• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Fae Academy (Closed)

Ellsie looked at her phone when it chimed to see another update from her mother, onto the next teacher! Only her parents would show up early, because they both wanted to talk to all of the teachers. Not split up and one take on Ellsie's and the other Emories... What goofballs. She typed a quick reply and shoved the thing back in the pocket of the black pea-coat that was buttoned around her torso. The outfit was pulled together with a pair of tight blue jeans, red Hunter boots, a beige and red plaid scarf around her neck and red hat and gloves. Thankfully, being half vampire, she didn't get really cold. But winter outfits were super cute if you did them right. Her long dark hair was put into two braids that rested on her shoulders and poked out from under her hat.

They had been walking for a few hours now. In the same like tiny little area. It was getting so boring. It didn't help that Kai was being really quiet... there was only so much she could do to entertain herself. But what was she supposed to talk about? So your mom and dad kinda suck? Damn. I can't relate. Sorry? Like no! Finally though he spoke up, and his question kind of caught her off guard. Hell, she even stopped moving and looked at him with a raised brow over her sparkling eyes. "Uh, of course it is." Ellsie didn't mean to sound rude or anything but it was just so surprsing to her that he even had to ask. The story was pretty well known in her family and even with kids at the school.

"I mean yeah. A long time ago my parents and their friends that went to school together kind of really made waves in the fae. My mom used to be the light fae leader but then passed the reigns to Lilax. Lilax didn't like the separation of light and dark at all!" Ellsie stopped herself from rambling and cleared her throat, "Long story short, Demitri and Lilax? They really pissed off the light fae. All of this shit went down and in the end? The light and dark didn't really exist anymore. But the extremest from both sides started this whole heaven and hell crap. But the people from hell have learned not to mess with Demitri. However the angels? They don't care. But I doubt they'd ever mess with this place. We're all just kids."

Behind Kai, Ellsie's eyes went a little wide. A group of about twenty people were walking right up the main road. "How are that many parents late? Maybe they got lost... Hello!" Ellsie yelled, waving and giving them a smile. They all turned to her with wide eyes and grimaces. Oh grumpy... Wait. Were those weapons? "W-What in the hell?!"

Emorie laid against the ground, her eyes shut as she listened to Ferris and softly sang to herself along with the music. Her olive green coat was pulled on over a black t-shirt, the faux fur lined hood pulled over her long brunette hair. Her Hunter boots that were pulled over the tripped up black jeans matched the coat perfectly and matched her sisters in everything but color. These patrols were pointless and most times? They found themselves exactly like this. Emorie had even brought a blanket out to lay against the snow. It was nice to just sit, this school had her running around like a chicken with her head cut off. The assignments, the hours at the library, assisting a few teachers. Emorie loved the teachers, just not the student body most times. After a little while she opened her eyes and sat up, looking at Ferris as he asked her about her parents.

"My dad wasn't happy. My mom convinced him. It actually kind of started a fight." As much as her father loved her mother, he actually said he wished he would have been able to stay in his human school. It kind of hurt their mom's feelings... it even hurt the girls too. "But I think he's happy about it now. They both think it's safer. Plus I like it a lot more here. It's not hiding anymore."  Emorie looked down at herself. Normal people wouldn't see a difference between her and a human. She was pale sure, but besides that pretty plain. But being around humans meant always remembering to breathe even though you didn't have to. It meant slowing down and making sure you were walking at a human pace. It meant moving occasionally even though you were able to sit still with no issue. 

Something in her mind caused her to zone out for a moment. Ellsie was scared. Emorie could feel it. 

Behind them in the trees her ears caught onto a very slight sound of branches breaking and snow crunching. About three hundred feet away. A lot of people. "Ferris..." Emorie whispered before she stood and moved a little closer to where he was, her hazel eyes scanning the tree line from behind her thick rimmed glasses.

l.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Diadel spent a lot of the passing fall with David and Red. Whether it was practicing with his wolf or asking questions about his father, they helped him however they could. It made his view on them all change more than it already was. At first when Demitri said that Red was once engaged to Nick, he was pissed. He hated her more than before. He was convinced she knew. Convinced that she was taunting him. But when Diadel confronted her and David, they both seemed shocked that he was Nick's child... and then they both seemed sorry. Was he really that terrible of a guy? I mean... his mother told him her side of the story and he supposed that even in that version Nick was a total dick. 

"What?" Diadel suddenly looked at Aris with wide yellow eyes, his mouth turning into a wicked grin. "Name it you say?" Just because he was a wolf didn't mean he stopped with the succubus comments. And feelings. "Well little demon that may be a very very poor idea." He winked at her and ran a hand through his pink hair that had grown out slightly, a lot faster than ever before. "I mean-" Before he could continue his taunts, his stomach growled and he let out a low groan. God that was annoying. Thanks for fucking up my game. It had been doing that a lot. It was almost like being a wolf was RUINING his charm. I mean, he had been chasing Emorie all fall and nothing! Though maybe that had nothing to do with his charm at all... Maybe that ... no. It was defective. Had to be.

"Hell. Burgers sound good." Diadel rolled his eyes and stopped for a moment, crossing his arms over his chest and giving Aris a strange look. "How in the hell are you walking around in this in those hells? Hell." Diadel looked down at himself, jeans, hoodie, black vans. Simple. Easy in snow. Not that it bothered him anymore. It seemed to literally MELT around him. 

"Woah... what in the fuck was that?" Diadel quickly turned in the direction of the school. A giant slam went through the air. Well, maybe not giant. His ears were a lot more sensitive than before. "Did the gates just come down?" His eyes strained to look that far but sure enough. Metal coverings were slammed down over the giant wooden doors. Diadel pulled out the walkie talkie and pressed the button to speak, "Anyone know why the security gates are down?"

"You're not going to freeze to death, not on my watch." Jack gave her a charming smile and a chuckle as he looked over at the shivering blonde looking down at her phone. He wasn't stupid. Girls only looked at their phones like that when talking to a boyfriend or significant other. No matter how much Jack hated the guy? It wasn't his place to step in. He had gotten a lot closer with the group as a whole over the past semester but still. The only time he would step in was if the guy hurt her again. Or if he got violent again, Jack didn't play that game at all.

Jack slid his heavy denim jacket off of his shoulders and moved to stand in front of Jade, pulling the thing over her shoulders and giving her a grin, "That help a little? Though pretty soon you're going to not be able to walk under all these layers." Jade actually reminded him a lot of one of his little sisters. The innocence. The inability to see the bad in people. It was a good and bad thing. It meant she dealt with people like Daniel but it also meant that she would always be compassionate. Jack? That wasn't really him. He was the person who was willing to be  a bad person to keep other people pure. 

In the pocket of his hoodie, he heard the walkie talkie and froze. "What in the hell?" He pulled the thing out as he turned to look towards the school, his eye sight wasnt as good as some of the others but even from here he could clearly see the grates over the doors. "Can any of you guys try to call your parents? See what's going on?" His parents weren't even here. Too much money. After talking to the walkie, Jack looked over at Jade and put out his arm, "Come here. I don't know what's going on but if we need to run... just don't ask any questions and go along with it okay?" He himself? Not fast. Things he can shift to? Fast.

Aris's cheeks flushed at Diadel's comment. She was trying to be nice and he had to be like that! Though when she heard his stomach growl she couldn't help but smirk. "Oh my. You've lost that Diadel charm of yours haven't you? What a shame. I think I was falling for it." She shot him a playful wink before flinching at the crashing sound. He hearing wasn't as good as Diadel's by any means, but she still could hear more than a human. "I don't like the sound of that." Her eyes noticed something in the sky and made the pretty blue orbs go wide. Hidden among the snowflakes were flapping angel wings. "No no no..." Aris hated angels, she heard horror stories from her mother. But one thing she did remember? They didn't like wind, and they didn't like not being able to see. 

All she had to do was wave her hand before the wind started to blow like crazy, the amount of snow falling quadrupling. Her bright blue eyes could see through the thick snow fall easily so she grabbed Diadel's hand and started walking towards the apartment. "Demitri said if we seen anything then we were to run." Her free hand pulled out the walkie talkie and pressed the button to talk to everyone. "Let's head for the apartment, we need to leave. Ferris get ahold of your mom or dad on the way." 

Why was he so nice? It was weird. When he put the jacket over her her cheeks went bright red, giving a small nod to answer him. She didn't deserve him being this nice to her! He knew what she was, right? Lord knows if Daniel knew what she was he wouldn't give her the time of day... the thought made her smile falter. Her long lashes bat over her pretty blue eyes when the voices rang over the talkies. Those things really worked? Jade was half convinced they were a show. "What's going on?" Jade's brows furrowed slightly in confusion, her hand grabbing onto Jack's arm gently. Don't ask any questions? Why were they running? 

Her eyes landed on something familiar. Large white angel wings. There were several war angels walking out of the gymnasium, a big smile on her face. "Hey! Look, angels! They should know what's going on!" Oh, Jade. So dumb, so innocent. She let go of Jack and started walking towards them. Well, she started to. Until the wind started to blow and the snow fall became worse. The wind almost blew the thin girl away! "A-Aris stop it! I'm going to ask the angels what's going on!" It had to be Aris's work, right? And the angels, they were someones parents right? Though Jade was one of the only angels on campus...so what were those guys doing here? 

Ferris didn't wait. As soon as he got a whiff of the people coming from the woods he grabbed his cellphone and went to call his mom, his eyes widening at the voicemail she had left. He clicked on the voicemail and held it to his ear. Ferris, honey, I need you to take everyone and run. I've called Hollis and Amy. Grab what you need and head for the woods and keep running. Don't try to look for us. We love you guys. Be strong. Wait, what? Ferris damn near dropped his phone at the click. His eyes teared up and he tried to call her back, instantly getting sent to voicemail. No! No no no! "We've got to go." Ferris handed Emorie his phone and quickly transformed into a giant, gold eyed sandy blonde haired wolf. He knocked Emorie over so that she fell on top of him and ran as fast as his paws would carry him to the apartment. His paws left giant footprints in the snow, but thankfully with the heavy snow fall and the wind his prints were covered up. His heart beat loudly in his ears, his wolf like eyes able to see through the heavy snow.

Once to the apartment he rushed inside and grabbed a large dufflebag full of water and rations out of the closet and another backpack with clothes. His mom had packed him an emergency bag for the group just in case anything happened. He never thought he would have to use it... "Go pack some clothes, Emorie... We'll wait for the others then leave." He clicked on the talkie and tried his best not to sound panicked. "Guys, we need to hurry. Please. Let's get our shit and leave."

Oh, Hell. "You fucking idiot." Kai rolled his eyes at Ellsie as she waved at the people. "See the wings? Those are angels. You know, the things we were just talking about? The things that want to hunt us down and kill us?" Almost as if on cue a couple voices sounded from the walkie talkie. "See? Told you. Some shit is going down." He pulled out the walkie and spoke into it. "We have a group of angels coming up the road with weapons." Suddenly the wind and snow picked up, creating a blinding wall of snow between the two of them and the group of angels. "Come on Ellsie. Or do you want to go welcome them here personally? Give them the grand tour?" He sighed and grabbed her hand, running back to the apartment with her. Thankfully the apartment was nearby, the snow was making it hard to see. The wind made it hard to walk. 

Once inside he shook off the snow from his hair and slammed the door shut behind them, letting Ellsie go. "Go pack. You heard Ferris." Suddenly he felt off. Where was Aris? Jade? He peeked out of the curtains and felt his stomach turn. His sisters were out there....should he have gone back out to get them? He hadn't spoke to Aris much since they found out, or Jade, but he still felt the need to make sure they were safe. It was weird, he had never cared for his family before. "Make sure the others are on their way back, I'm not leaving without them." With that said he ran upstairs and started to pack his backpack full of clothes. 

Emorie stood for a second stunned, barely catching the cell phone when it was tossed to her. "Wait Ferris, did Red pick up?!" But before she knew it she was being knocked over and holding onto Ferris for dear life. It had only been a few times that she watched him change but it never failed to fascinate her. Well, except for now. Now? She was so much more distracted from the wind hurting her face. WIND. She was a vampire! Between the wind from Aris and the speed from Ferris it felt like razors going through her skin. "Oh shit!" She yelled, burying her face into his fur as they moved. In her head she was screaming to get her sisters attention. Trying to see where she was. But everything was so crazy that nothing worked.

When they stopped Emorie quickly jumped up and followed Ferris inside, tucking his phone into her pocket for later. "You! Listen when I'm screaming at you!" Emorie moved and grabbed her sister's hand, looking at Kai with a silent thank you. Ellsie was athletic and fast, but she was scared. There was no way she would have actually moved without getting dragged.  Emorie moved up the stairs quickly, pulling her sister with her. They broke apart and went to their separate rooms, Emorie grabbed some clothes. Not focusing on cute, focusing on warm. Comfortable. Easy to move in. She also grabbed her phone charger and some random odds and ends from around the room. Her eyes falling on her bass... her baby. "Oh hell..." Emorie moved and slid the thing under the bed and silently hoped that it wouldn't get ruined.

"Move your ass. You don't need every dress." Emorie spat at her sister before jogging back down the stairs and moving to the fridge. Ferris had grabbed a lot of things already but she started shoving things into her bag. Most of it would expire soon enough anyways but they could get rid of this before they used anything in cans. "How in the hell is this actually happening?" Emorie shut the fridge and looked over at Ferris, her eyes finally catching up to her head and tearing up. She pulled out her phone and tried to call her mom. Nothing. Dad. Nothing. Red. Nothing. She pulled out his too and tossed it to Ferris. 

"What no! I just, I figured!" Ellsie was stammering as she stared out at the people as they grew closer. At first she didn't even notice the wings. But now it was hard not to. Between the wind, the angels and Kai's harsh voice, Ellsie felt her body go into panic mode. Her eyes were watering and her feet wouldn't move, she couldn't look away from the scene before her. Even with how hard it was to see now... Thankfully Kai grabbed her and they started moving. It took her a second to get running but when she was, Ellsie was moving full speed. In her head she could hear Emorie but she couldn't bring herself to focus on a reply. All she could think was; move. 

Once inside the apartment, Ellsie used the wall to hold herself up, her feet ready to give out from under her. "Em!" She gasped as her sister yelled at her and grabbed her. Before she knew it she was being yanked along once again. "I couldn't think!" Ellsie whined, moving into her room to start shoving things into her totes. At first, Emorie was right, Ellsie was so stuck in the mindset of cute clothing that she was grabbing the stupidest things. Why would she need a dress? No. Jeans. Hoodies. Plain Ellsie. Plain. 

"Did you try to call mom?" Ellsie heard the distress in Emorie. It was obvious that she did and got nothing. Tears started again... How was this even happening? Why would they attack the school?! They were just kids- they weren't any- Parents. That's exactly why. They knew all of the parents would be there. Most times Ellsie was one of the last ones to catch on but when something, but this. No this was very clear. Ellsie ran downstairs and looked at her sister, "Because all the parents are in there. The king of hell, two ex light fae leaders, the heads of this school. Literally everyone that has pissed them off is all in one spot..."

It happened without Diadel even thinking about it. As soon as he thought about needing to run fast, his body was moving without his control and before they knew it a giant white wolf was standing near Aris, looking around in the white snow. Fuck! Diadel thought to himself. Why couldn't he control this well enough yet! No time now. Now he needed to get them moving.... Diadel bowed his head down and forced himself under Aris, pushing her onto his back. Once he was sure she was on securely, he was running. The snow didn't bother him at all, in fact it was almost refreshing. Plus Diadel was sure it made them nearly invisible. The white of his fur would easily blend into the already hard to see terrain. 

Once outside the apartment, Diadel ducked down so she could get off. Then he tried to focus on changing back. That was the hard part...

It took him a few moments but finally Diadel was standing at his full height once again. The white fur replaced with skin and pink hair once more. "Holy fuck." He growled before pushing into the house and holding the door for Aris. "Angels? Seriously? Fucking angels?" Diadel looked around in shock at the others. He knew they were the danger but seriously? Shouldn't they be on like Christmas cards for humans or something? Not raiding a school with swords! "Fuck man." Diadel turned and looked at Aris. "You're okay right? I didn't hurt you or anything?" Ferris had told them to pack but he wanted to make sure that Aris was okay... "Okay pack and then if I hurt you on accident you can punch me in the face okay?" He would probably regret that offer.

Diadel ran upstairs and quickly packed a bag of clothes, making sure to grab the few knives he had hidden in his things as well before heading downstairs. "Where are we even going?"

Jack reached out the moment that Jade let him go. "No you're not. I don't think they're here to be nice." He pulled her back gently and turned her to face him, "Just hold on okay?" Jack took a quick step back from her just as he body started moving. Spots started to appear on his skin. Then fur. Then before you knew it, a cheetah was standing in front of Jade in the snow. That was what Jack could do. Animals, other people, other materials. Most times he used his powers for pranks but this time, it was for speed. 

Once Jade was holding on, Jack went off. Not used to his newfound speed and taking a moment to get used to the way his body was moving. Though with how fast he was by the time they reached the apartment there was no time to think. Outside, he moved back to his own body and turned to grab Jade's hand, pulling her into the apartment and shutting the door. "Go grab some things okay?"

"I'm with Diadel, where are we even going? We can't stay here and the isn't the woods where these people are coming from?"

Aris had seen a couple wolves in her lifetime so she was used to the transformation. But riding on one? That was something she had never done. To be honest she was a little scared at first. She didn't like moving fast, she didn't like not having control. But it was Diadel in wolf form...she could trust him, right? And he was probably just as freaked out as she was. Her hands buried themselves in his fur gently as she clung to him. Once to the apartment she climbed off of him and waited for him to transform back, following him inside once he did. "As a demon you should know that angels have a dark side. They'll kill anyone if they consider it 'for the greater good'." Before she knew it Diadel was turning to face her and asking her if she was okay. Why wouldn't she be okay?...Oh! The run? Was that what he was talking about? 

Before she could say anything he was running off upstairs. "Uh, right..." Aris rubbed the back of her neck and walked up the stairs, kicking off her heels and tossing on a pair of black sneakers. Unfortunately for her Aris was just a demon. She wasn't a wolf, she wasn't a vampire. She couldn't move fast. Especially considering she was so short. On feet she would have taken twice, if not three times the time it took for Diadel to run to the apartment. 

She packed the essentials. Sneakers, sweaters, and leggings. Clothes that were easy to move in and nothing too fancy. Her heart beat nervously as she looked at the picture of her mom and her on the nightstand. She'd be fine, right? Her mom was more calm and level headed than she would, she wouldn't do anything stupid...would she? 

Shaking off the thoughts she tossed the black bag on her shoulder and ran downstairs to join the others. "All Demitri said was run, I have no clue where we're headed to." Her blue eyes looked towards Ferris. If anyone knew it would be him. 

How cool was that?! Jack could literally turn into a cheetah! And hell, he could probably turn into other animals! Jade wished she had cool powers like that! She was thankful for him turning into something so fast, but honestly? She was a tad bit nervous. He was going at like, the speed of light! Okay, probably not that fast. But still! Thankfully her face was buried in his fur to block her from the wind and snow, her arms wrapped around his neck securely. Why couldn't she be this useful? All she could do was heal people. With Jack and the others she was sure she wouldn't need to heal anyone. 

The next thing she knew she was being pulled into the apartment, her cheeks heating up again. "I, uh, thank you." She took off the jacket he had put on her and handed it back to him. "Keep warm, okay?" After that run he was probably freezing even with all that fur. With that done she turned and ran upstairs, packing literally every piece of warm clothing into her bag. They'd need it if the snow kept up like this. 

Once back down the stairs she tossed the backpack on her back and tried to calm her beating heart. She looked at her phone. I love you. Be good. Listen to your friends. But that was all she had gotten from her mom. Her mom would be okay, right? She was a healer. They couldn't hurt a healer! That was like, rule number one of the angel army. Healers were off limits since there were so few of them. The others parents? No promises. Demitri, Aris's mom, they were demons. Angels didn't take kindly to their kind... Vampires were iffy, wolves were okay, and they liked fairies more often then not. "Well where else would we go but the woods? They obviously have the roads blocked off. You guys can't fly, and even if you could they're everywhere. There's too much snow for us to even see to fly, and the wind would blow us out of the sky. So...we just have the woods. Or to climb the mountains, but that would take too long." For once Jade had a point. All they had was the woods. 

"Emmie, everything will be okay, okay?" He gave her a small reassuring smile, running his hand over her hair. "Our parents have faced worse, remember? They can handle a little hostage situation for a while." He looked around the living room at everyone, letting out a small sigh. "Ellsie is right. Demitri, my parents, everyone is in there. All that's left is Hollis and Amy. My mom said that she contacted them and they're made aware of our situation. And mom said that if something like this ever happens we're to go to the woods. There's an old cottage there that is under the protection of some sort of spell, where angels can't see it. Jade's not a pure angel so she should be okay." Should be. He never really asked about it. "It's a couple miles out, but if we make it we should be okay. Until Hollis and Amy show up we'll have to stay there." 

He walked to the door and looked back at everyone. This was a nerve wrecking, scary situation for everyone. "We stick together, okay? We keep moving forward." And with that said Ferris opened the door and pulled his hat over his ears, leading everyone to the woods. 

By the time they made it to the cabin it was dark. It wasn't anywhere close to the academy, and with the raging snowstorm happening it felt like they hiked for 10 miles. Who knows, it could have been close! The cottage was small, wooden, and looked abandoned. It was buried underneath three feet of snow and surrounded by thick layers of trees. They didn't even need the barrier, Kai could barely see the damned thing! 

Once there Kai held the door open for everyone, shivering intensely as he got out of the wind. The door wasn't locked which was a good thing he supposed. Any key hidden would have been blown away. The wind howled loudly and shook the cabin with each blow. He tried to flip on the light switch but immediately was met with none. He looked around as his brows furrowed, shutting the door once everyone was inside. "Is there seriously no electricity?" It would make sense. The place wasn't hooked up to anything, and a generator would be too loud and noisy and would draw unwanted attention. 

"Shit." Kai threw down his bag and sighed. "Do we at least have wood in here? Because anything out there will be too wet to use." Please tell me they at least thought that far ahead. The cabin? Great idea. No wood for a fire? Not the best idea. 

Ferris was right, but that didn't make Emorie feel much better at all. They had faced worse before but now? First they weren't all together. Hollis and Amy weren't around. Lilax was pregnant. Her parents? They had turned into suburbanites! Emorie couldn't imagine them having to fight, and if they did? Well, she just didn't see it going very well. 

Once at the cabin, Emorie had dropped her few bags and began looking around the ragged place. It may have been a decent place at one point but it seemed like it had been left for so long that it fell to rags. "There's wood over here. And some papers." Emorie waved her hand as she looked around the place. It was tiny on the inside. A few mismatched chairs around a handmade table. A rugged kitchen with a wood stove and a small living room area all in one open room. Over the kitchen was a loft that you could reach from a ladder, though all that was up there was a few stacks of heavy blankets and two queen mattresses.  "No electricity, and no bathroom either." Emorie grimaced as she found a trunk full of toilet paper and hand soap. "There must be an out house out there..." Oh what fresh hell. Emorie wasn't a girly girl at all but peeing outside? Seriously. 

Emorie sat in one of the old looking couches and sighed as Ellsie sat down on the floor in front of her, her hands moving to undo her twins braids and run her fingers through her hair. They were twins but it always was like Emorie was the more... well, the older one she supposed. "This place is honestly like out of a horror movie. Like when all the teenagers go camping?" Emorie chuckled, though she was probably the only one that found her comment funny at all. "There you go El." Emorie finished with her sisters hair and pulled her own into a quick bun. Everything on her was damp and hell did she want to change... wet clothes were awful. "Boys don't look up." Emorie quickly pulled some clothes from her bag and climbed up the ladder. She changed into a pair of gray sweats and a hoodie from her old school. The wet clothes she brought back down and hung on a rope she found near the fireplace. "We'll all hang up the wet shit. Once the fire gets going it will dry it." 

Ellsie dropped to the floor in front of Emorie. Wet. Shaking. Cold. They were only half vampire. Part of them? Part of them got really weak from the wet. Emorie didn't seem to feel it that badly but Ellsie was so much more in touch with the fairy side. Her body felt weak and nearly human. Her hair was drenched from melting snow and her clothing was close to drenched as well. Emorie was helping her calm down a little bit at least, taking down her hair and playing with it. Emorie always knew how to help her sister come back to reality. Ellsie only wished she could be as comforting as her sister, though most times Emorie only used her powers of good on Ellsie.

"Thanks..." Ellsie spoke weakly, moving to follow her sister and change into a matching outfit. Ironic. 

Back downstairs, Ellsie pulled out her cell phone and let out a whimper. "No service." Not that they had any power anyways. Hell. Ellsie fell into one of the couches and felt her eyes well up again. Her background was a photo of their family. It hurt her so badly to think of what her parents were going through. They shouldn't have to do this again! They already fought their battle! Ellsie just kept thinking of the story of her mother, drenched and kidnapped. They wouldn't do that to her would they? Mindlessly her eyes went to Jade. "Jade, I don't want to assume you know everything but... angels aren't brutal right?" Ellsie knew that angels did what they believed was for the greater good. But they wouldn't torture anyone right?

"Ah-nevermind. I'm sorry that was rude... Someone want to help me start that stove? I'll make some food from the things that were in the fridge before they go bad..." Though in all honesty they could just keep things cold enough outside...

The others thought this place was small... Jack thought this was like his home. Though he wouldn't say that out loud. It was embarrassing to hear how others looked at this space compared to him. Even the wood stove... that's what they had as well. Jack's home was a lot better built, had running water and electricity but besides that pretty comparable. No heat, fire. Two bedrooms, his parents and one for the girls. Jack used the couch. "I think we should let the ladies take the loft, it will be warmer up there and more comfortable." Jack spoke as he took off his denim jacket and hung it in front of the fireplace.

Then he followed Emorie to where she found wood and began pulling a few pieces out, making a small pile in the fire place and another small pile on the floor. "Kai want to get the stove going? Here's some- oh shit." Jack dug through the pile, the area surrounding. No matches. How the hell would they remember paper, wood and kindling but no matches! Hell. He broke off a few branches from pieces of wood and began working at making the fire. Grumbling and getting more and more pissed with every second that the stupid thing wouldn't light.

"Aha!" Finally! Jack sighed and looked at the very small flame that was starting to grow. 

Diadel shut up the door behind everyone, making sure it was pulled tight and that not much wind was leaking in.  Before the cold wasn't bothering him. Now? Even the cold seemed to be getting to the vampires. Emorie and Ellsie seemed down and out. Jade was about ready to drop dead. The only one that really seemed okay with it all was Aris, and that kind of made him smirk. "Oi ice demon, want to share the wealth of how much you love this bullshit?" He pulled his arms around his damp body and let out a shiver. 

"You're right. I saw it outside on the way in. Its a few dozen feet out into the trees." Diadel had grimaced himself when he saw the thing. It just seemed so gross to him. Whatever about the outside, fuck the no running water though. "It also looked like there was a little shower room attached outside. So... theres that." Which was going to suck in this cold. 

Diadel moved and pulled out one of the chairs at the table, sitting down and watching over everyone else. Part of him thought about leaving when this all went down. Heading home. He didn't even want to be at this school anyways and would any of them even care enough to stop him? He was worried about his mother most of all. Dez was a big piece of the old dark fae and she was a really easy target right now. If these angels had enough balls to go to the school, it was because they had enough balls to put an end to the old resistance. 

Ellsie's question made him look away, down at the floor and run a hand through his pink hair. Those girls were really out of touch with the fae. During his time with Ellsie she told him all about living with humans and basically, her knowledge of fae came only from what her parents wanted her to know... Diadel looked up and over at Jade silently hoping she would keep quiet.

This was it. This was how she was going to die for real this time! As soon as Jade made it inside she instantly started to strip out of her clothes, not really caring who looked. Thankfully the top coat was thick and waterproof, so by the time she got the top three layers off she found the tank top dry. "I'm dying!" She went to change her pants but realized everyone was around her. "Oh, right." Jade climbed up the ladder and threw on a pair of black sweats and a bright pink hoodie. She hung up her clothes next to the others on the rope. Her long lashes bat curiously when she heard the question. Angels? Brutal? "Of course they are. In fact if it wasn't for my healing gifts they would have destroyed me as soon as my mom gave birth to me. My moms actually considered a prisoner now for the fact that she slept with Demitri, but she's a healer so they can't really touch her. Anything that goes against the greater good is considered something in the way. At first they'll try to convince them, and if that doesn't work then torture. Dousing fairies in water, starving vampires until they go crazy or beg for death, silver restraints from wolves, holy weapons against demons, fire on ice demons. If that doesn't work then execution---" Should she have been saying these things? 

Jade's big blue eyes looked over the worried faces the twins had, her heart beating nervously. "I-I mean, everyone should be fine! I-I think they're looking for us anyway. Our parents aren't the resistance, it's Hell. Hell is the place that needs to give in. But our parents are pretty influential, so they want to get them on Heaven's side. If not then they wanted us to force our parents into giving in..." Was she making things worse? "I-I'm not even an angel, I'm a Nephalem. Don't listen to me." She needed to get away fast. Quickly she bounced over to Jack and knelt in front of the fire. "Do you need help or do you think I'd mess this up, too?" She obviously wasn't helping lift the spirits at all. "Fun fact, did you know in Heaven we don't have electricity? Granted it's warm and sunny all of the time. It's kind of old worldy up there. It's pretty cool." 

"Have your skin made of ice and you'd be fine with it." Aris sighed quietly as she walked inside of the small house. Where she came from in hell it was ten times worse than this all the time. Her icy blue eyes looked around at everyone as she climbed the ladder and got changed into a pair of black shorts and a black tank top, perfectly suitable for this kind of weather. Everyone seemed so upset and defeated...she couldn't blame them. Every time she thought about her mom being trapped by the angels she wanted to cry. "If you guys think about all of the bad things happening you'll never want to do anything but cry." She hung up her clothes and rubbed the back of her neck slowly. "It's not like the Angels can enter Hell. They had to think of a way to get the upper hand on them. They have one of the leaders of Hell now, the leaders of the fae, and other important fae creatures. If the angels kill them then they wouldn't get what they want, would they?" Aris smiled slightly at the twins. "Your parents will be fine. They're important to the fae. The angels wouldn't kill them." Torture maybe, kill no. Her mother? Her mother was a different story.

Aris was going to sneak out and save her mom. Someone had to save her. Her mom was the most in danger there, a Hell born demon? Angel's would have a field day. If Aris could just break her out and get her back to Hell then they should be fine. Besides, it's not like the group needed her for anything. And if she could make the storm worse then the storm would knock out the power, cause mass confusion at the school. All she had to do was sneak in! Her plan made sense in her head. 

Grabbing her bag she sat it near the door. There, that way she wouldn't have to move things later when she broke out. 

"Jade!" Ferris scolded her from across the room as he changed his shirt, tossing the wet jacket and tee on the rope. She had to say things like that?! Silver restraints, starving, water...Ferris felt sick. His parents, El's and Em's parents, Lilax, Demitri...they were all in there. The thought of silver restraints made goosebumps form on his arms. That was torture enough. Touching silver burned, he couldn't imagine being restrained by it. Nim would be powerless soaked in water. Ferris looked around a trunk in the corner of the cabin and found a couple towels, walking over to Kai and handing him one. "Help Ellsie and dry her hair off, will you?" He walked over to Emorie and placed the towel on her head. He quickly began to dry off her hair, knowing how weak water made them. The others may not have known and he didn't want to tell them, but he didn't want them feeling powerless. That was how he felt right now. He followed his moms instructions, but what about her? She was suffering, probably being tortured. Same with his dad...Would Hollis and Amy help them get them out? There was only so much a demon and vampire could do...

"We all need to stay here until Amy and Hollis get here. Okay? I know you probably want to run off and save your parents, but that's not the best option. My mom knew what was safe for us, we have to trust her." He pulled the towel off of Emorie's head and smiled down at her. "Your parents are fine. They've survived before. They'll survive now. They're strong willed." 

And Kai thought he was bad at comforting people! They would be lucky if Jade didn't just give everyone nightmares! "Christ Jade..." She had a point though. The angels were after the kids. And they wouldn't kill them by any means. Hell would definitely never give in after that. "Oh, um, okay." Kai raised his brows curiously when he was given the towel. He walked over to Ellsie and placed the towel on her head, drying off her hair. "Relax. I can make us something to eat. You guys look like death." He gave her a gentle smile before moving to the bag with food. He looked through the items and raised his brow curiously. "What were you intending on making?" He dug through the food and settled on the beef. They had buns too, so they could make some burgers. That was easy enough. 

He handed Ellsie a bottle of water and gave her a small smile. "Everything will be okay. Okay?" He was about ready to use some of his powers to make everyone in the room calm down. He was a Nereid, a god underneath the sea. He had the power of sirens, mermaids, and sea nymphs. Mermaids used their voices to lull dying seamen into a calm state. He could use it to make everyone in the room relax. 

He walked over to the fire and grabbed a pan from the counter. He started to shape some of the burgers and seasoned them. He placed them on the pan and grabbed a spatula, leaning against the counter as he watched the burgers cook. 

"Maybe I should have said my thoughts out loud. Hell woman, you're going to give them all a fucking aneurysm." Diadel sighed and shoved a hand through his hair, listening to Jade put him even more on edge. Thankfully his mom wasn't in there but soon enough, this whole thing was going to get a lot worse. These kids were naive to think the school was the whole thing. The school would just be the start! "Shit..." He let out another sigh to himself and looked up around the room, his eyes falling over Emorie and Ferris. That made a lot more sense. Diadel wasn't actually into Emorie, I mean she wasn't bad by any means but he also didn't feel anything strong for her. No, Diadel felt a crush.... and the thrill of the competition. Seeing the way Ferris looked at her? Only made it that much more fun. Though now wasn't the time to think about playing with these people... No. Now was the time to try to get everyone's guard down so he could sneak out later.

"Jack has a good idea. We can all make some beds out of the floor and couches. Aris, I'll take your stuff up for you then." Diadel grabbed the bag that the girl had placed near the front and climbed far enough up the ladder to slide it up into the loft before jumping down and landing on his feet with a thud. 

Diadel sat back down at the table and reached into the pocket of his jeans, tossing a deck of cards on the table. He had grabbed them from off his desk on the way out, figured it could keep them distracted. "I don't know this Amy or Hollis. But it's not like they'll be here any time soon. Flights won't be leaving on time more than likely and even if they ran, theres only so fast they could move. So, let's keep ourselves busy." More like let's calm down and go to bed so Diadel could run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back