• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Fae Academy (Closed)

Ellsie and Emorie both stopped to stare at Jade, wide eyed and frozen where they were. Ellsie dropped her phone and it hit the couch cushion besides her and her mouth gaped open. "I thought they were nice!" She suddenly exclaimed. Ellsie was extremely naive to the fae world... taking a lot of her information from human imagination on tv shows and myths. "Oh my god..." She sunk into the couch a little and finally tore her eyes away from Jade her hands moving to run through her wet hair. Was this all some nightmare? There was no way this was real life right?

No, dreams weren't this vivid. Dreams were THIS terrible. 

When Kai spoke to her she gave him a weak smile and caught the water. "Thanks..." She shut her eyes for a few seconds and took a long drink of the water before setting down the bottle and reaching up to wrap the towel around her hair. "And thank you for that as well... this should help." The water thing always threw off people that weren't around fairies often. Their mom said it stemmed back to their wings getting super screwed by water... though Ellsie thought it really sucked that it messed with her like this... even when she was only half. "That actually sounds good." So did something else. But she didn't want to say it. Blood. But out here? No blood bags. So she would just suffer.

Kai moved to start cooking and Ellsie looked over to talk to her sister, her eyes moving over her and Ferris slowly. "Em. Cards?" Ellsie wasn't even interested. But something about the two of them being so close made her so fucking jealous. Ellsie jumped up and moved to the table where Diadel was sitting with the deck. "I promise we won't cheat. No twin telepathy shit. Honest."

Emorie was in shock. Never was she naive enough to think that angels were the nice people here, well I mean there were exceptions to every rule like Jade... though she wasn't very nice right now. But her sister? Ellsie lived in this make believe world where everyone got along just fine! And that's because for her? It did, everyone liked her. Thankfully, Emorie understood that people can suck sometimes. "El..." Emorie sighed when her sister started to freak out, her fingers rubbing against her own temple. The idea of her family going through this again was torture in and of itself. And Ferris? Both of his parents were in there too. Everyone had parents in there. Though Jade did have a slight point. Hopefully because of their status, they would be seen as useful. However... she couldn't help but think about Aris. Diadel and Kai had no one in there. The others? Their parents should be safe. But Aris? Her mom was from Hell. She could be in real danger.

Before she could dwell on the thought very long Emorie's head was being covered with a towel and she jumped a little, her sight being obstructed by the towel for a moment before Ferris pulled it off. "I know." Emorie let out a sign and looked down for a moment before looking back up at him with a concerned look. She held his face in her hands and tried her best to give him a smile, "So are yours. You know that right?" Ferris was always so concerned about making sure everyone else was okay, sometimes he needed to make sure he was too. 

When Ellsie spoke up she jumped a little, dropping her hands and turning to her sister with a groan, "Cards? Seriously." All she wanted to do was eat and nap... but she supposed she could pass the time while food cooked.

"I did not know that." Jack tried his best to make Jade feel a little bit better. Honestly, Jade probably should have been a little more tactful in her wording but Ellsie did ask. And it was better to know the truth. That way they could figure out how to combat it. He felt guilty, that none of his family was in there. Well more guilty that he was happy his parents weren't in there.... But the school? It was like his second home. It was a place that meant so much to him. "Want to know a fun fact about me?" He looked around at the others, they seemed distracted enough. "My house is pretty much the size of this place. Just with more walls. My parents didn't come today because they couldn't afford the flight over. So now we both know something." He gave her an earnest smile before turning back to trying to build the fire.

"I don't think you fucked anything up either." Jack messed with the fire as he spoke, blowing on it and carefully adding paper. "I think it's good that they know. That means no surprises later." 

All of these students were completely ill prepared for any sort of real fighting. Sure they were all scrappy in their own ways and could probably take on another peer. But fighting in a war? Jack had to assume it was different. From stories he heard it was so much different back in the day. The fae community was so involved that everyone was completely in touch with their power. Now? Their generation? Without the clear definition of light and dark, it was so easy for them to ride in the middle and easily integrate with a normal society. They knew what they were and handled it well, but they weren't fighting machines. At least not most of them.

Oh, to hell with this. "Your guys's parents might be fine, but my mom? This is the first time she's ever left Hell. She'll be the first one they kill, and I'm not letting that happen." Aris was done being nice. "I'm not playing cards, and I'm not sitting around waiting on someone who is probably days away." Quickly she slipped on her shoes before she slipped outside. She could make ice weapons, something to defend herself with when she got there. Her mom was all she really had, she had to save her. 

Aris turned to the door and froze it shut with a thick layer of ice. It would thaw, but it would give her time to get a good head start. "Right. Well." Thankfully she wouldn't get cold considering her outfit choice, but the bad thing was she was wearing black....oh well. With a long sigh she took off back towards the school, making the storm pick up more. More snow, more wind. She didn't want anyone coming after her. 

Jade gave a small smile when Jack gave her his little fun fact. "Material stuff doesn't matter, y'know? It's family. You love your family, I know you do. As long as you've got your family that's all that matters." That's why Jade wasn't stressing too hard over the situation. Her mom would be fine. The others would be fine. Well, except for Aris's mom. So long as she behaved though there shouldn't have been much of a problem. "You really think I didn't fuck up?" She didn't have time to get her answer. Suddenly the door slammed shut and caused Jade to jump to her feet. "W-What?" Everyone was there except Aris. "Wait! Aris! Don't do anything dumb, they'll kill you too!" Quickly she ran to the door and tried to push the door open. She groaned quietly as she pushed harder and harder. "Stop! Open this door right now!" It was no use! Jade whined quietly and sunk down to the floor. 

Wait! what about the windows? Jade jumped up quickly and attempted to open the small windows, whining quietly as they refused to open as well. "Ariiiiis!" That stupid, dumb, idiotic, moronic demon! The cabin shook once more with a strong gust of wind, sending Jade into a shivering fit. "W-Why is she so spiteful?!" 

Ferris wanted to break down and cry. He was always the first to try to cheer people up, no matter how upset he was. So when Emorie tried to cheer him up and tell him his parents he felt his eyes water. Their parents were old and dumb! Okay not really, but they were some of the old world faes. The strong ones, the ones that used to belong to light and dark. The new fae? They melded into society. Got along with humans. The old society never did that. Maybe that's why the angels had it out for them? They were in the way of progress. But if they really thought about it, they were the ones that disbanded the old world faes! 

This stress was getting to Ferris. When they brought up cards he let out a loud sigh. "Honestly? I'm exhausted. I think I'm ready to call it a night." His blue eyes looked up at Aris as she slipped on her shoes and went on her short rant. "Aris, my mom said-" SLAM. Freeze. Wind. What just happened?

He jumped to his feet and tried the door after Jade. The door handle wouldn't even budge. He didn't want to bust down the door or break a window in this weather either, it would freeze everyone! "We're going to have to wait for the ice to melt. She really doesn't want us going after her..." Did he blame her? No. But how did she plan to bust out her mom? She was just an ice demon... Speed and strength weren't on her side. She could make blizzards, make wind, make ice weapons, but how could she fight an angel? They could fly, they were fast, strong, and they were typically very tall! Aris barely reached five foot...

Kai was busy cooking up the last of the burgers by the time Aris started ranting. He was lost in thought. What were this "hollis and amy" going to be able to do for them? They used to be part of the bad ass crew that Red and Demitri were apart of, but what were they going to do now? Were they ready for a fight? To protect everyone here? And how long could they before the angels find them? It wasn't like they could hide out in Hell, Jade wouldn't have been welcomed. They could go to the ocean, but none of them could breath under water like he could.

He was dragged out of his thoughts when the door slammed. "What's going on?!" His eyes widened when he seen who was missing. "Yo, where'd the brat go?" He put the last burger on the paper plate as Ferris tried to open the door and windows. "You're not going to win, dude. Just let her have her tantrum and we can go after her. Well, I'll go after her. You guys look dead tired." Maybe he should have put Aris to sleep once they arrived...either way, what was done was done and over with. "She won't get far. She doesn't move very fast." The only real advantage was the fact she could see in the snow. "Come eat, guys." 

When Ferris said they would have to wait for the ice to melt, Emorie looked at him and scoffed. Hell they would. Emorie reached across the table and grabbed her sisters hand, pulling her over to the door and putting her hand against it before looking at Ellsie and grinning. "Melt it." They were dry. They were together. And honestly? Emorie was pissed. Aris was just going to put everyone including her mother in danger. Some student comes up from outside? That means there were others. Some demon acts up? That more than likely meant they would take actual against all the demons. Emorie could understand that Aris wanted to help her mother but this wasn't the way. 

Ellsie looked at her sister with wide eyes as she was yanked towards the door, "What? You want to? I m-Yeah. Yeah okay." Ellsie was just so shocked that Emorie even thought about using magic at all. Usually she avoided it at all costs. To start, it made them pretty weak and they weren't in the best shape right now to start. Especially Ellsie... the hunger was starting to kill her. Also, they weren't very good with magic and a lot of the time it ended up going haywire. Ellsie put her hand against the door and concentrated for a moment before slowly pushing the thing open to find a giant puddle right outside. No more ice.

"No, someone goes to get her now. Before she leads anything to us and before she puts the person she was trying to save in danger." Emorie looked at Kai slowly, "So either you go, or I do. And I won't do it nicely. Because you're right. I'm tired. And I'm over it already." Her head was killing already just from that little bit of work. Next to her she saw her sister start to sway and she reached out just in time to grab Ellsie under the arm as she slipped out of consciousness. "And now I'm super pissed." Emorie's eyes went red and she picked her sister up over her shoulder and looked around at everyone. "I'm laying down."

Emorie moved and jumped up to the loft without touching the ladder. The magic tired her, but the anger fueled the vampire. She sat her sister down on one of the beds and covered her up before sitting down herself and resting her head in her hands and letting out a long slow sigh. If they were going to help anyone, they had to work together. Pissing off the angels was mistake number one.

When the door slammed Jack let out a low groan. Why couldn't they all just sit down. Eat. Sleep. Work on a plan tomorrow. Running off would just put herself in danger, she wouldn't even get close enough to the school to do anything! The angels would notice before anything could be done for her mother. "That door isn't going to open like that... And neither will that window." Jack sighed and walked up behind Jade, moving his arms around her and gently pulling her away from the window. The twins moved to the door as Emorie started to go off. She had a point, though she was being a little harsh about it.

"Jade sit. Let's get you some food and then I think you should lay down, you haven't stopped shaking since we got here." Jack got one of the burgers Kai made and set it in front of Jade with a small grin just as the girls got the door open. "Here you go." Jack wasn't paying much attention but suddenly Emorie was moving past him with Ellsie over her shoulder. Was magic really that tiring on them? Hell... 

Jack pulled out a chair and started eating himself, looking around at everyone. "Kai I'll go with if you'd like. I'm just honestly not the best person to send out there alone. I can't see through that shit at all..."

Aris was RUINING his plan. If she ran off, then how could Diadel?! Fucking hell. 

Diadel tossed the cards down on the table when the door slammed. The frustration was real at this point. All these whiny babies. "Holy shit!" Diadel exclaimed as they all tried at the door, discussed what to do. The only ones to actually do much of anything were the twins and Jade. At least Jade really attempted.... "I will go. No more debating. No more whining. Holy shit people." Diadel pushed back from the table and looked around at them all, "I get the couch though. And when I get back that fire better be hot enough to melt my fucking heart." He hissed out the words before going out the door Ellise and Emorie opened and slamming it behind him.

It took him a moment to finally transform but once he did he was off. Running through the snow and trees on the look out for the idiot girl in a tank top and shorts. There. 

Diadel stopped a while back from her and transformed again, he couldn't yell as a wolf. "HEY! Crazy woman!" They were somewhere in the middle of the woods in the dead ass dark, the moon was shining from somewhere above the trees but everything was so obstructed by snow he couldn't tell you anything else. Diadel ran up to her and grabbed her arm pulling her back against him and bending down to look at her. "Listen I understand what you're trying to do here. I really do, trust me. But going out there alone? You're a giant target with the words shoot me on it Aris."

Aris had been walking for god knows how long crying in the snow. She just wanted to know her mom was safe! It was her fault she left Hell in the first place, this was Aris's fault! If Diadel wouldn't have moved her dumb bag then she would have been able to sneak out during the night while everyone was sleeping! But no, he had to be nice for once. She didn't even have a plan. But if she died trying to save her mom she would have been fine with that. It was her mom, the one person that stood by her through everything. 

Before she knew it she was being grabbed and pulled back. Who in the--Diadel? Her eyes widened as she looked up at him, her watery eyes blinking a couple times. "You guys think I really care? All I have to do is distract the angels long enough to bust my mom out of there. It's not like your mom is there, so why the fuck do you even care?" She pulled her arm free from him and scowled slightly. "If you understand and don't want me going alone then you can come with. But if not? Go back and stay out of my way. I have no intention on dragging you guys down with me. I'm making my own decisions. What am I supposed to do? Sit back and let them kill my mom? You know as well as I do that she'll be the first person they kill."

She spun back around and started walking towards the school again. Before she knew it the snow stopped falling completely, the wind dying down. Her eyes widened to the size of saucers. Her mom had been helping out with the storm, she could feel it, but she stopped...why? Something was wrong. Aris took off in a complete sprint towards the school, huffing and puffing on her way there. She wasn't in track or soccer like Ferris, and running wasn't something she did, but dammit she was doing it now! 

Well, until she tripped over something and fell face first into the two feet of snow on the ground. She quickly sat up and coughed, shaking off the snow all over her black hair. Her eyes looked over and seen the thing she tripped over. Platinum hair, a trait symbol of all ice demons. Pale skin, closed long lashes, and a giant hole in her chest. "M-Mom?" 

Jade whined quietly as Jack pulled her away from the window. She was exhausted and tired, to the point where she had no fight left in her. "Fine..." She started to eat the burger, a small pout on her lips. "Thank you..." She felt like a child sometimes. She was really trying to help! But he had a point. she was shaking like a leaf. She knew she couldn't freeze to death but dammit she felt like she would. "Jack you can't see out in this you shouldn't go--" But Diadel beat her to the punch, he was already out the door. It was probably better he went anyway! He was a white wolf, he could see better, run faster. Keep Jack safe at the cabin. Was that bad of Jade to want that? Probably? 

To be honest, Jade felt a little inferior to the twins. Once again they were way more powerful than she was! They just melted that thick layer of ice Aris had put up. Ice! Something Jade couldn't do. All she could do was heal. And what use was healing to everyone here? Hell, the twins could probably heal. She wasn't anything special. Jade let out a small sigh and looked at her hand. Why should she stay with the group if she couldn't be helpful? 

When the snow stopped she blinked widely and looked out the window. "Did something bad happen?" Something good, maybe? If something bad happened the storm would be worse...right? 

"Em," Ferris let out a long sigh. He knew how magic tired them out, but it was kind of needed for something like this. "Guys, if you were in Aris's shoes you'd do the same thing. Lord knows if I was in her shoes I would." They had said it before, they don't know what it's like to have one parent. They've had so many people looking out for them all their lives, so many people to love them. So the thought of only having one and having that one person be close to being killed? Ferris knew he would do whatever it took to save her. Hell, he wanted to go save everyone right now, but he knew he wasn't strong enough. If he was his mom or dad then he would be able to save everyone single handed! ...Single pawed? You got the drift of it.

His brow arched when Diadel ran out. What, he was going to play hero all of a sudden? "Aish. Whatever." He sat in front of the fire and added some more paper and logs, the fire building higher and higher. "Won't take much to melt that ice cold heart of yours..." Ferris grumbled quietly to himself. He had been seeing the way he tried to hit on Emorie. She had no interest in him and it was hilarious, but you would think the dumb fuck would get that she wasn't interested by now. Go chase someone else. Seriously. 

Emorie was sitting on the edge of the mattress when suddenly something hit her. It was like a giant magical brick to her stomach. She still felt really weak but it wasn't nearly as bad as before... Hell she actually felt a little more powerful if anything. Why was that? Below her she could hear the others slightly, talking about the storm dying down. Maybe Aris got distracted? Who knew. All she knew was that she felt fine enough to climb down and eat something. It was just really strange how that happened... Emorie tried to think if her mom had ever explained something like this.

No.

Emoire jumped from the loft without warning and went busting out the door without a word. She didn't bother waking up her sister. She didn't bother telling Ferris. All Emorie did was run. 

When they were younger Nim told them all about how now, they were weak with their magic. And would be for a long time. Magic isn't created with each new fairy, it's passed down. What Nim gave the girls was split between them and made Nim weaker in the process. But as a family they were stronger. When Nim finally did pass... they would each grow a little more. But they weren't ever supposed to have to worry about that! Not for a very very long time! Their mom was over four hundred years old. There was no way that she could get taken from them when they were only seventeen.

Emorie wasn't sure how long it was but before she knew it she was running into Diadel and Aris, her hand flying to cover her mouth as she let out a gasp. Aris was bent over a woman in the snow... it must have been her mother. Oh god. They really were killing people in there. "Oh my god." Emorie looked over at Diadel with wide eyes. She had never seen a dead person in her life. And her heart was completely broken for Aris. 

Out of the corner of her eye she saw the wind catch something purple and her heart broke for herself. "No..." Not far from where Aris was kneeling was a woman with purple hair. Emorie took a few steps forward, slowly at first like it would help brace herself. But it didnt. Nothing could have helped this. Emorie dropped down into the snow and covered her mouth with one hand while she pushed the soaking wet hair from her mothers face. The sobs started to come slowly but eventually she couldn't help herself. How did this happen? How did anyone let this happen... Wasn't she supposed to be safe? Wasn't she supposed to get through this? After a while Emorie peeled her hazel eyes from her mothers peaceful face and looked at the school. They were way too close... "Diadel we have to move them. We can't leave them here..."

Why did he care? Well wasn't that an amazing question, Diadel honestly couldn't answer. He didn't want Aris to end up dead but he sure as hell didn't want to end up dead either. When she told him to stay out of her way or go with him, he thought about turning and heading back. Ready to let the group know that Aris was dead. But for some reason Diadel couldn't do it. Stupid. "Okay fine. But don't do anything-" stupid. Aris was already off running and around them Diadel felt the wind die down and the snow slowly stop falling. 

"Aris why did you stop this storm? It was keeping you hidden." Ugh, this girl. Seriously.

Then something happened, Aris went down and Diadel went to move to help her up just as Emorie appeared behind him. "Does someone want to clue me in on what the fuck is going on?" Diadel took a few steps forward, at this point both of the girls were on the ground and he was starting to get nervous about how close they were to the school. And how loud Emorie was being. Why was she even sobbing like that? Oh. Oh hell.

Diadel stood there for a moment. He was close enough that he could finally see what this was... There were a few more than just the two women Aris and Emorie were bent over but no one Diadel recognized thank god. Hah. Nevermind, angels were the whole problem here. 

As much as Diadel wanted them to leave, he couldn't pull the two away from their mothers. Not like this... When Emorie said something about moving them all he could do was nod. If it was his mother? He would want the same thing. To bury her somewhere safe and respectable. "Of course. We can get them back to the cabin and go from there." Diadel could carry one but wasn't sure how to get both back safely. Not to mention the girls... Maybe he should have made Kai come with.

Ellsie had woken up as soon as it hit her. It didn't take her a moment to think. It didn't take her even a second to know what happened. Her mom was dead. Feeling more magic was something that Ellsie was in constant fear of every single day. As much as she loved that side of her, it was something that filled her with anxiety every night before bed. And now? Now it had actually happened. Ellsie rolled over in the bed, pulling the sheets around her shoulders and moving to where she was sitting over the edge of the loft. Emorie was gone, of course she was. Emorie was the one who was completely down to go at things heads on. Ellsie? Ellsie didn't want to see anything. She didn't want to deal with it at all.

"Ferris... You really should go find Em. Mom's dead." It was so heartless the way Ellsie said it but thats how she felt. She felt so numb. Like everything nice and sweet about her was shutting down so that the hurt couldn't get in. 

Ellsie turned and crawled back to the bed, laying against all of the pillows and piles of blankets for a few minutes before it all finally caught up with her and she let out a whimper and then a full out sob. 

Wait, what was that? "E-Emorie?! Wait!" Ferris stood and ran out after her, groaning quietly as soon as he lost sight of her. She was faster in her human form than he was, so he quickly shook out his hair and morphed into the large hulking wolf. His large paws padded after her and caught up quickly. Wasn't she just giving Aris shit about running off like this?! He stopped when he seen Emorie and Aris. What happened? Why were they in the snow? Why- 

As soon as Ferris made the connection he felt his heart broke. Ellsie was right. He smelled the death through the thick layer of snow, his body morphing back into his human form. He lied to them, he lied to everyone. They're fine. They'll be okay. Why would he say that? Just because his mom assured them that? They all could be fucking butchered for all he knew! "Em-" His voice cracked as his eyes teared up. He couldn't even comfort her. He gave her false hope...nothing was okay at this point. "I can help carry them back. Em, grab your mom and hop on. We can bury them by the cabin." And far away from the school. It was unfortunate, but now at least they didn't have to worry about Aris making a break for it again. 

Ferris shifted again and gently nudged Emorie with his cold wet nose before nudging his nose underneath Nim, lifting her onto his back. 

Aris had never cried before in her life, and here she was buried in the snow sniffling and sobbing like a baby. She knew this would happen. She told her mom not to come! She didn't come last year, so why would she come this year? The question still bothered her, and she would never get an answer. Not now. Not ever. Aris was officially all alone in the world. She had been too late saving her mom. Maybe if she hadn't left the campus? Maybe she would have died with her. She didn't even notice Emorie until she heard someone else crying. 

Watery blue eyes looked over to see Ferris lifting a purple haired woman onto his back, her heart breaking in the meantime. "Emorie, I'm sorry." She rubbed her watering eyes and sniffled quietly before looking back down at the blonde woman. "I'm sorry mom, I really am." Aris got a lot of shit for being cold hearted, for not having a heart, and for once she wished they were right. Maybe this wouldn't have hurt so bad. "Ice demons don't bury people." She mumbled quietly and placed her hand on her mothers face, watching as she froze completely solid. With one last touch to her face the ice shattered into a million sparkling little pieces and disappeared into the air. 

Slowly she wiped the last tears from her eyes and stood to her feet. "I'm going to fucking kill every last angel in this war, I swear. Fuck this not choosing sides bullshit. I'm a demon, and I'll fight with them after we release the school." With that said Aris made her way back to the cabin. 

Aris was numb by the time they got back to the house. The wind had completely stopped and so had the snow. It was eerily quiet outside besides their footsteps. She didn't say a word to anyone, she merely climbed up into the loft and fell asleep. Her nightmares didn't plague her at all that night, mainly because they had all came true. Her mom was completely gone. Shattered. Gone forever. That was what her nightmares were all about...and it just sucked to see them actually happen. 

The next morning she woke up and felt just as numb as she did before. Everything in her life that cared about her was gone. She let out a long sigh and noticed her breath. Was the fire dying? The last thing she wanted was to hear Jade complain when she woke up. Quickly Aris stood up and looked around the loft. Where was Emorie? Maybe she had gotten up to go for a walk...that's what Aris wanted to do. Go for a long walk, get lost, and shatter into a million little snowflakes. The thought actually made her smile a little. What a peaceful way to go. 

Aris slowly made her way down the ladder and walked over to the dying fire. Wasn't someone supposed to be tending to this so they didn't freeze? Oh well. Aris picked up a log and placed it on the fire, coughing quietly when ash shot back into her face. Gross. A couple pieces of paper and some twigs later and the fire was already roaring again. It made her groan and take a step back. Her eyes wandered around the room. Where was Diadel? She wanted to thank him for coming with her to the school. He didn't have to, but let's be real. Him and Kai were the closest thing she had to friends at this point. Everyone was back to wanting Aris dead...and did she blame them? No.

Her eyes landed on him on the couch. His sleeping form made her smile a little. He wasn't such a bad guy...but then she seen Emorie with him and the smile fell. Why did her chest hurt like this? Why was she even getting upset? He had been pining after her all fall, of course it would have happened. But it had to be the night after her moms death? Ugh! She was back to hating him. "Diadel you're awful. I can't believe. Ugh." She didn't even want to be in the same room as him! Aris found herself walking out of the cabin, slamming the door behind her. She would just sit outside until the people came to get them. Yeah. That sounded like a sane and rational plan. 

What happened? One minute she was eating her burger, the next everyone was running outside, and she was pretty much stuck inside because mother Jack wouldn't let her leave! When everyone got back Aris headed straight for bed. She looked like a shell of the person she used to be. Then they buried some purple haired lady, who she later found out to be the twins mom. What straight fuckery was this!? The Angels did what they had to. Aris's mother was a demon, she was the worst kind, too. Of course they had to kill her. But the fairy? If the fairy tried to stop the angels it was no shock that they would kill her too...still, it was rough being friends with the kids of the killed person. It was different. And she didn't like the feeling it gave her.

Jade slept like crap. Would they want Jade dead for being an Angel? No, she wasn't even an Angel...Like she said before, she was a Nephalem. Half demon, half angel. She wasn't worth anything. Finally she was able to get warm in the lounge. Maybe she got an hour of sleep before the house became freezing cold again, and she woke to a slamming of the door. "Aris, it's too early..." She said something about Diadel though, right? Slowly she sat up and rubbed her eyes, peeking from the lounge down to the others to see who was laying with Diadel. A piece of her heart hurt for Aris for once in her life. Diadel and Aris had been getting pretty friendly towards each other, right? That was like the only person she talked to besides Kai and Emorie. "Well that's a crap way of finding out." 

Jade hopped down from the lounge with a blanket wrapped around her and walked to the bag of water, pulling out a bottle and leaning against the counter as she took a slow drink. "Really though, I admire your two's adventurous spirit. With everyone in the room? Risky. Congrats." Have they been a thing for a while? They did flirt a lot. Well, mainly Diadel. 

Soooo that night was crazy. Probably the worst night ever, to be honest. Not only did he lug Emorie and Nim back to the cabin but he spent the next how digging a proper six foot hole in the frozen ground. Thank god for the wolf and vampire strength. They buried her, said some tearful goodbyes, said some happy words, and they headed back into the house. If that wasn't the worst thing, then it would have been what happened after. While he was tending to the fire Emorie, well, she came on to him! He had dreamed about that, sure, but the timing? After her mom had just died? He had told her that he liked her, but with what just happened? He'd be using her. He could never do that. 

She seemed angry, so Ferris went to sleep. He transformed into his wolf and slept on the floor of the kitchen to get away from everyone, to give them more space to sleep. He slept comfortably until he flinched at the slammed door. Dammit Aris, she was going to break that thing one of these days. 

He yawned loudly and scratched behind his ear for a second, standing to his large feet and moving towards the fire. That is, until he spotted what was on the couch. Immediately he started to growl, the hairs on the back of his neck standing as he growled at Diadel. No way in hell! Even Diadel should know there were boundaries you didn't cross! Sleeping with a girl after something traumatic like that? That was the most fucked up thing Diadel had ever done...and Emorie? His heart broke a little. Ferris roughly headbutted the couch to wake the two of them up. No, they were figuring this shit out now. Ferris could take the fucking succuwolf. 

So much had happened last night Kai didn't even know how to react. All he knew was that he stayed up pretty late humming the mermaid song to Ellsie to try and make her dreams somewhat pleasant. The last thing he needed was her having a nightmare about the events that happened. It was bad enough they were living the nightmare. Kai had fallen asleep next to the bed that Ellsie had been sleeping in, so whatever happened downstairs was a mystery to Kai. The thing that did wake him? Another slammed door! That was Aris's signature, wasn't it? He had gotten used to it after last year, but he didn't like it. "Arrriissssss." He groaned quietly and sat up. "Dude, who was in charge of the fire? Whoever was fucking sucked." He sat up and ran his hand through his dark hair. 

He slid down the ladder and blinked widely at Diadel and Emorie. "Oh, ouch. Really Emorie? Your sisters ex? Isn't there like, some kind of sister code? I'm pretty sure that breaks every sister code in the book." He rubbed the back of his neck as he walked over to the roaring fire. "Oh, thanks whoever." He glanced back at the growling Ferris and grinned slightly. "You know, I'm not even going to stop this. I think he deserves it. Go for it, dude." 

Emorie was the first one on the couch to wake up from the sudden shake from Ferris. One would think that vampire fairy hybrids were immune to hangovers but apparently when you drink so much to try to numb your mothers death? Then they can occur. “Ouch what the fuck…” She started to sit up only to quickly realize that she wasn’t alone. Her hazel eyes flew open to see that Diadel was squeezed onto the couch next to her, still asleep. What in the actual hell? Emorie scrambled to get off the couch, her pounding headache begging her to slow down. What happened last night? Well, besides having to bury her own mother. There was the drinking, more drinking. Crying. Why couldn’t she remember?!

Emorie turned to Ferris and suddenly remembered something. “Oh my god…” Did she try to sleep with Ferris? Oh hell she did… and he said no. He said no like any decent person would have! But good old drunk Emorie must have ran to Diadel. How could she get this drunk? She was a virgin for fucks sake! And Diadel was gross. Emorie was sure that somewhere, deep, deep down, that he was decent person. Maybe. But either way, Diadel wasn’t Emorie’s thing. His jokes were gross, he was just annoying in general. The longer her mind swam, the most disgusting she felt. He was her SISTERS EX!

“I-I can’t be here.” More than anything Emorie would have wanted to talk to her mom. So she did. She quickly left, feeling exposed and disgusting. Outside she didn’t even see Aris, she just kept moving. Moving to where they made a grave for Nim last night and falling against a tree nearby. Her pale hand went out and ran over the upturned dirt, “Mom you’ve been gone a few hours and I’m already royally fucking things up.”

Ellsie was the last girl to wake up. The commotion from the area under her finally making her stir. Last night was a whirlwind of crying and talking about their mother. Asking Aris about hers and telling stories. But mostly crying. At one point Emorie kind of went missing with a bottle of booze she had found and Ellsie just went to bed. Her dreams were full of nightmares about what they did to her mother. Torture, taunting, pain. The only thing that Ellsie couldn't think of was her actually getting killed... because she couldn't figure out why they would. They all said it themselves! They were worth too much on the right side! Though maybe that was exactly it... her mother would NEVER side with them. 

"What in the heck is going on..." Ellsie groaned and wiped away the sleep from her swollen eyes before crawling over to the edge of the loft with her blanket still around her in time to see her sister go running and Kai say something about her sisters ex. Her eyes moved to the couch and instantly she growled. Not at Emorie. No. At Diadel. There was no way that Em would have done anything with that guy! First, Em was actually still a virgin. Well, she was. Wait, no still is! Ellsie climbed down and moved to kick the pink haired boy on the couch.

"WAKE UP NOW." Ellsie growled before ripping the blanket off of him and looking over at Ferris in his wolf form. "There's no way she would have. Right? No way!." 

Diadel didn't mean to fall asleep sitting on the couch... but he and Emorie were up so late that it just sort of happened. And that was all that happened! Don't get him wrong, something started but he ended it. Emorie came to him, crying, drinking, hurt. At the point it seemed like Diadel was the only person awake and around so... she sat down with him. At first Diadel had no problem going along with it, using it to his advantage. She had been crying about her mother, rejection from Ferris and anything else she could think of. Diadel wasn't sure when it happened, but suddenly he felt sick with himself and stopped her. Diadel just sat and listened at that point as she cried, he told her what she wanted to here and eventually Emorie grew quiet. Passed out on the couch. Diadel really meant to get up and sleep elsewhere but it had been such a long day...

"Listen." Diadel groaned, rolling over when Ellsie kicked him and ripped off the blanket. He had been listening since Ferris hit at the couch but didn't know what to say. Once again everyone was assuming that he was a human piece of garbage and if it wasn't for the way Emorie reacted, he would have just let them believe it. He was done proving himself to these people. He sat up and looked up at Ellsie with a glare and then down to the wolf he could only presume was Ferris. What was he going to do? Bite him? "I don't deserve shit Kai. Shut your mouth." He growled, looking over at the man by the fire before standing up and crossing his arms over his chest.

"I told her no. Just like Ferris did, which is what caused her to come running over here crying. She was drunk and sad and sat here. Cried. Passed out. There might have been a kiss but shockingly I am capable of feeling this thing called guilt." Diadel looked around, where was Aris? Oh hell. Was she pissed off too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back