• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Fae Academy (Closed)

Ferris hated getting scolded by his mother, but he also hated the way his dad didn't scold him! A patrol?! Didn't he deserve a worse punishment? Lose his phone, lose his guitar, something! Why weren't they more harsh on him? The thought made him sigh in frustration. "Demitri will probably be by in the morning." Demitri was more or less in charge of punishments around the school, Red only handled the more severe cases. "Yeah I'm fine. I guess we got luck y mom didn't come." He glanced over at Aris and raised a curious brow. "You know I'm a wolf too, right? I could have helped a little." He wasn't experienced with his wolf like his parents were. Wasn't there a time Red lived as a wolf? Either way, he could at least help with a transformation. "And Diadel don't feel bad, the first time is always the worst. I can't imagine what it was like now that you're older though, and the fact that you didn't know...I transformed for the first time when I was 12. It's usually right about puberty time when your wolf wakes up." In some cases people who were half wolves never transformed. So some would consider Diadel lucky, others not so much...

"But yeah. No more parties for us for a while, gang." He chuckled quietly and finished with the trash pickup. 

---

Demitri didn't want to. He sent Kai, Aris, and Jade to Red for a reason! He didn't want to have to face them! Now he was in charge of their patrol duty? He was panicking hard. He came off calm and cool to Lilax and the others, but inside he was about ready to jump back in the portal and hide. That was right around when all of them were conceived though...so that probably wasn't the best idea.

With a long sigh Demitri walked into the apartment. All of the kids should have been up by now. "Oi. Brats." He let out a long sigh and pushed back his shaggy black hair, his tongue fiddling with the lip ring in his lip. His black eyes looked around the apartment. Seemed clean enough. He straightened the silver tie around his neck, the silver suit flashy like he liked it. All he could hope and pray was that the kids didn't really look like him, though he still knew that they were his. Aris's mom said she looked like him, Jade's mom said she resembled her and nothing of him, and Kai? He hadn't heard anything from his mother since the kid was born. She kind of disappeared. 

--

Ferris was busy cleaning up breakfast when he heard a familiar voice from the living room. He smiled and tossed the last of the dishes in the dishwasher before walking to the living room. "Hey dude." He gave him a small grin and flopped back onto the couch, kicking his feet up on the table. "The house clean enough?" To be honest Ferris was exhausted from staying up so late cleaning. At least Demitri wasn't a cleanly nazi like his mom was. Everything had to be perfect, Demitri didn't seem like he really cared though. And for some reason he looked super nervous. "Relax, we don't bite. Well, Diadel might now. He's a wolf. But other than that you're pretty safe." 

What was she supposed to do now? Run away home? No, her mother sent her here in the first place. And besides, what was waiting for her at home? Years of torment and ridicule? But what was she here for anymore anyway? Daniel was over with...well, not officially. Jade had been ignoring his mass texts. Have I ever told you you're super cute? It didn't mean anything. I love you. More texts. Missed calls. Ellsie was the one person she considered to be an actual friend and he did this to her?! He made her want to vomit...and then the fact that Diadel and Aris seen her wing? Ellsie wouldn't even look at her. And then Jack kept looking at her like he pitied her! She wanted to cry and disappear. 

Patrol duty was the least of her worries. The throne Jade once sat upon was destroyed in one night, she wouldn't be partying or anything for a while. "It's not anyone's fault but his. I don't really care anyway. He...He was just some stupid boy, anyway." A stupid boy that she was head over heels for, even after everything that happened. Her eyes avoided everyone as she threw some bottles and cans in a garbage bag. "What did he mean patrol? That sounds super lame. As long as he doesn't tell Red I guess I don't care, but still." 

--

Througout the night Jade didn't sleep. Between trying not to cry and trying not to text Daniel she stayed up all night. She didn't eat much breakfast, she just sat in her chair and picked at it. Jade hadn't been this upset since her first day of school up in heaven. That day she went straight home and cried to her mom for hours about what a monster she was. Jade felt like that monster all over again and it wasn't a good feeling. So when Demitri's voice rang through the first floor of the apartment she sighed quietly. Great, punishment time. Speaking of, why had she never met him before? She had only dealt with Red for some odd reason.

Jade walked into the living room, her long platinum hair tied into a tight ponytail. She wore a black tank that hugged her curves and a short pair of hot pink shorts. Her bright blue eyes landed on the man and furrowed her light brows curiously. "You're the disciplinary guy? You don't look all that scary." She sat in one of the plush chairs, running her tan hand through her blonde bangs. 

Aris always became nervous when Red or David or Demitri were in the room. It always meant she was in trouble. Thankfully David was super cool. Patrol? Not telling Red? She'd be fine with that. No more parties. Never again. She was done. Being a loner in her room sounded better then parties did, anyway. She was just thankful that he was able to help Diadel, lord knows she didn't know how to help. Fortunately Diadel's voice dragged her out of her thoughts, making her look up at him in time to see the smile. An apology? A thanks? Her cheeks flushed slightly as she went back to shoving some trash in the garbage bag. "I don't know why you're thanking me, I didn't do anything but piss you off. Don't go thinking I'm a nice person or anything. I'm cold hearted, judgmental, and closed minded. Remember?" Quickly she shut her eyes and found herself clenching her fists shut tightly. Fuck. Really? Someone was being nice to her and immediately she turned back to her sassy, snarky person. Couldn't she be nice? Just once? Apparently not. 

Her blue eyes looked up at him and Jade for a split second before going back to the trash pick up. Was she supposed to say something to Jade? A part of her wanted to say 'I told you' in regards to Daniel, a part of her wanted to ask how long she intended on hiding the fact that she was a halfling. Jade always gave Aris shit about being a demon, why though? Jade was part demon herself! Though, it made sense. Angels didn't accept her, and neither would demons.

--

Aris didn't have a hard time falling asleep like Jade did, but her dreams were plagued with nightmares. It was a common occurrence for her, but this time it was of the scared face Diadel had when he transformed. She felt awful. To not know what you are? Especially when it was something like that...and to know that she pushed him to that point? Aris felt like the worst person on earth. Even if she was a demon she still had a heart...kind of.

At breakfast she merely laid her head down on the table. Ferris made everyone sit together for breakfast, but that didn't mean she had to eat. Jade looked like hell too, so she didn't feel so bad. The voice made her sigh softly. Great, punishment time. She stood from her seat and walked out to the living room to lean against a wall. She had on a white crop top and a pair of black leggings, the skull belly ring she had visible to all. Her bright blue eyes skimmed over the dark haired man and tilted her head curiously. Where did she see him before? He looked familiar...

Kai stayed up pretty late cleaning. Once everything looked nice he hopped in the shower to wash off the stink of alcohol and bad decisions before he hopped in bed. Kai liked to sleep in, but unfortunately Ferris insisted he woke up early and had breakfast with everyone...lame. Did he know that Kai had to get his beauty rest? At least he made some healthy options. Kai had some scrambled eggs, some strawberries, and a piece of toast. His sea blue eyes kept looking over everyone. Jade and Aris looked rough, but Aris always seemed rough in the mornings. He had spent the night with her one night last year after a night of drinking, and the thing he remembered most was her nightmares. There were a lot of tears, tossing and turning, and Kai trying to comfort her. Unfortunately he wasn't good at comforting people, especially since she said she could never remember what her nightmares were about. 

Quickly he helped Ferris clean up, groaning when he heard Demitri out in the living room. Why was it he had never met this disciplinary guy again? 

The 6'2" male moved out into the living room and leaned against the wall next to Aris. Immediately he looked from Aris to Demitri and back again. The resemblance was scary. 

The others were dreading the visit in the morning? Ellsie and Emorie? Thrilled! It meant they could finally give Demitri the bag that had been sitting in their room ever since they learned Lilax was pregnant. Emorie was more excited than any of the others though. No offense to Red and David, but Lilax and Demitri's house was her second home. She was so happy for them, even though she was slightly terrified for the baby. It was easy for Emorie to fall asleep last night but slightly harder for her to wake up in the morning. The girl liked her bed, no matter how much she enjoyed the visit. After her alarm went off for the tenth time she finally rolled out of bed and tossed on her glasses. 

For breakfast, she just sat and shoved food silently in her face. Definetly not a morning person. However that all went out the door when she heard Demitri walk in.

Emorie reached under the table and  grabbed the bag before moving quickly to Demitri who she damn near bowled over. "HERE." She held out the bag with a giant grin. The thing was the size of a tote and had a big congrats dad written on the side in rainbow letters. "It's from Ellsie and I, we wanted to bring it earlier but we ran out of time." The bag was just full of clothing for the soon coming baby girl. A lot of black, but Ellsie was able to get in some super girly stuff too. "Hell, are you drunk? You look like a psychopath." Emorie thrust the bag into his hands before turning with an eye roll. What was his issue?

Emorie sat back down and took a few more bites of food as she mindlessly looked around at everyone. Oh hell. She was right, her sister said something about Aris looking like Demitri but now? Seeing them in the same room. It was kind of eerie.

Did Ellsie get a single apology? No. Did she get a single sweet text? No. Did he even try to deny it? NO. What DID Daniel do? Text Ellsie, telling her to lie to Jade. Begging her to say that it was all a mistake. Tell her that Ellsie was making it all up. What a prick! How could he even go there? Ellsie ended up just blocking the males number, well actually she got so angry that she smashed her phone in her own hand. But that's not what she was going to tell her parents. 

The next morning, Ellsie was a little happier. Only because she would finally get to give her gift to Demitri and Lilax. Ellsie LOVED kids. So shopping for that new little baby was the highlight of her summer. Though it was hard to get the cute outfits she wanted. Demitri and Lilax were more... alternative. So Emorie's choices often won over hers. 

After getting dressed quickly, Ellsie came down stairs with a fresh face and her hair pulled back into a tight pony tail. Breakfast was pretty quiet, eating didn't sound pleasing. She still felt ill from the events of the night before. "Oh hey." Ellise didn't bother to jump with her sister, she just smiled weakly from her spot as the bag was thrust at the poor guy. "Emorie, personal space. You should know that, you're always the one bitching about it."

Jack woke up pretty early and decided on taking a quick shower and heading downstairs to help Ferris with family breakfast. The night before was crazy, and not in the usual crazy party good way. No like in the shit went down that only happened in movies type of way. "Morning." He said, his deep accent ringing through the kitchen as he worked on setting the table and pouring glasses of water. He hadn't met this Demitri guy either himself but from what he heard from other students? He sounded pretty chill. Maybe this patrol thing wouldn't be too awful.

As the others started to fill up the table, Jack helped Ferris give out plates before finally sitting down and taking a few bites of food. "Woah!" He laughed, Emorie nearly knocking over the table when she jumped up. It was like that scene in the room yesterday all over again. Only this time she was being nice. "Oh wait, this is another one of the quote unquote uncles right?" His friends had tried explaining their weird group of friends and family a few times but it was hard to keep things straight without actually seeing faces. 

The last thing that Diadel wanted to do this morning was deal with a family breakfast and deal with Demitri. The last comment that Diadel made to Demitri was kind of super rude towards Lilax... Which never went well for him. Or anyone when they spoke ill of the woman. Not when dealing with Demitri. However the one upside? He could ask him about his mom and any werewolves. Hopefully the demon would know something about it. 

When Diadel came down for food, he noticed his body was sore, warm and oh so hungry for something other than... well the usually. Though this new hunger only amplified it all. And it sure as hell wasn't for some eggs. No he felt like he could down mountains of food. Which isn't something he was ever used to feeling. 

"HOW. DO. YOU. MUTTS. DO. THIS." Diadel was already so over his new lifestyle. Everything was so hot still. Did that ever go away? It must become bearable or he would probably end up just ending it all. This was an awful existence. He scarfed down the food in front of him, not paying much attention to when the twins were talking to Demitri. That conquest would continue later, when he wasn't so god damn on edge! 

Demitri damn near fell over when the bag was lunged into his hands. How did they know?! He didn't tell anyone, especially Lilax! How would these kids know? It took him a minute to let it soak in. "...Oh. For Lil and me? How sweet guys. Thank you." He gave a nervous chuckle and looked at the clothes inside. They were all really cute! Demitri loved black clothes for babies, but it was always so hard to find black clothes for little girls. "You guys rock. Thank you." He held the bag in his hand as he looked around the room. He wasn't surprised that he looked like a psychopath, he felt like one as he stared down the two kids against the wall and the blonde girl. Kai looked like his mother and Demitri, Jade was the spitting image of her mother, but Aris? If he was shorter and female she would be an exact replica of him. The similar facial shape, the nose, the lips...Even the hair! He damn near passed out. He had gone to see her when she was little once or twice but it got hard to hide from Lilax and the others so he stopped coming around. 

After a minute of staring he cleared his throat. "Y-Yeah, I'm the uncle of those three." He rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. "Jesus look how you've grown..." He whispered quietly to himself, shaking out his hair and pulling his attention away from Aris. Stop it. Stop. "You guys did a good job at cleaning. What am I here for?" To gawk at his children? "Oh. Patrol. Right. Well since you guys have so much free time David wanted me to send you guys on patrols. You'll have partners to watch over you. So Emorie, you and Ferris always make a good team. Jack, you can take miss Jade. Ellsie, you'll take Kai. And Diadel, you'll take um..." He felt off just saying her name. "Her." He pointed over to her and shook his head. This was harder than he thought. "Diadel, if you're thinking about your dad then I'll redirect you to Red. She used to be engaged to him." 

---

Whoa whoa whoa! What was happening? "Lil's pregnant! I didn't know that! Congrats dude!" Ferris watched Demitri stare at Jade and Kai before he froze at the sight of Aris. What? Whoa. They did look alike...and what was that about how she's grown? "Wait. What?!" Red was engaged to someone before David?! Didn't they say they were high school sweethearts!? "Demitri you've lost it. Dad and mom have been a thing since school, there's no way that she could have been engaged to someone else..." He rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. He didn't mind the patrol so much, but he had practice and what not. "Hey, uhm, for soccer and track do I get to attend that? I have that everyday after school. So can we like, do a night shift or something? And how long do we have to do this for?"

"Want it to snow, Diadel?" Aris smirked slightly and waved her hand, a small cloud appearing above his head releasing some snowflakes on him. She was back to being a sassy brat. However the stares from Demitri quickly made her feel uncomfortable. Was it her outfit? Was it too revealing? They weren't even at school, he couldn't get her on an outfit violation! ...could he? No. Not in their own place. Her blue eyes stared at him and observed every feature on his face. The jawline was just like hers. His nose, even the eye shape. Aris was younger than everyone but her intelligence rivaled most college seniors, so when the 'how you've grown' comment was made she connected the two.

The temperature of the room immediately dropped and she took a step back, only to walk right into Kai. "You're..." No. Her eyes started to glow with rage. "No fucking wonder I haven't met your stupid ass yet!" Aris reached back and summoned a giant sphere of ice before chucking it at him. "How many others are there?!" She didn't expect an honest answer out of the man...she was just in shock. When was the last time she seen him? When she was five? And even then it was only like twice! Now here he stood, staring at her like she was some kind of exhibit at a museum! 

The looks did make Jade feel uncomfortable but she didn't say anything. The patrol she didn't mind, she could have been paired with worse. At least Jack was nice. The vibrating phone in her hand made her flinch slightly, seeing another text from Daniel. A good morning text, something she got every morning. The sentiment made her smile sweetly, her fingers hovering above the keyboard to send him a message. However the sudden drop in temperature made her quickly shove her hands in the warmth of her tank top. "Aris stop! I hate the cold!" As she spoke her breath was visible. It was fall outside for heavens sake! 

"What's going on?!" Sometimes it took Jade a bit to catch on. "A-Are you upset over Diadel's dad or something!? What does that have to do with you Aris?!" Poor Jade. If only she knew. Jade wouldn't have reacted like Aris did though, Jade wouldn't have cared. He never once tried to see her. It was probably for the best...

Thank Poseidon Kai had on a long sleeved black shirt and black jeans or else he would have probably done something similar to Jade. He didn't like the cold, but with his best friend being Aris he had to learn to dress warm for any possible freak attack. Exhibit A. The others would learn pretty quickly to do the same. His hands went to steady Aris's shoulders, rubbing them a little to try to calm her down. "Aris, what's wrong?" His eyes darted back and forth between her and Demitri. Unlike Aris Kai had never met his father, or his mother. As soon as he was born she was stripped of her Nereid title and God status and it was given to Kai. His aunts raised him and told him how his father was some high ranking demon and chose not to be apart of Kai's life. He was better off. He was raised in the ways of his people, raised in the ocean with the mermaids, sea nymphs, and other sea gods like him. 

This was the most upset he had ever seen her however. The water in the bottle on the table had already frozen solid, his hands dropping from her skin quickly. She was too cold for him to touch, his fingers felt like he was going to develop frost bite. "What did he do, Aris? You need to calm down..." 

Last edited by a moderator:
This was Lilax times 1000. Demitri dodged the ice ball and shoved his hands deep into the breast of his suit to try and warm his hands. "Two, okay? That I know of. You, Kai, and Jade are my kids. Jade's mom and I agreed that it was best I stayed away from her, Kai's mother told me it was mine then disappeared off of the face of the earth, and you? I tried. Lilax and I were done with for a year and I kind of went on a wild spree of women. When I found out about you I tried to see you a couple times but it just got too crazy, and I didn't want Lilax finding out. She was my priority. And let's be real, I'd be a shit dad. You lucked out!" Demitri chuckled quietly, hoping that it would calm her down somehow. Though he doubted it. And there was no way anyone but a wolf or another ice demon could touch her right now. He could barely touch Lil when she got this angry. 

"So uh, hi. I'm your dad. Demitri Michaels, one of the kings of Hell. If it helps I've been sending your mother money every week to help raise you...and I had your parents send you guys here to keep you safe. I never intended on meeting you guys." And if Aris wasn't so good at making observations they would have never found out... She definitely got her moms smarts, that was for sure. 

Patrols. Blah, blah, blah. Whatever. Diadel just kept picking at his plate. However... the comment about his dad had him quickly up from the table, his yellow eyes turning on Demtiri. They were wide enough to look like fucking saucers and he couldn't get words out of his mouth. What? Red? She was engaged to his biological dad? How did Demitri even know that so quickly. Was it really only the one guy possible?

"What do you mean? How do you even know." Diadel stammered, his hand running through his pink hair as he swallowed hard. It was just so strange to hear. That Ferris' mother was once engaged to his father? Ferris was denying the possibility but there was no way Demitri was that out of touch. Plus, the more he thought about it... Diadel could hear his mothers ramblings from her padded room. "N-Nick? You mean Nick?" Dez had rambled on and on about that day that it all went down. She used to be so proud of the way her and her friends played these people. The enchanted ring. The fight with Lilax. The murdering of entire towns... A man like that was his father? It sent chills down his spine. Diadel wasn't the sweetest by any means but he wasn't a killer. Or at least he didn't think he was... but it was obviously in his blood.

Before he could get any straight answer, Aris was suddenly loosing it at Demitri and as much as Diadel would usually be snickering at a scene like this. He needed everyone to just calm the hell down. What was she going on about anyways! "Aris, Aris come on!" Diadel sighed, they didn't need the house to turn into a ice rink.

However, Demitri's answer? Fuck it. Destroy the house. Hell, even his mouth turned into a smirk. "God man, what did I say in the car about those succubus relationships. So loyal." 

"Wow." And Jack thought his family was insane. He honestly didn't think it could get much crazier than seven little sisters but they were all quickly proving him wrong. This was all so confusing to watch as a complete outsider. Sure he was friends, but even Diadel was slightly involved. "Okay so let me get this all straight. Some of you are related? Some of you are but arent? Some of you are this guys kid?" Holy hell... What did he get himself into this year. His eyes drifted over to the twins for a moment, he knew Emorie for the past few years and he knew how much she loved her aunt and uncle. Hearing this? That Demitri had children that he hid from his wife? That had to hurt... 

Then Jack looked over at Jade. Aris was loudly showing her anger and at first Jade just seemed confused. But once Demitri flat out said it? There was no way to deny it. No way to not understand.

"Hey doll, you okay?" Jack reached over and put a hand on her shoulder gently, giving it a small squeeze. 

Emorie rolled her eyes at Ferris, "How did you not know that? You're so out of touch with reality boy." She looked over at him with a raised brow and laughed a little. Looking at him after her little... dizzy spell... last night just made her infuriated with herself all over again. Her face was starting to heat up but thankfully the commotion from Diadel and Aris quickly pulled her attention. Demitri knew Diadel's dad? And Red was ENGAGED TO HIM? Quickly she looked over at Ferris. He seemed to be reeling a little bit. Even Emorie couldn't ever imagine Red and David with anyone else. Let alone engaged. 

Then Aris freaked out and Emorie found herself quickly rising from her seat, damn near at the exact same time as her sister did. Ellsie and Emorie looked at each other, both ready to go off. How could he lie to Lilax like this? How could he keep this from all of them?! Especially when he was about the be a father himself. Not that he already wasn't... "You do know she's going to find out now right? You can't expect us to lie to her!" They Byron twins spoke in unison. Each other's voices were ringing through the others head. When you got them both worked up like this? Oh hell. 

Ellsie was just completely in shock. "Wait, so they're all siblings then?" It explained why the two girls couldn't stand each other. Siblings fought like that. Especially sisters. Everyone was consoling the girls but she looked over at Kai. He seemed just as confused by Aris' outburst as Jade. But he was trying to get Aris to calm down. Holy shit... This was insane!

-

"Hide what from me?" The platinum blonde beauty beamed as she walked into the room. Lilax could almost instantly feel the power from Aris and it made her chuckle a little. "Oh my ice demons. You certainly have a knack for pissing us off." She dropped her bag near the door and made her way to her husband, wrapping her arms around him before planting a small kiss on his cheek before moving to the twins and wrapping them in a hug. "Girls!" Lilax reached out again and grabbed Ferris by the shirt, "I'm fat and tired, don't make me come to you kid."

After finally letting them go, Lilax stepped back and ran her hand over her seven months pregnant stomach. "I figured that I'd surprise everyone. Demitri was never good at patrols himself so I doubted he would be good at making them happen now. He was always more of a jump of buildings type of guy. Anyways! What is going on?"

"You're fucking priority? I'm sorry, I guess that if I had three children all of a sudden those would be my new priority!" Aris. Was. Lit. She wanted to break down and cry. Aris's mother wasn't the best. Demon parents weren't usually attentive. But fathers were supposed to dote on their daughters, right? That's what all of her friends dads were like back at home. They had a dad to love them, they had dads to cry to. Aris wanted that. But whenever she asked about her father she got 'He just didn't want to be apart of our life, honey. I'm sorry.' Aris's mother wasn't a succubus. She was an ice demon who fell for the wrong person. Even then Aris didn't deserve this.

Her heart stopped when she realized what he said. Kai and Jade? She suddenly wanted to vomit. She had slept with Kai last year! No wonder it felt weird and wrong! Oh, hell, she was going to the grave with that one. 

Her eyes widened when she seen Lilax. This wasn't something for Aris to tell her. No...this was for Demitri to tell her. Wait? Why was she waiting for him? He had 18 years to tell her the truth! 17 for Jade, and 16 for Aris. This was unfair on so many levels. "While you're having your first, he's having his fourth. Or who knows what number he's at." Why did she feel so betrayed? So unwanted? Aris spun around and avoided looking at anyone, walking past Diadel and going to the back yard to get some air. 

Jade's eyes went wide for a moment as she looked at Demitri. That? That was her father? A king of hell?! No wonder she was hated so much. But then it hit her; now everyone knew about what she was. Not just Aris and Diadel, but Jack, the twins, Kai... she was more upset about them knowing then the fact that her dad was a piece of trash! "You don't have to try to be nice to me anymore. You know. I'm not an angel." Jade gave a sad smile back at Jack, her eyes watering again. If this wasn't the icing on the cake she didn't know what would be. "I'm just a monster." Hybrids were acceptable, but demon and angel hybrids were not. Especially not with the war going on. Angels were on one side, demons on another. Her? Neither side wanted her. 

Her eyes landed on Lilax and instantly she started to cry, the tears streaming down her cheeks. Aris had every right to be upset! From the sounds of it Demitri had seen her a couple times and decided to give her up. At least he decided from the beginning he didn't want Jade. "I didn't ask to be born, y'know. When you create something you should take responsibility for it. I'm not mad like she is, I could care less. I just think it's messed up that you would let something like me be born." It hurt to say but it was true. Literally she would have been fine with anything but a demon. "So, what? Am I like a succubus or something like that, too? No wonder every angel hates me. My mom can hardly look at me most days." Jade stood to her feet and shook her head. "Um, congratulations. I hope he sticks around?" Jade gave a small smile at Lilax before running upstairs to her room. Outside would be freezing with Aris, but she didn't want anyone looking at her while she cried. 

Kai slept with his sister. Oh, fuck. No wonder he thought Jade and Aris were so cute, they were related to him! Shit shit shit. Aris looked like she was ready to cry and vomit and he was right there with her. To. The. Grave. Chinese torture wouldn't get him to admit something like that ever happened. Fortunately for Demitri, Kai didn't give a damn if he was his father or not. "My mother was stripped of her title as a God and cast from our society after my birth. If I don't care about knowing her, why would I care about knowing you? You're the one that has to live with knowing you did that to my mother. You made her stray from her duty of protecting the sea." Kai gave a small shrug and looked back at Jade and Aris. Should he go comfort them? No, he addressed the fact that he was bad at that already.

His eyes landed on Lilax, wincing slightly at what Aris had said to her. "Shit Aris, that's not a good way to address someone." She was upset though, he couldn't blame her. His attention drifted towards the twins, tilting his head curiously. "You guys look pretty upset. You okay?" Ferris still seemed upset about the fact that his mother was engaged to someone before his dad...he'd get over it. He was fine. 

Somehow... Lilax wasn't shocked. She wasn't terribly hurt. Demitris past? It was bound that he had some children out there. Hell, Lilax wasn't even that shocked that it happened during that year. When this all started, Lilax came to terms with what Demitri was. When they were apart? He had to feed. Plus the both of them were on a terrible

downward spiral without the other. However what did hurt her? That Demitri never told her.

Lilax turned to her husband with a sad smile, running her hand over his cheek. "I love you. Okay? I love you. I think you should probably head out though. I'll meet you outside, I want to talk to them." Regal and composed as always. "El, Em. It's okay. Really girls. I'm not that bothered. " she shot them a reassuring smile before moving past them all and out to the back yard.

"Aris correct?" Lilax smiled at the black haired woman and took a gentle seat on a patio chair. The cold didn't bother her at all, it actually felt rather calming. "He's not awful. Good people can do terrible things. Just like awful people can do good things. I'm sure that these things I tell you won't fix anything magically but I know if I was you I'd want to know abot him." 

"The time that's Demitri would have gotten your mother pregnant? You wouldn't have wanted him in her life more than the one time. He was a mess. Nasty, depressed, at one point I thought that he would never be the same. I couldn't even reach him. He was like that before meeting us as well. But long story short. I can understand if you hate him. But don't let it make you look down on yourself. At that time Aris? He wasn't a person. He was a shell. It doesn't make it okay, but it just means that he was completely incapable of giving you the love you deserve." Maybe she made it worse. She didn't know. But she felt like she had to say it. 

Lilax ax stood up and patted her stomach, "I've been with that raging idiot for a little over twenty years. And through it all Ive learned that when he's him. Really him. He's worth it... I'm sure you're a person who's worth love too." With that she smiled one more time and made her way out. Jade seemed like she needed to be alone. 

"Be good. All of you." Then she left, heading to the car to punch her husband in the balls. She was classy but not when it came to bullshit.

Emorie sat there. Just staring as Aris spoke to her aunt. She wanted to punch her for the outburst. Yes, Lilax deserved to know but the way that Aris said it? Was going to get the little bitch punched. Emorie understood that she was upset but fuck that. You don't come at her family like that at all. Though... she supposed it was kind of her step mother. "Oh what in the actual fuck!" Emorie moved and sent her fist flying into the wall. Breaking the plaster and letting out a small growl as Aris ran outside. She was trying to calm down. Rationalize with herself that Aris had a right to get so high strung. It wasn't until Lilax spoke that she did finally let out a slow breath though. 

"I-yeah." Emorie gave her a small smile and watched as she walked into the back yard. Then her attention went to Kai. "I mean I guess. Just. I mean what the fuck!" Emorie shook out her hair and started angerly grabbing dishes and washing them in the sink. They really expected them to focus on classes after this?!

Ellsie looked at Kai and sighed, "My sister really idiolizes Lilax and Demitri. They're like her second parents... so listening to people diss on Demitri is kind of hard. Especially when we know a lot. Well we thought we did...." Ellsie looked over at her sister who was washing dishes and let out another low sigh. 

"What about you, I mean like that's a lot to take on..." Her hazel eyes looked over Kai slowly. She had no clue about him not knowing his mom or dad... that would really suck. Ellsie was so close with her parents that it was hard to think about not even knowing them at all. 

Was it bad that what Lilax said actually made her feel a little better? Good people doing bad things, that's what she had been doing lately. It made a whole hell of a lot of sense. Later on she made it a point to apologize to everyone. Her behavior was hot headed and erratic and everyone didn't need to see that, Lilax didn't deserve to get yelled at. Demitri did, but she didn't. Aris decided she needed to change. This wasn't her. She had never been this mean, spiteful girl. What made her like this? Oh, right, Jade...they were sisters now. Things made a lot more sense. 

Over the next two months Aris had worked hard on her behavior and attitude. In her quest to find herself she found a new love for art, mainly drawing, and became more pleasant to be around. She spent most of her time drawing. Well, when she wasn't at school or on patrols with Diadel. Suddenly he wasn't as irritating as he used to be. Maybe it was the fact that he himself had changed, what with being a wolf and what not. Maybe it was because she changed...either way, she found him to be pretty decent company. Hell, she even laughed at his jokes! ..Mainly they were pity laughs, but she made an attempt. Before she would have never even bothered laughing. 

--

Fall had gone by quickly. Before she knew it there was a thick blanket of snow covering the ground of the campus. Being around this much snow visibly relaxed Aris and helped calm her down when she got mad, not that it really happened much lately. Today was a stressful day however, so she was thankful she was on patrol with Diadel. He was probably more stressed out than her, so she hoped she could help distract him from the parent teacher conferences that were going on. Granted he was a senior, and he was used to his mom not showing up, but didn't it get uncomfortable seeing all these parents? Especially since he just figured out his mom actually knew who his dad was not too long ago. 

Heavy snow was falling from the gray sky as Aris skipped happily through the snow. It was probably somewhere in the single digits and she was dressed like it was spring time; a striped sweater with a small bow on the front, black skinny jeans, white pumps, a black beret, pentagram earrings and a snowflake necklace. Benefit of being an ice demon she supposed, she never got cold. Her mom actually came to the conference this year. Considering her mother had never left Hell before it was a big surprise to Aris. Unfortunately she didn't have much time to catch up with her before she had to go meet her teachers. Thankfully Aris had always been praised by her teachers for her smarts. 

"Diadel, do you want me to run and get you something?" Her black curls bounced as she looked back at him, a small smile taking over her pretty features. "We've been out here for a little over an hour. Name it and I'll get it. Cocoa, sushi, burgers. I know how hungry all this walking makes you." See? A whole new thoughtful Aris. She hadn't even ripped on Diadel and his thousand girlfriends since she turned over this whole new leaf! 

l.jpg

This was Hell, complete and utter Hell. This was how she was going die. She had dealt with Earth winters the last few years, but she had never spent an extended period of time outside! If she did Daniel had always warmed her. Her hair was in a tight ponytail that fell under her four layers of clothing, black jeans with thick leggings underneath, warm boots, a warm white beanie and a thick black scarf. Even with all that it couldn't keep the girl warm. "Jack," Jade practically whined as she buried her face in the scarf. "When I freeze to death I want you to tell Aris that I told you so, and that it is possible to freeze to death in this weather!" She was certainly still a dramatic little thing. 

Her phone chimed in her pocket and immediately her gloved hands pulled out the device, a small smile taking over her lips. She had really tried to be done with Daniel, but he was her constant. He told her that there were other girls, that he got distracted, but he broke it off with them. That made things okay, right? Then why did it feel so wrong? Why did she feel it necessary to hide it from the others? Unlike Aris she wanted nothing to do with heir newfound dad. Daniel? He gave her the attention she wanted. 

Usually they took turns doing patrols, but today was parent teacher conferences. They wanted the school grounds covered while everyone was busy. That was why her and Jack were out in the blistering cold. And can she just be the first to say that Jack was great? He was an honest to god gentleman. They needed more Jacks in the world. Maybe she would have been proud of her boyfriend if he was anything like Jack was. Instead she felt it necessary to hide the fact that they were together. Hell, Jack wanted to defend Jade that first night when they all found out what a scumbag Daniel was...like, how sweet was that? His parents raised him right. His sisters were lucky to have him.

The thought made her cheeks flush slightly. She shot Daniel a quick text before shoving her phone back into her pocket and yanking on some gloves. Her mom had stopped by earlier and gave Jade a quick hug and kiss before going to the conference. She always seemed so happy when Jade was away, and a piece of her felt bad. Did she ruin her moms life being born? Back to her previous statement, she didn't ask to be born.  

l.jpg

Ferris was still reeling from the fact that his mother was engaged to Diadel's biological father at one point! He had even brought it up one night with his parents. Why would I have to tell you about my previous relationships? Your dad and I have been involved on and off since High School. I've made my mistakes. We all make them. What kind of answer was that?! He supposed it didn't change anything, but it still felt weird. Like he almost felt guilty looking at Diadel! 

Thankfully Ferris didn't have too much time to dwell on the thoughts that plagued him. Between soccer practice, track, the patrols, his studies, and finding time to play the guitar he barely had enough time to sleep. Being part vampire helped him with that though, he didn't need much sleep. Hell he forgot to breath sometimes! That was probably his favorite prank to pull on his mom when he was little. Lay there and not breath. She always freaked out and freaked out on David. Ferris usually cracked up and got himself in trouble. Still, it was kind of funny to see. Now that he thought about it though, that was a pretty cruel joke. Sorry mom.

Emorie and Ferris were patrolling the East side of campus today. There wasn't much over there, just a bunch of trees leading to the woods. The school was buried in the mountains and woods, there was only really one road that lead outside to civilization. The patrols were so unnecessary the more he thought about them. They even had walkie talkies they never used. Emergencies only. 

Now that it was winter Ferris's sports were over with until the spring. So there he sat, on a large rock with his guitar strumming away. A thought hit him and forced him to stop playing, his bright blue eyes looking over at his good friend. "How do your parents feel about you attending a school full of Fae? I know that for a long while they limited you guys with just us, but sending you here had to be a big step for them. Did mom convince you guys or were they actually scared of the war?" The odds of the war being brought to them was like, one in a million. They were just a bunch of kids! Maybe demon kids and angel kids, but even then. Kids were innocent! 

Parent teacher conferences were a joke. None of the Nereid's could leave the water for long periods of time, that made them unavailable to come to this charade. Besides, what did parents need to meet teachers for? Couldn't they call if there was a problem? He blew their reasoning right out of the water. 

Ellsie and Kai were in charge of watching the south end of campus, the one with the road. Like anyone would come at them from the only road they had! If Kai was issuing an attack he would go above. But the mountains were so high that they would see it coming a mile away. That was enough time to get their defenses together. The campus had some of the strongest Fae, and one of the kings of hell...which so happened to be his dad. Did that mean the demons couldn't attack them? So what was this school for? To protect them from angels? Angels wouldn't attack kids...would they?

The thoughts gave him goosebumps. "Ellsie. Did they ever say who the school was supposed to protect us from? Because if Demitri is one of the kings of hell doesn't that mean they can't go against his command? So why are we here? To protect us from Angels? Aren't they, well, angels?" Kai leaned against one of the trees and looked back at the gorgeous girl. Kai was dressed warmly. Black pants, a pair of black snow boots, a long sleeved black shirt, a black leather jacket, and a black and white plaid scarf. A beanie was pulled over his head to keep his ears warm. 

Did this make Jade, Aris and Kai targets now? Ferris already was a target being Red's son, but being the son of one of the kings of Hell? That would be a pretty big advantage in the war...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back