ground the ramp down from the bottom out. The horrors paused for a moment when the task before them ceased to be possible before they regrouped with the crowd and went for another push, and another, and another. One would actually begin to feel as if they were making a dent if it werent for the fact that the crowd extended beyond even the magically assisted eyes range. More just poured over the horizon from the direction of the last two cities. If one looked closely at the nearby horrors they would the the Crest of The golden kingdom, and even clothes, all mixed in with the mutated flesh and sinew. Some even had patches of fur and wriggling rats tails. It was as if anything that was once flesh rose and began to follow Na'Surs commands.
~~~

Na'sur was in the middle of his frenzy, and upon seeing Ezekiel's blood from the close calls his frenzy got even faster. Yet the Hero managed to block a swing with his cup, though the impact wouldve knocked the cup out of his hand and clear across the battlefield, landing somewhere within the walls of Granya. Na'sur was about to deliver a follow-up which came narrowly close to slashing the drunken heroes throat but before he could land his slash three arrows struck him. Two jutted out of his Shoulder and Elbow, a testament to the durability of his body as those particular shots could pierce shields and blow holes in stone walls. The third pierced his head crest leaving a four inch hole in his crest. All of this was but a minor inconvenience but it caused him to slow long enough for Ezekiels Axe to find its mark and embed itself deep into his neck.

The red Aura surrounding Na'sur flared up for a moment as he howled in pain and it planted its foot square into the drunken heroes chest with enough force to send him airborne for at least twelve meters, at the same time slashing the wooden handle of the axe in half so that the hero would not take his weapon with him. However his rage quickly subsided as he realized he had only been hit to begin with because in his hunger he wasnt paying attention. He stabbed one of his swords into the ground and with his now free hand pulled the Axe head from his neck, then the arrows from his shoulder and elbow. In each case rather than bleed a thick black fluid bubbled to the surface, then congealed and changed to the same white hue as the rest of his body, it looked as if the wounds were never there to begin with, even the crest grew back. Drawing his sword from the ground he crossed them in front of him in a X stance as he carefully walked back towards the unarmed hero. If this planet had taught him anything it was that its denizens were most dangerous at their lowest point. He had convinced himself that when he finished here he would go after that pesky prince and reunite him with his brothers.
Balfnaught1 Balfnaught1 Remembrance Remembrance
~~~
WorldSpear

The ride to the mountain had the Giant king Cheering and whooping like he was a quarter his age. He could see why these vehichles were so popular with the Lunari. When they reached their landing site he couldnt help but arch an eyebrow at their gathering of so many supplies. Giants tended to trust in their strength and find what they needed in the field. Granted he was one to talk toting a powerful magical arsenal of his own. Nonetheless he waited patiently as they gathered their gear. He listened to the "cadet" give her report. Then spoke up "Do not feel shame little Cadet, the mountain obscures the viewing of those who have yet to conquer it. There is a saying in Thu'an, Erok Tungust. It means The worthy are not crumbled. Your failures do not weaken you if you do not let them."

He watched as they grabbed the last of their supplies and then turned towards the sheer cliff face in front of them. He could likely leap the distance to the cliffs edge, however the smallfolk were kind enough to ferry him here, the least he could do is stay with them as they made this dangerous journey. Besides his gut told him that something was lurking here that would likely require their combined attention. "I hope you all like climbing, I know i sure do." he let a single chuckle come out of his mouth before he reached for the first stone and began to climb the vertical wall of stone. When no hand hold was present he embedded his fingers into the cliffside not only getting a grip but leaving a sturdy hand hold for those who chose to climb behind him. "So these scientists of yours...i assume they are like scholars and philosophers correct?"
~~~
The forests of the unclaimed lands

As jinsieg rose he further explained his rites, "I wouldnt exactly call it their soul, more like a copy of their memories, experiences, and muscle memory. When it comes to cast the summon i will weave a body for this essence and the summon will inhabit the body. Their spirit carries on to the Aether. Or whatever you and your people call the afterlife." the offer to accompany him was a great relief also the deal he made for him. "Way better." Though Jinseig wasnt particularly strong he did have a few friends who could help. He nodded to Jaz and motioned for him to step back. With a focused look he brought two nine foot ogres into existence. The two of them looked to him for orders like a pair of lost puppies.

"Why dont you help our new friends carry their kill back home?" he asked as he panted from the effort. These werent pre planned summons like Daiara, it took a bit to bring them out. Yet they went to work with big goofy grins scooping the serpent up and hefting it onto their shoulders. "they can handle the serpent, Now lets talk. Where are we? What did you see from where you were standing?" he said producing a notepad and charcoal pencil from his satchel ready to write everyword his mew friend was going to give him.
ChazGhost ChazGhost
~~~
Atul well, Deserts of Dunia

The prince huffed as his offer was rejected for a second time. He threw up his hands in defeat. "Fine suit yourself, here i was offering to pay you to go on an adventure most would pay me to go on..." he trailed off as he wandered back to the well muttering unintelligible whines. Much to the amusement of Jokan who was clearly enjoying their interactions. Though any trained eye would tell you he was keeping a close eye on the situation. He even tightened the grip on his blade when the girl displayed expressions of displeasure at the princes offer but he relaxed again when she did. He kept his gaze on the newcomer but it was considerably less harsh than a few moments ago.

Ceilia took her que and stepped forward explaining the precursors and their artifacts. "The precursors are the ones who lived on Kalendural before we all did. Their ruins are all over the place. They have strange trinkets and gadgets most people think they are just useless indestructible junk. But beleive it or not the prince back there is able to turn them on. Not only that he seems to be able to talk with some of them. They tell him crazy things that have always come true. Dispite this he is still dumb as a bag of sand, but because of this the artifacts are worth a fortune in Dunia. We are about to go to find another one of them now, the prince wants you to come with us, likely to use the senses of your wolf form to be able to better see in the ruins." she sat down beside where jokan stood as she explained. Willing to get closer to the girl but onky so long as she was within arms reach of Jokan.
@Brea The Brave
~~~
Titainia

Giant soldiers mooved in mass across the nation as their generals ordered them to specific posts. However the most concentrated activity was at the South gates of Titainia. Twelve thousand five hundred lightly armored giants with bows and swords stood with general Astrid watching the massive hundred meter stone doors creep open behind the giants who pushed them open. Astrid Stood at the front of the gathering and turned to address her gathered force. "Today marks the first time an army of Giants has marched outside of Titainia since the fall of the old empires. Long before any of us who live today were born. Today we make history, and we will make it swift and powerful. We stop for nothing, we do not break rank, we do not break cadence, all we shall break are the bones of our enemies, those foolish enough to stand against the friends of the giants. We march for our allies, our Nation, and for our King." when she finished her speech the giants began rythmatically slamming their heels into the stone floor causing the mountian to rumble and echo with thunder. The sound of thunder only increased as the giants began to march out of the gates their large strides carrying them to their target with the speed of mounted Calvary.
~~~

WorldSpear
Yusaria looked up at the giant in curiosity as he spoke, taking in as many of his words as she could. When he was done talking, she nodded, believing she got what he was saying. Just because she failed in one part didn't mean she would in another. Or something like that. The main thing was the failure not being important, that was, funnily enough, the important part "I see... I'll keep that in mind, thank you." She replied, as she started to climb the cliff in front of them with the giant taking the lead. This was one of the parts of her training that she really didn't like - Out in the wild, whenever she came up to a steep cliff like this, she would usually either try to find a way around it, or give up and go another way entirely.

Still, it was part of her training. And they were adamant that she become good at it before anything else. At least the footholds King left behind were easy to grab onto, making the trip much easier for her and no doubt the rest of the squad. Even as they climbed, curiosity peaked inside of Yusaria, and her horn shimmered again with her efforts to find a way to sense magic in this area, although it was dim as her primary focus was still on climbing and their conversation.

WeaselThor WeaselThor HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest

Near Granya, Golden KingdomRipple & Ravage
Damn. Ezekiel was currently in the air, contemplating his next move. He was also occupied with being enraged by the loss of his cup. As he landed, he prepared his next few moves. Ezekiel quickly kneeled down and picked up a blade of grass, as he did, he took a quick glance at his current surroundings. Small hills, flatlands and an ever growing mob of monsters... I can work with this. As Ezekiel rose to a standing position, he poked himself with the blade of grass. With that done, he went into a kicking stance directed towards the ground, his right foot raised to his left knee and his arms raised to his chest as he braced for what was to come. “Unslaad Biun Kren!”

This special set of words meant “Eternal” “Ripple” and “Ravage”. As Ezekiel lowered his foot, he landed the front of his foot first and then slammed the ground with his heel, thus creating the ripple and ravage respectfully. Ezekiel took little time to view his surroundings as the ground rippled like water and cracked with ravines and parts of the land collapsing on each other. Ezekiel knew what he had to do and while he still had his voice to use, he spoke a few more words to help assist a future fight. “Zun... Haal... Viik... Kur..” Meaning “Weapon” “Hand” “Defeat” and one last word that doesn’t exactly have a translation in Common nor in any other language. The whole purpose of this sentence is to disarm the opponent but since Ezekiel added on his mystery word, it exchanges weapons with his opponent and the only way he obtained a weapon was to prove that something could be used to harm somebody. The blade of grass.

As Ezekiel turned to run, he didn’t check to see if the weapons had been switched, but he was pretty confident in himself that they had. Ezekiel jumped over cracks and ravines to even get close to the gate of the currently assaulted castle. As he neared his goal, he began waving at the men at the top of the battlements, he couldn’t waste his voice but he had some confidence that they would see him... At some point.
Balfnaught1 Balfnaught1 WeaselThor WeaselThor

Nebulae, WorldSpear
Marius nodded to the giant's words of wisdom, as he slung his pack over his shoulders. Upon hearing his question Marius nodded again. "Yes, I believe scholars would be an apt term. They study the very forces of the world to find out what makes it tick. Answering questions of why something is what it is, and how it impacts the universe as a whole. Without science, we would all be primitives." he explained, hot on Ghett's heels. After a while, he spoke up once more. "I believe the Imperitor offered your brightest the chance to attend the college in Aetheria. It would be a technological and scholarly boon to both them and your nation as a whole." Marius added, keeping the conversation going. Mostly to keep him focused on the climb and not the growing ache in has muscles.
Looking back at the other two, he could see Yusaria struggling a little on the climb. "Cadet, If you get too tired, let me or Titus know. We don't want any accidents." He called, climbing the cliff face with ease, his people's natural acrobatics, and years of training coming into play. Although the added weight from the pack could be less, but they were in enemy territory, so better to be prepared.

WorldSpear
Yusaria looked up at Marius as he spoke to her, shaking her head in response "I'll be fine, sir. The academy made sure I knew how important climbing walls like this was." She assured him. Perhaps that was why they were, as the Colonel put it, 'Lax' in everything else. They were too busy building up her physical skills in the meantime, meaning less time was spent on her technical ones. It made sense, to her anyway.

WeaselThor WeaselThor HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest

Atul Well, Dunian Desert

Danira listens twitching her ears every so often in interest of what the woman had to say and nods to show she understands “So...relics of the old ones...I suppose I understand, ” she looks at all of them and then looks at the prince for a moment before looking back at them “Forgive me but your prince doesn’t seem particularly...bright, I offered him a favor, yet he doesn't think to use this favor to ask me to accompany him on this expedition. I told him I am willing to be paid with something useful or otherwise interesting, yet he does not think that perhaps I would find this...adventure of his interesting enough to be considered payment or think to ask me what it is that I consider useful. The moment I turned down his money, he gave up. Does he believe that he can throw money at all his wants and problems and they'll just fall in or out of his lap?” She shrugs placing her hands on her legs, just still in a non-threatening way. She could tell they were tense around her, she was a hunter, after all, she knew when people were taking a defensive stance. All save for the prince seemed to not want to be far from one known as Jokan, she supposed he must have been decently strong at least if they put that much faith in him to protect them.

“I do however have to question the soundness of his ideas, suppose I had been some wild beast...what exactly was his plan for taming a carnivore the size of a horse? You don't look like you have much meat on you and wild animals tend to eat when they are hungry, perhaps if it was a pup he'd have a better chance taming it but he chooses to take a fully grown one? Did he not consider that this may not have been the best idea?” She shrugged “I'm grateful for it, I'd don't think you'd be sitting here talking to me so peaceably if not for his terrible idea but had I been a Red Fang this could have gone horribly, ” She wasn't trying to be rude and insult him so much but she didn't know how else to say these things. The prince had very bad habits and seemingly very bad ideas.[/Font]

WeaselThor WeaselThor

Last edited by a moderator:
Rahu smiled when he saw his attack succeed, and upon seeing the human’s reaction, immediately knew that he had to have him. The man was definitely on his level, and he had bizarre abilities that could be used to turn the tide of battle. Upon seeing the man fleeing towards the gates, Rahu could hardly believe his luck. He immediately ordered the gate to be partially opened to allow him entry, although only under covering fire of several archer squads and the area-suppression of Sandstorm, who had shifted targets after his annihilation of the horrors had succeed. However, he was clearly reaching his limit, having gone pale and breathing heavily with gold-tinted sweat dripping down his face. He would have to be forcibly rested for a period of time after this.

Unfortunately, their combined attack had failed to put the enemy officer down, or indeed inflict any meaningful damage. Rahu was relatively certain that the fiend’s uncanny regeneration had a limit to it, if only for the fact that they were utterly doomed if it didn’t.

As Rahu observed the battlefield, he saw something that made his blood run cold: uncountably more beasts making their way over to join the incoming horde, some even bearing the golden palm that adorned their crest, which raised the temperature of his blood significantly. Rage filled him as he realised that his decision to consolidate his forces in one place had essentially offered up the rest of the country as a sacrifice. Despite this, what could he do? If he spread his army thin they would be destroyed. The impossible dilemma filled him with a seething frustration that could generally only be vented by killing the beasts on masse. And going on drunken rants.

Deciding on the latter, he drew his bow back again, this time aiming not for Na’Sur, but towards the centre of the horde. He nodded to a member of the Old Guard, who grinned and tapped Rahu with his golden spear, enhancing every one of Rahu’s abilities with a glowing aura. With that, he turned his bow on the beasts, essentially culling them in an effort to lessen the numbers, if only to deter Na’Sur from immediately attacking in order to give him some time to coordinate with this new arrival.

High-speed, high-power arrows with the “explosive” quality tore their way through the enemy’s centre, tearing lesser beasts apart and putting weaker officers in fear for their lives. Any ranged specialists among the monsters would find themselves hampered by the fact that they couldn’t see their attacker. Rahu had activated the King’s Mantle, making him invisible to the naked eye. He also stayed mobile, firing from multiple points along the wall whenever he felt his position was being read. Unfortunately, with quantity, quality suffered. Despite the raw number of his arrows, he was firing so many that they couldn’t realistically injure the stronger members of the horde unless they were extremely unlucky. His main hope was that it would buy them time, which was what they desperately needed at this point.

Several minutes later, he reached a point where continuing would leave him too weak to fend off an immediate assault, so he reluctantly dismissed his bow and descended the walls with Sandstorm and a few other high-ranking Captains, looking to greet the strange man, who had entered the gates only to be surrounded by soldiers, not threateningly, but certainly cautiously. As he approached him, he saw what appeared to be a drunk, dishevelled-yet-handsome young man.
Well, appearances aren’t everything, he thought.
Rahu waved off the soldiers and spoke:

“Greetings comrade! I am Holy Prince-Regent Rahu of the Golden Kingdom. Would you name yourself so that we can converse?”

WeaselThor WeaselThor Remembrance Remembrance

Near Granya, Golden KingdomI am EzekielEzekiel darted into the partially opened gate, and as the guards closed the gate behind him, Ezekiel dropped to the ground and took a minute to rest and reflect. Well... My axe broke. My cup is now somewhere in these walls. And the demon man has weird blood. Great. Ezekiel was stumped on how he could beat the ‘weird blood’, and as something came up in his mind, he took a second to view his surroundings. Guards... Soldiers... Is that a bartender? It didn’t matter whether or not there was a bartender amongst the crowd, but there was definitely some amount of fear, anxiety, and amazement. The latter possibly being because of his huge stunt he pulled in the castle’s front lawn. Oh, I’ll have to fix that won’t I? Ezekiel shook away that thought with urgency.

As Ezekiel sat there, he dread the distance between him and his cup. He also dread the coming fight but he was also a little pumped and ready, just a little. When Ezekiel got up, a man adorned in black and gold came up to him, greeting Ezekiel and asking for his name so that they may talk.

“I am Ezekiel Masques of the Ethane Theocracy. I am a priest of Matala and current holder of the Cup of Matala.” Ezekiel continued on almost a near second after he finished his introduction. “Now I know you wish to have me aid you in ridding you of the threat beyond these walls and I would be glad to do so. But... I can only help you if you recover my cup. It’s wood and has metal bearings that keep it together, it’s also neverending... So just find a river of alcohol coming from a cup.”

Ezekiel in a brief second, remembered his current plan to take down the demon man. “I know it’s improper of me to ask you all of this but I also need 4 axes of any kind or variation.“ At this point, Ezekiel was basically addressing the crowd that had formed but he kept direct eye contact with Prince Regent. “After that, we may discuss our plans to eradicate the foes that besiege your wall.”
Balfnaught1 Balfnaught1 WeaselThor WeaselThor

Rahu smiled as he heard of this “Ezekiel”’s origins and requests. While he knew of Matala, he had little hands-on knowledge of the country. However, the high priest of a nation was a respectable enough rank. The requests themselves were exceedingly simple. He snapped his fingers at a squad of city guards.

“Go find that cup he speaks of as soon as possible Feel free to requisition a few more squads to cover more ground.” He turned to a group of five Old Guarders headed by a Captain known as Extreme Severence. He could only trust Old Guarders to enter the High Armoury of the city to find the axes Ezekiel wanted. To his knowledge they only had one enchanted axe, but their standard weapons were of exceedingly high quality. “Get the axes he wants. Make sure that the Sunderer is amount them”. The Old Guarders hurried off, hopefully to be back soon.

Rahu turned back to Ezekiel. “That should be done as soon as possible. I’m very glad to have someone else on par with myself on our side. I thought we had that bastard commander for a second, but it wasn’t to be apparently, even with my support. Now, you mentioned a plan?”
WeaselThor WeaselThor Remembrance Remembrance

Nebulae, WorldSpear
Marius shook his head knowingly, as they continued to climb after their Titanian Ally. She would be tired soon enough. Still, she gained some measure of respect from the two commandos. If they continued at their current pace, they should reach the ledge in less than 15 minutes. At least that was Marius' estimation. Either way, they were making good time. "So what brings you here to the elves' neck of the woods? They piss you guys off again as well?" Marius called up to Ghett, his tone holding a touch of humor, which was rare for the Colonel around outsiders. Ghett and the Yusaria must have made quite the impression on him.
After ten minutes of straight climbing, Marius looked back to check on his ward, hanging from the cliff one handed as if this was just another morning exercise. "How are you holding up cadet?"

WorldSpear
This was tougher than the climbing drills Yusaria had back at the academy, that was for sure. Still, she was determined to see this through, and continued to climb along with them. When Marius asked her how she was doing, she was a little short of breath, but she otherwise felt like she could keep going to the top "I'm still doing fine, sir." She told him, with an encouraging smile.

Nebulae, WorldSpear
Marius merely grunted in response, before spying a natural handhold on the once sheer cliff face. Using this to his advantage, Marius leaped from the holds created by Ghett, and found purchase. Taking no time, Marius rapidly scaled the cliff quickly overtaking the others. In less than three minutes, he had reached the lip of the cliff and pulled himself up. Moving further up, he knelt beside the edge offering a hand up for the others. Despite the small amount of sweat, he looked little worse for wear. If anything, Marius looked more alive than when he did 12 hours ago. "Come on Lieutenant, Double time! Same goes for you Cadet!" He barked as the giant pulled himself up beside him. Once she came into reach, the colonel quickly snagged her hand pulled the rabbit girl up onto the ledge. "Alright, two minute breather. After that we keep moving."

Granya, Golden KingdomFinalizing the plans
Ezekiel watched as Prince Regent commanded his men to fetch Ezekiel’s cup, Ezekiel had little reaction to how the men bended to Prince Regent’s will. Maybe it’s because it’s my first time being here in the mainland, but are soldiers that willing? I guess I must be some kind of charm or god know’s what. Ezekiel shook away the thought. Now is not the time to be judging other countries. There are a lot of more important matters at hand. Ezekiel readjusted himself and then began his explaination of his plan.

“Well, first I would like to say that my plan only has room for you, Prince Regent, and me.” Ezekiel’s voice had become raspy and gravely, his throat also becoming extroadinarily dry. Clearly the effects of Mythic Dragana Jihna were setting in. “It’s gonna be a head-on confrontation between me and the main enemy, you stand back and take any shots that you can while I’m attacking.” Ezekiel recited his plans in his head once more before he continued. “I’ll first be in front of him, then I’ll be behind him. That’s when you can take your shots. After that, I’ll make distance between him and me, do my finishing move and then cauterize the wound that I make. Thus making it impossible for him to recover his wounds.” When Ezekiel is not drunk, he can be an asset of all kinds, but he’s only sober because of the lack of his cup. Quite a sad situation he’s gotten himself into.

“And after all of that, I fix your front land and we celebrate in some tavern playing drinking games.” Ezekiel smiled at the thought of drinking. Alcohol is such an under appreciated drink, getting little praise when it deserves plenty.
Balfnaught1 Balfnaught1

Worldspear

The giant king was a bit surprised when Marius shot past him and climbed to the top. Yet he didn't do much to slow or speed his pace. He managed to get up the ledge and help pull the remainder of the group up with marius. The climb didnt seemed to effect the titan lord in the slightest, he still had that relaxed look and tone. Until Marius asked him why he was here, he was greatful his friend tried to make light of the situation but his demeanor fell into a more solomn one all the same. "i am Afraid it is terrible news my friend. My wardens are missing, none have made their reports, and the elders say that their souls can be heard in the great beyond. I am here to find out why. There were fourty four hundred of them, some of the best trained giants in titainia." for a breif moment his solomn sorrow seemed to flicker into rage. "Two of them were my children...Let us hope the gods dont help whoever or whatever is responsible, for they will be broken as well if they do." the kings threat was devoid of humor, but soon after he told the story he seemed to snap back. "Fortunately i have a friend here in the mountain, we go waaaay back, back to when i was a warden myself nearly six hundred years ago." apparently the thought of seeing his friend was a good contrast because he seemed again lax. Those who knew giant culture would know his rage was still there, he was just waiting for the right thing to expend it on. Upon hearing Marius say they wpuld rest ghett nodded, and wandered a bit ahead to check for any paths. Finding only narrow winding pathways through sharp jagged stones, with tiny tunnels leading into the mountain itself. His brow furrowed and he called Marius over, luckily he had only gone a couple dozen feet out of range. "I believe we may be in goblin territory,best to keep our wits about us." he said and the faint sound of laughter would be detectable by the sharpest ears in the group.
~~~
Atul Well,Desert of Dunia
This time it was Jokan that spoke on the princes behalf. "Dont be to harsh to judge the lad, his whole life that gold of his could in fact get him whatever he wanted, he doesnt handle no very well. I assure you however while socially a fool, the prince is actually rather skilled at what he does. As for favors...well to him that concept is as foreign as our gold is to you. He is the price of dunia, all seek his favor, he likely thought thats what you were talking about. I honestly think thats why he is so apt to go out adventuring, gives him time away from the limelight." for the first time Jokan didnt seem to regard the boy with any annoyance.

Ceilia spoke up next. "To be fair, if you were agressive Jokan is a very skilled warrior, i myself have some means of defending myself. The prince on the otherhand survived an encounter with the Great sand worm, he cant fight thats for sure, but i have never had reason to doubt his ability to survive." it was rather amusong seeing the two who complained about him stand up for him. It was as if they were siblings. After the explaination Jokan spoke up again. "If the journey is payment enough than feel free to join us. But accept the princes offer as well, we will be needing to return to Dunia afterwards, and without gold, you wont be able to find so much as a slice of bread. At the very least you could buy yourself supploes for wherever it is you need to go." his tone was suggestive but not pushy, if she wanted to decline it was no skin off of the soldiers back. Meanwhile the prince and one of his servants went over a desert map together, while the other servant packed up everyones supplies for the journey. After a few moments he came back with a small loaf of bread and a long strip of Dunian worm jerky. Soft and chewy, and bristling with flavor. "You look hungry, eat. If you are coming with or continuing on you need your strength we are seventy seven miles from oasis, and thirty five miles from whatever is calling to me out there. " he said with a hint of irritation still persisting from his earlier tantrum.

@Brea The Brave
~~~
Granya,Golden kingdom.

When the Hero struck the gound with his hill horror began to topple over themselves like dominos. All except for the Wicked commander who leapt into the air to avoid the first of the ripples. His cape split down the middle becoming a pair of thin moth like wings which caught the air slowing his decent. Still he watched the Hero sprint intk the distance, and he felt a shift in his hand, looking at it he noticed his left hand sword was no longer in his left hand. Rather the blade of grass was. Casually he tossed the blade of grass aside and plunged his other sword into his palm, then he extracted the black gel which formed into another sword. At the same time the blade that was held by Ezekiel Dissolved away into the same black goop. He landed gracefully back atop his hill with a nefarious grin. The hero would now be trapped within the city, just like the rest of this kingdom. However his patience had faded. Reaching into a fleashy pocket in his side he produced a black orb and crushed it in his hand. Which expanded and engulfed him. When it contracted again, he was gone.
Balfnaught1 Balfnaught1 Remembrance Remembrance
~~~
???
Na'sur finally reappeared a mere second later in a dark cave where he approached the sitting figure of Na'Homid. The latter rose to his feet and pivoted to meet his fellow commander. Na'sur began to organize the thoughts in his head, and Na'homid simply touched his forehead and nodded and smiles.""Yesss, i do have Sssiege abominationsss. I have sent them to your hordes, they will arrive within three hours, all 44 hundred of them, and no wall will stand before them."Afterwards he shoved Na'sur back into his portal cackling as he did.
~~~
Tyrados

Balmond walked through the still smouldering ruins he gad just created. Usimg his magical power he searched for survivors only to be reassured that there were none. However another thing bothered him, the young hero he had come to snuff out was not among the dead. Strength, magic, speed, these thungs could not pose a threat to him, he had mastered all of them. It was intellect that would proove the biggest threats to him and aside from Lunari, this boy was the biggest threat to him. However he had no time to worry about that now. Raising his hand he called all of the fleash left in the city, humans, livestock, rodents, hell even the insects. All their remains condenced above the godlike mage and began to weave themselves into abominations.
~~~​

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back